What is the Yea Forums equivalent to Bubblegum Crisis?

What is the Yea Forums equivalent to Bubblegum Crisis?

Attached: 5c4752fce0d597de386bd6be5f6e4d9f.jpg (823x600, 85K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pn49zxXRHhA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bubblegum_Crisis#Legacy
ravensgarage.com/bgcnukem/bgcnukem.html
sys.4channel.org/co/imgboard.php?mode=report&no=108462446
youtu.be/Dq2Gsk-G6Eo?t=402
youtube.com/watch?v=0ru_OnhhveM
youtube.com/watch?v=SgoG-AMtd5g
youtube.com/watch?v=FjXJrkxQeAE
youtube.com/watch?v=EcjyHE1YzZw
youtube.com/watch?v=F90CGsxgZ3g
youtube.com/watch?v=TJpUHgpmd0g
youtube.com/watch?v=lEOvn2IaLMM
youtube.com/watch?v=U65YTYHmwsM\
mangadex.org/title/14460/kenrantaru-grande-sc-ne
youtube.com/watch?v=Y8eE8wQjIc4&list=PLuc42f6Y7cV1CK4vRJZ_nwXuOhLWnb9f-
atla.fans/archives/ipbible.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=09IA7FJkwKk
youtube.com/watch?v=CZTJ1guQwMo
youtube.com/watch?v=hcgsEd1hfvo
youtube.com/watch?v=kfWzonnY1cI
youtube.com/watch?v=hFfw4okoJO8
youtube.com/watch?v=hyO6W_KVsWE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Attached: il_794xN.1546284007_q3l0.jpg (794x907, 155K)

what?

What's it about

i thought it was cool as a kid. don't remember much of it, though.
youtube.com/watch?v=pn49zxXRHhA

technically this

Attached: silverhawks.jpg (279x304, 41K)

>Series ended early due to behind the scenes drama where two of the secondary creatives use a joke about the show to spin off something more significant.

Not sure, really.

Okay fine, that comes pretty close.

ah another /m/ poster.

Attached: sample_fe9e00eb96c8433c48dcf42e4f32e3d3.jpg (850x566, 90K)

Power armor ≠ mecha

You could have EASILY said Ironman or something like that.

user, can you expand on this? What happened, and what was the spin-off?

There isn't one. Bubblegum Crisis is a fairly unique-ish premise. It certainly stands out as its own thing at any rate.

Is it weird that I want comic!Peni and movie!Peni to meet and become best friends?

Never mind, found it:

>Masaki Kajishima and Hiroki Hayashi, who both worked on the Bubblegum Crisis OAVs, cite the show as being the inspiration for their harem series Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Ohki. In an interview with AIC, Hayashi described Bubblegum Crisis as "a pretty gloomy anime. Serious fighting, complicated human relationships, and dark Mega Tokyo." They thought it would be fun to create some comedy episodes with ideas like the girls going to the hot springs, but it was rejected by the sponsors. He also said that there was a trend to have a bunch of characters of one gender and a single one of the other gender, and asked what if Mackey (Sylia's brother) was a main character, reversing the Bubblegum scenario. This idea then became the basis for Tenchi. Hayashi said that Mackey is "sort of" the original model for Tenchi.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bubblegum_Crisis#Legacy

Holy shit, that's crazy. I had no idea Bubblegum Crisis is the reason for the modern harem plague.

Somehow, I keep thinking I'm the only person who watched and enjoyed Bubblegum Crisis. Glad to see others liked it too.
>tfw playing BGC mod for Duke Nukem 3D back in 97

You got to do what?
I want to do that now.

>Is it weird that I want comic!Peni and movie!Peni to meet and become best friends?
no, you just have a soul

Its sad how many boomer anime fandoms I got the tail end of will eventually fade away due to the fickleness of Japanese fans. BGC, Escaflowne, Ranma, Akira, even things that are still running like Guyver and Alita really have little to no relevance with modern anime fans.

I love Bubblegum Crisis so badly, goodness.

Me too, it is sad.
*hugs*

>Max Ray
>Jake Rockwell
>Ace McCloud

Those names... Oh gosh.

Also Bubblegum Crisis.

Attached: Adam Warren.jpg (418x640, 65K)

Oh cool

It's really not very good.

Well someone should make a comic series about it really good then, cuz I would love to read it then.

