This is easily the worst thing DC has ever put out

This is easily the worst thing DC has ever put out.

Attached: RCO001_1562156069.jpg (1041x1600, 649K)

so are you storytiming or what? it's only six issues so it clearly can't be the worst.

I’m mad because it’s such a waste of potential

Did it get any better? I read the first issue and noped the fuck out.

Identity Crisis still exists

The first issue is a masterpiece compared to the sixth.

Amazons Attack still exists.

Also that story where everyone loses their powers and Wonder Woman converts to Christianity.

It can make sense if it was actually a dream of Scott Free daydreaming about his strong wife.

The womyn of Apokolyps stage a rebellion and chase away all the men. And Darkseid greatest secret is that he is a coward and runs away, leaving them in charge.

Attached: 2.jpg (850x1306, 234K)

Attached: 1.jpg (850x1306, 262K)

People who try to lionize Darkseid are the worst.

Yea Forums serious question, why do Comic companies feel the need to broaden their target audience for the sake of quality (don't tell me SJW comics aren't real fuck you), I get its for the shekels but don't they realize that comics have always been a niche thing and that in trying to go for an unsure market they're losing their old one. I get that they're trying to strike while the iron is hot because of the movies but lets get real, I don't know anyone who started to buy comics because of the movies.

Identity Crisis is Watchmen when compared to the absolute travesty that id Heroes in Crisis.

Nah, people like castellucci who think evil means rapist and piggish like Weinstein are the worst.

Not all comic sales are attached to one another.
Amazons Attack had no positive or negative impact on Pinocchio Vampire Slayer. Even from DC to DC this story is so detached it matters to something like GL sales as The Flintstones did years back, which is next to none.
So this comic could just be attempts at SJW appeal sales. It could just be a writer had a contract and free reign to do whatever wish fulfillment they want. It could be they legit thought it would be the next Prez/Flintstones/TopCat/Etc. At the end of the day the failures get forgotten or join the list of StorytimeOfPain options.

As for synergy with more popular medias it honestly is more effective than you realize. Not even just for modern times. Back in the day they made a Swamp Thing movie and it did good enough that DC began a new run of the comic, which lead to Alan Moore's Swampthing which was absolutely amazing. All thanks to popularity from movies.

>easily

I mean they are putting out a lot of shitty books, that's and hard choice.

True True, well said my nigga. Just sad there's a lot of painful to read comics in circulation atm

Well I’m glad I stopped at 1 then

Something like this though intentionally misreads and misconstrues the type of character darkseid is just to tell a MeToo capeshit story.

Characterization here is almost as bad as a Tom King book.

Wait wat. Granny Goodness isn't subservient to Darkseid anymore. Why'd they butcher her character

The writer doesn't care she's one of those people who find comics a silly thing to foray into and that anyone who thinks things like characterization matter are just meanies who she wasn't even writing for.

Who the fuck is the writer? They do know Granny trains child soldiers and tortures people. What the fuck is this shit

They're like 75-200 comics out a week according to comicslist. You'll always get some stinkers, maybe even majority stinkers like any media where there is always more rough than diamonds.
Just gotta keep looking for stuff you enjoy.

MRA activists back in action. Where were you last issue?

Not him but that doesn't matter. Especially with capeshit/big 2. People have a specific itch and rather than scratching it most books are offering to scratch the itch of people who prefer to use bacitracin.

its easily better than anything King has ever put out

Uh, I read that wrong.

Attached: 181007184119-furry-costume-pink-wolf-super-tease.jpg (1100x619, 84K)

Most implies majority. As in of those 75-200 a week 35-101 a week are like this, which is untrue.
COULD certain books you don't like or don't enjoy get more promotion or sales than you think deserve? Hell yes, I personally still think Lumberjanes looks like crap.
But are most books coming out each week like the thing you don't like? No that's a retarded overestimation or overreaction.

