What are the Sandmans and Swamp Things and From Hells of our time?

What are the Sandmans and Swamp Things and From Hells of our time?

Attached: 1552910586798.jpg (1000x803, 137K)

Black Hammer

Can't think of anything.
No.

Very little is allowed to go on for that long. Even great books like All-Star Superman usually cap out at 12 issues these days.

Nothing. Comics is dead and so.y movies have taken over

Those are from our time though. What are you talking about? Sandman and From Hell were out during the 90s.

Attached: 11100000.jpg (385x500, 43K)

I enjoyed Blast but I don't think it's quite at the level of the comics OP mentioned.

What are the great comics of the 10's? Either long running monthlies ala Sandman or great graphic novels ala From Hell.

What is a must-read 10's comic?

What about the 00's? I can't think of anything for that decade either.

Habibi, but im pretty sure that was 00s

Astro City, since that is still running technically.

Dial H from the 00s.

A lot of people seem to believe that the recent Mister Miracle run is on par with what you mentioned but they are dead fucking wrong.

Superior Foes of Spider-Man

League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

Just like my Japanese animes

They don't exist.

mighty morphin power rangers

Blacksad

All Star super an and Morrison’s Batman

Black Monday Murders

>Dial H
>Superior Foes of Spider-Man
>Blacksad
>All Star super an and Morrison’s Batman
>Black Monday Murders
Not quite.

Yeah, that age is over.
You should really try to look at alternative comics if you want to find something worthwhile, but there's a high chance it wouldn't be on par with Moore or Gaiman's work either.

Saga technically and walking dead, not great but influential enough.

Scalped, dmz had big runs too.

Asterios Polyp

Sabrina by Nick Drnaso was really good

I'm not saying you're wrong since I haven't read it. I've heard quite a lot of praise for it. Is not really as good as Sandman?

probably trondheim/kerascoet stuff

Also, Daytripper, Essex County,

Sandman Overture
Stray Bullets Sunshine and Roses

Immortal Hulk is the Saga of the Swamp Thing of our time.

It’s a really good read. Hard to compare it to compare it to Sandman because they’re completely different types of comics. The art style is very simple and has a more cartoon aesthetic but the writer/artist does such a good job of visual storytelling. The plot itself is very interesting and feels relevant to what’s happening with today where it can be hard to filter the truth from bullshit. I’d recommend checking it out

The most recent run that I would call 'Swamp Thing' quality is Kieron Gillen's Journey into Mystery.

Agents of Asgard is good too, but not quite as good as Gillen's run.

Also I loved Spurrier's X-Men: Legacy run. But I wouldn't recommend it, exactly.

Secret Wars/ Time Runs Out/ Everything Ends tried its best, but threw too many balls into the air to really be a classic.

Locke and key is fantastic even though it seems to have been forgotten

Providence by alan moore is great as well

Luther strode, even though the story is rather basic has some of the best art/composition i have seen in years.

But more than anything i would argue webcomics are the new genre defining works of '10

Saying that, Hickman's FF run is some of the best shit I've read in the last decade.

Hawkman
Supersons
Immortal Hulk
Cates' Venom

one of the best comics i've seen in a long time
love how they know how to play with the art styles

the flinstones comic

Attached: jNZh6PS[1].png (800x467, 736K)

Ackhually From Hell was a 16-issue limited series, not a graphic novel.

Try reading more comics in the last decade then, casual.

ice cream man?

Loser.

Mister Miracle
Heroes In Crisis
Doomsday Clock

I can buy that.

And as far as weird, cool, groundbreaking stuff in the Moore/Gaiman/Vertigo mold goes, I think Saga is a pretty good modern equivalent.

Saga is not groundbreaking on any level nor does it carry any influence like the Vertigo books did.

*shurg* Different strokes. It's just the first thing that came to my mind in response to the OP's question. There's very little like it out there right now.

