FANTASTIC 4: GRAND DESIGN BY TOM SCIOLI ANNOUNCED

FANTASTIC FOUR: GRAND DESIGN #1 of 2
Written by TOM SCIOLI
Penciled by TOM SCIOLI
Cover by TOM SCIOLI
VARIANT BY ED PISKOR
CORNER BOX VARIANT BY TOM SCIOLI

Because you demanded it! The bestselling GRAND DESIGN franchise continues with Marvel’s First Family! Brought to you by critically-acclaimed cartoonist TOM SCIOLI (GODLAND, TRANSFORMERS VS. GI JOE) in the sole-authorship tradition made famous by ED PISKOR’S X-MEN: GRAND DESIGN trilogy! Join the Watcher and witness how it all began… Plus appearances by the biggest names in Marvel history!: Doctor Doom! Black Panther! Namor! Galactus! Mole Man! The Inhumans!

48 PGS./Rated T …$5.99

Hopefully we get Michelle Fiffe doing Spider-Man Grand Design soon

Attached: fantastic-four-grand-design-01-1177966.jpg (900x1367, 119K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/QNZsqBAjsiw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Attached: fantastic-four-grand-design-06-1177967.jpg (900x1367, 111K)

Attached: fantastic-four-grand-design-02-1177969.jpg (900x1367, 124K)

Attached: fantastic-four-grand-design-03-1177970.jpg (900x1367, 128K)

Attached: fantastic-four-grand-design-04-1177974.jpg (900x1367, 119K)

Attached: fantastic-four-grand-design-05-1177975.jpg (900x1367, 126K)

Holy shit I'm HYPED. Some user actually asked for this in a X-Men Grand Design thread a few days ago, I bet he's even more hyped.

Nice!

I remember Scioli mentioning this as a dream project a while back. Good to see it happened.

Why does Marvel have to milk everything? This isn’t even Piskor, they are just running with his idea so they can run it into the ground.

Is there any precedent for Sue being a thief?

The corner box variant cover can be found in this video:
youtu.be/QNZsqBAjsiw

Tom Scioli is built to draw retro F4 stuff that why. They probably could have used a different subtitle though

But it's a fantastic idea? They should do it with all their mayor titles. Its a celebration of their history with amazing indie artists, we should have more of that, nor less. The concept is the same but this is obviously not a X-Men Gran Design rip off with Scioli handling it

I'm not ready for the potential Scioli brand mindfucks.

>The corner box variant cover
I forgot that cover is already posted, so the Piskor variant is yet to be officially released in plain image form.

Fuckin a, nice

>As an artist known for his love of Jack Kirby, Scioli seems like the perfect choice to give the Fantastic Four the Grand Design treatment. “Fantastic Four is like the Magna Carta of Marvel, this founding document, so being allowed to get my hands on it is thrilling," Scioli says. "They’ve given me a tremendous amount of creative freedom to just go for it.”

>Piskor says, “Scioli has such unadulterated respect and reverence for the subject matter that I think we can all agree, the Fantastic Four are in great hands with this project!”

Neat.

I like Scioli but the whole point of these retellings is lost on me.
Carry on.

He seriously fucking loves Kirby

>point of these retellings
Shortened versions of long stories help to make new readers access them. X-Men was also pretty fun, it had a lot of comedy, so that was a plus.

It's so fucking weird when Marvel does something right. Thank you for this.

Attached: f4.jpg (1152x1739, 310K)

I look at it as an artist I like covering a great song

I was hoping sciloi's next comic would be an original story like American Barbarian

Hopefully this will give him the $$$ to do a great next indie project- as Ed's now doing

>Because you demanded it!
I really don't think this happened.

Yeah they should be shilling these hard. Great way to get new readers in

Yeah, ok. Not for me then. I have an FF shrine.

I literally demanded it. So, thanks for listening Marvel!

Attached: D1CF1027-2A44-4E55-9364-FDDA88CD07C4.jpg (828x1095, 428K)

what an odd choice

I own Kirby's entire run and have read it many times since childhood and I am more hype for this than anything else from Marvel. Don't write these off, they are love letters to when comics were good by the artists that should be drawing cape comics..

Funny how FF was missing for years and irrelevant and now they have their rights back in the MCU they are pushed hard

Akira is really getting some very nice things going.

Almost like Marvel is a for-profit business

And I would have gotten away with it too if it waasn't for that blasted Feige!

Attached: 416x416.jpg (416x416, 17K)

I've been on Yea Forums for 16 years, and I think it's the first time one of my comments has been screencapped.

I'm keeping this.

