Aaron Ehasz

For years I've heard people arguing that Legend of Korra was a weaker show than Last Airbender, and that it was because Bryke didn't bring along the head writer from Airbender: Aaron Ehasz.

Now that we've seen Aaron Ehasz's own show, The Dragon Prince, what do people think? How crucial does it seem he was to Avatar, and how well does he hold up as a showrunner himself?

Attached: avatar prince.jpg (810x450, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/cBdDbTH
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's been a while since i watched Korra, but i feel Aaron has a better control of character interaction; while Dragon Princes joke fall flat more often than not, i do still believe that the characters like each other and do believe what they say.

netflix shills begone

Dragon Prince kicked off with a scene where the supposedly good king yelled at his old friend for daring to talk to someone of royal blood like something close to an equal. And we apparently weren't meant to consider the king an arrogant bastard after that. And then the show jumped to having Viren be a child-killing monster.

Korra didn't get THAT bad until somewhere in season 2.

There's time to turn things around,
but right now I'd take Korra over Dragon Prince, warts and all.

Korra at least had some high points, TDP is just kinda dull so far, If things don't pick up with S3 I'm just dropping it.

The general argument for Ehasz being a crucial component missing from Korra was always that he was especially good at characterization. He made Zuko "deeper" and all that.

Gotta say, Dragon Prince has made me wonder if people weren't vastly overestimating what he did. The characters in Dragon Prince have been bland as fuck. Viren is the only character with something close to depth, and even then the narrative keeps shitting on the guy way past the point of plausibility. It really shouldn't be that hard to get people to want a war with a dangerous neighboring nation...

The guy kinda fell off the map after ATLA. I was honestly surprised that the best idea he'd had in the subsequent decade was a by-the-numbers dungeons and dragons style fantasy.

Both Korra and Dragon Prince suggest that Avatar's quality was the result of bringing multiple specific people lending their talents to the end product. On their own, they haven't made anything as good. Potentially, if the same crew members were brought along in the same capacity to work together on the same vision we could get something as good as Avatar.

Sometimes things are good because of highly specific circumstances, they are flukes.

So let me get this straight: the king treated Viren with apprehension, like he was someone who might be power hungry and might want to circumvent his rule. This is bad. Later, Viren was revealed to be exactly the end-justifies-the-means, power hungry guy the king treated him as, thus justifying the king. This is also bad.

Uh-huh.

Reminder that Dragon Prince has shit worldbuilding and is nothing more than another Tolkien ripoff.

For all its faults, and there are a LOT of them, I'll take Korra over TDP's shitty low-fps CG animation any fucking day of the week

Not hating on him, but I think Dragon Prince indicates that Ehasz's real talent is in editing and improving someone else's concepts.

Bryke had the basic concept of bending, the desire to set something in a world drawn from non-Western sources, and the core cast of Katara/Aang/Sokka/Zuko.

Ehasz came along and said things like "everyone can tell Zuko is going to turn good. What they won't expect is if you START him on a redemption path, then take a hard left and make him WAY more evil before setting him on the redemption path for realsies."

He was crucial!

On Dragon Prince he's working with some very generic concepts and creating characters from scratch. It's not terrible, but I kinda feel like Bryke on their own have shown themselves to be more creative than Ehasz on his own.

Taking Avatar in a sorta steampunk direction > Generic gradeschool fantasy story, only with slightly more diversity in skincolor and some gay characters.

More like a World of Warcraft ripoff: a ripoff off a ripoff. I had some fun with the show so far, but the worldbuilding really is crap.

Bryke has ideas but not coherency, Ehasz has coherency but is lacking in ideas beyond the standard.

The scene setup was that Viren intended to sacrifice his own life to save the king's. The King stopped the conversation dead in its tracks by saying, more or less, "how DARE you speak to ROYALTY like we're FRIENDS. You're a SERVANT. KNEEL."

The intent, obviously, was to make for tragedy. Viren had gone into the room with noble intent.