>Saga technically and walking dead
>Scalped, dmz
>trondheim/kerascoet
>Essex County
>Locke and key
>Luther strode
>Hickman's FF run
>Hawkman
>Supersons
>Immortal Hulk
>Cates' Venom
>Mister Miracle
>Heroes In Crisis
>Doomsday Clock
>Saga
Not even close. Enjoyable in their own right, but nowhere near as good.
>Asterios Polyp
This is a satisfying answer, though I still don't think it's quite at the level of the comics in the OP.
>Sabrina
I'll check this out.

Daytripper was kind of a let down after being hyped up so much. It isnt that great and I think gets too many extra points for its suicide gimmick.

>suicide gimmick
You missed the entire point of the book, got it.

These don't count. They are part of 90s series.

I liked the Flintstones comic but it relied too much on the shock value of random "deep" moments juxtaposed with traditionally silly moments you'd find in the original cartoon.

Attached: obvious bait.jpg (663x296, 140K)

> Sabrina

Attached: award winning comic.jpg (750x944, 153K)

it will inevitably be adapted for netflix though. it's that kind of bait series.

Ice Cream Man is the Sandman/Swamp Thing of our generation

Anybody else reading it? It’s great

Attached: 1068DBF1-80E8-46AB-B853-24A9172C1146.jpg (585x900, 287K)

90’s was nearly 30 years ago

Immortal Hulk

This.

Attached: Immortal-Hulk-16-Marvel-Comics-Alex-Ross-Cover.jpg (630x960, 586K)

Cool meme, bro.

>Vision
>Blacksad
>Infidel
>Beautiful Darkness/Beauty/Satania
>all of Lemire's drawn comics, Secret Path and Roughneck will probably come out on top
going out on a limb but
>Immortal Hulk
>Flintstones

Attached: infidel-1-of-5_7966d0ccdb.jpg (585x900, 258K)

I think we should wait another decade before we answer OP's question. Listing comics that are popular right now is always a mistake.

very true, I think Mister Miracle will age badly, but I still think Vision will stand the test of time. that said, in Canada Lemire is already talked about in the same breath as Margarette Atwood, his legacy is staying

We'd have to wait a while to know, since those ended up becoming even more popular over time.
Immortal Hulk is shaping up to eventually become a classic, but you'll never know until later.

what is bait?

Indeed, yours is a pretty low quality bait, but since you begged for it, here is your sweet (You), slave.

You said something he didn't liked therefore it is bait.

>literally leaves the thread like a whiny faggot
my sides.

Lol. If you were the arbiter of all things comics, why are you asking our opinion in the first place? Just tell us what these wonderful comics from this decade are, oh master.

Vision was not as good as people say. Lemire is pretty good but not quite there.
That's what I'm trying to find out, you fuck. I enjoyed most of those comics, but they aren't on the same tier as Sandman or From Hell. I haven't read everything, so I'm open to suggestions.

honestly From Hell isn't held up as much as other Moore comics as far as mass appeal. And I would disagree about Lemire, have you read Roughneck or Underwater Welder?

Well based on what I’ve seen on this thread nothing is going to satisfy you and you just seem like a real asshole so fuck off and go find your own comics

>its good because I said so, you just didnt get it

Ending each chapter with an imagined suicide was a really shallow way to get his point across.

Dude, Daytripper is just babby’s first melancholy slice of life comic.

A Contract With God and Love and Rockets explore similar themes and ideas and are both way way better.

>mass appeal
It is known well enough to be considered a great comic, and some consider it his greatest (myself included).
I have read Essex County, Underwater Welder, some Animal Man, and bit of Black Hammer. He is definitely very good, but he hasn't yet written a masterwork.
I agreed with Asterios Polyp for the 00's, but the clear answer so far is that there is nothing this decade. There are too few suggestions, and some of them are repeats.

try Roughneck, I think it's his best

Alright, I'll give it a read.

What's so good about Immortal Hulk?