There's Nene and Priss Duke Nukem 3D conversion mods, a Linna Redneck Rampage conversion mod, and a Sylia Shadow Warrior conversion mod. You can find download links to all four here:
ravensgarage.com/bgcnukem/bgcnukem.html

One of the first comics I ever pirated. Shit was pretty cash.

>there's a Bubblegum Crisis themed full conversion mod for Doom
Every day that passes gives me yet another reason to hate video games

Sym-bionic Titan

I'll look into that, is it good?

>a Linna Redneck Rampage
Really? Of all the things.

Attached: Bubblegum_Crisis_Tokyo_2040_01_[DVD.H264.AC3].mkv_snapshot_08.30_[2019.03.30_00.19.44].jpg (704x480, 45K)

Marvel went through this weird phase with girls in power suits (Pepper, Riri, Toni Ho, etc) and if they weren't incompetent they could have had the western version of the knight sabers.

Attached: Surprise-e1372986876633.jpg (632x488, 49K)

It's so weird. You search pixiv for those shows and its like they never existed at all.

Anime fans in Japan seem like the exact opposite of comic fans in America.

Well I'm glad that we have the girls in powersuits instead.

Hey I had that idea as well. Marvel is indeed retarded.

Oh shit is that Adam warren?

Attached: RCO001.jpg (988x1524, 695K)

your lucky Gundam became a soulless huck of its self.

Not really. You've got the hardcore otaku who are heavily focused on the current stuff but outside a couple of the classics largely haven't experienced anything from prior to their interest starting, the casuals who simply follow what's popular, and the normies who don't really have a lasting interest in the majority of what's put out. You've got to consider the age of some of those examples.

It would be so fucking easy too. It's not like Bubblegum Crisis is high art, they just made their characters cute and cool and had really good mechanical deigns.

You know I think it's really saying a lot when Japan just let their female heroes be sexy and cool without making a fuss over things and they ended up just being much better characters for it.

Attached: [animepaper.net]picture-standard-anime-iria-iria-picture-7088-jacksparrow-preview-152c97ff.jpg (719x1000, 173K)

I think an Americanized cartoon for Bubblegum Crisis would be cool.

I think you're a faggot.

This.

Attached: birdie001.jpg (982x1200, 279K)

I think you should choke on a knife

I think your opinion doesn't matter.

Sometimes I want to see a western take on Birdy the Mighty, but then I remember that Marvel or DC would just turn it into tranny propaganda or kill her off for shock value.

Attached: 1360126172644.jpg (480x270, 23K)

Harems were a staple of anime comedy long before Tenchi,, user.

Birdy, when you think about it, is a different take on Rick Jones & Mar-Vell or Genis.

That's why I think a Western take would be a neat idea.

A western take of what?

I want to see Birdy as a character in Marvel or DC.

Attached: birdy_water.webm (640x480, 2.43M)

Oh wonder how that would look. Neeto

there aren't many guys in power armor is there?

Sure there. Loads of em.

Attached: Active Raid - 04 [720p].mkv_snapshot_10.10_[2019.05.06_21.36.39].jpg (1280x720, 122K)

Attached: tekkamanmain.jpg (429x165, 22K)

Attached: guyver 3.jpg (1092x1200, 238K)

Attached: mospeada.jpg (540x540, 97K)

Im stopping here but you get the idea

Attached: borgman.jpg (1280x720, 159K)

Okay cool, they look nice

Power extreme you dorks

Zeiram was the shit but I've not seen that show yet

I read this series in manga mania back in the early 00s.

It was pretty fun if a bit trashy.

I might be a bit biased because it was my first "real" anime but I still like the OVA a lot. If you just want a nice simple action babe vs monster alien you can do a lot worse.

Attached: iria 33.jpg (704x1000, 302K)

Exactly. It's not that fucking difficult.

Attached: 1468999925791.webm (714x480, 2.33M)

Attached: birdy_wall.webm (640x480, 2.63M)

didn't he make them popular in the US?
Was there a dub?

yes

i always confused her with this one (same author i know)

Attached: dna2_919.jpg (752x678, 64K)

I'm genuinely surprised that Ranma hasn't been given some kind of modern reboot already. It seems like it has a nostalgic following to warrant it, and its premise lends itself surprisingly well to modern anime culture.

