MCU Spider-Man is the best cinematic Spider-Man and one of the best versions of the character ever. He feels energetic...

MCU Spider-Man is the best cinematic Spider-Man and one of the best versions of the character ever. He feels energetic, new, modern and real. He is a perfectly realistic and relatable portrayal of a teenager (especially a geeky teenager), without being too meek or too much of an asshole like the previous cinematic Spider-Men, while also delivering the heroics and selflessness that makes Spider-Man such a loveable superhero.

People complaining about "muh Iron Boy", "not muh Spider-Man" are either brainlets that completely miss the point of the character or retarded nostalgiafags

Attached: Spider-Man.jpg (711x1052, 163K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DC_AqezinXM
youtu.be/3R1lxNS7AZQ
youtu.be/w7PqGUABOqk
youtu.be/3Wn1uewM-aQ
youtu.be/4eIq1b5vvk0
files.catbox.moe/0wxts5.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I agree OP. I think Holland is the most perfectly cast Spidey and that the only issue is the writing at times. He was best in Civil War and Infinity War

Attached: 7BDAF45F-9565-49A0-A171-5EE1F078B86C.jpg (1280x720, 164K)

>it's an actual unironic paid Disneyshill thread

Attached: 104747261519.jpg (399x400, 16K)

Far from home and homecoming are way too immature and retarded even by teenage standards but I actually liked Spider-Man’s participation on infinity war because he was way more serious
I like Holland’s spiderman, but I hate the kiddie jokes so fucking much I actually don’t wanna watch the next movies

Please find new ways to get attention

This feels like a Reddit post

I like Holland's version of Spider-Man but I am glad he's starting to evolve into his own person now. The Iron Lad stuff was fine to intergrate him into the MCU but it's over now and it's best to move on. As for villains, Vulture was fantastic and Mysterio seems good from what I've seen and heard.

You have to be 18 to post here.

The Mouse shills aren't even trying to hide it anymore. Is Disney this insecure about the new movie?

Even the most idiotic Raimifag would see this as a bait

Attached: No shit, Gumball.png (628x667, 261K)

It's made by marvel but it's a Sony movie retard

MCU Spidey is basically a double edged sword. The take on him, the story they have put him in and the new stuff they've done with him is really good.

The issue is that he hasn't got his own foundation, he's not got the base of the Spider-Man we know and love. They kind of had to do this because of the reboot problem but it creates the issue that this doesn't quite feel like "our" Spider-Man, it feels like an Elseworld version rather than a true adaption.

Basically we needed a movie of Spidey in those first six months in his crappy homemade costume that ticked the boxes on all the Spidey classics in order to create a foundation of classic spidey. But the problem is that wasn't a movie that could happen.

It's a catch-22.

Attached: 1179712-spidermancomics.jpg (515x780, 170K)

No he’s just shit because it’s watered down material that misses the point. Kind of like those CW shows

Getting real tired of this shit

Attached: 1550999492818.png (498x479, 276K)

Meanwhile in the year 2050:
Spiderman 68 is out guys! Go see it now.
And people wonder why they say capeshit is creatively bankrupt.

But it's still an MCU movie and it flopping would not be beneficial to the MCU as whole, retard

Do retards unironically think that only "baiters" or "shills" like MCU Spider-Man? Holy fucking shit, get out of your basement for once. Spider-Man never has been so popular.

Attached: 1521932318328.jpg (125x108, 2K)

>MCU movie
>about fucking Spider-Man
>flopping
Are you literally retarded? At this point, not even a movie about Jubilee would flop, let alone a Spider-Man movie.

How to fix MCU Spider-Man
>Peter has no friends
>Zendaya is more plucky and high energy
>The Daily Bugle is relevant
>Terry Crews as JJJ
>Zendaya is Chat
Marvel Adventures Spider-Man

>Marvel Adventures Spider-Man

Attached: 1561142955951.jpg (1033x679, 168K)

>Spider-Man never has been so popular.

Attached: Honk honk.jpg (851x523, 30K)

No, but it is well documented that a large portion of MCU Peter’s fan base hasn’t touched a single Spidey comic. It’s fine to like it, just acknowledge that it’s way off the material

> Dark Phoenix

Look at all the tears OP has generated just by sharing a perfectly valid opinion. This place is tumblr lite.

Attached: gobby.jpg (1920x1040, 235K)

Kinda wish peter wasn’t such an fucking idiot and his spider sense wasn’t nonexistent

Attached: (You).png (519x522, 350K)

>quietly seething

It exists, they just downplay it like fucking everything that makes Spider-Man Spider-Man

If she was chat it’d be fine though

>Spider Man
>never popular

Attached: FB_IMG_1561681460446.jpg (200x202, 6K)

The personality would still be off character.

Attached: 1560875085318.jpg (833x647, 163K)

>FB_IMG

Yeah it’s like they think making their Spider-Man unique by just downplaying the cool shit

>It lacks the soul of Spider-Man.

>It lacks a fundamental understanding of how the character of Spider-Man functions, why he does what he does, and the personal anchors that make him the character that he is. His supporting cast, which is among the best in comics, was butchered and completely scraped away to be replaced with a knockoff of a Miles Morales character, his core motivation is at best hinted at, instead that focus being shifted onto Iron Man, an irresponsible egocentric futurist alcoholic who got a city blown up and at this point made 7 or 8 supervillains because of his own actions.

>Even focusing on trying to be like "Ultimate" is disingenuous, it isnt like Ultimate in the slightest. Ultimate was a retool of the initial concept at the year 2000 to be about a modern teenager dealing with modern problems and a more tightly knit version of the classic mythos, and is full of violence, suffering, death, and turmoil. Spider-Mans core character more or less revolves around two key things:

>Juggling his personal and Superhero life, and the drama that it creates.

>Being independent, to his own detriment.

>Spider-Man was among, if not the, very first teenage superheroes. Not a sidekick, his own bonafide man. And his primary motivation is pathological guilt and the sense of responsibility it creates because of his own egocentric actions causing the death of a beloved family member.

>MCU Spider-Man has none of the responsibility, none of the tact, lacks the supporting cast and villains of the comic book version. Hell he lacks his own achievements, he constantly needs help and gear from Tony Stark, wanted to be trained by Tony Stark, wanted to be an Avenger. Spider-Man is not that. He's never been that, and all its done in the MCU is undermine his core concepts.

>Spider-Man was created to subvert the concept of a teenage sidekick, and now all he is is a teenage sidekick.

Attached: [palpable disgust].png (337x334, 172K)

>>Uncle Ben
>No fuck you let me stop you there. even if they dont show him die a third time the fact remains that that origin should still clearly and presently resonated throughout the fucking story as his core driving motivation. After that lip service bullshit in Cviil War, theres nary a fucking peep ever mentioning Uncle Ben again. Dont give me that "oh Mays having a hard time" bullshit. HER FUCKING HUSBAND DIED.
>
>THATS MORE THAN "A HARD TIME".
>Skip the decathalon? They win anyway. Bounce on Ned at the party after being hyped up as knowing Spider-Man? Nobody gives a shit by the next scene. BISECTING A FERRY? OH here comes IRON MAN to Deus Ex Machina the problem with bullshit plot magic. Aunt May learning his identity? Oh just a little gag, she doesnt give a shit by the next movie.
>
>>Early in his career
>Fuck off, Spider-Man should be Spider-Man as soon as Uncle Ben gets shot, dont you fuck with me on this.
>
>>His achievements havent hardly--
>Again fuck you. Spider-Man should achieve shit on his own without being given hand-me-downs from fucking Iron Man. Peter MADE his suit. HE came up with shit like spider tracers and impact webbing. HE designs his own shit outside of a scant few examples because he's an independent rogue superhero. He's not a fucking asskisser, he never was, from day one he never was.
>
>>Even if that's not the only one, he's a teen. That's something they do.
>WHO THE FUCK CARES IF ITS REALISTIC IF IT
>
>ISNT
>
>FUCKING
>
>G O O D.
>
>>Then stop thinking as this as Classic Spider-Man
>Fuck you faggot thats not a god damn excuse, its a failure of the writers to understand the character.
>
>Spider-Man isnt some bitch boy motherfucker who look for validation and he never fucking was. Not even Ultimate which is always the go-to excuse.

Attached: e63.png (286x439, 226K)

If she was chat maybe they wouldn’t have felt the need to make the character such a dour bitch

was it autism

Attached: 23fd988c8c445f80b64689f7f85169e9--mother-of-dragons-daenerys-targaryen.jpg (474x435, 23K)

Hey faggot, I was just making fun of the moron using a facebook image.

>You see MCU Spider-Man is a result of Marvel Studios wanting something drastically different from the past two incarnations, out of fear of audiences being bored of the IP, and desperately trying to make him fit organically within their previously established universe. While there isn't anything really wrong with it in an elseworlds kind of mindset, MCU Peter Parker feels like a superficial and surface level understanding of the comic/lore. For example Ben Parker has been toned down considerably to the point where he no longer feels like the driving force behind while Peter Parker is Spider-Man. Then there's Parker's sense of humor, which is less jokes and more "Hey remember that one movie?". Furthermore, his supporting cast is all but gone, which naturally will result in old fans getting miffed. This isn't to say all the changes have been met with hatred. Toomes for example worked exceptionally well in Homecoming. However the ratio of things that worked and things that didn't still remain unbalanced. Peter Parker CONSTANT need for validation, and his odd father figure fixation with Tony Stark just doesn't feel like classic Spider-Man.
>
>So in short, if you have a loose familiarity with the source material or can treat it like an elseworlds, you'll probably still find things to enjoy. However that said, it shouldn't serve as any surprise why comic readers might get rubbed the wrong way about the MCU take given how off base it can be.

Attached: file.png (600x1000, 344K)

>i just realized: peter has no reason to be the heir of stark.
>MCU spiderman feels soulless because
>>No proper origin story
>>No uncle Ben
>>No Norman or Harry Osborn
>>No Mary Jane
>>No "With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility"
>>No driving motivation for being Spider-man
>>Pete isn't very smart
>
>It's just Spider-Man in name really
-----------------------------
>i just realized: peter has no reason to be the heir of stark.
>MCU spiderman feels soulless because
>>No proper origin story
>>No uncle Ben
>>No Norman or Harry Osborn
>>No Mary Jane
>>No "With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility"
>>No driving motivation for being Spider-man
>>Pete isn't very smart
>
>It's just Spider-Man in name really
-----------------------------
>I'm kind of bothered by how fucking incapable and ineffective Peter is in the MCU. Hasn't won a single fight on his own, and this is from a character who can do serious damage when he's done fucking around. We even got this in the first Raimi Spider-Man movie when Peter heard Norman's taunt about Mary Jane.

