So, if the Nova mcu rumors are true then are they going to keep the Nova uniforms from Gotg?

So, if the Nova mcu rumors are true then are they going to keep the Nova uniforms from Gotg?

Attached: main-qimg-81f33c2e8522625336f291a35388b6ce.jpg (602x799, 160K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MwSpEQ1p-WI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

will ferrell and the entire cast of anchorman should be in the mcu

Will Ferrel as Mr. Immortal.
Steve Carrel as Doorman.
David Koechner as Flatman.
Christina Applegate as Dinah Soar
Rebel Wilson as Big Bertha
Together they are... The Great Lakes Avengers

Cue the music.
youtube.com/watch?v=MwSpEQ1p-WI

Attached: reaction02.png (319x222, 82K)

Who plays Grasshopper?
I feel like we need at least 2, maybe 3 to do the runnign gag of Grasshopper dying

Luke Wilson, then Owen Wilson then Ben Stiller.

Hopefully not. I thought they looked absolutely ugly.

God, I hope they give the novas a redesign if their movie gets made.

Attached: 1546796920820.jpg (560x843, 60K)

They look too clunky and low quality. The straps on the helmet looks genuinely ugly. I hope they improve on it. Costume is probably on of Marvel's glaring weakness apart from shoddy CGI. Aquaman had great costumes in comparison.

>Biggest movie franchise currently prevalent in the market
>Every costume is just a full body clothing with some pads
I don't how why Shazam or Aquaman had better costumes when they're supposed to be the one struggling. Phase 4 better step it up.

Hey, it worked for Star Wars back in the day.

How do you guys feel about Raf Grassetti's redesign?

Attached: Nova_Raf_Art.jpg (1080x1350, 336K)

So here's what I think (don't destroy me, just spitballing): The movie can be set in the MCU "present" (meaning, 2023), placing Rich right in the middle of a universal catastrophe already unfolding, it's confusing because we don't know what the fuck is happening but it looks awesome, while he's struggling to blast all these huge and ugly insectoid aliens flying to his face and onto the planet he's trying to save, you can't even tell the context but you hear an obnoxious computerized noise coming from his helmet telling him there's several targets coming from his left, THEN...

FLASHBACK, to mere months after the events of GOTG (2014), in which the Xandarian Corps are rebuilding after what went down with Ronan's attack, and the Nova Prime (still Glenn Close) decides that they must revamp their forces in order to withstand attacks from rogue Kree fanatics to space tyrants. That's when they come up with the idea of harnessing the nearly limitless power of the Power Stone along with new suits that their entire Corps would be using.

Meanwhile, as they're working on the rebuilding projects, Rhomann Dey is recruiting subjects from all over the place, including allied alien forces, in order to improve upon their Corps, using helmets that are keyed to the emotions of the wearer, allowing them to channel the primitive AI within by locking their thoughts onto it. He then remembers that Earth was the registered planet of origin of Star-Lord, and he decides that hey, maybe they'll have more spunky heroes like him, let's take a look... So they do a portal jump right above Earth, landing near a basketball court, in which a young man who's shown as a complete loser is having a very unfair game against two bullies who are playing for the content of his wallet. He inevitably loses, but Rhomann decides to give him a try anyway and throws him the helmet, he puts it on and voilá, he turns into a Corpsman. (con't)

Attached: richard-rider_nova2.jpg (960x1200, 115K)

Boy, these seem disappointing

I think it'd be better if he got his power post End Game so that they don't try to come up with excuses for where he was during the time Thanos was wreaking havoc. Then again, if Rhoman didn't find him in the 5 years after Thanos destroyed Xandar, it's likely because he died.
God, I wish Marcus and McFeely could have had their way and introduced Rich in IW.

END OF FLASHBACK, we get back to Rich already in full Nova Prime suit (now that we know there's an actual difference between what he's wearing and what foot Nova Corps wear), and we see him zipping through a planet engulfed in flames and thunderstorm, trying to save some green, vaguely less insectoid aliens who make clicking noises that Worldmind is unable to parse decipher quick enough for Rich to pick up as he tries to herd them into a nearby vessel, making sure the onslaught of space vermin doesn't touch down...