Kyoani does Ranma would be a slam dunk, basically just Dragon Maid with kung fu and genderswapping.

any more Yea Forums characters like Bubblegum Crisis?

Ranma is kind of a concept that could only exist at that time

now it's either too fetishistic to pass, people would either call it exploitative or degenerate, no middle ground.

The PPG's would work on mecha suits .

Attached: 1550879742414.jpg (1000x552, 394K)

Attached: 8ae3c217386eeaabd41c25e5b966d1e4--cyberpunk-anime-manga-anime.jpg (707x1131, 195K)

Did that movie ever come out or no?

>Dat OP
So cool

Yeah, Keita Amemiya and Masakazu Katsura are both pretty based

Attached: snake sword.gif (540x363, 1.96M)

And not gonna LIE, Katsura is partly the reason Im hyped for Astral Chain

Attached: astral-chain.jpg (1280x720, 234K)

What is the Yea Forums equivalent to Genocyber?

Attached: gc19.jpg (600x943, 91K)

¡Poder Supremo!

But if writers just make cool characters without the virtue signaling, how would they get favors on twitter? Is not like they can draw.

I miss the 80s aesthetic.

I hate to keep bitching about old vs new anime but it's just astounding how much has changed. People can't even animate things like fire or light sources anymore and just toss in cheap after effects

Attached: Heroic.Legend.of.Arslan.Ep01.x264.AC3_Simu.mkv_snapshot_48.03_[2019.06.27_01.41.16].jpg (1024x576, 70K)

Attached: anime art.webm (320x320, 2.71M)

he worked really hard on that dang

Yes. Yes he did. Animators had to put in a lot of effort. And I'm aware it's unfair to compare high budget movies to TV anime but there was a lot more labors of love when it took time to make stuff.

Attached: Vampire Hunter D - Bloodlust [1080p][x265][10-bit][Dual-Audio].mkv_snapshot_00.47.05_[2019.07.02_17. (1920x1038, 264K)

Now that techniques and tools are much more advanced i find it pretty inexcusable that animators don't take advantage of them to obtain similar results.

Sometimes you see impressive, beautiful backgrounds, Gravity Falls had them, even SU did nice backgrounds a few times, but the bar is still very low.

No, it's boring as shit and the mech design is ugly and dull.

Yoshiaki Kawajiri might have made shlock but by god was it pretty, stylish and well animated shlock. Shame the experience of doing that Highlander anime movie (specifically getting dicked around by Hollywood producers hacking the thing to pieces) pissed him off enough that he effectively retired with a proper Ninja Scroll 2 done the way he wants to do it (i.e. him doing the directing, designs and storyboarding with minimal interference) being the only thing that could ever bring him back.

Kyoani Ranma would be utter shit. Honestly the thing that would probably be best suited for them would be adapting Kenrantaru Grande Scene since, whatever issues I have with them, the dancing scenes would be animated decently.

Though speaking of Ranma I'm honestly surprised that some committe/studio didn't try to push for a new Yawara series leading up to the Olympics given what a massively successful series that was (it aired in the time slot right after Ranma and got way better ratings).

Kind of a shame that that's the closest we'll get to an older anime aesthetic and even then it's just modern dark battle seinen art style with a somewhat neon gloss. Not really any different than anything I'd see out of shit like Tokyo Ghoul or Jagaaaaaan.

out of all the things, this is a reason? are you a faggot or something?

makes me feel like wanting to make animated stuff.

Making very detailed power armor suit characters using this method is so wonderful

No, it's some other grumpy bearded New England comic book author that was influenced by anime in the 80s. Yes. Yes, it's him.

The closest thing I can thing of is OtGW.

Attached: tumblr_nf2ilqq1C11r0bhnuo3_500[1].gif (500x281, 1.12M)

The only thing I know about this show is that is was a ramke/sequel of a 80s property I never saw, and that the main girl ends up naked in the last episode.

Attached: B4tuZyxCUAAsIN4[1].jpg (490x476, 78K)

2 options

Disney shit copy

Attached: images.jpg (600x300, 35K)

I knew I had the first issue of Adam Warren's BGC somewhere, so here's a storytime.

Attached: bgc-000.jpg (400x600, 69K)

Or this amazing boring fantastic old movie that makes no money.