Attached: DmQ3Fk0W0AkULy7.jpg (750x571, 52K)

Who knows, maybe they would've changed it for some stupid reason.

Hey I wrote this one. Flattered really

>▶

>>Zendaya
make her thicc

Attached: Spider-Man clown college.jpg_large.jpg (922x684, 108K)

Could you fucking stop replying to me? I agree with what you're saying you gigantic retard.

No, you're still a faggot for thinking that guy didnt just grab it off google images.

I don't give a shit where he got it from, I'll make fun of him for using a facebook image.
That's how it's always worked you pansy.

Hey dude, its been a while since i saw you on that Dark Phoenix thread, How it's going?

Attached: V E E M O.jpg (1024x576, 44K)

Absolutely blown the fuck out

i'm not fucking reading all that

>cant even argue against it

MCU shills cower before reasonable argumentation.

>ESL Mexican in training
Go back if you can't read.

Spider-Boy btfo

Attached: ANTSOHOHOHO.jpg (1160x578, 214K)

Nah, i'm just lazy as fuck

you're fine literally no one is actually going to read that, much less give a meaningful response

>links horribly
>can't even be bothered to check his post twice to correct it
>"Nah, i'm just lazy as fuck"
Yeah I can tell.

That's a big stretch.

Attached: Bill_Wilson-0.jpg (716x768, 79K)

that's not what the post was saying, ,my illiterate friend

what is the tl;dr of that wall of text?

MCU Spider-Man doesn't get Spider-Man.

MCU Spider-Man is Spidey in name only because it completely misses a lot of his core concepts (independence, actually acting like a teenager, Ben being a driving force to his behavior and mindset as a super, etc.)

so are all of MCU Spider-Man villains going come from stark?

>actually acting like a teenager
MCU Peter Parker might be the only version of Spider-Man (comics included) that acts like a teenager.

Attached: 1561067886322.gif (640x266, 3.24M)

Attached: Count Duku, I am Repiblic.png (293x550, 284K)

I mean his whole thing in his origin is that he's a teen whose forced to growup early and take on all these responsibilities both in his Spider and normal life.

I think the best way to figure out the difference between mcu and raimi man is in the little details

Raimi has Toby redo the lunch platter stunt 140 times so he could catch it all. The MCU has a cgi animation do a front flip off a car

No he acts like a fucking 9 year old.

Pete's meant to be that smart weirdo that sits at the back of your class, never talking to anyone outside of anyone who talks to him up until the bite, not one of the 2 doofball nerds who sit 2 tables back from the teacher.

Nice shitpost

>it’s watered down material that misses the point
lmao. it's funny that this usually comes from people that genuinely misses the point of the character.
"Spider-Man" isn't about having a white girlfriend or a dead uncle, Spider-Man's character revolves around the struggles of a teenager/young adult to balance his work life/ social life and his life as a superhero, and how he often needs to sacrifice his own happiness for the good of others. .This is something the MCU gets perfectly. But "fans" think that MCU Spider-Man isn't Spider-Man just because he likes Tony Stark and hangs out with non-white people.

Attached: 1523196327749.jpg (479x479, 25K)

My only complaint with what you're saying is that at the end of the movie, Peter has effectively given up none of his own happiness. Everything ends up working out for as Peter AND Spider-Man.
Admittedly the mid-credits to alleviate that issue but that's nothing more than a stinger for the NEXT movie anyways.

>This is something the MCU gets perfectly
Not really.
It's also amazing how you managed to reduce all of the problems with Peter's friends and family to "you just don't like that they're not white" when that's the least of the problems with them.

>not "I'm GAR"

Just admit you've never read a Spider-Man comic book. Your faggy posturing is just that, faggy.

Just admit that you're shitposting.

Yea Forums's waifu Jennie actually gave a really fantastic description of Homecoming that has stuck with me and explains why I liked it so much.

It's basically Hey Arnold.

The kids all have different personalities but still ultimately all get on. Even Flash, who is a jerk but still just another kid who even invites Peter and Ned to his party. there's no hatred behind it, he's just the richest kid at their special nerd school so he flaunts it through being an asshole, but still ultimately being a nerd.

It's comfy and a bit goofy but still sincere, entertaining without the cruelty of other depictions.

Attached: Instincts.jpg (878x683, 180K)

better?

Attached: nigga mario believe.jpg (200x200, 11K)

based and BBWpilled

Attached: Athomicc Eve.jpg (149x337, 12K)

youtube.com/watch?v=DC_AqezinXM

For reference

Attached: 1481972070622.jpg (1280x1707, 704K)

It's still a pretty shit image but now no one can make fun of you for having the facebook filename.

nobody says that

I vomit

Attached: aid775529-728px-Vomit-in-a-Bucket-Step-6-Version-2.jpg (728x546, 50K)

She is terrible, but I love this video because I agree with it.

Attached: 1471305454185.jpg (1920x1090, 257K)

>there's zero actual conflict but it's "fun" so my reptile brain likes it
MCUfags in a nutshell

Weird, it's almost like some people wanted Spider-Man instead of Arnold in the Spider-Man movie.

nobody says "I'm CIA" in real life either hothead

He's a fucking kid, he's not supposed to be Thor battling Loki.

>he's a kid, he shouldn't have any friction with his real life even though one of spidey's core concepts is that his regular life kinda sucks

The only way you could do classic Spidey set in the modern day was if he was black and went to a low income school, were shit like kids actually despising other kids is normal.

That or don't send him to some dumb shit fucking prep school in the first place. Pete's meant to be a lower-class income hero, that's half the struggle

>white people can't be in low income schools

Yeah, it's not like his first appearance in comics is actually a depressing story where the hero fucks up and doesn't win.

Attached: Amazing Fantasy Vol. 1 015 (1962) GetComics.INFO.cbz-Amazing_Fantasy_015_08a.jpg (990x1457, 568K)

wasn't he like only 18 or something when Green Goblin killed hsi bitch? He's more than old enough to deal with a real villain and real story with real conflict and motivations

in the Raimi movies I think he like just graduates high school and already Green Goblin is threatening to drop a busload of kids in the river, and fucks up Aunt May and Mary Jane. it just feels like there are actually stakes

The MCU is all one story. Other characters have angsty shite lives. Spiderman is a kid learning to be a hero. No need to make him miserable too

Attached: Spiderman Leaders.jpg (1988x2032, 1.23M)

Not according to the MCU

The comics aren't gospel

yeah why should a kid learning to be a hero have to endure any mundane hardships, it's not like the balance of spider-man and peter parker is a theme returned to again and again in the character's history

Anger doesn't even begin to describe what I'm feeling right now.

Attached: 1541008979310.jpg (840x700, 101K)

>it's okay that he's nothing like spider-man because other characters might be mildly similar

>Spider-Man was created to subvert the concept of a teenage sidekick, and now all he is is a teenage sidekick.

This! thanks God Ditko died before watching Spider-Man as a sidekick of Iron Man.

>No proper origin story
>No uncle Ben
How many times do you need to see Peter being bitten by a fucking spider and Uncle Ben dying? Yes, these things happened, we get it.
>No Norman or Harry Osborn
Yes. Also no Rhino, no Doc Ock, no Electro, no Morlun, no Morbius, no Venom, no Toxin, no Mysterio, no Hobgoblin, no Demogoblin, no Ben Reilly, no Jackal, no Kraven, no Hydro-Man,,,. Seriously, why didn't every single character from the Spider-Man universe appear in the movie? Homecoming SUCKS
>No Mary Jane
There is a MJ. Nerds dislike her because she's not white
>No "With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility"
Peter already said something to that effect in Civil War. The exact quote doesn't need to be said in every single movie.
>No driving motivation for being Spider-man
Uncle Ben existed in the MCU. Peter also grew up in a world of superheroes. He saw the Avengers saving New York from Loki and wanted to be like them. Also "great power responsability" blah blah blah
>Pete isn't very smart
This one is just retarded.

He's nothing like your favorite version of Spiderman. The character has been around for half a century and taken many different forms. Just because you like the raimi version does not make the other versions irrelevant.

Ditko ended up making shitty objectivist comic books until he died in obscurity. I'd say Spider-Man is doing fine without him.

Ditko died in 2018, HC came out June 2017.
I actually think that seeing the adaptation of ASM #33 is what killed him.

>there's zero actual conflict
Didn't you watch the movie or you're too dumb to understand a blockbuster flick?

What a waste of trips.

>lol just turn your brain off dood

The fuck did Raimi do to you to bring him up in shit that's completely unrelated, overcook your pancakes?

>he is is a teenage sidekick.
Except he isn't?

>Just because you like the raimi version does not make the other versions irrelevant.
Every time, every fucking time you retards go to the Raimi movies when they have fucking nothing to do with the conversation.

>wah wah he didn't murder his uncle by proxy how can he possibly be Spiderman

They did the same but with Tony instead, why you don't complain?

>a kid who through his own egocentric action got his uncle murdered and (in one of the most famous and well regarded interpretations of his mythos) went through nonstop suffering and torment before eventually being beaten to death in the middle of the street after saving Captain America
>even in normal continuity his teen years were filled with angst, bullying, and school shooter tier inner monologues, and he fought the fantastic four just cause he wanted some money

No, fuck you.

>"wtf? peter is driven by genuine altruism instead of guilt? this spider-man sucks!"

THEN WHY FUCKING ADAPT SPIDER-MAN IF YOU'RE NOT GOING TO BE ADAPTING FUCKING SPIDER-MAN.

He had to ruin the life of his (potential) gf to catch the villain. this is pretty heavy for a teenager (or anyone, really|), but shitposters obviously won't care

And that totally mattered and we saw the consequences of that, it's not like it was a two minute scene where they say goodbye.

You might not know what "adapting" means.

>i do gud thing cuz i gud i guess
>I fucked up incomprehensibly badly despite it being a snap decision the average joe probably would have done, and in doing so realized I should use the gift I was given to help humanity despite a lot of people being shitty to me if I'm not saving their ass from crazy supervillains or runaway buses at that very moment, because I was just like them once
Can't imagine why people would find the second more compelling.

