Thoughts on his character? Did the movie do him justice? I loved the twist and enjoyed most of his fight scenes

Thoughts on his character? Did the movie do him justice? I loved the twist and enjoyed most of his fight scenes

Attached: spider-man-far-from-home-mysterio-jake-gyllenhaal-1170228-1280x0.jpg (1280x718, 96K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BX6mQWz_jTM
books.google.com/books?id=DGthDgAAQBAJ&pg=PA139&lpg=PA139&dq=John Semper Jr. punching&source=bl&ots=YzsRCMvsKF&sig=ACfU3U3VwfHcVWwDx3QPRvdF3i2FzAaNbg&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjO3rrg5pnjAhWLZd8KHRVFC0AQ6AEwD3oECAkQAQ#v=onepage&q=John Semper Jr. punching&f=false
youtube.com/watch?v=APIKVLw1tT0
youtube.com/watch?v=wdh1BFiz83U
youtube.com/watch?v=aJZny1N0yJM
youtube.com/watch?v=55cHsXiDr2s
youtube.com/watch?v=EYBWxoAZfNk
youtu.be/3WfbWWz9KAs
youtube.com/watch?v=K1MZIU_feIk
vocaroo.com/i/s0qS55SSHRhE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

As someone who wasn't at all familiar with the comics, I loved him. I notice all the hardcore Spider-Man fans are saying it was obvious all his fights were faked, but to me it was a genuine surprise, and I felt like the scenes where he took full advantage of his illusions were spectacular and fun. As someone who's in animation, I also really respect how they showed him basically having an animation/effects crew who worked with him, rather than handwaving it all as something he could do solo with his tech.

At least from a normie perspective, I think he was definitely one of the most entertaining villains in the MCU. His motivations might not have been deep and his ambitions not been high, but his premise made all the confrontations with Spider-Man very visually interesting. A character like Killmonger might have a deeper motivation, but the fights are ultimately just Black Panther fighting a different colored Black Panther. Mysterio was more on par with Dr. Strange.

Attached: america.gif (250x200, 3.81M)

>Backstory retcon to have something to do with Tony Stark: the franchise

Since I don’t follow many comics, and never read any with Mysterio, when they namedropped him, I was a bit confused cause I thought Mysterio was a villain, but I wasn’t sure. The twist did get me, especially with the abruptness of it.

I liked how much he started chewing the scenery after the twist. Before that I thought he was boring as shit and wondered why Gyllenhaal even bothered, but then post twist he went full acting ham and it was great.

I can't wait for him to come back The guy is a master of misdirection like he's just gonna get shot and die especially since he has to prepare all his illusions in advance so one of him getting shot in the gut and giving up to spider-man was fake too

Jake was so charismatic compared to literally everyone else in the movie and maybe even franchise I honestly wouldn't have minded Mysterio winning. I mean I guess he did kind of win in the end if he just wanted to fuck Peter over but honestly who cares about that.

The one thing I didn't like about Mysterio was they made him 'unstable' instead of just having legitimate gripes with his treatment by Stark. I can overlook him being connected to Stark like seemingly other villain left in the work, but heaven forbid they not be crazy for doing so. Mysterio was right - his tech was fucking great with unlimited commercial and military application and Stark used it to talk to his dead daddy and insulted it.

Mysterio could have defeated Thanos by himself. Imagine Thanos showing up on Earth, defeating Stark and the Avengers, snapping his finger and then getting tricked into taking off the gauntlet thinking it was smoked only to realize it was all an illusion and Mysterio is there with all the gems. Give me that shit immediately.

Eh, I'm fine with him being unstable just because otherwise he wouldn't be an antagonist at all. Like if he was just normal levels of greedy and being an attention hog instead of being perfectly fine killing innocent people just to make himself look good, the movie would have been very different with his downfall coming from facing a threat his illusions wouldn't work on, and either stepping up or crumbling so Spider-Man can be the real hero and save the day.

>Mysterio could have defeated Thanos by himself. Imagine Thanos showing up on Earth, defeating Stark and the Avengers, snapping his finger and then getting tricked into taking off the gauntlet thinking it was smoked only to realize it was all an illusion and Mysterio is there with all the gems. Give me that shit immediately
So much cringe

they could even run with Beck is actually dead, but his FX team has rendered his image and voice recording to such a degree that they could keep his identity going indefinitely via holograms, plus his head tech guy downloaded or of their files and schematics. Beck might be dead but Mysterio will live on

How much does he keep the bowl on?

Post YFW peter gets hit by a fucking train

Attached: A3F44A8A-70C2-47A4-B2D5-A5857C527846.gif (400x224, 2.74M)

That whole sequence was the highlight of the movie, could have been handled so badly but they totally nailed it and showed why that character's powers are a threat.

There is no standard bowl but his control systems are bowl-lite, he just has holograms fighting holograms while he hangs out in an alley til the fights are over then overlays the hologram with himself and takes over the role

Reminded me of Arkham games, didn't think that it could even be done in live action

It became great when Jake went full ham with his acting, which really fits the character. I also thought the illusion sequences were great.

>I can't wait for him to come back
He won't. Jake did this for easy money and will go back to making more indie movies which i hope.

>TFW Peter Left the Bar

He actually got me with the fakeout so yeah, I'm sold on MCU Mysterio.

Attached: FAFAA7BE-3920-4622-95FA-9F49A692D57B.jpg (696x548, 133K)

I'm ashamed. I was dumb enough and actually bought the idea that MCU Mysterio was gonna be a good guy. I felt really betrayed during that bar scene

He said he wants to return

The scene in the bar after Peter leaves is what sold me on him

Literally every fight scene.

Attached: mysterio.jpg (1920x1080, 513K)

I can see why they picked him now

Attached: review-nightcrawler.jpg (1920x1080, 175K)

It's remarkable how well the movie sells the idea that he's a good guy for the first half despite him being an established villain in the comics, someone you WANT to be good. And then by the end you just want to see peter stomp on his neck.

>Mystery is the best thing in Far From Home

everything else is a disaster

>Romance created by nickelodeon writers 1
From one minute to the other Peter is in love with Michele
Where did that come from?
Michele changed his personality in this movie completely
She is literally another character

>Romance created by nickelodeon writers 2
Aunt May and Hogan
Cringe as fuck

>Romance created by nickelodeon writers 3
Ned and Brant
What the fuck?

Spider-Holland
We have the dumbest, most innocent super hero of all time
And always takes the mask without any motive, even in a public place surrounded by dozens of cameras

And now I understand why Samuel L. Jackson whant to leave the MCU
Nick Fury became a joke in this movie worse than in Captain Marvel

His lie was better/more interesting

It's a shame everything else in these movies is so weak because Misty and the Bird are very strong for Marcel Villains, writing and performance wise.

Is not true, he is never physically in any fight

>retcon
I don't think you understand how those work. He wasn't in continuity yet.

Oh no. Disney got him, he should have just made one movie deal.

The acting in the movie is actually good in hindsight

From Mysterio being totally lame as a good guy to Fury’s incompetence

It was a great way to show that nothing is what it seems.

That’s exactly what a retcon is, user.

... I don't think you know what a retcon is, user.

I really want the insight of people who legit thought Mysterio was going to be a hero from another universe. Like how dumb do they feel?

Attached: 29F3F0CD-E70D-43C7-9757-358F606AF241.jpg (500x701, 114K)

Why are you spoilering that obvious bullshit? You yourself said it's obvious Mysterio is just a villain who's fucking lying.

Mysterio has no established past in the MCU.

A retcon would be like in the next movie Quinten Becks is a stuntman instead of a former Stark employee

youtube.com/watch?v=BX6mQWz_jTM

i know he wouldn't but it did kinda hurt to see peter/beck's big brother relationship ended at that bar scene

Comic mysterio is a dimension hopper. I think most people wanted that to be true.

>holograms start disappearing
>That one guy standing off to the left.

HOnestly I thought it was just so random guy. and that he was going to freak out once the the bar diappeared.

>his motivation
Meh, I’m really tired of spider man villains getting their start over feeling personal vendetta to iron man
>everything else
Classic Mysterio, his powers are probably some of the best in a cape film for a villain, Jake turned in a great performance but who didn’t expect that

>That iron man zombie crawling out of starks grave, chasing parker
This needs a figure.

This>>>>

It's Disney, I'm sure there will.

I thought it was gonna be Uncle Ben.

Weird. I actually didn’t want him to become a villain. They did a good job of making you want to like him.

Too bad it ended the way it did.

