How's Your Webcomic? #575

What were you afraid of before you started on your comic? Have your fears changed?
Alt Q: How do you think your comic would have been received 10 years ago? 10 years from now?

Don't just post an image, let us know what your comic's called, and link us to it!

>/hyw/ CONTACT SHEET - add your webcomic site, contact information, etc
docs.google.com/document/d/1uwfOSHXfrgvcf--PkPz9jXL6p5RqIsrYvXYwgQpgT3k/edit#

> DRAWING PRACTICE and TUTORIALS
Ctrlpaint.com
drawabox.com/
line-of-action.com/
quickposes.com/en

> STOCK IMAGES and REFERENCE
People: senshistock.deviantart.com/gallery/
Scenery: shutterstock.com/
Character Design: pinterest.com/characterdesigh/

> FONTS
Blambot: blambot.com/
Create your own: calligraphr.com

> WEBSITE
Easy to use tumblr webcomic theme: tumblr.com/theme/39018
Dos and Don'ts for starting a site: pastebin.com/kNR2W5mV
Promoting your comic: miss-melee.tumblr.com/post/143483233951/

> ART and WRITING RESOURCES
makingcomics.com/
mediafire.com/folder/9pf1nwwa92lbp/Comics_for_making_Comics
cienciasecognicao.org/rotas/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Robert-McKee-Story.pdf
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_1.pdf
.../invisible_ink_part_2.pdf
.../invisible_ink_part_3.pdf
pastebin.com/BSVaT7uQ
/a5UmYWhT
/eTqaESTc
/pVkAE4uX

> PODCASTS and VIDEOS
chrisoatley.com/category/podcasts/
John Cleese on Creativity: youtube.com/watch?v=Pb5oIIPO62g
Terrible Writing Advice: youtube.com/channel/UC3ogrx6d9oohf6D42G44j1A

>Brush Packs
CSP: mega.nz/#F!5xlV2IzJ!bg8BZB-oYaVrmD31S3fJHw

Previous thread:

Attached: hywk3.jpg (1200x1165, 1.63M)

Other urls found in this thread:

tapas.io/series/Tad-Danger-Substitute-Ranger
webtoons.com/en/challenge/vector-raster/list?title_no=312225
tapas.io/episode/1426039
tapas.io/series/Eudaimonia1
radgirlamia.smackjeeves.com/comics/2649180/rad-girl-amia-cover/
tapas.io/series/Oni-x-Fox
thethiefoftales.com/comic/1
nuco-comic.com/comic/1
comicadia.com/presents/comic/the-bekkoning/the-bekkoning-page-four/
webtoons.com/en/challenge/noughts-and-crosses/list?title_no=195592
tapas.io/episode/1452326
tapas.io/series/Squires-for-Hire
imgur.com/a/JOEIhy6
youtube.com/results?search_query=storyboarding comics
youtube.com/watch?v=n0BrCv2Kz2Q&feature=youtu.be&t=139
youtube.com/watch?v=WVXqbteiflY
webtoons.com/en/challenge/badoom/inana-the-midwaifu/viewer?title_no=302822&episode_no=6
tapas.io/episode/1450035
tapas.io/episode/1426049
tapas.io/series/Ibrahim-Coyle
webtoons.com/en/challenge/ibrahim-coyle/list?title_no=270091
webtoons.com/en/challenge/omnifighters/introduction/viewer?title_no=189548&episode_no=1
boards.fireden.net/co/thread/108094140/#108133652
galaxyheavyblow.web.fc2.com/
tapas.io/episode/1448829
astoryoffire.smackjeeves.com/comics/2814896/14/
dropbox.com/s/8ocvo7gnm4a68zu/TRANSIENTS_ISSUE_3.pdf?dl=0
tapas.io/series/monvana
instagram.com/monvana.comic/
comicadia.com/presents/comic/the-bekkoning/the-bekkoning-page-five/
leethomson.myzen.co.uk/Mad_Men/Mad_Men_1x01_-_Smoke_Gets_in_Your_Eyes.pdf
dailyscript.com/scripts/pulp_fiction.html
dailyscript.com/scripts/citizenkane.html
tapas.io/episode/1435927
tapas.io/series/Dr-B-Goodlove
endgamewastaken.the-comic.org
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Let it die

Attached: 3DF30498-35D8-48FF-9E5F-B3BC5B3E4EB3.jpg (2448x3264, 1.22M)

Some additional inked page, finishing up the chapter. Testing color method using color pencil. Still have some additional correction in red.

Attached: ROCOCO_02_38_40_WIP.jpg (848x3610, 810K)

Little doodle in preparation for July 4th!

Coming along great, Roadrunner! Perspective shots looking nice! I hope you don't mind me pointing it out, but you have a grammar error in the first speech bubble. Instead of "where did you found that cat", it should be, "where did you find that cat" and in the third panel, there is a misspelling on finially, it should be "finally" Anyways, keep it up!

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-07-01 at 6.19.10 PM.png (480x561, 189K)

You bounce around a lot between coloring and doing just greyscale, are you still trying to figure things out and experimenting?

>What were you afraid of before you started on your comic? Have your fears changed?
Being either cringey or not being able to improve my artistic ability (or lack thereof).
Now I don't particularly care. I'm just having fun. Coming home and drawing every night is just enjoyable and relaxing. It gives me something to work for. My art, while still really flawed, is at least better than when i started. As for the cringe factor, my ideas seem to be pretty well received so that fear has diminished as well.
>Alt Q: How do you think your comic would have been received 10 years ago? 10 years from now?
I dont really have an audience now, since im just starting, so hard to say. I think the idea is pretty timeless. I dont mind not having readers until i hit my stride.
Hell 10 years from now I hope its considered a little piece of internet gold some web spelunker digs up and it goes viral long after i have moved on/ died in a helicopter crash.

Just dropped a 7 page update last night. Posted it in dead thread, so ill shill it again.
tapas.io/series/Tad-Danger-Substitute-Ranger

Attached: Tad Danger Page 17.png (664x940, 461K)

Thanks for catching that! I'll make sure to fix it!

Not too much this chapter. There are more of that in the first chapter, but the main thing I wanted to do is to be able to put it out on a regular paces at highest possibly quality I can achieve. I guess you can say I am still experimenting, but sometimes its just some life change I had to deal with, and I decided to post the page before it drags out for too long.

Attached: rococo_chapter1_2_snapshot.jpg (1920x2137, 738K)

>What were you afraid of before you started on your comic?
spiders
>Have your fears changed?
Yep. it's amazing what living in a basement full of gigantic house-centipedes will do. Spiders don't even register anymore.

She's so little and patriotic! I just want to huggle her.

Here's today's Vector & Raster strip

Attached: Vector-and-Raster-4.png (1636x1201, 420K)

Reposting the newest Tom N Artie update

tapas.io/episode/1426039

>What were you afraid of before you started on your comic? Have your fears changed?

What the reaction would be. Same fears everyone has when they first start up their comic. Right now it's changed into 'should I advertise it there?'. A friend told me I should get more aggressive with my advertising but I don't like feeling as if I'm being annoying. That's a feeling I gotta try and break.

Attached: TNA 2 Letters Page 009-01.png (1032x1568, 1.16M)

wasn't expecting this comic to take place in the Sea of Holes

Aw! :)

Love that last panel, haha

I only saw Yellow Submarine 15 years ago so it didn't even occur to me.

Thanks!

Reposting this on this thread.

Attached: kaweventjune.jpg (3139x5121, 2.57M)

Oh, so it kind of goes back to one of your previous posts about setting a deadline for yourself.
I don't think it's a bad thing, I just got curious. I used to read more comics where a sudden change in color use was either some secret code or used for emphasis on tonal shift, so I was kind of low-key wondering if it was similar.

I only recognize like half of the art styles on there. Are the others discord-only people who never go in the threads?

is reading Prequel more autism than it's worth?
i was into Homestuck back in the day (read: like four years ago and briefly when it finally finished), but what concerns me more is whether or not it's actually Elder Scrolls-y or if the universe choice was just an excuse to draw furries.

I got a couple of roughs done, and its my first time doing a fight scene.
Trying to throw Justisaurus around has proven really difficult. The shoulder tail from the T-Rex is a fucking nightmare.
I want this brick to be tossed around like a rag doll, but I am not sure how.

Attached: Tad Danger page 19.png (664x940, 334K)

Attached: Tad danger page 20.png (664x940, 350K)

Prequel is really good. I got into it while it was still updating multiple times a day on a forum, instead of multiple times a year on a website
I can't speak to the elderscrollsality since I never played those, I just... like it. and when it makes the occasional game joke, I enjoy it and understand it.
Also the khajit and lizard people (orgonian or whatever?) are pretty rare. It never gets anything like the cringey kind of furries you see here and there.

realistically, robots shouldn't ragdoll very easily, they're really heavy and have solid strong joints to keep them upright. On sentai shows, they don't want to break the costume, so they mostly stagger and stumble around.
I feel like in panel 4, it falls down to the ground way too easily, especially when something apparently crotch-height hits it. In fact, how did the tail hit it in that spot? it would have to have started falling FIRST before the tail could reach.
and when it lands, it shouldn't bring its knees to its chest, it should have legs dangling on the ground like a collapsed dancer

You're having a lot of fun with this, that much I can tell at least.

It wasnt meant to be crotch height, thats a perspective problem. I tried to make Drak look like he is far away and the tail is super long.
Drak is about the same height as the Justisaurus, but looking at it now, he does look super tiny rather than far away. Its like he is getting wailed on by a midget. So i will work on that.
As for the fall pose, i can easily tweak that. Good call.
This is the part i was most excited for. These next several pages are going to be a ball.

Why is drawing so hard

ah, well you want to set the perspective of the scene with guide lines and stuff if that's the case, also other panels seem really consistent about Drak being small, like when he leaps on top.

Thanks man. I cant unsee how puny he looks. I was trying to get creative with perspective, but it something i really struggle with.
Ill tweak it a bit and see if i can make my boi a little more threatening and consistent.