ANOTHER FLASHBACK, this time we see Rich among the trainees at Xandar, unable to understand (parallels) the other aliens as he's adjusting to his universal translator, but still trying to bond with some other Corpsmen who look as much as a loser as he does. He asks Rhomann to explain him how long until he's done with training so he can go back to Earth, after which he says it won't take much longer, providing he learns how to control the prototype suit's gravimetric tech. He concedes, but keeps flunking every time, can't control the motions, crashes loudly and makes very expensive holes in the Nova Prime's HQ.

Then BACK TO THE PRESENT and we see Rich in full control of the gravimetric suit, zipping back and forth after finally getting all the green aliens in the ship, as we finally hear Nova Prime more clearly, telling him that the planet is lost and he should focus on saving the aliens. He ignores the advice and flies right up to the maelstrom of space vermin going down towards him, a very cool sequence of him becoming a blue blur as the speed increases drastically...

And another FLASHBACK, which has him and his Nova Corpsmen, now with Denarian rank as he's still barely a Millennial, having been unable to progress further as he keeps failing the basic suit controls due to his human physiology (the high speeds make him pass out, unlike his Kree and Shi'Ar friends who can withstand the pressure with no problem) ... (cont'd)

Attached: guttural_shriek_of_abject_terror.png (407x403, 297K)

>I think it'd be better if he got his power post End Game so that they don't try to come up with excuses for where he was during the time Thanos was wreaking havoc.
Maybe yes, but I'm gonna try to make a case to explain why he wasn't around.

... He's obviously bummed by this, but nonetheless trying to stay cheer because today is a good day, it's the graduation of the new Centurions, the top brass of the Xandarian Corps, who also get to wear the prototype suits that unlock the full power of the Power Stone as their advanced technology allows. But as soon as they tap into it, the full power of the Stone inadvertently makes a ping into Thanos' Sanctuary ship, who already had begun tracking the Stones, and he decides to make his first stop there in Xandar. During the full parade display of the new Nova Centurions is unfolding, Sanctuary warps above orbit and Thanos launches his attack, as Nova Prime orders all active Xandarians to begin defense protocols. At this point, the surprise attack is already devastating the city, with the Chitauri going all the way in and creating confusion, in which Richard is suddenly lost among the crowd, unable to suit up properly for action.

BACK TO THE PRESENT, Richard does a maneuver against Worldmind's advice that surrounds the maelstrom of insectoid aliens, then asks it to calculate the length of a full gravimetric portal, which may cause severe damage to the ground below when performed within the atmosphere, but Rich assures Worldmind that doing it above water might palliate the effects... And for that, he must herd the legion to the turquoise ocean of the planet... A very risky move, but he surrounds the maelstrom in a purple-blue lace of energy, and activates the gravimetric portal, reappearing right next to the red sun of the system where that planet resides. He's completely exhausted, suit battered and helmet half broken, but he won...

FLASHBACK to Xandar, and it's the opposite scenario... (cont't)

Attached: shot1119.png (714x536, 571K)

... Thanos is using, no, completely wasting his entire Chitauri army against Xandar, overwhelming their forces which surely seem to resist mightily against his attack, specially the Centurions, but end up surrounded by the space whales who make a quick meal out of them. It's complete carnage, Thanos spares no resources to sacrifice all the Chitauri in this task (and it explains why he didn't use them again, he had simply killed every single one of them in the attack), then he goes down to Xandar, finally walking among the ruins, as the surviving Corpsmen scramble to aid others, while the smouldering wreckage falls upon them or keeps them busy. Thanos simply walks to the HQ, kills the guards, until he reaches the Nova Prime, who's trying to protect the Stone from him. He reaches out to kill her, but realizes she's a hologram as he tries to squeeze her neck. No matter, he breaks the Power Stone containment and takes it for himself, the very first one in his Gauntlet. He proceedes to use it to punch away the building, destroying what's left of it, then the few Centurions who managed to stay alive, as Rich watches and tries to keep the actual Nova Prime from harm. Thanos then teleports to Sanctuary. Rich is then left standing atop the ruins, witnessing the horror of the fallen Xandar.