But we never got another glimpse at Viren-the-dude-willing-to-die-for-his-friend, and the show's never done anything to indicate that it was remotely messed up for Harrow to go on a "royal blood makes me better than everyone else" spiel.

It was something a moment where the show edged up to complexity... then walked firmly away from it.

ehhhh, I think it's only fair to keep in mind the utter nonsense that was the production of Korra.

Originally it was meant to be a short miniseries, and they came up with an idea for that. Then it was greenlit to be a longer miniseries, and they expanded shit. They handled the Equalist situation badly, but overall they did a lot of nifty things in their miniseries. Then it was greenlit to have a second season, and they fucked it up badly trying to come up with an epic conclusion to the arc. Then they were told they could get another season... no, two more.

A lot of why ATLA was so good was that everyone at the start was planning to tell the story in three seasons, and three seasons was what they ended up getting. A good amount of room to tell stories, and a decent roadmap of what you want to do, right from the start... you really can't underestimate how important that kind of shit is for coherency.

I haven’t seen his show but I always thought Yea Forums gave him too much credit. Not to say that he didn’t do good things to ATLA but they way Yea Forums talked about him was really black and white. I highly doubt he singlehandly made ATLA what is was (even if Bryke are George Lucas tier hacks) and if he was brought in to write LOK, it would automatically get way better.

Not even George Lucas is a George Lucas tier hack. THX 1138 and American Graffiti were good shit. Star Wars definitely needed the whole team in there, Lucas' vision on its own doesn't look like it would've been very good, but it's nonsense to act like he was an imbecile that got all the credit while other people did the work.

I like it. People whine about ATLA being this masterpiece, but I had issues with a lot of ATLA which was because I found it a little too childish, even as a teen at the time, whereas i get a lot less of that feeling watching this, though it has it's moments. Korra was less childish, but the writing was all over the place. The 2nd season of TDP was an improvement on the first, and im excited about seeing Xadia and Viren in the 3rd. Didn't like Soren being healed so quickly, but meh, it was for plot.

Attached: 1560671580304.jpg (744x615, 63K)

>Second season was better

I mean, the big moment in the first season was a kid falling into water, so that's not fucking hard.

"Actually, humans CAN use the elemental magic, it's just that they've always assumed they couldn't, and never bothered trying" was one hell of an asspull twist.

I feel like we were. We're supposed to see how their lives fell apart along with their friendship. That's the point of seeing the painting The King had made with Viren by his side, knowing that Viren was about to selflessly give his life for his Best Friend. Then The King, not knowing this, ruins their friendship and ultimately triggers Viren's evil personality in full force.
It's Tragic Irony, and it's pretty standard in tragedies.

It's implied they can only learn it with elf satan's magic cube

Nah, on the TDP website it talks about how elves taught human magic pre exile, i guess they just lost the knowledge over time

I'll agree that the Dragon Prince is more consistent in quality, but that's not necessarily a good thing. It's consistently meh. I never got as excited as I was watching Korra try to win the pro-bending championship with just her waterbending and the reject team, and I never went "oh shit!" like I did when Asami sided against her dad, or when Amon Terminator-walked through bloodbending. LoK had peaks and valleys, but the peaks were there. So far, Dragon Prince is long flat plains of meh.

Dear lord it's only had so much runtime. Do you want it to focus on the character development, the plot, or the world building? Because I'd say character development has been great so far and world building has been alright given the fact that you're trying to compare it to things that have had a fucking limitless amount of time to develop a huge world.

>There's crucial story elements that are in the supplemental material.

That's... bad. Really really bad. You don't leave shit like that out of the actual show.

TDP over Korra because Korra made me genuinely annoyed at the stupidity present. Only the 3rd season villain stuck with their real motivations throughout the season and left potential for the 4rth season to be good. Even then, Kuvira almost looked like she'd be right but then everyone acted OOC and started wanting a monarchy when previously, like last season previously, everyone looked at Mako and Bolin's grandmother like she was insane for worshiping the queen. So of course when Kuvira says Monarchies are bad everyone says she's wrong.

