Spider-Man Into the Spider-Verse thread

Spider-Man Far from Home came out today so let's talk about the far better Spider-Man Film, Spider-Man Into the Spider-Verse!

Attached: spider-man-into-the-spider-verse-5be5c90452d9b.png (1000x562, 331K)

As soon as I was leaving the theater from ItSV, I knew the MCU wouldn't be able to compete.

and from the looks of it, it couldn't.

Know next to nothing about Spiderman comics but really enjoyed Spiderverse.
Is Bendis' initial run good for starting out with Miles?
What about Spider Gwen?

>Is Bendis' initial run good for starting out with Miles?
Spider-verse is literally the only piece of media where Miles is an enjoyable character

There are Gwen solo series' you can check out but they aren't that great. Average art and her alternate universe just feels lifeless with boring characters.

i liked him in PS4 but he was just there. Spider-Verse really made Miles into the character he should've been from the get-go.

No. You should read Ditko, Conway and Stern's runs and ignore almost everything else outside of a few highlights. This movie better than any Spidey comic in decades.

I liked this movie but its overrated as fuck

Just watched it an hour ago. One of the most visually interesting movies I've ever seen. Really liked that. Although Peni, noir, and ham didn't really need to be there. Also peni's visual gimmick should have been her lips animated to her entire script in Japanese with her regular English voice over it.

>Although Peni, noir, and ham didn't really need to be there.

You're right but honestly for such a visually bombastic the movie is I was impressed with how restrained some elements of it are. These characters get a few lines but they never out stay their welcome. I can't even imagine what MCU or any other franchise would do with Spider-Ham. Hammer you over the fucking head with forced memes until you want to die.

I wish peni had been a bit more anime but they nailed ham's animation and gags even if he looked a little cgi at times. Obviously still glad the 3 were there just to add visual variety if nothing else.

This movie is getting to be as overrated as those raimi movies.

The less you know about spiderman the better the movie is. This movie was made to spite the franchise

Anyone notice how peter is reluctant to help Miles at first, but then he's superheroic and eager to sacrifice himself with no transition or explanation in between? Bothers me a little bit.
Also, I'm not familiar with spider-man, so when I saw the scorpion guy, I thought of that infamous "bad cgi example" scorpion guy from some film.

It's the other Spidee-man movie thread tou want mate

No Miles was specifically made to spite the franchise

Not really but ok

I mean that whole moment on the walls made it clear that he wasn't going to just walk away.
He might be bitter about it but he's still as duty bound as ever.

The sacrificing bit was at least partially because he realised if he went back he'd have to face his issues, which he'd momentarily escaped from in Miles universe.

What makes you say that?

>his origin requires Pete to die
>the simple fact of his existence removes peters unique qualities
>there have been multiple examples of writers tearing peter down to build miles
>this entire movie was peter losing so we could see miles “win”

How is he not?

This is true of almost every legacy hero

Not all of them Dick, Wally hell even Bucky and Sam, have relationships with their predecessor and careers and character all on there own.

Miles was specifically created by bendis to replace peter whole sale, and he tanked his character to do it

>tanked

Ultimate Peter has one of the single best deaths in comic books. The set up wasn't great (but what part of Ultimatum was, really) but the actual death itself was superb and well handled. Miles, almost literally, worships Peter. You're not making a great case for yourself here.

Read the current Saladin Ahmed Miles series instead

No, Jesus. Everything Bendis writes is trash and Miles' creation is an abortion. Spider-Verse from now on should be considered his official origin.

Just watched it for the first time.
The visuals are amazing for sure, some of the best in cape kinema, the story was whatever.

>Barry dies stopping the anti monitor from destroying his universe, single handedly turning the tide of the fight
>Bruce dies killing a literal god and preventing him from conquering earth
>Cap dies on the steps of the court house after he turned himself in for fighting an unjust law
>Pete gets killed by the 20th incarnation of the sinister 6

Great death, totally not over blown and absolutely written ahead of time. In no way was it hurriedly done to get him out of the way. And in no way did bendis bring him back to show how much better Miles was than him and for him to tell the audience that

Go read Champions and Miles' current run. It's not even close to Spider-Verse but it's better than Bendis' garbage

Finally watching this on Netflix, I love everything about it except Peter. That was the biggest disappoint watching it. I mean the other Spiders not getting nearly the attention I thought they did based on Yea Forums threads and art, but Peter himself feels weird.

How so? I think they did a good job at portraying Peter at his best and worst

We never saw peter at his best, peter at his best in this was Batman.

>I think they did a good job at portraying Peter at his best and worst
That's the issue. The worst that they portrayed didn't feel like Peter Parker at his worse and the best they portrayed didn't feel like his best.