Someone explain the whole Skrull thing to me since I didn't watch Captain Marvel

For people who don't like Mysterio, sure.

They're good guys in the MCU and are friends with Fury and Carol. That's it.

They’re refuges, kinda. Captain Marvel went to help them find a new home which presumably she did if she had time to play space cop in Endgame. Dunno why they’re back

I was honestly expecting some weird 4D chess from Fury.

To be fair, if there is any villain who could pull off that retcon, Beck would be it.

I love the comics, and I thought Mysterio was great. They did him justice and made him relevant to the MCU.

I wish he wore the suit more at the end however.

I sort of despised him actually. While he was entertaining and fun, his whole plan pushed well past the suspension of disbelief and made everyone look like morons for not immediately figuring it out. So many fucking fail points (like what if a bird flies into an "invisible" drone on camera, or what if the disaster relief crews actually notice that the damage is caused by gunfire instead of ice blasts or whatever) were present. As a result there are basically no internal rules anymore and thus no stakes.

In general I feel like the MCU becomes more shallow as time goes on. More and more now, the settings and non main characters in the MCU exist solely as plot devices. The universe feels increasingly fake and contrived even as it grows ever-larger and fleshed-out. The first 2/3rds of Iron Man felt to me like something that could actually happen in real life (up until Obadiah gets involved with his utter stupidity). Thor wasn't quite at the same level, but Asgard did feel sort of like a real place that could actually exist. Nothing else has come close.

Besides Iron Man 1, the only superhero movies that have captured that same feeling for me have been Man of Steel, The Dark Knight, and maybe the GOTG films (partly because their setting is more weak and fantastical from the outset), so unsurprisingly these are my top 5 superhero movies.

Retcon doesn't necessarily mean changing pre-established history. It can also mean adding something new into past continuity. It doesn't have to be a change or mistake.

For instance:
SHIELD meeting up with Captain Marvel in the 90s was a retcon. It didn't contradict anything we saw in other movies, but it did add something to the history.

Words have meanings. Learn them.

Tony is uncle Ben now

Why did Blake use his real name? Couldn't 'Nick Fury' have just done a cursory search and realized that he was lying?

>Blake
yikes

>It didn't contradict anything we saw in other movies,
Did they call themselves SHIELD?

That was good shit

I’m really glad they used Mysterio I always thought he would be the perfect villain for one of these big budget movies. He’s MADE for the age of CGI and special effects

I completely agree, and endless quips and disregard for their own safety from heroes doesn't help. I guess it's because to me they never committed to the fantasy aspect (save for guardians), it's like a real world that has magic and people who make horrible jokes and decisions.

How was nick fury a joke?

When they dropped the first trailer I always figured that he was pulling a con. Happy to see I was right, but it was still one heck of a thing to see how they planned it for the movie.

It was actually Talos the whole time and he bungles shit a lot

Why is that? Where is the real fury?

Intergalactic space

He was relaxing on a skrull ship out in space.

Mysterio as a hero was cool.

I don’t think the drones just used bullets. I think they could do stuff like shoot fire when they were pretending to be the lava elemental or blast water when they were pretending to be the water one (this has to be true since Peter got wet in that fight). We saw them do a bunch of different stuff in the film. Also I think the idea is that people are so caught up with the spectacle of the elementals that they would miss small details such as a bird flying through them. Mysterio even days himself “I can make them believe whatever i want”. It certainly takes some suspension of disbelief but I can’t really think of a better way of accurately adapting Mysterio, the alternative would have just been getting rid of the tech completely and giving him magic.

That Mysterio illusion sequence is one of the most based things to come out of the MCU in a long time.

Come to think of it, the cinematography in this film was pretty great in general. Some beautiful shots.

A part of me thought he might’ve been from another dimension but was still bullshitting everyone.

>Mysterio was more on par with Dr. Strange.
The whole mindfuck sequence in Berlin. Loved it to bits. I thought we wouldn't see much of his mastery of illusion post-villain reveal, but they still did it.

>YOU TOOK MY FAAAAAMIIIIILYYYYY FROM MEEEE

I'm pretty sure in the bar scene Mysterio says that Quentin Beck is a fake name

They even play with the visual a bit. Like when they show him explaining his origin and the Elementals to Peter, he uses a hologram of the world. It's shot so the globe is neatly around his head for a few seconds. Also, his actual illusion tech control helmet is a plastic fishbowl as well and the triangles of his illuminati cape fasteners are repeated in his mocap suit at the end.

I usually hate the contrived ways the heroes and villains get their names in these movies but Mysterio just being a misunderstanding of an Italian news story felt so perfect

>Ned and Brant
>What the fuck?
They fucking got married in the comics retard

How do we know that's his real name?

The little nod he gives Peter after adopting the name was perfect

>Guderman? Your idea about an interdimensional warrior fighting monsters is RIDICULOUS! But EVERYBODY bought into it!

Later
>Mysterio? Report.
>Guderman give me something, quick.
>*overdramatic bullshit containing little actual information while Guderman hectically flips through his notes*
>NotFury immediately calls it a load of bull

[spoilers] I never bought that he was a good guy, so therefore I never bought that the elementals were real. Because of that it kinda felt that the first half of the movie was a slog of a plot that I had to sit through to get to the "real" plot. [/spoilers]

Attached: crying_eagle_american_flag_red_white_blue_golf_ball_marker-r122395367462413386578646d9c7a645_6ogqq_3 (307x307, 25K)

The part where he says that he's from Earth-616 pretty much gives away that he's full of shit.

>can't spoilertag
>brags about knowing the obvious Mysterio twist
>doesn't know how to appreciate a story while also knowing where it's going to go
Fucking pleb

He has an actual costume complete with bowl. His assistant couldn't get the cape ironed in time, though.

I meant to say the part where he said they were in Earth-616, but when he said he was from 833 that was just icing on the cake since that's Spider-UK's universe.

I'm pretty sure they call the earth they're currently on 616 and say Mysterio's was a different one, something in the 300s if I remember correctly

>Comic mysterio is a dimension hopper
Since WHEN? That's the first I hear of it. I remember Beck being undead at one point, but never a dimension hopper.

>the plot device is pretty much the Project Insight but Stark Industries™ branded, so it's okay
>Stark hands the keys over to a sixteen years old kid and Nick Fury approves
>no one stops to reconsider even after the expected happens
Has no one learned anything from The Winter Soldier?

Attached: 1559394358873.jpg (875x875, 119K)

Since Spider-men in like 2012. Ultimate Mysterio was revealed to be 616 controlling a drone through a portal.

>It didn't contradict anything we saw in other movies, but it did add something to the history.
They identified as SHIELD before Caulson invents the anagram in Iron Man 1.

Mysterio says he’s from 833, not 616.

>Here's to Quentin Beck
>Here's to Mysterio

I'm still pissed that they broke up, my boy Ned was finally gonna get some.

Yeah I realized my mistake after

He says MCU Earth is 616 and he's from 833 but yeah. You're right. MCU is 199999.

>and Nick Fury approves
Technically the real Fury probably had no idea about that.

See, that's when I wasn't reading it. Last I remember, Beck had eaten his shotgun yet came back with actual demonic powers while someone else played the role of classic FX guy.

plus the MCU wiki confirms the rumor that Mysterio's associate, Dimitri, is Chameleon. He could have taken his place.

>MCU is 199999
That doesn't mean they'll ever use that in the movies. Also, maybe in-universe they would have the same numbering system on that world.

Speaking of the real Nick, every Fury in Berlin was Beck in disguise, right? Fury seemed to have no idea what had happened in London, until Happy tipped him off with the surfboard protocol.

I disliked how exposition-heavy the scene was, but that's a problem of the script, not the actor. It was kind of nice how the movie didn't bother humanizing Mysterio too much and just had him as a duplicitous piece of shit out for recognition. Especially with the history with Stark, he'd be too much of a Vulture 2.0 otherwise and Gyllenhaal had the charisma to pull of a more one-dimensional villain with style.

Well in a way Mysterio won in the end. He successfully ruined Tony Stark's successor by framing him for murder

Yeah, everything in Berlin was Beck's bullshittery

But Talos was under orders from Fury to give the glasses to Peter. It's doubtful that super spy Fury would have just taken the glasses at face value.

But if Mysterio knows about the multiverse and used a different nomenclature, wouldn't he call his Earth 1 and their's Earth B?

Attached: 6249e9ef46faa0b2e6ceea56327f247a.jpg (512x370, 43K)

Pretty sure they retconned that in Captain America with Howard Stark and Peggy Carter founding SHIELD during WWII

His illusions were fucking fantastic, that was the highlight of the film along with the spidersense hallway, some of the scenes felt odd but overall it was pretty good

So with Shocker, Vulture, Scorpion, Mysterio, and Chameleon, we only need a leader. Guess it'll be Osborn instead of Otto.

