Immortal Hulk

Who's Metatron referring to here? Any guesses anons? These are confirmed to take place further down the line so place your bets right now.

Attached: bruce.jpg (1988x3056, 1.59M)

I just love that Immortal Man is there. Sad and funny at the same time.

>The horseman of war, in his nightmare armor
Fortean goes Cobalt Man, becoming the very thing he hates, a monster, even supported by volume descriptions.
>The steel throne and your awful decision
Whatever decision Bruce makes at the end of #24.
>The beast of myth and the Hulk-that-was
Guilt Hulk (who's literally called the Beast) and either Worldbreaker or Professor Hulk.
>The thing in the tube and the thoughtful man
Blonsky (for real this time, no japes) and Leader.

Attached: hulkpill.png (322x509, 171K)

It's finally happening.

Attached: 1552934479199.jpg (1280x1985, 749K)

Do you think Zzax, the U-Foes, Ben Grim, or Logan could appear in this series?

Unrelated note, I'm currently on the hunt for the back issues for collection purposes. The only issue I have from the first 10 is issue #1.

Attached: The Immortal Hulk 1 Cover.jpg (1821x2800, 756K)

>Ben Grim
The Hulk/Thing fight is going to be in the FF book.

Attached: 444.jpg (444x337, 28K)

I think the Tube is referring to Del Frye from Issue #2. He's been in the background of Shadow Base consistently.

Attached: Immortal Hulk (2018-) 006-010.jpg (3975x3056, 2.39M)

If that's the case, then how the fuck is he gonna match up with the rest? He's literally just a fucking guy who's immortal. He has no powers. No skills. He'd be quick work for the Hulk.

Quick google is giving me

"The Qliphoth are the shadow of the Sephirot, the chaotic force that exists when that sephirot is out of balance. Geburah is the sephirot of Restraint, which takes away that which is unnecessary in the cosmos, destroys the wicked, fights evil and injustice, and maintains an equilibrium with Chesed, Loving kindness. However, it is obvious to see that when this force is out of balance, it becomes too destructive, and burns that which should not be burned. While the Klipot of Chesed may represent unbridled conservatism, Golachab represents unbridled radicalism and tyranny, that brooks no opposition, and executes all its opponents."

So is Golachab Maestro?

that's Frye's son they dug up, Frye is still at the bottom of that mountain hulk left him in

>He's asking Bruce whether he's still a man or whether he's the Maestro now

Who's this/what's this from?

Given how deep they're cutting with some of these callbacks, I'd be surprised if they DIDN'T pay homage to Wolverine at some point

Yeah. Del is the son.

Attached: Immortal Hulk (2018-) 002-009.jpg (1988x3056, 1.96M)

Really? I hadn't heard that. Care to explain?

>"I knew you weren't really dead. The Avengers were fooled, but not me. I've carved you up enough times to know what you're REALLY capable of, and it scares the hell out of even me. So are you going to start explaining everything, or are you and I going to do what we do best?"

Attached: Wolverine.png (576x720, 289K)

>Wolverine fights Devil Hulk all by himself
>Still puts up a better fight than all of the Avengers

Attached: 2973192731.jpg (383x366, 11K)

They can make him into the second Half-life.

The only heroes able to tango with The Hulk are Wolverine, Spider-Man, Thor, and The Thing. To what extend, depends, but all 3 have history with the Jade Giant. As for villains you could argue The Rhino and The Juggernaut.

Attached: The Thing Fantastic Four.png (1977x1953, 3.32M)

Well, we don't know what he is about yet. Looks like he can produce gamma.

Sentry, the Hulk one shot iirc. Btw it was the first time Sentry was introduced so either that or the original mini.

What if his power's that he can shut people off from the Below Place and kill them permanently?

Juggernaut should appear... and full demon.

Attached: Colossusnaut.jpg (1264x1920, 275K)

What if the "horseman" isn't Cobalt Man, but Juggernaut?

Just keep an eye on the next 1 or 2 issue of FF.

Attached: fantastic-four_12.jpg (600x923, 190K)

That's a little too obvious, don't you think? It seems to me like he's a battery, if anything. Or more accurately, an outlet that needs plugging into. Why else would he wind up connected to the Leader?

Would be interesting, but it wouldn't make sense with what we already know.

>Slott

That's why I'm betting that this glowing guy is, and has always been, the Sentry. It took Bob a long time, but he finally got his shit together and now he wants to help Bruce do the same.

