His no kill rule is objectively retarded and useless in the long term

His no kill rule is objectively retarded and useless in the long term.

Attached: B94391DE-84B8-48E1-B488-C5A0BCC5C493.jpg (1242x1500, 1.07M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Bad
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Well done, OP, you’ve cracked the code. The comicbook hero doesn’t make total sense, do you want a cookie?

Attached: 8F470D00-B5D6-431C-8F3D-BA67B18E4724.gif (500x286, 316K)

His no-kill rule would be fine if not for eternal serialization.

We should really call it his "No intent to kill" rule. Because A LOT of what Bruce does to crooks should result in death, if not long term medical complications

It wouldn't be that retarded if villains were actually kept in jail for a long long time and don't come back in an event where they are actually killed

You want another knightfall?

You'll understand when you graduate high school and grow out of your edgelord phase

I don't think the average person understands how dangerous getting knocked out is. Bruce would leave a trail of braindead invalids in his wake. And plenty of dead goons as well

making new villains is hard

Yeah ain't it crazy how fiction, regardless of medium, portrays it as an off switch? It's not, it's fucking serious. They make it look so easy too, like any love tap will do it.

You’re the edgy one, faggot.

Let me break this down for your walnut brain, Gotham City is supposed to be literal hell. An irredeemable shithole of organized crime and whatnot. In comes Batman. Batman fights the big bad and the big bads goons. Sets up a reputation for fighting big bads. Usually the big bads stay in prison/asylum. Following me so far buddy?

Then comes someone like the Joker, or Penguin, or fucking whoever, that continuously escape custody or jew themselves out of court. That continue to go out and ruin lives, repercussions be damned. This is where the no kill rule goes from “kinda stupid” to smallbrain drool hours. Theres no objective reason to not kill them at that point.

Attached: 4DF0A3C0-7A37-4FC0-82A1-AB77D84DC8D4.jpg (920x960, 85K)

GOD I LOVE THE PUNISHER.

WHY AREN'T ALL SUPERHEROES THE PUNISHER.

WHY CAN'T THE MOVIES BE LIKE THE 80S WHEN EVERYONE DIED.

GOD.

It would work fine if it weren't for Gotham inexplicably putting all criminals in a mental hospital instead of a prison and somehow having all of them escape every single time they're admitted.
In real life it's almost impossible to do a successful insanity plea. Even defendants who are psychotic by any reasonable measure fail the test more often than not because the burden of proof is on the defense in that case and you have to prove something along the lines of the defendant not having any understanding of the nature and quality of their actions and not knowing that their actions would be wrong. Pretty much all the Gotham supervillains would fail to count as insane by those standards since you don't have a very interesting comic book plot if the villain is "shitting his pants, randomly firing off a gun in an enclosed public area, and doesn't know where he is or what he's doing" grade insane.

There is one. Batman is effectively a deputized asset of the GCPD. If he wasn't, nobody he catches could legally be detained. But naturally, making a vigilante an enforcer of the law places Jim Gordon in deep, hot water with a lot of scummy jews at the state and federal level, who would love to take any opportunity granted to roll in and enact their own interests in Gotham.

So Batman is left at a dilemma: yes, the Joker has killed a lot of people (in canon outside of some truly stupid writers like King/Snyder, his bodycount of innocents is more like a few dozen than literal hundreds), but if he takes the final step and ends his life, then Batman will start a chain reaction. Gordon will have to disavow him, genuine scum like Amanda Waller will roll into Gotham and introduce a whole new level of corruption to the city, and he'll be unable to protect innocent children from losing their parents to some punk with a gun.

That's the angle writers need to push harder: Batman is a superhero, but one bound by the laws to a greater extent than most. If he loses control, he doesn't just damn himself, but all of Gotham.

Epic post, really loved that part of it where you didn’t actually prove anything I said was wrong, or edgy.

Attached: 1ACD2183-6F2C-419B-9626-891BE504282B.jpg (1280x694, 104K)

>big bads
People who use Joss Whedon slang should be auto-banned so they can go back to TV Tropes where they belong.

It's only objectively retarded when DC keeps turning sympathetic villains that are supposed to just rob banks and leave thematic riddles behind into mass-murderers.

In canon? Joker regularly does stuff like gas entire concerts. Counting emperor Joker his kill count is literally infinity. King/Snyder or not he’s killed a lot more than a couple dozen.

>i dont understand batman and or the long running nature of comics

If that were the case, they'd have the army out to put Joker down 24/7. At that point the fault is on the writer, not Batman. Joker only makes sense to be permitted to live if he's a dangerous, but relatively minor threat on a larger scale than one city, and most stories I've seen with him treat him as a killer and a thief, but not a mass-murderer.

Because Batman comics don’t make sense dumbass. There’s a plant-lady a killer croc and a clay face. God, if you expect characters to be treated realistically read Punisher Max, Batman’s never been and has never been meant to be realistic

user in your blind shitposting you've lost sight of who is and isn't arguing against you. I'm the guy saying Batman SHOULDN'T kill, because there are strong reasons to maintain a relationship with the police, which is itself a holdover from the Golden and Silver Age comics you're dying on a hill besides. Calm down.

>obscure basedboy director invented the term big bad

Attached: FF9DEC19-C7A9-4E6A-BA87-720299629CC0.jpg (1360x768, 63K)

I’m just saying Joker has a higher kill count than a couple dozen. The fact they don’t send the army after him is because comics aren’t realistic, you want a couple dozen you pick Zsasz

Even with connections to the GCPD I can’t think of a single reason why Batman shouldn’t throw Joker from a building. We’re not talking about like Penguin, who almost guarantee ably has some state/federal connections to jew out of a sentencing, we’re talking about a mentally unstable domestic terrorist. Thats when no kill becomes dumb.