Korra was incoherent and couldn't keep themes or characterization straight for more than 1 scene at a time. TDP at least has that going for it.

Do you seriously not expect that to be introduced into the show? It's a pretty huge thing, peobably gonna be touched on

Over 7 hours running time so far. I think that's enough time to get some basics in. We've got a pretty firm grasp of the main heroes and villain, and a decent look at the world they live in.

And the world they live in is... pretty generic.

Now, you can do some awesome shit with a world that doesn't reinvent the wheel. Nothing wrong with working within the structure of a simple world.

But to make something like that stand out you need some compelling characters and/or great dialogue, both of which are absent from The Dragon Prince.

Everyone saying tdp is boring always forgets the first season of atla existed.

They didn't handle it well, but the avatar-squad opposed Kuvira because she was a military leader seizing power by force after she'd said she would hand power over after she'd gotten stability. And then she proved their suspicions right by going Full Fascist and saying she wanted to reclaim ALL land the Earth Kingdom had ever controlled, with dire consequences for any FOREIGNERS.

Which... is actually how it tends to go when someone rallies together a bunch of fighters to restore order to a country falling apart. Dunno why, it just keeps happening.

This

At least Season 1 of ATLA had some stand out moments, the first two seasons of TDP have just been boring so far.

itt: man seethes because korra is bad

Attached: 1561911180806.jpg (564x1934, 224K)

Climax of the first season of ATLA was Aang going into the Avatar state and destroying a Fire Nation armada, but with a clock ticking because they'd learned about Sozin's comet making the fire nation unstoppable.

All while introducing and fleshing out a mythology that stood out from what we'd gotten in most Western animated series before.

Dragon Prince has had about as many eps now, and we've just had the kid falling in a lake, jockboy getting crippled and then getting better before anyone even needed to change his bedpan, and oh noes the party has been captured by hostiles (who probably won't be hostile).

With a generic fantasy setting.

C'mon dude, first season of ATLA definitely had more shit going for it.

I liked Korra but the quality kinda jumped all over the place. TDP is good but like others have said, it currently feels like ATLA book 1 which was kinda boring in some points. However I will say that the animation just sucks for TDP. I don't mind CG but that choppy animation just kills it for me

All the while aang was constantly being an unbearable fucking retard wanting to surf on penguins and other obnoxious shit, which dramatically brings down any of those moments you mentioned. Trust me, rose colored glasses are real

Fair, but even Suyin in the flashback told Kuvira that she didn't want to restore the Earth Kingdom and introduce a more free society into the world. Even though that's the whole reason she founded her own land to rule over a free society away from the queen. Strange she all of a sudden thinks that's wrong and that Prince Wu should lead. Honestly Wu just fucks everything with his pathetic characterization too.

The oddest part is how Viren flip flops from both sides of the coin of power hungry evil vizier to noble well intentioned man.
like the whole bit where he was telling the loli princess how he bravely tried to save her lesbian parents while on that quest to save both kingdoms from starving was apparently completely legit according to the writers, so he is a good guy but keeps fucking up.

Yeah, having rewatched the series recently? "Aang was a complete retard in the first season, constantly not being serious enough" is horseshit nonsense.

He started out thinking he could take his time and learn what he needed to without giving up on his hopes of having some fun - strike a balance. That came to an end in episode 4, when his desire to have some fun with giant koi accidentally endangered Kyoshi Island. Then Avatar Roshi slapped him with the knowledge that Sozin's comet was on its way, so he'd need to master ALL elements in a YEAR. After that he was regularly getting anxious wondering how the fuck he was meant to do all this.

Aang wanting to "do obnoxious shit" lasted about as long as it took the frozen kid to look around and go "oh shit, the world really HAS gone to hell."

