What's some essential Looneykino?

What's some essential Looneykino?

Attached: LooneyTunesWallpaper1024.jpg (1024x768, 208K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymotion.com/video/x3yzde8
cocatalog.loc.gov/cgi-bin/Pwebrecon.cgi?v1=6&ti=1,6&Search_Arg=Night of the living dead&Search_Code=TALL&CNT=25&REC=0&RD=0&RC=0&PID=wuUm4Kcp1yVhWXTNCmVKaGtcJh&SEQ=20190703201139&SID=1
blu-ray.com/movies/Private-Snafu-Golden-Classics-Blu-ray/108796/
youtube.com/watch?v=O0zW5sQiFrE&list=PLEDA0A52ACF1E0F69
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Duck Amuck, What's Opera Doc, Duck Dodgers in the 24th and a Half Century, Knighty Knight Bugs

Attached: RCO013_1469579564.jpg (1024x1599, 604K)

Looney Tunes Cartoons 2019

There's only one episode out.

Great Piggy Bank Robbery

Do you think anything about the new shorts will be revealed at the Comic Con?

Attached: marvin_link2.jpg (500x435, 80K)

Buckaroo Bugs

The pinball machine.

Attached: Bugs Bunny's Birthday Ball flyer back.jpg (609x792, 174K)

Lunatics Unleashed.

There was one Wile E Coyote and Roadrunner episode where the whole theme of the episode was Wile E falling off a cliff.

Don't know why, but that one always resonated with me the most.

I did like the Daffy Duck spoofing Robin hood, too

late 30's and 40's era Clampett and Tex are the best of what Looney Tunes has to offer

>Clampett
Great Piggy Bank Robbery
Wabbit Twouble
The Wacky Wabbit
Tortoise Wins by a Hare
Coal Black and de Sebben Dwarfs
A Tale of Two Kitties
The Wise Quacking Duck
A Corny Concerto
Tick Tock Tuckered
Russian Rhapsody
The Big Snooze
A Gruesome Twosome
The Old Grey Hare
Book Revue
Baby Bottleneck
Bugs Bunny Gets the Boid
The Daffy Doc
Porky in Wackyland
>Tex
I Love to Singa (Merrie Melodies)
Porky's Duck Hunt
Daffy Duck & Egghead
Daffy Duck in Hollywood (not to be confused with Hollywood Daffy)
A Wild Hare
The Heckling Hare
Tortoise Beats Hare

This is coming from a connoisseur and not some casual who's just gonna recommend Rabbit Seasoning or Duck Amuck for the 1000th time. They're okay but you gotta do some digging if you want the best shit. I'll do Chuck Jones and Bob McKimson cartoons later.

Attached: macho man.png (420x420, 210K)

Bugs and Thugs

Wappin' (1989)

Does anyone think the Tiny Toons will make an appearance in the Loony Tunes Cartoons?

Why would anybody want them to?

The one where Bugs is going to be stuffed and he fucks with the taxidermist for 5 minutes.

Fuck off, Famicom.

At best a reference like TLTS. That would be more of Animaniac's thing to cameo them
People mentioning Tiny Toons does not make him Famicom you actual autist. Stop derailing threads because you're worse then Barneyfag now

What's Opera Doc?
Duck Amuck
Duck Dodgers in the 24½th Century
One Froggy Evening
Porky in Wackyland
Rabbit of Seville
The Great Piggy Bank Robbery
Coal Black and de Sebben Dwarfs
Rabbit Seasoning
The Scarlet Pumpernickel
You Ought to be in Pictures
Ali Baba Bunny
Feed the Kitty
Little Red Riding Rabbit
Book Revue
A Corny Concerto
"The Dover Boys at Pimento University" or "The Rivals of Roquefort Hall"

Attached: 610619AF-2932-45EB-A6B1-2CAFD8E3BE91.jpg (230x345, 37K)

This one is pretty damn good.

Who directed this short?

Tex Avery
It's one of only three Bugs shorts he directed. (the other two being "A Wild Hare" and "Tortoise Beats Hare")

Still no new shorts. fuck this life.