Don't know, doesn't actually have any ties with gamma but this wouldn't exclude him entirely (although this didn't stopped Al from using other non-hulk related characters)

A Hulk-that-was.
A Were-Hulk.

Oh god, Ewing is now referencing the Italian Futurama dub!

The Horseman of War thing is just a reference to that time Apocalypse turned Hulk into one of his Horsemen.

I thought that as well, but you must go deeper, my friend.

Also Ewing already confirmed the monologue was referencing future events. And solicits for the 5th TPB confirm Fortean's going to become a monster himself.

So a ComicXposure got a weird ass, exclusive, variant cover for #20. Could this be the 'steel throne'?

Why do I get the feeling that TOBA will use this dude as a super 3rd-form Gamma source, to open the Green Door with like he did with Bruce?

Attached: 1549604701444.jpg (600x923, 136K)

I remember having seen a variant of this one but him wielding the Infinity Gauntlet, while Thanos was chained at his feet. Wish I could find it now... I'm not even sure if it's part of a set or what.
Also what do you make of the "Immortal" series Joe Bennett spawned with his wrap-around variant?

Attached: aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8yNTcvNzk4L29yaWdpbmFsL0ZGMTRfTUNLT05FLmpwZw==.jpg (1561x1200, 668K)

It works for characters like Venom, but everything else just seems like milking the cow because the Hulk version sold pretty well.

>People talk about all these cameos, but not the one that makes the most sense given the theme of this book

Attached: g.jpg (773x764, 117K)

I'm gonna say no. Let Aaron and Cates play with him some more, bringing him to Hulk would invite a wildly redundant crossover and demand some continuity cleanup given the whole "ruler of Hell" thing that only these two writers are acknowledging (no one else is).

I imagine Blonsky's separated from Rick now that he was ripped out of Subject B. When Shadow Base loses, their control over Abomination leaves and he awakens once more. Only one face, but still the same design.

That makes a bit of sense.
>Hulk, Betty, and Rick have to fight Abomination and Cobalt Man Fortean by #23
>When Fortean dies, Abomination's fucking gone

He was depowered in the last issue of Rosenberg X-Men. Knowing how much strict is Ewing with continuity, Juggernaut won't appear.

Ooh Spider-Man vs. Devil Hulk, I really want to see that one play out.

Don't forget Man-Thing.

>either Worldbreaker or Professor Hulk
Doc Green?

Wolverine and Devil Hulk met in the Hulkverines mini. Logan bought Bruce a beer.

Doc Green's gone mate. Only way for him to come back is to have Hulk take the Extremis virus or some shit.
And if he DOES, we get Maestro eventually.

>The only heroes able to tango with The Hulk are Wolverine, Spider-Man, Thor, and The Thing.
Thor and Carol got their shit kicked in by Devil Hulk in this series already. I can't see Ben or Spidey beating him in this state. Wolverine would probably be able to stalemate him because of meat factor.

>Doc Green's gone mate
About that...

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-04-21-29-50-329_com.twitter.android.jpg (720x842, 137K)

So why are we thinking Cobalt Man? Is it just radiation + Fortean's Redeemer armor + "it'd be cool" or has there been proper foreshadowing of it?

>Hulk goes to Hell again
>Has to fight Guilt Hulk (The Beast) on the inside and Ross (The Hulk-that-was) on the outside
>Getting his shit pushed in as Guilt Hulk takes over completely and manhandles Ross, and is about to go back to Earth
>Then, someone stops him
>IT'S FUCKING JOHNNY BLAZE
>JOHNNY BLAZE, KING OF HELL VS GUILT HULK IN HELL
>POST YFW

Attached: 193741.gif (287x216, 914K)

>We meet Doc Green inside Bruce's mind
>He's unable to be roused because the loss of his superintelligence took away everything he was

>He uses the Penance Stare to finish Guilt Hulk off, literally having his guilt kill his guilt, thereby having Guilt Hulk literally fucking kill himself

Attached: bust the nut.jpg (1024x548, 73K)

Well don't you want to see Wolverine body horror?

I think Ewing was hinting about Cobalt Man in one way or another on his Twitter.

I theorized Cobalt Man might have an appearance soon because of this post on his Tumblr, where he tagged it "Geburah or Golachab" a month ago... Which is precisely what happened in the last page of the issue. The reference in particular is suspicious also given the context of the panels used for the research, which might indicate Fortean taking a final step into turning into a monster in a way or another.