>>How many times do you need to see Peter being bitten by a fucking spider and Uncle Ben dying? Yes, these things happened, we get it.
Its not about SEEING it you dumb fucking cunt its about the reprecussions of that actually fucking effecting Peter and driving his motivations, you should still clearly be able to tell thats why he does what he fucking does.

>Yes. Also no Rhino, no Doc Ock, no Electro, no Morlun, no Morbius, no Venom, no Toxin, no Mysterio, no Hobgoblin, no Demogoblin, no Ben Reilly, no Jackal, no Kraven, no Hydro-Man,,,. Seriously, why didn't every single character from the Spider-Man universe appear in the movie? Homecoming SUCKS

Translation:
>Its okay if he has literally no supporting cast and all his villains are actually mad at Tony Stark and dont give a shit about him, its just his first movie
>i-its just his second movie
>w-well its just his fifth movie

>There is a MJ. Nerds dislike her because she's not white
People dislike her because she's an unlikable cunty bitch that nobody in their right mind would want to hang out with because she constantly belittles, insults, and mocks people

>>Peter already said something to that effect in Civil War. The exact quote doesn't need to be said in every single movie.
He doesnt fucking act like it, thats the problem

>Uncle Ben existed in the MCU.
Fuck off yeah sure and it doesnt fucking feel like it because Peter doesnt give a shit, thats the problem.

>This one is just retarded.
90% of everything that he made in the comics was instead made by Tony Stark in the MCU.

>literally the core fucking driving motivation behind Spider-Man
>LITERALLY THE REASON FOR SPIDER-MAN BEING SPIDER-MAN
>"if you bitch that it didnt happen you're just a fanboy cuck"

Are you retarded?

You mean something that doesnt end up mattering and has no long term consequences?

>People dislike her because she's an unlikable cunty bitch that nobody in their right mind would want to hang out with because she constantly belittles, insults, and mocks people
She's like that in Homecoming but that was focusing on Liz not her, and in FFH she's not like this at all

>no, dude, the fact that Liz Allen's life is fucked and that her relationship with Peter is ruined isn't good enough. We, like, needed a scene with Liz attempting to commit suicide and with her mother whoring herself to pay the bills.

Well too fucking bad that she's still not the character that the fans of Spider-Man liked and wanted.

>She's like that in Homecoming but that was focusing on Liz not her, and in FFH she's not like this at all
Fuck off retard stop making excuses for shit writing.

They act all buddy buddy friends with her by the end of Homecoming... For what reason?

She's a fucking cunt, why do they like her? How am i supposed to believe they become friends and get in a relationship if she starts it off being a relentless asshole and shows no signs of stopping until magically they're just together?

who is she? what run is this?

You are right, a two minute scene is not enough.
Just like revealing Spider-Man's identity in a fucking after credits scene is not a good idea.

>could have had the character stay at the school to show the long-lasting reprecussions of what Peter did to her family which would tie into Spider-Mans trademark pathological guilt
>lol no she just moves away so we dont have to deal with it

Stop giving excuses for shit writing.

Literally the post that I replied to has the name you gigantic retard.
Fucking Christ.

If you post on here regularly you can just... FEEL the average IQ of the posters dipping lower and lower.

Like for me i started notciing last august and it just keeps dropping, i dont know how these fuckers get so dumb.

Yea Forums tourists and the fact that summer just started doesn't help.

there's nothing better than fucking up a post when you're calling someone else a retard

>like revealing Spider-Man's identity in a fucking after credits scene is not a good idea.

That's usually what they call a "cliffhanger". Borrowing the definiton from wikipedia, a cliffhanger is " is a plot device in fiction which features a main character in a precarious or difficult dilemma, or confronted with a shocking revelation at the end of an episode of serialized fiction. A cliffhanger is hoped to incentivize the audience to return to see how the characters resolve the dilemma"

>Peter has no friends
why?
>Terry Crews as JJJ
redpilled

It's not like you could get the same effect by putting it in the third act of the movie.

>make (something) suitable for a new use or purpose; modify.
>become adjusted to new conditions.

Except the MCU doesnt fucking follow up on cliffhangers, they just skip to like 3 years later and lightly touch on it if that.

Remember Aunt May you fucking dickhead? I remember you cunts going on about "OH JUST WAIT FOR FAR FROM HOME TO COME OUT JUST WAIT JUST WAIT YOU DONT KNOW" and then it came out and it was exactly as i thought it'd be: She didnt give a shit, because it was a last second fucking cliffhanger in a Marvel movie.

He has some steep competition. In no universe does he beat Spiderverse, and only beats Riami's Spiderman if you refuse to turn a blind eye to 3. It beats the Nicholas Hammond tv movies, that's for sure. However, other than Raimi Pt3, there hasn't been a, strictly speaking, BAD spider-man cinematic portrayal. Hell, even Tokusatsu Spiderman is better than most Tokusatsu.

Attached: image.jpg (800x450, 73K)

Raimi 3 isnt as bad as you seem to remember it being, the problem was the third act was a fucking mess because of Venom being forced into the movie.

Spiderverse has the best cinematic depiction of spiderman

>spidey kisses gwen in front of the entire city
>"what the fuck why is MJ mad?"

>>it's an actual unironic paid Disneyshill thread

Mods should delete threads like this in the second post

You know you can enjoy the movie for what it is, and still acknowledge that it's way off material. But yeah it is rather disappointing that Marvel Studios and a good chunk of their fanboys don't really understand the character. But when has that ever not been true with casuals?

I think the best thing you could do with Far From Home is treat it like the Constantine movie.

Attached: Spider Man Chef.jpg (500x591, 145K)

I completely forgot about the 2012 and 2014 movies... those WERE Bad. Don't know how I forgot those, but remembered the 1970's tv movies... must have just repressed the terrible memories.

I was going to say Insomniac Spider-Man is the best Spider-Man we've gotten in years

Attached: Spider-Man vs Doctor Octopus PS4.jpg (1107x1681, 276K)

Okay?

Trying to combine both the Venom storyline AND the Green Goblin 2 storyline AND the Gwen Stacy's death storyline was one of its problems. This was, however, not its only problem. The rest of the Raimi films are fucking fantastic, and still hold up, but "Raimi Pt3 is secretly good" is a meme; don't fall for it.

Im not saying its "secretly good", im saying that its about 60% of a good movie with the tumor of 40% of a good movie stapled onto it.

Everything having to do with Sandman, for example, is absolutely fantastic.

And to make it clear, Raimi Pt3 is still better than the 2012 and 2014 films. It's better to be try something difficult/different and fail gloriously, than to play it safe and be bland... and still somehow fail.

Now if retards would stop saying that he's the most accurate version of the character we might be onto something.

it's more like there were 3 unfinished movies smushed together. Two of them could have been good if they had been finished and fleshed out, and one of them (the venom storyline) was never going to be good even if they successfully finished the film. That would indeed make about 60-66% "good".... however, that's IF the unfinished films were finished... and they weren't, instead they were left unfinished and smushed together like a sad Voltron of failure.

was meant to reply to

>How to fix MCU Spider-Man

Spiderman 3

>First act

All the franchise villains destroy Peter's and neighborhood houses
In the midst of the confusion with the Spider fighting against all villains appears Peter saying:
I'm Peter and I'm not Spider Man!
After the villains are defeated and the media covering the fight Peter and SpiderMan are interviewed by the media and clarify that they are different people.
Then Peter Parker shows Peter she as a Skrull and his surprise she was MJ

>Second act

Peter and Aunt May and their friends have to look for a new neighborhood to live because their homes have been destroyed.
They find a new place in the same Queens.
And they find and are welcomed very well by their new neighbors.
Mary Jane and Gwen.
At Peter's school a new student arrives, Harry Osborn.

>Third act

Enter Kraven the hunter!

Attached: Kraven the hunter!.jpg (600x338, 73K)

You know what i hate more than even that? When you say that its horribly inaccurate to classic Spider-Man and they go "well its based off Ultimate".

Because it fucking isnt, its even less like Ultimate than it is 616.

That's because every casual and their mother has the same laundry list of what Spider-Man is
>He tells jokes
>He's relatable because he's in high school
>He wants to be an Avenger
And so on

Whats frustrating is theres a lot of behind the scenes stuff you can look into and see where they could have done so much better, hell even the Venom storyline could have been good if they went with some of the original ideas Raimi wanted to go with (like that the symbiote was a death parasite that completely consumed its hosts, puppetting their corpses around like marionettes, and Spider-man is the only one who could actually withstand it), not to mention the stuff they cut which would have made parts of the story more coherent (like Sandmans motivation for the climax)

>Its okay if he has literally no supporting cast
Did you miss Liz, Ned, MJ, Flash, Aunt May and Happy?

all his villains are actually mad at Tony Stark and dont give a shit about him
Yes?... Spider-Man villains usually don't hold a grudge against Spider-Man up until Spidey fucks up one of their plans. I believe this is true for most supervillains, actually

>People dislike her because she's an unlikable cunty bitch [...] because she constantly belittles, insults, and mocks people
You're a sensitive one, aren't you? She just makes some sarcastic comments and is probably a little depressed. It's also hinted that she likes Peter and is jealous of him. She didn't kill anybody

>He doesnt fucking act like it, thats the problem
Yes, he does. He constantly puts the needs of others before his own. He went to a fucking alien planet to help stopping Thanos, for fuck sake.

>Peter doesnt give a shit, thats the problem
The fact that he doesn't constantly cry over uncle Ben doesn't mean he doesn't give a shit. He don't cry about his uncle in every issue of the comic books either. he's probably going to cry a lot over Tony in the new movie tho lel

:90% of everything that he made in the comics was instead made by Tony Stark in the MCU.
Like what? The web-shooters were created by Peter, he's certainly not Reed Richards level, but he's a smart lad

>its about the reprecussions of that actually fucking effecting Peter and driving his motivations, you should still clearly be able to tell thats why he does what he fucking does.
I don't think everything about Spider-Man's motivation must need to be about "muh uncle Ben", as he has enough motivations as it is. Even if he isn't moved by guilt, his primary motivation changing does not change the character. Peter isn't a Batman kind of character, that absolutely needs tragedy happening in his early life to have a reason to be a hero.

Pretty much OP. Those people can’t be helped. Change is difficult for children.

