People complain about diversity in Homecoming

>people complain about diversity in Homecoming
>they double it down in Far From Home
Based or Cringe?

Attached: spider-man-homecoming-holland-bank.jpg (600x300, 41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

chalkbeat.org/posts/ny/2019/03/18/as-admissions-controversy-roils-data-shows-new-york-citys-specialized-high-schools-continue-to-accept-few-black-and-hispanic-students/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Cringey precursor of Bankrupt Marvel 2.0

based as fuck.

>Not-white as fuck

The problem isnt diversity, the problem is they dont resemble or act like the characters they're supposed to be at all.

A black Flash can work just as well as a white Flash if he's still a 6' 2" chad in a varsity jacket with a crewcut and he's kind of a dick who likes spider-man but softens up into a pretty alright dude.

Ned is just Ganke, i legitimately dont understand what the fucking purpose of that is.

MJ is an OC with a "I CLAPPED WHEN I UNDERSTOOD THE REFERENCE" tier name.

It triggers /pol/ so it sounds based to me

The only people complaining is /pol/. The only ones making a big deal about it are SJWs. Both should be ignored.

The problem with Flash is that he doesn't look threatening at all. Cast any race you want but get a guy that's actually a physically imposing jock.

>people

Flash was never (ever) physically threatening. Rendering him more obviously as cool kid dick is in keeping entirely with his character. Flash was always just a cool kid; he never threatened Pete physically.

>The problem isnt diversity, the problem is they dont resemble or act like the characters they're supposed to be at all.

Excellent point. You can't just write a typical Hollywood script and plug Spider-Man names into it. That's basically what they do. They seem to only use the former movies as source material as well.

Flash was the typical bully and had the build to back it up. Luckily by this time Peter got bit.

Attached: photo-5.jpg (2048x1039, 800K)

They added a cute blonde girl didn't they?

Would you have as large of a problem if they had swapped all of spidey's cast with OCs?

I’m more upset he is Iron Man 2.0.

They even played ACDC and revealed his secret identity!

>>Would you have as large of a problem if they had swapped all of spidey's cast with OCs?
Depends on if they're shit or not.

The MCU supporting cast is extremely flat and cookie cutter shit with nothing to them.

>In name only adaptations of characters are good because /pol/ hates them
Imagine pretending to like things that you know are bad just to make le ebul rayciss angry.

>stormnigger larping as non-white as fuck
ftfy

Yes, because "SJW shit" like Black Panther and Captain Marvel didn't make a fucking billion dollars each.

Get Woke Go Broke is objectively false. Go cuddle your guns and cry.

Based overall.

The following opinion is based on homecoming, I haven't seen far from home.

Mary Jane is supposed to be a vacuous human blow up doll, so anything is better than that. Even "Literally just Lois Lane" from the ps4 game was better than that.

Flash seems like the sort of kid that would be popular in that kind of school so he makes sense and there's no reason he has to be a beefinator if we're not doing Agent Venom.

I would have liked a Gwen Stacy and a Harry Osborne, but I get wanting to steer clear of certain other portrayals, so that's fine. Also, I don't mind Aunt May being hot but I wish people would stop commenting on it.

Also, I would like a Felicia Hardy soon pretty please.

>Get Woke Go Broke is objectively false

Not when there are literal objective examples. Problem is those aren't packed by huge companies and literal government propoganda initiatives. Marvel's SJW comics don't sell well either. The demand isn't there, the supply is just inflated and forced.

>literal government propoganda initiatives

Source?
Taking a stance is propaganda?

>Comparing comics to movies
>Supply and forced

You think people are just being held at gunpoint to see the new spiderman

Most people don't honestly give a shit if there's minorities in a spiderman movie, sorry to burst your bubble.

For "get woke go broke" to make sense, it would have to happen every time, or at least almost every time. In addition to being woke, all female Ghostbusters was a bad film and also marketed very poorly. Adding woke stuff doesn't mean you automatically succeed. You still have to make a good fucking movie.

