Out of curiosity, is there anyone else that just CAN'T STAND this show?

Out of curiosity, is there anyone else that just CAN'T STAND this show?

The character designs, the voices, the dialogue, the characters' personalities, every aspect of the show is like fingernails on a chalkboard for me. I wanted to be open to a new take, but...

Just curious if I'm the only one.

Attached: rise.jpg (3000x3000, 697K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tmntentity.blogspot.com/2018/02/was-april-oneil-originally-black-in.html?m=1
youtu.be/VgEJed3-4zE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I do

It was a common reaction initially. I think maybe people who don't like it just stay out of the threads now.

The teeth provoke a fight or flight response every time I see them.

same here

It's a little too "zany" tonally for me, focused a little too much on humor, and in static images I'm maybe not crazy about the designs, but the show looks so cool in motion my complaints tend to shift to the back of my mind while I'm actually watching it.

The teeth are the worst part for me. Those expressions are just... I want to murder them. I want to scream "STOP IT" until their heads explode.

I think all of them look dumb except for Purple. I want to fuck him.

I fucking love the show but it's the first TMNT show I'm watching since the 80's one in my childhood

I absolutely despise this interpretation of the Turtles.
For the sake of the anons who do like it though, I stay away from threads about it. No reason to ruin their fun.

That's bad and you should feel bad.

I don't hate it but those things you mentioned did turn me off to it. Too bad, the animation was good.

i cant really get into it.
there are times where i have to watch the same episode twice because how off the walls it is and its making me scatterbrained.

I hate blackwashing.

>show that's pretty much anti calarts, no bean mouths, noodle arms etc
>Yea Forums hates it
what the fuck do you people want

Cute girls doing cute things the cartoon

Character designs can still be unappealing for reasons other than CalArts, brainlet.

Would you watch a calarts Touhou cartoon?

Remember the backlash to Thundercats Roar?

Well people focused on the "Calarts" part of the criticism, but that wasn't the only thing people disliked. And Rise has all the other things people hated about the bit of Roar that we saw.

Honestly the only tmnt series I've ever paid attention to and liked was the early 2000s one. Wonder if it holds up?

The animation can be good but if you're just gonna fuck up the characters then what's the point?
It's not a matter of CalArts or SJW or whatever might be the worst problem a show has. It's a matter of balance. If it doesn't look like shit but the characters are shit and the writing is shit then we're back to square one.

Yes

I really, really like the animation, but don't care for the writing. If I had cable, I'd keep it on in the background to occasionally look up at the visuals.

It reminds me of motor city.

You’re all gonna love it by the end of season 2, it always happens. Even Rob Paulson and Greg Cipes spoke about this in the 2012 series

Attached: 5E12F124-BA6E-41F1-8BC4-A7559C7417B8.jpg (2000x1000, 203K)

Me watching the first season of 2003: "It has its moments, but has room to grow. I'm optimistic that the staff will get the hang of this!"
Me watching the first season of 2012: "It has its moments, but has room to grow. I'm optimistic that the staff will get the hang of this!"
Me watching the first season of Rise: "Kill it with fire. But spare the animators, it's not their fault."

Literal autism

>Me watching
Fuck off back to your subreddit

>Voice actors told us we're going to like it
Yeah, Cipes told us that Teen Titans Go! would grow on us with time. Much respect to his voicework, but I think he toasted his brain a while back. He could voice a toothpaste commercial and say it made for great television.

>You have to be autistic to hate ugly fucking teeth
Go back to England, Queenfucker.

>Voice actors told us we're going to like it
No man, they said that (in summary) people will hate every future iteration of the turtles because it isn’t like the previous version and the cycle will repeat

A lazy argument then. No Turtles cartoon will ever be bad, and anyone saying they dislike what they see is just turned off because it isn't the previous version. Pfh.

There's the odd design that I like, floating in a garish mess of ugliness, like an edible morsel that found its way into a decomposing stew.

I'm tired of April being a goddamn kid in these new adaptations.

I dunno, her hanging out with literal teenagers (that were mutants. and turtles. and ninjas) felt so awkward in the 2003 series and the Bay movies. Giving the boys an age-bracket peer works well, imho.

I still feel like the 2012 series started off with the most promising interpretations of the boys, April, Splinter, Karai, and Shredder. They were squandered, but still, something to be said for solid groundwork.

I hate it.

The show has virtually no redeeming qualities whatsoever. It may have one decently animated cut per episode, but if the writing and everything else is fundamentally awful then there's no point in actually watching it. Might as well go on Youtube and type "x vs y full fight" and get the same level of enjoyment.

This. God I hate the characterization. Raph is a far cry from his anti-hero role of leo's foil, Mikey isn't a party guy he's an effeminate onions boy, Leo is... not leo, Splinter is a fat couch gremlin. And don't even get me started on april. And them changing Hamato Yoshi into a stupid "lou jitsu" movie star is beyond retarded.

Shit, this can't die fast enough.

No plenty of people hate it because muh black april and muh deviation from the norm

It's kind of nice actually it really filters out the retards

>God I hate the characterization
>Because all the turtles are exaggerated caricatures whose traits have been manipulated for a non serious effect
Where have I seen this before?

Attached: 6C448654-5B65-4B39-BFCB-CF879A633909.jpg (1531x704, 599K)

Before the cartoon they didn't even HAVE personalities to manipulate for non-serious effect. Mirage wasn't big on making the boys distinct from one another, at least initially.

The Mirage comics initially came up with the fundamentals of four almost interchangeable ninja turtles, Splinter, Shredder, April, Casey, and Baxter Stockman. The cartoon came out and introduced a lot of new things, giving the boys more distinct personalities, which the comics took to heart. Mirage (and later Archie) kept that ball rolling, which was picked up by the movie. Fast forward to 2003 and they had distinct personalities for the new show. 2012 kept it going.

Then Rise came along and farted on everything that came before, because making the heroes into retards is funny... I guess?

As much as I wanna believe you. If you read the mini series/solos/or one shots from the Mirage era, you can tell that Michelangelo and Raphael have a different breed compared to the 80s cartoon. 80s Cartoon Mikey wouldn’t come off as a vulnerable character with a child like innocence in comparison . And smug 80s Ralph would wince at impulsive clobberin’ Raph

Attached: F8487382-481F-4479-B25B-3C04544DB43A.jpg (420x640, 38K)

>farted on everything that came before
What? Coming Out Of Our Shells was too intellectual in comparison?

Attached: A94E13F7-52A5-4FAC-95DA-0B68FCD9832D.jpg (500x523, 195K)

I’m glad that all the hate is going to this show. It means nobody’s gonna pay attention to this underrated gem

Attached: 0D77EF94-895B-4525-89E3-0374BD3BC62E.jpg (342x429, 53K)

...I will concede that not everything in the eras prior was worth saving, but I stand by the broad strokes that there was a general trend toward fine-tuning the personalities and conflicts of the main characters, and the newest show doesn't carry that forward.