Quick tip that I just remembered: when paneling, you don't have to consider your story notes as unchangeable sacred scriptures that must be followed at all costs. Anything can be slightly changed at any time to make life easier.

Okay so i did two quick fixes.
On this one i just used the transform tool, and made Drak bigger and closer, then just repaired the lines.
I also fixed the legs on the last panel in both versions.

Attached: Tad Danger page 19 Fix.png (664x940, 360K)

And on this one I shrunk Drak even smaller, angled him a bit. Made Justisaurus bigger and angled him a bit.
Then added a bit of background with a vanishing point and shrinking buildings.
The idea is that his tail is a bit elastic and he can kind of lash it like a bullwhip.

Attached: Tad Danger page 19 fix 2.png (664x940, 363K)

and on this one i again just used the transform tool to make him bigger and did repairs.

Attached: Tad danger page 20.png (664x940, 392K)

Just found out about a popular manhwa that is doing the kinda same story with the same protagonist archetype, with similar setting, similar themes, similar style and similar action than my pet project
And I wanna kill myself now.

Attached: 1367078809369.jpg (298x292, 40K)

I'm thinking of making a comic about thots, what are you thoughts?

huh

someone else is doing my dream project and has been doing so since 2017
I guess it's my fault for taking too long.

You want my thoughts about thots?
I like thoughtful thots. If your thots arent thoughtful then i may have second thoughts, but not second thots, because that is too many thots.

I think honestly when it comes to fight choreography, you should start with the absolute basicmost stick figures to work that stuff out. Then you won't have people seeming to fall down from an upward attack, etc. you can get the lines of action in.
oh hey this is a lot better, though now it's a really long distance attack, but that's a totally common tokusatsu thing. the tail would be on wires, haha.

Do it anyway! Fuck it!!! I still want to see your project user, and I don't even know anything about it.

I HAVE FAITH IN YOU

TELL ME MORE ABOUT IT

in my day we called them whores. we didn't need an entire fucking sentence reduced to an abbreviation. you wanna abbreviate whore, you drop it down to ho.
it's not even grammatical to say 'that ho over there' and use it as a noun. You just now said 'a comic abou that ho over theres' i mean is bames nond having a stronk?

>make a webcomic here
>everybody just shits on it
>you don't get any better
Uh, no thanks.

As far as I got tonight. The end of Chapter One is three weeks away.

Attached: CI_Ch1_Pg81.png (940x1216, 757K)

Values are all over the place here, I recognize. It shall be cleaned.

Attached: CI_Ch1_Pg82.png (940x1216, 456K)

Hey HYW, long time listener, first time caller, how do I make webcomic?

Idk i geuss just it being bad and uninteresting... idk

Have your fears changed?

NOPE LMAO

>How do you think your comic would have been received 10 years ago?

People would crazy thats all i know lol

Attached: E94C2A5C-CCBC-4DDD-828E-FA4C3C0D932F.jpg (1538x2046, 784K)

I just lost the will, user

*people would go crazy thats all i know

>make a webcomic here
>everybody just shits on it
>use that as fuel to improve

Dont be a defeatist. Every negative comment is worth 10 positive ones, so long as you put it to use.
If you want dicksucking, go to deviantart.

i am planning to make a series of comics (actually they are oneshots) about "art-hoes" getting fucked super hard by conservative men in funny settings, i can't judge you (please don't steal my idea hahaha)

anons, im gonna do it
im going to reboot my comic
i feel it's the right decision but goddamn is it scary to throw away a year and a half of progress
wish me luck lads

Do it! Redrawing all of it is a great idea. I'm going to do the same thing.

Goodluck mate, if u mess up just learn from your mistakes, i feel u also i kinda feel like my 2nd chatper wont be as good as my 1st one but if i fucked up i’ll just learn through my mistakes for sharpen skill more

>Every negative comment is worth 10 positive ones, so long as you put it to use.
what

not me, don't know who that random dude is
but I don't think people would shit on me that badly, but I feel unfulfilled because some guy already did the exact same thing I wanted to do.
I'd get sad just feeling like a rip-off.

tapas.io/series/Eudaimonia1

Updated page 3

Attached: III.jpg (2475x3825, 1000K)

Thanks a lot man. I just went straight in drawing my characters like i usually do and the armor and doodads was really tripping me up.
Ill simplify. I still have several pages of these shenanigans and I can tell I am pretty far out of my depth.
Also thinking of them as guys in showa era suits is pretty ingenious. I was trying to keep it more cartoony, but I can tell it really doesnt carry the same weight.

draw something, then draw something that would logically happen after that drawing, instead of just a random different drawing.

actually even just the one drawing can be a comic, as long as something is happening or someone's saying something.

I believe in you, smackjack. I want you and your things to succeed. The main difference between you and plenty of others is your ideas and writing have outpaced your skills. but we all have something to work on.

Attached: 833409FA-E1FD-4A93-A392-C337AA4155F9.jpg (2448x3264, 1.18M)

Which webcomic sins are you guilty of, Yea Forums?

Attached: bingo.png (770x872, 168K)

Looks like I got 8 and a half or so, but I should get points for actively avoiding the other 11 spaces.

Attached: and bingo was this lame-o.jpg (770x872, 508K)

would anyone read a comic if it looked like this lol

Attached: scene_test2.png (721x540, 64K)

You have no idea how nostalgic I am for this era considering I didn't play ps1 until late 2000
but I'd rather have the more expressive faces of Rockman DASH

Tonight, on Saffron and Sage, my mergull don’t want none unless you’ve got buns, hun!

Read the rest at SaffronComic.com!

Attached: p82smol.png (770x1155, 825K)

im doing this because im literally dogshit at drawing
i have negative pixel art skill so i just use filtering to mask that fact, its rendered at 240p just to make sure you cant see shit

love it. making an annoying animal even worse.. just imagine the smell

Sometimes I might not even realize how bad my comic really is.

Attached: Comic bingo.png (770x872, 184K)

so what part of this did you actually make?

>making an annoying animal even worse
That's not nice, user, her name is Cinnamon and she just wants to be loved

This is only someone's opinion. Someone who unironically uses 'gary stu' instead of just calling a male character a mary sue. This isn't a latin language, we don't have to gender our idiomata.

the map, the facial textures, the helmet, the rig for all of the new meshes
otherwise i just ported the body models and using goldsource textures

Eh.
Awful writing, bad paneling, and bad artwork are very subjective but people told me they like mine so I guess I'll curb my self loathing today

Attached: bingo sheet.png (770x872, 202K)

I don't think I hit too many marks... but things like bad writing, bad artwork and designs.... Others might have a different opinion regarding my work on this than myself haha

Attached: bingo.png (770x872, 231K)

yesterday's comic. forgot to post it in the last thread, whoops

Attached: Almonds and Elves #11.png (2000x700, 633K)

barely

Attached: Untitled.png (770x998, 170K)

eh. That's enough to qualify. Yeah I think this could be pretty good. I just think these types of faces can only probably tell a very serious story, and I'm not hugely into those.

>sci-fi
i knew it!

Everyone should post their comics, too

radgirlamia.smackjeeves.com/comics/2649180/rad-girl-amia-cover/

Attached: RGA artwork 14 .png (828x1253, 355K)

>radgirlamia.smackjeeves.com/comics/2649180/rad-girl-amia-cover/
love your art

tapas.io/series/Oni-x-Fox

Haha! I do have some sci-fi coming eventually!

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-07-01 at 11.09.52 PM.png (419x342, 72K)

I have given up hope on you updating more, after the last times you said you would.. but... but I secretly still hold out.

Literally almost the entire thing lol

>

honestly i could understand but I SWEAR IT WILL DROP SOON

the pages i made were long so thts why its take looonngg

Attached: aint adding up.jpg (250x238, 6K)

White out working wonders, haha! Really looking forward to your comic.

thanks man, I love your stuff as well

>I love your stuff as well
Ah, sorry. I accidentally pasted that link because I was opening it

Attached: wuh.jpg (531x508, 49K)

lol no worries

Lmaooo

>digitigrade cowboy boots

Attached: 1555065936778.gif (486x273, 3.48M)

Do i need to make my art look ugly on purpose if i want my comic to feel unique?

>Saffron and Sage
oh hey, wanted to say this for a while but never had a good opening.
the color in your comic has always been funky, check out these

thethiefoftales.com/comic/1
nuco-comic.com/comic/1
Especially the Thief of Tales because their main character has a lot of design similarities to yours. Their coloring is top notch.

Attached: all splatbooks welcome.jpg (1080x835, 322K)

that does look weird doesn't it? they only go partway up the foot. Not sure I'd even call those cowboy boots
why, mr absolutely not shitposting, of course! you wouldn't want people to call it anime, would you?

There are certain scenarios in the story that calls for that, for example if the general color scheme is red, that means a person's soul is being consumed and converted into magic. If the field is blue, it is powered by courage, if its green, its powered by perseverance. I haven't gotten to that yet, because it will be part of a training montage for magical girl.

Although I have been thinking about moving up betaman's introduction.

Attached: rococo_and_betaman_snippet.jpg (467x6960, 1.08M)

If the dialogue “UI” is well designed then yes.

As they're not moving I'd have a hard time seeing them and suggest using some manner of outline.

New page incoming. I just counted, this is only like the third time Robin's smiled this entire comic. Poor girl can't catch a break.

Attached: Page 27.jpg (936x1375, 943K)

I hate webcomics.

Here's a new page, blokes.

I was afraid no one was going to like it, but people do so I'm not so afraid now.

>How do you think your comic would have been received 10 years ago? 10 years from now?

That's hard for me to imagine. 10 years ago there wasn't as much saturation in the market so maybe it'd stand out more. 10 years from now? No idea.

comicadia.com/presents/comic/the-bekkoning/the-bekkoning-page-four/

Attached: Bek1FINAL4.png (800x1036, 1.14M)

I like how to do action

making comics is hard

Attached: 1562045003965.png (732x872, 184K)

comic btw
webtoons.com/en/challenge/noughts-and-crosses/list?title_no=195592

oy mods can yall DM me another invite to the discord? i left when cleaning up my server lists

professorSugoi#8675

Attached: mia sidekick.png (1149x1381, 693K)

>professorSugoi#8675
as soon as you accept my friend req

done

>What was I afraid of

That i wouldn't capture whatever feeling I was going for with the art.