Attached: cobalt_man.jpg (509x2309, 334K)

post yfw Spidey and Wolverine team up to fight Devil Hulk

Attached: 102301923.jpg (300x300, 16K)

>Thing and Wolverine
FTFY. Semi-related but I never understood the Hulkverine shit. Seems like a counterproductive fusion. Wouldn't a Wolverine/Spidey spliced creature be a more effective weapon?

It already happened with Deadpool instead.

Oh, huh, okay. I mean, it makes sense!

On that note, might Ralph Roberts himself make an appearance? If you take his appearances at face value he's apparently died and come back to life three times, and his entire backstory involves radiation...

Spidey's pretty powerful, you shouldn't underestimate him. It took a fucking army of sentinels to take him down in the Days of Future Past timeline, he took down a herald of Galactus, and he's literally remembered as the greatest hero to live in Cable's timeline. If he doesn't have to hold back against the Hulk, he won't.

I never implied Spidey was weak, I know he's a bruiser when he wants to be. I was merely commenting on how splicing his genes with wolverine plus adding claws would be more deadly than Weapon H

Oh. Thought you meant it would be better for Thing to fight him. Unluckily, he's already gonna do that.
I'd pay to watch Devil Hulk try to break down Peter with words and his fists, only for him to get back up. Every single time. Because you can tear apart the Spider's webs and smash his bones, but you can't break his spirit.

>Also what do you make of the "Immortal" series Joe Bennett spawned with his wrap-around variant?

A shameless cashgrab that really only works with the more monstrous Marvel heroes/villains for obvious reasons. I mean, have you seen that Spider-Man cover?

That Fantastic Four cover is great though, especially since it references early Thing before he turned rocky.

Man, I hope Ewing at least calls attention to how dumb that entire arc was.

It'd be interesting to see how other radiation-afflicted characters fit in this new hierarchy, but given all the focus on Fortean so far, I'm not seeing it.

I mentioned Thing because of their history moreso than Spidey.

I just want to know what happens next. I haven't cared about a comic in a long time. But this? This is good.

You guys do remember that TOBA’s Hell is its own separate thing, right? Or are you just drunk on hypeposting?

TOBA's hell is all hells.

TOBA's "Hell" is THE deepest hell though, acknowledged by Mephisto himself in Defenders (by stating he has no power over him), and then taking Old Man Stephen into his own dominion to torture him for eternity.
Also that whole thing with Johnny Blaze as "The Ruler of Hell" is only being acknowledged by Cates and Aaron because it doesn't really fit within the hierarchy of the Lords of Hell either, and it displaces Mephisto in a way that no other book has acknowledged, not even Zub in Champions did, and definitely not Waid.

Attached: mephisto_defenders.png (324x843, 500K)

I'm going with Blonsky for what's in the tube and Leader for the thoughtful man. Remember:
>In the Book of Revelations, the Anti-Christ is two entities, essentially. The first and second beasts.
>The first takes the form of a monster that emerges from the sea that has multiple heads.
>The second is a false prophet who will bring the masses to falsely worship it.
Sounds a bit like Subject B and Leader, doesn't it?

Attached: abomination.jpg (1280x986, 127K)

Nah, we've never seen any of the usual demon characters in it. It's the deepest plane of hell, and Johnny sure as fuck wouldn't be hanging out in it.

La Cosa Inmortal... La sonrisa nihilista! Es el diablo encarnado!

Attached: Marvel_Knights_20th_Vol_1_6_Deodato_Variant_Textless.jpg (1200x1800, 421K)

ENTER GLENN CHADBOT

Attached: Hulk256_05a.jpg (906x442, 275K)

If Ewing truly considers himself a Hulk-afficianado, he must bring back Talbot.

also has to make samson look as bad as all the other gamma mutates

Attached: HulkANN018_34a.jpg (1000x1542, 212K)

>tfw there was a moment in the newest Green Lantern issue that was saying something's polluting a planet with gamma radiation
>on the same fucking day the newest issue of Immortal Hulk came out
>post yfw the One Below All is leaking into DC via Bendis and there's no way to stop him

Attached: 29734912381.jpg (525x365, 18K)

The problem, for Me, personally, is that I do not actually respect PAD's interpretations.
And that is to say:
Talbot is a part of Hulk-lore,
So is Samson, but not that particular bit of retardation.
PAD was a HACK.