You could say most comics that are coming out you don't enjoy, because that is your tastes. But to say Heroes In Crisis and Female Furies both had the specific same problems you'd be wrong. They're both bad for different reasons.

That's right. He's not a lion.

He's a tiger.

It's better than Omega Men?
Better than Vision?

Superman & Batman Generations 3
Cry for Justice
Heroes in Crisis

>Le not everything has to be for you
I never said it did.

This isn't a fruitful back and forth so why have it? You're slightly less critical than I am. That's all.

you act like as if not every modern comic is the same sjw/feminist shit over and over again

Fucking lmao

That might actually save this comic

I am less critical, but you're also being incorrect in your critiques, like blaming the same problem to be the cause to a larger series of bad comics than it actually is.

Nope.

This is.

Both preexisting failed ideas, brought out to stir up controversy but fucking bland and lacking in any actual political stance while trying to draw out the minimal existing plot that nobody remembers them.

Both were sold as being the book for your side of a very sticky and complex evolving cultural landmark, but neither actually dealt with any real issues relating to their subject matter. It was the equivalent of releasing a book called “F*ck Tha J. League” during the Rodney King riots, but having it be about the tame romantic misadventures of a D-list member of the Justice League.

Seriously. How many people here remember that this existed? How many people who remember it actually liked it?

Its not even interesting enough for youtube personalities to make discussions about.

Attached: 22215F4B-A1CD-4631-BB31-0633EDE4DBC7.jpg (954x733, 361K)

Presented without comment.

Attached: ohnonononono.jpg (1041x1600, 582K)

The final Kirby story is just him desperately fleeing from Orion so yeah

I thought Darkseid hated tigers he's always complaining about Tigra and saying how Orion is a wild cat and uncaged tiger just like her.

Stop conflating anons I didn't do this.

Is this an Elseworld then?

Fleeing from Orion does not, in itself, mean you are a coward.

Attached: Darkseid.jpg (970x1411, 494K)

No, it is a Shitworld.

They're relatively new. They were gonna call it 'Brown Label'. But they thought this was more on-the-nose (ew).

>Cry for Justice

Reminder that it was nominated for an Eisner.

Dont worry Bois after Cecil has done shitting on Darkseid, Its Highfather/Orion turn to get Trashed.

>Darkseid is some comedy relief cuck now
The tumblr generation was a mistake

>Fleeing from Orion does not, in itself, mean you are a coward.
Kinda does.

Disagree, Identity crisis will always be worse both in content amd widespread collateral damage.

Darkseid has literally never won a fight

he's running from his fate, Only Orion can kill him, the Spectre fucked him up and he just came right back.

I'd rather more of that.

Absolutely is

I read it as Female Furries

>Why'd they butcher her character
Because DC sucks at picking character to turn into Female role models.

Say what you want about what Marvel did to Ms Marvel/Captain Marvel, at least it was a better pick than Harley Quinn and Granny Goodness.

Running from your fate is what cowards do.

Green Team died so fast I couldn't even find time to hate it.
Movement was hot garbage. Especially that story with the one girl who just fucks right after meeting this one guy who's wanted by the police and just assumed because the police wanted this fugitive that he was innocent???

Its worse.

The Movement was such disingenuous bullshit where at least female furies is coming from a genuine place.

sue dibney fownd

No it's not, Amazons attack was a dumb as a brick story that could only happen if everyone behaves like an idiot.

Because more money. There is also the possibility that the actual audience doesnt make them enough money.

I do not see tht directly as a bad thing. Rape is certaily an evil act. Although its odd to thnk tht darkseid even has genitals let alone a sex drive.

Darkseid isn't concerned with flesh or rape. He's concerned with complete and utter control. If you don't have a problem with it it's because you see nothing wrong with all villains just bein blanketly similar.

>misreads and misconstrues the type of character darkseid
Hardly the first time they shit on him though, especially recently.
New Gods in general have been handled like shit but yeah this book does set a new low bar.