I'm a little over halfway done with the chapter, 16 out of 25 pages left.

Attached: pg15.png (800x1128, 391K)

Have any of you published on Comixology?

Yes. If you've ever printed your comics and/or have print ready files, then you can use those for uploading to Comixology. It will only cost you time, so it's worth a shot. I make just under $5 a year from sales.

Link to comic?

Please critique my shitty art. I was too lazy to color in most of them.

Attached: Photo13.png (3024x5552, 287K)

I think its something like this.

better with the pic on

Im extremely not an expert but I feel like you arent really following the construction lines.

Attached: adasd.png (752x908, 171K)

Less webcomic sins and more like shit everyone does because otherwise it wouldn't be fun for them... but I'll bite.

Attached: trytoguesswhoamI.png (768x928, 180K)

>I make just under $5 a year from sales.
geez
another user, interested in comixology

what's pricing like?

I have a b&w webcomic that has 3 ~ 5 page episodes.
I was thinking 15 cents an episode, but I have no idea. how do you price your comic?

The reception of it, i was afraid of creating something as despicable as That Yellow Hedgehog
>ghadar.smackjeeves.com

Attached: R E A D.png (1000x1000, 396K)

As it was originally compiled for print, each issue is 24 pages. Priced at $0.99 for being digital, but that's probably way undercharging. But they are higher res than the free web versions, so...

If you can compile 5 or so episodes together, and add a cover, intro/credits page and back cover, you should be good. If it's just going to be a digital comic and not printed, then you could get away with odd page counts. But as Comixology wants something close to print size, you might as well take the opportunity to prepare the files as if it's going to be printed.

I'm not good at marketing and self promotion though, which doesn't help sales much.

Hi there, pl user here . I didn't post anything here since forever and I just want you to know I'm still alive. I got new scaner today so I'll be able to resume work on my comic pretty soon. But, my, there sure are a lot of new faces here. 'Hope everyone here keeps up the good work!

Attached: moon-smaller.jpg (1212x1688, 1.33M)

i'm honestly just afraid of falling into the classic webcomic haituses or nobody at all noticing my work

Thanks!

Attached: rococo_reboot_storyboard_2015OCT10.jpg (702x6285, 2.43M)

making webcomics is very fun. 3 pages into chapter 2 already! hoping to start releasing things this month.

Attached: cockpit-before-takeoff.png (1600x900, 1.29M)

Almost got bingo multiple times. The circles are maybes since I can't be objective as a creator.

Attached: 1562045003965.jpg (770x872, 263K)

Also finished up Betty's character page. Godamn this little rabbit-toothed gremlin is fun to draw.

Attached: Beatrice Poses.jpg (2550x1650, 1.79M)

I'll be getting back to work soon.

In the meantime, here's my submission for the just-finished waifu contest.

Attached: DpiLPRa.png (3000x2911, 3.19M)

i read good things about your comic. What is it about?

>japanese cal arts

are there any writing discords? what's a good place to get an editor?

that's a pretty basic western cartoony look. the hair is super 2000s manga derivative though. maybe you're just an idiot.

Oni x Fox returns with Chapter 27, and we're back with the Oni Clan!

tapas.io/episode/1452326

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-07-02 at 3.29.46 PM.png (738x386, 188K)

Oh that's great to hear man. It's about a young commoner from the countryside travels to the big city to enroll in a squire academy to become a knight. It's a knight-punk world where there's several orders of knights focused around professions. So you have baker knights, fashion knights, postal knights, etc. Along with the main character are her two friends. Beatrice, a stick-up the ass but friendly girl from a noble family and her childhood friend/nemesis Morgan, who's a lanky goth girl who loves trolling the shit out of people but has a good heart deep down.

I'm halfway through the first chapter which is about them chasing down goblins through a city to pass the entrance exam.

You can find the comic here:
tapas.io/series/Squires-for-Hire

The KAW-WCL annual Waifu Wars just wrapped up. Which waifu was your favorite, /hyw/?

imgur.com/a/JOEIhy6

Oh shit, you're right. That shit totally looks like anime bangs. That must be subconscious, I had no intention of basing anything off anime but I see it.

i like the bottom left design more than the current one
the eyebrows and size proportions make it a lot more interesting

I'm about to launch a reboot, where should I archive the old run of my webcomic? I have all the pages uploaded to tapas already, and I'm planning to use the old Smackjeeves domain for the reboot. So Smackjeeves will be the reboot and the Tapas version will stay there so the old run is still available. Is that a good idea?

>page 9
Fuck, think of something interesting to say

*presuming you have multiple backups*, couldn't you just pull the existing comic and stick the old pages on Imgur or Deviantart or something? I know you definitely can have multiple folders on Tapas, though.

Finished this page!

Attached: page 4.png (2250x3300, 2.72M)

Let it die

What do you guys think about including rape in a webcomic? Assuming its not completely gratuitous, but plot-relevant, + wont be shown, but the reader will know it happened and will have consecuences.

Cute and best

I think it's an incredibly overdone plot device, especially if the person in question is a woman. It's right up there with being infertile and "independent girl don't need no man" being used as defining characteristics for characters.

That being said, it depends on how it's treated in the story. It's a traumatic event that can be life altering as well as a gateway to severe mental illnesses like depression, suicidal ideation, general anxiety, agoraphobia (and other phobias), and so on all wrapped up in a PTSD package. Treating it any differently shows an incredible lack of awareness and is a pretty good indicator on the depth of the writing and what to expect from it (so, not a lot)

What are you trying to convey with it?

Mostly the relationship between a girl born from rape and her mother who initially hates her. Plot-wise it also helps move things on and justifies characters actions.

Cute!

Are color schemes really that important to character design?

Extremely.

Thank you!!

we should let you die

If your comic's not black and white, then yeah.

Even if it is black and white it's still important. You have to make sure that the contrast and whatever is good so they don't blend into the backgrounds or each other.

I have a clipstudio question: when I installed it, I could move around the canvas by just pressing a finger to it and moving it around, and only the pen would actually draw stuff. I hit some button or something and now my finger also acts as a pen, and moving around the canvas is more complicated. I don't know how to fix this, could someone tell me how?

Attached: 20-191310402924587-1-1-1200x862.jpg (1200x862, 285K)

Learn color theory.
I dont know what that is, but I'm told its important.

have zero clue on how to go about this

Tentative finish to this page. I'm still not happy with it. both pages are falling short of what I had hoped for, despite the lessons learned about landscapes and clouds.

Attached: CI_Ch1_Pg82.png (940x1216, 852K)

File>Preferences>touch gesture?

>I hit some button or something
Oh wait, I missed that part. You probably hit the touch button pictured
Itll take you to the same settings as as well as the key modifier

If you don't want to accidentally hit it again you can go to window>command bar to hide it

Attached: Screenshot (5).png (412x241, 19K)

Thank you.

I kinda want to draw fan art of your OCs for some reason anons ..

Attached: 8B31C790-7A3C-4418-A8F1-5B1B77FB2C87.jpg (284x284, 14K)

damn, real shit?

Bumping with a pin design based after a concept from my Color Seekers webcomic

Attached: Redpin2_Chromamon.png (2000x2000, 337K)

Mad Magic is having a hiatus, but I dumped lore to fill the gaps.

Not finding an audiance
They haven't really.

Attached: Dark-Lord.jpg (1200x1673, 1.05M)

Hella.
Note how everyone except the foreground guy has the same gun, same pose, and very similar armor

Attached: and 3 of them are red with black highlights, I didn't even notice that!.jpg (1200x904, 334K)

>witch-pirate
Beaglerush?

Attached: 4acci.jpg (300x300, 21K)

>afraid before starting comic
executing it well, reactions. mental health making me abandon after a couple of pages.
i ended up not abandoning... i'm happy that i got over a 100 pages into my comic and it's no longer a story stuck in purgatory... what i have done could be better, but it's better than nothing... ! always figuring out what i can do better, while maintaining the vision.

Attached: spinar2.png (421x717, 168K)

Can someone recommend good tutorials on how to plan comic panels?

New mintgreen, a bit late to posting it bc im a self conscious gay
Starting a new chapter up with this one

mintgreen-adventures.com

Attached: 02_02.png (1280x1628, 1.07M)

None known! But assuming I can't find any, isn't the purpose of a storyboard winging it to see what works?

Yes! Another update!

Could you promise me to keep the webcomic as this timeless all ages style? I'd hate for it to suddenly get uber violent or sexual and other mature subjects ( the teacher guy is as far as you should go I think ).

youtube.com/results?search_query=storyboarding comics
youtube.com/watch?v=n0BrCv2Kz2Q&feature=youtu.be&t=139

youtube.com/watch?v=WVXqbteiflY
not completely relevant, but good to share

I'm with
I like the thick eyebrows and colorscheme of the bottom one better. But either one is fine I guess.

That's my general plan, yeah. I try to write this comic as if it were going to be a tv show one day. Any violence will be mostly slapstick stuff, and the most sexual it might get would be the odd joke or innuendo. I'm not really good or interested in writing romance so I'll leave that to whatever shippers might crop up.

I'd be a bit careful about your composition on a page like this. The page is really unbalanced because all the cool, interesting stuff is on the left half of the page, while the right side is all kind of flat without much detail.

Doesn't really feel like there's much reason for the two bits of text to be pushed so far over to the right either.

Good point, you're right.

I admit that I’m a bit lost when it comes to optimal text placement. The bottom panel will be fleshed out more for sure. I think I may have played myself because the caravan that’s supposed to be coming toward us needs to be relatively small for the perspective to make sense. All in all, i would love some advice if you have any.

Cute

I'm glad you didn't abandon it. Your comic is quite interesting.

New Episode of BaDoom
webtoons.com/en/challenge/badoom/inana-the-midwaifu/viewer?title_no=302822&episode_no=6

also there's a lolcow in the comments section. fucking bizarre
Have any of you had weird experiences with autistic fans/commenters/patrons?

