So I stopped reading Marvel after Secret Wars ended but I'm...

So I stopped reading Marvel after Secret Wars ended but I'm.not picking them back up and just finished War of the Realms. But what the fuck happened after Secret Wars? Were all the universes put back together? Like, is Old Man Logan still part of 616? Same with Miles. I saw Throg is now part of 616
Can anyone give me a quick rundown?

Attached: 61a-7XWNDWL.jpg (325x500, 67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/saladinahmed/status/1138580928530399232
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>I stopped reading
>But I continued to read
>But I stopped reading

Whoops, sorry. Meant to say "but I'm now picking them up"

Everything was reset, but Logan "crossed the border" before everything could be split apart again, so he stayed.

Miles being in 616 was a gift for the burger. It's not 100% clear if he remembers the other universe or not and the writers seems to have given up trying to explain it.

The Maker had parts of him split up and sent to different universes or something. It's unclear if there are more of him out there or what his endgame is now that Eternity War is over.

Throg has always been 616 i thought. He's not an alt universe thor, he's a person turned into a frog that got the power of thor from a splinter of the hammer.

but yes everything is back to normal. Some of the people from dead universes got to live in 616 now.

AFAIKT It's all one universe, but rumblings of an Ultimate U return are growing

Ultimate U is already back from the ending of Spider-Men II

Miles remembers some of his memories, I'm not sure if he remembers all of memories, but maybe the his ongoing will answer it now that someone from the Ultimate universe is coming after him.

Maker is now working with a new organization calling themselves Project Oversight. No one knows what they are working on and who they are working for, but it's probably symbiote related since this comes from the new Venom ongoing.

What would be the point? Barring them giving it to Hickman, ultimate Marvel has run its course and current day Marvel Comics isn't going to invest in the talent required for making it a major Marvel imprint again.

Mile is still around and is the last major string left connecting to the ultimate universe, just start his book in the ultimate universe again and be done with it. That’s really the only way to justify his issue count

After what happened with Spider-Gwen, I don't think it's a good idea to split another Spider between two universes.

Besides, even if they did put him back, it wouldn't stop Marvel from having him go back and forth to 616. He's already part of a team there. Meanwhile, all the teams Miles joined in Ultimate literally blew up.

>Miles remembers some of his memories, I'm not sure if he remembers all of memories, but maybe the his ongoing will answer it now that someone from the Ultimate universe is coming after him.
According to the solicits, Ahmed is revisiting the Ultimate Universe plot again:
twitter.com/saladinahmed/status/1138580928530399232
Also there was an enemy in Ironheart that identified Miles as belonging to another universe.

Attached: ironheart-6.png (647x994, 1014K)

>what the fuck happened after Secret Wars? Were all the universes put back together?

Reed, Sue and the Future Foundation worked together with Molecule Man to gradually restore the Multiverse, one universe at a time; each new universe, conceptualized by Franklin and created by MM, would include a fraction of the latter to increase the all-over stability and his sanity.

Unfortunately all their work was undone by an OC called the 'Griever at the end of all things'. There was no follow-up to this although technically this means there is currently no Multiverse.

I don't think anyone at Marvel really thought about any of this, to be honest. They're pretty stupid.

Attached: All-powerful my ass.jpg (1288x1000, 619K)

Secret Wars is the perfect jumping-off point.
With the exception of the limited 'The Vision' series, there have been no great comics since Hickman left.

Except for Ewing's stuff.

>Immortal Hulk is not good

>What is Ahmed's Black Bolt
>What is Marvel's Two-In-One
>What is Bowers & Sims' Darkhawk

>What is Ahmed's Black Bolt
Boring.

>What is Marvel's Two-In-One
Inconsequential.

>>What is Bowers & Sims' Darkhawk
Nobody cares.

Ah so this one you reply to, but not this , cool cool.

>i'm a pleb and have pleb taste so i don't understand what makes something enjoyable.
FTFY

Forgot about this one.
Immortal Hulk is great. But overall, (with the possible exception of Venom) their are no other ongoing series from Marvel that will be considered classics a decade from now.

Eh don't underestimate War of the Realms influence, after all there IS a whole generation who grew with nothing but Aaron's epic Thor saga. Like it or not, a lot haven't even read anything before him and likely think of him as the quintessential Thor writer... Hell, even Cates as the complete pleb hack he is considers him so.

But I agree, not many would be considered classics like that. I still think Ultimates/Ultimates2 influence will be felt later on and it's one of the most dense series from the last few years.

Duggan's Deadpool might.

Bendis' run on Miles will definitely be, like it or not.

>Were all the universes put back together?
More or less. I'm sure there are some that Reed, Molecule Man and Franklin never got around to remaking.

>is Old Man Logan still part of 616?
Nope, he went back to his own universe.

>Same with Miles.
He's still in 616, but the 616 version of Miles Morales went over to the Ultimate Universe, so they kinda just swapped places.

>I saw Throg is now part of 616
Throg being in 616 is nothing new and not a result of Secret Wars. He led the Pet Avengers years before Secret Wars happened.

>It's not 100% clear if he remembers the other universe or not
He acknowledged being from a different universe in Spider-men 2, and referenced the fact that the venom from his universe killed his mom in the Venom ongoing which is why he attacked Venom on-sight. His memories of the ultimate universe might be a bit hazy or something, but he definitely knows that 616 wasn't where he's originally from.

>AFAIKT It's all one universe
Couldn't be more wrong. I mean shit, All-new All-different LAUNCHED with Web Warriors, a book about multiversal spider-men exploring the multiverse, and Spider-gwen, a book set in Earth-65.

> rumblings of an Ultimate U return are growing
Rumblings? Dude, we've KNOWN the Ultimate Universe got remade for a long time now. It explicitly showed up in Spider-men 2 and that comic came out in 2017. Just because there aren't any ongoings set in the ultimate universe doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Hell, Miles' ongoing is about to introduce a new villain named Ultimatum that's from from the ultimate universe.

Presumably the Griever only ate up the OC universes that Franklin made as opposed to the remade versions of old universes. And regardless, Griever's claim that she ate up all the universes Franklin made was proven false in the very comic where she made that claim considering that red namor kid was from one of the universes Franklin made and he and his universe were totally fine.

>inconsequential
What an utterly pedestrian and small brained criticism. By your own logic, The Vision was bad because it was inconsequential while Civil War II was a brilliant masterpiece because it had consequence.

War of the Realms seemed very underwhelming to me, but I didn't read the build-up to it. (Wasn't a fan of Whor, even though I loved the design.) I honestly think it'll be remembered less than House of M.

Great points of both.
I own the Duggan Omnibus, and hope it gets remembered fondly. I can't believe I forgot it.

However, didn't all of these runs start before Secret Wars ended?

Yes and no, because even though the Duggan/Posehn run started before Secret Wars, the "Despicable Deadpool" run that began around Secret Empire (2016-2017) is also quite memorable and probably among his best.
>I honestly think it'll be remembered less than House of M.
Again, don't underestimate it. Maybe not WoTR but the buildup to it definitely will be remembered, and Jane Thor stuck, despite everything.