>Liz
Barely present token love interest who has no development
>Ned
Shitty ripoff of Ganke and exists to be a dumb fucking nerd
>Flash
Completely butchered and barely present
>Aunt May
Barely present
>Happy
Again, barely present

>Yes?... Spider-Man villains usually don't hold a grudge against Spider-Man up until Spidey fucks up one of their plans. I believe this is true for most supervillains, actually
Mysterios motivation in the comics was he was a failed movie SFX man who wanted to make a name for himself by bagging Spider-Man while also stealing shit. Instead he's just some Stark Industries guy who's mad at Iron Man.

>You're a sensitive one, aren't you? She just makes some sarcastic comments and is probably a little depressed. It's also hinted that she likes Peter and is jealous of him. She didn't kill anybody

She's an asshole, user. Theres no logical reason Peter should have ever wanted to engage with her when she was constantly mocking him.

>Yes, he does
No he doesnt.

>The fact that he doesn't constantly cry over uncle Ben doesn't mean he doesn't give a shit
user the problem is that his motivation was essentially completely replaced with sucking Iron Mans cock. He wants to live up to Iron Man, wants to work with Iron Man, wants to be Iron Man. Fuck off.

>Like what? The web-shooters were created by Peter, he's certainly not Reed Richards level, but he's a smart lad
Impact webbing, his suits, spider tracers, the spider-signal, web wings, etc. dumb casual retard.

>Peter isn't a Batman kind of character, that absolutely needs tragedy happening in his early life to have a reason to be a hero.
YES HE FUCKING IS YOU FUCKING IDIOT.

HE CAUSED HIS UNCLES DEATH, ITS WHY HE'S SPIDER-MAN, BECAUSE HE WAS A SELFISH EGOCENTRIC MISANTHROPIC ASSHOLE WHO THOUGHT "FUCK YOU I GOT MINE" AND IT GOT HIS FATHER FIGURE KILLED.

THATS WHY HE'S SPIDER-MAN. BECAUSE HE WAS IRRESPONSIBLE AND THE GUILT HAUNTS HIM.

He's like a watered down version of Miles, and that shouldn't even be possible.

>>>He wants to be an Avenger
Where does this even come from? Spider-man didnt like the Avengers at all in the comics, he fought them a couple times even. He only joined them 40 years after he was created and it was after the Avengers split up and were formed back together with primarily people he knew like Iron Fist and Wolverine.

It's funny how nerds always complain that "comic books are always stagnant and never change", how movies "play safe and don't take risks", but when a movie actually makes things different and takes risks, nerds will seethe because "teh movie is not like muh comic books"!!

Make up your damn minds, will ya?

Attached: shrugs.jpg (300x300, 21K)

>it's different so it's good
I fucking hate you.

>DIFFERENT = GOOD
>OLD = BAD
>IMPOSSIBLE FOR NEW TO BE BAD
>IMPOSSIBLE FOR OLD TO BE GOOD

Hey faggot the problem isnt that its new, take a look at Spider-Verse, the problem is that it doesnt understand what makes Spider-Man tic as a character or get why he's interesting. Ultimate took a lot of creative risks and liberties and it turned out great. Shut the fuck up with this strawman bullshit you dumb Disney cocksucker.

It's the MCU, every character want to be an Avenger, don't be surprised if the X-Men and Fantastic Four wants to be Avengers too.

There's a difference between breaking from repetitive stories, and fundamentally getting the character wrong

Just like everything else, I blame Ultimate.
Even if it's not its fault.

Which is weird because i distinctly remember Ultimate Spider-Man also having a similar mindset where he didnt particularly like the Ultimates and wanted Nick Fury to fuck off and stop messing with his life.

I still blame Ultimate.

This thread is fucking terrifying.

>Peter isn't a Batman kind of character, that absolutely needs tragedy happening in his early life to have a reason to be a hero.
Holy shit.

Will we ever be free of Disney and idiots like this?

Attached: ntr4q6DhKE1qjwe9oo3_1280.png (1140x1064, 400K)

I think the issue is that casuals have the misconception that because Peter makes wisecracks that he doesn't have his fair share of issues.

It's just one guy being autistic as fuck. It's amusing, really.

>unironically being a shill
>doing it for free

Why?

Will we ever be free of idiots who can't accept a different universe?

>this shit again

Not an excuse faggot.

He literally isn't.

It would be almost impossible to explain why Bruce Wayne would train himself to the bone and surrender his lavish life as a billionaire to fight crime without the death of his parents. He's a normal human, in a world of gods and monsters, driven by tragedy. Spider-Man's abilities, on the other hand, were given to him by the spider bite. He didn't have to work for it or surrender anything. He was given the power, and what he chooses to do with it doesn't need to be tied to his uncle. Spider-Man and his uncle could even exist in the universe at the same time, Batman. Martha and Thomas couldn't.

>>Unironically being a retard
Why?

Christ almighty its Spider-man. Dont worry Disney shill, the movie is going to earn well over a billion dollars.

Stop with these threads and post spoilers

How am i being a retard exactly.

>and what he chooses to do with it doesn't need to be tied to his uncle
You are a fucking moron of gigantic magnitudes.

Totally is, faggot. It is a different take on the character, you just don't like it. Which is fine. The rest of us will enjoy things.

Ramai Spidey is still the best but MCU Vulture is by far the best villian, especially in design.

>He was given the power, and what he chooses to do with it doesn't need to be tied to his uncle
YES IT FUCKING DOES.

GOD FUCKING DAMMIT ITS THE REASON WHY HE'S SPIDER-MAN. ITS LITERALLY WHY HE'S A SUPERHERO.

he ISNT a superhero because he's a good person you fucking casual shit stirrer, he's a superhero because he was an egocentric selfish irresponsible motherfucker who used his powers for personal gain. Its LITERALLY his origin.

Made me reply. Way to completely not get Spider-Man, ya dingus

I hate kid Peter Parker.

Chad Parker from the animated series is best Spider-Man.

user, its far beyond a "different take".

It literally does not understand what makes Spider-Man Spider-man.

Also fuck off, its an adaptation in what is presented as a primary universe, dont pull this shit. Spider-Verse had alternate universes but still understood Spider-Mans core character fine, its not a fucking excuse.

FFH is really one of the better written and directed MCU movies to date. Everything about it extremely well done and balanced, from the comedy to the characterization of (hormone driven) peter. Mysterio in this movie is the best villain in a Spiderman movie to date IMO. Not an electric incel nigger to be seen for miles.

Im gonna go ahead and doubt that.

No, it just doesn't match YOUR checklist. Have a great day bursting a blood vessel in your autistic brain.

That doen't match checklist of Steve Ditko and Stan Lee, either, you shill.

The illusion sequences were awesome. Mysterio really fucked with Peter

Deny reality all you want it wont change that you're wrong.

>Basically we needed a movie of Spidey in those first six months in his crappy homemade costume that ticked the boxes on all the Spidey classics in order to create a foundation of classic spidey.

We have already had two different films dedicated to showing Spider-Man's origin in two separate movie franchises. Plus, there are also dozens of tv shows and countless comic book series that showcase his origin, spanning over 50 years. 95% of the human race know his origin by heart, as well as Superman and Batman's.

Nobody wants to see Uncle Ben die, again.
Nobody needs to learn that Peter Parker loves Mary Jane/Gwen Stacy/Liz Allen/etc.
Nobody needs to learn about Flash bullying Peter.
Nobody needs to see Peter getting bitten by a radioactive spider.
Nobody needs to see Peter learning about and practicing his powers.
Nobody needs to watch Peter making his Spider suit.

This. All of that shit is done to death. No one wants the origin story retold again.

It's fun and good. I really enjoy the teenage Spider-man stories, especially when I was a kid. Trying to juggle the interpersonal issues made him really relatable and many of those issues don't go away when you get older, so it's not like that aspect of his life became less relevant either.

Having this constant discussion over and over again raises less of a question about the medium at hand, but more the meta discussion of, "Why can't some people just enjoy nice things rather than thinking that everything is a competition or take it that something has to be the best to be enjoyable?"

Spider-man literally has been multiple takes by multiple people across generations. The most successful people to take on the question of "He's not my Spider-man" actually sat down and wrote their own Spider-man stories by putting pen to paper. The luckiest ones amongst those even got those babies published. But I guarantee they didn't sit around playing couch critic trying to put down the latest iteration.

It's almost like you could make a movie which is set early in his career without showing most of those but still acknowledge them WITHOUT changing the core aspects of the character.

I don't know how many times you people need to be told this but, you can make Uncle Ben matter WITHOUT showing him dying again.

You can, but not like the MCU did.

I like that your post can be boiled down to nothing because you essentially said nothing of value. Thanks for the input, retard.

Right because Uncle Ben may as well be nonexistent in the MCU given how much he's downplayed. It's pretty sickening that Peter's motivation stems from making Tony Stark proud over Uncle Ben

Attached: b.png (1627x554, 93K)

But why do we NEED one? We already see Peter growing as both a superhero and a teenager in the MCU films.

That mean less than nothing to me

To establish the character before he turns into Iron boy.

Everything about this is fucking infuriating.

Uncle Ben is a cuck. Tony fucked Aunt May and even his fucking driver fucked Aunt May. And who can blame them? She's smoking hot in this remake. Uncle Ben may as well not exist and that's for the better. Tony is a cooler uncle in every conceivable way.

don't forget the waiter at that Thai restaurant

Again: we know what his character is. We have seen it in two movie franchises and dozens of cartoons.

He sucks balls actually. Spider-Man would beat your ass in real life for saying this boy, then bust up your car

Spider-verse is better

So why make him a teenager again? Why not make something new and make Peter and adult?

>Missing the point this hard
And again, we don't need to see Uncle Ben shot, just relevant. Why? Because he's the driving force behind why Peter is Spider-Man. There is no Spider-Man without Ben Parker. All you need is Peter looking at a photo, or hearing Ben's words AND NOT TONY'S when trapped under the rumble. Or better yet, why not have the dance/Liz mirror Peter's choice when he let that thief go?

based

Because the directors wanted him to be a teenager so we can see him develop, but not waste everybody's time with the same exhausting Spidey backstory bullet points.

Dude. I already explained this. Everybody knows Spider-Man's backstory, and we don't need it repeated for the third time on the big screen within 15 years of all three first films.

So you want to have your cake and eat it too.
Fuck the actual important events and people in Peter's life, let's just replace it with Tony and Avengers bullshit, that's basically the same.

Holy fuck you're fucking stupid, and can't read

So, anyone else here thought this was the best MCU movie since Winter Soldier narratively? This Spider-Man is a great Spider-Man for Earth-199999. He's going to be forced to grow into his own now that his identity is revealed to the public. That is something new and interesting no other Spider-Man film or property haven't done in a while. While I wished he kept the identity like the comics, I understand that this opens a whole fucking new world of opportunity and storylines that we've never seen Spider-Man in before.