Attached: 51luCu165fL.jpg (375x500, 48K)

It's got a bit of a different tone to the original, especially Priss.

Attached: Bgc-001.jpg (626x989, 285K)

Attached: Bgc-002.jpg (621x983, 291K)

Attached: Bgc-003.jpg (637x1019, 370K)

True sequel.

Rock and rule
Techno police 21C
BGC 2032
BGC Crash
AD police
BGC 2040 didn't count.

Attached: Bgc-004.jpg (634x1019, 345K)

Attached: Bgc-005.jpg (626x1014, 340K)

Attached: Bgc-006.jpg (618x975, 295K)

Kill yourself, Yea Forumsutist. Everyone else, report him for breaking >>>/global/rules/4 >>>/global/rules/10 and >>>Yea Forumsrules/1
sys.4channel.org/co/imgboard.php?mode=report&no=108462446

Priss is a babe

that is all

Attached: Bgc-007.jpg (612x955, 280K)

Attached: Bgc-008.jpg (623x1033, 319K)

Attached: Bgc-009.jpg (623x1025, 332K)

Attached: Bgc-010.jpg (618x989, 317K)

Attached: 1500521732276.gif (200x150, 1005K)

Attached: Bgc-011.jpg (643x1033, 323K)

Attached: Bgc-012.jpg (623x964, 312K)

Attached: Bgc-013.jpg (632x1019, 319K)

Attached: Bgc-014.jpg (640x1019, 343K)

Attached: Bgc-015.jpg (615x975, 283K)

He was asked for the equivalent thing in Yea Forums dude.
That is kirikiri passed.

Attached: Bgc-016.jpg (611x962, 392K)

Attached: Bgc-017.jpg (611x962, 261K)

Attached: Bgc-018.jpg (611x962, 370K)

Attached: Bgc-019.jpg (643x975, 404K)

I liked Decode but they made Tsutomu too bland instead of using him for Buster Keaton comedy like the original.

Attached: birdy_math.webm (640x480, 2.83M)

Attached: Bgc-020.jpg (617x975, 359K)

Attached: Bgc-021.jpg (632x1022, 419K)

>boomer rampage

Attached: 1537942607501.png (680x582, 358K)

Attached: Bgc-022.jpg (631x1022, 423K)

Attached: Bgc-023.jpg (639x1022, 410K)

Attached: Bgc-024.jpg (618x972, 391K)

Alright, that's all I got.

Attached: Bgc-025.jpg (618x972, 381K)

A Yea Forumsx/m/ thread.... on Yea Forums? Neat

But that's wrong retard. /m/ has better iron man threads than here. Better transformers threads too.

>You get one of the best OVAs ever
>But you have to suffer through twenty years of mediocre soiboy fantasies

It was worth it

So who were Warren's biggest artistic influences besides the obvious ones of Shirow and Sonoda?

Bubblegum Crisis has an American comic book, fuck off. You think Yea Forums watches anything from the 80s that's isn't dragonball? You're stupid.

I discovered it through Gunsmith Cats, and damn did it make me fall in love with Sonoda's work.
God bless that sick, sick man.

You're forgetting the four VERY dedicated Rose of Versailles fans.

It was my first real anime all the way back in '93. Pic related, read about it in a TurboGrafx magazine of all places. Still using the BGC mousepad AnimEigo sold twenty-five years later and still bumping the vocal collections.

Attached: turboforce jan 1993 bgc article.jpg (1579x1024, 611K)

There's nothing really. A passion project created by a great team of some of the best talent of the time and heavily influenced by (at the time) cult foreign films and funded using an obscene amount of record company money to promote a singer and her band? It's incredibly hard to even get one of those things in Yea Forums productions, let alone the whole collection.

BGC is /m/, not Yea Forums, you Yea Forumsmblr idiot.

Mad Machine and Burning Highway are my prime 'speed limits? the fuck are they?" songs.

I need a bubble gum crisis suit really bad.

Hardsuits are good, but I'm not sure I'd look good in heels.

I want a symbiote version of one of those suits

Attached: 2040-6-009.jpg (640x480, 18K)

Jem is the Yea Forums equivalent of Bubblegum Crisis
Or maybe, Totally Spies

>Jem
Jem is just Creamy Mami with a computer instead of psychedelic aliens.

for me it's Akuma to Tesnhi no kissu

>Tesnhi

You had one job.

