Boom! Studio Power Rangers Comics General

What have they done to my boy Jason the Original Red Ranger?

>Almost killed by super-powered version of Tommy he can't beat
>demoted to 2nd-string leader over Tommy
>Gets his best friend killed because of Drakkon, leading to his PTSD
>his true love is 20 years into the future and in love with his brother

Attached: 1561942843694.jpg (1988x3056, 857K)

>his brother

So Tommy is Wolverine and Jason is Cyclops?

People actually like Jason though.

I like Cyclops. Among my favorite character in MvC.

Dr. O was the "ultimate" form of Tommy, his last real appearance with any show and action. Legend Battle aside.

Drakkon should've been finished off by Power Rangers Tommy Force, composed of all the slain Tommys and led by Professor O.

Attached: 1561993289065.jpg (480x480, 46K)

Where's pink?

i don't know. i was just checking if the guy that i responded to was the one who spazzed out on /m/ because of this.

>Boomer! Studios

Stuff that plausibly could have happened off-screen that we were never told about is not what the word "contradiction" means.

Then let the helmets happen off-screen then.

Pay there is mostly shit, acording to several unnamed creators.

It shows in the quality and excessive Tommy shilling.

Which is why I'm disappointed didn't happen. If you're going fanfic, go full retard with it.

Just like Saban!

Can I get a quick rundown on what has happened since the "Evangelion 26" variety ending of Shattered Grid?

>Evangelion 26
Wait. There were congratulating Tommy for defeating Tommy?

Why are they collabbing with DC when it's Marvel that helped sentai create JAKQ and Battle Fever J?

Wow shit I...actually like these...

That explains why Parrotts cowroters are now Sina Fucking Grace & Maggie fucking Bennett

Well when they defeated Drakkon, the O5 were used to reset the universe how it was before the event happened...implying Drakkon has also been revived bc his failed evil universe is PART of the grid of the grid too and cant be erased.
>its a necessary evil that he exists so you dont erase innocent ppl in his timeline
Other than that, a 9 issue filler arc about fan favorite rangers forming a hodge podge team, getting stranded outside of the morphing grid, being written totally shamefully out of character, discovering a planet size asteroid made of zeo crystal (which is where OUR Zeo Crystals broke off from), along with a gaybaiting self insert OCDonutSteel, defeating an extremely over-expositioned villain.

Tell people that their fanmade helmet idea is dumb and they spend a full day arguing about it.

never change, /prg/.

Don't forget an OCDonutSteel Green Psycho Ranger (because they can't get enough of Green).

Attached: download (1).jpg (254x198, 12K)

Ninja Coin / MMPR S3?

How do you go from white tiger to falcon...

Found this on Google but it's just not as good.

Attached: d5oeu1o-f274d036-dfe6-44d1-846b-f5dc5c7babc0.jpg (689x1181, 118K)

I mean, it kinda of looks like a falcon. The top part of the visor looks beak-like.

Attached: 23e164419a1f3535041e943537f4846f--green-ranger-white-ranger.jpg (236x297, 15K)

>there are people who are expecting this to not be Tommywank

When will you learn?

Attached: sxka4roov2q01.jpg (720x490, 106K)

>his true love is 20 years into the future and in love with his brother
But Trini is there and she doesn't have... oh, dude you can't call Zack "brother" just because he's black, that's ra-... You meant the Samurai chick?

Issue 40

Aisha has at least a fragment of a personality, best boy Adam has arrived, White Light is meth, Switzerland is actually space, Chad Skull has a GF, and a member of Kruger's species is now bounty hunting the rangers.

Attached: gibson helmets.png (900x600, 373K)

>Trini is in love with Jason but ends up BLACKED

She can never go back.

Attached: 5cf4bdc8e4dbea2d6010ed9c20bd3b56.jpg (416x638, 53K)

I hope you're not implying he's a Gary Stu. While Tommy is seemingly good at everything without trying, he wasn't always that way. He started out as a villain, lost his powers for some time, and never got the girl.

But most importantly he didn't start perfect. He trained. Every episode it shows him training or studying. Training, training, training. He's not strong without reason. Almost every episode shows him at the gym, in the classroom, or at the dojo. If he seems too incredible, its because he trained every day. Both mind and body. Of all superheros, he's one of the most realistic, because we actually see him training every day.