Screw DC.
Don't give a shit.
NO ONE in the current year, givers two shits about Green Lantern.

If Blonsky's the Anti-Christ and Leader's the False Prophet, who's the Whore of Babylon? Jen?

Lyra?

Who?

Nobody cares about Rosenberg...

Attached: Punisher Kill Krew.jpg (738x1121, 197K)

notice how ross and talbot do not exist in the two 'seminal' hulk runs of Pak and PAD

notice how PAD literally retcons everything that happens between his two hulk runs

Expalin.

Hulk daughter from another dimension.
No wonder why he is so salty about everything.

To be fair, Jones' run was an absolute garbage.

Carmilla.

it's pretty amazing

check out the third panel where it has
>Guilt Hulk and the other Hulk versions which he hated when he created it
>Abomination whose character was expanded on from PAD's version which he hated the direction it went
>Absorbing Man who he was infamously super salty of the story arc in the Jones run

Attached: pad is a bitch.jpg (1000x974, 270K)

Guilt Hulk actually originates from Peter David's run. It's Devil Hulk he tried to retcon out.

Attached: guilt hulk.jpg (1000x1541, 331K)

only i can play with my toys

Attached: sam.jpg (640x480, 51K)

PAD is a well known salt master. I think the scans-daily debacle is the most hillarious and petty.

No, the Thing in the Tube is literally the guy who's been in a tube in the background since issue 6. I know you're hyped, but please pay attention.

Please, no. If there's one character in Marvel that deserves to stay dead, it's that asshole.

It's either Blonsky or Frye.

>no one else is
He just got referenced in Marvel Presents, pretty much every story with a GR has referenced his current status quo at some point actually.

I really wonder why Hulk would get into a fistfight with Immortal Man at the end of the universe of all fucking things.

Puny Man wouldn't leave Hulk alone

immortal hulk fukkatsu no "T"

Attached: godbot.jpg (238x325, 58K)

>Del Frye

Ewing, you madman.

(Not Madman).

Attached: Del Frye.jpg (217x232, 7K)

The Sentry is in deep space and has never been a glowing skeleton. He's both the Void and the Sentry now, in harmony, and I don't think he;s coming back until they finally reveal once and for all that he's the Beyonder.

>Johnny Blaze as "The Ruler of Hell"

Yeah, that's like Etrigan being lord of Hell over at DC. It's more of a little joke by the Hell Lords.

>Blonsky's in the tube

Blonsky is partly in the new Abomination, partly in the restored old one that's apparently orbiting Jupiter now.

Poor dude. Mr. Immortal's finally fulfilling his destiny, and no one's getting his name right.

...Killed thousands? Hoooo boy.

The Hulk's daughter with Thundra, who gets weaker as she gets angrier. But she hasn't been seen since well before 'Secret Wars'.

I remember how fucking psyched I was during the storytime of that issue, and then disappointed when no one else picked up on it.

Attached: Hulk315_16b.jpg (1000x1537, 364K)

Ah. But we can't put that on Banner, because he was physically separated from him at the time.

In fact did that Hulk have any human consciousness in him? Problematic.

Yeah, I assume that gray area is why the incident is seldom brought up.

Context?

Spider-man usually just runs from him unless he's got a power up. There's no way he can tangle with a Hulk that can one-shot Thor.

Didn't Juggernaut get depowered again? Fully demonic Magik just destroyed the gem.

In Rosenberg's X-men, which is going to be rendered effectively non-canon in a few weeks.

Signs of a control freak, who would have done well with some outside input and critique.
As far as I'm concerned, all the concepts that David played with, that is, different personalities, Hulk being a hero, daddy issues, etc, all had origins from the good part of Mantlo's run.

What's that?

>scans-daily debacle
David pretty much had scans-daily shut down because he wanted to 'triple sales' on his XFactor on-going, because 'it's really good, trust me' word of mouth mentality.
Truth is, in the comic book industry, letting pirates put out the material on line for free, generally bolsters word of mouth, and sales.

Plus what the hell are they going to do about the huge amount of out of print stories that haven't been reprinted nor digitalized? Can't really expect everyone to fetch old floppies of 50+ issues runs from decades ago.