It's because faggots can't accept mythology without demonizing fictional beings and casting them as humanly flawed. Essentially the same type of people who think Zeus is nothing but a serial rapist or that Odin is more than a patriarchal asshole. They can't accept the concepts of the old gods so obviously they can't accept what Kirby was doing with the new gods.

As shitty as this book is I'm happy to see classic Steppenwolf. I hate the new design.

Not him but I have a hard time taking hunger dogs seriously. It was Kirby trying to tie up his entire epic in a single book after a 15 year hiatus where he forgot a lot of what he wanted to do. We missed out on basicly everything kirby intended to do with Darkseid and Orion/ the new gods leading to a rushed and abrupt ending.

In the book there is a bar called the fire pits. A bar on apokalips.

Still not as dumb as Amazons Attack.

Gotta have genitals to make sons to disappoint him.

>The only thing darkseid wans to jam his dick in is your spirit of freedom and hope!

Orion is prophecy/destined to kill Darkseid, him retreating would be like you or I avoiding a gun pointed at us by somebody we knows hates us.

But it's still cowardice.

There's nothing wrong with Darkseid being cowardly/pragmatic, he's been that a lot of times.

There's everything wrong with turning Granny into a feminist empowerment character and pretending that women refusing to have sex and serve food would cripple Apokolips.

Attached: anarky 002 022 citizen pain dcp.jpg (1536x2391, 2.16M)

I don't know, DC has pit out ALOT of terrible things during its long history as a company.

Anything is better than another Superman beats everybody book, or a Batman outthinks literal gods again...storyline. Every other book is about Superman or Batman...it used to be a trinity but now it's just basically those two hogging up all the good plots.

So yeah, I'm not surprised that the writers are so bored writing the same material that they're having fun writing this book. It's a welcome change, I'm not a huge fan of the book but it was nice to read something that was actually different.

Green Team wasn't awful, just bland, boring, and completely unrelated to the marketing.

The Movement is a very strong contender for worst New 52 book

>Anything is better than another Superman beats everybody book, or a Batman outthinks literal gods again
>Every other book is about Superman or Batman
>it used to be a trinity
Clueless casualfag or bait?

>There's everything wrong with turning Granny into a feminist empowerment character
f you're gonna complain about a comic then it would do you good to actually read it first.

>y-y-you t-t-take t-tha-t-t back user

Attached: 23022438.jpg (186x279, 17K)

>reading anything past the first issue of this shitheap
Nope

I would argue Bloodlines and Rise of Arsenal are worse

I think OP is just mad because "muh SJW take on the new gods" triggered him

>that women refusing to have sex and serve food would cripple Apokolips.

That certainly is tired real world politics seeping in. Thats like 1950s womens lib. Thts probably what she intended to write but it doesnt come off like that.

On darkseid rebelion would be like comforting cryig children and not dong things that harm others.

No. It suck because She is rebooting what Kirby wrote in the past for " muh Misogyny in Planet Hell "

She's actually pretty close to what Kirby wrote.

again - targeting it because its "SJW".

Get laid and read more comics, OP. This is far from the worst thing they've published. If anything it's just aggressively mediocre

He's the tiger-force at the heart of all things, user.

I dont see some biblical space epic tale that Kirby wrote.
I dont see Good vs Evil, Nature vs Nurture all i see is SJW propaganda in Planet Hell.
btw user i suppose you also like Tom King Self insering in Scott Free do you?

>Fleeing from Orion means you are a coward

In what universe would this be true? Orion is the ultimate badass.

I Told why it suck.
>Granny raped by Darkseid Weinstein
>Heggra killed by Granny
>Furries being abused because they are female
>Darkseid's elite being chosen by gender and not through merit.

Is this what Kirby wanted for his SPACE EPIC TALE?

Kirby's fourth world was all about how fascism is an institution that relies on backstabbers and crushing indoctrination.

Ah. And how long have you had these delusions?

A common misreading apparently.

Attached: FF.jpg (194x259, 11K)

Tell That to DC comics, They are shitting on my boy since Timm wrote that Fucking episode on the new gods in Superman TAS.