>that long pull of the sexroid's escape shuttle crashing into the atmosphere at the beginning of Moonlight Rambler
Yeah nigga yeah
youtu.be/Dq2Gsk-G6Eo?t=402

Attached: 1552109985136.gif (560x560, 265K)

The best song is Say Yes!.

>Top 5 BGC songs
Konya wa Hurricane
Mad Machine
Victory
Asu e Touchdown
Wasurenaide

>Honorable mention
Kodoku no Angel
Mr. Dandy

Also, here's the mousepad. It's beat to hell after two decades but I'm using it until it falls apart.

Attached: IMG_20160503_223318.jpg (3268x2275, 1.83M)

That is so sweet.

Where is this one from?

That's Iria, mate.

Attached: Iria flicks her bead.jpg (936x688, 206K)

Kawajiri basically perfected the 80's action movie. I have yet to see any contemporary capeshit that has this much SOUL.

youtube.com/watch?v=0ru_OnhhveM
youtube.com/watch?v=SgoG-AMtd5g

Attached: Birdy_Robot_Fight.webm (480x320, 2.89M)

Totally Spies was based off of Cat's Eye, even down to the names. The French dub names for the girls in Cat's Eye were Tam, Cylia, and Alex--not much different from Sam, Clover, and Alex.

Attached: Cats eye anime.jpg (564x800, 239K)

Weird. I love Cat's Eye but I never made the connection.

Apparently the reference was going to continue in Miraculous Ladybug, too--the original plan was for Chloe and Sabrina to be a mean girl trio with Alix, because Thomas Astruc worked on Totally Spies.

Oh fuck that's stylish

Are you fucking retarded? Bodysuits aren't mecha, and mecha is still usually anime.

If it has a control interface it’s mecha if it’s controlled through body movements it’s power armour

The ovas were so much better than the series

I liked the TV series.

Attached: b3188da15942a064207f83622df2395f.jpg (1024x768, 184K)

So did I, but then I rewatched everything bubblegum

Even Crash?

would like to see more superheroes using mechs but what kind of villain would they be fighting?

Didn't the TV show also get cancelled, like the original OVA?
I wish the original OVA got to reach its intended conclusion--this franchise never got the success it deserved.

Bad dudes in robots obviously.

Guyver's dead as hell, man. They're never finishing it.

I like the idea of people being born with superpowers, but most of them either keep their head down or turn into villianous assholes. There are almost no actual super-'heroes'.

The powered armor team fills that role instead. They don't have powers, just advanced technology, but their job is to take down actual supers with impossible abilities.

I should watch BGC

do something like Patlabor or this

Attached: LABOR.png (636x432, 446K)

First off, the term is giant robot, second, power armour is explicitly under the robot genre and is considered 'mecha' by the people who make the shows. Such delineations do not exist in Japan; they are imposed upon it by Western audiences who usually have very little experience of shows revolving around robots or powered armour.

Second, /m/ is EXPLICITLY for shows like Bubblegum Crisis and Yea Forums barely cares about anything that isn't currently airing.

Another silly made up rule that isn't respected at all in Japan who actually make the shows. Using the term mecha and imposing the 'well you need to pilot it' is a Western affectation mostly to try and pretend you're not watching either a superhero or a giant robot show. A Gundam is as much a giant robot as a Labor, an AT, a Buster Machine, a Heavy Metal, etc, etc, etc and they're the same Tetsujin 28, Giant Robo, etc.

Now the distinction between a giant robot and power armour is easier to make but it's still blurred; and then you have shows where people pilot their giant robots from within power armour (like, uh, Bubblegum Crisis for example where you have the motorslaves, where the bikes of the Knight Sabers transform into robots controlled by the Sabers in their hardsuits).

Most shows based around power armour tend to draw from sentai and such, but there again isn't a distinction drawn between them by the Japanese.

sentai also has giant robots and kaiju in it

thanks user!

warren's old stuff is strangely hard to find

fuck synthwave, this is the shit i want to see return

We do need more stuff like this.

I wish Ironheart was actually written as a good girl.

It's not actually a rule by anyone in the West either. The actual distinction is that powered armor is worn while mecha is piloted. However, the West doesn't really have a "mecha" genre to begin with, so such distinctions are kind of moot. You're far more likely to see the mecha stuff divided by how it is used in the story than anything. Transformers is alien invasion, Pacific Rim is giant monster, etc.

