Anyone else have a problem with how the 40s were portrayed in the first avenger?

Anyone else have a problem with how the 40s were portrayed in the first avenger?
Everybody seems too clean

Attached: captain-america-first-avenger-best-reviewed-marvel-movies.jpg (2000x1331, 385K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DyaF_gCKWsI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No one would watch if it were Snowpiercer levels of dank.

Attached: SnowpiercerCurtisGilliam.jpg (2048x1360, 637K)

People in the 40's were fucking obsessed with being presentable at all times. Fucking plumbers would wear ties to work and shit. You think they weren't clean?

Pretty sure people would watch anything with good looking actors no matter how dank it is.

In the case of the war scenes I would agree that they aren't dirty enough going by some pictures I've seen of men in trenches and prisoners.
>Fucking plumbers would wear ties to work and shit.
On the job? I doubt it. In the 40's and 50's plumbers and all matter of manual workers wore those collar neck shirts, denim pants or overalls and jumpsuits.

I looked for plumbers wearing a tie on google and I only got photos of hipsters wearing jumpsuits and bowties and the title of a shitty movie called "Plumbers don't wear ties".

Attached: todd-grandpa-father-son-plumbers.jpg (631x434, 84K)

Why do you think everyone in the past was coated in dirt all the time?

Attached: Pigpen.jpg (300x255, 18K)

The shower was invented 173 years before the the 40s, user.

>and the title of a shitty movie called "Plumbers don't wear ties".

youtube.com/watch?v=DyaF_gCKWsI

It was the 40's, not the Dark Ages.

Showers existed.

>Character that repels the other characters because of how dirty he is, is proof that everyone in the past was coated in dirt all the time

We got us a real brainlet here lads

Etiquette elitism that started in the Victorian era pretty much died during/after the depression dude.

Like if this was the 20's you'd may be right but by the 40's nobody gave a fuck about that shit anymore since most people could barely even afford a tie.

Are you fucking retarded?
are you actually brain dead? All the way up into the 60s men didn't leave the house dressed in anything but a suit and hat. Yes there were ghettos but get real it wasnt the middle ages.

Attached: czpff3Fr5EKvaM-cdRquZb0NZ8WFv4pi1V66_zzimh0.png (960x720, 602K)

>Posts picture of people dressed in the 1930's as proof
>Said picture is related to the Harlem Renascence and taken at a shopping/entertainment district
It's a little disingenuous. People still dressed up to go out sure but the point I'm making that it was no longer the extreme that was once associated with it.

That's like if I posted a picture of people watching an opera and said this was how everyone always dresses up today for everything.

to get the thread back on track I somewhat agree
my biggest gripe was how all the Nazis were using laser weapons and armored cars
I just wanted some panzers and schmeissers bouncing around

Attached: 1510588461881.jpg (672x357, 59K)

That's Joe Johnston for you.

Attached: joe johnston rocketeer.jpg (971x626, 108K)

The movie felt like it really wanted Hydra to be as far away from the Nazi's as possible which is weird. Does anyone in the movie actually say "Nazi"?

I think Dr. Erskine asks Rogers if he wants to join the war to kill Nazis.

Rogers gives the wholesome answer of "I don't want to kill anyone, I just want to" protect freedom or help people or something.

It's the 40's as portrayed in comics from the 40's.

People bathed in the Dark Ages

>Etiquette elitism
>Damn those white people and their...

It's more like "Rich people and their.."
And don't act as if it wasn't excessive and dumb. You shouldn't need to wear a suit and/or corset throughout the entirety of you day with the sole exception of sleeping.

You also don't need 3 different forks, spoons and knives.

I remember that movie, I made some fat chick from my class sperg out about it because I was talking with some people and said that it looked like shit.

>You also don't need 3 different forks, spoons and knives.
Don't tell me how to live my life.

Not with showers.

Showers did exist back then, it wasn't the medieval times

you wanna talk "too clean", look at shit like game of thrones.
that's ridiculous.

you get a savage wild woman in the medieval ages naked, and she has neatly trimmed pubes, like wtf

The only problem I have is how badly I want to choke on Chris Evans’ cock.

Go to bed Hayley

Bucky looks better with short hair

I think this is largely a side effect of Captain America having been developed for a global market, and more than a few European countries are a bit touchy about the whole 'showing Nazis on screen'. (Pretty sure Germany is NOT the only one)

It would have been nice, but I still was able to enjoy the movie, and in a way it worked out better with them having this be sort of a Gaiden story to the WWII setting instead of trying to interweave Cap's battles with stuff like the Afrika campaign.

It needed more bigotry. Like n word.

I wish we got a small MGS reference in the form of The Boss

Attached: The_Boss.png (170x389, 93K)

Cap's face wasn't covered with Bucky's cum, so yeah, too clean.

God, Snowpiercer was fucking insane

>trying to interweave Cap's battles with stuff like the Afrika campaign.

During one of the montages, they have some footage of Cap imposed into actual WW2 footage, giving the impression that between fighting Hydra, he also fought the regular wehrmacht occasionally.

Not really...you must not watch many movies.

No fucking NAZI

How come Bucky's forehead looks so huge in later movies?

It looks well proportioned here.

Because the haircut suits him better.

And then there was the propaganda reels they were shooting. In a neat detail, burned out German tanks in that sequence were actually portrayed by repainted American models, because that's what they would've had lying about at the time.

Yes and they show the Swastika a few times but ultimately Disney wants to profit out of making bad guy toys and the don't want to spend too much time editing out the swastikas for the European screenings so they made HYDRA their marketing friendly Nazis.

DEATH

>the title of a shitty movie called "Plumbers don't wear ties".
a fuckin' chicken mask!

Welsh coal miners from the turn of the 1900s having literally just finished a shift in the one of the dirtiest jobs going and living in some of the poorest communities in the UK at the time.

Still effectively wearing three piece suits.

Attached: coal.jpg (615x409, 70K)