It is what literally everybody does. It's called 'life'.

It is a thorn in my flesh. They view everything at their own scale.

Never mind Steppenwolf died many years before Darkseid took control of Apokalips.

Well, the long short is that Granny was one of the people ignoring the femme's complaints on account of her getting raped by darkseid himself (she was hotter back then.) This was until a femme was murdered by her molester.

It would be a good storyline if not delievered in such a hollow and obvious manner.

Sorry, I missed all of this in this new series because of a baking contest.

Attached: Orion talks.jpg (2550x1889, 1.76M)

What the fuck even happened with this. It's like it never came out

Attached: images.jpg (308x163, 13K)

And Squirrel Girl won, Eisners mean nothing anymore

That, at least, is how the soldier god should go out.

>Remember when the new gods had effort put into them?
>remember when high father was
important?
>remember when the source was more than the plot device of the month?
>remember when the new gods weren't pointless jobbers relegated to side characters at best?

>He's concerned with complete and utter control
Rape can be an act of complete and utter control the problem is the book portrayed it as Darksied being horny instead of him trying to break Granny's will

Attached: mister-miracle-tom-king-5-665x1024.jpg (665x1024, 142K)

As shit as this book was it gave us this wonderful edit so it's not the worst book when things like Convergence exists

Attached: 1549756300689.jpg (1200x348, 193K)

Off screen? To justify Batman busting Darkseid Skull with the radion bullet?

>DAE THINK THE NEW GODS ARE PLATONIC IDEALS

It was just a Lump-generated dream.

Thinking outside the box. Off-screen may very well be the only way Darkseid COULD kill Orion.

100% Canon, This and Tom King"aka I hate Orion because he's cool like Wolverine" Writting the New Gods movie will destroy my angry boi reputation for Good.

Man.all i ask is that DC Fixes the new gods with Daddy Simonson as a writer.

>Lump
Really? I always thought it was Final Crisis-era Scott Free tumbling around in the Omega Sanction. Would've explained a lot about that final scene, plus it wonderfully shits on the final exchange because it would imply Barda is actually the Omega Sanction taunting Scott directly.

>100% Canon

Just a Lump-generated dream.

The baby in that comic is literally Lump interacting with them to keep Scott there.

Maybe.

This isn’t even the worse thing DC has put out this year, hell this wasn’t half as bad as Batman Metal and Heroes in Crisis

Convergence was a fun nonsense battle royale.

Metal wasn't bad no matter what anyone says.

It was pretty awful user, like a 14 year old’s pitch for what would make a cool comic during his lunch break

It's worse than that, it's a designed by commitee story aimed at what 14 year olds would think is cool.

Clearly, you’ve never read Cry For Justice.

Not the worst of all time, but still shitty. Heck, most of DC’s current quality is pretty shit sadly.

They been shitting on Orion since Starlin wrote Cosmic Odyssey.

Look at king's interview for this book and his Mister Miracle origin, King doesn't like Orion and self-inserts as Scott Free.
Baby morphs into the lump and King has the characters refer to Scott's baby as a lump. Plus the whole video effect since in the Kirby comics when Scott's mind was connected to the lump the other New gods could see what was happening through a screen.

Kirby's dead user.
Also, all comic writers/artists know the risk when they create IP's for a big corporation like Marvel or DC, said risk being that it's going to be passed through multiple hands. You think Bob Kane and Bill Finger would be happy with any incarnation of Batman from the last four decades? You think Siegel and Shuster would care for many of the incarnations of Superman? Your argument is faulty because it relies on the premise of artistic vision being the exception in certain cases but anything published under a big corporation is subject to whatever said corporation wants to do with it.

that ain't female jack

Yeah but once this comic is done no one is going to give a shit about it anymore.

What about Cry for Justice? Or that one Arsenal comic where he shoots heroin in an alley while talking to a dead cat?

King's Batman is still be published too