>Marvel's SJW comics don't sell well either.

Brown Miss Marvel's doing quite well. Considering that comics as a medium are in trouble overall, you can't expect million seller books like in the 90s.

>literal government propoganda initiatives

From what government? The one trying to build a wall to keep out all the scary brown people?

I don't understand why insecure white boys what the illusion of a forced whiteness that does not exist in the reality of any urban center in this country. Diversity isn't forced, it's a reflection of actual demographics. Your tiny suburb town is not the same as NYC. This isn't a friends episode where we get to pretend only white people live in cities. Get the fuck over it, snowflakes.

>Your tiny suburb town is not the same as NYC

I live in fucking Louisiana where we have more black people than fucking NYC. You liberals need to stop stereotyping everyone and thinking they don't like certain groups out of ignorance of some rare unicorn minority not the fact they're literally smothered to death by them all over the country all the time.

>Flash was never (ever) physically threatening.
the fuck?

You're turning this into a completely different topic. I'm saying that diversity in NYC isn't forced, taking minorities out of a NYC setting is forced to create some weird whitewashed utopia that doesn't exist. I don't give a shit about your FEELINGS on the matter.

Okay... so if your high school is full of brown people then why would you want Spider-Man, which is ostensibly supposed to be the relatable superhero with the every day guy problems, to go to a school where everybody's white?

Trump 2020 can't come soon enough.

>The typical football ace school bully isnt physically threatening
>It is logical to change him into a retarded fat Muhamad

Attached: retard.jpg (478x424, 79K)

physical bullies aren't really a thing anymore for zoomers since there are strict anti-bullying measures in schools

nu-Flash is more in line with what they deal with, sad as it may be. Verbal taunting and trolling is more "modern". Technology has changed things dramatically.

>MCU Flash
>Muhamad
I have to ask if you're white. I'm beginning to wonder if white people are actually race blind and just project whatever ethnicity they think a minority has.

And live streaming and social media followings make kids more popular than being a football player in high school. I get what they were going for trying to modernize Peter's story and cast to reflect high school dynamics today. The only people complaining are just stuck in the wrong decade.

>random highschool jock can physically intimidate fucking Spider Man
???

Disney flipped the script and instead of backing down they realized that they had an equally loud and vocal group defending them whenever they chose to be more progressive, so they doubled down on all their efforts to be more "woke" and "inclusive" since that generates more brownie points with the younger, liberal crowd. Disney knows at this point that people will throw money and sing its praises for including more diverse casts in its movies and shows, and if anyone tries to shit on them for it their nice big group of loyal drones will dismiss all criticism as coming from racist, sexist, alt-right incels, regardless of what beliefs their critics might hold.

>>people complain about diversity in Homecoming
only basement-dwelling /pol/ incels did. and never publicly. only on echo chambers from the comfort of their computers

I can agree with this, I did love based mysterio.

>Mary Jane is supposed to be a vacuous human blow up doll

Attached: Amazing Spider-Man Parallel Lives-10.jpg (975x1262, 501K)

>so anything is better than that

Attached: Amazing Spider-Man Parallel Lives-11.jpg (967x1266, 496K)

>Even "Literally just Lois Lane" from the ps4 game was better than that

Attached: Amazing Spider-Man Parallel Lives-12.jpg (978x1266, 501K)

To be fair, fuck /pol/ desu

based and hilarious

similar to how movie MJ pretends to be a snarky alt-chick so she doesn't have to risk mentally investing in anyone? i guess the character is more like the comics than i thought.

The truth is, nobody really cares about the opinions of nerds online complaining about diversity in muh comics movies.
What actually should be changed is Flash being more more built and Zendaya having dyed red hair and light freckle make up, but too many idiots are being loud about race changes so any legitimate annoyances are drowned out by the nerd brigade complaining about race.