Peter will prevail over fake news and Alex Jo– I mean, JJJ.

Son of Caul was just playing dumb to Pepper, Happy and Tony in IM1?

>the twist is that a classic Spider-Man villain is indeed the villain
Most predictable twist ever, only works if you never saw a Spider-Man cartoon or comic in your life

When he said "the news never lies" several people in my theater laughed. Then motherfucking J.K. Simmons comes back from the dead to pic related

Attached: im-about-to-end.jpg (880x480, 129K)

His origin story is fucking retarded. He’s supposed to be a cinema buff that has experience in film tech. To make him another angry stark employee is retarded. It made sense when they did it with Vulture because it’s really not that far fetched from the source material. I really miss that zany aspect of comic books that both Disney, WB, and Fox are all afraid to adapt. It doesn’t really matter since these movies make a shit ton of money and normies will eat it up.

Most movie goers haven’t read a single comic in their life , so in theory, it was a good twist for them

A decent villain. are there really people here who had never heard of Mysterio, and went in not knowing he was a villain?

They get everyone user, the few that haven't been grabbed are always on their sights

He’s a big villain.

Dimitri wasn't Beck's assisstant, he was the guy who worked for SHIELD.

Considering the twist with the Skrulls in Captain Marvel and the fact that Quentin said he wasn't from 616 he was from 883 made me think they might actually make him a good guy. It wasn't until after the movie that it dawned on me that the movies are 199999 not 616.
>Nick Fury became a joke in this movie worse than in Captain Marvel
You didn't stay for the post-credit scene, did you?

That's the only explanation.
Or just that they hadn't thought of all the details of their movieverse yet and were just being slyly referential. Kind of like all the stuff on Odin's trophy room that they had to later explain were replicas.

>"Why not call Captain Marvel?"
>"Don't even talk about her"

Holy fuck they know how polarizing she is, also the VPN shilling and buzzfeed bashing was based as fuck.

I wonder if he too as a skrull. Or that blonde chick that Peter was with on the way to Prague.

That line felt kind of awkward at the time, like a strangely worded verification that she wasn't going to be used again (who the fuck says "do not invoke her name"?). But after the end credit sequence it made perfect sense.

Very high probability.

Yeah, Talos was easily the best character from Cap Marvel, so I was happy seeing him back and more of Mendelsons glorious 'strayan acting is always a plus.

Mine too

Attached: 89D490D7-E947-4AE1-819D-AAC7D45F0965.jpg (525x163, 52K)

Attached: EF7A5A1B-2876-4A65-AB60-841912323C64.jpg (525x164, 43K)

Was Spidey an idiot for trusting him so fast

Attached: tumblr_pu2wfy4lXW1ue5z88o1_1280.jpg (826x918, 267K)

I think he compliments the writer by saying something like "you came up with this crazy story about a guy named Quentin Beck from another universe?" It could go either way but I took it as him using a fake name

>giving a weapon of mass destruction to a guy he's known for less than a day
Yeah kinda

Attached: C6F08A25-0684-4B76-AC8E-CBF1BF015BF8.jpg (525x162, 49K)

Attached: B4613CDC-2EF3-457C-83C9-B693E845DFEC.jpg (525x166, 51K)

But why is he in space?

The gauntlet in Odin's trophy room was always fake, though, since it was a right-hand gauntlet.

You know, user, mulling it over in the theater it made sense to me that a spurned Starktech engineer with access to not-quite-magic-tech and a team of disgruntled co-workers behind him could set something like this up. Having Mysterio be a genius all on his own starts to strain disbelief when both Parker and Stark are universal genii already. And Tony's universal genius got relativised time and time again, starting with Vanko.
Also, a background "film buff" doesn't hold a candle to "capeshit villain literally tired of capeshit trolling the world with science for their slavish worship of capeshit".
Basically, Mr. Illuminati Cape Braces went WAKE UP SHEEPLE IT SAYS GULLIBLE ON THE CEILING for two hours. I loved it.
>People need something to believe in. These days, they'll believe everything
More savage than Kraven.

Spoiler for the third one

Attached: mysterio.png (1437x808, 1.48M)

How will this movie be recieved in China I wonder, with their anti skeleton and zombie policies.

I miss those toons

Attached: venom .jpg (719x1079, 141K)

I would assume he's riding along with Captain Marvel for the next phase of the MCU.

Nah he tells Guderman his story about an interdimensional warrior fighting monsters was RIDICULOUS, but still everyone swallowed it. He does say "A toast to Quentin Beck! A toast to Mysterio!", though, after course correcting a few sentences prior when he almost said that everyone will obey him...and his team. That says to me QB is a fake identity.

I'm a zoomer and was born like a year after this show ended so I missed out, but I've heard it was the best one and the theme song alone is enough to convince me. Might marathon it at some point.

Attached: Spider-Man_The_Animated_Series_Title_Card.png (1250x760, 458K)

Its pretty solid, though once you read the mandates they had for the shows censorship, you can't unsee them, like "no punching" and that shhit.

Not here, but I went with some mates, and there were a few who didn't even know Gyllenhaal's character was named Mysterio, much less any of his bullshit

>Back in Black plays
>"Hell yeah I love Led Zeppelin!"
I have no clue but that broke me and my friends into hysterical laughter and second hand emberrassment at the same time.

I caught some episodes on video cassette and the TV but I watched all of them on youtube.

>cleared of charges
Considering Pete and MJ figured out that Mysterio was fake with only one projector from one drone, and there are hundreds of smashed drones from Peter stopping the final "elemental" it's kind of hard to believe Spidey would have trouble discrediting Mysterio about who was really the villain. The namedrop is kind of irreversible, but it should be easy for Spidey to prove that Beck was staging all the attacks and was the real villain.

Spider-Man must never bother or harm pidgeons when he lands on a roof.

>PLAAAASMA!
says the Vampire who still has sharp incisors despite having mouths to succ in his palms

>Carnage can form his symbiote into sharp blades and axes
>only drains life force, never actually unleashes carnage

>People who died in the comics fall into dimensional vortexes instead, never to retten

I loved it as a kid, regardless.

With two separate cuts to Beck coming up with a keikaku after his illusions failed, they all but announced it. Beck never actually gave Edith back to Peter, so Edith's claim that there were no illusions can't be trusted.

>really miss that zany aspect of comic books that both Disney, WB, and Fox are all afraid to adapt.

They’re afraid of offending China. That’s why all fantasy and sci fi movies nowadays are so tamed and “grounded” hence why Ghost Rider was shoved to Hulu

>Beck never actually gave Edith back to Peter, so Edith's claim that there were no illusions can't be trusted.
Edith accepted him as her owner again through biometrics, though.

So based on how much shit this peter went through and how much he lifted and such, would it be wrong to say this one is near mainline in strength?

>Mysterio could have defeated Thanos by himself. Imagine Thanos showing up on Earth, defeating Stark and the Avengers, snapping his finger and then getting tricked into taking off the gauntlet thinking it was smoked only to realize it was all an illusion and Mysterio is there with all the gems. Give me that shit immediately.
I can't tell if you're serious about this but given that Thanos can rewrite reality to literally whatever he fucking wants like he did in the Collector's compound or on Titan, I really fucking doubt that the illusions would've fooled Thanos ever.

He even straight up says that he's a fake hero not a real one. He would never be able to handle an "Avengers level threat".

Isn't it nice to see Mysterio on the big screen guys?

I feel like he actually did die, at least for now until we get official confirmation of course. For a sequel they could just use a hologram of Mysterio operated by his crew, especially if the studio wants to be cheap with Gyllenhaal. But if not then EDITH is definitely hacked.

>the plot device is pretty much the Project Insight but Stark Industries™ branded, so it's okay
This is incorrect though.

This is Ultron.
And we already established that it's not okay.

>Considering the twist with the Skrulls in Captain Marvel and the fact that Quentin said he wasn't from 616 he was from 883 made me think they might actually make him a good guy. It wasn't until after the movie that it dawned on me that the movies are 199999 not 616

So nerds actually sperged here for nothing?
"They're taiing our number"

I'm with that other guy. The movie did a good job of making you HOPE that it could be different and it also did a good job of making you cheer for his doom at the end.