Huh. Casey Jones is in that? Didn't even know.

Or care. Man, the first Bay movie sucked so hard they could have a nude scene in the third movie and I wouldn't bother checking it out.

TMNT vs batman did the turtles better than out of the shadows, and its by definition of being a crossover almost a taking the piss movie.

wait, are Bebop and Rocksteady friends with april and casey?

It's not even a matter of "not muh", as I don't care about the franchise, nor have I seen much of it outside of 03 and 12. It's just a bad show that I hate seeing get praise just because it poorly apes Japanese style animation like Hiroyuki Imaishi and Yutaka Nakamura and Yoshinori Kanada.

Attached: 20180404_025807.png (311x474, 141K)

i still dont know why they changed raph and mikey's weapons, it seems like such a strange thing to change.

RIGHT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Honestly, I haven't bothered to watch it past the first episode and will probably continue to ignore it unless I hear that the plot really starts picking up.

The action is the only thing the show really has going for it. The tone, animation style, characterization, and plots feel like they would be better suited to a show other than tmnt, and the namesake alone isn't enough to hold my interest.

I know there have always been aliens in TMNT, but this seems like it's taking things too far.

Animation and theme song is great. Everything else is terrible or mediocre.

Also give me back original 80s Raphael and April. My favorite two characters are perpetually butchered.

It kinda just does away with the whole outcasts/secrecy thing that was always a major part of the show. I can't believe I'm defending Fast Forward, but characters like Bishop made it at least feel a little more warranted there.

80's Raph was a butchered version of the actual Raphael.

Comic Raphael? I’m just talking about animated adaptations.

Just post the hot April pics already

>It kinda just does away with the whole outcasts/secrecy thing that was always a major part of the show.

I disagree. If they're hanging out with humans AT ALL then it doesn't matter if the humans are the same age or not, and making them the same age gives room for more "I wish I could be... part of your world..." stuff.

What legitimately does away with the privacy/secrecy shit is the boys getting away with disguises, or (as is the case in the new show) just, like... fucking showing up right on front of crowds of humans and not giving a fuck about being spotted because fuck it, zaniness.

Attached: not michaelangelo.jpg (400x300, 16K)

I like everything but the villains. The villains are all complete shit. When they actually appear. Most episodes generally have them running into random mundane problems and bumbling through them.

the 2012 show was a little weird though. It was its own thing in season 1, but in season 2 it was essentially a knockoff of the 80s show with all the characters and situations of the 80s show coming back.

The one change I did like was all the other mutants being more normal sized. The season 1 mutants were all 10-15 feet tall monsters.

I think it might be the fact that all four of them is the "Wacky zany dumb comedy relief" character. Normally a show only has one or two of them. In this series the whole damn team is the wacky moron guy.

Attached: 38.jpg (820x626, 158K)

Here's your Shredder bro

Attached: RTMNT_Shredder.png (1000x1000, 638K)

It looks to me like its made for the TicToc audience, like how I avoid nuDuckTales for being made for the manchildren of west coast.

I don't know if Rise has these attributes, but I'm avoiding it since the art and whatever little character portrayal I've seen seems like the audience that also likes these:
Children that sound nothing like children. The voice actors are not even attempting to sound different from their talking voices. Nignog and toilet-sounds music starts on the drop of a hat, to make scenes cool or funny, I really don't know. Whenever someone has a different opinion, if they're right, they bully or beat everyone else into submission. Everyone who is wrong, is bullied and beat into submission. Millennial wannabe-punks portrayed as cool and smart people all ways gets on my nerves. American's that think they live in Mexico; characters obsessing over tacos, speaking spanish, focusing on latino American customs and traditions etc.

>like how I avoid nuDuckTales for being made for the manchildren of west coast.

wat

Why the fuck is this show so popular in tumblr?

They made the mistake of making all of them the wacky party lover who rarely takes things seriously, including April. Now I am reminded of all those zoomer revisionists trying to say OG comic April was black because she had a perm, even some comic news sites tried to push it.

In fairness, the 80s cartoon set the stage for that nonsense. Baxter Stockman was BLACK AS FUCK in the comics, and turned WHITE AS FUCK in the show.

So yeah, after finding out that cartoon-makers in the 80s turned one black character white for the show, I can see why a reporter without much desire to do research might go "oh, you say another character was also turned white for the show? Yeah, sounds plausible."

Not excusing the laziness, just saying the jackassery of the 80s cartoon-makers contributed to this mess.

>Baxter Stockman
>comparing literally who in Mirage with one of main characters across any version

Yes (not me though)

O... kay?

Yeah, he was a Literally Who in Mirage, but pretty obviously a recurring character in the cartoon.

2003 rolls around, suddenly he's prominent and black, people go "uh, what?" and fans of the comic go "no, you see, in the comics he was originally black. The folks making the show turned him white. Because they were shitlords."

Skip forward to 2018, April is black in the new show, people go "uh...." and a few dumbasses find pictures of her with the perm from the comic and go "you know how it turned out that they whitewashed Baxter for the old cartoon? That, again, only April!" And, like... you could find weird out-of-context shit from the old comics that would sorta feed into that.

I can see how we got here, and a big chunk of it is that the guys making the 80s show fucked up with Baxter. Throw in dumbasses that love revisionist history and here we are, with people going "oh, April was black in the original comics but turned white for the cartoons and movies? Yeah, that sounds like the sort of shit Hollywood pulled back then." Because it WAS the kind of shit Hollywood pulled back then.

Attached: Nice Tan April.jpg (699x683, 165K)

whats wrong with teeth?

I've seen this page a lot, is it real or an edit?

Real, but from a weird book where random writers could come in and do stories that treated canon like something you can pick and choose from.

That particular story featured a black April for some reason. Previous color stories in the book had her white.

In the reprints she was white to avoid confusion.

Most of the confusion with "black April" over the years probably comes from Eastman's book, where he said he named April after a black woman. People jumped to conclusions and figured if April's named after a black woman, ipso facto the character was modeled on that woman and must be black. Not so.

Attached: April scan.jpg (1327x884, 215K)

this literally never happens, pic related and ROTMNT aren't examples because they were both good in season 1

there is not a single show that gets better in its 2nd season, you literally cannot name 1

Perms were so big in the 80s. She's a white woman with a perm. Fuck these Zoomers who know nothing about the eras these were made in.

Star Trek: The Next Generation.
We try to avoid even TALKING about the first season...

I think that anin might actually be insane, if the rest of his nonsensical rant is any indication.