Attached: gasolina_chibi_trans.png (671x813, 231K)

If its not absolutely necessary, dont include it.

it looks great
didn't need to see granny's tits though

new update!
tapas.io/episode/1450035

>have fans
>call them autisitc

Attached: wow.png (437x403, 14K)

Attached: 61.png (800x1040, 86K)

Attached: 62.png (800x1040, 60K)

Attached: 63.1.png (800x1040, 114K)

Attached: 64.2.png (800x1040, 93K)

Attached: 65.1.png (800x1040, 57K)

well normally I'm grateful to have anyone interested in my comic, but if you read the comments, the commenter in particular is really weird.
He basically tries to pressure me into having full nudity in my comic. and says my comic sucks because it doesn't have full nudity.

anyway he comes across as young and possibly literally autistic, but I was wondering if anyone had any other weird stories/ interactions.

Next Tom N Artie page is live

tapas.io/episode/1426049

Attached: TNA 2 Letters Page 010-01.png (1032x1568, 1.75M)

thank you! it's a story i really want to tell. i've attempted to start the comic proper a few times before the current variant, but would quickly drop them. i crafted the first few pages to encourage further production, such as setting my standards low, and was able to go from there.

Attached: ch1s1p1.png (1000x1364, 542K)

Thing is im not sure. This is the story outline. Huge spoilers obviously if I ever do it.

>happy-go-lucky blonde mage kid lives in a wizarding school established by an expanding empire to create magician soldiers. He is degraded and bullied but he always has a positive outlook in life.
>one day the school is attacked by a lone sociopathic mercenary girl who starts murdering them left and right. The kid survives and decides to join her.
>Merc girl doesnt really care and keeps attacking empire locations and interrogating people, he tags along by force and they live adventures together. He completely falls in love with her and after enough shared experiences she explains her deal: she is looking for one of the empire warlords who destroyed her village and raped and murdered her older sister, she wants to kill him in revenge.
>They both keep having adventures until they arrive to the empire´s main city and find the warlord. After a confrontation however the girl ends up losing and being beaten half-dead and raped.
I dont plan to show it, but will be there.

>second part happens around 15 years later, new protagonist is a little girl living in a tower with the blonde mage (now an adult), who has became incredibly powerful and is constantly fending off invaders from the empire
>mercenary girls is in a sort of shock-comma, blonde mage guy takes care of her since he is still madly in love
>little girl is her daughter, and after a visit from another character (another girl the mage kid and the merc girl knew in their adventures) starts suspecting there is something wrong with her caretaker
>she investigates the tower and discovers some horrifying monster screaming in the basement, first she is scared then she starts bonding with it since she is so lonely (mom doesnt react and mage is too busy with the invaders and trying to bring her back). The creature seems to be in constant agonizing pain.
(cont)

>she eventually confronts the mage about it, he tells her that creature its her dad. We get a flashback arc then, the mage kid and that one girl they met allied together and managed to trick the warlord and capture him, kid has been horribly torturing the guy for years. The little girl has compassion for him but the mage doesnt want to let him go until her mother has recovered.
>after a discussion, due to plot reasons the empire soldiers manage to break into the tower. Mage allows himself to be captured as long as they dont touch the mercenary girl, little girl hides near her mother. The soldiers take him away for execution in the capital and recover the warlord who is barely human now.
>little girl takes her mom and decides to go rescue the mage. During her travels for more plot reasons her mother regains consciousness and they become sort of famous because they cause all sorts of trouble for the empire. There is also a very conflictive relationship between the both. They travel and travel together, mom tries to kill her at first, she ends up unable to bring herself to do it but admits she is never gonna be a real mother to her. They arrive to where the mage is about to be executed.
>they realize the mage has left himself to be captured because he has been saving a ridiculous ammount of magic energy during those years and he plans to just wipe out the capital altogether. Little girl wants to save people and stop him, they appear as the execution is having place, she goes to find her warlord-dad and her mother goes to face the mage.
>mage starts casting the mass destruction spell, but stops himself when he sees the merc girl is alive. He easily breaks free and reunites with her with a hug. Little girl infiltrates the palace to find her dad, who has recovered humanity and consciousness.
(cont)

>city is going in chaos because of the spell that was being casted. Little girl is found by the emperor, who recognizes her as one of the two who has been giving them trouble and figures the spell is her fault. He attempts to kill her but its stopped by her dad (warlord), who sort of accidentally kills him. It seems the warlord has managed to discover parental love for her daughter due to all the years she tried to ease his pain on the tower. They both reunite.
>mage decides to go back to the tower, mercenary girls goes with him. She exchanges a significative glance with her daughter from the balcony, as her daughter decides to escape with her dad to live with him. They separate in good terms.

The End.
Does it suck? I sincery dont know. And im not sure how relevant the rape is.

I don't see any comments section on this site. If I had, I would have mentioned the oddity that the pupper can smell things through his mask. Does it only filter the bad stuff?

I mean, he's not wrong

It sounds like it's just part of the setting. Kind of expected. If you don't go full drama about it, then it's fine.

how do i create characters
imagine you're explaining it to an autist with no creativity (because you are)

If I'm talking to someone with no creativity, the question is WHY do you create characters? It's not like it's easy or ultra rewarding. Those of us with creativity need an outlet for it.

oh...

Attached: 1357486969180.jpg (216x233, 17K)

want to make use of worldbuilding. i'm perfectly good at imagining macro level stuff like wars, just totally useless when it comes to anything human.
even if all i was going to do is write an alternate universe history textbook it would probably help to have named characters.

Oh I see. In that case, the world is your main character, and should be the focus of the story you're telling. Don't worry about the characters that much, just ask yourself who would live there.
It'll be an unusual comic for sure, but if that's where your creative motivations are, I think that's where you should focus, rather than forcing yourself.

the webtoons base are mostly very young. partially why i stopped hosting there because i felt uncomfortable mostly getting comments that sounded like 13 year olds. cute and fun to read, but my comic isn't for them, haha.
i don't have any weird stories... sometimes i get a cryptic comment and wish they would clarify their opinion but they wouldn't return... so i'd feel confused for a bit and then forget about it.

i'm seeing a dark fantasy concept, and it's common to use rape as a device. from what i'm reading, you can have it, but it's not crucial.

Ah no, I mean he's wrong about it sucking! I love this comic.

If I'll power through it and not change the course mid-flight.
Sort of, but now it's all about putting it out there, so I'm constantly asking myself if I marketed it properly.
>Alt Q: How do you think your comic would have been received 10 years ago?
Probably better? Who knows.
>10 years from now?
If I get to tell the stories I plan to tell, then pretty swell. Again, it all comes down to advertising it properly.

Oh yeah, and CHAPTER 3 - DONE!

tapas.io/series/Ibrahim-Coyle
webtoons.com/en/challenge/ibrahim-coyle/list?title_no=270091

How do you like it so far? Starting next Wednesday I'll be going back to updating once a week, so I'm gonna put the current storyline on hold for now and post some short black and white stories instead. Just to have that world-building "filler-breather".

Attached: 03.jpg (2894x4093, 1.4M)

I get some fans making requests, often obsessively, but it must be weird to spend your life watching media and talking to it, knowing it can't talk back... then, one day, the internet happens. Now it can actually hear you.

Just ignore him mate. You're only making yourself look bad

webtoons.com/en/challenge/omnifighters/introduction/viewer?title_no=189548&episode_no=1

Attached: Isabelle with tea M.png (700x700, 482K)

Finished third character. Any opinions or recommendations?
I think i'm starting to figure out shadowing. Hands are fucking krieg tho. I need a good guide on facial expressions. And try doing dynamic poses.

Attached: Sam.png (960x1280, 190K)

Definite progress, look at that!
The best time to mess around with poses is during the sketch phase when it's just a stick guy you're posing. Just play around, won't cost you more than a few seconds even if you do 10 lousy ones in a row

Thanks.
I think i will start comic when i nail down dynamic poses and face expressions consistently. Also i haven't tried drawing in different camera angles like in overhead view etc. I can understand perspective when it involves boxes, but with humans it's hard.

Attached: 1.jpg (852x480, 121K)

Hope you have a happy 4th of July /hyw/!

Attached: Happy independence day.png (791x500, 216K)

>the fireworks are secretly the breath-weapon of another offscreen kaiju

Imagine having to lean on other people to do your work for you.

Attached: 1554946530072.jpg (692x960, 207K)

Ape-alm the explosive gorilla is a problem this time of year.

Oh right, White Phosphorwalrus is only active in colder months.

bad day at work user?

Attached: 1539435036020.jpg (535x683, 71K)

he's a blast on new years eve.

Just stuck writing and waiting, it's such a terrible feel.

>I can understand perspective when it involves boxes, but with humans it's hard.

I know its easier said than done, but try constructing the figure out of boxes first and then draw in the details after. This can help with getting the perspective right and it should also make shading easier to grasp.

ill be posting the next update on friday cause i'll be on a family trip during sunday

here's a little redesign i was working on

Also I'll be going on a 4-5 month hiatus once my backlog empties (in one month I think) 'cause I'll reboot the comic

During that time I'll redo both chapters 1 and 2 and upload them both in one go once I'm done. I'll try to draw 2 pages every day. Both chapters will be 40 pages each. It's a crazy amount of work but it's doable. The reason I'm not doing weekly updates for those 2 chapters is because telling people that I'm rebooting the series will surely rub them the wrong way, so I'll just drop the surprise on them so they don't get the time complain. Not sure if this is a good idea, so feedback would be appreciated

Already got the first chapter rewritten and it's almost fully sketched out. It's 10 times better than the original chapter, at least I like it way more. The story will remain the same only with a few minor changes.

I'll still post my progress here tho.

Attached: Stainer.png (600x800, 13K)

KAW isn't even the /hyw/ server anymore dude. It's not part of this thread.

So where do you guys stand on story length when it comes to webcomics? Reading about Cucumber Quest earlier (even though everyone saw it coming) seriously made me rethink how long any story I produce should be to make sure I don't get burnt out in the middle.

and with that attitude, it's gonna stay that way.