There are parts of ATLA that haven't aged well, and some moments were pretty terrible at the time. But it definitely played on a higher level than The Dragon Prince, with its non-threat threats. So far the kids in DP have dealt with falling in a lake, dealing with a "mountain of death" that turned out to be just a bunch of illusions, and the evils of Team Rocket.

The standout moments being the last two episodes. The first season was dull, but it had great characterization, world building and was really comfy which is exactly what TDP has had so far.

The dark magic sister is turning into azula, step prince became the first natural human mage in millennia, a giant horde of blood thirsty elves with light sabers is amassing on the border preparing to massacre humanity, the party made it to xadia and the antagonist is being positioned to do something fucked up when the boy king returns. The show hasnt been uneventful. The difference is atla is episodic, so major events happen all at once and that makes you forget about the 6 episodes of aang fucking around in between each major event

Even with that, when ATLA was at the run-time that TDP currently was there were MUCH higher highs in terms of actual plot and character stuff going on

I'd argue that the problem with the Fourth Season was that they never really poked at what was going on with Suyin Beifong. Suyin took all the best benders in the kingdom into her little city-state, and when Kuvira went "hey, shit's getting wild out there, should we maybe help out?" Suyin went "no, fuck 'em."

Doing something with having Kuvira go too far without ever addressing Suyin's utter apathy for what was going on outside her city's walls... that's just a weird narrative.

Viren is both the strongest and weakest part of the show. Because yeah, there are moments where he looks like he's well-intentioned and willing to die to help other people, and then he'll turn around and indulge in eating-the-scenery villainy.

It's like he's written by two different people that aren't on the same page about him.

That's the whole point. Dark magic is supposed to twist people. He's supposed to be a good well intentioned person that's been warped by decades of dark magic abuse

We're nearing 8 hours of animation for DP so far. It's had about as much time to tell shit as the first season of ATLA - a little less, but not a huge amount less. At this point in ATLA, the gang was freaking out because they were running out of time to learn all the elements. Aang had gotten two down, barely, and had taken out all of Zhou's ships. Zhou was dead, and Sokka's girlfreind had died-turned-into-the-moon. We'd also gotten cool moments like Zuko being The Blue Spirit and Bumi being a fucking troll.

In comparison, Dragon Prince has been moving at a snail's pace.

Yeah it's weird how the show simultaneously acknowledges Kuvira as necessary when Korra and Suyin couldn't or wouldn't help, but then just say she's wrong without addressing what should have happened. Korra at least has to confront how she failed so badly in S3 due to this, but Suyin is treated as completely right for doing nothing. It's stupid.

The three big ball-drops in LoK were never properly addressing the Equalists points, never addressing how Suyin grabbed all the best resources and was content to watch the rest of the Earth Kingdom burn, and... pretty much all of season two.

"I think this world is too corrupt. So I'm allying myself with the devil-god of corruptness." - Unalaq

Attached: Unalaq the fucking dumbass.png (444x250, 132K)

>Nah, on the TDP website it talks about how elves taught human magic pre exile, i guess they just lost the knowledge over time

Calling it now, they won't have a logical explanation for how all the humans AND elves forgot that humans can use non-dark magic.

That's a hell of a thing for the whole damn world to blank on. I can buy humans forgetting how it was done, but not forgetting that it was doable - people couldn't figure out how to make Roman cement and Greek fire, they didn't forget that those things existed.

S2 of LoK is the most honest season at least. It even throws out all moral quandaries by making Tonraq's angering of the spirits actually Unalaq's fault. This was the common resolution when it looked like villains have points. It turns out they never had a point at all since they caused the issue.
When the villain has a point such as with Amon or Kuvira, the writers have to ignore it and never address it but make it clear they were simply using the problem to their advantage. Ignore the fact they were solving the issue too. It goes away after their defeat anyways.