>Raph is a far cry from his anti-hero role of leo's foil
Raph was an unstable asshole in almost every other incarnation. He wasn't an anti-hero, he existed for literally two things: to start conflicts, and be the damsel when his personality eventually puts him in danger.

>Mikey isn't a party guy he's an effeminate onions boy
Go back to Yea Forums already you buzzword spouting fuck.

The writing is genuinely grating on my nerves. It's like the goal was to create the most obnoxious show ever.

Maybe because it's actually good? It's a sad state of affairs when Tumblr watches cartoons more than Yea Forums.

>Maybe because it's actually good?

No, I'm pretty sure that's not it.

I miss this April

If a cartoon this inoffensive causes you to have a fit, you probably are autistic.

>missing the actual worst incarnation of the character
For what reason?

Attached: 1559364487940.gif (501x335, 12K)

>Hating things for being shitty is only for autists

You haven’t described it as shitty. You just say it makes you angry. The teeth put you in a spergout. “Nails on a chalkboard”. You’re probably on the spectrum bro.

I don't like the format of having a quip in every other line.

That's not Rise

Worst incarnation is the Bay movie one.
That's really not up for debate, zero chemistry with the boys, a retarded plot, and the stuff with Vern was just painful to watch.
Current April is pretty bad, although it's not her fault I suppose, she's just mimicking the screeching bros and not really being given much room to have depth. Just sorta stumbled her way in and stuck around.
80s toon was pretty shallow, but was easy on the eyes.
Comics April was a wildcard, could be great, could be shit. "She's a drawing come to life" my ass.
2003 April wasn't trap-bait and had some good moments mixed in. Too often slid into a weird motherly mode though.
2012 April was someone able to hang out with the guys and produce some good character moments. And bad ones too, sure. And yeah, she had a pleasing design. The Kraang connection was sometimes a good thing, sometimes a bad thing. Took to ninjitsu too easily though. The only way she should've survived two minutes against Karai should've been running like fuck.
80s Movie April was just aces. For a short-story version of April, that's how you do it.

2012 wasn't the worst by a longshot.

>Bojack Horseman
>Avatar
And if we're not only talking about animation
>It's Always Sunny
>Community

Just to name a few

It was bait.

>Out of curiosity, is there anyone else that just CAN'T STAND this show?
>The character designs, the voices, the dialogue, the characters' personalities, every aspect of the show is like fingernails on a chalkboard for me. I wanted to be open to a new take, but...
>Just curious if I'm the only one.

HAHAHAHAHAHA That's my reaction to Flapjack, Chowder, Adventure Time, Steven Universe, Star Vs Cucks, nuPPG, Chris Savino's Dexter's Lab and PPG and of course MLP FIM seasons 2-9.

When it doesn't feel like nails on a chalkboard, it feels like staring at the paint dry and every so often appears a speck of what could have been a good show, like Gravity Falls and Over The Garden Wall.

Attached: 1562303311829.jpg (1378x5981, 3.54M)

maybe you just need to stop watching cartoons for children

Maybe you should stop being Australian.

>MLP FIM
Out

Funny you should mention that, nails on a chalkboard describes my experience with Gravity Falls perfectly. Particularly everything about Mabel and Bill Cipher.

lol xD

Fucking disgusting...

tmntentity.blogspot.com/2018/02/was-april-oneil-originally-black-in.html?m=1

Me
Character design is too dishonest for me

Now that was good

>tumblr likes it
>it's actually good
Mutually exclusive phrases. Tumblr will cling to anything that it's users can turn into fujoshit bait or project mental illness onto.

I don't like the show, but how can character design be "dishonest"?

Attached: 22c.png (212x218, 83K)

Based and redpilled.

I wouldn't mind this show if it weren't for the fact they all act the same personality wise.

Honestly, Donnie is the only one who ALMOST has a separate personality and that's only because he's slightly more sarcastic then the rest of the boys.

The animation's outstanding and while the designs aren't pretty to look at they work with the style which I respect. It's also got good timing for action and comedy (at least in regards to animation).
But everything else is just ok. It's been stated over and over but the characters really are very similar and even kind of have similar line deliveries meaning there's not much humor from character interactions. The plot's just there. It's okay. There's not much else.
I can't hate it but it feels like it wastes some top notch animation.

Still baffled by that. How do you look at a franchise where the four main characters have very distinct and very established personalities, and think "let's toss that and make them all the same dumbass goffball"?

The red guy looks so hot

Can't watch it for long enough to get a feel for the characters. What's nu-April like?

annoying, but she doesn't show up often.

I can tell you haven't watched either show.

2012 April is far from the worst. The worst was Baymovie April, with a big gap between her and the next worst, which was probably the Coming Out Of Their Shells barely-April version. 80's cartoon April's schtick got pretty old by the end, but it's kinda unfair to judge a character solely by what they became because a show wouldn't die... when she was new, she made for a good dynamic because she brought news of strange things going on. When the show kept going, she tended to be more trouble than she was worth.
The 2007 CGI tMNT April was just sorta... there. And inexplicably a super-ninja archaeologist. Pretty lame. Current April is better than that, but not by a whole lot. She's a "realistic" "streetwise" April, with no further depth or character development. 2012 April wasn't anything spectacular, but she wasn't just "fun girl," the stuff with the Kraang meant that she brought plotlines and emotional baggage with her.

>implying Rise's April isn't the worst

"If you step to my friends, for stepping to you, for stepping to me, you gonna have to step to me! M'kay?" - literally the sort of thing she's constantly saying, in the writers' weird attempts to make her tough-hip-funny

>they act the same personality wise
I have no idea how anyone can say that, have you all dropped the show after two episodes?
their personalities are really different from each other but most importantly they are still TEENAGERS

>literally the sort of thing she's constantly saying
Only watched the first episode I see. It was literally meant to be a desperate attempt at sounding tough.

>2012 April wasn't anything spectacular, but she wasn't just "fun girl," the stuff with the Kraang meant that she brought plotlines and emotional baggage with her.
The kraang subplot sucked. It was a desperate attempt to keep her relevant to the show when it led to nowhere in the end. That's the biggest problem with 12 April, they were just constantly throwing shit at her and see what sticks, and none of it did. By the time it's over, she's a fucking mutant alien psychic kunoichi that's somehow crucial to the godawful plot that they had to write around her. Say what you will about the current version or the other ones, but NONE of them reach the actual fanfiction levels 12 reached.

Plus she kissed Donny solely so that she could string him along for the rest of the series just as he was getting over her, that alone would've made her the worst.

>have you all dropped the show after two episodes?
Dropped it after one actually. If it takes more than two episodes for your characters to come across as different from one another, then your characters are shit. Most well written shows can do it in one or two lines of dialogue.

