GREEN LANTERN CORPS

Warner Pictures wants Bradley Cooper and Michael B. Jordan to star in the movie in the roles of Hal Jordan and John Stewart. Their pitch is that Jordan is a veteran member of the Green Lantern Corps who assigned to train Stewart, who has just been recruited into the group. No offers have been made, but both actors have close ties with the studio, so it's a strong possibility.

Attached: Green Lantern Corps.png (823x900, 1.08M)

Cool.

No one cares. Ben 10 wins.

Why blow Stewart on Jordan when Denzel Washington would be perfect for the role

Because Denzel Washington is 64 years old.

>skipping Guy and Kyle because muh negros

>Denzel Washington is Nintendo 64 years old
FTFY

>Why blow Stewart on Jordan when Denzel Washington would be perfect for the role

Washington looks the part, but I want them to do Will Smith just so I can giggle every time they talk about willpower.

Kyle came after Jordon dude.

>the one time Keith David would have been perfect for a role
>doesn't make sense to have a young guy training a 63 year old man
FFS, just use Liam Neeson for Hal, and explain the GLC prefers mature and experienced agents instead of potentially hot-headed youngsters. Then when they finally decide to do Kyle, it will be a big break from normal protocol.

I can't tell if this is a serious reply or you don't know what box office draw is.

First of all, Nathan Fillion would make the greatest Hal of all time. Period. There is no second of all, that's it.

Ehhh, Jordan's face looks a tad too young and round faced i would prefer someone more square jawed that when you looked in his face you could tell the guy was a Marine.

>Still mad

>Not Tom Cruise as rumored
I new it was too good follow through.

Damn, I was hoping that Michael Jai White and Liam Hemsworth could play Hal and Jon.

>It's yet another Yea Forums cannot fathom the concept of aging episode

So we're getting Men in Green this time around?

>No Guy

Attached: AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH.png (720x1168, 1.26M)

It's because people know stewert from the cartoons retard.

As it should have always been.

>this is 64

Dam hope i age this well

Attached: denzel-washington-little-things.jpg (1000x563, 320K)

He might be too good for the role, honestly.

>the guy who did a role in the Hangover and the voice of Rocket Raccoon would have more box office draw than Lian Neeson
>established actor would have less box office draw than the son of a basketball player
I can't tell if YOU are being serious.

Cooper is a multiple Oscar nominee who directed and starred in one of 2018's biggest movies both critically and commercially, while Jordan headlines a successful franchise and was the breakout character of one of the most lucrative movies of the biggest Hollywood franchise at the moment.

>Michael B. Jordan
looks like he's really popular for some reason huh

I wonder if Cooper will direct if he's picked.

>this is Nintendo 64
Come on you guys you get one year in someone’s life to say that, take advantage of it

Stop, you're embarrassing yourself.

I wouldn’t be here if I could

>Pretty popular
He WAS in Space Jam dude.

As a Guyfag, sometimes I wonder if this is for the best.

He wouldn't be ginger nor an asshole.

They should go for John and Guy. But the similarities with Lethal Weapon could be to obvious.

can't argue with that

I've always wanted Nathan Fillion as Hal. But I also want Neil Patrick Harris as Barry Allen, but they're both too old for that now.

MBJ is fine as Stewart though.

Attached: gl_article.jpg (330x220, 60K)

Not now Kuro

>the son of a basketball player
You're naive and lack coherent structure of thought, you have potential of using all of your cerebrum, but you're using a 3rd of it

As painful as it sounds, I don't think we'll ever get a live action Guy or Kyle unless either GL becomes a huge franchise spawning multiple sequels or GL gets a HBO tier TV show.

Alternatively, the second movie is John and Guy teaming up buddy-cop style.

What are you talking about its forever 2013 summer here.

Kyle sucks. Sad about Guy though

What if Michael B Jordan's playing Guy? I wouldn't mind really.

Me neither, as long as he moons Batman at some point

We got a live action Guy, it sucked.