I thought this movie was the 3rd MCU movie to actually be a competent film creatively even though I enjoy and liked the rest (except Hulk). As a 23 year old faggot, Tom Holland did an excellent job of making me want to self insert into his life and Zendaya did a great job portraying the Zoomer version of the millennial hipster. They are just like here, dark and reluctant to letting others in. I thought her femedgy personality contrasted beautifuly with Holland naive happy go lucky fuckboy positive energy. They were made for each other in these movies.

This theme is fucking awesome. Best since Dr. Strange

youtu.be/3R1lxNS7AZQ
Because we're getting a trilogy of him in High School, College, and as an Adult.

Attached: It Begins.png (960x1280, 644K)

spiderman is fundamentally a coming of age story. no one wants to see a creepy middle aged guy in spandex

>wait until the next movie
Again with this shit.

What was that?

Attached: 1561920602148.jpg (534x534, 69K)

I can see that argument, though I’m specifying cinematic

I hate Disney shills soo fucking much.

>ONCE AGAIN
>I CLAPPED WHEN I SAW THE REFERENCE
>vs a deeply impactful core character motivation that can be felt throughout the characters arc and story regardless of him appearing or not

Why do you fucking idiots keep refusing to acknowledge the key difference between the two.

Attached: tenor (1).gif (194x228, 809K)

>why?
So he can develop relationships over the course of multiple movies

>frogposter
>calling other people "shills" unironically

cringe

Don’t mind me. I’m just waiting for more more /ss/ Peter art after the fuel we got in FFH

so any reason the girl that Peter likes wasn't Glory?

If character's personality, or motivation, or arc, or his relationship with his loved ones or even who those loved ones don't matter to you, and can be changed into their polar opposite, why do you like the character in the first place?

Attached: 90__s_peter_parker_oekaki.png (300x300, 56K)

>without being too meek
Ha

A lot of normies love the new Spiderman. Perhaps OP is a summerfag.

isn't Glory actually attractive like MJ? Zendaya is neither

The movie was 6.5 out of 10 and most of that score is due to Mysterio being awesome. The Stark Wank was pretty insufferable

>>It lacks the soul of Spider-Man.
You're half right but
>>Juggling his personal and Superhero life, and the drama that it creates.
That's literally the entire fucking movie.

No, not really. On a superficial level yes but nothing he does actually has consequences that last between scenes. Its half-hearted shit that doesnt bother to go all the way with what it teases might happen.

But doesn’t setting up the fact that he’s going to be facing these decisions of choosing one life over the other work considering we’re entering a point where he’s been outed, and trying to live a normal life to prove he’s not spider-man will conflict with his desire to do the right thing?

Having the realization that he has to face these choices hit him, carrying over to the rest of his time as a hero will have a better long term impact than trying to shove that into this movie ontop of his already established arc of dealing with everyone wanting him to be the new iron man and not knowing how to handle that

Maybe A) dont have something like that be a shitty fucking cliffhanger in a movie series that does time skips where important shit happens inbeween the movies literally every single fucking time ever its ever happened ever in every single instance

and B) Dont have an Iron Boy Jr. plot to begin with.

How's the writing in this movie?

Shit?

Should I spent $6.75 to watch in theaters or wait to torrent it???

Very good. Comedy and light moments are good, and there's a good balance between the drama of Peter's raging hormones and the weight of the mantle Tony left on his shoulders. It's really good and feels like the proper epilogue to End Game that it set out to be while at the same time being a real kick ass Spiderman movie. Mysterio is awesome.

>Time skips where important things happen
didn’t happen for this movie. So pull something else out of your ass

>Muh iron boy
Wow holy shit it’s like being compared to someone who he looked up to is having an impact on a 16 year old

How terrible. Who in their right mind would want characters to have emotional connections with each other. That just sounds like bad writing to do that.

That was sarcasm in case you didn’t catch that by the way.

>>didn’t happen for this movie. So pull something else out of your ass
Yes it fucking did.

>months long timeskip from Endgame despite them saying its "immediately after" so they could just handwave away all the fucking bullshit that Endgame brought up

>reveal is a cliffhanger, next movie will be set a few years later so it wont fucking matter and wont affect him to any serious degree

Just like every other MCU movie.

>Wow holy shit it’s like being compared to someone who he looked up to is having an impact on a 16 year old
>
>How terrible. Who in their right mind would want characters to have emotional connections with each other. That just sounds like bad writing to do that.
>
>That was sarcasm in case you didn’t catch that by the way.

You know why its bad? Because it goes against core aspects of Spider-Mans fucking character, dumb cunt.

Here read these:

>being a shill

>months long time skip
That didn’t cover anything important which you claimed it did

>Claming the next movie will be set years later
Do you have one single source to back that up?
No?
Figured as much
Pull something else outta your ass

>Here read these instead of my own opinion
Call back when you can form your own opinion kiddo

Attached: you.jpg (680x473, 70K)

>>That didn’t cover anything important which you claimed it did

Yes it did, you fucking faggot.

>>Do you have one single source to back that up?
>No?
>Figured as much
>Pull something else outta your ass

My source is every other MCU cliffhanger. Literally every single one, except for Winter Soldier, Civil War, Infinity War, Ant-Man 2, and Captain Marvel.

Based

>literally all of them
>oh except for these
>slinging insults instead of actually claiming what was important in the time skip

Ah. So it was bait the whole time.
Carry on then

When the pissing contest is done, what if

Stay with me here

What if they bring Charlie Cox into the movies as Murdock to be Peters Defense Attorney?

100% agreed

not only that, but in popular spidey adaptations his origin story isn't even touched upon until much later. you hook people in with the adventures and heart, then investigate the origin later. like in all spidey cartoons he's just in the action and then in a retrospective episode (like spider-man tas with that little girl/boy who collects spider-man tribute, or the symbiote episode in spectacular spider-man). i'm sure the mcu will do a similar thing.

quit samefagging to bump your own shit thread, it's pathetic.

in popular spidey adaptations his origin story isn't even touched upon until much later. you hook people in with the adventures and heart, then investigate the origin later. like in all spidey cartoons he's just in the action and then in a retrospective episode (like spider-man tas with that little girl/boy who collects spider-man tribute, or the symbiote episode in spectacular spider-man). i'm sure the mcu will do a similar thing.

MCU Spidey is shit Spider-Man that people who aren't blinded by MCU hype know is shit and future generations will look back and cringe at along with ASM movies and Spider-Man 3.

he was already in college by then...

He looks like he takes it up the ass.

in other popular spidey adaptations his origin story isn't even touched upon until much later. you hook people in with the adventures and heart, then investigate the origin later. like in all spidey cartoons he's just in the action and then in a retrospective episode (like spider-man tas with that little girl/boy who collects spider-man tribute, or the symbiote episode in spectacular spider-man). i'm sure the mcu will do a similar thing.

Literally the only reason why Peter stopped being a selfish asshole and became a hero is because his selfish assholeness caused death of one of the 2 people he truly cared about. Its why he takes uncles Ben's words to heart and believes himself to be responsible to save others, to the point of his own dettriment/suffering. Without this loss he probably would've became a an anti hero or villain...

Based

Again, holy shit. The way Disney destroys Spider-man is truly terrifying, what they achieved with 2 shit movies Dan Slott couldn't do with 10 years of shit comics that raped Peter nearly to death.

Attached: 1486256789553.png (458x342, 376K)

I can't like him because of the stupid boyfriend/girlfriend I like you do you like me trope bullshit, all those scenes were pure garbage, hopefully the next movie moves away from that since they are now together but there will now be that scene where he does something "wrong" and she get mad or some bullshit and split up or whatever then come back together in some tropey ass way. Delete all those types of scenes and the movie is really good.

Why does this bother you so much? Your "eating cake" metaphor is more suited to what it is that you want. If you want to see Uncle Ben die for the millionth time, you have countless other representations in other movies, comic books, video games, cartoons, etc., that can satisfy your need.

I actually like Zendaya as MJ. I suppose she’s untradiotional in a few ways, but she captures the awkward dark teenage girl from HS pretty well I’d say. But she’s actually cute.

>but nothing he does actually has consequences that last between scenes
this is such a retarded non-argument. Liz ends up with her father arrested and peter gives up on being an avenger, but if people literally don't go around considering suicide then "there are no consequences"
we see all through both movies how much peter's life becomes messy because of his responsability.

Raimi still better, and not cause nostalgia.

>Frame to frame moments from comics like Norman Osborn's death, Venom meeting Brock in church and Gwen Stacy death reference but with staying alive MJ.
>"Spider-Man 2" is "Spider-Man no more: the movie" with frame to frame moments.
>No dark'n'gritty shit, Green Goblin is really green and with creepy smiling monster mask. That is way better than dirty drug-addicted face from "ASM2"
>Crazy scientist bitch Norman Osborn who became Goblin before his son, and also see parallels between him and Spidey and want Spidey on his side.
>Most comics accurate cast, without blackwashing, with such little nuances like hair color and haircut. MJ is redhead and Eddie have blond flattop.
>Shy geeky nerdy boy Peter, responsible , heroic, caring about family and people who close to him, even sometimes joking (wrestling scene) and keeping secret identity. Best balance of face/mask scenes.
>Little references to comics, like Goblin's attack to Bugle with Spidey webshooting to Jonah's mouth (Same moment in second Vulture appearance in comics)

>Nobody wants to see Uncle Ben die, again.
>Nobody needs to learn that Peter Parker loves Mary Jane/Gwen Stacy/Liz Allen/etc.
>Nobody needs to learn about Flash bullying Peter.
>Nobody needs to see Peter getting bitten by a radioactive spider.
>Nobody needs to see Peter learning about and practicing his powers.
>Nobody needs to watch Peter making his Spider suit.
Tell me more what we don't want, it's really interesting.

The illusion sequences are the only good part, which doesn't say much.

And I think you might not know that words like "reboot" "remake" "reimagining" "adaptation" are not protective spells

Honestly I think the Russos handled Spider-Man the best.

Please, someone ban Ladder-Spider-Boy from this place, I can't take it anymore.

to be fair, they are taking iconic parts meant for ben parker and putting iron man in them. Spidey needs to keep his secret identity but they are definitely turning spidey into something he shouldnt be which is inheriting all of tonys shit.

this really.