This. 2012 April was a fucking mess. They did this with Karai too, which I don't get. They never had a problem giving Casey an excuse to be part of the group, so why did they have to make up a bunch of bullshit reasons to keep the two girls relevant?

Okay, "constantly" might be pushing it, by I stand by my assessment. They shove "tough girl" dialogue into her mouth so she can say something badass when she shows up and kicks ass. But she doesn't show up that much. Because she's worthless. She's a random normal girl that wandered into their lives and stays with them, every once in a while going "this is weird" while contributing jack and shit to the overall story and not interacting closely enough with any of them for me to give a fuck about her. There's extremely little characterization there.

2012 Casey was a worthless load. I ~liked~ that they had explanations for the two girls. Why the fuck should mutants that have been trained to be warriors since birth be hanging out with some random girl? Her having something that the bad guys want, and that makes her useful, was a good idea. The plotline petered out and wasn't important as the show found its way to the end, but the show lost its way in general so that's hardly surprising. By the end the show was just trudging toward completion.

1980s April (reporter, able to tell the boys about breaking news) > 2003 April (Scientist, useful but with heavy overlap with Donatello) > 2012 April (important DNA, some mental abilities) > 2018 April (literally just a random teenager that's hanging out. Vaguely useful in that she keeps getting fired from jobs, but there's only so many times you can do "my latest boss is ALSO a supervillain!" before it gets old as fuck)

>Why the fuck should mutants that have been trained to be warriors since birth be hanging out with some random girl?
Why the fuck not? They're still teenagers at the end of the day, they want friends to hang out with. They need a human element to show them the world outside the sewers, to prove to them there's more to life than training for a fight that may or may not ever come. The 2012 show did it's damndest to strip that human element from her character entirely, and she was terrible because of it. She was only "important" in extremely superficial ways that never evolved past her being either yet another damsel in distress or goddamn Jean from the X-Men.

12 Casey may have been awful and annoying. Hell, he was arguably even one of the worst parts about the show. But he was still closer to being actually useful than April ever was here.

I prefer this new April because she's trying to be an actual person, her own person, rather than simply being a walking plot device like 12 April was.

Attached: 1555446498014.jpg (825x464, 54K)

The fact that they're teens is a bullshit excuse. I watch the show. I actually had high hopes for this series thinking the characters would get more nuanced as time went on and the plot would introduce some sincerity. Every new episode keeps being disappointing. The writers wank Donnie so he's the most fleshed out of the four, but especially with Raph Mikey and Leo the most significant distinctions between them is still their fucking designs. "Meathead, baby, nerd and clown." It's easy to keep those from constantly overlapping but they're still fucking it up.

Why the fuck not? Because people are trying to kill them every week, and she's an untrained normie with no skills or job that's of use, and they're bringing her along into situations where she can get killed (when they bring her along at all).

I've nothing against the idea of them somehow making friends with a normal person, but she's getting right into the fray, holding her own against people that have superpowers and/or a lifetime of training. And she's a random 16(?) year old with, like... a baseball bat.

I would argue that 2012 April's story went off the rails because the whole show went off the rails, but the setup was solid. Her dad had science skills that made him useful to the bad guys, so she hooked up with the boys and came to rely on them for companionship because her family was GONE and they were the only ones she could really talk to about it, and then she learned that she was deeply tied into what the aliens were doing. She had fun-loving adventurous jokey personality (not unlike Rise's April), was able to bond with the guys over personal shit that it made sense she was talking to them about (not like she could tell her regular friends about her dad getting alien abducted), and eventually brought some abilities useful enough that it made sense to keep her around even after the plot with her dad was resolved.

You're not going to convince me that she was worse than Rise's "we found a human girl, can we keep her?" April.

TMNT has been confirmed to be a multiverse for ages. In any given universe, April can be any race. The previous April was part alien, for instance.

We don’t know how 2018 April met the turtles. She also appears in the show way less than the other Aprils.

I don't think anyone is saying it's necessarily wrong to make April black, just that people claiming she was ORIGINALLY black are talking out of their asses.

Really the only problem with April being black in Rise is that it'll make assholes screech racism if she's not black in every subsequent incarnation, leading to yet another redhead character being wiped out to have a black character.

>just that people claiming she was ORIGINALLY black are talking out of their asses

Oh yeah, absolutely. The original april’s Ethnicity has no bearing on other versions of the character anyway. Especially since her ethnicity had no importance to the story whatsoever.

They kinda fucking needed to explain why Casey was there, he was worse than season 1 Cheetor. All he did was set off traps and throw explosives that never ever ever did what he wanted and usually just got thrown back at the goodguys. I wanted to like the do-it-yourself crimefighter, but fuck, he had the brainpower of a hockey puck. The only reason they didn't sit him down and say "Casey, from now on you're sitting out every fight" is he was so stupid he probably wouldn't have listened.

redhead April wouldn't fit at all into Rise

Anybody could fit into the role she serves in the show. Tho I think all of the angst about her being black and future potential “maybe” stuff is silly.

Next April should be a guy or a mutant just to mix things up.

>but she's getting right into the fray, holding her own against people that have superpowers and/or a lifetime of training. And she's a random 16(?) year old with, like... a baseball bat.
But she isn't. That can only be applicable in the first episode, but even then she didn't really do much. In most other episodes she's strictly trying to get away from their bullshit and only really wants to hang out with them as friends. She only really fights when she has no other choice. Compared to 12 April who was actively trying to hog the damn spotlight at any given opportunity and try to be "one of the boys" only to be an active hindrance 100 percent of the time.

>"we found a human girl, can we keep her?"
You mean the thing that's been a part of every April except for 12, because she sucks that hard as a character?

>The only reason they didn't sit him down and say "Casey, from now on you're sitting out every fight" is he was so stupid he probably wouldn't have listened.
They had an episode where that exact thing happened, it was just as horrible as you'd expect.

Rise's April is barely a character. She could've been a redhead. She could be bald and it wouldn't make a difference.

Not angsting, just being cynical in light of how things have been playing out. There were comic "journalists" spreading the nonsense that comic April was originally black. I don't think it's unreasonable to foresee a future in which there's pressure to keep the character black so as not to offend people that feel she now NEEDS to be black, or else it's racism. It's silly, but it's where we've ended up.

I never liked or cared about April outside of 03 and 12.

I'm guessing you're 30 or below? Not to stereotype, it's just that the April of the 80s made an impression on most people watching the toon/movie.

I watched those too but she was just there. An audience vehicle for the real stars like in Transformers or Godzilla. I was never attracted to her either. I was more interested in Casey and his interactions with the turtles.

April’s ethnicity doesn’t matter to me. Her name strikes me as a typical random name pulled from a hat that we would see in the 80’s. There’s no reason why she has to be one ethnicity or another.

I disagree with the statement that ruse April isn’t a character. She’s certainly a character with her own personality.