Attached: BAC3F1A3-F8C3-40F4-9D44-64510B243B77.jpg (475x792, 46K)

>obscure
Were you in a coma during the 90s? There was this show called Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Anyway, it absolutely is Joss Whedon slang and you should stop using it. Just say "villain" instead and make your posts 300% less cringy.

Can everyone just stop replying to OP? It’s obvious bait, let the thread die.

His no kill rule is objectively retarded and useless in the long term.

Attached: 4d6352c4d575115336677aa6815b59d2.jpg (1032x1080, 563K)

>term used on a show that had capeshit director on as a writer is now eternally tied to that director because reasons regardless of future context

Attached: 6461AA79-F26C-4CE4-ACE5-B55445546F73.jpg (640x480, 96K)

Their no kill rule is objectively retarded and useless in the long term.

Attached: 471503._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg (1280x1968, 648K)

based and punisherpilled

Attached: 2ujgEF2.jpg (720x960, 44K)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Bad
>Big Bad is a term originally used by the Buffy the Vampire Slayer television series
There you go, faggot. Now stop mentioning that retarded phrase and use "villain" instead going forward. This isn't difficult.

Cyclops has straight up executed people before, Sabertooth is a serial killer, X-23/Nu-Wolverine has slaughters dozens on the regular, and Psylocke who is a prominent X-Men member is addicted to killing people.

But on the other hand, one of their sworn enemies is an immensely powerful first mutant who enhances his already insane powers with extraterrestrial technology....maybe not killing him is a terrible idea.

Unironically yes, because Azbats was based af and literally cared nothing about who he killed. Like Batman should be, a cold, merciless, dgaf killer of everything around him.

So basically DC should make Batman into The Punisher?
I mean, they do it with every live action Batman since Keaton so what do they possibly have to lose?

In the comic world where every one of his villains is a killer & can cause end of the world events whenever they want? Yes. In a logical world where most of his villains are just mentally ill villains that don't intend to kill people? No.

He should at least make an example out of the Joker. Even if he doesn't kill any of his other villains, the thought that he might may deter some of them.

If you kill the Joker you become just like him
That's how it works right

Attached: jf30.jpg (632x475, 156K)

Yes because Bruce Wayne/Batman would be a far better character if he was a cold psychopathic serial killer? I mean the dude has issues and DC's made him a borderline villain before but not to the extent you're talking about.

You become the new host for the J-virus and gradually transform into the new Joker

Why the hell is Kitty more prominent than Cyclops? Why doesn't Storm lead anymore?

Except for the fact that literally every other hero, and almost exclusively villains too, have the same or a similar rule.

It’s like an unwritten code in the super villain/hero community

Agreed, he needs to break into Arkham, murder everyone, and Gotham's problems would drop considerably, go to BlackGate and do the same and BOOM! No more crime in Gotham, and Bruce can retire from Batman to fuck Selina silly all day every day.

Batman and Wonder Woman need to switch "kill" codes.
Diana needs to be absurdly, ridiculously obsessed with saving everyone possible
Bruce should be avoiding killing whenever possible, but not hesitating when it comes to life or death, especially that of innocent people

They are kept in jail for a long time

That's a neat premise

I've said this a thousand times. The current Trinity dynamic is fucked. Batman should be the sketchy, pragmatic one that's passionate about "true" justice, not Wonder Woman.

The Knightfall we have is fine.
She just needs to be used more.

Why the fuck is the X-men so hilariously inconsistent? Even with the same members they kill some minor villains but still allow extremely dangerous individuals like Magneto,Juggernaut and Mystique to live again and again.

If only comics weren't stuck in a neverending serialized state of nonprogression.

I feel like the way Batman's story should work is by ultimately saving each of his villains in some way that makes them mentally healthy or whatever.

>Arkham Asylum is the worst prison ever!
>also happens to be the only capeshit prison people at large know about

Congratulations. You’ve figured out that Capes are fucking stupid. Are you going to move on to bigger and better things now, or keep torturing yourself like a masochist.

um actually there is some nuisance to it.

Big Bad, Villain, and Antagonist are not different terms used to describe the same thing. They each have times where they are most appropriate.

Attached: laugh - crippled irishman.gif (176x144, 1.81M)

If his identity is revealed he at least can't be charged with murder, I guess.

Selina is pleb taste

This. The problem isn't that Batman doesn't kill, the problem is that his rogues have gotten more murderous over the years.

If they were pulling this kind of shit in the silver age I reckon even Batman would have capped them.

Blame the Batwank for this. His fanboys insist that Batman must be as impressive and powerful as the rest of the Trinity (instead of being a detective first and a hulking superhero second), and the writers cater to them by making his villains more overpowered and murderous. But at the same time his fanboys won't accept him being a killer, so now you have Class 10 super murderers walking away again and again for ridiculous reasons.

>do you want a cookie?
not him but.........yes.

Attached: 1562006988374.png (1024x682, 77K)

Exactly this. Batman is a policeman, not an executioner. He only kills when he has to and he never has to. That makes sense when he's just a beat cop or a detective but now every incident requires an armed response SWAT team level response.

because Magneto leads to a bigger problem, kill him and he becomes a martyr to brain dead revolutionaries.

Can't you see? If batman kills all his iconic villains, who would play antagonists of the series? Some random new shit who just makes people miss the old ones? It's just simple as that.