>but it's over now
>implying they won't drag more in the next one

if you hate Yea Forums culture so much you are welcome to piss off

We will never get a scene like this out of the MCU Spidey.

youtu.be/w7PqGUABOqk

Where's Spider Man?, He never appears, All I see is Iron Boy

Fucking casuals and their need for everything to be "cool" or "awesome" or it is boring.

Just wait to torrent it. I personally went to watch it but i didn't pay for the ticket.

>i'm sure the mcu will do a similar thing.
And what if they don't?

Gotta love how MCU-fags change their tune from "it's totally comic-accurate" to "comics aren't gospel" when called out on their bullshit.

I torrented it, because I refuse to give the MCU any more of my money. That being said the 1st act was shit, but the second act makes up for it as the pacing and stakes increases. I didn't really laugh at the "jokes" but then again I didn't have an audience to tell me when to laugh. Most memorable parts are the Mysterio sequences, which makes this movie better than the 1st.

You tell em user
Also youtu.be/3Wn1uewM-aQ

>He is a perfectly realistic and relatable portrayal of a teenager
yes all teenagers repair their clothing with the ultimate high tech computer and machinery
sowing your outfit back together? who does that at all?

Attached: tumblr_lyya0fbmdz1roej9io1_500.png (500x368, 409K)

this post will never not be true
MCU Spider-man is a insult to the vision Steve Ditko and Stan Lee had

>If you want to see Uncle Ben die for the millionth time
Go fuck yourself, everyone has made it clear enough that showing Uncle Ben Dying is not the issue.

>it's not like muh comics so it's not good

CRAAAAAAWLING IN MY SKIIIN

unless OP is a teenage girl, it's probably a shill

friendly reminder that Spidey has no rougues galary in these movies, all of his villians are mad at Iron Man
Friendly reminder that Iron Mans supporting cast have more screen time in homecoming than Petes own supporting cast
Friendly they completely glossed over the daily bugle and Peters work life, so much for relatability
Friendly reminder J Jonah Jameson actually was a respected Journalist in the comics, and they completely tossed his relation to Peter to have him be a fucking joke.
Friendly reminder we still havnt seen anything from Harry and Marvel already wants to introduce Norman in a fucking Avengers flick
Friendly reminder they played off one of the most dramatic reveals of Peters superhero life as a joke and with no lasting effect
Friendly reminder they devoted ''If this be my destiny'' to fucking Iron man, the pinacle of Spidey's character arc is yet another moment to shill the MCU's poster boy
Friendly fucking reminder Spidey would never kiss any Hero's ass as hard as he does to Iron Man in these movies

how these get away with doing all this shit while the ASM movies got blasted hard for less is beyond me, but this is the worst Spider-man adaptation yet, the MCU cant write Drama and Spider-man for that reason will never work

Attached: 73ec74cdf00a4408d036a15c28b8ac16.jpg (673x960, 239K)

*in homecoming
meant Far From Home

Nice try Ladderbro shill but only DC is popular and liked

no one except autists cares about how good of an adaptation it is. People care about how good of a mcu movie it is.

>no need to make him miserable
>FUCKING SPIDER-MAN HAS NO NEED TO MISERABLE
I WANT THESE FUCKING CASUALS OUT OF THIS BOARD
NOW

do you have any idea how many times a Christmas Carol has been adapted? yet every adaptation stays recognisable because they get core concepts right, by your standards the next time they reboot it it should be a spring break story about a guy who sees ghosts while drunk, it wont matter because its a adaptation right?

I need deepfakes! Deepfakes of Spider-Man!

Attached: image.jpg (480x331, 28K)

if its as good as every other MCU movie it will be forgotten in about 3 weeks

>no one except autists cares about how good of an adaptation it is
You're saying this on Yea Forums you retard.

>yet every adaptation stays recognisable
MCU Spider Man is recognizable as Spider Man. This does not mean they are going to copy everything about his stories.

>I work for The Walt Disney Corporation.
Nobody is buying it Ira

ITT

Attached: The_Simpsons-Jeff_Albertson.png (220x325, 56K)

And?

if he didnt wear the Spidey suit, this would be about as Spider-man as pic related

Attached: 92f6eed6863dac85be7ca61c8a4cb60add57de6d.jpg (426x597, 71K)

Guess it's a good thing he's wearing the spidey suit then.

do you want to know how i knew you are a newfag?

Attached: 0515f1928c1b78510520a57b9351d66a14b7de.jpg (640x960, 85K)

When will MCUfags get their own board?

still as based as the first time

>i dont care about the character at all as long as his in my shitty crossover movies
good to know

>none of the posts describing why the movie is bad mention any objective points for why it is bad
>it's just "NOT LIKE MUH COMICS SO BAD"

Attached: image.jpg (600x537, 38K)

It already exists, it's called Yea Forums.

(You)

But I do care about the character. Caring about MCU Spider Man does not entail caring about his comic character, nor does it mean that I have to care about how close it is to the comics.

did anrgy anti social dweeby teens just stop existing?

Attached: 5302294-spiderman-stan-lee-steve-ditko.jpg (302x301, 41K)

so you dont care about Spider-man
you care about Iron Boy

>still the undefeated trilogy

Attached: Trilogy.jpg (1196x1500, 181K)

But I do care about Spider Man. MCU Spider Man does his own thing and comics Spider Man does his own thing.

This bullshit again and again. And this fucking "core" it's something that change from thread to thread because anyone has his fucking idea about "muh" Spider-man and for the most they are just minor details , like nigger MJ .

MCU is not Spider-man tough
he is none of the character people actually know
what you like is simply the costume, anyone else could have been Spider-man

>And this fucking "core" it's something that change from thread to thre
In most threads the idea of what the core should be stay the same.
>like nigger MJ
So you're just going to ignore all of the problems with the supporting cast and boil it down to "you're racist"?

man i got monkey pawed hard
at this point id rather the see the ASM movies again than this shit

PS4 Spidey > Spiderverse Spidey > Tom Holland Spidey > Tobey Spidey > Garfield Spidey

Attached: wcmek186wll11.jpg (1920x1080, 90K)

>MCU is not Spider-man tough
Yes it is. He's called Spider Man and he looks like Spider Man so he's Spider Man.

hes a MCU NPC
he can only think in twitter logic
this should have been the core for MCU Spider-man, have Spidey been active since he was a teenager and introduce him as a experienced hero at the end of his college life, it would have been a fresh take and they could have distanced themselves from the other movies, why Marve/Sony didnt do this is beyond me

Which Spiderverse spidey? Miles or Peter B?

Attached: image.jpg (600x615, 36K)

a hobo can dress as Spidey and call himself Spidey in a drunk fit
doesnt make him Spider-man either

I'm just hoping we get a minor timeskip and a recast of Holland, he's a tiny boy man that can't realistically play adult Peter.

>why Marve/Sony didnt do this is beyond me

Yeah man, I'm not feeling this Tony Stark wankfest. PS4 Peter doesn't get enough praise.

Meant to reply to

>In most threads the idea of what the core should be stay the same.

good lie.

>this should have been the core for MCU Spider-man.

get ready

>Spidey been active since he was a teenager and introduce him as a experienced hero at the end of his college life, it would have been a fresh take and they could have distanced themselves from the other movies,

Literally minor details, pedestrian personal preferences for the most.

The fucking core of Spider-man by Stan lee's own admission was to create a young hero who would allow easy identification with the youth people of his time.

He was a nerd in the very old sense of the term, which is not today's nerd. This made him an outcast and a loser for the "normie" , and exactly as for the x-men, his characterization was very hinted, never exaggerated. The important thing was to pass a fairly vague portrait in which everyone could recognize himself (like intelligent, but misunderstood and therefore isolated because not conformed).

Then there are the common problems in which Peter had to deal all the time. Like the little money or the difficulty of finding a first job.
All things that with characters like Iron man, Captain America or Thor it was not possible because they were to much badass or successful to be in the reach of the ordinary teenager who survives with his parents' money.

The death of Ben, the sense of guilt, the message of power and responsibility were excellent idea of Lee to make the reader understand as directly as possible why Peter does what he does, but it's not the core of Spider-man. Peter could have learned the lesson in some other way, although the death of Ben is undoubtedly powerful and quite hard to equalize.

Does Disney pay you a salary or do you get paid per post?

>The death of Ben, the sense of guilt, the message of power and responsibility were excellent idea of Lee to make the reader understand as directly as possible why Peter does what he does, but it's not the core of Spider-man
Weird, because I seem to recall that all of that shit IS the character of Peter Parker.

Attached: Amazing Spider-Man 050(1967)(Digital)(TLK-EMPIRE-HD).cbr-18.jpg (2013x3056, 2.17M)

>He was a nerd in the very old sense of the term,
he was a anti social kid who lashed out at anyone that wasnt his aunt
how the fuck is this outdated? in what bubble do you live where those people didnt exist?

it's just how he learn the lesson and as I said

>Peter could have learned the lesson in some other way, although the death of Ben is undoubtedly powerful and quite hard to equalize.

The lesson of power and responsibility is not only for Peter, but for the reader too.

Yeah, and it became the foundation for him to become a superhero.
If it had been something else and if the MCU completely ignored it too I would still complain about that shit.

I don't think they'll ever do Uncle Ben. When I was complaining to my friend and brother about the lack of Uncle Ben, they said they didn't care about the moral backbone of Spidey.

Holy FUCK. This movie was so damn good. This is by FAR AND AWAY my all time fav Spiderman film. It’s not even close. Everything about it was so awesome.

I, admittedly, love the movie itself but have mixed feelings about the last two seconds on that first post credits scene. But it is pretty interesting to see what they’ll do with it as well.

So, overall, the movie itself was truly amazing for me. I can’t believe how good it was honestly.

Kind of mind blowing, I wasn’t sure about this take on MJ from HC but I really get what they’re doing this time around. I actually liked the romance in this because it felt so authentic. I’m blown away by that to.

This is a such a special movie to me, I’m floored by it still. It’s crazy.

In a slower and less brutal way, marvel is following a similar path of growth for him. People are angry because it's a more subtle, and less dramatic way. And a lot of people want the drama because for them =mature.

I am the first to say that Ben's death is unmatched, but only the dull at this point will not realize that Holland Spider-man is still dealing with this lesson. The only thing I don't like right now is the lack of guilt, but there is still a third movie to complete the lesson and in FFH there are some seeds about that.