BACK TO THE PRESENT again, he's flying above orbit of the planet he just saved and watching the small fleet of refugees slowly going down, their unintelligible language resolving into myriads of "thank you" words, making him feel bittersweet. Until then we don't see what Rich sees in his helmet as Worldmind speaks to him, telling him he must rest, but now we finally get a look of who's the face in the visor and it's Nova Prime (Glenn Close), now in AI form...

Which triggers the last FLASHBACK, in which an injured Nova Prime takes Rich to the vault where the Power Stone was, and unlocks the prototype helmet that would house the entire power combined of the Xandarian Corps...

Attached: file.png (862x824, 1.23M)

It's fine but if I take this at face value, MCU costumes and costumes like these have too many lines that distract and I'm sure they're going to be similar with the Captain Marvel material in quality and texture. Also, MCU concept art never turn out good. Remember the great Skrull concept art they've shown in SDCC and compare that to the ugly low quality in the Captain Marvel movie.

I guess I am not enough of a homosexual to care about a character named Dick Rider. I apologize if The Lord Jesus secretly intended for me to become a Sodomite. Geez!

... Nova Prime tells him that he can't use the suit without an AI, because the amount of power and his inexperience might lead to a sure death. He agrees reluctantly, knowing that there's no one else who has at least a bit of training capable of wearing the suit, and when he does, the full power of the suit threatens to overwhelm him, until Worldmind takes over and eases him up, allowing him to do clumsy but effective maneuvers. He flies up to chase Sanctuary, going from planet to planet and arriving always days later (since Thanos has the Space Stone by then), and when he finally reaches Earth, years since he was last there, there's a sudden darkness that engulfs him and he's dusted, but we only see it from his perspective so we see how he suddenly reappears, five years later, after everything is solved. Fashionably late!

HOWEVER, as Worldmind indicates to Rich that there was a sudden contraction in the fabric of spacetime due to the Snap, it gives him a loud 8x8 warning that he should warp immediately to the other corner of the galaxy, which he does reluctantly (since Earth is only a few clicks away), and when he does a gravimetric warp, he reappears right in front of a huge gash in space-time, sorta shaped like the portal hexagons they use to jump, through which myriads of insectoid aliens are suddenly leaking into the universe, circling towards a nearby planet orbiting a red sun... Back to the beginning of the movie, with a gobsmacked Rich staring at hell in space.

THE END.

Attached: shot1281.png (1280x536, 916K)

Reminder that we don't have Nova corps doing cool shit because James Gunn hates Nova

not good

it needs to look more like a power armor than some weak padding.

We all know that it will be Sam as Nova.

Now that Xandar is destroyed, his dead father's super special secret Nova Corps helmet that was packed up in the attic activates emergency protocols.
Sam, who is now a teenager after the five year time jump, is digging around in the attic and finds it, puts it on, and is made Kid Nova or whatever

Oh, and Sam will be black-- both costume and skin color.

Brown Latino erasure? In your dreams.

Just get Adam McKay to direct Nova's movie. He seems like he genuinely loves the character, and Marvel Studios was prepared to have him direct GotG 3.

His outfit isn't supposed to be power armor. It's meant to be form fitting and have basic features, not the source of his power

no you're right, he will be made full hispanic.
Or something stupid like half hispanic, half pajeet.
At any rate, he wont be white or straight

>no you're right, he will be made full hispanic.
That's good.
>Or something stupid like half hispanic, half pajeet.
That's stupid.
>At any rate, he wont be white or straight
He definitely isn't white in the comics, so that's fine. As for him not being straight, go invent some more "outraging" scenarios.

You sound like you have purple hair

>He definitely isn't white in the comics
He's a fucking half-breed. Or is "Alexander" a traditionally hispanic name?
Fuck off, Pedro.

>half-breed
He's not a dog.
>Or is "Alexander" a traditionally hispanic name?
... Yes, yes it is, Alexander is used as often as Alejandro here.
Why, because I don't find the idea of a gay character outrageous? Seethe some more.

Sam's dad is white, dude.

Attached: Jesse Alexander.jpg (584x887, 698K)

And her mother isn't. Your point?

