ITT: Times when race/gender/sexuality-bending a character actually worked

ITT: Times when race/gender/sexuality-bending a character actually worked.

Attached: Nick Fury.jpg (1280x705, 97K)

ITT: Times when OP outed themselves as not actually reading comics.

It worked because it got the excuse of the comics doing it before the movie and using sam as the inspiration

Nick was originally white, but he was Samuel L Jackson'd before the MCU

See ,
summerchild.
Your favorite youtubers don't actually have all the answers.

He was black in the ultimate universe and yes they did ask Sam Jackson for use of his likeness for it. Black nick fury in the 616 is genuinely awful in both his origin and implementation into the universe

It'd be a racebend if he was the semi-immortal WW2 vet we all know and love, he's just Ultimate Fury.

They didn't have a choice, Marvel and Sam Jackson had a contract that if they wanted to use his likeness in the Ultimate universe comics he had to be casted in any movie using Nick Fury

Ultimate universe friendo. The MCU started as an adaptation of 1610.

Actually that's Nick Fury Jr. not the original Nick Fury from WW2

>another little mermaid thread

It could become a Bane thread instead.

Attached: 41NhNPEGMKL._SX466_.jpg (466x466, 21K)

Does anyone have that pic that had the whole process mockingly explained?

He only worked in CA:TWS tho.

MCD's Kingpin was legit the only good thing about Affleck Daredevil.

Attached: YUbmAiV.jpg (2953x4609, 1.66M)

Samuel L. Jackson is an eternal badass so he could only make Nick Fury even more badass.

How did they make Samuel L. Jackson boring as shit?

RIP you gentle giant

Ranma 1/2

They gave him nothing to do after Winter Soldier

>turning Nick Fury into the nigger whose whole range is screaming “motherfucker”
Wow, great casting choice!
>inb4 “Muh contracts”
I know you faggots, 1610 Fury was a mystery meat even before SLJ agreed to the likeness. It doesn’t make it any better.

Attached: D371548B-0B76-423C-8297-0F8D04B50058.gif (500x209, 1.94M)

Hey guys I found the cuck

Sam is seventy years old now. he's still fine, but I don't think he will play the part for much longer. They only have to decide whether to bring the original Nick Fury back on stage or to go ahead with a black character.

Sooner or later I'd like to get back the original Nick Fury, but Sam's popularity is still too strong. Are you ready for Will Smith for the next Fury?

I feel like Sam Jackson can elevate almost any role he's in. Hell, I would even love to see him as Ariel

Not letting him swear.

I think the MCU going foreword will have mantle characters. They won't have another Nick Fury- they'll get a new Director of SHIELD

Attached: saddest tits.gif (245x150, 479K)

Attached: domino.jpg (480x380, 40K)

Nah dude if they recast Sam Jackson's Nick Fury it'll be somebody like Ice Cube

>Sam is seventy years old now
Goddamn, I'll give them this all day long, Black don't crack.

Man, I had forgotten all about this dogshit too...

Wait, so is White Nick Fury dead in 616?

Literally never.

Die in a fire.

He was made to replace the Watcher (who is dead) as punishment for something I don't remember.

The only real issue I have with this casting is that they didn't make her skin pale and give her the black domino eye. This is such a fucking lazy design. I wouldn't even mind the afro if they'd have just put some fucking effort in

...as punishment for killing the Watcher

Fine

for you

They were so proud of making vitiligo as her eyepatch . What they didn't realize is that she has full body vitiligo in comics.

>they also killed off Stark so he can’t be SHIELD director
>Cap is way wayyy too old and frail, not even Old Man Cap buff old
Who are they gonna have? Maria How I Met Your Commander Hill?

>Nah dude if they recast Sam Jackson's Nick Fury it'll be somebody like Ice Cube
This is fucking perfect casting, Marvel hire this man

Hill can work for some movies

Imagine how butthurt Yea Forums and Yea Forums would be about this if it was made today. They made the movie great though.

Attached: img.jpg (2000x1380, 297K)

at least she's pretty and I can understand why would they go with a cheaper design since its a deadpool movie.

Whoever made the decision to make the Muses gospel singers deserved a promotion and I hope they got it. It's the most inspired choice in a film full of them.

whenever you're ready

What's this cuck doing here?? Shouldn't he be filming his gf getting BLACKED?

Second from right is best girl

If a new Director is ever needed they'll handwave Coulson in. Clark Gregg would jump at the opportunity.

DDs costume and weapons were nice

It would also be logical, but I think they want to keep him dead in the cinema, which is a bit ridiculous, of course.

But she is so cute.

>Yank out his eye so he looks like black Nick Fury
I don't have a topkek.jpg big enough for this one.

It works fine when their racial appearance and culture isn't a defining aspect of what makes them iconic.