He’s right and you know it ;)

Nah. On the whole it was pretty fuckin great.

I think this one ended on the note that he’s his own Spider-Man now. That was sort of the point of the entire film.

>In a slower and less brutal way, marvel is following a similar path of growth for him
Yeah, instead of Uncle Ben you have Uncle Tony and avengers bullshit.
>People are angry because it's a more subtle, and less dramatic way
Not even close.
>And a lot of people want the drama because for them =mature.
I can also make shit up, that wouldn't make it true.

>I am the first to say that Ben's death is unmatched, but only the dull at this point will not realize that Holland Spider-man is still dealing with this lesson. The only thing I don't like right now is the lack of guilt, but there is still a third movie to complete the lesson and in FFH there are some seeds about that.

>it's there, you're just too stupid to see it
>wait for the next movie
I've been hearing this shit since 2017.

Eh, they won’t. It’s done.

So wrong.
Missing the point entirely.

loool No

Just plain not true. There is more than one way to make the key points you brainlet.

Obvious underage faggot, calm down.

No, maybe he just doesn’t see it as a problem?

Moron.

Shills are not re-

PS4 Spidey > Tom Spidey > SpiderVerse Spidey > Tobey Spidey > Garfield Spidey

This.

>maybe he doesn't care about the characters at all?
Great rebuttal.

>Stop liking what I don’t like

Calling someone a shill just because they like something doesn’t make it true user. That’s just like, your opinion, man. A flippant one at that.

You're not fooling anyone, shill.

He was a 1960 nerd. The smart guy, bookworm, shy, insecure and physically uncool. it's still current, of course, but today's nerds are different, and be nerd today it's almost the norm.

Attached: ee.jpg (745x486, 68K)

>so wrong
>lool no
>just plain not true
actually try having a argument faggot

>The smart guy, bookworm, shy
I's guessing that those people just stopped existing then.
>physically uncool
Peter wasn't that.

Maybe he doesn’t care that they look or act different like you? New interpretation doesn’t automatically mean bad you autist lol

No leap in logic there at alllllll... Imagine being this dumb.

It was a good movie. Sorry that’s a lot for you to handle.

Nerd totally isnt the norm, unless you mean the way tumblr defines being a nerd (pic related)
kids like Peter still exist all over the world, that kid that sits in the back of the class that talks to no one, i still see it when i pick my siblings up from school

Attached: e7a.jpg (1916x945, 238K)

You’re not shilling anyone shill.
If I say shill it makes it shill shill.
Shill shill shill shill shill.

Keep misusing that because someone likes what you don’t like.

The ultimate childish move. I’m sure you really have your shit together shill poster.

>The Iron Lad stuff was fine to intergrate him into the MCU but it's over now and it's best to move on.
Watch the movie first, this is the opposite of what they do. The entire plot revolves around becoming the next Tony Stark.

Could you type like a grown fucking man instead of a 12 year old?
The problem isn't that they look or act different you gigantic faggot, it's that they're not the characters at all.

Yes. It feel right.

>le’Cry because he liiikes it
>Sneeeeeee
>Literally so much REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

i asked for a argument
not a tantrum

Attached: 9k=.jpg (187x269, 21K)

Keep trying to obscure the truth, shill.

No one said it yet, but another reason to dislike Holland's Spider-Man is lack of any backbone.
For all the shit Tobey gets even he felt more masculine.
Holland's is just an annoying cutesy teenage girl bait.

That’s not true. So... ?

The spirit and intent remains quite obviously but if it doesn’t fit an image or expectation you can’t accept it?

Who’s rly actually 12 here? Break it down user.

Anyway, yeah. I thought the movie was great and am excited about it as a life long Spiderman fan.

>NO FUN POLICE AT IT AGAIN

I’m not going to apologize for not being a sad cynical asshole over and perfectly great representation of a character I love so.

Eat a dick user. The character doesn’t belong to you. He belongs to everyone. Get over it.

>The truth
>My opinion

lmao Yeah ok kiddo. Sure thing.

>I think this one ended on the note that he’s his own Spider-Man now
Yeah just see next movie where they still gonna wank Iron Man.

>The spirit and intent remains quite obviously
the Spirit and Intent behind Spider-man was making a teenage superhero with his own journey and isnt a sidekick to anyone
MCU Spider-mans entire journey is trying to live up to Iron man, be the next Iron Man, get Iron Mans supporting cast and even fight Iron Man's villians for him

>It was a good movie
It was okay movie and nothing more or nothing less.

>shill desperately trying to hide it's a shill
kek

you guys arent making actual arguments lol

new interpetation doesnt excuse it from criticism either fag

>unless you mean the way tumblr defines being a nerd (pic related)

pretty much. the term is now often used to define comic/videogames fans.

>Peter wasn't that.

Peter was never ugly, but he neglected himself at the start and the glasses were close to the stereotype.
Also Spider-power helped a bit his body.

>The spirit and intent remains quite obviously but if it doesn’t fit an image or expectation you can’t accept it?
Do you remember when Ned Leeds was Peter's best friend in high-school? Or that he was a fat and bald southeast-Asian looking motherfucker?
Or how MJ was an antisocial bitch? Or Flash being a pushover that doesn't look more threatening than a twink? Or May being a hot 40 year old?

no wonder the board is so shit these days
barely anyone reads comics on Yea Forums these days, all these so called ''fans'' are spillovers from Yea Forums and tumblr
allowing live action was a mistake

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 52K)

>No driving motivation for being Spider-man
>Pete isn't very smart
thats just straight up wrong

A fart in Yea Forums is not criticism.

who are you to define what criticism is?

You're just going to ignore any valid criticisms because you're either a fanboy or you just want to shipost.
In this past week there have been more than enough FFH threads where people have said why they don't like MCU Spider-Man and made very good posts explaining why he's not Spider-Man. But sure, everything in Yea Forums is a fart and there can't be actual discussion on anything.

Attached: 2bb7be0dd03a53545935f3e3dc39f7f22d152439.png (222x341, 28K)

Attached: 1550850285876.jpg (360x360, 38K)

hell one of these arguments has been posted in this very thread
this guy's either blind or stupid

Someone who despite the futility tries VERY HARD to argue with some common sense.

yet you already resulted to ad hominem
maybe you should try a bit harder son :)

>>WHO THE FUCK CARES IF ITS REALISTIC IF IT
>>
>>ISNT
>>
>>FUCKING
>>
>>G O O D.
wow!! amazing explanation and reasoning. this is what nostalgia does to your brain kids

Attached: 1526345173885.jpg (688x437, 34K)

hes not wrong tough
the ASM movies also swung around with the ''its supposed to be realistic'' argument yet the movies where still forgetable trash

>Spectacular went 11 episodes without touching on Ben
>Spider-Verse just mentions it in 2 lines and he wasn't even the main character
>Spider-Man PS4 takes place YEARS after it happened
People loved those and yet you STILL see retards screaming that everyone who doesn't enjoy Holland Spidey just wants to see him die again. Clearly not showing Ben die isn't the problem.

Attached: 1530990518745.gif (250x188, 1.66M)

>with great powers comes...
>''dont you dare finish that sentence, dont do it, im sick of it''
in this sentence alone Pete not makes clear that Uncle Ben was someone important in his life but that hes also tired of his saying following him
thats more acknowledgement than he ever got in the 2 MCU Spider-man movies

*not only

>Dark Phoenix
>MCU

You could leave the movie as it is, make it part of the MCU and it would have had a 98% score on RT.

i know, right? i mean, people cant possibly like the movies and the comics at the same time.

Mfw FFH fans are all fake fans and I'm the TRUE Spider-Man fan numero uno

Attached: DpyUmM0X4AArl7e.jpg (375x382, 19K)

>mfw im projecting to protect billion dollar company

Attached: et-computer-kid-happy-surprised2.jpg (430x311, 73K)

Wait, were there different versions of identity reveal?
youtu.be/4eIq1b5vvk0
files.catbox.moe/0wxts5.webm

As cool as the end credits scene was on a surface level, it really isn't very impactful due to most of the people in Peter's life already knowing that he's Spider Man (it basically has the significance of Tony admitting to being Iron Man). It's disheartening that the only interesting reaction to the identity reveal will be Flash's, who is pretty much a joke character. God it would have been an amazing moment in Raimi Spider-Man 4 tho.

>it basically has the significance of Tony admitting to being Iron Man
but he's he's wanted for murder of a superhero (mysterio in the eyes of the public) and all the drone terrorist attacks also were pinned on him

That'd be a problem if it weren't for the fact that guys like Nick Fury know the truth and also have the power to bail Peter out of trouble.

It's almost like it's not about showing Ben dying as establishing, with one or two lines or shots, that Ben existed and instilled the values and ideals that made Spider-man.

Something that all those adaptations managed and yet the MCU can only vaguely hint that he existed and Peter feels bad about it.

Where would you put Spectacular Spidey (animated series) on that?

Spider-Verse also makes it extremely clear that all incarnations of the Spider-person all believe in the line even as they make fun of it

That scene's still there, friend, you can watch that movie again if you like. The rest of the world and I are going to watch new scenes in other movies that explore different aspects of the character.

The movie was enjoyable, but I'd still rank Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2 above it, Spider-Verse as well.
Holland is a really strong lead and I felt Peter's motivation was realistic and well executed, Mysterio was excellent, the action was good.
MJ actually wasn't annoying in this one, I bought her as a love interest.
I felt like some of the humor didn't click, especially the Skrulls scene, felt stupid.

I REALLY want to know where they're going to go with the secret identity thing being blown.

Attached: 1522986761653.jpg (1064x792, 110K)

The reason why it not being like the comics is bad is because it doesnt understand what makes Peter a compelling character and his tales so interesting, leaving the MCU equivalent feeling hollow and boring as a result.

I mean we did, you're just being a retard

How is he wrong?

>maybe if I include mild criticisms they won't smell my obvious shilling from a mile away

Gain height.

I got a little choked up when he started doing Tony shit on the plane

So the only accepted comment is to say that it's total shit?

>Yes, these things happened, we get it.
Which is why Ben is never even mentioned.

Shame they made MJ insufferable in that game.

>tfw when Raimi, someone who doesn't like Venom, gets Venom more than any MCUfag does

Yes, now that nerds are fashionable. Now nerds are "lol funny and adorkable XD" just like slackers were.

Peter had graduated by issue 20. His most well known stories come from when he's an adult.

This "Peter is meant to be a teen" meme is retarded.