Rise has established that April knows the boys, goes to school, has a mom, and has whatever job the current episode needs her to have. There's really not a whole lot going on there.

I'm still not over FRIDGE-Raph being the lunkhead jock leader. What... the... fuck?

They established things about her. She was also with the turtles when they got their magic weapons. As long as she has a name, personality, has something to do with the plot and is treated like an important individual in the story, she is a character.

It's so easy to tell who hasn't watched past the first episode when they describe the characters as "having the same personality"
What does Yea Forums even want from cartoons anymore at this point.

That sounds like a decent background that establishes who she is. Not like 2012 April who was an absolute mess in both backstory and how they placed absolute importance on her.

Didn't say she's not a character. I said she's barely a character. She knows the boys, and was with them when things happened, and has a mom, and goes to school, and tells jokes.

Now look, the show is relatively new, there's plenty of time for them to give us lots more than "she's a girl that's friends with the boys." I'm talking about what we've got right now. She's barely a character. She's a random normal girl that somehow knows the guys and can hold her own against ninjas and superpowered freaks.

Yea Forums just likes to complain about cartoons

The entire point is that he's only the leader in all but name. Leo still calls most of the shots and chances are will replace him later once he realizes he's a poor fit for the role.

But then why was he chosen for the role then?

It's an exaggeration to say they're identical, but there's a lot more overlap than there used to be. Mikey, Don, and Leo are all rapid-fire-wisecrackers. Don's wisecracks are more cynical, Leo's more arrogant, and Mikey's a bit nicer, but a lot of their lines could be swapped around without anyone noticing. Raph's the most distinct, because he's too stupid to even try to be witty. His idea of a clever quip is "I'm gonna smash you!"

y'all keep saying that, but I've seen nothing to make me think the writers are actually going to go the route of having Leo step up and become the actual factual leader, instead of just someone that's constantly going "I coulda done better." Either shit or get off the pot.

Because he's the oldest and took the responsibility since literally no one else wants it and put that role on him, especially Leo. Leo's BETTER at being a leader, but he's still a lazy coward that has to grow into filling that role this time around.

Yeah, me neither. The worst part is that Raph as the leader and Leo as the lance could have totally worked with their previously established characters if the writers really wanted to shake the formula up a little.

Just tweak Leo's straight laced personality into someone who's dedicated to martial arts training, but always runs off and tries to solo opponents due to 'muh honor' reasons rather than working with his brothers as part of a team. Then, have Raph's hot headed tendencies lean more towards being a protective older brother who keeps his siblings in line, but has a rebellious streak when it comes to obeying Splinter.

They really didn't have to give them all the same fucking personality, or change their major character traits to make it work.

See If it takes more than two episodes to establish your characters as distinctive, you're doing something wrong.

That sounds like it could be interesting but I have my doubts they'll deliver that, and the other problems don't make it worth it to stick around for it to maybe happen.

user, it's the most heavy handed thing in the entire show, in a show that's generally pretty heavy handed to begin with. He gave Raph an entire pep talk when his plan for catching the paper ninjas failed. Hell, most of Raphs plans fail in general while any time Leo comes up with something it usually ends up working.

You cannot convince me that you couldn't tell Raph apart from the others from the start. I give the show a firm thumbs down, but Raph is nothing like the others. He's Sonic Boom Knuckles 2.0

All up to personal preference then, feels like the most arbitrary thing to look for specifically when watching something.

Splinter is the LOOK AT HOW THEY MASSACRED MY BOY character for me.

Thing is, I can see how I might be okay with him if I'd never seen any other version of TMNT. But who the fuck hasn't seen any other version of TMNT? The last show was still airing when Rise premiered, even the littlest kids had to know who Splinter was.

>Just tweak Leo's straight laced personality into someone who's dedicated to martial arts training, but always runs off and tries to solo opponents due to 'muh honor' reasons rather than working with his brothers as part of a team.
That was 2012 Leo and the execution for that was less than stellar.

>Then, have Raph's hot headed tendencies lean more towards being a protective older brother who keeps his siblings in line, but has a rebellious streak when it comes to obeying Splinter.
You just described Rise's Raph you doof. Fucking hell, can you people even pretend to know what the fuck you're talking about?

From what I've seen Mikey is not nice at all, kid goes as far as to hurt others personal feelings until someone either calls it out or he realizes what he did. This Mikey feels less "haha" and more "fuck off you're in my way"

how dare the first episode actually focuses on plot

I mean, compared to his brothers. You can make Mikey feel like he crossed a line he shouldn't have. Leo and Donny come off as incapable of that level of compassion. They're all moral clusterfucks though. But what do you expect, looking at who raised them? Taken as a whole this is the most mean-spirited and least kindly incarnation of the brothers.

Ehhhh, if you're going to throw out personalities that have become well-known for decades and replace them with something new, you might want to bump up the priority level of establishing the new personalities.

But the main personality trait of every one of the guys is "will insult you, possibly for no fucking reason" so I guess they thought they'd covered the main thing?

Not that user you replied to, but personally while I was disapointed by their personalities the animation made it up.
I dunno, it was refreshing to see good action scenes from a western cartoon after god knows how long. With stylized animation to boot, and an art style that actually looks fuckin different from everything else.
Felt like someone actually wanted to try something different and they pulled a ballzy move with an old IP.

>You just described Rise's Raph
No, not even close. Nowhere in that did I mention Raph being a tard or incompetent as a leader. Being a hot head doesn't mean being stupid.

>not even close.
But that's exactly how Rise Raph is, just because you never watch passed the first episode doesn't mean it isn't true.

Not who you're talking to, but this is exactly what I've been thinking. This week Donnie literally robbed his brothers, in another episode Leo nearly kills everyone to get his picture on a wall. And this is all supposed to be played off for laughs I assume. But I don't see the humor in being selfish assholes for the hell of it. It works for an edgier show like Invader Zim but not for tmnt.

Oh you can fuck right the hell off. Are you seriously going to use the "mean-spirited" argument when 2012 was way worse in that regard? 12 Raph was a fucking bully and a sociopath that would beat up any of his younger brothers on a moments notice. Mikey was actually brain dead and cared even less about other people's feelings. Donny literally locked away an entire fanboy for eternity because he never even bothered to find a cure for him. And Leo just got shat on by everyone for no real reason despite trying his best to be the leader.

In comparison Rise is easily the nicest Raph we ever got. He treats his brothers like actual brothers and does care about people for the most part. Same goes with Mikey and Donny, there was an entire episode where they couldn't get a crucial piece they need solely because they couldn't bear to take it away from someone being nice to them. The only real sociopath is Leo, and he's rightfully shat on every episode because of it.