I dunno dude, I feel like they were saying that Unalaq really WAS pissed that the world had gone "corrupt" and people were fucking with nature. And then they had him decide that the way to deal with it was to destroy the whole planet. Including all of nature. Dude fucking what.

so far the Dragon Prince season 1&2 seem a lot like season 1 of Avatar
kinda bland with the promise of something more
the last few episodes of TDP really got me hyped for whats to come

I couldn't get through a single episode of Dragon Prince because the animation is just that fucking awful and distracting, but from the few minutes I could stand the writing seemed to be miles ahead of Korra so there's probably a lot of truth to OP's claim.

That said, I think it's far more than one talented person that failed to make the jump from Airbender to Korra

Attached: consdier.gif (260x173, 769K)

You would not believe the drop-off in writing quality after DP's first ep.

They walk, and walk, and walk, and walk...

someone didn't watch season one of Avatar

You only think that because you are infatuated with Viren, who’s unequivocally a bad person.

Yeah that would've been the good writing, but LoK instead had "Unalaq and Vaatu actually just wanted chaos" so we got that stupid reveal that he caused the spirits to go evil with Vaatu.
So he hates humans, but spirits are cool and should be the dominant species basically. Also they need to kill all the humans. Just because evil.

Season 1 of Avatar: flew from the south to the north pole, making detours into the fire nation, earth kingdom, an air temple, and the spirit world.

First two seasons of The Dragon Prince: a slow march to the kingdom's border. Still haven't crossed it! About to!

still give me the same feeling of just setting shit up
I think the next season shit wills start to get real

He’s been well intentioned exactly once, when it came to saving his childhood friend (which, honestly, I don’t buy. I think Viren knew there was no way the king would accept his sacrifice).

>Still haven't crossed it! About to!
Actually they crossed it in the finale of Season 2.

I mean... I'm pretty sure you're being silly there. He literally walked up to each of his kids and said "welp, I'm off to do a thing you wouldn't want me doing. Sorry for being a shitty father."

I think Occam's razor applies here. He wasn't assuming he'd survive that night. He had ruminated on Harrow's "would YOU sacrifice yourself for me?" for a bit, then decided... yeah, okay, fine, if that's what it takes.

to be clearer, what he said to his kids was a last goodbye from a dude trying to be vague enough that his kids wouldn't realize he's marching off to die.

i felt more to Dragon Prince's characters than Korra ever did. LoK was nothing but pandering for me. i never really gave a shit towards any of the characters except Tenzin and Red Lotus. Dragon Prince's first 3 episodes and the war flashback were a bit slow but the characters were surprisingly memorable. really love how Claudia, Soren, and to an extend Viren weren't portrayed as 100% evil bad guy, something than even ATLA fell into (Ozai). Rayla is a cute and General Amayah is just great. the animation was a bit distracting sure but i'll take missing framerates over pandering any day

Attached: FB_IMG_1489577637698.jpg (540x720, 24K)

What did it for me was watching the ATLA episodes with social commentaries.
When Ehasz is on one, he's really in depth about what he was going for and the decisions he made when writing (he as literally the head writer of the show, like 90% of eps iirc). Whereas bryke have an almost clueless demeanor when it comes to the plot, with they're comments almost entirely about colour correction, and shot selection/angles. They are pretty funny though, defs contributed a lot to the humor.

Ehasz is lucky in that he's had the director of uncharted to help buff out his weak points. This is the guy who's essentially replacing Bryke. Unfortunately, I think we might still be missing a crucial member of what made the Last Airbender great. Aaron's wife. She wrote many fan favourites like Zuko alone and the southern water raiders.
But, in spite of that, I feel as know Ehasz has improved without the restrictions that Nick would have placed on him. He's more able to deal with themes over lore and, in a decade where lore strangled the life out of every cartoon show, I'm honestly happy that this is the case.

the animation looks like shit

>I love you just like you were my own son, Callum. I should have kept you closer rather than try to push you away
>Life should be fair, no matter the accident of their births

>Of course Ezran's gonna be king after me, he's my actual son and you're just some kid whose mom I'm sleeping with lol

Attached: untitled.jpg (540x540, 55K)

Ezran has to be king after Harrow. The council wouldn't accept anyone else. Not even Callum. It's that whole divine right to rule.