I consider From Hell to be among Moore's best work, unlike V which reads like Chapo Trap House podcast.

Plus the colored edition is fantastic.

Not at Marvel and DC because creators know what shitty deals they have. Plus DC and Marvel just want fodder for movies and tv shows. Maybe they want someone to write them a big shiny summer crossover event. They don't give a shit about creating actual good content to stand the test of time. They want some flash in the pan shock value story that kills off some superhero to drive up sales for a month or two. Maybe Marvel will hire someone to write a transgender Muslim in a wheelchair remake of She-Hulk. Hell. DC doesn't even have Veritgo anymore. Not that Vertigo was anything after Berger left. She's the head editor that made that imprint what it was anyway. Now she's over at Dark Horse.

Attached: Identity_Crisis_1A.jpg (400x628, 68K)

This is far and away most reddit thread I have ever seen on Yea Forums

is that all you got from this comic?

Falls apart hard after volume 2.

What's reddit about it?

That's the Eighth Doctor and the Ninth Doctor until the BBC excommunicated him in favor of the new TV version.

Fuck no, it's barely above average. It's a twilight ripoff where most of the stories are forgettable and the overarching story if you want to call it that is just nonsense. The art is fucking awful too.

I think V works despite Moore's political masturbation, even when he's writing what is basically his anarchist manifesto the characters and scenes are still pretty compelling.

>Providence by alan moore is great
Hardly qualifies as a graphic novel.

It's not even in the top 5 published by Marvel this decade.

Immortal Hulk is capeshit+pretentious quotes+muh continuity, which is appealing to modern day capeshitters.

OP asked for best comic books on par with Sandman and the other user suggested Providence. Nobody said anything about graphic novels you retard

This. The whole series is carried by two things: Alex Ross' misleading cover art and zoomers thinking that a smiling Hulk is scary. Can't wait for the series to get cancelled when the gimmicks wear off.

Was this your final post on Yea Forums?

This is a horrible thread.

Why?

Immortal Hulk yes, for sure. But Cates' Venom? Definitely not.

And by then, there won't be any Savage Dragon to save us, correct?

Enjoy your book.

go eat a hulk dick

What would the actual top 5 be?

X-Men Legacy by Spurrier?

Stop being a shill.

Punisher Platoon
Vision
Fury My war gone By
Superior Foes
Remender's X-force
X-men Legacy
Journey into Mystery
Hickman's Fantastic Four

>only Marvel
obvious marveldrone is obvious

>It's not even in the top 5 published by marvel this decade
>only lists marvel stuff

Attached: 1551561354681.jpg (310x440, 132K)

>great comics of the 10's
Unironically Endtown. 10 fucking years.

Attached: 51f.png (680x950, 1.15M)

bump

Attached: 1514080709956.jpg (971x565, 141K)

I'd also add Hickman's Avengers, Gwenpool, Blackbolt, Ant man. All better than Hulk punching some bad guy every month.

That's a lie and you fucking know it.

This was a mcuck thread all along, user.

I mean, I like Marvel and all that, but jesus fuck how could anyone claim Gwenpool is better than Immortal Hulk? Waifuism at its best.

Probably people naming comics he doesn't like because he is to dumb and got butthurt about it.

>seething

my sides.

There's still hope for you.
You, however, are dead.

Gwenpool is an actually good and creative comic than Hulk smiling, growing an extra head and punching some weirdos.

Extremely low effort bait.

Spamming all day and having Marvel living in your head rent free is clearly a symptom of brain cancer. You should get that checked out, or not. Having less retards like you only make the earth more clean. You, and your worthless relatives alike.

>It is bait because I cannot refute it.

No one will mention Batman anyways faggot, you can stop being butthurt and kys.

Lol these are the people who think Immortal Hulk is the next Swamp Thing.

Yeah man, you're right, the cutesy fourth-wall-breaker and isekai simulator is better than continuity-beast with body horror and gnosticism, quasi-hypercrisis Hulk. My bad.

