Stupidest critcism you've heard

>But muh Optimus would never kill!
Oh shut the fuck up, Of all the problems the film adaptations have, This is not one, In G1 comics, Optimus did kill people, In Transformers Prime, Optimus regularly plowed through nameless Decepticons, Hell, Even Bumblebee, The fucking darling Transformers film of the internet and so called savior of the franchise, He shot and rammed through a wave of them, Before you reference the scene where he shot a human, In Prime, Optimus threw a robot through the roof of a warehouse, Crushing a guy inside, Find something else to complain about

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (2048x1273, 336K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9NQ-h3FpjR8
youtube.com/watch?v=Di5WIgs2CdU
youtube.com/watch?v=e3P0ffFk9g8
youtu.be/fMKZiNE5Fw0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Cool thread.

I think every Optimus has a latent "fuck your shit" side. Bayformers Optimus was just more in tune with it. Even G1 regularly solved problems with his rifle and made snide remarks about his enemies.

Don't get me wrong, I love MurderPrime, but there's a big difference between ramming into your enemies in truck mode and ripping their faces off. I can understand why some people might be put off by that.

I've never seen anyone complain about Optimus killing, only about him not doing so in self-defense and also outright mercilessly executing (sentinel prime.)
And there's also that time he murdered Megatron.

No one is against Optimus killing Decepticons, he’s in a billion year war for god sake. The problem is Bay Prime being a murder happy psycho. Optimus was always sad taking lives because he was advancing the extinction of his doomed race

>also outright mercilessly executing (sentinel prime.)
I can't even, Okay, Listen, Sentinel was Optimus' old mentor and father figure discovered Sentinel and revives, Said father figure betrays him murders Ironhhide(One of Optimus' closest friends), and countless other Autobots, He then joins the Decepticons, wants to revive Cybertron at the cost of destroying Earth and the extinction of humanity, Optimus decides to protect humanity only because he believes it's the right thing,Goes against Sentinel, This was the closest thing Optimus had to a father betraying him, He was reasonably pissed and took it personally, It doesn't help that immediately after, Humans betray and hunt down his kind, So him becoming kill crazy makes sense if consider the dark arc he goes through in the movies
>he murdered Megatron
youtube.com/watch?v=9NQ-h3FpjR8

>Stupidest criticism you've heard
>There are too many giant monsters in the this giant monster moive!

Attached: tumblr_pqw0l28XEx1qhfxqk_540.gif (400x225, 1.87M)

youtube.com/watch?v=Di5WIgs2CdU
Literally the only difference between Bumblebee Optimus and Bay Optimus is that the kills are mroe PG friendly

It not about Optimus never kill since it stupid, he a soldier in a war. But it one thing when he kill during a battle, intentionally or not, it another thing that he kill a defenceless human, even if that human was a villain. It go against what the Autobot stand for.

I never saw Bumblebee, I’m talking more comic/cartoon

GO watch Transformers Prime, In it Optimus and his team regularly fight through Vehicons, These are all meant to be ordinary Cybertonians, and yes they're confirmed to kill them, In one episode Optimus ripped an Insecticon's circuits out of his body

>another thing that he kill a defenceless human, even if that human was a villain
youtube.com/watch?v=e3P0ffFk9g8

They're also confirmed to be sentient in multiple episodes. At the very least he doesn't torture them like Ratchet did when he was on steroids.

>Intentionally
>Defenceless
That guy was controlling a clone of Optimus so he not exactly defenceless. Not only that, Optimus was fighting, how should he know that the roof would give in and they will fall on the guy. In the movie Optimus just shoot the guy in the face.

Optimus and Megatron engaging in a mutual battle to the death =/= Optimus murdering a noncombative Megatron

Watch the episode, An FBI dude was already there fighting him, Optimus only came here because he knew the pilot was over here, What the fuck did you think he was gonna do to him?, Bake him cakes so that he'll be too distracted to pilot it? He didn't seem all too remorseful or have much regret after Nemesis crashed, Before you say this dude dissected Breakdown and killed his own men, The main villain of AoE basically did the same thing ten times over, Atleast this guy only did it to one Decepticon who was already found dead

>Optimus murdering a noncombative Megatron
Which time?, Megatron had a blaster with him and it was implied that the truce thing was just a ruse

Didn’t G1 Optimus mow down a bunch of Decepticons like he was Rambo? Regardless you don’t stay a Prime for as long as he did in a war that lasted thousands of years that literally destroyed your planet and pretty much your entire species by playing nice. He may not want it to go on but he’s not just going to stand by and watch shit happen without breaking some heads to fulfill the promise he made, especially if the Autobots or even the new home of a planet they are on is in danger.
Except that Sentinel completely betrayed him as well as killed Ironhide, and would have done the same to the rest of the Autobots, including Optimus which cost him his arm. Hell he was going to turn Optimus into a sword kebab had Megatron not intervened.