>female protagonist

Attached: smug han.png (228x354, 67K)

you gay?

The Last Airbender was more than the sum of its parts, as all shows are. Ehasz was important to the soul of TLA, but he seems to be more about the characters and stories' foundations. Fleshing them out, making more of them, that minutiae is probably handled by other writers on Dragon Prince, just like how Bryke did things for A:TLA. From what I hear, Ehasz aside, the Dragon Prince studio is mostly amateurish.

It's a shame because Dragon Prince has sparks of brilliance, which is undermined in parts that are far too on-the-nose. Viren is probably the best example of this. In some scenes, he's a blatant baddie without nuance, a strawman bad guy. In others, he's a poetically tragic character, a great friend and a conflicted pragmatist, who exemplifies the scars of cyclical conflict that is a core theme of the story. Imagine if the latter were more consistent throughout the story. I can say the same for a few other elements too, like dark magic or Callum's development

I don't think the issue is the talent, but how much power the showrunners have on Korra and Dragon Prince after proving themselves with Avatar. The vast majority of creators need a system of checks and balances to stop them from going full retard (the George Lucas effect).

This. The jokes may fall flat but they feel like it's the kind of bad joke you'd hear two people tell to eachother.

Meanwhile everyone in Korra felt stilted and robotic in the way they interacted.

They've a good synergy, especially the main bunch. Callum and Claudia have a bond that is sad to see fall apart, Ezran has to mature in interesting ways, and you can all see how Rayla would get attached to the two princes. If we don't get Callum doing racist elf impressions in season 3 I'm gonna riot

neither is as good as ATLA, but Dragon Prince is miles better than Korra.

you guys are forgetting the other people who are working on this show
like my man Volpe

Attached: heh.jpg (458x750, 89K)

that one is resized, if you are going to share it, do the better version

Attached: carh8lcnkil21.png (800x2744, 1.6M)

so is Not!Sokka going to fuck the moon this time?
discord.gg/cBdDbTH

Attached: 62259929_2041185319521707_3102209086104928250_n.jpg (640x640, 48K)

Fuck, I can't believe I never realised the connection.

Honestly, the driving conflict in The Dragon Prince is just... lame.

It all comes down to Dark Magic, which is evil and bad because of the morality of using creatures as fuel - so bad, in fact, that it corrupts the user. But eating animals is okay.

And humans only use Dark Magic because as far as they know it's the only magic they CAN use.

But they can actually use other magics. They just... don't?

So far I'm having a hard time believing it's this whole conflict is going to have a better resolution than the Equalist mess.

well they are going to be visiting more elves soon so we'll be able to see how they behave

So, if that shit is so important, why do they belong to a pentarchy with a nation that allows their lesbian queens to adopt an heir?

did you saw the entire thing or just the first episodes? the issue is they cant use the other magic sources because they dont have a natural "link" with them like elves do and dark magic made it able for them to do stuff by taking a shortcut and using a sacrifice in order to use it.
Rayla tried to explain but couldnt to Callum because "it just comes natural for elves" to use it and Callum needed to near die to find this "link"

is she definitely adopted? she might have just gritted her teeth and fucked a courtesean for the sake of muh country

but then which one is her true mother

Pentarchy is an alliance of the human kingdoms since all humans has a common enemies over all, elves, when you have a common enemy that literally trail of tears-ed you, you can ignore alot of stuff and focus your hate on elves, also each nation is pretty much independent on its own, they are just united in their hate/war against elves

Are they gonna re-do the show in an animation style that isn't pure visual AIDS?

I really want to watch this show but it make my fucking eyes hurt

the first 4 episodes are visual cancer, they get relative better and season 2 is a overall improvement

whichever one has the most claim to the throne, i guess.

>Both Korra and Dragon Prince suggest that Avatar's quality was the result of bringing multiple specific people lending their talents to the end product.