Immortal Hulk.

>Continuity-beast
Imagine thinking a comic is good because Ewing read his picture books. Is it better than Sandman because Gaiman wasted his time taking influences from other mediums and didn't even read all of Kirby's Sandman?
This is why capeshit has become so terrible and schlock like Immortal Cuck gets praised.

>Imagine thinking a comic is good because Ewing read his picture books.
You're right Cates, following continuity is a burden and should be avoided at all costs if you want to tell a "good" story, correct?

>Cates
>Batman
>People who read some dumb monster book are too stupid to argue and will bring in something unrelated.
Who'd have thought?

>Fights a non-argument with another non-argument
It's only fair.

You don't /actually/ like Immortal Hulk, do you? Are you fucking 14 years old?

t. Cosmic Reddit Rider fan

Attached: gotg_1-cates.jpg (1000x1567, 138K)

They're about the same quality, coincidentally published by the same company. I wonder if there's a connection here?

>They're about the same quality
Yikes. DCfags truly getting desperate.

DC sucks too. What's your next non-starter?

IH has become yet another meme in this board. Expect any recommendation thread to have posts about that book being better than Watchmen and such.

>child runs out of arguments when it becomes apparent that adults don't like the thing he likes for reasons other than branding

This is the exact reason Immortal Hulk sucks; you are the audience for it and you're a manchild who thinks Hulk punching things and looking scary is cool or deep.

Keep calm and kill Yea Forumsirgins

Nah it won't get to that. Only retards like Cates tried really hard to push that meme when the Venom book was barely "good" and selling well, but it never took off (and it won't now that he's a proven hack).

Marvirgins are already killing each other in MCU threads.

So you missed the entire point of the book.
Got it.

The only thing that made Visions a decent book was the fact that Tom was writing robots, so their choices didn't felt so off-putting.
No one would act like Viv and Vin, even if only out of curiosity like the book imply.
Vision is written out of character for no reason in-continuity, he became a cold android where his whole character is being a machine that is more human than most people.
Same goes with Vic who had no reason to betray Vision, last time they were together they left in good terms and Vic really respected Vision, he would have at least tipped him on what was going on.

So to sum it out: King is honestly a good fit for DC where the continuity was never important to begin with, too bad he can't write a human character with human emotion for shit.

He was pretty blatant about it being a joke, tbqh.

The only meme you are trying to push is it being a meme, the fact that the replies of this thread keep decrising really speak volumes on how much non stop spamming you are doing.
You should honestly read IH, get something good for once. You know, instead of being asshurt about it outselling Dumbman.

Are batfags so triggered by Hulk smiling because they are too used to Bruce being a truce autist? Truly the most autistic fanbase, fitting of the character.

That didn't stop him from making his own cult of idiots.

Attached: IMG_20190319_121833.jpg (828x1413, 167K)

The answer wouldn't be anything by the big 2. Move on.

Sandman and Swamp Thing are DC, though.

Batman: White Knight

Just wait until the next sales report, their butthurt will be glorious.

New DC is nowhere near the same level of quality, though.

Cates is a qt

He kind of is, yes. And that pic doesn't even gives him much justice. A very rare example of writer who doesn't look like a goblin.

Wii gives a fuck, he's still a massive hack. Go join his cult if you like him so much.

>his cult
Wrong writer.
Also, why are you so mad?
You are talking about a t-shirt and we were just talking about his look. You really sound like someone who took on a personal level something he did or said. That's kind of sad.

>Wrong writer.
What do you think the Devil's Advocates is about, moron? Dumbasses so worship every turd he writes, nothing else.
>You really sound like someone who took on a personal level something he did or said
No, just tired of him shitting on the things I like and having imbeciles telling me he's great when there's way better writers unable to work on the stuff he's hoarding simply because he wants to force everything to fit into his Knull bullshit. Fuck that.