>But I don't see the humor in being selfish assholes for the hell of it.
Not that user, but I never found much humor in the turtles treating Mikey as a punching bag in previous versions of the show either, but that's how it was in those versions and I just accepted it. Same here, they're selfish, but they're usually punished in some way for being so in the show anyways so it doesn't really bother me as much.

>TMNT
>not edgy
Ia your only experience with this franchise the 80s cartoon?

There’s been fujo’s in the TMNT fandom forever, way longer than this show existed. One of my earliest experiences in this fandom were girls talking about how badly they wanted to fuck Donnie

Have... have you NOT seen 2003 or 2012? The 2012 series had horror elements and in 2003 Baxter Stockman was literally having his limbs removed. And that was ON 4KIDS

Establishing your characters as having distinct personalities is incredibly basic and shouldn't take more than the first few lines of dialogue, much less the entire first episode. If a show's beginning can't juggle introducing both the plot and the characters, then there's an issue somewhere.

The 80's, 03, and 12 versions were all able to do both competently, so why is it that this show is the only one having issues?

2012 was so fucking bad with that. Mikey canontically had ADHD and his brothers would smack him for no reason when the shit he did was insignificant to everything else.
Splinter was a human so he definitely knew about them shitting on Mikey too for something he had problems with. There werent consequences and if there was it would be forgotten about next episode, so no one would call them out again.

Dude, you did kinda describe rise’s Raph.

He was kinda bullied in 12, but in 03 he went out of his way to provoke his brothers (especially Raph) for shits and giggles and earned the responses he got.

>Being a hot head doesn't mean being stupid.
Tell that to literally any other incarnation of Raph ever. He's always been a moron, the only difference here is that it's played for laughs instead of hindering the entire team.

They all seemed pretty distinctive to me in the first episode.

>She knows the boys, and was with them when things happened, and has a mom, and goes to school, and tells jokes.

That’s more than was established about 2012 April and 80’s April in their respective first seasons.

>Donny literally locked away an entire fanboy for eternity because he never even bothered to find a cure for him.

There was no cure. Donny should've pulled the plug, but you can't fault him for not finding a cure when there was no cure.

Dumbass kid TWICE used mutagen on himself. Can't blame Donnie for trying to do something (we DO see Donnie trying to find a cure) and getting nowhere.

Tommy turned himself into organ soup. That's a hard thing to fix.

Raph was an asshole in 2012, but he was treated as an asshole by the characters and the story. It wasn't Just Boys Being Boys.

It's too much wackiness, wild takes, and spazzing out to hopefully get a laugh. And it needs more mutant waifus. Got a good ratio, just add like 4 more.

user I feel it like rarely matters as much as you're making it up to be since it's just a action cartoon for an old IP, not a new one where you'll have to get concerned over what type of characters they are at first. It's even worse when you have future episodes that help with these concerns anyways but you still ignore them, hyper focused on one episode out of like 20+.

Only if they add a ninja fox. That ONE episode that made me pay attention to the Nick version.

Shes better in the comics. Hope if she shows up again in this one they make her a snow fox, they have more opportunities to show old characters like Casey next season once everything is done being set up in this one.

Attached: Alopex_TMNT_IDW_29.png (1611x1517, 2.77M)

Except Raph in Rise doesn't have a rebellious streak. Rebellion doesn't work without an authority figure to bounce off of. Leo is out of the picture here, so that leaves Splinter, and Splinter isn't an authority figure to the turtles in this universe.

He's also proven to be incapable as a leader in Rise, and what was being described above was a way he could work as actual leader rather than a punchline.

With 80s April we learned what she wanted to do with her life (she wanted to be the bestest reporter in the whole wide world, and was doing a good job of it), and we knew how she met the boys. We knew why she stuck with them (they were a big story, but one she couldn't share, but they led to OTHER big stories), and we knew why the team stuck with her (as a reporter she was snooping around and asking questions, which led to finding out shit that interested them). 2003 we knew what she wanted to do with her life (scientist, she was introduced working for Stockman), and we knew how she met the boys. We knew why they hung out (she'd already been investigating Stockman when she stumbled into the boys' path. Their interests overlapped). 2012 April we learned that she didn't have a mom, and that her dad was a scientist that got kidnapped by aliens to help them. Right in episode 1 we knew how she met the boys, we knew why they were all hanging out from that point on, and we knew a pretty big slice of her personal life.

Rise April is a girl that the boys met at some point. We know she has family because we saw her mom's hair in the background at a scene at her home. She's had generic jobs, but none for long - at most we've learned that she can't hold down a steady job? Or maybe she's just unlucky? There's a lot of fleshing out to do.

Kinda meant the original, but it seems they can't actually use Ninjara, so they had to use Alopex as an expie.

I'd be a lot more receptive to Alopex if they just admitted she's nu-Ninjara and gave some credit where it was due. No way in fucking hell they didn't get any inspiration from the PREVIOUS time a fox-lady ninja showed up and was a good guy, but started off working on the side of bad guys, making her more receptive to shades-of-grey morality. There's just not enough female ninjas or female anthros in the TMNT universe for that to happen twice purely by coincidence.

Rise April also is considered the weirdo at school and pretty much has no human friends and also stans an anchorman

I like it, though the characters took getting used to, and the humor doesn't always land. The animation's a visual treat, and it's given me edit material. Speaking of which, does anyone have a MEGA for the episodes in HD?

Attached: Foot Recruit Edit 1.png (1920x1080, 830K)

>it's just a action cartoon for an old IP
Yeah, an action cartoon for an old IP in which they're changing characters that have been established for more than 30 years and are ingrained in people's minds. If you're going to change their personalities in a big way then you need to take even more time than usual to do it to establish that this is the new status quo, not less.

If someone decided to do a reboot of Scooby Doo and gave everyone the personality of Shaggy except for Daphne who had the personality of Velma, then you can't count on people's past understandings of the characters to fill in the gaps because it doesn't apply anymore.

That kinda says a lot since the other three shows are already done. We barely knew ANYTHING about 2012 April and they stretched out her significance too much considering shes not supposed to be the man attraction. Her story was never completed either since we still dont know all the details about her families past, and they botched it when they went to space for season 4.
We havent even gotten started on the quality of their characters yet either. Background means shit when the execution is God awful.

Be Cool Scooby Doo did that didnt it

I apologize, user, I didn't say in that post: going by JUST what was revealed in their first appearances.

We got the info about 1987 April being a reporter that wanted BIG STORIES in the first episode, where she met the boys and thought they were thieves responsible for a crimewave, but since they'd rescued her she struck a deal with them and said she'd protect their secret if hey helped her track down the real thieves.
We learned about 2003 being a scientist that wanted to be a GREAT scientist, and had curious instincts that led her to investigate her new boss, Dr. Stockman, in her first appearance (episode 2). She met the boys at the end of the episode. First appearance of 2012 April, we met her dad, Kirby O'Neil, and the Kraang kidnapped her and her dad. The turtles freed her, but not her dad. The two-parted ended with the Turtles promising to find her dad and get him back, and her determined to do whatever she could to help. We got the basics of her family life, a motivation for her sticking with the boys, and the story of how they met.