Attached: 1532991518373.jpg (1152x1152, 180K)

This is true, he's making mostly promising moves (besides Henry Abrams ruse) but it was one of Alonso's final acts bringing Ed it to start the Grand Design imprint

? What comment

Attached: 500C8F07-2CEA-4762-B722-B4BD2681EA52.jpg (720x593, 198K)

>why Marvel has to do more of a good thing?

Because you are a faggot.

Fuck yes! Cant wait to read this. I enjoyed Ed Piskor's X-men Grand Design and I'm a fan of Tom Scioli's art so I'm sure this will be good

Big 44 min interview with scioli on F4 Grand Design
youtu.be/QNZsqBAjsiw

Piskor is the interviewer

What era is this going to go up to. End of Kirby or till around Simonson.

Jim Rugg too

He hasn't decided yet according to this

The booksize comment. The Grand Design book is too big for my liking.

user probably refers to one of the other comments from that reference.

Seems like the heart of it will be covering the Kirby and Lee run but from the interview posted
Scioli will reference other runs here and there while also putting his own spin on things

He's done 40 pages already, pretty sure he's figured most of it out

He talks about involving the Illuminati

He had an original goal but he's keeping it open in case he can think of a better place as he writes.
Like X-Men it'll be around ~300 pages

He said it's only 80 pages. 2 issues

I’m sure they’re fine books, I’m just not into it.

well marvel can't stop copying DC
nothing new here

Ah.. what don't you like about it, it's size is sort of unwieldy or? Just curious

It's a little unwieldly for sure, but it's mostly an aesthetic decision. I buy comics with flat colors in regular size, comic with digital/modern coloring in oversized, but nothing bigger than that.

"Overwhelming" would be an overstatement, but it's just too "in my face" when I read it. Thanks for asking.

This sounds pretty awesome. Would kill for a Spider-man one.

Holy shit. Scioli making a FF book is a dream come true.

Fuck yeah, motherfuckers.

Oh boy, Sue cucking Reed with Namor in a shitty minimalist art. The apex of Marvel.

Who would you like to see handle the Spider-Man: Grand Design book?

The COPRA artist Fiffe is the obvious

Attached: MAIN-Spidey-EBAY.jpg (3024x2293, 1.04M)

wasn't he pals with ditko too?

I see them as like Marvels, but more focused on the particular groups involved.

meh as fuck. X-Men made sense, because it's convoluted mess. FF has nothing to offer other than Kirby's era

It first part of X-Men was only two issues.

damn, first page and I can't tell it already sucks. it seems like the classic retelling of the story, instead of the faux documentary style that was X-Men. hard pass

because marvel doesn't have ideas

x-men had a point. this one? not really. what makes it different from season one books?

Scioli said it wasn't going to be multiple parts in the interview with Piskor and Rugg.

the x-men were announced from the get go to be 6-issue mini. not so with FF. it's only 2 issues, and frankly, it's not like you can milk FF for 6 either

Marvel shoudl just stop using those old characters in the main continuity. Most of them have nothing left to say or to bring and the more they get used, the less sensse they make.
Just give them mini series like that, stuff like Spidey Life Story, nostalgia one shots with iconic creative teams and some out of continuity GN.

>whole point of these retellings
To clean Marvel history of the various stupid shit writers did in the 90s and 00s

yeah, because they will suddenly disappear, and no one will ever know

>Ben can't find pants large enough for him
>in united states of fat
RIP my suspension of disbelief

I'm hyped for an eventual Spider-Man Grand Design.

>fat people
>1960's
You had to be rich to be fat back then

Pokemon battle.

yeah, and Iron Fist Grand Design, and Howard the Duck Grand Design. Everyone gets a Grand Design. ehhhhhhhhhhh

holy crap, even the pacing is as shit as in the 60s comics!

This isn't the opening, the opening is Galactus' birth

like, coming out of vagina?

>Howard the Duck Grand Design
If you'd actually read Howard you'd know that a condensation of Gerber's run into a handful of issures could be absolutely amazing.

Are you retarded? I said Spider-Man, THE Marvel character. If X-Men and F4 had one, Spider-Man has even more of a reason too. I went up and you went downwards.

spider-man already has life story

Shit art.

appropriate art for appropriate character then

Have sex

no, it's gross

>Sue Storm. High society grifter?

Wtf?

Attached: 08900.jpg (1024x681, 514K)

>TDKR pose.
Why not homage a marvel comic?

But piskor made changes in favor of his head canon so what good is that?

In the business we call that "writing a comic book"

Cute little response user but if the point is a re-telling then it makes no sense to make changes. What a fucking faggot.

You aren't in the business tho faggot. Why LARP?

It doesn't need it. Xmen GD was made because of the constant relaunches and reboots and head canons made canon throughout the years.