Rabbit of seville
Anything with Sylvester's son in it
Daffy duck as robin hood
Duck dodgers (episode and tv spin off)

Pretty mediocre lineup there. You calls these essentials?

Even worse, not date for when the new shorts come out. It's one thing to wait, but waiting when not knowing for how long sucks.

The rabbit season, duck season trilogy.

>She will never return
feels bad, man

Attached: KWa7gmZ.png (1456x819, 762K)

You mean the most stale and overplayed cartoons in the Looney Tunes catalog? Do u even Looney Tunes?

Rebel Rabbit is underrated.

Attached: tenor.gif (320x240, 772K)

McKimson was an underrated director.

This was posted by Eric Bauza 6 hours ago. The designs are pretty amazing and we get our first look at Tweety. It sucks it's the yellow version but he does look good.

Attached: Looney Tunes Poster.jpg (1180x1200, 698K)

The yellow version as opposed to what?

Attached: vlcsnap-2015-08-28-21h54m01s103.png (720x540, 613K)

Tails gets trolled

Attached: Bugs1.png (430x422, 180K)

Well then.

I wish Popeye got new shorts with this level of care.

These are literally the only cartoons Tweety has ever been funny in and I mean that with sincerity

I think Popeye is owned by Paramount nowadays and they don't even have a TV animation department to my knowledge

Can you name them?

This Daffy masterpiece right here:
dailymotion.com/video/x3yzde8

Attached: Mexican Joyride.jpg (1202x900, 343K)

Arthur Davis needs more love.

What the fuck. I didn't even update the thread before making this and here you are posting some Arthur Davis.

B/W Looney Tunes doesn't get much love but this one was great. Pretty much anything WWII-related is worth watching.

Attached: Scrap Happy Daffy.png (986x720, 506K)

>Bugs Bunny Gets the Boid
Good short but the part with the bones drags on too long.
>Book Revue
Never really got into this one. Well-animated sure, but the jokes themselves are pretty flat.
Also, no Buckaroo Bugs?

Attached: 504560.jpg (360x270, 23K)

The Great Piggy Bank Robbery

I'm surprised that one got a restoration. WB usually doesn't give a flying fuck about the Public Domain shorts.

>A Tale of Two Kitties
You Sir, are a man of taste.

Hilbilly Hare has me in tears everytime I watch it.

What does Yea Forums think of Loonatics Unleashed?

Attached: Loonatics_titulo.jpg (1280x960, 299K)

False

Attached: The_Sylvester_and_Tweety_Mysteries.jpg (640x480, 36K)

This show was pretty mediocre and not all funny.

Nigger, that show was awful. And I suspect you are Famicom/TMS Fag, since he's the only autist that ever tries to insist it was anything but lame and forgettable.

>Famicom/TMS Fag
Idk what that means, but this and Baby Looney Tunes were top tier home sick from school kino

Who was Baby Looney Tunes even made for? When I was a kid, I just watched Looney Tunes. I didn't need them to be babies to appeal to me.

Kids home sick from school that needed something comfy and nonoffensive to watch because they were tired of Bob Barker

Babies

Tails gets trolled

>Babies

No, that's who Regular Looney Tunes were made for.

Current distribution rights to Popeye seem to be owned by Sony/Columbia

PD restorations can get really confusing. Night of the Living Dead recently got one but the restoration itself has been copyrighted, which means uploading it on something like Youtube will get it taken down and other companies can't resell it. I wouldn't be surprised if this is also the case with restored public domain LT/MM shorts.

You don’t want to know

There may be literally 5 people on the planet who actually liked that and even that's generous.

>

you never know, after all Lola was barely used in anything between Space Jam and The Looney Tunes Show(especially if we don't count Baby Looney Tunes) and now she's a mainstay cast member

if I recall properly Time-Warner owns all the Theatrical Shorts and most of the TV shows that Popeye's had, King Features Syndicate owns the comics rights(since Thimble Theatre is still in production), and Sony has the current Film Rights(though I think Disney still owns the Robin Williams film)

This is utter nonsense. I remember pretending to be sick to stay home from school and I felt ashamed that I wasted a day off and the only thing that was on was Baby Looney Tunes. It's garbage and it made me wish they still played a Pup Named Scooby-Doo.