CQ's problem wasn't length, it was pacing. The early chapters were fun and neato but then it got into this slow slog with a big weird monster and just nothing. Plus it hit its big goal of finding the dad and then he's not gonna leave jail? It's rarely a good idea to reach your story's main goal and then your next step is something LESS than the previous quest, especially if the goal is lost. See Inuyasha after they found the whole jewel and immediately lost it, or anytime a journey is about saving or finding someone or something or someplace, and then it's lost at the end (looking at you Wind Waker)

when i was attempting to be a novelist, i would always get burned out pretty quickly.
the thing that helped me minimize the burn was to take a more enemy of the week style story telling with short episodes that are their own contained story. gives you short term goals to reach and you know you can just do something brand new after every arc.
that is the approach i am taking with my comic now. comics lend themselves way better to episodic story telling than prose, thats for sure.

>i have moved on/ died in a helicopter crash.
that's very specific

that sounds embarrassing. at least no one seems to be able to see his comments, as from the other responses people can't seem to view them for some reason, and I can't see them for some reason either.

Attached: womyn.png (246x246, 6K)

I don't get it. Does anyone here even read the posters' comic strips, or do you guys just give eachother encouragement or something? It also only looks like about 8 people here are actually working on something

Attached: 1551632652432.png (3630x1615, 783K)

Yeah I'm really confused about this, where are these comments? Are they actually direct messages to the author?

gypsy told me thats how its gonna go down.

>wondering if anyone had any other weird stories/ interactions.
I've had a few people (likely young and/or autistic) try to "subtly" convince me to incorporate their fetishes into my comic. Also had some straight up ask me if such-and-such character would be appearing nude.

webtoon is weird you have to click on "replies" under the comments to expand the threads.

I remember a time when that sort of thing wasn't so strange.

Absolutely not. You know those Kpop threads on /trash/, where it looks like a badly programmed AI is (nominally) talking to itself? /hyw/ is the successor of that AI.

> It also only looks like about 8 people here are actually working on something

I'm not seeing comments or replies. You probably need to have a webtoon account to see 'em. At least with Tapas you can see the comments, even if you need an account to make them.

I want everybody's characters to get nude, but not because some kid told them to. It's gotta be their choice because they got too hot or just felt like it.

>mfw I read a webcomic that isn't from here
>mfw I see "Coldfusion" asking questions

Oh that's weird you can't even see them, but maybe you're right about needing an account.
what time was that?

In the long long ago, when phones still had hinges.

Can concur, I remember that time.
How do you think rule 34 was born?

>try constructing the figure out of boxes first and then draw in the details after
What good will drawing a box be?

I think the idea is like.. imagine how they would look inside of that box. Like you're used to proportioning the different body parts, but now they're inside a box drawn with perspective, so you go "okay if the feet fill up THAT much of the bottom of the box, then the head and shoulders should fill up THIS much of the top" and you automatically draw them bigger or smaller or whatever depending what the perspective is.
I find it works better with limbs than entire bodies.

This is great, thank you. Big thanks to everyone here, really. Every post here except that faggot who keeps saying "let it die" makes me think more and more about how to produce good stories in a way that's possible for me to do. Hopefully I'll be posting my own shit here sometime soon.

Here's today's strip

Attached: Vector-and-Raster-5.png (1628x1200, 443K)

I just realized I'm hella guilty of what I advised you not to do, though

a successor in that it's a shit thread or in that everyone here is super autistic and doesn't actually leave posts?

found him
holy autism batman N.Boy01 is legitimately an autist

Attached: IMG_8146.jpg (424x1201, 122K)

Attached: IMG_8147.jpg (417x1053, 126K)

>the censorship is the fan service
That makes little sense.
That poor kid though, good gravy. Like I said, he's not wrong (except in saying the comic sucks, and in his incorrect presumption that this is 'a fanservice comic'), but he is severely messed up. I'm gonna check out that link he gave though.
I like to think kids like that do grow up into okay people someday.. no thanks to the others in the comments making absolute fools of themselves responding to him in about the worst way they could.

there's literally no way helping these fucks. if his parents have let him get this bad, either throufh negative encouragement or negligence, then chances are he'll be a dreg on society for life
some people should not be allowed to have children for these exact reasons

Attached: IMG_8101.jpg (1302x981, 197K)

Well think about it, this kid clearly has no father, at least not a real one with a firm hand, because a few smacks would have fixed that.
When he went through puberty and started having feelings about girls, he probably had NOBODY to come to with it. Most likely just a kooky overprotective mom and an internet full of people telling him to go fuck other guys in the ass and call it brave.
So he's gonna be all weird about his desires. Probably sees people everywhere being allowed to do whatever weird shit turns them on, but he'd just like to see some pictures, and hasn't figured out yet that the world isn't your pleasure vending machine.
But with the right guidance? some patience, some real friends... he could turn around. All he has to do is start seeing other people as people. Meeting some who qualify would be a great starting point. Hell, in my book he's already slightly ahead of his attack helicopter peers.

Is this really the best you could come up with in two and a half hours?

what the fuck man, I keep offering

Attached: Untitled22.png (1256x193, 79K)

I don't think we're properly communicating here, so let me restate the question:
do people here actually read the comics posted?
why are these threads so slow and discussion-less?

Attached: IMG_8103.jpg (1944x2592, 3.04M)

I am bad at promoting. Here's a page to satisfy that user's curiosity. Someone I know in person once said that webcomics are (one of) the most expensive hobbies to get into. That won't stop crazies like us.

Attached: Page 180 Text.png (940x1595, 1.23M)

but why
what was so wrong about your first chapter that it needs a reboot

>do people here actually read the comics posted?
I try to read most of them.
>why are these threads so slow and discussion-less?
I'm new here so I'm not familiar with this general's pacing but it seems really quiet here since the last two or so days.

Yeah i read them. At least try to.
Its a slow thread because its a time consuming hobby.
What do you want from us?

I mean you could start a conversation. Comment on some of the shit in here. throw out some critique.

I just dont know what you are expecting from us.

A lot of the webcomics posted here suck dick, but no one really is willing to say this directly to the people posting the shitty webcomic. Why? I don't know. It could be a lot of things. I've noticed that most people don't give feedback, or even compliment someone just for posting their comic. It is difficult to then say this is an encouragement based thread. Much of it feels like people cloistered from any sort of criticism or even positive feedback. Where speaking up is verboten. A guy a few threads ago even made the point that out of all the comics posted in the entire thread there was maybe two or three with good/serviceable art. I fear that these threads are mostly for people who want to run, but not walk. They have ideas in their heads and want to get them out yet rather than do the classic comic route, or spending an obnoxious amount of time learning to properly draw, color, and everything else they want instant gratification by merely creating their comic regardless what it looks like or how it reads.

>I've noticed that most people don't give feedback
Yeah, you faggots should step up and help newfags with tips, show them where they fucked up. Don't just scroll pass them.

>I've noticed that most people don't give feedback, or even compliment someone just for posting their comic.
When people say nothing it's like a polite way to express that something is shit. When people are willing to make a patreon donation or something you can consider it a compliment of it being good enough.

this is super good! you have a link??

Is this a good design?
I'm trying to aim for a more feminine artstyle, (for this comic at least) so would a calligraphy pen help at all with the text or should I just keep using a sharpie pen? Anyone have any experience with calligraphy pens?

Attached: Twin Genie P4_small.png (1000x603, 220K)

To some extent I agree with this, yet but I firmly believe to some degree it is laziness or pure apprehension. As said you can get criticism that's helpful to your art and your writing however very few people offer that up in any, let alone a meaningful, way.

>no one really is willing to say this directly to the people posting the shitty webcomic
god, don't start your weak bait out with demonstrably false lies. at least make people scroll up more than a few screens to see counterevidence.

user, I love you, and I want you to succeed, but... a new pen isn't going to help right now. Doing more extensive pencil sketches and sharing those with us so we can help you, that might.

Anyone want their script(s) read?

i can't gauge if this place is an autistic hugbox or what bc i dont want to turn into any more of a beta than i already am and i dont want to start my own webcomic instead of using my time better to become a chad
like tad danger made me unironically burst out laughing cuz of timing and substance but the fact its art is shitty and its made by a nonprofessional makes me think im becoming autistic and fuck that i wanna get laid or do something with myself like get a real hobby like football so i can hang with my dad or grow up and be an adult. i'm feeling this place out dont get so defensive faggot

Attached: IMG_8135.png (1000x1918, 434K)

Maybe it's just me but I think that many other people feel like they are in no position to judge people's art/writing because they're new at it themselves.

Probably

I do wish people were a little more willing to give hard criticism, but that's just me. I legitimately dont know where else to go to get honest guidance because sites like deviantart are such hugboxes, criticism is non-existent.

I think the real problem are the huge number of artists totally incapable of taking honest criticism and throw a bitch fit towards all the 'haters'.
Kinda makes it pointless to even try to critique someone.

>pic
I ain't making peace with none of the mosquitoes i've killed, and definitely not the flies. Their entire kin deserves to be eradicated.
Take me to hell.

yes
but recommending /ic/ is hard bc good artists rarely browse there and so many autists try to pull newbies down. it doesn't help that a lot of newbies don't take advice and get frustrated when their art doesnt improve so they also turn into autists

fuck mosquitoes but fuck man we can't live without flies

I wasnt getting defensive, i just didnt get what you were after m8.
But hey im glad i made you laugh. I only started trying to draw a few months ago, I am well aware that I have no talent for art, but I am still trying.
Its a very cathartic hobby.
I've been compared to sonichu before. I thought that was pretty awesome.

as long as the art is getting better, that's the important thing. you can start with shitty art but as long as you're trying to improve with every page then it becomes a fun "see how the comic evolves over time" thing. of course you have people who never improve and learn or actually regress but the point is learning to draw before starting your comic isn't THE advice to give. the best way to start is just by starting, otherwise you'll never make anything

Attached: IMG_8149.jpg (700x720, 110K)

ONE is a great example because he's considered one of the greatestanga artists in japan right now but ten years ago he was shit. the key though is he just started making his webmanga and took it from there. he didnt "learn to draw" first

Attached: IMG_8150.png (1469x887, 1021K)

Attached: IMG_8148.jpg (500x673, 46K)

I was told not to post pencil sketches

ONE is my idol. He got by purely on the virtue of his stellar writing.
He did get better and developed his own style. I think Mob Psycho 100 looks perfect for the story its telling.

who the fuck told u that?