Would Kaiju be included into /m/?

>Didn't the TV show also get cancelled
No? It ran it's full 26 episode course. There where rumors of a follow up that never went through but it wasn't cancelled or anything.

Attached: 33f3a1feb6e53fff0d745d191c0e3dffe6be5eef.jpg (3489x3475, 1.52M)

Ah, that's what I meant. Looking into it, it's fascinating that ADV wanted to commission anime--it was very ahead of its time, considering what Netflix has been doing now--but it probably contributed to ADV's demise. There just wasn't as big of a market for it back then.

hey fuck you, synthwave is neat too

In Japanese terminology anything with mechanics is mecha. Tanks & planes are mecha. Toasters are /m/, this was determined literally a decade ago, the /m/-tan wields a toaster as his weapon.
But in practice, a power armor/suit is a mini mecha, and therefore /m/. We've gotten away with Berserk threads because of Guts Mechanical arm.

>boomer
I see what you did there.

Attached: kaiokek.jpg (200x176, 10K)

Aren't they both just Charlie's Angels?

Yeah. /m/ & Yea Forums have ALOT of the same threads.

Are thee any Yea Forums pedophile character designer, because that would help link a comic to BGC.

I love BGC but these days anything by Sonoda feels vaguely dirty.

Oh my god... I can't believe I didn't notice.

Attached: oh my god.png (830x617, 190K)

i fucking loved centurions as a kid
and the whole villain makes something that rebels and becomes the final villain thing is like bubble crisis 2040

Oh my god...

Are you flipping kidding, Berserk threads in /m/?

We need some of that Bubblegum Crisis more often in America.

>Mechanical arm
>Bioarmor
>Rickert making Da Vinci contraptions and war machines
It checks out

Alright, I suppose.

What do you guys think of a Netflix Western cartoon adaptation of BGC using traditional 2D watercolor paint?

If you sit in it then it's mecha.

If you wear it, it's a powersuit.

Tekkaman Blade was murky with them become armored themselves full-on transformed, but the human-made Sol Tekkaman suits were powered armor.

Attached: Sol Tekkaman.jpg (1024x652, 341K)

this

>Kodoku no Angel
>Konya wa Hurricane
>Victory
>Angels Dancing in the Thrill
Had a friend back in the NMDC days who had the entire OST and was kind enough to rip it for me. Good times.

I recently watched this OVA with this really advanced looking car and the Knight Sabers had to stop it.
It was DAMN good.

Are there any cartoons/animation at all that still use 2D cels and paint? Even anime that's still hand-drawn gets scanned into computers.
Though that would be amazing, if the right people were attached.
They'd probably make Priss lesbian or bisexual, though. Not that I'd mind.

Attached: priss and sylvie.jpg (956x720, 185K)

Creamy Mami's been on my watchlist for a while. Does it get as batshit as Jem does? Because I loved the crazy soap opera shit in Jem.

Attached: jem4.gif (240x179, 1.64M)

I wish I knew of any.

What if they made a Canadian Warframe animated show?

That's just a great action scene all around. Great fight choreography, a nice steady shot instead of constant cuts and trying to emulate shaky cam, NO FUCKING CGI BACKGROUNDS and such.

Only real issue I have with Birdy in terms of visuals is that it doesn't have his cooler, more blue/shadow heavy color palette.

Apparently Ed Edd n Eddy was the last cartoon to be animated with cels. It's a shame, I miss the hand painted quality in animation.

That is so sad.

What would a live action Netflix series of BGC be like fellas?

Attached: Nene-Romanova-Bubblegum-Crisis-Knight-Sabers-h.jpg (500x515, 56K)

There's the usual love triangle and soap opera stuff, as well as more supernatural science-fantasy elements like an alien Pegasus kidnapping a teenage girl on the day she's supposed to die so she can live forever in his parallel dream world.

>Dr. Stingray
AKA Dr. Nambu AKA Lance's Dad

Attached: Edward.jpg (853x480, 74K)

There's a softness to the look of traditional hand drawn and painted animation that's lost with digital. Also it's a shame the art of the great OP/ED has died. Stuff in anime tends to be remembered more for the song than the accompanying visuals meaning you're not getting anything that's both nice to hear and nice to look at.

youtube.com/watch?v=FjXJrkxQeAE
youtube.com/watch?v=EcjyHE1YzZw
youtube.com/watch?v=F90CGsxgZ3g

God I miss it.