His, rather. Whatever, time to sleep... anti-Sam crybabies aren't worth engaging further.

>... Yes, yes it is, Alexander is used as often as Alejandro here.
You're either full of shit or from Argentina...which means you're delusional. Alexander is not a fucking hispanic name by any stretch of the imagination.

Hispanics are just as often pale skinned, blonde and blue eyed as not. What are you, some kind of racist?

I knew a guy at work, blond hair, blue eyes, the most aryan motherfucker I've met in my life. His name was Jose Barrera. He was cuban.

which means his ancestors were colonizers, not slaves.
Almost as if Spain is a European country or something...

I actually really like sam and i'm not trying to sound racist. Its just one of the anons said he wanted sam to be full hispanic when his father is white. Just get a White/Hispanic actor is all i'm saying.

Attached: 4839219-nova_1_preview_3.jpg (687x1044, 743K)

Man, when GotG came out seeing previews for these costumes got me kind of hype but now they just look weak

Nice

Hispanic and white are not exclusively separate things. Every single Spaniard from Spain is a white hispanic person, not to mention all the Uruguayans in the world.

I'm going to assume the powered Novas will have a different uniform.

You're an idiot, Nova isn't Iron Man

Is that you, Brainiac?

Attached: 6405C17E-4071-411B-95BE-B8131CAAAB20.jpg (800x1000, 150K)

in hindsight, those helmets kind look like shit

lol

Attached: europe core periphery.jpg (576x620, 102K)

Okay, I’m just gonna say it. Unless you’re going off of the most recent GLA run where her depowered form was plus sized you should have bertha be a model actress and her powered state be hulk style CGI or at the very least a CGI enhanced suit like the LoEG Hyde practical effects.

I say that as a fan of Rebel Wilson, I say that as a fan of getting more plus sized actresses in the mainstream. I say that as fatty. I say that as one who lusts after fatties. I say that as someone who does not lust after Rebel Wilson.

>So, if the Nova mcu rumors are true then are they going to keep the Nova uniforms from Gotg?

I wish, but keeping the same costume for a movie twice in a row is generally bad for merchandising. So yeah, they're gonna have different uniforms in either minor or major capacities.

Why would you want that costume back?

>Spaniard
>white
Nah

So Uruguayans are just as delusional and wishful as Argentinians? Funny

Because I think it looks cool and in my opinion comes off as something a bunch of donut munching space cops would wear.

>Spaniard
>white
>nah

user, white people come from Europe, Spain is in Europe. Border hopping, wet-back, beaners don't come from there, they come from countries like Mexico, Panama, and Guatemala.

>Border hopping, wet-back, beaners don't come from there, they come from countries like Mexico, Panama, and Guatemala.
"What is miscegenation?" "Wait you mean to tell me Latinos come in all colors? No! They're all brown!"

Novas aren't supposed to be donut munching space cops

Kinda dumb

I hope not.

Attached: Raf Grassetti's Nova.jpg (960x1200, 131K)

>nobody replied to my long ass pitch
Meanies, all of you.

Attached: nova_and_cosmo2.png (676x476, 648K)

Pretty sure they will.

Nope, Nova should be as skin tight as possible. He doesn't need power armor since he has Nove force.

Dumb

Attached: 029F0A2A-2B0B-4188-AAA3-A9B57813E90E.gif (372x600, 1.85M)

Nah, MCU is full of Richfags (Marcus, Mcfeely, Perlman, and Mckay) which possibly includes Feige since he read Annihilation. Even Gunn who isn't into the character and who has already said he has nothing against the character(not even because of Mcgloin going full tard on him) only knows Rich since he never bothered with anything post-Thanos Imperative when it comes to Cosmic.

Besides we will see Ricardo Rider before we see Sam. Loeb gave his support to and sided with Ike when the RDJ in Civil War fiasco happened that caused Marvel Studio to splot from Entertainment. Feige even fucking laughed when asked about the Inhumans' show failire and then being in the MCU so that tells you everything.

>Nah, MCU is full of Richfags (Marcus, Mcfeely, Perlman, and Mckay)
And Bill Rosemann, who pretty much would be the first to push for it.