Almost everyone in a previous thread

I've been in every thread and that never happened

He is not considered that.

boards.fireden.net/co/thread/108094140/#108133652

Oh you misunderstood. That user wasn't saying don't post your pencil sketches, they were saying don't just stop at pencil, ink your final product. They evidently hadn't seen your other work which shows you DO ink and color.

regarding lack of criticism and feedback, many of the new people maybe don't know what most comics here are about, why not post the latest update of your comic with a link a short description of the plot? that way we can catch up on the comics here!

I care more about the art not sucking than the comic

Walking the dog

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-07-04 at 12.23.23 AM.png (542x511, 209K)

Welp, this took a while.

Attached: ROCOCO_02_37_2019JUL04_CORRECTION1.jpg (848x1200, 503K)

there's a lot of issues with the readability, clunky dialogue and gramatical errors

go on.

Attached: 2019JUN24_rococo_color_pencil_doodle.jpg (848x1200, 301K)

ok
panel 3 there's two yous
panel 4 write out that four the long way
the first and third i am used is unnatural dialogue, using it like that sounds robotic since nearly everyone would contract it to i'm in those scenarios
panel 5 replace the comma with a period
"didn't told you that we needed more cashiers?" who told what to who? told is in the wrong tense, should be tell

fully engaged is an awkward way to describe the situation (why not just say the kitchen staff is extremely busy), it wasn't explained either in what they were engaged in

That's fair enough.

Attached: ROCOCO_02_37_2019JUN04_CORRECTION03.jpg (848x1200, 506K)

Thanks! Here ya go. I thought it would be annoying if I linked to the comic twice in the same thread but I won’t worry about that anymore.

Redrawing old stuff feels like useless task.

first chapter was fine. problem is im not a fan of the second half with the whole "crooked cop" thing. i was setting up a side plot with that that i no longer want to go through with (i just made shit up as i went when i was making chapter 1). didnt feel it was going to add much to the story. i want to make the story simpler. make things go faster and less convoluted. the new version of the first chapter focus solely on the cops vs the helmet guy, plus the action is much better executed too (in the og chapter the helmet guy just stands mostly in one place while deflecting bullets with magic and fucks off halfway through). ill keep the good parts of the original while improving on the rest. i think it will be worth it. also i dont like how chapter two is turning out so im changing things up a bit there too mostly the order of events, i feel like the fight with the knife-hand man was not that well done and i want to handle helmet guy's character in a different way. also second chapter was going to be over 100 pages long, which is fucking insane for a chapter that really doesnt add much storywise.

self imposed rule from now and on: every chapter will not be over 40 pages long. the only exceptions are chapters where a big important event happens which will need more pages to develop, but other than that, 40 pages max.

yeah i get it, but idk its kind of what i feel. i guess i care too much about this thing i want it to be as good as possible.

im just at the beginning so im not losing much by rebooting now. better now than later.

How the fuck do i learn how to use a tablet

These pictures inspire me.

I thought that "censorship is the fan service" meant the artist was doing a favor by covering the granny nipples with tape or whatever.
>Without nips = not real fanservice
is that true tho? I don't think that's true

oddly specific assumptions here, but entirely plausible
>he's already slightly ahead of his attack helicopter peers.
spooky. A future where children are all entitled attack helicopters made from snowflakes, made irritable from being pumped full of a cocktail of ritalin, SRI's, and HRT.
sounds like a webcomic!

why do you use that sterile san-serif font?

One Punch Man comes up with comical (pun intended) regularity in every webcomic community, and I think it's becoming deceptive. He's an extreme anomaly. There must be better examples of long term improvement leading to measurable success. The only lesson that anyone should take from One Punch Man is that there is no substitute for putting in hundreds and potentially thousands of QUALITY hours into improving your craft. Almost every webcomic of notable success started long before now--the magnitude and aggregation of webcomics have fundamentally changed the ecosystem in which all of these successful comics once started. It's easy to look back now and project affection on One's crappy art, but I guarantee you that even if you somehow are starting out with exceptional writing skills, your crappy art will 150% repel and bore potential readers.

Do NOT get inspired by a mirage. Take One Punch Man as a testament to patience, hard work, and experience, and no more. He's awe inspiring. He put in mad work, never quit, and got a little lucky. He is NOT an example of how you can lean on objectively crappy art and/or writing in the modern webcomic ecosystem.

tl;dr I think the One Punch Man example isn't helpful at all--and is perhaps even harmful--to amateur artists, and I include myself in that demographic.

Agree. Its the JK rowling of writers. An exception that gets mentioned as an example (of first time writers becoming rich in this case).

who /getting anxious people will take the wrong moral from your story even though nobody reading it is more likely/ here

>A lot of the webcomics posted here suck dick, but no one really is willing to say this directly to the people posting the shitty webcomic. Why? I don't know. It could be a lot of things.

Maybe telling people they "suck dick" isn't criticism or critique, an just trashing people isn't going to help anyone get better. You do have to have somewhat thick-skin as a creator in any artistic endeavor, but telling someone they're shit and leaving it at that is just bad advice.

>They have ideas in their heads and want to get them out yet rather than do the classic comic route, or spending an obnoxious amount of time learning to properly draw, color, and everything else they want instant gratification by merely creating their comic regardless what it looks like or how it reads.

Where is it decreed that each person gets one comic to do in their life, and they're "wasting" their shot by doing a comic with poor art? Some people are clearly doing their comics as practice to get more polished for future comics or projects. Comics have several facets, just learning to draw well doesn't mean shit if you also can't do pacing, story telling, layouts, etc.

I don't get why there has to be this all or nothing mentality. More baffling are the drive-by posters such as yourself who offer less than nothing to people by trying to somehow dramatically reason your way though people practicing making comic pages on the internet.

ctrlpaint.com

I thought Murata took over the artwork for OPM?

>Some people are clearly doing their comics as practice to get more polished for future comics or projects
Name one ITT

Yes real shit

That's what I thought, but I wasn't totally sure. If anything, that's even further removed from the general amateur creator public. Admittedly, I have never seen or read OPM, so I just assume people are correct when they talk about how impressive and/or successful it is.

The point is, good writing can carry shitty art. Like Tails Gets Trolled.

I think OPM the webcomic and OPM the manga are two separate things. I think even the stories are slightly different now.

mine desu

I'm not sure about the stories, but Murata is the artist for the published manga and One is still the artist for the webcomic which is still updating.
If you pull up the webcomic site you can see for yourself the difference galaxyheavyblow.web.fc2.com/

How can I make my non-english webcomic more famous? I tried giveaways but it didn't help.

dis he really make this? wow looks bad and this is recent?

Attached: IMG_8153.jpg (600x848, 161K)

Translate it to English?

Giveaways only really work if you already have enough audience for them to do your advertising for your. Best you can do is probably look into hosting it on more sites to catch more eyes and start getting active in online communities for art, comics, and your native language so that your presence will make a bigger impact.

Yeah, the website says it was update on June 14, 2019.
It's still a big step up from chapter one though

that looks fine you retarded crab

fuck you go die

Mine. My main objective is to learn. I publish it because why not. If anyone likes it im happy.

>not a Boxer
She needs to practice her improv if she's gonna be a secretkeeper!

The problem is that there are a lot of puns and references which would make no sense in English.

make puns in english

use footnotes or just do your best.

Absolutely true! She REALLY needs improv practice! Luckily for her, those kids didn't know their dog breeds haha

First rule of improv: Think fast.
Second rule of improv: Comedy comes in threes.

Third rule: always pull out a gun. You can't beat that.

Words of wisdom

stop making weeb inspired shit

This

I'm not inspired that much by other weebs, only by anime.

thanks, now I'll stop

which is weeb-shit.

I like the art style so I won't stop.

well you didn't say weebshit-inspired

I follow a comic that is nothing but fan suggestions, which get increasingly terrible and out of character to the point that the author has to mark it as such, and has lately asked "is there even an in-character for them anymore?"
But it's largely a porn comic, so

Never listen to your paypigs.
Also don't insult them.

Asking again. Anyone of you have a "group photo" of your main gang. I'm working on mine right now and i need some inspiration.

Attached: _99295415_scooby1_bodyrex.jpg (660x439, 51K)

you didn't design these

No shit

yeah, I can tell these things

is showa era monster movies weeb?

anything japan-related is weeb

yes

Here's a group photo I made a few months ago

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-07-04 at 2.34.29 PM.png (459x614, 314K)

mine's terrible, but I just made it as a piece of control art.
use the one laundrymom just made. it looked great.

shit

oh. i apologize for nothing.

apologize for taking a bait post seriously

Sadly I dont have a main gang.

posting my last two pages
this one isnt actually done since im still trying to add the glow thing. Ill try more next days.

Comic here pls read
tapas.io/episode/1448829

Attached: ena1.png (935x1285, 917K)

also comic here
astoryoffire.smackjeeves.com/comics/2814896/14/

this page ends chapter 14.
Next chapter will be called "Attacking The Capital". Its gonna be probably long and packed with f u n.

Attached: ena2.png (919x1301, 1.46M)

Does anyone want their script read?

if ONLY I had a script

>Oh my writing would be fancy, the jokes as good as Nancy
>the reader would be gripped
>I'd be smart and prolific, not the least bit soporific,
>if I only had a script

>use the one laundrymom just made. it looked great.
??
The only one who posted anything was Oni

Before starting I was worried that Monster Lands would do as poorly as my first webcomic attempt, but it did much better so that's a relief.