2018 April... there's not much fleshed out, not even how she met the boys. I'll be surprised if we don't find out by the end of the season, but it's been a good bit now and she's mostly a blank slate.

Nah it's cool, I over reacted there after remembering how terrible 2012 April was. You bring up some good points and your analysis is spot on.

Are you retarded? That doesn't have to do with anything. Using your own point, with how dark 2003 could get it would be fitting if the brothers were occasionally bigger jerks to each other but the worst you'd get is Raph jumping Mikey for being a smartass or someone raising their voice. They were a loving family with a dedicated father. Meanwhile the new show wants me to laugh while the brothers try their hardest to make each other miserable.

TMNT cartoons aren't edgy, sorry to break it to you user. Gritty maybe, for the very urban 03 series, or the Batman crossover movie. But not edgy.

But him being incapable of being the leader is one of the few thing this show actually takes seriously. Him being a moron is played for laughs, but he has genuine doubts on his position on the team and him second guessing himself is what gets in his way most of the time.

Yea it's obnoxious from what I've seen. Can't get past how annoying the reactions are too.

I hate the character designs too much to even give it a shot, but I'm curious what the story is. Can anyone give me a basic synopsis? I keep seeing pictures of the boys and monsters just apparently standing out in public with humans not giving a shit, and... that seems weird?

Mostly wacky hijinks, but currently everyone's racing to get the pieces required to bring back the Shredder, since he's much more mystical in nature this time around. Also Baron Draxum, the guy from episode one is responsible for most of the mutants in this show, including Splinter who he experimented on due to being the former Battle Nexus Champion.

You have a very warped definition of edgy if you think Rise fits that category but not 03, 12, or even the Mirage/Image comics.

>Raph
>was always a moron
Just say you hate Raph instead of pulling shit out your ass

And you have piss poor reading comprehension if you think that's what I said. What I said was making brothers be assholes to each other for no good reason should be left for edgy shows. Rise, and tmnt cartoons in general, are not edgy, dumbass.

I legitimately don't get how can anyone thing boring, absolutely nondescript garbage like Gravity Falls, Loud House or Amphibia looks good but this doesn't.

>Plus she kissed Donny solely so that she could string him along for the rest of the series just as he was getting over her, that alone would've made her the worst.

From what I recall, Ciro Nieli and one of the other artists talked about the kiss in the Ice Cream Kitty short and said that the staff liked the characters as a couple. So it was this weird nonsense of them liking April and Donnie as a pair, but not wanting to OFFICIALLY make them a pair because gotta keep the turtles' wangst?

Point being, they wanted their cake and wanted to eat it too, which was shitty writing on their part. But I think it's taking things a bit far to say that April's kiss was meant to be her leading Donnie on, and not just the writers going "we'll do something with this later" then chickening out on ever doing anything with it... aside from dropping a nuke on the entire cast.

Good way to resolve all your problems! "Everyone except these four characters is dead" wraps shit up in a very definitive way!

>there was an entire episode where they couldn't get a crucial piece they need solely because they couldn't bear to take it away from someone being nice to them
Wha episode was this?

The recurring thread with April has tended to be that she's useful to the team. Maybe she's a scientist with the scoop on her evil boss. Maybe she's a reporter that can expose The Foot Clan. Maybe she's got secret mutant DNA that the bad guys are desperate to get. Maybe she's an archaeologist and knows something about a mystic object that the badguys intend to use for Evil. Not saying that there's anything wrong with the current April, but it's silly to pretend that the previous versions didn't have established reasons for being there aside from being "friends". Rise is the odd one out in that she seems to be there just because they like her and she likes them.

April being part of the Warren Stone fanclub was legit the only time I found myself mildly interested in her. Hope they bring that up again. Feels a bit forced that an anchorman HAS a fanclub, but I can look past that.

Guess any cartoon where characters act like dickwads to each other is edgy now.

>Show by Samurai Jack alumni
>No calarts taint
>Yea Forums bitches about the style anyway

It's TMNT so thats why. It has that generation effect where people who grew up with certain turtle shows are more likely to dismiss a new one that changes things up. When 2012 aired people got mad that the turtles weren't copypasta and actually had different sizes and eye colors.

Huh, I liked 2012 April the most of all versions, didn't realize there was so much hate. She had a nice journey I thought. Initially latched on to the guys but kept them at a distance because she needed their help. Then got to know them more and became friends. Then around when she found out she was a mutant too, she started training because she wanted to be useful and knew she wouldn't be able to stay out of things. Might not be Shakespeare but I thought they handled it well? At least until the cabin arc, but nobody survived that with their character integrity intact...

>anti calarts
Not when it comes to DUHVERSITY

And this is is the first fucking time in forever we had a kids cartoon with good action and unique animation style. The comedy may be shit but at least Nick didn't pussy out and actually tried to experiment.
MaoMao is coming out at least to increase that number somewhat.

They actually considered making April black in the 2012 show according to the artbook, so we would have had this conversation years ago if it actually went through.
Honestly if her design wasn't so bad she probably would have been well liked. Change the hair and remove the glasses and she'll be fixed.

I think Leo went through fine. The arc dragged on but it did Leo's recovery better than 2003 where he was like "I fixed my swords everythings good now"

What the fucks.

ALL OF THE WHAT THE FUCKS

The first episode with the Bob Ross groundhog guy.

Still haven't seen it. Don't think I'm missing anything.

Jesus, I'd forgotten about the 2007 movie. What the hell even was that garbage? Like a sequel to the original movies, but not?

Nice strawman dipshit

anger

(you)

Attached: 896756678897.png (296x231, 102K)

u got me

Attached: Screen_Shot_2016-08-01_at_12.34.21_PM.0.0.jpg (1400x1400, 179K)

TMNT 207 was brought to us by Harvey Weinstein. I think we can assume dumbass meddling.

...And probably behind-the-scenes sexual assault.

You need a straight man. Nobody in this is the straight man.

2012 had 2 good seasons and then shit the bed

this is pretty ridiculous

Attached: Tales07-01.jpg (559x540, 90K)

>literally just a random teenager that's hanging out. Vaguely useful in that she keeps getting fired from jobs, but there's only so many times you can do "my latest boss is ALSO a supervillain!" before it gets old as fuck)

So niggas just can't have friends now?

>leading to yet another redhead character being wiped out to have a black character.
shut the fuck up

>It's an exaggeration to say they're identical, but there's a lot more overlap than there used to be.
You mean, like siblings?

check this thread

Well, Gravity Falls is literally calarts tier but no one has a problem with it. I mean, with its first season.