>the girls are the ones putting her down
>watching tv was considered a good excuse for a hot girl to avoid engagements
I like the contrast between the thing that's stayed the same and what's changed

Yeah, being discount Daria would sure win you all the love and attention you were deprived at home unlike working your way into being popular and independent. Such a comic accurate motivation!

being discount daria actually does win you a lot of love and attention.
t. former discount daria

I saw only Homecoming. I am a foreigner, they are all very stereotypical American teenagers, to the point they posed as the kids from Breakfest Club.

This year, 10.5 percent of admissions offers for specialized high schools that require an entry exam went to black and Hispanic students

Good NYC has strong Asian majority, substantiol white minority and small minority if others.

chalkbeat.org/posts/ny/2019/03/18/as-admissions-controversy-roils-data-shows-new-york-citys-specialized-high-schools-continue-to-accept-few-black-and-hispanic-students/

The lead is a white male. Read between the lines.

literally no one but neck-bearded basement-dwelling incels from /pol/ care. and they only "care" by circle-jerking each other on a Brunei textile weaving forum. please go have some sex. prostitutes are pretty cheap. there is really no excuse.

>Go cuddle your guns and cry.

This, desu.

>Homecoming
>Flash looks kind of weedy and short
>I can deal
>Flash is a Quiz Boi
>...alright, fine. Maybe they're pushing for this to be a more a more nerdy school. It wouldn't make sense for Parker to go to a normal ass highschool if he's getting funded by daddy Tony
>Flash pushed a trophy out of the elevator before rescuing the other students

I excused a lot of things about the changes they made, but I couldn't excuse that. As much as a dick hole Flash as always been, he wouldn't let people die.

>caring about the race ratio in the movies you watch
>being a viral marketing tool
That's a cringe from me, dog

Attached: 1483842444096.png (1280x720, 637K)

Michelle is TDKRises Robin part 2

>Get Woke Go Broke is objectively false
The thing is though that MCU movies, even with their amazing diversity, are still competent at worst. They don't let wokeness bullcrap interfere with trying to tell fun stories unlike Star Wars, and look where wokeness got that franchise. An empty theme park only weeks after opening, merchandise that doesn't sell and movies that flop. Let that sink in: people got fucking sick of Star Wars with Disney at the helm for only a few years after fucking decades of being a incredibly well-selling brand.

Lol what people? A few hundred brain dead retards on /pol/, the_donald and MAGATwitter vs the millions that saw the film and loved it? Gain self awareness, your shitty opinions are an outlier and you will never be taken seriously.

Attached: 453276.jpg (500x322, 30K)

I'm okay with race swapping if it's for a tertiary character like Liz Allen. Not for a main or secondary like Flash and MJ, nor if it doesn't make sense, like non-white Asgaardians. I'm not a militant crybaby who screeches the N-word over it, I just think it's silly.

ALso, MJ should always be a beautiful white woman with radiant red hair. In this movie, they just make MJ some average looking Mulatto chick, and I love black ladies.

Can somewhat agree with this. Interesting perspective.

The idian flash is fat and greasy, manlet. How is he the cool guy when Peter mogs the shit out of him by just standing next to him? Having rich parents isn't enough to make you cool

FFH is on track to make a bil. Diversity sells.

>Ned is just Ganke, i legitimately dont understand what the fucking purpose of that is.
So Bendis doesn’t get any royalties from the character (at least until that Spider-verse sequel comes out)

part of that issue though comes down to 40 year old writers trying to write Gen Z characters by just mashing together a bunch of woke twitter memes and thinking it constitutes a personality.

So you want Comics and Cartoons to be white because you see too many non-whites in real life?

The people complaining about the diversity? Cringe.

In that post I was saying we see enough minorities in daily reality, people pretend that's not the case in America. That's what that other faggot was saying.

you are dumb and your opinions are bad

>flash
>indian
spotted the racist.