I looked up the "no punching" thing, some sites say it was the creators' idea instead of censorship but the only source I can find for that is a fucking $30 ebook that won't even show the whole quote without charging. books.google.com/books?id=DGthDgAAQBAJ&pg=PA139&lpg=PA139&dq=John Semper Jr. punching&source=bl&ots=YzsRCMvsKF&sig=ACfU3U3VwfHcVWwDx3QPRvdF3i2FzAaNbg&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjO3rrg5pnjAhWLZd8KHRVFC0AQ6AEwD3oECAkQAQ#v=onepage&q=John Semper Jr. punching&f=false

Huh? Fury meant that Peter wasn't worthy to even speak her name, which was foreshadowing that it wasn't the real Fury.

Fuck the warehouse illusion scene made me wanna watch Paprika again.

youtube.com/watch?v=APIKVLw1tT0

Attached: 56a58e5c4e46cc8bee6b68ab16afeb2b.png (1200x800, 1.04M)

He's taking a vacation just like how Peter desperately wanted a vacation.

You forget that Marvel civilians live to hate on the supers every chance they get.

Spidey and Daredevil are probably the only exception I can think of off the top of my head but even then, they weren't 100% immune.

It's partially about violence but also partially about kids imitating it, so a swinging dropkick is a little "safer" than a punch because kids are less likely to try and do it.

Yeah if you pleb who doesn't read comics.

Bases Gosling hasn't gotten into disney's hands.

Peter "transferred" control, not shared it, and the movie made a big point of establishing that you had to confirm you were willing to give up Edith before she'd switch users.

I figured the ending would involve Peter using Beck's tech to fake him confirming or something, turning his methods back on him, but instead Peter just started using Edith without Beck giving her up, and then Edith gave him a very awkwardly worded question so he'd say "execute them all!", which is suspicious as hell and presumably part of Mysterio's plan. And if Mysterio planned for Peter to get Edith, then obviously he put in a failsafe to maintain control of her,

He will once they get proof of the Milky Way incident

Jesus shut up

Did you really think Hollywood is going to acknowledge how they ended the careers of all the practical effects artists? That's way too meta for them. I too was hoping for Beck to rant about CGI taking everything from him but it was just a pipe dream

Actually Tinkerer was in Homecoming, so they already have 6 villains

That's not him
Its a "illusion"
in the entire movie you never really know where he is
until the last 2 times it appears is a trick

I don't know if I'm gonna see it for a while and don't care much for spoilers. What happened in the post credits scene?

>that long-ass exposition scene spelling out everything to his own crew

was that really necessary, I felt like Gyllenhaal wasn't giving his best performance in that scene either

Attached: 9d5.png (680x680, 59K)

youtube.com/watch?v=wdh1BFiz83U

How happy do you think the actor from Iron Man 1 that Jeff Bridges yelled at was when he got the call that they wanted him back for this.

He's friends with Jon Favreau I think but still was expecting that character to ever return

The series has ups and downs but the finale was legitimately great and is the sole reason we even got the Spider-Verse movie as well as Spider-Verse stuff existing in general.

Doesn't Mysterio's "leak" fall apart when anyone that was actually at the disaster in London can attest that the drones all just dropped dead?

Is J. Jonah Jameson supposed to be Alex Jones? Also, is that the same guy from the Raimi movies?

No and yes

>Is J. Jonah Jameson supposed to be Alex Jones?
JJJ has always been a negative nut about Spider-man, even before Alex Jones was a thing.
>Also, is that the same guy from the Raimi movies?
Yes, JK Simmons returns as JJJ.

How was Michelle Jones in this movie?

It's gonna be weird when they have to establish that about 99% of all Skrulls are super villains.

Very cute. Huge improvement over the last movie.

Peter Parker is bi in the comics, even if he ends up dating woman more often. I wonder if the MCU will play it up in later movies?

Talos daughter from CM is an adult now, hopefully she leads the invasion

Did they explain the change?

She just has more to do and is more nuanced. You can tell she's into Peter. The stuff people complained about last time is still there, but tweaked in a way to where she looks less self-righteous and more autismal (in a fun way).

I almost want to rewatch and see how many times it was hinted that Fury and Hill weren't themselves.

So what did you all think of the illusion sequence?

>Back in Black plays
>Smiled because this song played during the first scene of Iron Man 1, the one that started it all
>"Oh, I love Led Zeppelin!"
I don't know about the placement of that joke.

Really good stuff

Fucking amazing. Need that shit in a webm or video to just rewatch over and over again

Attached: just perfect.jpg (550x550, 50K)

Who is ready for the One More Day adaptation?

It was fantastic and a really good showing of what mysterio is capable of

For you.

They're two for two when it comes to Spidey villains in MCU. I hope they won't fuck up on that department in the next one but I'm kinda afraid they will because the bit they've shown us of Scorpion makes him to be the typical "LE EVIL GANGSTER" villain.

It's mostly just that she has more to do, but they only had her say that her woke edgy personality was a bit of a front because she was awkward and didn't know how to relate to people, and that aspect was toned down a bit too.

Peter's face after saying that is what sold me. After three-ish movies of "remember that super old movie Star Wars?????" it was nice to have him in on the joke

It's to show how different Pete really is from Tony and that he's his own person

No he isnt

>Peter Parker is bi in the comics
No, he's not. Kill yourself NOW

most surprising thing during the movie

Attached: dicks_everywhere.png (340x375, 147K)

Think Scorpion will be the main villain of the third one?

I love how they actually use the mocap suit they would actually use for Iron Man, Hulk, Spiderman etc.

It established him as smarter than a lot of MCU characters by simple fact that he used a remote telepresence.

I'd like for him to be the henchman/enforcer of a crime boss. Now that Peter's identity got blown, I want a movie where the entire Maggia organization hunts Peter down. It's about time Hammerhead, Silvermane, and Nefaria(would like Andy Garcia or Jon Travolta to play him) to have movie appearances.

MCU Spider Man is Marvel's Shinji Ikari.

Murder and global terrorism as well. I doubt he'll be going to school anymore lmao

After seeing that scene i kinda feel like fury and marvel are someshow going to get that whole entire ship blown up and all those skrulls killed.

Talos somehow finds out, and turns against the humans thus your next big avengers movie

Attached: captain-marvel-entertainment-weekly-preview-skrulls-featured-470x310@2x.jpg (640x422, 29K)

He was bullshitting about the Multiverse

I think he could very well be. He wants revenge against Spider-Man for putting him in prison and was asking Vulture who he was under the mask. After the post credits scene from this movie he will now know that information. However I think he will only be the “physical” threat of the movie with either Norman Osborn or Otto Octaviois being the brains and the ones who turn him into Scorpion. Like I can deffo see Scorpions tail being a proto-type for Ocks arms.

>They’re afraid of offending China.

Now you got my curiosity. Explain.

When has he ever lusted over another man in panel?

No, you can't Bendis your way out of this with stupid mental gymnastics, prove he has explicitly showed any kind of sexual attraction for another man in panel or stated his orientation.

You guys don't seriously believe he's dead, right?

Attached: MYSTERIO!.jpg (1920x1920, 470K)

China don't allow skeletons or things to do with after-life. This movie had a Tony skeleton and they allow Red Skull and loved Coco and gave it a pass so who even knows anymore

Not even a little bit. One of the main things he is known for in the comics is faking his (and other characters) deaths.

I think it had to be his real name so the glasses wouldn't work. If it was some made up name that glasses probably wouldn't have worked.

Since he was from an alternate dimension it would work out that there would be another him in the real world.

Yeah but Jameson is supposed to be a scummy tabloidist anyway

Right? Although the Daredevil suicide might have been real if the Kindred shit is legit

The people who think he's dead are the same who thought he was from another dimension and a probably a hero. I found his "Spider-man is trying to kill me and I won't make it alive" panic acting to be funny knowing its all bullshit

>Quentin Beck is a fake name

What's his real name in the MCU?

Attached: Mysterio.jpg (650x360, 47K)

China is weird, there myths have plenty of like devilish and skeletal things.

they also have a weird thing about time travel and alternate timelines

Good way to reset the universe.

Since it's Mysterio I doubt he's dead but Marvel has a habit of killing off villains before they can be used to their fullest, like Ultrpn.

Honestly it felt like a chore once the third act came along. Gyllenkino wasnt enough to save it.

Why didn’t Edith tell Peter that QB wasnt a real person? How was Peter able to use Edith after giving his permissions away?

Buentin Qeck

Yeah but in this case Marvel seems to want their Sinister Six. In fact Mysterio is arguably MCU Peter's arch-nemesis at this point since Norman doesn't exist

Attached: MYSTERIO! MASTER OF ILLUSION!.jpg (1000x1600, 116K)

Zheng Zhu
He's actually wearing a fake face.