Good writing can take you a long way, but Rise of TMNT is like if in Gravity Falls every main character was Mabel.

Thank you, I was there a bit earlier.

What struck me early on was the interviews with the creators, where they were saying things like "yeah, maybe we'll use Shredder. You never know, " "Splinter is the only design we got negative reactions to, " and just generally not acting like people who had gotten what's a dream job for many folks. Their reaction wasn't "wow, it's great to be on something with so much history ," it was"well the other things are still out there, here's our thing, enjoy it or don't. " which I can almost get behind, but there was something offputting about the combination of them saying you need to just enjoy this and not compare it to previous incarnations, while also talking like this version has gotten little but praise so far.

So there's this group of hideous monsters that don't want to be caught and dissected by scientists or whatever. Luckily they've been trained to be EXCELLENT at hiding, and have managed to stay a secret.

...Except for no apparent reason they're friends with a rando teenager.

That doesn't strike you as odd? Hopefully we'll get an explanation, but as of the 8th of July, 2019, it seems a bit odd. No, people that are trying to stay secret and have good reason to do so can't "have friends" unless there's a good explanation.

>Just curious if I'm the only one.
someone made a thread for this....

>...Except for no apparent reason they're friends with a rando teenager.
They are also teenagers.

who've been raised to fear being discovered. A bunch of weird freaks that are good at being secretive and know they'll be in trouble if they're discovered. But this version has its brain firmly in neutral. Even the 80s toon turtles made more of an effort to avoid being spotted, and they thought trenchcoats would cut it for a disguise.

>I liked 2012 April the most of all versions
Me too user, she was just too different for some people.

You're talking to someone who hasn't actually watched a single episode, he's just parroting shit other people have said

Well i dropped it once i saw chimp April O'Neil. The series was raped beyond recognition

if Yea Forums was a given a show to their exact specifications, they'd still bitch about it.

It's boring.

I forgot this even started. I should give it a watch.

I saw the first episode and I thought it's too hyper and random. Ironically this thread encouraged me to give it another try and I might watch this some more after all. I think getting into Mao Mao made this more tolerable to me.

It's significantly more hyper and random than Mao Mao. Less than Bertie and Tuca though.

>I'm tired of April being a goddamn kid in these new adaptations.

Shit user, I'd argue she needs to be a kid from now on. I think we've reached the point where the boys are going to be consistently written as TEENAGERS. Hopefully not always as lolrandom as in Rise, but Teenagers. And oldschool April just doesn't work great with that. Too much a stranger for the surrogate mom stuff to feel right, too old for it to be anything but awkward to have her be the only friend of a bunch of teenagers. At absolute most I could see her being a little older from now on - like a college kid hanging with high schoolers - but even then it feels weird.

Better get used to teen April, I think she's here to stay.

Pros:
>The best animation on Television.
>Unlike most shows, has an actual direction planned, despite 15 min episodes.
>Characters (even Black April) are developed well, including Splinter, who is probably at his most interesting.
>The Turtles are actually different this time, and Leo not being leader was never off putting
>The Voice direction and acting is legitimately good. despite the very unfitting urban sound

Cons:
>Black April only literally exists for one demographic, one that doesn't watch the show
>Turtles are very urban despite not being urban at all
>Tang Shen and Hamato Yoshi might be villains, despite them never being written that way at all

I feel this whenever I watch Steven Universe, The Loud House, and episodes relating to shipping and/or sexual shit in any cartoon in general. I fucking hated Breezy, Frost and Fire in and Adventure Time and I could barely stand to watch any Starco scenes in Star Vs. without cringing. I don't watch cartoons for shipping and 14 year olds having wet dreams, it's fucking awful.

Attached: image (2).jpg (1431x1431, 198K)

Severely disagree, adult April gives her an autonomy that makes it appealing for them to hang out with her. She can live on her own, have the ability to drive them around or house them, has more access to the outside world than a teenager would. Plus having an grown woman is more appealing to the turtles because it makes her seem cooler and sexier. and when they do meet another teenager, especially another mutant, it feels all the more special.

On her end, April being older and hanging out with teenagers doesn't bother her because there's enough of an otherness to them that keeps it from it being creepy. She sees them as little brothers. And I find April being a bit of a loser with no personal life who ends up hanging around with mutants while the boys think she's the coolest to be a charming irony.

they don't need a fucking mommy to drive them around, they can do that themselves

You need to get out more.

>Savino' Dextar's Lab

Attached: d23jcp4-599c5c36-248c-4d98-904d-0e67d5a7baa7.jpg (824x626, 43K)

>>The best animation on Television.
It's completely choppy

Attached: Really.png (758x817, 939K)

We could've at least got modern Venus from this shit, but nope, not even that.

Attached: Disgusting.jpg (210x240, 9K)

Why would you want Venus? Especially in THIS style? She'd constantly be gurning for the camera.

>Plus having an grown woman is more appealing to the turtles because it makes her seem cooler and sexier. and when they do meet another teenager, especially another mutant, it feels all the more special.

Keep it in your pants dude. "It'll be sexy... they can hang out with an older woman" isn't a great reason to put something in a story.

Technically trap Leo ,already look like one, same goes for Mikey.
If only Playmates wren't shit tier in elongated characters.

>gurning for the camera
Yeah, everyone suffers from uncharming asshole grin, but I don't blame the style, but the laziness of the artists.

Thats specifically banned

youtu.be/VgEJed3-4zE

Based batman and turtle crossover.

>Went with Damien Robin
Into the trash it goes.

>Forgot to mention season six of Regular Show
Shipping and love triangles are the worst parts of the ongoing cartoons nowadays.

But this is Rise of TMNT second thread here.

Attached: Merry Christmas, Mordecai.webm (1280x720, 1.59M)

Eh? It ends with batman eating pizza, and had a fairly decent batman on shredder fight what more do you want?

50% choppy, 50% fluid. The show is also animated in Flash, which is pretty impressive.

A good Robin?
But this is a Rise of TMNT thread there, so let's not get into that.

I wonder what April's butthole smells like haha

This 100%

get with the times gramps

May as well have them stop trying to hide at all, if "they're stupid teenagers" is all the explanation needed.

This is the only animated version of Turtles that have been at all interesting.

Its smoother than most of the cal-arts shows we see today. Action squences matter most to TMNT so they nail those every time.

The turtles calling April a babe is a pretty usual part of old turtles stuff. teenagers like to hang out with slightly older people when they can, too.

>animated in Flash
>impressive
Pick one and only one

DCSHG is way more smoother and more expressive.

>Yeah, Cipes told us that Teen Titans Go! would grow on us with time.
And it happened.