I think it's a pretty safe bet, at this time, that the comic book industry would be dead in the water if the past and present material wasn't available to be sorted through.
Immortal Hulk is a perfect example.
After years of bad writing, without it being released online for free, there's no way it would have caught momentum such as it has.
I have purchased this entire run, even though I have read every issue, for free, in this forum.
(and gave away half of my floppies of PAD's original run to some kid decades ago)

Only Thor with the Odin/Thorforce and the Sentry can actually stand and trade with the Hulk

>I have purchased this entire run, even though I have read every issue, for free, in this forum.
I only bought the very first issue's first printing as soon as it came out because I had faith in the writer (I'm holding out for the hardcover though), but that faith exists in first place because I had pirated his books when I started getting into comics. Since then I've bought most of his comics in trades and some floppies, as well as other writers, past and present, simply because I could read them for free first.
I don't think I'd have a full shelf full of comics now if it wasn't for that.

I guess it's nostalgia for me, I just like floppies;
But, I'm not buying without confirming.
Back in the day, let's say an issue was referenced by the editor, if you wanted to read it, you would have to order from Mile High, six weeks delivery,
And it would usually be a horrible silver age comic.
Now, I like reading those online, but would never buy them; just too cheesy.
But, overall, to have those available to be read, has to be good for the industry.

Attached: IH300.47.jpg (1000x1538, 339K)

The beast of myth has to be Tanaraq. It's not like Ewing to ignore a bit of continuity that big, and Guilt Hulk has no association with myth.

They are metaphors, it could be anything.

Please, he's obviously Franklin Richards. They even both have black hair now.

But we already know the Beyonder was a memeber of the Beyonders, just a very young one.

If he comes back, I hope he looks like this again.

So, in the latest issue, when Bruce is talking to the Phantom Dadness, Poppa Banner mentions a bunch of other Gamma mutates.

One of them was called "The Old Man" and another like, "The Doppleganger" so I was having trouble figuring out who was who there.

The others he mentioned were clearly Samson, She-Hulk, and RickBomination.

I *assume* the copy is Blonsky...

Is the old man Ross?

That's some nice spacing.
>Is the old man Ross?
Of course.

Slightly related but here's a variant cover for Marvel Comics #1000 by Totino Tedesco.

Attached: D-uPqu7WwAEH9M0.jpg (945x1435, 352K)

>One GR away to get the whole New FF formation in the background

so close

>Sentry, the Hulk one shot iirc
No thats from the sentry story where he comes back after being brainwashed(everyone else too) into forgetting about the sentry.

Ghost Rider is right behind her.

PAD never had an original idea.
He did expand on what Mantlo started, but not well.
And, he never gave credit due.

Attached: MantloBuscema.jpg (1000x1553, 330K)

That's one of his biggest flaws really, i don't think he ever apologized for anything either really.
I still think he is a great writer and i always check his new stuff, things like this doesn't effect my judging on the writing but damn, he should tone down a bit sometimes.

All the seeds of David's run were planted by Mantlo;
Same with a lot of Immortal Hulk, but
Ewing takes great care to give credit to all past writers and artists.
David never did, and his books are just shadows of what could have been great but aren't.
Ewing proves that out.
Tragic side note that Mantlo quit writing comics, passed the bar and was doing pro bono work for the underprivileged when,
He was squashed by a car while roller blading.
He lived, but he's squashed.
David couldn't even give him a nod.
Also, to note,
I'm still trying to figure out who ghost-wrote The End. Doubtful it was David.

Attached: Mantlo.jpg (1000x1544, 334K)

Has the One Below All shown up again or was that a one-time thing?

Issue #20, user. And He'll show up again soon.

Attached: one_below_all.jpg (925x1400, 377K)

Maybe Nightmare is the real reason why Bruce saw the Devil/Immortal Hulk as a creepy evil lizard man.

This reminded me... Remember when Hulk stole Nightmare's Mare and snapped Hypnos' neck? LMAO

Attached: kraakk.png (642x992, 1.03M)

See pic related IH312:

Estoy viendo doble! Muy despiadado...

Attached: immortal_hulk_21-variant_wrap.jpg (1200x1053, 200K)

Ewing will finally get to play with Ross just as he planned when he wanted to put him in U.S.Avengers

>it doesn't really fit within the hierarchy of the Lords of Hell
it does, though.

Just have Johnny being the ruler of most of Mephisto's former realm, while Mephisto managed to get\keep a small part that he is actively expanding, explaining his involvement in a lot of stuff lately

Because he doesn't actively tries to expand his realm, the other Hell-Lords leave him alone, same as they did with Hellstrom when he was a hell-lord

He could just be working in the shadows, he seems to be working alone.

bump