Also he can't be a Gary Stu, because he didn't get the girl in the end. Its basically a requirement.

He's the best there is at what he does, and he end up with Kat and fuckin' Kim on the side

But Kim also trained every day, but after Tommy joined the team she became a damsel-in-distress and only knew how to run and yell "Tommy". And everyone else is side-lined so he can be in the spotlight.

I like the Boom Power Rangers, probably 50/50 nostalgia though as when they moved over to the rando team for MMPRs after shattered grid I gave 0 fucks and just only read GoGo. I really hope they use this platform to make sort of an alternate timeline to the show. They sort of are with the Alpha 1 plot line but I want it to go further. Supposedly soon there will be a time skip and they will continue from when Tommy rejoins as the White Ranger but I am not 100% sure on the validity of that.

I really like the teen romance in the series, especially with Jason and Trini. This is kind of another reason why I hope this has it's own timeline because if we know Jason/Trini and Tommy/Kim doesn't work out, kind of removes the fun of the ride. The art is also a prefect fit for PRs IMO too.

Just throwing in my two cents. The comics are a dumpster fire, full stop. Drakkon, all the OCs, everything, it's all hot garbage that comes across as bad fan-fiction.

Methinks anyone who's a Green Ranger fan is a huge fan of the Boom! comics. The problem is that not all PR fans are Green Ranger fans.

It's weird. I was a super Tommy fan as a kid, but now reading the Boom comic, I am really starting to like Jason. I am still probably a Tommy fan as I actually enjoyed the Drakkon arc.

Probably because I love calling it Crisis on Infinite Tommys.

Why are the Boom Comics never-ending Tommy shilling?

the time skip just happened. the latest issue has the new red white black and yellow rangers ( and aisha actually just became the best character somehow) and jason trini and zach have new secret powers.

The artist is a personal friend of JDF.

It's the Tommy plot over? GoGo is just the OG team and their adventures before Tommy and MMPRs became a hodgepoge team from all timeslines doing... fuck IDK I stopped reading.

There's a new white?

>and jason trini and zach have new secret powers.

So they passed on being rangers? Gay. I just want fun stories with the original team. You sya they have powers? Are they actually still doing stuff with the Rangers or what?

yeah. timeskip happened and we're in zedd territory now. Things are plenty different, jason trini and zach secretly have new powers, aisha is weirdly the best character and zedd has an evil version of the dog from spd as a new minion.

GoGo is also flopping because the artists don't have good stories/enough passion/Tommy in them, so naturally we're going to get more Tommy shilling in the near future since the main audience of the comics are Tommyfags anyway.

Go Go is gonna be set right after Shattered Grid and before MMPR #40 now

nah, it is tommy. they set it up as a fake out so a version of tommy is alive but they're stting something up with jason and crew having new pwers they aren't telling anyone about.

>GoGo is also flopping

is it though, desu no boom studios comics sell well by big two standards, and both the power rangers comics are their best sellers as I understand it. I mean shattered grid was their best seller ever I think.

Kat is best girl and top wife.
Kim was knocked up by Skull summer after senior year (Turbo) to birth Spike

Will she also kick the bucket in the comics?

>up with jason and crew having new pwers
Eeeh. New powers?

It's going to be temp powers too since only Jason comes back in Zeo.

I was hoping of a better secret mission when they got peace conferenced.

Skullovich is a rich man and a gentleman. Kim got an upgrade.

It's so bad, we might as well rename the term "Mary-Sue" to "Tommy Oliver" at this point.

continuity is pretty much up in the air. in my mind the further they go off script the better. That's just my take though. The show is nostalgia for me, but it wasn't ever *good*. i'd rather they play around more than stick to closely to the show.

they are playing the peace conference thing well though as it's become a big divide in the group. tommy is pissed at jason because he feels abandoned and doesn't feel ready to lead, kim and billy treat the new rangers like kids because they';re inexperienced and make dumb mistakes and Aisha is really pissed about it and is growing resentful.

Because it sells. Also, the other rangers don't compare to him.