>issue 20

Issue 30 actually. And it is not a meme, it is simply a starting point. Even the Mcu Peter will become an adult, relax.

Even Dead I'm The Hero

>He didn't notice the initials on the suitcase
pleb

But Peter is a compelling and interesting character in the MCU.

Yes it does.

>it is simply a starting point
He's already been in five movies, when does the starting point end?

>hasn't seen Into the Kino-verse

He really isnt.

You realize Tobey wasn't in high school in Spider-man 2 and 3 right?

Motherfucker he wasnt in highschool by the fucking 40 minute mark.

No shit, but I didn't mention that because it counts as a movie he was in high school. My point is the same, though - Raimi's trilogy is not about high school Peter like people keep claiming.

What does black faggot penis have to do with Uncle Ben?

Yeah, he was in college in his second movie unlike Holland that's been in high school for fucking five movies, probably six or seven counting future movies.

Nobody is claiming that you retard.

>The Iron Lad stuff was fine to intergrate him into the MCU but it's over now and it's best to move on.

Move on to what? Its not like they can just start adapting Spidey stories, every story they make is going to be new shit because the character is so wildly different.

>counting his appearances in non-Spidey movies
Imagine being this butthurt about the MCU

imagine being blind to the numerous problems that tying Spider-mans character, motivations, and personality to the overarching MCU and especially Iron Man cause

>when does the starting point end?

In the third film of his trilogy "home".
>five

The others were a Cap movie and two Avengers movies. In all of them he was a guest star, but I don't have to explain this, right? Unless you deliberately want to shitposting.

Alright, he's been in high-school for two movies, probably three counting the next movie.
That's already more than the Raimi trilogy and the ASM movies.

>Spider-Man's character revolves around the struggles of a teenager/young adult to balance his work life/ social life and his life as a superhero, and how he often needs to sacrifice his own happiness for the good of others. .This is something the MCU gets perfectly.

MCU Spider-Man doesnt have a work life or social life. Everyone he interacts with in the movie knows his identity so he just blows everyone off all the time and theyre cool with it because they know all of his secrets.

How dramatic and/or engaging

>That's already more than the Raimi trilogy and the ASM movies.
So why is that bad, though? Why shouldn't they be doing something different than the past versions?

>Spider-man was only ever in high school for 20 issues

Attached: USM.jpg (1074x1650, 454K)

>As cool as the end credits scene was on a surface level, it really isn't very impactful due to most of the people in Peter's life already knowing that he's Spider Man

Reminder that Aunt May finding out Peters identity, what should be a dramatic SHIT HITS THE FAN moment, was played as a cut to credits gag in the first movie

Marvel deliberately shit all over the drama of the secret identity reveal because they dont view it as something worth showing the audience.

They dont care about the "impact" of the secret identity. They just want it gone because secret identities are best suited to long form storytelling like tv shows and comics, where you can get mileage out of them, not two hour films.

Yeah, keep the character in high school even though most he's been out of it for fucking five decades.

>inb4 muh ultimate

Didn't even finish the post before some faggot did it.

>tries to inb4 even though he's after it

Attached: 8A97845D-1B7F-4981-80B8-6DFF62EE15B0.jpg (960x400, 61K)

Was about to post it when the faggot brought up Ultimate, if were going to follow the Ultimate route then Peter is not even going to finish high school.

Because Raimi wasn't sure how many movies he could have made, even if he had ideas for at last 4 or 5.

With Mcu there is the clear intention to make at least two trilogies and hopefully, to make Spider-man a central character of the new phase. They took a young actor on purpose, but in the third movie they will have to graduate him.

>wait for the next movie
I remember hearing that when I complained about May finding out Spider-Man's identity.

I mean in 30 years when they reboot the MCU I'm sure we'll get a faithful retelling of the Ditko/Lee stuff in the spirit of the raimi films, with old fossil aunt may, harry, and cornrows hair Norman. OG spider-man is defining material and someone is going to want to make another adaptation eventually.

The retarded shit will be the identity unveiling in 616 and the subsequent global amnesia again that theyll need to get out of it

>over 200 issues of one of the most popular runs in Spidey's history doesn't count because I said so and because I don't like Bendis

In the third Movie, Holland will be 26 years old.

So what? He still looks 15.
Alan Ruck was 29 when he played Cameron in Ferris Bueller and he looked WAY older than Holland.

You know why it doesn't count?
Because Ult. Peter is nothing like MCU Peter, and you know, the fact that Ult. Peter fucking DIES.

>>over 200
Peter "dies" in 158

>I don't want to wait
>I want everything now.

Well, just wait, it's not like you have many alternatives. You survived 10 years of the Avengers. You can probably survive another ten years.

I fucked up, he dies in #160.
Point still stands.

Thing is, I don't give a shit anymore.
I was already tired of the MCU when CW came out, Endgame is the perfect end point for me.

>Peter "dies" in 158
He dies in 160.
There were 16 issues of Ultimate Team Up.
There were 7 issues of Ultimate Six.
There were 2 Requiem issues.
There were 3 annuals.
There was a half issue.
That's 188 (not 189, since they renumbered after the wrong issue). There's also the 12-issue Doomsday series he's a mc of plus plenty of guest appearances.

That's over 200.

> Because Ult. Peter is nothing like MCU Peter, and you know, the fact that Ult. Peter fucking DIES.
Well he's also nothing like 616 Peter, and you know, the fact that 616 Peter has clones and was mindswapped with Doc Ock and so much other shit.
So why does it matter if he follows the same path as 616 Spidey?

Stop contradicting yourself.

he also comes back to life in an absolutely gratuitous way , just a few days before the destruction of the Ultimate universe.

Sooo lucky.

Fantastic, you're free, so why are you so butthurt?
But more than that, why are you wasting your time in this thread when you could use your life on threads that interest you more?

So when I count ensemble movies I'm a fucking idiot but when you count team-ups, annuals and events then it's okay.

>Well he's also nothing like 616 Peter
I know, he's not like any Peter in any continuity.
>the fact that 616 Peter has clones and was mindswapped with Doc Ock and so much other shit.
Luckily for Iron boy all of that shit happened when Peter was an ADULT, so he'll be fine for a while.
>So why does it matter if he follows the same path as 616 Spidey?
Because you can't use Ultimate as an excuse and then completely dismiss the criticisms when you point out that he's not like 616 Peter.

>so why are you so butthurt?
I'm not butthurt, we're arguing shit about MCU Spider-Man.
>why are you wasting your time in this thread when you could use your life on threads that interest you more?
Because I think that it's poor manners to not check on a thread that you've posted on and reply to the people that reply to you, even if it's about a topic that you're not that invested in.

MCU Spidey really needs someone to die on his watch to get him motivated. I do agree that one of the big problems with MCU Spidey is he's trying desperately to be someone else.

He really is.

YES.

I DO WANT EVERYTHING NOW BECAUSE ITS A FUCKING MOVIE.

No, not really.

Plot Twist... MJ dies killed by the Goblin, Gwen becomes his wife.
Joke aside, we've already had two films where three people die, Uncle, Gwen's and Gwen's father.

Therefore I don't think that the MCU will follow this path.

So because people died in other movies the MCU wont do it?
That's fucking stupid.

Attached: Spider-Man_PS4_Selfie_Photo_Mode_LEGAL.jpg (3840x2160, 1.73M)

>Peter's nonwhite love interest killed off so he can be with the pure Aryan Gwen Stacy

Didn't know they brought Raimi back as a consultant.

it's not a movie anymore, welcome to the new Marvel continuity. But Movie series have existed since before the two of us were born.

On a creative level, it serves to ensure that Amazing Spider-man remains its unique experience. The theme of death and failure is certainly the element that characterizes the Garfield saga the most. Raimi, on the other hand, was a clear homage to the classic Spider-man, especially aesthetically.

They’re all by the same writer and part of the same story. They’re not just random appearances.

And I’m not using Ultimate as an excuse, I’m using it to show you that there’s more than one way to do Spider-man. You were the one saying “but muh Spidey was only in hs for 20 issues!”

>They’re all by the same writer and part of the same story.
You have me on the writer part but the MCU has all been part of the same story, at least until Endgame.
>I’m using it to show you that there’s more than one way to do Spider-man
I know that there's more than one way of doing Spider-Man, Marvel Adventures is my favorite Spidey outside of 616.
>You were the one saying “but muh Spidey was only in hs for 20 issues!”
I have said that, but I'm not the one that said it in this thread. I bring that up when people say that he should be in high school or that he was only ever a high school student.
Which is why I blame Utlimate for every misconception about the character.

>Which is why I blame Utlimate for every misconception about the character.

Is not a misconception. Spider-man start as student in all his incarnations, to then become an adult. it's part of his growth. He was a student in the first Raimi movie and so in Amazing 1. Then he graduated and went to college. Ultimate is a special case, but it seems to me that even there, Peter had graduated after Ultimatum. And dies soon after.
With the Mcu they are taking it slow, but I really don't think they want to do 3 scholastic trilogies.

Just the first one.

>Spider-man start as student in all his incarnations
PS4

> the MCU has all been part of the same story, at least until Endgame
Yes and no. They're all one story, but none of them were SPIDER-MAN stories. They were akin to him showing up for a fight scene in an X-Men comic. It's not like they were focused on developing him. Between Civil War and Endgame he was in, what, 10 minutes?

>he should be in high school or that he was only ever a high school student.
>Which is why I blame Utlimate for every misconception about the character.
I agree that people shouldn't say he "should" be in highschool necessarily, and anyone who says he is "only" in high school is an idiot. Though, to be fair, Raimi Spider-man 1 is probably equally to blame, because it's not like casuals have read the comics let alone remember the movies. Garfield only reinforced that.

But more over, you think it's stupid when people say he "should" be in high school. Yet why SHOULDN'T he be in high school?

So i am gonna go watch this tommorow and i haven't seen first Holland movie. Will i miss anything if i don't watch it?

nah, it's mostly a sequel to endgame

PS4 Spider-Man is so much better than MCU Spider-Man it's nuts. I'm very thankful capeshit is at an all time high so I can enjoy it in different mediums.

Attached: 1562110285683.jpg (1041x1600, 530K)

>That is something new and interesting no other Spider-Man film or property haven't done in a while.
>A superhero having his identity revealed is interesting and hasn't been done in a while
GROW
THE
FUCK
UP AND LURK MORE
READ MORE
PLEASE

Definitely got PS4 Spidey vibes when he took a selfie while swinging at the end of the movie