This.

People used to allow heirs to be adopted all the time. What matters is that Harrow HAS heirs that are fucking living and the jackass court wizard wants to nab the throne. Blood rights do help, but they still have legal claim to it as well.

Yeah, I don’t but it. He knew the king better than anyone else arguably. He’d have known that he’d never agree for a human to sacrifice himself to save him like that.

I'd really say that Team Avatar was definitely one of the biggest things that made Korra a letdown compared to the original. In the original the main crew were all really well written characters that spent a lot of time building up their relationships with one another. In Korra, the main character's endgame relationship feels less developed than practically every relationship in The Last Airbender.

To be fair he did offer the throne to anyone else

Korra had the worldbulding but had shit characters
TDP has great characters but only ok world building

It's Hollywood "leftism" at its worst. Noble savages that act like entitled cunts. Industrialization is bad, period, and the peasants should just drop dead instead of cutting those beautiful trees. The masses should follow blindly the liberal elites and if they start making questions, that mean they're inbreed rednecks that vote for Drumpf. See Princess Mononoke for a contrast. Miyazaki is a tree-hugging hippie but he can admit the industrialization improved people's lives and we see both sides of the discussion.

Attached: lady eboshi.jpg (840x468, 37K)

I hate sjw shit also but this show doesn't have a lot of it
Just a gay elf and some gay queens
I think dark magic is a little bit more nuanced than people think and the writers dont know how to Express that

Legend of Korra had some strong moments and the first season, while definitely having much more weak moments than Last Airbender (and those moments being arguably a bit worse as well), still wasn't a bad first season. Amon was a good villain, the threat felt real, and many of necessary components were there. The characters felt weaker and more flat but it was still season 1.

After that first season, which was rushed to an unfortunately too-soon-ending, the show went down hill, accelerating and rapidly so. They still produced some worthwhile moments, mostly with Bolin, but overall it took a dive after season 1 and never pulled out, only pouring on the speed to crash and burn.

Lastly if you are talking about comedy, I don't remember Korra being particularly funny early on.

So far, The Dragon Prince has been the opposite. The characters were slower building, along with the world, taking its time yet moving at a reasonable pace. The comedy has been there, but not a strong point.

Who knows if Korra could have been saved by Ehasz's writing, but it certainly would have been better. After season 1, Korra's writing just went to rot.

Well if the peasants didn't want to starve to death maybe they should stop making eight kids each generations.

t. dumbass who goes "lalala" when rising sea levels drown it.

Right, but Harrow just gave it to Ezran from birth, as far as we know he never even offered it to Callum.
So he loves Callum just like his own son...right up until it comes to passing on the throne.

The show didn't wait until the end of season 1 to decline, it started around episode 5 when Bryke started fucking with the team's arching story on whims (like gutting Asami's storyline and making the female equalist just some random mook)

Yes but in the show's defense, Harrow is a dick, a hypocrite, and has gone back on his word at least twice.

Attached: King Idiot Dragon Prince.jpg (1280x2872, 426K)

Thing is, it’s Bryke and Aaron. Aaron reigns them in. Bryke are the idea guys, but it’s because of Aaron that their story was allowed to breathe the way it did. Otherwise, you get all of Bryke’s ambition (Love Triangles, Civil Rights bullshit with Amon, Anarchy bullshit with Zaheer, the Dark Avatar, Kuvira’s Millitary Regime) with none of the nuance spacing nor “realism” that Aaron brought to the table.

>Industrialization is bad
Agreed.

Attached: 73115ee1-b827-4072-b828-6873bedfca9a.jpg (274x253, 20K)

Dragon Prince might not be ATLA but it is still far superior to the piece of turd that is Legend of Korra.

If it didn't have shitty humour, and more importantly shitty humour in what is supposed to be dramatic scenes, Dragon Prince would be worthy succesor to ATLA

The only good part of Unalaq was the show lampooning him in the clipshow.