Attached: guts and griffith.jpg (520x390, 42K)

>Yawara!
You are a (wo)man of taste. She's still one of my favorites.
Ame ni Kiss no Hanataba wo is also one of my favorite songs.
youtube.com/watch?v=TJpUHgpmd0g

Attached: yawara wave.gif (400x300, 1.41M)

Shame that AnimEigo only has 40 episodes out of the 100+.

>We will never get a true properly 2D animated Berserk anime in the same vein as the 97 series
Guts didn't deserve the 2016 treatment. How does anything allow that kind of thing.

Attached: GutsCrying.png (1014x1035, 345K)

Not to mention we won't see him wear the Berserker armor in that type of animation style either, it make me feel crazy.

Attached: figma_berserk_armor_guts_figure_exclusive_limited_edition_sp046_1507451085_6ecad77f0.jpg (1080x1080, 135K)

I'm surprised it got licensed at all, considering how Japanese it is. I do wish they got the full series.

Attached: yawara flowers.gif (540x405, 1.99M)

Im just a girl who can't say no

Attached: Berserk 12 (1080p, 10-bit)(B2580400).mkv_snapshot_15.28_[2019.06.25_03.02.17].jpg (1440x1080, 221K)

Griffith was going to originally be a girl.

Honestly? Should be TV-14 at least or MA.
Action/Violence should be somewhat similar to the first Robocop.
Characters should remain faithful to the originals (Sylia=Female Batman, Priss=Punk Chick, Linna=Frustrated OL, Nene=Inside Girl/Hacker)
Also, they should invest in puppetry rather than CGI to trigger real uncanny valley from people looking at boomers.
Being realistic, there is no way the story would develop in Tokyo, so it has to be in an earthquake prone city.

Attached: literallymern.jpg (500x276, 20K)

Should've stopped giving money to Miura until he finished the story

I'm guessing it'd be set someplace in California to make it more relatable to a Western audience. Even though NYC looks more like Tokyo than LA does, earthquakes happen so rarely that it was legitimately fucking weird when a small one happened a few years back.
Setting it in NYC would make Konya wa Hurricane a bit more literal, though.

What about SF?
The image of the Frisco Bay split in half with the ruins of the bridge being overlooked by and ever bigger one could give a good vibe of "conglomerates did everything right after the disaster, so clearly they should rule" that pervades in the story

youtube.com/watch?v=lEOvn2IaLMM

Looking up the skylines for Tokyo (above) and SF (below), I totally see what you mean. Plus keeping the setting in California would allow BGC to keep a bit more of its Blade Runner inspiration, even if it wouldn't necessarily be set in LA like Blade Runner was.

Attached: tokyo vs sf skylines.jpg (500x622, 172K)

Well the whole premise of the original was that Tokyo got so fucked that they had to bring in a lot of other countries to help fix shit. I think Linna is the only pure Japanese girl. Nene's part Russian and who knows what the fuck nationality Stingray is.

Yawara's a top tier waifu and it's a damn good series. It's definitely a product of its time but that's part of the charm; it's pure Bubble Era kino which makes it super comfy.

That said I don't like Yawara as drawn for the Complete Edition covers. She's still pretty but in Urasawa's current style she lacks the cuteness that really made her appealing and something about it just feels off.

What?

>Nene's part Russian and who knows what the fuck nationality Stingray is.
American or Brit, Priss' probably also a half from someone stationed in Okinawa

Comparing the original volume art to the Perfect Edition vol. 1, I can see that the original edition has her features drawn closer to the center of her face--it's a technique that's also done for chibi characters to make them look cuter. The Perfect Edition draws her features more outward and realistically. Is that the difference you mean?

Attached: yawara original vs perfect.jpg (696x499, 167K)

Literally what I said, Berserk's been milked for money, so Miura has no reason to push himself to keep writing since he's already financially secure.

Attached: 1545104621814.jpg (640x925, 273K)

>Must Pray idorumasteru

Which one do you think Miura likes. I bet he's a Takane fag.