Attached: monsterlands.182.png (792x1224, 1.07M)

Sorry, this could have been anytime in the past two weeks and, to me, it "just happened."
Consequence of getting old. Sometimes I forget not everyone's in that broat.

Rau is better.

frightfully on theme with the current op, this notepad has been sitting on my desktop for like a week and a half
is it even possible for a comic to be scary without it being Junji style disturbia

Attached: txt.png (852x99, 10K)

I had an idea for a batman villain like that. Sort of being way more modern and/or post-modern in his comedy persona, confronting the Joker and tearing him and his century-old comedic concepts apart

beautiful ;_;

just give up man

You clown, you ABSOLUTE buffoon, you jester. Entire joke aside, Im actually starting to get worried because I got that comment three times already.

Im gonna start with some Azu propaganda machine. I did get some people telling me the opposite.

Attached: Sin título.png (3004x1380, 286K)

god damn it they are so adorable

I mean, have we had any time yet to get to know Azu?

Well, she was there with Rau on part one, but its true she didnt get any solo time besides her fight with Shuten. Guess readers opinion can change with the incoming chapters, Rau had a lot of pages to shine.

Attached: 45.jpg (847x1204, 405K)

Speaking of which I really hope my readers(?) havent forgotten these three.

Attached: 44.jpg (850x1254, 409K)

bomp

I have completed the first draft of Transients Issue #3's script.

I need people to read it, if anyone would like to I'd appreciate it.

just post it

dropbox.com/s/8ocvo7gnm4a68zu/TRANSIENTS_ISSUE_3.pdf?dl=0

If ONLY we had something to discuss rn.

well user, how is YOUR webcomic?

Attached: comic26.png (640x480, 37K)

i have none

cool, cool. why are you in this thread? planning to do one?

Okay, I just read the first twenty pages. Revise the dialogue, the only one that sounds natural is the interviewer and I personally couldn't tell anyone's personality apart from each other.
I take it you're an ESL.

I just don't like this
>remove the ' for livin' and other words

People generally talk tersely in English, so try to include less words. Also, don't make them talk unless absolute necessary. When doing exposition, it's fine if you want to include some through dialogue (you kinda have to), but I find it's lazy to do exposition through a student directly asking a teacher a question.
>"So what happened then?"
Yeah, no one is going to say this in a lecture. They would just wait until the teacher says the next thing. Remember that even background characters have their own personalities and should be acting as well as the main characters. Have the teacher ask the students a question instead. Student lazily gives crappy answer. Then Lily says.
>Ah, good question! You mean why study this important case? You see...

Also take into account that people act differently when they're among friends, loved ones, strangers, or on TV.
>"We tried for kids for a few years, but they just didn't seem to be in His plan."
>"We tried to have kids, but they weren't in "His" plan" (You can bold His)

>"I can still see her, clear as a day, blonde hair, curls, couldn't have been a day over nineteen."
>I can still picture her, blonde hair and her beautiful curls. She couldn't have been a day over nineteen.

The doctor should sound more smart, and not the exact same as Joe. Remember, the doctor would speak/act differently since he isn't talking to a patient, but to an educated audience and he is speaking about something he is well-versed in.
>"I had only heard of strange symptoms as a result of this disorder , but nothing matching the description of hers."
>I only heard of the typical symptoms that result from this strange disorder, but nothing that quite matched her description.

>"Which is why she languished for two years in that hospital bed."
Change languished to anything else. Never heard this word in conversational speak.

Educated people use languished, when discussing things people suffer from for years.

Not ESL, I just don't like dialogue. That being said, I fear that a lot people prickle at anything more than five words in a bubble due to Bendis. However, Bendis is just an extreme version of most comics. I could certainly tighten up the dialogue though and will do that when I make my revisions.

As for Lily's recitation, it's a recitation and not a lecture. I dunno if you ever went to one of these in College, but they are typically taught by TA's who just repeat what the professor said because they are only allowed to do that. These are for people who missed classes, and so on. Still, I could reframe the conversation so that Lily is more direct than she otherwise is. I just avoided it because I was picturing some sort of oblivious kid asking the questions - hence why he was in a recitation.

Thanks for pointing out a bold that I missed BTW, I must have overlooked that when I was making corrections.

I couldn't tell their personalities apart, so I didn't know if she was educated. But unless you're Frasier Crane, most normal people wouldn't say that word.

Some of us did well in school.
Others just want to sound erudite, from time to time.

I don't know why you're defending this so much. I'm just saying that most people just wouldn't talk like this in everyday context.

No reason to fight. If you'd like, you could think of it as overcompensating. She is only 15 years old after all.

The thing is, people get the way they talk from the media they watch, so to some extent, within reason, you should write for the audience you want, not for your perception of real life.

Some people think big words will make them sound smarter

Well, what kind of audience does he want

I'd like any audience, really.

Got one here that also doubles as a cover. Main artist did this one last year.

Attached: Tom n Artie Cover2.png (473x673, 502K)

This begs the question. Is the story more important than the audience? How far do we need to change it to fit the audience's need?

I plan on starting to post the story with some regularity after the third issue is completed. We're currently working on the thumbs for the second one.

Nice

how does one draw a transparent blob character with depth and not make them look flat? I've never quite figured that out myself.

Are you autistic?

Does that help?

Thank you guys so much, I really appreciate it!!!

This propaganda might be winning me over. Chad Azu looking pretty good!

Can you see a bellybutton on a profile view?

Where can I find an example of a good movie script? I don't really get the point of a script anyway

Not really, I just take enjoyment in seeing what anons come up with.

>Where can I find an example of a good movie script?
Literally type the name of your favorite movie and put "script" next to it on Google
>I don't really get the point of a script anyway
What do you mean by this?

I'm very happy with how this page turned out

Attached: wechsel33.png (1988x3056, 2.42M)

Shadows and highlights. It might be transparent, but it still has form. You can look at tutorials on how to draw water and water droplets and apply it in a similar manner.

Full profile, no. Depending on how much fat, muscle, and flesh is in that area you might see a sort of indentation in that area, though.

Might be comfortable with starting to release this comic as early as next week. Very excited to see what people have to say about the new narrative.

Attached: lDiSN9H.png (557x358, 58K)

I don't always come around right away but I gotta say I do appreciate you taking the time to do this, thanks.

Attached: 20190705_070643_SD.jpg (1500x1125, 297K)

World War 2 was SUCH a weebfest

Today's Monvana episode

Something mysterious up in the attic

tapas.io/series/monvana
instagram.com/monvana.comic/

Attached: S1E3.png (940x1429, 1.32M)

imitating weeb-shit is admitting that your culture is shit

why not both?

Maybe my culture is shit so it's a good way to use a comic to express the ideal culture.

>pick your favorite movie
Well, the problem with that is that I already know that it has dialogue problems and I need a movie that has well-written dialogue.

Are you going for more realistic (IE, Napoleon Dynamite) or more scripted (IE, Pulp Fiction) script?
Knowing that your favorite movie has issues with its dialogue is also a good starting point, because then you can already pick out what you like, don't like, and want to change from it.

You script as a way to organize your thoughts and make your project more approachable as a whole. Not everyone needs it, but if you're starting from scratch I recommend it.

more scripted

New page!

comicadia.com/presents/comic/the-bekkoning/the-bekkoning-page-five/

Attached: Bek1FINAL5.png (800x1036, 1M)

what country are you from?

America

they both have plenty of famous authors, why not use them as a basis?

name one

Off the top of my head, Pulp Fiction, Citizen Kane, Mad Men although it's a TV series.
Can't go wrong with the Venture Bros, which is very scripted and provides a different genre.

leethomson.myzen.co.uk/Mad_Men/Mad_Men_1x01_-_Smoke_Gets_in_Your_Eyes.pdf
dailyscript.com/scripts/pulp_fiction.html
dailyscript.com/scripts/citizenkane.html

Attached: MMScript.jpg (675x857, 132K)

America
>Mark Twain
>Stephen King
>F. Scott Fitzgerald

Netherlands
>Anne Frank
>Annie M.G. Schmidt

*cartoon culture

cartoons are heavily influenced by the culture that made them.

all media is heavily influenced by the culture that makes them

how do i make it sufficiently clear that the actions of characters only represent their views and not my own?

TMNT 4 had one of the best screenplays I've ever read

Anime = Japanese culture. So by using anime as a basis for your cartoon you are saying that your culture is not good enough.

In most instances, I think people can separate the character from the author. Assuming this is not the case and your characters skirts on being a self-insert, whatever your character does/say, can't be too oddly specific. Same with his circumstance and how you intend on portraying the environment around him.
Maybe if you made him a side character, it'd be less apparent.

Newest Tom N Artie Tales page is live. Artie is being really good at stealth while Tom has his own issues with their bounty target.

tapas.io/episode/1435927

Attached: TNA Mini 5 Letters Page 08-01.png (1032x1568, 2.17M)

She has a hard life
I can't wait!

man I never got to go on crazy adventures with my baby sister looking for cats under chairs

THEN DO IT!

>TMNT 4
what

rough sketch, is it clear that it's a mirror?

Attached: Twin Genie P5- Dee Sketch.jpg (900x637, 71K)

Well nothing about it matches up, so no
Mirrors can be very confusing though

the one that came after the third one but before the shitty reboot

She's magic, so it's not supposed to match up

Well then your aim is screwed from the start. But maybe if most of it matched up except for one or two aspects, it would read better?

Wouldn't I just need another panel before this that does match up?

That's another way to go, sure!

My handwriting is garbage. Should I divert time from practicing art to practicing that so I can make a font from my own, or should I just use someone else's font for my stuff?

try practicing, you'll find it gets neater really quickly

practice how

Like this
Kid's handwriting books are unironically good practice

Attached: tracing.jpg (508x619, 150K)

Only that people wouldn't enjoy the darker elements of the story

I think I'll finish my chapter this Monday, which is nice. I've spent way too long on it already.

tapas.io/series/Dr-B-Goodlove

Attached: ch4 pg43.png (900x1268, 482K)

Attached: ch4 pg44.png (900x1268, 344K)

I have two.