That truce was bullshit and you know it

>Using Prime as an example
Not your best argument

'tis a newly found principle,
surely one quite effective
a means to end desolations
an optimus' prime directive.

Attached: 1550601181763.jpg (1917x795, 192K)

right. or executing an ex-teammate who's literally begging for mercy at your feet. Not exactly a heroic thing to do

Megatron would just have shot Optimus in the back if he wanted him dead, like the last time he killed him. It wasn't a rusecruise.

Didn't the guy brutally kill Ironhide awhile ago?

What if he came back with more Decepticons?

Attached: Bay was G1 Accurate.gif (480x270, 3.76M)

>an ex-teammate who's literally begging
He betrayed the Autobots and killed a dozen of them, He was ready to exterminate Humanity, Optimus felt betrayed and took it harsh

is it bad I'd like to see a continuity where Optimus is basically Guts from Berserk including the suffering.

Kill in battle - yes.
Execute gang style - no.

Given the bayformers are a perfect example of the "just turn ur brain off lamo" mentality in action, there's not a lot to discuss or protest for this thing that resembles the Prime many knew.
Bearing all this in mind, his murderhobo scenes are the only noteworthy points in any of the live action films. Not for portrayal of a character, because prime is scarcely himself. But because his rip and tear scenes demonstrate the kind of insanity we could have gotten instead

Either way Optimus still committed a war crime

shit I meant to tagnot

>IF YOU DON'T KILL THEM ON SIGHT YOU ARE A FASCIST SYMPATHIZER
>IF YOU REDEEM THEM AND THEY STOP DOING THE THINGS THAT MADE THEM BAD AND WORK TO FIX THINGS YOU ARE EXCUSING FASCISM

Internet discourse really went to shit in the past few years.

I am always in awe of how seriously people take Transformers. I'm not saying i'm better; I love me giant robots and such and I've spent god knows how many weeks now of my life watching them, but the rabidity and seriousness people treat this franchise that isn't all that great (again, perfectly fine and I've watched and enjoyed worse, but I don't act so strident about people making new Mazinger stuff that doesn't match the original or so on, for example). It's something if it was say a Giant Gorg or so on, but it's Transformers. The loyalty and attatchment some people have to the franchise is mind boggling at times, especially when such people refuse to watch anything else with robots in it.

>prime
The writers for that show were beyond retarded, there were so many times that the decepticons could have easily killed all the autobots that were causing them trouble like this one youtu.be/fMKZiNE5Fw0 but they didn't because the good guys always need to win.

The Transformers are all soldiers, fighting a brutal war with super-advanced weapons and technology. They are also explicitly built to be gladiators and knights, at least the Big Bois like Prime and Megatron.
Anyone who thinks that Autobots don't kill is a fucking mongoloid.

>implying anyone on Cybertron, which is Mad Max levels of fucked, cares about war crimes

I don't think the problem is the fact that different versions of the franchise are different, I think the problem is the inconsistency within the movies. Optimus acts all righteous and noble but at the same time he is executing unarmed people who have surrendered.

If they are on earth shouldn't they be subject to earth laws?

Why should they be?

Iirc Prime was envisioned as being suited for the older audience but the network wanted something oriented more towards kids like Animated.

Because they are getting humans involved and they sure as hell cant hold themselves accountable so somebody has to, I guess that was kinda what that one with Kelsey Grammer was about.

They're 20 ton war machines with alien technology from another planet. How the fuck are you going to enforce laws on them.
Besides, Transformers have been on Earth longer than Humans have.
Also what the fuck is an "earth law" lmao

The laws on earth apply to whatever place on earth they are. There is no way humans would just let these big ass killer robots do whatever the fuck they want.

There is no way they can stop them. Even the Bayformer movies had to bend over backwards to explain how humans captured any of the Transformers and it makes no fucking sense.
Optimus should only really care about Humans because the creed of the Primes being about protecting all sentient life, that doesn't mean their laws matter.