If they go too much off the script I expect another reset button.

Fuck Ninjor, bring back Dulcea and Ivan Ooze

I genuinely love that when they went on a date after kim broke up with matt, kim was down to fuck and skull shot her down.

Dulcea is the AU female counterpart of Ninjor.

I'd liek to see the comics somehow try and merge continuity so that they're all around somehow. maybe dulcea works for ninjor and ivan was also around at the time?

although the legal rights to ivan ooze are probably all fucked up given how this shit typically goes.

That's how she knew he's a keeper.

he's got a punk cutie as a gf now in the new issue. clover i think is her name.

Isn't Ivan Ooze busy taking care of the X-Men?

Not for long, if canon has anything to say about it. But I'm glad Skull didn't willingly become a rebound fuck.

They're going to get Sun Vulcan powers

Attached: sv1_5503.jpg (350x246, 28K)

Next year is 25th anniversary of the movie and I guess the comic will be reaching the ninja saga by then, so it could be a nice idea to bring them back

Ivan is the final boss of the season.

I just got caught up. Is GoGo over and there will be only one ongoing now? I really just wanted more fun tales with the original cast. You could have even just added Tommy and I would have been fine. It's cool that Trini, Jason, and Zach still exist but I have a strong feeling they are just going to follow the original timeline and be written off. Same as everyone other than Tommy. Also fuck the Ninja Zord, Dinozord was so much better and looked sick in the art style. Also seems we are right back on track with the Tommy wank.

Side question did Young Bosh have piercings in the show too? I don't remember that.

Issue 40 has Kim with the Phoenix zord. Apparently it already happened. Unless I am getting my timeline wrong.

>I really just wanted more fun tales with the original cast.
I mean, it follows Jason, Trini, and Zack after the peace conference thing became a secret mission or something.

I'm okay with that. 1) It's not Tommy shilling. 2) We're making chicken salad over the chickenshit firing of the OG Red, Black, and Yellow.

>Go Go power Rangers #21
(W) Ryan Parrott, Sina Grace (A) Francesco Mortarino (CA) Amelia Vidal
The Mighty Morphin Power Rangers have survived the shocking events of Shattered Grid and reality has now been reset...but has the danger truly passed? And how much of that war can the Power Rangers even remember? The answer to this question will set one of the Rangers on a path that will reveal an explosive, previously untold story in the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers mythos that will change everything you thought you knew. The writing duo of Ryan Parrott (Mighty Morphin Power Rangers) & Sina Grace (Iceman) and artist Francesco Mortarino (Mighty Morphin Power Rangers), begins the reveal of the secret history behind the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers with the introduction of all new characters, new alliances and jaw-dropping answers to some of the biggest questions that fans have always asked.
In Shops: Jul 10, 2019

And, no, Adam didn't had piercings, and you have to remember the comics are set in the present and not the 90s for some reason

Were they fired? All I know is Billy quit because he was called a fag a lot.

But the ninja zord is a crane, we're is season 2

Well that makes me both happy and hesitant. I hope that book is just permanently stuck in the time when Tommy just joined and they go on a bunch of new adventures never told.

You might as well pull out the Kakuranger helmets and call it a fucking day

Oh you are right. I forgot. It just now hit me that the crane was an origami crane too. God child me was dumb.

Yeah, pretty much. Sure, ASJ completed the contract enough to transition the leadership role to JDF, but otherwise they didn't reach an agreement so they were replaced. He was joined by Walter and Thuy (RIP), and soon Kimberly followed (to star in Hollywood movies) then David followed (for being called a fag).

No, those are the Alien Rangers.

When will they get to the good series instead of nostalgiapandering to Gen Xers again?

Attached: 1562042222217.jpg (316x445, 39K)

In 5 years

You'll get your Dudley Do-Right ninja master and you'll accept it.

Time Cops won't be in for a long time. We still need Space to end the Zordon Era.

rightclops is bestclops

But I want some cheesecake in m ranger books

Attached: front.jpg (752x1044, 113K)

Can't wait for Boom Studios to expand on Jason's family tree and it ends up as convoluted as Cyclops.

No, he's been watching the Brady Bunch

Hyperforce is built off of wanking Time Force already.