What happened? Did Millar copy Visaggio or did that both copy Dirty Pair?

What happened? Did Millar copy Visaggio or did that both copy Dirty Pair?
Also is Visaggio's writing any good?

Attached: Screenshot_20190705-023142_Chrome.jpg (1080x2220, 906K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nxaZMreym88
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Literally who?

Great when talentless whores write passive-aggressive shitposts like that as if anyone would ever bother copying their garbage which always copies anime and manga.

While I really don't care for any of the books, It would be really funny to see Millar get humbled by the angry sjw twitter crowd

>What happened? Did Millar copy Visaggio or did that both copy Dirty Pair?
Probably the latter.

>Also is Visaggio's writing any good?
I can tell from that tweet that SHE thinks it's fucking amazing.

Attached: 1475947640795.gif (240x280, 120K)

>comics about a duo who go around doing shit in space

Why is she acting like the concept was original to begin with? There's plenty of comics that did that exact idea before.

>someone makes a comic featuring two chicks in space
>"REEEEE THEY ARE COPYING ME"

Attached: 1538879481229.jpg (1024x1004, 60K)

I think this is great. It's like a challenge: two writers take the same subject and each give it their own twist.

I just hope Adam Warren chimes in on this.

Jesus that art on the left.

Creatives, especially when female, think everything they do is original

Both look like shit. Dirty Pair is infinitely better.

Attached: 51p--xgganL._SY445_.jpg (313x445, 35K)

A rat finds another older rat eating some stale bread and decides said bread is actually theirs to eat and that it isn't stale at all.

Oh I can definitely see this happening.

Also because the older rat is male it stole the bread from the younger rat's pristine bakery.

She's got no fucking case. What are the similarities? They're both female, back to back, and are dressed alternatively. There's not nearly enough 1:1 comparisons to say Millar ripped anything off. This is some prime bullshit.

Attached: thor high.png (902x497, 968K)

>Visaggio
>Female

It honestly looks like both copied the "Dirty Pair" manga.

Utterly shameless

Attached: ohhoho.jpg (1080x1964, 374K)

>Adam Warren chimes in on this
That would be nice

Attached: 123.jpg (612x612, 72K)

what does the guy who made empowered have to do with this

lel

They were light novels before manga. The first novel was distributed in 1980, and the idea was crystallized in 1978 according to Takachiho via visiting to an all female wrestling show with some Studo-Nue staffers and science fiction author A. Bertram Chandler.

He did a version of Dirty Pair ages ago calling it, THE Dirty Pair.

Dude's a hack.

Okayyy.. took me a while to realize Visaggio is a transsexual.

The Dirty Pair is fucking weird, both for being respected and for deserving the respect. Usually the west fucks up adaptations.

Yeah, but

>Adam fucking Warren

Man I wish Warren was still allowed to write Dirty Pair.

kek, you mean mentally ill

And there was even an American remake / version of it.

Attached: Adam Warren Dirty Pair 105719.jpg (400x612, 104K)

Pretty sure it was licensed. There was a time in the 80s and 90s when it was just as common to adapt manga as a US comic as it was to just translate it.

Attached: Captain Harlock (Eternity) 05-00FC.jpg (1280x2007, 418K)

...or even better... a US comic... based on a Japanese anime... based on a classic US sci-fi novel.

Attached: Lensman -The Secret of the Lens 02 (1990) (Eternity Comics) 00a.jpg (1920x2985, 1.61M)

every tumblr shit is basically fake anime/manga. amerimutts have NEVER made good girl or gay protags so they always copy it.

Lmao weebs

Girls back to back slightly leaning on each other is a pretty common pose. Visaggio is full of shit.

I can't believe frank millar literaly raped one of our most beloved americana female authors.

#Justice4HiHiPuffyAmyYummy

This is OUTRAGEOUS plagiarism. Hopefuly Millar sees the error on his way and sends her all his netflix money, past and present.

>copies anime and manga

The "Oh Shit it's Kim and Kim" cover seems to indicate the left one is a ripoff of Kei from Dirty Pair, and the right one is a ripoff of Priss from Bubblegum Crisis.

I'd only actually question it of the Millar one had one of the girls be trans too.

>Jesus that art on the left.
He intentionally used one of the variants, image related is the main cover by the interior artist ( same guy who did Black Science ).

Attached: Space Bandits 001 - matteo scalera.jpg (994x1528, 1.85M)

>or did that both copy Dirty Pair?
I'll just leave this here ...

Attached: dirty pair_adamHughes.jpg (993x1504, 437K)

What? Two disgusting women back to back is plagairism now? They don't even have the same weapons.

>notice me, sempai!

Yeah, but what elements are similar? The cover isn't the same.

Does she think she invented females standing back to back? Or invent white female pairings with black females?

I get it, she thinks she's more entitled to write a story about two chicks in space because she is also a chick?
What?

Attached: i_just_dont_understand_it.jpg (478x244, 43K)

someone remembers

>she is also a chick
user ...

You're talking about a dude who went full Bruce Jenner ( seriously, not joking ).

Visaggio's writing is not good but Visaggio is pretentious.

Has Millar chummed in?

I expect him to tell her to fucking bolt before he fucks her up like begsbie did to that Tranny in trainspotting.

Oh, its not an actual chick?
My bad.

>NO ONE HAS EVER DONE A PAIR OF FEMALE HEROES BEFORE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
What a cunt.

I loved Warren's Dirty Pair
And his Bubblegum Crisis

Attached: dpsvos.jpg (300x463, 50K)

>or did that both copy Dirty Pair?
I assume this is what Mags did, Millar was maybe more likely from chicks in prison and girls with guns kinos from the 70's considering his age

Take a look at dem gams!

Holy shit, she invented that cyan/magenta 80s space punk style?

>SHE

youtube.com/watch?v=nxaZMreym88

What happened is that the dirty pair is pretty influential though I'm thinking this is just a jokey tweet too.
>is visaggio's writing any good
I liked eternity girl

True.

Brian is a honestly one of the worst writers to ever exist in comics. Who gives a fuck if someone takes his trash idea and improves on it in every conceivable way.

Original the characters
Do not steal

Attached: Diesel.jpg (988x1541, 758K)

>He intentionally used one of the variants, image related is the main cover by the interior artist ( same guy who did Black Science ).
I see, i was thinking if Mateo scalera had a stroke or something, lol.

Actually, yes. Kim & Kim has really well-written dialog between the two Kims and the action is as good as western comics get when you aren't Adam Warren.

I like the art, never seen Scalera before because refuse to read Remender

Attached: Space Bandits 001-017.jpg (1988x3056, 2.15M)

>Evil Clone Yuri gets fed the real one's memories after the original fucking dies and Kei has to act like nothing happened after she buried her best friend

Even by Warren's standards that was pretty fucked up.