Howard is mostly point a to point b.

That's disappointing, that was one of the worst ideas Bendis gave to Marvel.

Still I'd be interested in seeing how Scioli handles it even if I probably might not like it.

Except X-Men's "recap" blatantly changed stuff and awkwardly jumped over others. Like, Cable is just there for no reason. New Mutants barely get any play. It claimed the X-men reincarnated on alternative worlds after running from the Reavers. Inferno only has a shallow resemblance to the original storyline. Most of X-Factor is completely ignored. Etc.

Spider-man would actually be interesting. The FF, not so much.

she stole my heart

Attached: nmk.jpg (225x225, 10K)

>This isn’t even Piskor, they are just running with his idea
Piskor and Scioli are studio partners and collaborate all the time you fucking casual

nobody CARES

ooooh, so that's why there were shill threads asking if we liked more grand designs. And people deny that there are shills on Yea Forums

You did since you responded.

wrong. I only wanted to tell you what a massive faggot you are

No there is not. Sue is having tea with amfriend in that scene in the og FF.
A skrull disguised as Sue does this in the second issue.

Attached: image.jpg (3264x2448, 1.89M)

Only shills deny it. Especially after the channel/chan split.

user seems to think that's called "writing" rather than "editing".

Scioli is 100% more fun than Piskor

So you're also in denial

>who cares
>you MUST care cause you said who cares
I see way too much of this faggotry lately.

This. Grand Design was neat for what it was but making it a thing and using a different artist just means we will get someone else in Spider-Man than someone else on Cap. This will be Marvel’s new thing they can run into the ground.

Looks like something he just drew as a doodle or commission and these idiots paid for it to be a cover.

It's not wrong, that's for sure

Uh is this seriously Scioli? What happened? Godland looked way better than this

Kill yourself faggot. Your post hinges on the delusion that saying "who cares" means someone is invested in something.

It's what smarmy faggots on Facebook do when they simply need the last word in an exchange.

Way too much dried cum in his eyes.

Fun fact: this cover got me to read so much 80's Spider-Man

X-Men Grand Design only went as far as 1990 or 1991, before Claremont left, it didn't address any of the things you mean.

>Piskor skipped all the fun X-Men stuff
homo

He communicated with Ditko for a while.

What was this for?

>I DON'T CARE
>Says the guy crying and telling people to kill themselves

Fan art

Thematically it made sense, but stopping at X-tinction Agenda instead of the Muir Island Saga was weird.

Literally the stupidest statement I've read

It really was. I bought every issue and it’s gorgeous and was a fun read but he shit the bed at the end. It could have been perfect but it will never not feel weird to me without Muir Island Saga.

In actually a different user.

If you could follow a thread you would know this.

Explain why it makes sense. You won't because you just wanted to bump the thread like a faggot.

It didn't make sense at all other than to people like piskor who thought it was dumb. The theme was re-telling. He made changes.

It's like writing a history book and deciding to reorder and change the timeline.

>inb4 it's fiction
It serves the same function, a re-telling of post events.

You can't even use a common phrase properly and you're calling others stupid?

Past events*

>In actually a different user.

No one believes you.

can someone post his Green Arrow page they were fun

If you're going to reorganize and and change stuff, it should feel more organic. A lot of the omissions and changes were just weird, and how he just flatout rushed through certain things while slowing down and spending tons of pages on other stuff only makes the out of nowhere ending feel disjointed and too sudden. It didn't at all have the sense of closure and wrapping up the timeline, it just grinded into a halt. It's like he needed an extra issue but just didn't do one.

I wish Piskor and Scioli would just do original stories in the same style

Like a 're-telling' of the 'history' of a property that never existed until they just made it up?

We get it, you're butthurt. You don't have to keep spamming the same retarded tears.

That's my biggest problem. It's very clearly what piskor wanted to hide or make more significant. It's not good for new readers to be retold an untrue story.

And the only defense from those that enjoy it seems to be "gosh you mean he took artistic license" as if that doesn't directly contradict the point of a project like this.

We get it you're butt hurt that you couldn't just shill this shit. You don't have to keep spamming the same faggot ass tears.

>No u

Attached: 98760.jpg (255x247, 9K)

this is amazing

Nah, you.

i'd rather buy a best of tpb

also trying to ape the style of the original artist? but not really? these are too self conscious for me

That's just Scioli's art

kirby would've been disappointed

90s image is a better love letter to kirby than this will ever be

I don't get why so many people are shitting their pants over this. The people saying it's dumb or pointless that is. Marvel have published stuff like Loebs color series in the past etc. which fill not the same, but a similar purpose

It's one user having a meltdown. These are otherwise universally loved.