My big one is that I'm afraid of not being able to keep a schedule. I'm afraid that keeping myself to a schedule will turn drawing into a job and make me hate it. Also, since my comic's lewd, I'm afraid my art won't be good enough for people to jack it t, especially if I have to/decide to stylize it to make the actual drawing easier and keep to a schedule better.

I don't need to orgasm to enjoy lewdness. It's beautiful in its own right.

just saw this post. which one are you talking about, swimming pool one, or one year anniversary? I dont think this one looks too great but I like it anyway

Attached: 1year anniversary.png (2863x4082, 799K)

This one! I think it looks great.

Still, I feel like if it's lewd, it requires a better baseline of art. A lewd comic can't get away with stick figures or sprites like a comedy comic can, for instance.

There are suprisingly few well-drawn lewd comics. I think you'll be fine.

It depends. if it's just a lewd comedy, sure. If you're trying to get people to actually rub the nub, yeah you need better art.

Tweaked and so on. I think it's a marked improvement. Landscapes are more fun than I expected.

Attached: CI_Ch1_Pg81.png (940x1216, 809K)

Attached: CI_Ch1_Pg82.png (940x1216, 987K)

That's a good point. I guess I could do what some artists do and not really do a full comic, but have most of my pictures in the same continuity or something like that, if that makes sense. At least until I can draw the characters faster.

Yeah I enjoy just imagesets as an art format.

Some Eren sketches I did this month

Attached: erensketches.png (1100x1700, 787K)

So much personality. She definitely speaks with her hands.
dem feet doe

practice feet

where can I post stories to get critique?

here, i will critique your comic for free

I just wrote out the outline, unsure where to go from there

>outline
alright now you actually make the story

oh i like her. she just screams personality.
i could tell exactly what she was like without any reading at all.

Am I the only one who does this autistic bullshit?
When I'm alone busy writing or drafting I find it fun to act out character lines or do sound effects. I find it more fun when I get really into it.

Attached: eijisfx.png (767x583, 449K)

I do that too. Even dramatic poses or hand gestures that the character might be doing.

duh, where do you think I get all the references for my comic?

well i cant draw from imagination so i actually have to use myself as a reference to do poses or my hand for gestures

I'm glad i'm not the only one honestly.

>Even dramatic poses or hand gestures that the character might be doing.
>where do you think I get all the references for my comic?
Id die if someone got a hold of the picture of me doing this pose.

Attached: hildastance.png (582x884, 119K)

(Starting to feel some level of burnout but I wanna at least finish this first "chapter")

Attached: Vector-and-Raster-6.png (1629x1226, 481K)

This is pretty normal. Hickman's early work was just photos of him and his friends with a filter over them because he couldn't afford an artist.

the patented laundry mom gay is finally infecting devils moon.

Attached: bery bery gay.png (622x887, 269K)

the only way i write

Could someone explain how I fucked up this face? I know I did, but I'm not sure how. I just can tell the left side is wrong somehow.

Attached: Comic16.png (3072x3024, 226K)

you need to learn to draw first, then make comics

I know exactly what this guy means. Fuckin repetitive-ass areas and then finally you see something new...

Latest chapter is done.

endgamewastaken.the-comic.org

Attached: cover (complete).png (900x1238, 468K)

That's just good healthy bonding between friends.

what

Boy you are just trying so hard. I admire the heck out of your efforts, and I'm glad you're not giving up.
Let's explain the two most fundamental things you did wrong:
1. the circle guide for teh head is nothing like a circle. Now sure, neither is a head... but then you went and followed it exactly. No room for the hair coming off of the skull even.
2. you drew a random line through the middle and considered that your eye guide line.. See how that line doesn't mean anything because it's just a shape you made without regards to anything? That's why your eyes ended up haphazardly placed.
Now for some tips:
Good job on the chin line and ear height, but don't forget a head turned to the side is going to have more of a side view to the ear.
a line through the 'front' of the face will help guide your placement of the nose
Eyes never just fall off the side of the face with half an eye visible due to the existence of the eye socket and our front-facing-eyes nature. If a head is rotated, you will need to draw each feature insperspective, including the eyes. That means the eye will be reduced horizontally, and you'll have to start thinking about the round front edge of an eye as viewed from the side. You'll get it!

Nah man that's fucking fun.

>insperspective
in perspective*
I'm not sure what happened there.

Okay since I cant decide which angle you're trying to draw I just drew both.
If it's A, you need to adjust his right eye (your left, his right) and you'll at least have them in proper place.

if it's B it's a bit more complicated. turn a head enough and the nose will begin to block some of the cheek, and at some angles the eye itself. but your characters nose is too flat, and too far right to block anything.

in both cases you need to use your guide lines more, I rarely start a head without using guide lines, they are not just for structuring the face but for structuring the entire head. don't just use them to give the head a circle shape, use it to structure the head.

shes just giving her a nice hug to get her anger out, I swear.

Attached: hyw tip thing.png (889x816, 145K)

How would I go about designing a character with braces?

1. design character
2. if teeth showing, draw braces on. Usually little squares with a connecting line will do, unless it's a super closeup.
3. add cum globs, if you are so inclined.

Like this

Attached: 50e4ff5585f01c438ebfbf8a21faa22c.jpg (652x815, 68K)

>Usually little squares with a connecting line will do
People also like to use Xs sometimes, that's pretty fun too.

Yeah I think that suggests the newer kind of braces where the pads themselves are clear but the attachments are still metal. I'm not sure. in fact I'm not sure I even believe braces are valid.

Anyone want their scripts read?

Judging by the response, I now realize
I'm weird for not doing this.

Attached: 77b19c7673848a46b3a3b7454de780db.jpg (960x959, 200K)

more homosex.

Attached: homosex.png (633x861, 237K)

I'm not sure what's funnier, using a human face as an expression guide for fucking birds, or that the animator is apparently 80s Dustin Hoffman.

>I'm not sure what's funnier, using a human face as an expression guide for fucking birds

Come on.

I'm actually not sure what would be stranger, using them for realistic birds, or that particular brand of Disney cartoon birds who bear no resemblance to real birds.
It might help slightly with the eyes, but even those are so massive it's almost alien to make the comparison. You have to learn an entirely new facial language when you have new appendages like those grotesque beaks to deal with.
That's why that Summer Camp Island show just did away with it and drew elephants with tiny, vaguely trunkesque noses.

Real animals don't emote like humans, and they're not nearly as facially animate as we are. Why would you try to use real animals as your source for anything other than the most basic of design purposes?

Disney's animals are pretty much exclusively anthropomorphic, so its just exaggerated human expression. You're not really going to get much facial expression out of an actual bird other than things like; Eyes dilating and feathers and plumes standing up.

This

I think you misunderstood me pretty hard
My point is the way you animate a beak like that is so abstract and weird, it bears no resemblance to a human face, real or cartoon. You would get about as much help by looking at a list of emoticons

dunning kruger effect is hitting you pretty hard right now

But you're still just basing it off of human expression and animation. Birds also don't have arms and hands like they do in that pic.

Looks totally different to me. Like that weird expression cartoon birds regularly do where their upper bill rises up strangely while they laugh, unrelated to any expression a human or bird would make (it's nothing like what the upper lip does in any expression, and noses/upper beaks don't articulate). The closest approximation is when someone scrunches their nose up, but that's me stretching to find a human facial expression comparison.
A lot of cartoon stuff is just invented for cartoons, having no basis in reality and having nothing to do with anthropomorphization, just someting a weird guy drew and everyone else copied him. Anyone who's watched any cartoons shouldn't need that explained to them.

expected gay, but this is the hot kind of gay

please just ignore the bait >108542007

seems like rudolf's spine has finally regenerated, nice

feel bad for the good doctor though

Why are blondies' fingers so tiny?

if it wasnt for how obvious it is they gonna end up together, id say goodlove is the villain.

I keep drawing them at different sizes. ill fix that when I resketch

Attached: Annotation 2019-07-05 232357.png (918x515, 121K)

Looks like they start at the right thickness but then taper too much down to tiny little skinny points
Your thumbtips are perfect, try to match those.

i mean that's the whole draw of the comic isn't it? falling in love with an ethically ambiguous scientist girl

Thank you both greatly.

New thread guy, you ready?

Yup, just waiting.

You're so reliable.
I only keep asking because if you weren't, I'd want to know ahead of time so I could.

based ntg

Art advice from Bob for thread

Only when I remember
I was going to post over an hour ago saying new thread was ready, but I got distracted by youtube videos. Again. My bad

I'm going to wind up with a swelled head if you keep saying stuff like that lol

Attached: bob_wisdom.jpg (1080x732, 58K)

Migrate

It's not bump though

>plants arent living beings

what the
we were on page 10... but a bunch of posts got deleted?
Yanni you crazy sumbitch, keep us guessing.

It was at 508 posts. Jani's doing last minute cleanup again. Deleted the new thread too.

So what got deleted? I don't remember anything in this thread being worthy of it.

>back to page 2

This is my nightmare.

Why would anyone do this? and how are they possibly that vigilant that they'd see it IMMEDIATELY?

well anyway I guess make the same thread again, I even had a thing prepared to say on the topic

Twinks can't be raped, their boypussies can feel when an alpha male is nearby and naturally loosens in preparation to receive cock.

A bump post for sure. I'm not sure what else, but they must've been ones without replies.

I have no idea. Jani is probably just having fun. This is the second time though, it happened last thread too.
For the next thread everyone should try and keep convo going well past the bump limit so this doesn't happen again.

Woah, wait
Who reposted the new thread?

>they must've been ones without replies.
I've seen a lot of replies-to-deleted-posts getting deleted regardless of their content. I think someone really doesn't wanna get caught.

>it happened last thread too.
alright, remind me later and/or next time, I have a mod I'm relatively friendly with I can ask to look into this. In the meantime there's Yea Forums feedback.

Alright, I'll keep that in mind.

Since someone already reposted the thread I'm going to go get some sleep. If it gets deleted again and no one manages to make another I'll do it when I get up
(not going to post the link just in case it does get deleted)

Have a good night, and happy comicking!

How many studies should I be doing