Another addition to the blackwashed gingers club.

Weren't they eyeing Idris Alba? Since he is out of Marvel, he can.

you know what giNger is an anagram for right?

>mfw one of the Guardians is just a midget with Idris Elba's head shooped in, disproportional and blue

Michael B Jordan would've been a good Luke Cage

He should have a great ass. All that Creed training.

Attached: jr34vp.png (584x632, 672K)

No, Will Smith has to be a guardian. He has a reputation as a horrible CGI monster to protect now.

But not Ganthet. That role belongs to Danny Devito

>Ben fags still this mad
Death Battle did it again
Which fanbase is more butthurt, DB fags or Ben fags?

Bradley Cooper as Hal Jordan is absolutely based casting

Ben 10.

Those actors would make horrible GH's. Hal should be Nathan Fillion and John should be Denzel Washington and they should both be vertians. To do otherwise would bring up the specter of racism. Maybe they could recruit everyone's favorite GL Guy.

But who's playing Pieface?

Ken Jeong?

One of the few actors who might make Hal's particular brand of douchebag work on the big screen.

>everyone's favorite GL
>Guy

Didn't recognize the name, but had a hunch of who that would be.
Perfect.

>There will never be a sort of Doctor Who styled Green Lantern story
>All the GL's just having their own self contained story and then dying or retiring for the next one to take over
Maybe a season a Lantern, or a trilogy of movies each. Have their own mini Justice League/Avengers moment to fight a big bad like the Black Lanterns. Admit it, it would be Kino as hell.

You know it's true user.

Attached: 1554751522099.jpg (978x1280, 306K)

That's stupid. I never want to see Jessica, or terrorist GL in any capacity on movies or TV.

I hope this is true just so Michael will stop trying to play Superman.

I think the media underestimates the amount of autism I and others like me can bring to bear if they were to ever try that.

Jessica seems cool in that cartoon she is in right now, are her comics that bad?

Superman is already a joke to me at this point. I genuinely don't care what happens to them anymore.

I hated that movie with a passion. It was all the bad parts of the Timmverse rolled into one movie.

No, that super hero girls team up thing. Harley's VA does a wacky batgirl. BumbleBee is there and shy and stuff? Super Girl is a tomboy. Jessica is in that and it's bot bad. It's kinda mindless, but not bad. That movie was ass though, but not really because of Jessica.

I would say the DB fandom. Everytime Goku gets a new transformation they will just claim it is poweful enough to beat every western comic-book character.

Hal training John is something I can get behind

That depends. If you mean by total number of asspained individuals? Dragonball by a lot. If you mean by the sheer passion of their autistic rage? Judging by what I've seen of both, I'd argue the smaller group of Ben 10 fans are more personally invested in this.

If I recall correctly, he was in the running back before Ryan Reynolds was cast so thankfully he dodged that bullet.

As long as Ryan Reynolds can come back for a bit part, I'm fine. Maybe Larfleeze?

>Dexstar will never be the main villain of their own movie
>Hope Corgi will never be canon
It hurts.

Oh boy, he'd have a great time with that.

Didn't Hope Corgi get referenced one time?
Either way, don't think anyone would want him in the comics these days.

>Hope Corgi will never be canon
If I ever end up as a writer at DC I'll try to add him in just for you, user.

I love them

Dex is strictly misguided Anti-Hero.

>We've gotten to the point where it doesn't even need a fake link or green text to be believed

I mean he already has voiced hal so he has experience

I wish we would get a Hal focused movie, but I’m not against this. There’s still potential for Emerald Twilight

He should be saved for the role of Adam Brashear in the Ultimates movie.

Attached: blue-marvel.png (412x810, 470K)

user Jordan came before

Attached: 1_QfKAXbaOZeQY7rQB9EXQkw.jpg (564x851, 180K)

>Call Irish Redheads Potato niggers
>gets mad when they become black

John's first issue was in 1972
Guy's fist issue was in 1968

Attached: Green_Lantern_Vol_2_59.jpg (420x625, 47K)

Guy will be in the 2nd movie,trust me senpai

Why are Hal, Kye, and Baz the only Lanterns that wear mask?

