I'm curious about reading Superman. Not necessarily all of it...

I'm curious about reading Superman. Not necessarily all of it, just the stuff that you'd recommend to people generally unfamiliar with anything more than the basic stuff about the guy.

Also, are there any particular arcs of Superman's comics that explore Krypton?

Attached: ba4c8e8f9568d74f248d0fde6c7670e4.jpg (1235x1242, 240K)

This is a pretty good place to start. The DC Universe by Mike Mignola is a pretty recent print that has a bunch of old Krypton stories.

Attached: 1454196401182.jpg (1102x1442, 579K)

World of New Krypton is a storyline in which a Kryptonian city is hovering over Earth and there's suddenly thousands of people with Superman's powers. Don't know much about it but that was a pretty big thing for Superman at the time.

Attached: Superman_-_World_of_New_Krypton_Vol_1_1.jpg (400x621, 84K)

Thanks.

Return to Krypton

>Krypton

There's some mini-series that were done in the Silver Ages that's kinda interesting - and there's some stories in the Superbooks that were pretty good (when Superman met his parents, in fact, there have been several returns to krypton, most recently in the New 52, since the 1950s.

You can find the actually collection of pic related (which has that Mignola recs from without giving you some non-related stuff). It's either going to be on one of those read comics online site, should be for sale at an LCS since it's a fairly recent book (you might even find it for sale - or they should be able to order it for you at LIST, do not except their attempts to mark it up, it's still in print), or you can download it at the usual sites.

As far as the rec list, I would hearity recommend Superman Secret Identity as an excellent and short mini-series collection, the Cooke Kryptonite collection, Birthright and For All Seasons. The rest, if you are new, are going to be more confusing than not.

Likewise, all of those except for Kryptonite (possible but not likely) and Birthright should be in print at list, and definitely are at Read Comic sites and you can find good digital rips at the regular (browser search) sources for download.

That's more than enough to get you started. Birthright, to a very small extent, will also include some Krypton adjacent stuff.

Attached: World of Krypton (1987) 01.jpg (415x640, 262K)

Siegel & Shuster.
This is the origin and the zenith, the first and the best, everything is here.

Attached: GoldenAge.jpg (1643x2560, 792K)

All-Star Superman
Superman Secret Origin
Superman and the Legion of Superheroes
Superman: Braniac
Grant Morrison's New52 Action Comics run

It's also pretty bad and suffers a lot of editorial backseat plotting and meddling that was noted by George Perez for New 52. I think you can pretty much write a book about the bts shit with New Kryppton.

Did this version of Superman really get a Spawn cape?

Yeah. I remember a lot of mixed reactions when it came out. Shit really started to stink when leaks came out about the mess that was going on in the Superman office.

John Byrne is a hack and Geoff Johns is overrated and alright at best.

>bts shit

Attached: download (1).jpg (218x231, 10K)

DC Rebirth action comics by dan jurgens.

Geoff Johns' Action Comics run was absolutely fucking spectacular.

>Superman and the Legion of Superheroes
>Superman: Braniac
nah, these are overrated
so bland compared to the silver age

i'd suggest these two
while they're not necessarily the "greatest" stories ever told, they are all good

Attached: greatest1.jpg (257x400, 23K)

here's the other collection, similar but not the same as far as i remember
you get a sample of each era so you can look for further reading

Attached: greatest2.jpg (600x934, 83K)

Yea Forums doesnt read comics. It's primarily shills from other sites now.

>Peace on Earth
Nice. That one is criminally underappreciated.

So the World of Krypton storyline, with Superwoman, and Chris Ken being older and also lovers with Supergirl's best friend, and Mon-el appearing was a bad storyline. The actual 12 part Wold Of Krypton comic book With Superman in New Krypton as a soldier under General Zod was good. If you ignore the surrounding storyline.

WOW.. I never saw this..