He might as well be white in the comics, he looks white and you only see his mom and sister having light brown skin even though sometimes they get colored with light skin and come off white looking too (see the lateat Champions). His Latino status was also an obvious afterthought because they never bothered to define his heritage.

Hell he was just Latino for the longest fucking time until Nova vol. 7 when Ramon Perez decided to make him of Mexican descent. It was just shitty half assed brownie points.

At least with Jaime Reyes they made it part of him showed how it affected his life and what it meant for him to be Mexican and without making it stereotypical.

If someone likes Sam because of his character then I can understand but because he's Latino then I know they're full of shit.

No seas pendejo

Pendejo serás tú, mariquito.
There's plenty of white Latinos, it doesn't matter. The guy who plays Poe Dameron is literally white yet he's still Latino, we don't have that relationship with race Americans so vehemently have. There might be racism but we don't consider anyone here less of a Latino for looking different.

Didn't Marcus (or was it Mcfeely) say that one of the ideas they threw around for Endgame was Rich ending up in the Sanctum Sanctorum ala Silver Surfer and that he was going to be the sole surviving Nova? Not to mention Rich was in Perlman's original script amd she also openly cited him as being one of her favs.

We lost America's ass so now we must gain Galaxy Glutes.

No gracias no me gustan los putos como tú.

Yeah, the original script for IW opened with Rich having the Hulk's role in that movie.
Wish we could have had it, especially since Banner's plot went nowhere.

>Oh look at me! i can speak deported!

>we don't have that relationship with race Americans so vehemetly have
Bullshit, I live in Mexico City and in the North and people are focused on social classes and race.

Oscar Isaac would only be considered white in an American census but because of his features and he tans dark kind of betray that. Now someone like Gael Garcia Bernal, Diego Luna, or Guillermo Del Toro would be considered white. If I have to put Sam in a category he would be with the latter he is portrayed as having blue eyes and light skin in the comics. I guess at the most he would be a light skin mestizo who got a lot of recessive genes. They tried to undo that in Nova vol. 7 by guving him brown skin and black eyes but in Champions he's back to light skin and blue eyes. Also in the latest GotG cartoon he's depicted as having auburn hair and green eyes and lost more like Rich than the actual Sam. Marvel doesn't really care aboit him as a character.

But still you missed my point, Sam being Latino was an afterthought because Loeb didn't even care enough to give him a heritage and he was just Latino. I think Duggan kind of hinted at it and the writer that followed him made it so Sam didn't know Spanish, but only Ramon Perez and Loveness really bothered with it.

It's not something that really mattered to the character anyway, he could not be Latino and it really doesn't affect him. Hell, Champion readers on twitter that knew nothing about him thought he was just white. IMO Sam is an Americanized Mexican-American (he doesn't know Spanish) and it would be interesting to explore that and how he doesn't mesh with someone like Nu Falcon or Red Locust (especially since they're Californian) or even Aracely who is from Mexico. But you know they would rather give him the King Kyle Rayner treatment.

>Bullshit, I live in Mexico City and in the North and people are focused on social classes and race.
Mexicans are malinches as fuck though, so I'm not surprised.

Spaniards are European but they are so mixed with African bullshit they are most certainly not white anymore if they ever were

I meant to say that I lived in Mexico City and I still hate that they won't put cheese on my quesadilla unless I specifically ask them to.

Tbf, DC is turning a 180 with Birds of Prey and WW. DC has a problem keeping a consistent tone with the DCEU, especially since they decided to ditch the continuity.

>won't put cheese on my quesadilla
Whats the fucking point of no cheese!?

Ayayay, qué pesadilla!

Pretty sure the user he replied to was trying to justify Sam name of Alexander by explaining that Alexander a name that is as used as Alejandro in Latino countries, which while true is irrelevant to Sam's character being Latino. Because it's not his first name or middle name, it's his last name and Alexander is not a common Latino last name. Also he gets it from Jesse Alexander who is not Latino (and possibly not human if you go with those alien hybrid classifications that Sam has been getting) so it's irrelevant.

I know, they put other stuff
You have to go back.

Malvado...

Nova uniforms will get the same treatment as every other costume: needlessly reworked just so they could trademark it as their own unique thing