>His Optimism Lost

Optimus would probably surrender willingly, and I guess they could use the rest of the autobots to round up other cybertronians? idk the movies are super inconsistent with just about everything.

>Optimus did kill people
alien robots aren't people
>Optimus threw a robot through the roof of a warehouse, Crushing a guy inside
he survived with broken bones

why not continue the Animated story then?

What, you saying Optimus Prime aren't a people?

that's like saying dogs are people too
no, he's part of a separate species, and in the case of Optimus he's an alien too

Because Animated got canceled, then the War for Cybertron games came out and it was decided that they wanted a 3DCGI G1 reboot to match WFC and the aesthetic of the movies.

He was gonna do in in the 80s movie, prime and idw

He didn't survive, He was terminally injured, His men had to turn him into a machine/human hybrid abomination to save him

>ripping their faces off
>Dude forced his brothers into killing themselves so that he can't cause the extinction of humanity, Later films imply he was also trying to free a planet eating monster god
No offense but most of Prime's kills are justified, This isn't out of character, In Prime he stomped on Megatron's face, Then turned the wheels on his foot mutilating his face before executing him

No one has a problem with Optimus killing, the problem is when he's saying psychotic shit like GIVE ME YOUR FACE when doing it. Bayformer Prime's penchant for tearing off faces is borderline parody.

>warcrime
They completely destroyed their own planet and fought themselves to near extinction over a single war that lasted millions of years, and Sentinels stunt pretty much insured that Cybertron would never be repaired again, let alone to an extent for life to actually function there. Something tells me the word war crime means absolutely nothing in that scenario.
Why would they be subject to Earth laws when Optimus saved everyones asses by getting rid of that traitorous fuck? Almost every kill Prime made was completely justified, he wasn’t just going around blowing everything up for shits and giggles.
>inb4 megatron
Megatron was the reason why Sentinel turned and killed Ironhide and almost Optimus and the entire planet. Ripping and tearing aside he did literally nothing wrong.

What's the point when the fucking humans betray the autobots to use their flesh.

Nobody is right. Fucking Bay.

>I think every Optimus has a latent "fuck your shit" side
Not our golden boy
He was a better Optimus than Optimus

Attached: op_point.jpg (320x233, 16K)

Not >Optimus-m lost

In an earlier draft, that truce was how the movie ended, Decepticons go home to rebuild Cybertron, Autobots stay on Earth.

No, he totally had one, it probably just wasn't as obvious about it

>Let's hear it, the usual "destiny and honor" speech
>Speech this.
That was a a total "fuck your shit" move.

>He betrayed the Autobots and killed a dozen of them
He killed Ironhide, but who else? He was meant to kill Skids and Mudflap, but they were dropped from the movie instead.

Most if beast machines has primal being absolutley done with megatrons shit

I can never look past that show's CG to watch it and I have no nostalgia for it, so I don't know anything about it. You could tell me he dresses drag and I'd believe you.

Warcrimes don't apply to terrorists or people that break the laws of engagement which Sentinel did by making a deal with the UN then going against it.

And according to Cybertron law Optimus has the right to judge and execute traitorous Autobots as he, the Prime and bearer of the Matrix of Leadership sees fit. And Sentinel even rejected taking command and the matrix himself earlier, so he can't even claim he's higher ranked.

Earth laws as far as killing humans is concerned yeah. They certainly won't protect the Cybertronians if they try to call them out especially since Decepticons are terrorists according to their actions who aren't protected by law.

buddy there was an entire episode of him going apeshit pun intended

Attached: Gorilla Warfare.webm (640x480, 2.84M)

>borderline
More like full blown with movie 4.

Sentinel was a two faced bastard that constantly lied his way through the story and went back on everything he said to everyone, ending with him telling Optimus in his moment of near victory that he was planning on cutting all the other Transformers out and ruling over the humans like a God.

So yeah he didn't mean any of his mercy speech and you probably couldn't put it past him to try to shoot Optimus the instant he lowered his aim. Guys like that can't be trusted with mercy.

Optimus was a hero.

Attached: RCO013_1496050913.jpg (1079x1600, 684K)

There is a difference between being a professional soldier and some kind of axe wielding maniac.

Bay prime is an Axe wielding maniac.

He deadass threatened Cade immediately when awakened.

