Why did the classic Jim Lee costume for Psylocke translate so badly into live-action?

Why did the classic Jim Lee costume for Psylocke translate so badly into live-action?

Attached: f7c0e277b3b61c7e7731eaa6f9590ed7.jpg (441x810, 66K)

because only aerobic instructors walk round in a literal leotard

Might be who’s wearing it. She’s not as slender as Betsy so as to pull off a leotard convincingly.

She looks worse than cosplayers
Shitty hollywood tacticool design is to blame

It's that funky chest piece bit they added to trey and armor it up. It just looks too plasticy

Attached: 175915-psylocke_400.jpg (372x585, 51K)

Munn is a decade too old hapa.

It's because leotards are actually rubbish live action costumes.

Attached: Adventurer2.jpg (850x1202, 145K)

>Name fag
>Seed fag
>MUH REALISTIC COSTUMES fag
Boy you're just a real hat trick.

Attached: amethyst_princess_of_gemworld_by_weremole-d589uxr.png (650x926, 662K)

>>MUH REALISTIC COSTUMES fag
No. The leotard just happens to be really trash. Almost any skimpy costume cam work in live action.

Attached: __athrun_zala_and_cagalli_yula_athha_gundam_seed_and_etc__63fbcccda3d985b437a0fe4ea90a2235.jpg (331x498, 129K)

Still bitter no one will fuck you while you eggs rot, eh?

Attached: 1522928372337.jpg (902x1219, 87K)

Real people aren't built like drawn people.
Real fabric doesn't behave the way drawn fabric can.
Costume and makeup are constrained by time, budget and practicality in ways that images aren't.

Am i the only one who appreciates this costume? I mean, normally they always try to make comic book costumes more realistic by removing any skin revealing parts and giving it less of a skintight feel to it. But here they actually stayed very close to the comic book costume.
And i think it looked pretty good in motion, too bad there was never any real focus on her once she wore the costume

That looks shit IMHO.

it wasn't great, but passable. movie had bigger problems so i didn't care too much.

Right but you're a namefag so that sort of implies you're a worthless retarded faggot

This, basically.
Look at the straps in See how they perfectly conform to her leg shape? Literally impossible to do in real life, without usng bodypaint. You will either have shitty loose fabric, or you will sqush the skin and fat on her thighs so that it deforms,not looking as nice and clean

I fixed the asymmetry with the crotch cuts. Also pulled the crotch area up to at least resemble a groin: there are definitely photoshop shenanigans the marketing put on this picture, her crotch is being pulled down as if she's wearing pants? Undoubtedly they were trying to shop her vag out, but why the way they did it I don't have the answer for.
Next I narrowed her ribcage waistline a bit; maybe more than Munn's actual waistline, but it is apparent that the chest piece is adding to the silhouette quite a bit. I think it gets the idea across.
Lastly is a reference of Munn during a beach photoshoot or something.
Long story short: bad costume design and questionable decisions from production.

Attached: munn-psylocke.png (1780x810, 975K)

>Why did the classic Jim Lee costume for Psylocke translate so badly into live-action?

Because it's an objectively shitty looking costume no matter what the medium.

Because having an actress who went on Saturday Kitchen to promote the film spent more time drinking every bottle in sight probably didn't help her fit in the fucking thing?

>without usng bodypaint
And why not?

>Badly
It was awesome

depends on who is wearing it.

Attached: Lynda-as-Wonder-Woman-264419.jpg (590x738, 40K)

This, and it doesn't help that Munn doesn't have the proper body shape to pull it off.

>it doesn't help that Munn doesn't have the proper body shape to pull it off.
Not really. the fault lies with production team and costume designers doing a shitty job.

Attached: 1499052231188.jpg (1080x809, 107K)

She looks borderline fridgelike in OP pic. Don't know if it's the sash, the armor, or Photoshop.

BECAUSE YOUR ACTOR IS FUCKING UGLY. Fucking chubby manly ass piece of shit.

Show us on the doll where Olivia hurt you, user.

you're right. it's apparent they didn't give a shit making the costumes with how bad they fucked up Munn's outfit/appearance.

Attached: Olivia-Munn-Pink-Green-Bikini.jpg (576x1024, 58K)

Attached: olivia-munn-bikini-20005995.png (1070x1076, 1.75M)

Attached: 1418768260092.jpg (1024x1536, 144K)

Attached: 1547364595666.jpg (1080x1350, 149K)

Funny how you forgot female athletes, Mr. Feige.

everything looks fine except for the weird chest plate. The problem was the writing for this movie, it did nothing with any of the characters

the stripes look stupid

cosplayers make them work all the time

Attached: 377698_317575218253958_1671495036_n.jpg (561x960, 65K)

Mmmm

it helps not to have a fridge body.

Attached: 23e6cbad11edf4a5b7ff39f780cac060.jpg (1000x1518, 163K)

Munn was a poor casting choice but she was the one to push for a more comics accurate costume.

All the X-Movie suits have sucked though. You'd figure a faggot like Singer would have better fashion sense.

Apocalypse must've asobed a dude with weird fetishes.