So uhh...was it really neccessary for Mysterio to reveal Peter's identity in the end? The fuck can Peter do to clean this shit up now?

Attached: 6dc.jpg (400x384, 30K)

True, he's ruined his entire life

I saw Peter jumping over what looked like Norman and Harry's house at the end of the movie when he was texting and swinging. They may still be around.

I want to know this too. I can’t believe they did it in a throwaway post credit. Either they accept it or try to disinfo using holograms.

nice pic, is it fanart?

aesthetically whats the best mysterio suit?

we still don't know who bought Avengers tower

It's too late now. Beck has effectively become Peter's worst enemy at this point, forced him on the run, and endangered everyone he loves. The only person now who could arguably surpass that is Otto Octavius if he's revealed to be the creator of the radioactive spider

It's concept art from the Shattered Dimensions game. Mysterio costumes are more or less all the same. It's so iconic that you don't really need to mess with it. I can't wait for the PS4 game sequel when he finally debuts

Attached: Mysteria.jpg (1002x894, 181K)

Is he debuting in the next game? good.

Shattered dimensions seemed like a fun game, mysterio who became a reality warper through the tablet was interesting

Yeah he's definitely gonna be in that, one of the few to miss out on the first one besides a the halloween suit cameo and is now extremely popular as well

I don't see why he wouldn't. He exists in that universe, a foe Peter has fought before. Likely he, Sandman, and The Lizard will appear in the sequel.

Attached: Femsterio.png (600x300, 96K)

How would Edith know Beck wasn't real? There was no info on him but his story was that he was from another reality so there wouldn't be.

Peter was able to use Edith because it was part of Mysterio's keikaku. Edith is likely still controlled by Team Mysterio, and possibly Beck himself is still alive since we only have Edith's word it wasn't an illusion.

How would he get out of prison, though? Someone bail him out? He got snapped and when he came back he escaped by taking advantage of the confusion?

They release all the criminals Spidey jailed

I’m sure they could figure out some way to get Gargan out of prison and turn him into the Scorpion. Maybe it will even have JJJ involved in turning him into a super villain like in the comics. Plus Feige has said he wants to use Spider-Man villains that haven’t been in movies before and out of the ones remaining Scorpion and Kraven are probably the two biggest.

I hope he's not dead. He's the best part of the movie.

Those virtual fights with Peter was so cool. (Wish the gravestone was Uncle Ben) But with Tony Stark? Reminded me of Marvel Zombie

He will have a "deal with the devil" thingy with Mephisto, in exchange his relationship with MJ. LOL.

>Maria calls Fury "Nicholas" even though no one has ever called him that(except Talos)
>You can overhear Maria talking about Kree sleeper agents just before Peter enters the hideout and meets Mysterio

>Mephisto: "I can reverse all of this, Peter. But with a price."
Peter: "Name it."
Mephisto: "I have to whitewash MJ."

Mysterio was great but more importantly,

GUYS GUYS GUYS THEY BOUGHT JK SIMMONS BACK AS J JONAH JAMESON! Finally Spider-Man's strongest foe has returned with help from his good friend Alex Jones.

Attached: 1562207636628.png (700x677, 711K)

Simple, once the skrull reveal themselves, they can have one take the shape of Peter while real Peter shows up in Spider-Man costume and explains that Mysterio is lying. The two of them standing next to each other would "disprove" his biggest reveal.

I forgot that Aaron (Prowler) was in Homecoming. Maybe he'll come back and fight Scorpion together with Peter.

Yeah. HC had Prowler, Scorpion and Shocker in minor roles, all 3 should be fleshed out more

>Mysterio just boiled down to a guy with drones
I felt like that was really lame.

>People unironically saying mysterio is a bad guy was a fantastic twist

Jesus christ

that was obvious, his last message was the twist for me

Attached: mysterio.jpg (400x323, 31K)

Next movie is definitely going to be interesting.

his illusions were great

I feel like you don't know shit about Mysterio.

I want to bang Rachel McAdams in that movie (in any movie) so fucking bad.

His suit is the thing that has all the illusions and tricks.

>Mysterio twist done well for normalfags who actually fell for it, while being respectful towards the original character in almost every way besides the Stark stuff (which was almost redeemed by the BARF usage)
who cares

>the alternative would have just been getting rid of the tech completely and giving him magic.
Funny you say that because that is precisely the plot of Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions.

Attached: Mysterio-spider-man-shattered-dimensions-37446171-1280-721.jpg (1280x721, 114K)

>Mysterio with actual magic
Sounds horrible.

agreed

I was full on startled, almost jumped out of my seat.

That had to be a homage to the Great Train Robbery right?

Well first he was stealing it for money than he used it to become like a crossover tier threat

>At least 3 months before we get Blu-Ray rips of the illusion scene

Attached: spidey_ohno.webm (1012x432, 230K)

If you think about it, everybody in this movie was trying to fill someone else's shoes. I loved the part when Peter rigged up that thing that looked like a hammer and picked up the bridge sign in reference to Cap.

>If you think about it, everybody in this movie was trying to fill someone else's shoes
That's literally the only reason they made Mysterio tied to Stark

>Mysterio - Spider-Man (PSX)
I fucking loved this fight.
youtube.com/watch?v=aJZny1N0yJM

Mysterio's theme is fucking fire.
youtube.com/watch?v=55cHsXiDr2s

Attached: maxresdefault (4).jpg (1280x720, 108K)

All I'm hearing is Wario's "WAAAAH" noise when he's hit with a shell in Mario Kart 64

I was terrified of monster ock in this game as a kid

>Mysterio inspired by Tony Stark
>uses drones
this movie is ironically too smart for Yea Forums

I was there for its Fox Kids airings, and its worth the marathon, but Spectacular Spider-man is better.

The theme song is high-tier but I'm not a fan of the artstyle, I keep hearing good things about it though.

i think its mainly the noises + plus how quickly the meter changes with how close he is

I felt like he was a little mean in killing Peter

Movie was underwhelming

Only cool part was illusion fight

Attached: what did they meme by this.png (606x565, 260K)

I hope we get one of Beck in his MoCap suit.

Yeah the noises, and that it's a chase fight, you can't fight him back

i wanted him to be a good guy because i like jake and want more of him in the MCU but a part of me knew it was all an illusion

Was the agent that tried to get Peter to strip a Skrull too?

>tfw feeling bad for flash because he almost died and his parents gave zero fucks and sent the driver to get him at the airport

Yes.

I agree, though I think it's Chameleon who helped pull off the faked death.

I'm hoping he and Scorpion are used in the next one, due to JJJ banking the efforts to bring Peter to Justice which in itself is further stepping stones on the way towards a Sinister Six movie.

not here but i went to see it with my super normie parents and they didnt know jack shit. my mom thought jake was going to be the new iron man. she didn't want the new iron man to wear a fishbowl helmet though hah

I shouted when he showed up again. I got all the other big things spoiled for me, but not that.

I realised after why they gave no fucks...
He was snapped for 5 years and they were used to him being gone lmao.

Overseeing the construction of the S.W.O.R.D base

Yes and beck came back because he knows that Peter is Spider-man from his time over in Ultimate

So now that Thanos, the MCU big bad is done with, do normalfags even still care?

How did he fake the metal being absorbed?

THey didn't seem to care for him much when he was there, either. Hence why he was an asshole constantly.

it was inside the hologram

So wait, where did that one short dude from Ironman 1 take that thumbdrive?

I seriously thought he was gonna be part of the after credits giving to the mysterious backer.

...or was he the one who uploaded the video at the end???

>pull inside hologram using tractor beams
>use drones to melt the metal
>grow hologram
>use still tractor'd molten metal as actual weapon for realistic damage
>????
>Profit?!??!1!

yfw this scene

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 977K)

I don't see a more dedicated FFH thread, so, important question. Was Dmitri a Skrull?

YOU THINK YOU CAN DEFEAT ME? THINK AGAIN SPIDER-MAN!

So, when did fury and talos switch places?

youtube.com/watch?v=EYBWxoAZfNk
MYSTERIO IS THE TRUTH

Facial recognition. His profile as a stark employee would have a picture. This is why the exposition dumped the backstory. You’re not supposed to think too hard about it.

I did not expect for the scientist from Iron Man 1 to come back.

That Tony part was DARK.

It's not Project Insight, it's whatever the fuck Tony's suit protocol from 3 was called. Insight had algorithmic threat assessment calling the shots, EDITH and Tony's automated suits are just way too much power in a single person's hands.

