What is your personal favorite calarts style cartoon

They can't all be bad, whats your favorite/one you at least thing is better than the others.
Im a gumball fan myself.

Attached: CalArtsLogostack_260x260.png (260x260, 26K)

but gumball doesn't just have calarts animation so it doesn't count.

Clarence

We're never gonna drop the term "calarts" are we?

no

scott pilgrim

>head of the main characters hard stuck in 3/4 view
>no side, frontal or top views
Seems very Calarts

None of them, everything ever made by a Calarts alumni is shit, even if they only had a small part to do with the creation of the project, it still made it shittier with their input.

I hate this hipster ass school.

It is Calarts.
It might not have started there, but it's were it really took hold and anyone coming out of there has some sort of version of it.
It's also easy to say and remember.

It is, but at least Gumball has talent behind it.
So it's not so obtrusive, and it does not follow the usual color pallete thank God.

The "cal arts" style is only loosely aplicable to maybe 5% of the show.

By your logic it's also a live action, CGI, and puppet show.

>the main characters that get over 90% of the screentime are just 5% of the show

Calarts is very nice for a laugh and internet dramas. Everyone can laugh at it pointing the finger.

Is Mickey Mouse calarts, Yea Forums?

When you have professionals using it, even ones that went to the school, it's doomed.

Go back to class.
You spent all that money after all.

>50k/year tuition for a career path that requires you to work longer hours and pays less than the national average

how the hell are they getting away with this

does everyone go in expecting to be the next walt disney or something

modern spongebob

I'd do it, sign me up for those loans pronto

Like Calarts are the only ones. At least they are tricking people from buttfuck nowhere that they can be Miyazaki.

Attached: unnamed.jpg (900x900, 42K)

No.
The ears are a stylish choice. Everything else about Mickey is drawn dimensionally. A CalArts student wouldn't be able to do this.

Attached: micke40smodelsheet.jpg (752x600, 107K)

People have gotten privy to how shitty AIs are though
Before the internet it was way worse

Idk, they all look exactly the same to me.

Attached: beans.jpg (750x1012, 345K)

>another shitty buzzword thread

Breadwinners is pushing it but everything else is accurate

You're right, lemme fix that

Attached: beans2.jpg (750x1012, 345K)

>posts a character with a different head shape

I gotchu boo

Attached: beans2.jpg (750x1012, 359K)

Reminder they stopped classes for a day because of this.

Attached: IMG_0746.jpg (1024x683, 174K)

Because you pay an easier way into the industry, assuming you're very passionate about it and not just do the bare minimum.
You can learn all the skills on your own, but it'll be harder.

Attached: IMG_0257.png (1400x6521, 2.92M)

why do they love beans so much. this shit is ugly as hell

BROS, WHAT IF, LIKE, WHAT IF - HEAR ME OUT - WHAT IF THIS STYLE HAS BEEN AROUND FOR DECADES AND YOU'RE SCAPEGOATING IT BECAUSE IT'S POPULAR RIGHT NOW.

Attached: CalArts 1979.png (640x480, 349K)

From 4th to 6th just look fucking disgusting.

Did you know "calarts" is just a meme, and people only use it to sperg about simplistic art styles? Come on, OP.

>Putting a character with rounded face in "le ebin bean faces meme"
We are reaching Sad frog tier bastardization.

Attached: 1442095782080.png (715x452, 95K)

Mmmmm that's sum good Cirno~!

Attached: And I Beheld Lucifer as He Fell From Heaven Like Lightning.jpg (400x384, 65K)

t. calarts alumni

>You can learn all the skills on your own, but it'll be harder.

lol most jp artists learn all these things themselves. another american excuse for being lazy

South Park. The backgrounds/storyboard artists are mostly from CalArts.

Attached: South.Park.S20E04.720p.HDTV.x264-AVS[eztv].mkv_snapshot_02.55_[2016.10.13_22.17.44].png (1280x720, 1.2M)

Attached: 1561306915162.png (666x713, 78K)

Attached: 1561308924951.jpg (800x800, 79K)

Japanese artists take classes too, you know.

this was big help user thanks.

What if he is one of those people? There might have been some meaning to the word "calarts" but like you said, it's overused for just about anything. It boils down to another word for people to use to describe something they don't like.

Attached: ae6eb0586bc77c4eedbb4c88268bb9e1.jpg (1280x1440, 159K)

Who's that?

A shitty FotM waifu from a bad anime. If you're still interested in knowing who it is, it's from Zero Two from Darling in the Franxx.

no. almost all otakus unironically learn themselves. art schools are for actual painters. its so fucking expensive no otakus/manga artists can go there. also, drawing cartoon shit isnt still considered as something academics treat.

you uploaded an image about normal drawing technique. i was just mentioning it. those who want to be animators go to animation schools like yoyogi.

>Cirno having that much muscle definition
1st mastery is the best. Anything afterwards looks like your typical western guy trying to emulate anime.

Attached: 1462112237707.png (886x1389, 2.55M)

Best girl

As long as they keep making cartoons where the characters all have bean heads and worm grins, no, we're not dropping the term any time soon.

What's that other big art school in Cali that sounds a bit like CalArts? An artist friend of mine took some classes there. At first I thought they said they were going to Cal Arts, but it was an other big one.

Holy shit, how did I not notice this before. CalArts = California Arts. Fuuuuuck.

I think I got somewhere between 1st and 2nd back in high school and then just gave up on drawing. Ended up writing comic strips with my artist roommate for our college paper. I did do some inking sometimes.

Academy of Art in San Francisco?

I took a tour at this school and all the art on the walls was crap an the teachers didn't seem to know anything outside of 3d animation, they seemed to look down on traditional animation for some reason.

>looking down on traditional animaition
That legit pisses me off.

and it looks like shit, the whole show looks like shit, that's part of the joke

>traditional animation
americans dont animate 2d cartoons anymore so that makes sense.

but that highest level of mastery is absolutely horrible, it doesn't have anything to do with good realistic anatomy

inb4 you fucks can't even see it; look at the arms, that's some t-rex shit. is she deformed? why are her arms so short?

Almost Naked Animals
Fish Hooks
The Amazing World of Gumball
Scaredy Squirrel
Amphibia
Camp Lakebottom
Numb Chucks
SpongeBob SquarePants

Gumball, Adventure Time and Regular Show, you know. Back when it was actually fresh, interesting and new.

The fuck. I also did not know this.

probably artcenter

Attached: 1548102227684.png (528x282, 43K)