Specifically Hal.

Nathan Fillion voices him sometimes though, right?

Was't Marky Marky suppose to be him?
That ugly.

Looks like Guy discarded his for some reason

>Hnnnnng beware my power!

>Weren't they eyeing Idris Alba?

No.

He is frequently fancast and said he'd be open to do it, but he was never on Warner's radar.

Yeah that's honestly half the proof that's he's the perfect Hal.

Him and David Boreanaz

Attached: green-lantern-david-boreanaz-1137637-1280x0.jpg (1280x720, 189K)

I don't see it.

I'm sure they're petrified by the very thought of it.

>Denzel Washington is Nintendo 64 years old
reddit tier humor

Attached: 1559299391171.png (600x842, 142K)

kyle was goat when he was the only lantern around. but he just doesn't gel with the rest of the corps

Attached: 1554332300052.png (588x504, 341K)

Boreanaz? He's just a good a pick as Cooper or Fillion. He's got the face, and he's got the macho-former-military-man attitude, and he plays cocky well. Watch Bones man.

Kyle should stay Ion or White Lantern but it is fun seeing him with the Corps again for a bit.

Am I the only one who does NOT want to see a live action gl film? Why wouldn't they mess it up like Justice League or the previous gl film?
I think gl is hard to translate into film, and it'd cost a lot of cgi. Reynolds said gl eould require a visionary and I agree. I think a straight adaptation of First Flight film to live action would be good, but would be too expensive.
Then again, Aquaman was decent, and the execs were somehow okay with the budget, so if the same people were involved...

>I think the media underestimates the amount of autism I and others like me can bring to bear if they were to ever try that.
Oh yeah, "we're Legion, expect us!"

>No offers have been made, but both actors have close ties with the studio, so it's a strong possibility.
They have yet to get a Flash movie off the ground, until they do, I refuse to believe in anything other than a Gothamverse.

Attached: Wow.jpg (220x180, 8K)

Hey, remember how they destroyed any chance at Captain Marvel succeeding. You know the studios are quaking in their boots.

The face just doesn't remind me at all of Hal, and I've watched a bit of Bones. Maybe a bit too tall.

I'm starting to think getting women to script adaptations is not a good idea to begin with. It gets fanficky a lot of times.

More fan casting pretending to be news

I think the mask would make all the difference

>We want to re-create Spider-verse's dynamics.
I kinda dig it, desu

"Spiderverse" didn't invent buddy movies, bro.

Attached: Lethal Weapon.jpg (338x500, 46K)

Lethal weapon isn't a ''Vet trains a rookie'' movie.

This would be cool.

I hope they start moving forward with this movie soon.

John is more relevant you fucking poltard

Atrocious casting for both

>Not getting Idris Elba as John Stewart
Since his Heimdall character is dead then he’s free to do a DC movie unless he has a non-compete with Marvel/DC.

Attached: A003B765-CF46-471C-9D94-E831E39B217F.jpg (939x1252, 245K)

>Also not getting Alan Tudyk to channel his natural ginger bastardness into Guy Gardner.
DC needs to step their game up.

Attached: 704D8F2B-0E5E-4316-B83C-F087A71982EB.jpg (220x312, 18K)

They could've settled for Chiwetel Ejiofor. It's not like people remember he was in Doctor Strange.

Attached: chiwetelejiofer.jpg (1080x1440, 364K)

Too old, sadly. He'd been perfect like 10 years ago.

>not getting Marky Mark

I mean, Green Lantern: First Flight did that...

I could actually see this, but they'd have to give him the Moe haircut. That's not negotiable, like with the Osborns.

He played that sorry excuse for Baron Mordo, right?

I actually want John David Washington to play John Stewart if they're trying to find a younger actor.

Yea Forums can't cast for shit, goddamn.

I thought we were casting in terms of established black actors people know.