How would anyone know it's a particular restoration when all they'd have to do is remove whatever logo that would be shown at the begin inning before uploading it?

>Pup Named Scooby-Doo
This was better than those, but I still enjoyed all three

>Page 9
fuck off

The problem is that Space Jam was a movie with a bunch of merchandise. She made appearances in apparel, the comics, and was popular enough to get into Baby Looney Tunes. Meanwhile Duck Dodgers, though well regarded by Looney Tunes fans, hasn't made much of a splash. The World of Mayham game has references to it and there's one or two comics based off of the TV series, but it has almost no merchandising (outside of those Funko figurines) and there's just not a lot of effort to reference it.

Like if Lola was given a part in the Looney Tunes show, the fact that nothing Duck Dodgers related was incorporated kind of shows to me that they aren't interested in bringing anyone back. Also, Lola's in that Wabbit/New Looney Tunes show as well.

>yfw they finally announce the release date and we don't have to endure nebulous wait times

Attached: 1560394460388.jpg (490x379, 77K)

I wouldn't call the show funny, it's comfy as hell though.

It has the best version of Count Blood Count since the original short both in design and voice. It's odd how all other LT related shows and spin-offs fuck him up hard. Tiny Toons, Duck Dodgers, Wabbit.. All terrible incarnations of the character and if they bring him back for the new shorts, he better be voiced by Corey Burton and not that fucker who voices him in New Looney Tunes.

3rd parties wouldn't have access to the film negatives or interpositives, so you might be able to tell by the quality of the video. Of course they can telecine any 16/32mm print they may have themselves if it's public domain.

Here is the copyright for the NotLD restoration by the way:
cocatalog.loc.gov/cgi-bin/Pwebrecon.cgi?v1=6&ti=1,6&Search_Arg=Night of the living dead&Search_Code=TALL&CNT=25&REC=0&RD=0&RC=0&PID=wuUm4Kcp1yVhWXTNCmVKaGtcJh&SEQ=20190703201139&SID=1
Couldn't find any for a few PD LT shorts I've checked so you might be allowed to upload the BD versions to Youtube.

>I've checked so you might be allowed to upload the BD versions to Youtube.
You should do that

>fucked up link
Sorry, can't get a good link out of that site. Look for "night of the living dead"(date descending) on there and it will be the 6th result.

The wet cement short looks like it takes place in the early 20th century. Do you think there will be some episodes taking place in the modern era?

A while ago I watched most of Frank Tashlin and Art Davis' shorts. They're severely underrated; I like seeing some different comedic timing from the shorts that are better-known.

Some of Davis:
>What Makes Daffy Duck (1948) is probably his best
>Odor of the Day
>Catch as Cats Can
>Doggone Cats
>Bye Bye Bluebeard

Some of Tashlin:
>Nasty Quacks
>The Unruly Hare
>Puss 'n Booty
>Plane Daffy

My favorite Looney Tunes shorts are the public domain ones since they were the ones I watched most as a kid on those cheap VHS tapes put out by every company.
>mfw I bought the Captains of the Clouds DVD just to have Fresh Hare in the best quality possible
If memory serves most of the other PD shorts are available on the Golden/Platinum collections rights? Except for a couple like Fresh Hare which they stuck on with random movies or ones like A Day at the Zoo which has never been officially released past LD.

>Rabbit of Seville
I see this one on a lot of "best Looney Tunes" lists, but I've never seen what was so special about it.

The gags aren't really funny, the premise wears thin fast, and the timing with the music just seems par for the course. Is there anything really outstanding about it?

I'd take their cartoons over Friz any day.

