Disney to Make Live-Action Follow-Up to The Nightmare Before Christmas

insidethemagic.net/2019/07/nightmare-before-christmas-remake/
>What Disney fan doesn’t love the cult classic film following the misadventures of Jack Skellington? Well, Disney fans rejoice–it seems the pumpkin king might have a few more adventures to journey! According to a new report, a potential live-action or follow-up film could be in the works.

>Recently, Disney has seen great success with its remakes of some of its most beloved and classic films, including “Aladdin,” “Dumbo,” and the upcoming remake of “The Lion King.” So the possibility of the company wanting to revisit this animated dark fantasy musical really isn’t that crazy of an idea.

>According to a report by Moviehole, a source close to the outlet shared that there’s talk at Disney to “do something with “Nightmare Before Christmas” – probably a sequel but live-action possible.” The outlet shares that the tip comes from someone who has given Moviehole credible intent in the past.

>Of course, “talk” doesn’t necessarily mean the company is set in one particular direction for the potential film. However, it seems viable that the company would be considering all options to find the best method of bringing Jack Skellington back to the big screen. Similar to Disney’s remake of “Mulan,” which the company has spoken openly about pursuing a much different direction from the original animated film, the company has to figure out what works best for its audience now.

Attached: Jack Skellington A Nightmare Before Christmas.jpg (800x400, 49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YigM-F4oSIE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Sounds stupid

This is what happens when you become one of Disney's top merchandising vessels
You're getting live action'd

Attached: amy disgust 2.jpg (550x600, 148K)

Do Disney just not know how to make animation any more?

It wouldn't surprise me to hear that Disney has some higher-ups that just want to be a regular movie studio.

It's a damn shame. Back in the day they had a pretty good balance between the two.

IT'S IGER TIME

Attached: iger.jpg (1880x3000, 2.99M)

youtube.com/watch?v=YigM-F4oSIE

Live action robin hood when?

Attached: furry zero hour.jpg (2000x1197, 119K)

Fuck you nigga, Nightmare already had a sequel.
>inb4 manga, it's still wholesome and cute

Attached: disney-manga-tim-burton-s-the-nightmare-before-christmas-zero-s-journey-issue-0.jpg (353x534, 55K)

If you want to actually make a follow up film, just stick to it being stop motion, don't be cheap.

What's the fucking point if it isn't stop-motion. That's part of what gives these movies their fucking charm.

I wonder how many human actors they're gonna use to keep from relying on animating things

Attached: tumblr_pdbovc3Qek1reljo6o1_400.jpg (400x225, 10K)

There's a live action Hollywood Robin Hood like every 2 years.

At this rate, Disney will stop making animated movies altogether and just do live-action remakes.

Yeah, but not one starring anthropomorphic foxes.

Attached: Furfag.jpg (254x247, 25K)

Can someone for the love of god please murder Bob Iger?

Well yeah they're live action.

NO DAD NO

Attached: bob iger cinderella dance cartoon.jpg (1000x563, 615K)

can't wait to see oogy be an actual burlap sack filled with bugs and snakes

What would this even be about? The last sequel we got was Oogie's Revenge

Jack goes to Easter Town, Turkey Town, etc.

How do you do those characters in live action?

>Live-Action
Awful, just awful.

>Live-Action Nightmare Before Christmas Sequel
This is the stupidest thing I have ever heard.

And it will make a billion dollars because audiences are retarded sheeple.

Terrible make-up and lazy costumes. Like a bad stage play.

I said I wanted a Broadway show.

what feminist spin are they going to give this one?
that it is time for santa claus to stay at home and let misses claus deliver the presents?

Not gonna happen. Tim Burton has made it clear that NBX is his baby, and if Disney bastardizes it he'll never work with them again.

Everyone will have a human face now, especially Jack.

Disney doesn’t care about Tim anymore. His Dumbo made less than Aladdin, the latter of which almost made a billion.

Disney is gonna rape the shit out of Nightmare Before Christmas because they know the dumb masses will see it out of muh nostalgia if marketed right.

The original poem talks about Jack and Sally having kids so it will probably be about them. It will definitely have Oogie Boogie in it in some way because these big sequels always do. I expect something like Grim Tales from Down Below.

One of Sally and Jack's kids falls in with somebody who is working for Oogie Boogie or something.

IIRC Burton had a sequel pitch internally back in the 90s that was about Jack being sought out by Oogie Boogie's old boss to replace him. It sounded a little like Jack was going to have to weigh becoming the new Boogieman or not. I've never seen a script online though.