Possibly

I would assume after Tony's funeral.

The whole movie was skrull propaganda

Seriously great callbacks in this movie.

>Beck's team rigged up this entire sequence in less than 4 hours, and/or somehow did it on the fly in reaction to how Spider-man moved through it

Probably the part where you have to try the hardest to forget the premise of how it all works, but it was such a treat anyways.

>Thanos can rewrite reality to literally whatever he fucking wants like he did in the Collector's compound or on Titan, I really fucking doubt that the illusions would've fooled Thanos ever.
The stones don't work passively, so Thanos would have to know something was an illusion and snap it away. Mysterio's still fucked though unless Thanos does take the glove off.

Didn't supposedly-credible rumors say Keaton would have some kind of cameo in this? I guess that wasn't really a thing.

It truly is fucked that Mysterio knew that revealing Peter’s identity to the world would hurt him the most
he knew that Peter just wanted to be on vacation
he knew that Peter just wanted to tell Michelle that he likes her
he knew that Peter just wanted as much of a normal life as he could salvage
but he still decided to tell the world knowing that it would 100% ruin his life

I bet they shot more than 2 after credits and they'll just put them on the DVD.

Beck's probably dead. Just a deepfake by that computer guy.

Also next movie has to be Scorpion trying to get revenge.

Probably the latter

Mysterio never transferred control of EDITH back to Peter. Unless that's a mistake in the script, or they're just handwaving it, it's very likely he survived.

honestly, the only bit i would say is the hardest is the iron man grave bit, the other parts were fairly generic, and the iron man bit could be explained as something to just fuck with any of the avengers.

Because there is no Uncle Ben. It sucks, but it's becoming more apparent now. Notice how Peter calls May "Miss Parker" at the benefit. He was super nervous, so it doesn't seem like it was an ad lib to cover her. "Parker" is her maiden name.

Ben is canon they just never mention him

>character known to fake his death
They won't waste a chance to create the MCU sinister 6 and william didn't lost his shit when beck "died" this is the biggest keikaku in motion

Themesong is great, show has some okay episodes but overall it's the epitome of "fuck it, it's a kids' show. they don't care." The animation is recycled all the time and everybody gets placed into frame really lazily. It's kind of a mess.

A character no one can prove exists. Yep, he's definitely canon.

The suitcase Peter used had Ben's initials on it.

Theyre too subtle and need to give it more attention and a flashback

Attached: s.png (1623x555, 93K)

Didn't it get blown up?

I doubt it but could have him and the spider slayer(s) come out as the next threat. Not sure how long they can dance around the older supers not getting involved though.

I don't think they need a flashback, but they blew their shot at the best opportunity to bring Ben up with Happy trying to date May. Since May's already confirmed to Peter that it wasn't anything serious, he can't be upset that she's moving on too soon when he himself isn't ready.

Now that his identity has been blown and he has bigger things to worry about, any sequel that may happen will have no time to bring it up in a way that doesn't feel forced.

Latest issue of Amazing revealed that after Mysterio killed himself, the new big bad for Spidey - a demonic entity who calls himself Kindred - brought him back to life under the condition that he work for him. Kindred seemingly killed Mysterio again after he nearly confessed to a prison therapist how he came back to life

With the parallels and callbacks to Iron Man 1 this movie has, do you think it would be better to move it to the start of Phase 4 instead of the end of Phase 3?

Yeah.

It pretty much is the start of phase 4.

Feige said it's the last movie of Phase 3.

Despite Mysterio being an established villain to fans, Beck/Jake is convincing enough that you can still fall for the act. Illusion sequences were obviously great. Definitely did justice to Mysterio's powers in the comics in a way that doesn't break suspension of disbelief.

Overall, movie was very good. Only gripe is that some of MJ's edgy lines were kinda cringe, like the executions one on the bridge. Fury being incompetent as a story flaw gets handwaved by the post credits scene. In hindsight, everything makes sense knowing Talos is Fury.

>like the executions one on the bridge.
I dunno. She sounded like an awkward teenage girl grasping for something interesting to say to the boy she likes.
I've certainly been there.

I definitely agree. Still doesn't change the fact that it's cringe, though.

[Spoiler] Peter Tingle [/spoiler]

Get that peter tingle up and working again.

>he doesn't consult deceased loved ones for guidance and advice during times of extreme stress and troubles, like having your secret identity revealed

Maybe in terms of saying goodbye to the old cast but they put enough shit in there to give themselves a foundation for the future.

If they wanted to integrate Uncle Ben they would have done it already. I bet subtle nods like the briefcase are all we get to Uncle Ben. A namedrop, also possible, but I personally doubt.

The way May acted in this movie was like they were just begging for fan art of her getting DP'd by Peter and Happy. I can't tell if they're intentionally making her sexual or if that's just how Tomei is.

Anybody know the name of the song they played during the first flight to Europe?

>consult deceased loved ones

I realize John Romita loved drawing him imagining everybody's disembodied heads and somehow making it work, but nothing like that would happen in one of these movies. It would come off as too silly to have him daydream up advice out of nowhere from the ghost of his uncle that we've never seen.

Same.

That luggage thing is a sight gag, an afterthought. There's no real, explicit proof in the movies that he exists, and there isn't going to be.

Not that much. The identity blow out is a set up for the next Spidey movie while the post credits scene is humorous in nature and explaining while Fury is a bit off in the entire movie even if it might have shown us of what might be SWORD. In the grand scale of things, it didn't set up much.

Let's just hope it didn't turn out that Peter put Gargan in prison because he was the one who offed Ben. We had that in Spidey 3 already but with Sandman.

>Peter put Gargan in prison because he was the one who offed Ben.

I thought he put him in prison because he was implicated in the arms deal on the ferry.

Fuck, I forgot. I thought Gargan was one of the criminals Peter caught during his first 6 months as Spidey. Looks like I need to rewatch it.

Ultimate Kino would be if Beck was the one to set up the Sinister Six.

/ss/ with Skrull?

My autism likes to think he's Daniel Berkhart, the second or third mysterio

Fuck off T'challa

Anyone who thinks this toddlers cartoon is better than Spectacular is a nostalgiafag and should be ignored

The MCU spidey films get a lot of shit, but the thing I appreciate is their callbacks to the MCU history

Shadman will do it.

I really enjoyed the corny in memoriam segment that had blurry photos of vision and watermarked stock photos and they showed people reappearing during the 2nd snap

>that shitty green screen where their hair starts blending into the background
I was the only one laughing, I think the joke went over my screening's head

>and IIIIIIIIIII will alwayssssssssss love youuuuuuuuuu
>getty Images

perfect

The thing is, the movie kinda leans into this line of wild speculation. That’s what I like about it. I really don’t know what was goofy writing, and what is intentional foreshadowing.

Jokes aside though while the quipping doesn't get to me often I wished they'd used that bit a little less.

People definitely got it, it just wasn't that good of a joke. My theater barely laughed but there were much less comedic moments and golden deliveries in this one.

He’ll be gone, I don’t see why they’d bring him back even if I really want to see him come back.

how do you guys think they’ll undo Peter’s identity being revealed?

How would Edith be able to transfer permissions to someone who doesnt exist? I can forgive it for not noticing he’s a Stark employee but how can she confirm the identity of someone given access to the network if they have no records?

I’m betting they’ll kill off Happy in the sequel and have him do the Great Responsibility quote before he dies

It’ll be classified as fake news somehow
>have a projection or ai suit appear while Peter is being interviewed
>dismissed as being a jjj conspiracy
>Peter confirms his identity and starts Parker Industries

Take your pick

Just have one of the Skrulls pose as Peter alongside him.

The illusion scene was the best scene in an MCU movie in a long time, felt right out of a comic or cartoon

You joke but I've seen MCUfags that want Mephisto to be in the Spider-Man movies.

As always the villains are the best thing about MCU Spider-Man movies which is why I hope he is still alive and that Sinister Six happens.

I don't follow Spidey comics either but I sure as hell knew Mysterio was a villain and it was kind of obvious too from the way he behaved.

>I don’t see why they’d bring him back
Because Sony has wanted to do sinister six for a bit now.

I think I legitimately liked this the most of any MCU movie since IM.

Attached: bully 2.webm (1280x720, 323K)

Or maybe Talos I angry at her for something it's left pretty open ended IMO

He trusted Tony fast too because he hero worshipped him and went against Cap on command without ever questioning why. Even in Homecoming in the Civil War video montage he still didn't know why he went to fight to the airport and said "Cap went crazy or something".