>childhood memories are just about sitting in front of the tv

Attached: waste.png (424x329, 203K)

It's for boring people who like watching the same 5 cartoons over and over. I'd rather blow my brains out then sit through the whole barber shop gag again. Maybe it was funny once but it gets old after the 30th time. I wonder if shorts like these are actually considered the best or it's only known because of constant re-runs on television thus people are more familiar with them. I can name at least 50 shorts off the top of my head that are funnier. At least 12 feature Bugs and Elmer.

>as opposed to playing with your friends who are at school during your sick day
What a retard.

Quite a few of them are still unavailable on DVD or BD and some of the controversial ones like All This and Rabbit Stew and Tokio Jokio were never available on home video at all.

This threads making me miss Toon Heads.

Attached: tumblr_mg8m8o8kVi1roj4ago1_1280.png.jpg (1197x899, 136K)

The Inki shorts as well, are they PD?

A tale of two kitties
Gruesome Twosome
Birdy and the Beast

Anyone got any recs for MM/LT shorts with no dialogue besides stuff like Road Runner, Inki and One Froggy Evening?

"Inki and the Minah Bird" is, all the others are copyrighted from what I can tell. IIRC all the PD shorts are ones AAP bought from WB. United Artists took them over from AAP and failed to renew them in the early 70s. Anything post-1943 is copyrighted.

All the Snafu shorts are also public domain since they were created specifically for the US government.

Has WB officially released all the Snafu shorts on DVD/BD?

The one with that n*gger trying to hunt Bugs.

That's weird, because it was on a no-name company's VHS compilation that I saw Rabbit Stew in the first place. I'll concede they'll probably never re-release it officially, though.

blu-ray.com/movies/Private-Snafu-Golden-Classics-Blu-ray/108796/
That's most of them restored, but not by WB. Some of them are on the Platinum Collection BDs as well but I think they were in SD.

I meant officially by WB, I should have made that clear.

Anything with Daffy as the MC

Not a bad choice

Attached: 43546.gif (426x346, 1.19M)

Never say never man. In the last couple of years the WA has been allowed to release shorts with questionable content in Porky 101 and the Popeye blu-rays. The Warner preservation project is doing EVERYTHING WB have ever made so it's just a question of whether a department like Warner Archive will be allowed to quietly release them, most likely as some sort of specially marked adult only collectors set with a bunch of warnings or something.

I wish the Thunderbean stuff was easier to buy internationally. Amazon charge an arm and a leg for int shipping.

>Well, call me Adan

It's it Adam because he's only got the leaf to cover himself?

If you ever get the chance, watch it in a theater. A local theater did a "Night of Looney Tunes" event where they showed a bunch of classic shorts, and Rabbit of Seville was one of the highlights. Watching it in a crowded room on the big screen completely changes the context.

Here's some advice. Don't watch in chronological order like me. The quality of the cartoons drop significantly from 1952 onward. Not saying they are bad, but it's past it's peak.

>I can name at least 50 shorts off the top of my head that are funnier.
Go on then.

>Having friends

Get out normie.

Just got back from seeing that Yesterday movie, and it reminded me of the fact that there's this album where the Looney Tunes cast sang Beatles songs.
youtube.com/watch?v=O0zW5sQiFrE&list=PLEDA0A52ACF1E0F69

I want them to somehow incorporate this enigma in the Looney Tunes Cartoons.

Attached: unnamed-31.jpg (928x523, 69K)

The Bugs Bunny Mystery Special

Anyone know the name of the actual Looney Tunes album? or have a download link?

>Mexican Joyride
May I suggest "The Timid Toreador" from 1940?

The ones where Daffy is daffy

What about when Bugs is bugs?

Reminder Arthur Q. Bryan was a pedophile.

>The Dover Boys
Basef and Backslidepilled. So glad I didn't have to say it.
Also, The Looney Tunes Show is a bizarre amalgamation of Looney Tunes and Seinfeld but honestly it works really well. I'd leave it at the back end of your watch list.

Scoob and shag

Attached: Bugs_dead_air.png (1280x1829, 2.16M)

This pic is based