It'll be fine. He didn't direct the first one, and probably won't direct this one either. It's almost fitting.

>not even stop-motion movies are safe from the shitty love-action treatment

Hoe the fuck would skeletons and fantastical horror creatures work in "live action"? And is there any way for Tim Burton to veto this?

Please. No more.

Attached: sad dong.png (486x479, 154K)

if they'd made a live action nightmare before christmas back in the 90s with practical effects would Jack have had a real skull shaped skull or would he have had a cartoony stylized one

FUCKING STOP ALREADY GISNEP

Attached: MOTHERFUCKING DELET THIS RIGHT FUCKING NOW.jpg (586x575, 49K)

There is no way that this won't turn out to be shit.

Attached: i'm literally crushing you right now.jpg (800x1000, 408K)

...but it's already live-action. Everything is puppets/claymation.

Attached: 1525549713670.gif (500x500, 1.71M)

No, user!
Animation takes time and money!
We gotta save costs and shove our celebrities in your face so more people will see the movie and therefore we make more money!

And let me JUST guess ... Sally is going to have a much BIGGER and more EMPOWERED role in this one just like the new fucking Jasmine did in Aladdin.

Seriously, they should have just called that remake Jasmine. It was more about her than it was about Aladdins story.

Attached: 2709146jzmg.jpg (960x1200, 203K)

Don't forget the video game

Get us off this ride

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 209K)

Most of them will be CGI. Jack? A CGI skeleton. Most of the other monsters? CGI. Sally will be an actress with cheap make up cause barely any actress these days is willing to put up with crazy make up. It will just look like those shitty live action Alice in Wonderland movies or that ass Nutcracker and the Realms of Flop live action garbage.

>live action
>It’s just a cgi cartoon with realistic artstyle
It’s all dumb.

Unironically yes if you're talking about 2D.

Why murder him when you can just #metoo him?

This

Attached: Bob-Iger-Harvey-Weinstein.jpg (618x412, 49K)

Can't wait to see Black Skellington!

FUCK. YOU. DISNEY.

FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOOOOOOOU.

FUCK YOU WITH A RUSTY, BLOODY, DIRTY BUTTER KNIFE AND FUCK EVERYONE YOU'VE EVER KNOWN.

FUCK.

YOU.

Attached: 1270786635690.jpg (560x763, 91K)

I never knew I wanted this

live action jack skellington sounds utterly terrifying and not in a deliberate way either

But how are they going to turn Jack black?

Are they going to hire Jack Black?

Attached: 1517395421458.png (459x307, 127K)

Wtf? Just give it to Laika please don’t make it live action holy fuck NO

>disney rips off Grim Tales from Down Below
>bleedman can't do shit about it because none of them were his original characters
holy shit, imagine

Attached: 1546899299674.jpg (900x900, 159K)

I really liked her in the Alladin remake and she has a great song so I can't be too upset

That's a big mistake.

Attached: Bill_Wilson-0.jpg (716x768, 79K)

Hell, Disney could probably buy Laika. After a string of failures (especially after Missing Link) the studio is likely not in good financial straights, you can only hemorrhage Nike money for so long before shutting down is the only acceptable next step. How much negotiating power do they really have? Disney could maybe even by Laika for cheap.

i cant even muster enough energy for disgust

Attached: 1484277699318.png (329x298, 174K)

I'd honestly fucking watch a movie about Jack and Sally's edgy teen kids

can't wait for the era where they make 2D animated remakes of disney's live action content

Stop motion doesn't deserve this man.

>they're a chad in a a letterman jacket and a bubbly blonde girl respectively
>"where did we go wrong sally? why are kids today so unwholesome?"

You know they'll hire Depp for Jack, you just know. Helena for Sally. Get Tim in the director's chair since he'll want to one up Selick

please stop

I want off Mr. Bone's Wild Ride

Live action remakes renew expiring copyrights.

Depp is dead to Disney now.

depp got his name cleared after he revealed heard was abusing him

FUCKING IGERRRRRRRRRRRR AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: 1537417701078.jpg (330x328, 9K)

no he didn't.

I thought Disney was just making cash grabs.

Attached: billciphers paranorman tumblr fan art nortman aggie agatha norgatha _55045906751_1.jpg (590x597, 115K)

> Jack and Sally's kids
> aka the offspring of a skeleton and a ragdoll

How would this work again?

Doesn't matter. PotC flopped with him at the helm, he's dead to them.

Why don't they just kill it themselves now and save time?

mutant stork delivers them?

sally knits herself a womb

and jack a penis if need be