>Be surrounded by humans who go on to betray him
>Go into slumber for months after getting hunted endlessly and watching his friends die
>Implying you wouldn't suddenly wake up from the nightmares and threaten any human around you to stay back
Nigga probably thought he was gonna get Pharma'd.

While not defending Mr. Give Me Your Face, I think part of the appeal of this Optimus is that he's an unintended "PUNISHED" war hero who's tired and betrayed through countless eons of fighting. Hell, if there was depth to it all, we could've had a proper subversion or a role reversal featuring the nationalist Megatron who would kill another world to save his, and the brutal Optimus whose entire life has become nothing but fighting the Decepticons and their endless quest for alien genocide.

TLDR: A decent take on Bay Prime would amusingly be a Zack Snyder Optimus Prime.

Attached: In another world, he was the hero it never deserved.webm (1000x416, 2.95M)

OOooh that one genuinely pissed me off.
>People bitched and moaned that the 2014 was took itself too seriously and needed more focus on the Monsters instead of the humans.

Also how the fuck did Pacific Rim avoid the criticism that KOTM got? Both are fun movies with nice fight scenes yet people seemed to understand that PacRim was a big budget B movie yet couldn't grasp that KOTM was doing the same thing.

Thing was that the robots were piloted by humans while the monsters were monsters.

A lot of normie critics can't understand robots or monsters as characters, nor as the main thing the audience wants to see. They only understand humans and star actors as the draw.

>The Space Squid makes no sense!

Attached: Alienmonster.jpg (500x369, 205K)

On of the villains defects early on and dies quoting Shakespeare after kicking all of his former allies' asses.

Optimus got betrayed how many times and has had pretty much all of his close friends killed after surviving eons of nonstop war. He is pretty much a walking example of Punished Snake, and that isn’t even bringing in the other shit that happened to him like being brainwashed. And yet despite it all he still resolutely sticks to what has pretty much become his sole purpose of destroying the Decepticons and any threat to both him, the rest of the Autobots, and the planet, for better or worse.

It's supposed to make no sense. That's the point.

It makes plenty of sense within the context of the setting and the story. They spend a lot of time teasing it and explaining how it works in the story and why Ozymandias chose a space alien for the conspiracy.

Yes, but for the general public so it works as an alien attack, I get what yoy mean.

I love the fact that even when brainwashed as Nemesis Prime, he merely threatens the humans for Merlin's staff, and doesn't just kill them all and take it. But no, he shows no mercy to blatantly evil characters, so he's a psychopath!

I can never understand why people shit on the cgi in ReBoot/Beast Wars. Sure, it was early (ReBoot was the first half-hour cgi show, and came out a year before Toy Story), but it was COMPETENT. When people say "unwatchable cgi" I think of things like that cgi Voltron series and Monster by Mistake, not Beast Wars.

Modern audiences just can't be bothered, sadly. Which is sad, Mainframe's output is far above competent if not just in animation but writing and acting wise.

They're being childish. Do you call King Kong 'bad puppetry'?

Shadow Raiders had some of the best composition I have seen in a cartoon, but people still would say "PS1 cutscene".

>Shadow Raiders had some of the best composition I have seen in a cartoon, but people still would say "PS1 cutscene".
Fuck those people.

>but people still would say "PS1 cutscene".

shit like that triggers me, if the story, characters and action holds up, who cares if the animation is dated.

It's basically comes down to formula, Critics are all shills to specific tropes or oblivious to their own hypocrisy, Del Toro is a famous Director so of course they're gonna have their bias, Same thing with Wine critics, All of them taste the same but show them a fancy label and they'll actually wank it off

There are people right now shitting on the first Toy Story. Like, fucking how?

Bizarrely enough the first Pacific Rim had some shitty reviews from critics. But now Del Toro is a 'genius'. Fuck the critics.

Why are you talking like that?

Yeah how come people don’t react more to that fact honestly? Transformers are nothing new to earth and have been coming and going since the fucking dinosaurs age

Honestly, I like Bayformers Prime being just an utter madman far beyond saving and all he knows now is war and killing.

But yeah, while the "would never kill" thing is wrong, the critisms that he doesn't really carry any core ideals of Prime (compassion, hope ect) are valid.

Also jfc all these fucking Prime babies, watch another Transformers show and you'll see that Prime has been way more brutal than Prime's "I shall dynasty warrior all these mooks"

I completely disagree about him not having any core ideals.

A bot with no core ideals would have started melting all the humans around the fourth movie. Instead he only melted some humans, and saved the rest.