MCU Spidey might be a genius at making all sort of tech stuff but he is pretty naive and trusting.

Well this movie hit a lot of Iron Man movie beats even made a callback to the first Iron Man movie so it makes sense.

When you think about it the plot point of the villain taking the mcguffin techology by guile is almost the same, too.

Pretty much, even if I enjoyed this movie it felt way too much like an Iron Man movie more than it did a Spidey movie(Homecoming felt more like a Spidey movie IMO). It was fine for what it was but I hope they drop the Stark stuff for the third movie or at the least dial it back down.

I don't care that I was wrong Mysterio at full power was awesome

It's not like Tony is going to invent anything else.

I missed that, I had to piss so bad

Mister O

was that scene where an attractive 30-ish ambiguously European blonde forcefully orders teenage Peter to "take off his clothes" an intentional reference to the Captain Marvel SS memes? It seemed way too odd and on the nose for it to be otherwise.

I thought Fury came off a lot more like Samuel Jackson in this movie than the Fury. His epic "bitch please", and "das sum bullshit" seemed more like a caricature.

That scene was filmed way before endgame was even in theatres

>tfw

Attached: 1559470472214.png (300x435, 317K)

Yes they crunched the scene in six weeks to hop on the /ss/ memewagon

I know but they can still overdo the Tony Stark's legacy legacy wank like they did with this movie. But I guess past this phase they'll probably just drop it. RDJ is gone and besides it's her turn

No but it was pretty damn hot.

No it was just a reference to european fetish porn, nothing too specific.

I thought that was Jessica Drew.

what was your reaction to pic related?

I'm so happy that it's immortalized in movie form

Attached: 1558731397559.png (625x399, 636K)

Yes and no. This Jonah is the exact opposite of Raimi's one.
youtu.be/3WfbWWz9KAs

Punished Jonah

>jameson founds out that peter parker isn't spiderman
>skrull that pretended to be parker gets exposed
>SPIDERMAN IS WORKING WITH ALIENS, WHO CAN WE TRUST?
I can't wait for the next spiderman movie

Attached: +_7d2ebf1072430d45429036016467febb.png (1018x1024, 1.58M)

It's really more of a Jonah written by a nihilistic edgy millennial that couldn't write a decent person if his life depended on it.

Why does every MCU spidey thread havr people insisting there's no trace of uncle ben? I'll admit the one mention (now two with the suitcase) is pretty minor but it's still there. They even sorta worked in the great power/responsibility idea, even if they awkwardly reworded it like Amazing did.

>waifufags that think aunt may is a virgin so she's hot
>those 3 happyfags that think he should break may's virginity
>asshats that want to start up stupid shit so they can post the screenshots in other social media sites
Pick any of them

Jonah is not "decent" where Spiderman is involved.

Bullshit. Raimi Jonah knew that Peter was Spidey.

That's not a retcon

Attached: 1558326389749.jpg (455x512, 73K)

After Tony's death I was kinda hoping for AI Stark, but now I would much prefer this.

I really thought Edith was gonna be some kind of Holo-Tony for a second there. A bus would've been quite a precarious place for such a (likely) emotional reveal. Would've been a bit fucked up to give that to Peter and not Pepper though, and on the whole I'm not sure of MCU Stark ow that nuts or not. Edith kinda made me miss his Stark suit's AI though.

You missed the best scene of the movie

Peter, get into the suit!

Yup infinite possibilities.

I think you're just confusing Raimi Jonah with copypasta Jonah.

Thats only a theory people made up, its in the same category as Aunt May knowing.

the way the line was delivered it can be taken both ways.

So we can all agree 3 is a sinister six movie right?

>Vulure established
>Mysterio established nd probably still out there
>Villain will be doc Ock again with electro and rhino as his subbordinates
>Norman for funding and to replace Stark with oscorp

Scorpion and Shocker will be on the team since they have both already been set up. I don’t think it will be the third movie though, I think it will be the fourth. I know MCU usually sticks to trilogies but since Spider-Man is all Sony has we will probably see more of them.

So weve got Shocker, Scorpion, Vulture and Msterio. I feel like Doc Oct is a good guess, hes too iconic not to use. But I feel the 6th is gonna be Kraven, especially after the post credits scene.

>post credits scene in FFH
>under the battle cry of JJJ, the city of NY begins a state/country wide man hunt for Peter
>Eventually this news makes it to the worlds most renowned hunter/tracker

Enter Kraven.
>This

Spider-Man: Manhunt

Thought he actually died for a second

Attached: 1529724197825.png (560x666, 107K)

post yfw he uses his peter tingle in the end

Attached: 1526257604136.jpg (704x756, 80K)

So what do ya think the title of the third movie will be? Probably something with Home in it so....

Spider-Man: No Place To Call Home
Spider-Man: Homeless
Spider-Man: War At Home
Spider-Man: Homeward Path

I would love him more if he sounded like this:
youtube.com/watch?v=K1MZIU_feIk

Spider-Man: Ain't No Place Like Home
Spider-Man: Homerun
Spider-Man: Broken Home
Spider-Man: Home Cooked Meal
Spider-Man: Home is Where the Heart Is
Spider-Man: Home is Where You Make It
Spider-Man: Go Home Before The Awful After Credits Scene
Spider-Man: Playstation Home
Spider-Man: Home Schooled
Spider-Man: Home Depot
Spider-Man: Welcome Home
Spider-Man: Go Hard or Go Home
Spider-Man: 'Til the Cows Come Home
Spider-Man: Home Maker
Spider-Man: You Don't Have to Go Home, But You Can't Stay Here
Spider-Man: What Up Holmes
Spider-Man: Sherlock Holmes
Spider-Man: Home Fries
Spider-Man: Home Skillet

I've heard from press releases that the 16th one is where they kinda start letting Peter grow into his own character

>So what do ya think the title of the third movie will be? Probably something with Home in it so....
>Spider-Man: Homeward Path

Spider-Man: Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey

Eh. I thought it was possible, because it's not like anyone who has a part in the MCU Spider-Man movies cares about comic accuracy.

Attached: 1547575145898.jpg (554x439, 38K)

Spider-Man: Home On The Range

I'm glad J.K.Simmons returned but why was he bald? I don't think most normies actually recognize who he was. My theatre was quiet during his appearance.

Odd, most of my theatre actually clapped and and shrieked with joy, and this was in fucking Sweden, we NEVER clap.

They probably just mistook JJ for a cuckold due to his hair

Good point.

My friend lost it at the teacher who got blip-cucked

Haven't seen it yet, details?

His wife pretended to get bliped so she could leave him for another man.

I like how Marvel continues to make jokes of every last little thing.

The frustrating part is they make some genuinely hilarious and appropriate jokes in some of these movies, especially the earlier ones, but they can't restrain themselves.

Eh, the only time the humor rubbed me the wrong way was the sentient cape gag moment after the Ancient Ones death in Dr Strange.

They highlit the horrors of the Snappening/Blip though. May and Peter became homeless when they returned because their flat had been given to another family. We see half of the school's marching band reappear where they got snapped, meaning the implied horrors like pilots and drivers vanishing mid-flight or -drive are all true.

Pretty sure the Russo brothers mentioned that the Hulk fixed that

I thought they named it "The Decimation" in universe?

It's called the Blip around the world according to FFH. But that's just Earth. Maybe the universal appellation evens out to the Decimation.

I think it was The Decimation after Thanos' snap. Then it became the Blip after Hulk's snap brought everyone back.

And there was actual drama and story value to them being married in the comics. Comic Betty was waiting for Peter to make his move but when he didn't, Ned swooped her up. FFH has Betty and Ned sit next to eachother and with no writing at all they fall in love instantly to let a ~10-scene running gag play out where the call eachother "babe" and then break up. Why waste characters like this? Who actually wants this?

The Decimation and The Blip are two separate events. everyone disappearing was The Decimation, everyone returning was The Blip

Like other anons said, retcon isn't just changing the backstory: a pretty good example is Big Boss being Solid Snake's father in the Metal Gear Solid series. Snake says "That's what he TOLD ME (that I was his son)". However, you see Snake fight Big Boss in the two prior games (MG1 and MG2) and nowhere in those games Big Boss ever says that he's Snake's father. That's a retcon. If Snake said something like "[Someone else] told me he was my father", then it wouldn't be a retcon. But since he said "Big Boss himself told me", and this never happens in the prior games, then this is indeed a retcon.

It's easy bait to get complacent fans or people who read wikipedia to praise them for making halfassed references rather than actually working hard and putting in effort to adapt stories accurately

About as much as possible without being ridiculous

Spider-man: Homie

for when they'll introduce Miles to replace Peter.

