Hello Gerald. Could mother not make it?

Hello Gerald. Could mother not make it?

What did they mean by this?

Attached: F68CCB86-CB74-40E9-B144-440F32F7EEF6.jpg (639x480, 28K)

Just a reason for why he's a cunt to everyone, his parents don't care about him

I guess it was to make him sympathetic, but it was so abrupt and awkward that it just seemed like a joke

I question if this was a throwaway plot element or they're actually planning to go somewhere with it.

Also that he's a rich kid trying way too hard to be cool.

So what's gonna happened to him after he found out about SM is Peter?

This is the MCU, it was both
Like the destructuion of Asgard, my one gripe with this films is their great need to turn everything into a quip

He's gonna turn into "FOS" as well, his love of Spidey outgrows his disdain of Parker

>Flash's family, Dad, Mom and Sister all stayed, only Flash was snapped
>his family moved on
>Flash came back
>his family is indifferent to him
>Flash finds out that Peter is Spider-man
>Spider-man 3
>Flash aids Peter in his fight with main villain
>saves Spider-man but is crippled in the process

Chekhov’s gun. I was expecting for Peter to give him a ride or something. Seemed unnecessary to include that line

hes gonna use his parents money to protect his friends because its fucking obvious that if the villains cant find spidey and may then the next best thing to target is his friends

>Gerald
Thought his name was Eugene.

It'd be neat to see the opposite, him continuing to be a dick to Peter regardless (albeit less of one)

Flash was bullied way too much in this movie. The worst thing he did was calling Peter a dickwad.
That punch in the balls was so unearned.

Eugene doesn't sound indian enough

Does he look like the kind of Flash that can actually bully others?

Attached: Amazing_Spiderman_Flash_Thompson_Chris_Zylka_600x305.jpg (600x305, 134K)

did this movie even address any of the implications of half the population just yeeting out of existence for five years

It actually made the joke that one guy's wife just left him and pretended to be snapped.

Yeah in the beginning it showed the effects, like a student saying how his little brother is now older than him

but he's not even witty or bullies other through words and charisma
he's just a loser kid kinda bothering a classmate with weak-ass insults and the universe goes full bully on him.

Not really, just some commentary on younger people being older than them and such. It doesn't talk about the economics or something like that, because it doesn't matter.

>Flash is the average user

>30 years old in highschool

Best Flash

When Peter had the glasses on in the bus scene, you could see Flash was texting his mom "I haven't heard from you in days."

Yup, there a bunch of other texts shown in the glasses, but it went by too fast for me to see them all. The paranoid teacher was googling witches.

This and the text on the bus scene made me so sad for Flash

it was so random that it just seemed kinda unnecessary
flash is not mean he is a joke

My thought is a setup for him becoming a villain Venom

They'll reveal that his last name is Oscorp

Wait, THAT was flash?
Yo I thought that was just some random Indian guy the whole movie.
I mean it's the same person who play zero mustafa in grand budapest, right? Isn't he supposed to be old? What in the flying fuck?

Aunt May and Peter lost their home because they were both snapped and May works in a charity to help people in such situations.

He got held back a few grades

Attached: giphy (1).gif (480x360, 718K)

In the scene when Peter tries on the glasses, you can read Flash's text. It mentions how they haven't messaged him at all during the trip.

I like this

fuck man I feel for Flash
>Parents don't give a shit about him, even though he clearly tries to please them
>they care so little that they don't even message him in the aftermath of multiple traumatic events
>lack of parental attention/approval leads to him acting out for attention, doing things like vlogging and bullying other students
>boasts his wealth and social media fame to project to others that he has worth
>is in the same whiz-kid club as Peter and the others, but no one acknowledges his hard work because of his blowhard tendencies

>Class gets attacked 3 times on a trip
>No contact from family
>They send the butler to pick him up

Attached: 1362116420201.jpg (411x354, 28K)

Idk, in Amazing Spider-Man flash became a friend of Peter, maybe they are trying to make him look sympathetic with the scene in OP and the confession

I still don't understand how anyone could actually be bullied by him.

building up to Flash becoming Night Monkey

Neither does Gerald.

He's not a bully. Just a bit of a prick.

The existential horror of coming back to life after 5 years to find your parents didn't really miss you and already moved on.

hate this casting for flash desu, not because he's indian or whatever he's just ugly and I can't imagine him becoming Venom when he's older

>Agent Venom Debut
>"Look, It's Night Monkey!"

Am i the only one who wanted Ralph Fiennes to show up and interact with flash in some way after the first movie.

Attached: April_GrandBudapest_700x400.jpg (700x400, 203K)

He will vehemently deny that Peter is Spider-Man.

They should have used the snap to drop him and get a new Flash.

not all bullies are handsome, fit chad thundercocks. bullies can be unpopular kids too, just ones who pick on kids who are lower on the foodchain.

anyone else bothered that this is Peter parker's bully? The kid is a total mallet, the actor himself does a great job and it works because Peter is pretty beta around his peers, but seriously Flash should be a total chad

>that feel when you were the lowest on the food chain

And that's how super-villains are made.

>completely butcher Flash in Homecoming
>have to introduce Brad to take Flash's place as Peter's bully

idiots.

I was going to say he was already in the MCU as Maleketh but then I realized I always get him mixed up with Christopher Eccleston

>Some families had completely moved on.
>People moved into Blipped people's homes and hundreds, potentially thousands of people are now homeless.
>The schools made Blipped students completely restart the school year.
>Some families are completely different, with younger siblings now being older siblings in some cases, some probably died in the 5 year period.
>Some people used The Blip to get away from families completely (The Teacher)
It's addressed, and then immediately made fun of. And given I see Far Fom Home as a pallet cleanser for all the sad and dark things that happened in Endgame, that feels fine to me.

I don't recall Flash ever really being a complete bully. Flash was really someone who got on Peter's nerves, while Peter got on Flash's nerves.
The only real difference is that Flash was popular, while Peter was not, which was about the one advantage Eugene had over him.

What if Flash helps out Peter next movie dresses like spider Man, and Peter Don's night monkey to throw off the confusion. Then in the movie ending Flash takes on night monkey mantle