I understand how much this comes off as "not muh Spider-Man" but his self destructive spiral after Aunt May's death in the B Universe was far too light hearted and self pitying in the wrong ways. Peter at his worse is caustically self destructive to an almost self harming degree. It's him getting fat instead almost gaunt and unhealthy.

>Pete finally succumbs to the bullet wound that he got trying to protect Captain America after saving his Aunt May and Mary Jane from Norman Osborn and his other arch villains.
Fixed. Peter went out in a grand style in a universe where dying an ignoble death was common.

Then he came back to tell Miles that he was the real spiderman. Pete getting killed by the sinister 6 was such a fucking cop out that bendis knew he has to rub it in even more

1. Like I said, he died from the bullet wound
2. That happened for the same reason that he got aged 2 years. Bendis listens to the internet far too much and let them influence his writings. Remember that this is a man that killed off War Machine in the comics thinking that he was going die in the movies

Pete dying a miles being created happened in the same breath because of the internet’s shitty opinions. There was no build up to Pete dying just as there was no reason. His death was pointless and anticlimactic and got undercut within a year I don’t know how you can even defend it. Miles is the worst thing that’s happened to peter since OMD

the lack of transition is because peter, despite looking like he became a depressed slob, never really lost his heroism. even from dropping to his lowest point in life, he still is able to spring up to being a hero again because that's who he is

>It's him getting fat instead almost gaunt and unhealthy
Spider-Man is not Batman, but they do have that odd similarity between them that they are both driven to do this superhero thing until they break due to an unhealthy compulsion.

I liked that he self destructed his marriage due to being terrified of them being hurt, but I didn't like that it didn't lead to the relationship between Miles and Peter being about how Spider-Man is Peter Parker's burden sure, but that his mistake and how he learned from it gave people heroism. You don't have to continue being alone and do things on your own. Miles does not need to be Peter Parker, but the film tackled it from the point that Miles had to prove something and find it within himself to be a different kind of Spider-Man because others had expectations of him and doubted him.

There is a dynamic to be explored between Miles and Peter. Miles didn't have it easier per say, but his adventures, his cast is a far cry from Peter Parker brawling with the Sinister Six as his powers fade away, getting bodied by Tombstone and just mixing it up with lunatics like Tarantula and the Enforcers.

Recently watched it on Netflix. Was pretty much the love letter everyone built it up to be, though it wasn't perfect. Kingpin's design didn't work for me. He was literally a square.

But Peter B. Parker was the perfect Spider-man.

hello fellow contrarian. boy aren't we cool hating popular things

>But Peter B. Parker was the perfect Spider-man.
He does not feel at fucking all like Spider-Man.

>>his origin requires Pete to die
no it doesn't, he literally had his powers before pete died but didn't do anything
>the simple fact of his existence removes petes unique qualities

who is ben reily, kaine, venom,silk,spider gwen
>there have been multiple examples of writers blah blah blah
that has nothing to do with the character
>entire movie was peter losing
ends movie with him in a better place than he started, and he lost? lol

>I don’t know how you can even defend it.
I am defending the way he died which was pretty good as most super hero death goes. I would be happier if he died saving lives during the flood in Ultimatum because that would have also been a good hero's death. I doubt Miles being created happen in the same breath considering Bendis was trying to recreate Spider-man and his Amazing Friends.

>Finds out about a supercollider that got his alternative universe counterpart killed
>Doesn't care just wants to go home.
I know he changes his tune but are you fucking serious?

>his first comic is him taking the name after peter died
>LOL his origin doesn’t require peter to die

It did you can literally see that the death of peter started right after the twitter campaign to get Donald Glover to be Pete in the amazing movies. The only reason the death happened was to make miles there was no thought or metaphor put into it

>The Dark Knight
>Logan
>Spider-Verse

I enjoy the MCU for what it is but why can't they even come close? Why are they so addicted to mediocrity?

Logan was pretty mediocre too

Disagree

>Old as fuck cucked PP
>treating spiderman gig like a dead end job
>adopts a nigger to groom as the new spiderman

fuck off reddit

>The only reason the death happened was to make miles there was no thought or metaphor put into it
It was for sales, Miles was an afterthough

>one of his best friends is Rhodey
>has been one of the few who has seen the technology of wakanda
seriously?

Attached: DT8OGSmVwAEr37v.jpg (1127x545, 121K)

No Miles was the reason Pete’s death was the after thought

I can't speak for comics Miles but just the difference between Miles and Young Parker is amazing.

Would Peter be a bully by today's standards due to some of the shit he says?

You should read fucking Spider-man comics then. His speech patterns and behavior was exactly like in the beginning of JMS' run before MJ returned to him, but even more disgruntled and jaded.