Attached: 13397628_1815925545305305_801831243_n.jpg (480x480, 32K)

They'll subvert expectations and leave Home out of it.

Spider-Man: Homena Homena Homena
In which Aunt May bares it all.

Attached: f1bce85550db0920152097c6ada1a186.jpg (1200x955, 85K)

Those drones have the kind of tech that can certainly give Shocker that much needed punch

Attached: Shocker Classic.jpg (500x847, 104K)

It was actually really refreshing and cool seeing Mysterio presented as a hero in the first half and it got me thinking how it might be a good way to present some Spidey villains in the MCU, especially ones we've seen in movies before and don't want to just retread like how we've already seen Harry's arc twice already.

Like the more reasonable characters like Doc Ock who's still a super genius with a huge ego but resists the temptations to go full villain or Electro who's still a greedy sadistic shit but decides to get rich and have fun zapping people by becoming a proper superhero rather than robbing banks and they're more anti-heroes that help Spidey against the actual antagonists.

Attached: doc ock.jpg (1280x720, 84K)

Because it's a 2 hour movie and not a comic going on for decades you autist. They're obviously comedic relief characters and it would fuck the pacing up to have two romances played straight.

Spider-Man: Extreme Makeover Home Edition

>My friend lost it at the teacher who got blip-cucked
I'd legit watch a movie of just Martin Starr and JB Smoove's characters.

Spider-Man: Homesick, since it'll obviously be about him on the run from villains hired to catch him

vocaroo.com/i/s0qS55SSHRhE

Eh, Raimi Spider-Man already did reasonable and likable Doc Oc.

>Who's responsible?
>As a man of science, I'd say witches.

desu I wish it was Coach Hannibal instead of JB Smoove, but Smoove's still good.

Teacher's Lounge short starring Martin Starr, JB Smoove, Hannibal Burress and the hispanic mommy from Orange is the New Black when?

>tfw May's giant ass on the big screen

Attached: 1553219803269.gif (400x300, 3.89M)

This would be cool but this Spider-Man has really established himself as a force against organized crime yet, and it doesn't lok like he will be anytime soon.

man, her ass in that office scene when she turned away from Happy

mmmmf MOMMY

>feeling bad for indian flash

The guy at the end still had 500 drones under his control

Exactly this. Could have been better if tension wasn't constantly sacrificed for jokes.

probably both. may shouldn't be this sexy

why is this allowed?

Attached: may.jpg (1499x875, 292K)

So does this movie mean that we're only getting one more movie at most with Spidey in the MCU considering the post credits scene?

Despite the story over reliance in connecting Spidey to Tony all the time, seeing Mysterio in the big screen made it worth watching plus the fact that he is a fantastic villain to see. I think this just solidified that Spider Man really has the best group of villains.

Best details for me was how he just wore a mo-cap suit, i imagined Jake just wore that the whole time filming this movie

I doubt it. Sony won’t want the series to die and will keep pumping out Spider-Man films every couple of years. We’re probably going to get multiple Spider-Man films in each phase.

The Mysterio vs Spidey battle was very similar in feel to the Scarecrow vs Bats battle in the first Arkham game.

That's what he said, yes.

I was getting ready for a chance to see Spider-Man in combat but just turned into a doggypile. Visually fantastic but I was dissappointed.

The last one should be Spider-Man: The Home Stretch

As if we needed another two comedic relief characters.
I get that its supposed to be a fun movie and they're teens or whatever, but when you have two characters close centre of the drama, why do you ,as the director, chose to go in this direction rather than actually doing something with them in the 10 mins of screen time you give them? You just introduced Betty into Peter's circle so you could establish some aspect of her that to make her interesting. Right now, she's just 'that school news girl who liked Ned'r.

She was looking good at the airport.

can be handwaved as "dopleganger from another universe" and him being a genius in our universe doesn't hurt his case

>you see Snake fight Big Boss in the two prior games (MG1 and MG2)
He only fights Big Boss in MG2. In MG1, he fights Venom Snake.

my head canon is Harry is 5 years younger than Peter and looked up to him but now their the same age and their friends but not close friends.

Peter gets taken in by Norman who acts as his another father figure to Peter but is obviously more sinister so Peter is wary of him from the start but he doesn't start as gobby but after the events of the Blip he has been working on his own super soldier serum.

post yfw awkward teen kissing

Attached: download20190200111059.png (600x600, 138K)

This is what I thought was gonna happen too

>In MG1, he fights Venom Snake.

Also a retcon

You guys know he's not really dead, right?

Some think he's still alive, some think dead

Attached: 1560191328953.jpg (970x545, 50K)

Well to be fair the jury's out on that, and could go either way. Beck faking his death isn't exactly new, and the movie does it in such a way to leave the door open for the actor's return if need be. And cmon, its fucking Mysterio. Smart money says he'll want to make a grand return, and be the "hero" that brings Peter to justice

Mysterio fakes his death? How would a man who is a master of special effects and Illusion possibly pull that off.

The illusion fight with Mysterio was everything I ever wanted out of my boy on the big screen. I was even convinced Fury saved him for a minute until he asked who else knew. Fantastic stuff.

How do you guy feel about the drone stuff? When I think of Mysterio, I think of fake robots and holograms so this is surprisingly a nice blend of both. They fly around, create an environment that's basically a mobile Holodeck, and the real hazards are created by various weapons and the environment itself which is kind of genius. My only real gripe with MCU Mysterio is that his suit isn't really real. He needs to be the right mix of "director" and "actor", which I mean he should be a threat hands on when forced to. Nothing outrageous, but the suit should give him minor protection at least. Final confrontation Beck was mostly puppetmaster/stage director

I loved the movie overall, but I had just two complaints. Those flashbacks with the zoom and enhance on Mysterio's crew felt cheesy as hell, but I wouldn't have remembered the actors otherwise, so I'm not 100% sure what the best way to take that was.
The movie starts with May talking to Peter about his spider sense at the fundraiser, then he tells Happy he can't use it right now on the jet, and finally he beats Mysterio using it. Feels like a Spiderman 2 esque subplot was left on the cutting room floor.

He just didn't trust Spidey-Sense.

I think the first point was them channeling Ocean's Eleven given that it Mysterio's crew is essentially an collection of skilled people pulling off jobs together

quick question
When Peter was building his new suit with the hologram stuff, while going through web modifications, arms etc.. was that a goblin glider I saw as one of the options?

ACTIVATE THE PHANTOM RUBY

I think that MCU Peters spider sense has always been a bit iffy with him not really knowing how to use it. It’s only at the end of this film that he finally figures out how to tap into it fully. That’s just my head canon though based on how subtle it was in Homecoming there isn’t an actual explanation.

please, continue

it was in Homecoming? I cannot remember that happening.
There was that short scene in the bus in Infinity War though

It wasn't really shown in Homecoming. However, Peter does manage to do things like dodge punches and quickly web guns out of criminals hands and that sort of stuff. Mainly thinking of the scene with the robbers wearing Avengers masks. I always kinda thought the way he managed to react so quickly was because his spider sense was helping him out. After all I can't really imagine Peter having much combat experience before he got his powers. However, it isn't actually said, that's just how I interpreted it.

>that onesided braid and dress during the peter tingle scene

holy fuck, my dick

They did him justice but the movie fucking sucked imo, deathly boring and the cast just didn't do it for me. Mysterio carried the entire thing, just the whole thing was so cool.

fuck off you total retard

I wouldn't say he's the exact opposite right off the bat. We don't know anything about this Jonah and more importantly he has no relationship to Peter Parker. Jonah was protecting Peter in the clip because he does like him, he's just a dick to everyone he knows in general. Jonah had no reason to not reveal Peter's identity if he believed Mysterio was killed by him in cold blood, as most people had good reason to buy him as a hero. It's what makes Mysterio so damn sinister even in his death.

is he dead

I liked the final confrontation. Mysterio was always the type of guy who went down after one punch.

Edith only said there were no more illusions, he could have just been, well, acting.

I think we're meant to think that Peter hasn't used his Spidey-Sense before because he's always distracted by the fear of the situation he's in. May throwing the banana in his face establishes it's definitely danger based and he learned to use it properly in the climax by just closing his eyes (How The Fuck Is Psychological Warfare Real Like Nigga Close Your Eyes Haha) so he could stay calm and focus on the sensation of where the danger was coming from when before he probably didn't even notice it other than that one time on the bus when he sensed the ayy lmaos because he was too busy panicking.