I'm going to watch Courage the Cowardly Dog because I've never seen it and it looks more interesting than any modern...

I'm going to watch Courage the Cowardly Dog because I've never seen it and it looks more interesting than any modern cartoons. What am I in for?

Attached: courage.jpg (1000x718, 195K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vOKYwnpe57A
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You won't be scared at this age but you're in for some very weird and strange things

Return the slab senpai

A lot of well done slapstick humor, some episodes with genuinely heartfelt messages that resonate even today, some imagery that, while probably not scary these days, is still pretty unsettling, and maybe even some legitimate feels here and there. Also some killer music.

And also an episode about a lesbian cat and rabbit.

God that episode freaked me out as a kid

The Quasimoto episode made me cry.

That got me good especially cause it was night when I first watched it and my parents were out so my brothers just left me by myself. But Freaky Fred got me more

THE MAN IN GAUZE

Attached: 82ccba21407ad8abe7769a2bf61fc0aa.jpg (500x541, 35K)

This pic is so surreal. Katz would've strangled Courage instead.

Incredible that Courage had some episodes that hit hard in the feels. The one with the squids from space...WOW. But the ending was an absolute mood whiplash.

WHAT'S YOUR OFFER, BAKA?

KING RAMSES!

>THE MAN IN GAUZE
>THE MAN IN GAUZE
>KING RAAAAMSEEEEES

I remember that episode scared the fuck out of me when I was a kid. Holy shit it was so scary.

Anata wa kankipede wanai, desu.

>What am I in for?
Nothing special, just stuff like this:
youtube.com/watch?v=vOKYwnpe57A

Good times, Feels, and legit scares and unsettling shit.
Also a dude that got his rocks off by giving people hair cuts.

There's a lot of fanart of Katz and Courage just hanging out for some reason.

Attached: g.jpg (1141x539, 392K)

>ywn find the standalone music from the fox episode.

Fujo's. If two dudes are hanging out OOC 9 times out of 10 it's because of the damn Yaoi Fangirls latching onto the least ugly single bastards in the show and smashing them together until they find the most unlikely combination that allows them to, somehow, fit into their homoerotic kink space.
No one is safe. No thing is safe. Not even, Squidward's house!

Didn't Katz have Courage unconscious and at his mercy a few times in the series? I could see him waiting for Courage to wake up before inflicting some weirdass cat and mouse torture on him.

Yep. Even once turned courage into a large green jelly bean after Courage lost at a staring contest.

If this is Katz we're talking about he would have tied Courage to the roof of the car so he'd wake up to 90mph winds in his face while the car is headed for a sheer cliff.

You're in for some creative & unpredictable stuff. The premise seems formulaic, but the show can go pretty much anywhere.

The "feels' people are talking about are a few really really heavyhanded episodes, but I guess that style has only become more popular over time.

The fujoshit is bad, but I like the idea of Courage and his enemies hanging out.

Attached: tumblr_n9gemxnOcg1rzn06do1_1280.jpg (1280x626, 320K)

Kino. I had a friend ftom Singapore, she was oddly obsessed with this show.

these pics are weirder than the actual episodes

Attached: _pity___by_dachacyn-d7ncjsx.png (900x727, 64K)

>SANTA CLAUUUUUSSS!!!

You're in for a brave little dog

why was everyone so freaked out by this episode? never understood why everyone was scared of this one in particular

From what I understand, the guy looked uncanny and out of place because he was cgi, which freaks some people out.

Back then cgi was a new thing. The fact that he was 3d in a cartoon that was 2d, human like enough to sit right in the creepy part of the uncanny valley, and had a spooky voice, made 6-9 year olds damn near shit themselves.

its a meme, so people pretend to fit in

Everyone always talks about Ramses, but Fred was the one who freaked me out the most as a kid. Maybe because he's supposed to be a relative, and as a child I still believed you were safe around family.

That or it was just how fucking weird he was.

Attached: FreakyFred.jpg (1440x1080, 209K)

>weird
Weird is not the word that describes old Fred.
He might be a weirdo who would cut the hair of your head.
But there another word you should use instead,
And that word is NAUGHTY

For me it was because I was super young at the time and I just happened to be afraid of mummies. Also the voice was spooky af and so was the music that played whenever he spoke.

Watch it in the dark at night. You will thank me later. There’s no jump scares. You owe it to yourself to make it more scary for yourself since you’re an adult now.

I can only speak for myself, but the desolation of the farm is really creepy. It’s not terrible all the time, but that episode made the desolation peak.

It’s dark, in the middle of nowhere, you open your door at night and some uncanny mummy is off into the distance. iirc in the episode, how close and how far he is varies too.

The music that played while he did his rhymes always gave me chills.

Attached: BlondBlondIchthyosaurs-poster.jpg (500x382, 144K)

The uncanny cgi and haunting voice terrified me as a kid.
Then I heard the man in gauze...

It didn't freak me out at all. I just liked the song and enjoy joking around.

Fred indeed

More like made you happy and laugh out loud, right?

Please stop it with the lying/jokes. They're tiresome and dumb.

Courage had an excellent villain roster. I think other shows could use them.
It's too bad they only use most of them once like the fox and the mermaid.

That episode and every other emotional or intellectual episode made me roll my eyes hard.

I appreciate how diverse the episodes were though. They did a "villain team up" episode. Stuff like I Am Weasel and Cow & Chicken can't even do that due to a lack of villains.

Freaky Fred is fascinating. Compared to most of the other show's villains, he's not supernatural or animal-like, and there's nothing otherworldly about him. He's just a dude with a mental illness.

What's more interesting is how the episode writes the entire scenario with him. Most of the shots where Courage encounters Fred is the same perspective as a young child would have. He's a family member. And he tries to keep his terrible, naughty habit under control, away from prying eyes, hidden behind an uncanny smile.

The whole episode really preys upon the fear of being a vulnerable child, alone in a room away from your parents, trapped with a grown-up who wants to do very naughty things to you.

I can see why people get freaked out by him.

WHAT"S YER OFFER?

NOT A FARMER

Attached: The_Spirit_of_the_Harvest_Moon.jpg (546x732, 47K)

The harvest moon episode was the one that scared me. The giant real head with the fuzzy high contrast black and white gave me nightmares. .

There he is. The real life fear.

I've seen enough hentai to know where this is going

He is just driving to Courage's final destination.

>zoomers trying to impress boomer
Kill yourself faggot

fun fact the ghost in that episode was inspired by the designs from Parappa the Rapper

underrated

it was literally like the second animated thing I saw on the TV ever, and the CGI made it look completely weird and alien.

One of the best original CN cartoons. The closest a show on the network has gotten to pure horror or at least total surrealism.

>Have advance arachnophobia.
>Katz and his spider episode
>Giant spider comes out of the faucet when the old lady was in the bath.
I was so scared of taking a bath for sometime.

>NAA NANA NANA NA NAA
>NAA NANA NANA NA NAA

No, I just didn't have cable as a kid so I grew up with PBS instead of CN.