Not a comparison, but if you're into judo girls, this series pretty fun

Attached: joshi.jpg (846x1200, 279K)

The original manga used a darker colour scheme. I'd like to see a prequel manga using these designs.

Attached: birdie002.jpg (488x1200, 267K)

My nigga.

Pretty much. She still has the '80s moe aesthetic in the original since it was published during the peak of that design phase. The redone version looks more prettier than cute which I don't think works as well for Yawara.

Does that even have translations? Mangadex has a listing for it but no chapters. Pic related is my current favorite ongoing series though. I mean technically ballet isn't a sport but there is a lot of attention paid to the competitions (in the magazine raws the characters just finished up the YAGP finals in New York which is IRL; tanks are still in the middle of it) so close enough.

Attached: s6.jpg (1152x1700, 1.68M)

>Does that even have translations?
No actually, I just look at it for the art

Captain Power 4 Life

Attached: CptPower.jpg (310x163, 14K)

Which manga is this?

>Yea Forums barely cares about anything that isn't currently airing
Too bad. Leave.

Tough guy over here

Attached: priss2sc.jpg (600x403, 35K)

Post examples of traditional art animation in clips, I need it.

If you think being direct seems tough, it explains a lot about you. Pic related, it's user.

Attached: 1501042743239.png (700x700, 126K)

we're not in Yea Forums user

youtube.com/watch?v=U65YTYHmwsM\

Max Steel is kinda like BGC

>SUfag can't into sarcasm.

God, Priss has great designs in both the TV and OVA. Both hot as hell, but in different ways.

I was working on a powersuit girl from the future before I even knew much about BGC.

Attached: Lancer.png (990x769, 691K)

The color scheme on the armor reminds me of the guy from Phantasy Star II. Do you have any more drawings?

Attached: Rolf_art.png (453x500, 312K)

Attached: L A N C E R.png (1445x674, 566K)

Attached: L A N C E R concept art.png (1227x798, 92K)

I appreciate that you like it sir.

I don't have anymore drawings of that suit, I wish I did.

No problem, it's cool that you made something to begin with, and that honest dedication is something I like seeing. Does this character have a backstory?

Believe it or not, I was maybe/maybe not going to make a full length animated film using watercolor paint to make it very detailed and the tone would be more mature, dark and gritty.

I say go for it. Even if it doesn't turn out well, you can at least say you did it. Life's too short to spend it wondering what could have been.
Also, nice digits.

Yes, she works inside the secret military service branch of the Avaadian Empire, it exists where a part of Russia used to be, she works as a military agent and a trooper.
Lancer's code name is named after a US stealth bomber craft, the B1 Lancer.

Here's the bomber.

Attached: 114962.jpg (3000x1954, 1.31M)

Yes, and? He's an Yea Forums refugee crying about how his board mistreats him, and wouldn't we be so kind to give him a home so he can post his Yea Forums shit here?

Attached: 6184a573a979bfc0e99c79a7166bb88c.jpg (500x373, 39K)

Thank you, I really want to try to make it for real now.

>post anti-SU pic
>get called an SU fag

Attached: raps game face.png (640x359, 202K)

Cool. Is there a group of agents like her, like in BGC?
Break a leg. Making something isn't always easy, but even the less rewarding parts have something to teach you. We live in a time when watching and making stuff is easier than it's ever been, so it's best to make use of it. I'm glad I could be of help.

Attached: goku thumbs up.gif (500x281, 610K)

Actually there are quite a lot of people like her, it's closer to around 1,000 service members.
She works mostly alone on her missions, the assignments range from assassination, spying, rescue, counter terrorism, sabotage and even just normal patrol, much like her fellow soldiers.

Thank you, it's a real pleasure hearing you say those words of advice and encouragement.
Maybe we can work on it together someday, who knows.

I see. So is it a "war is hell" kind of storyline?

Actually, It's kinda hard to tell what it is atm...
I wanted it to fall between calm and hardcore.

Are you going to post your draft of this somewhere? Maybe I could look it over.

I actually have all of this down in my head, sadly there is no draft, I don't know if I can make a draft right now, I'm also forming the concepts fairly careful.

I guess you could get it down in notes first, even if they're haphazard. You wouldn't want to forget details down the line.

I'll be right back, there's something I must take care of.

Yes, you're right.

I'm back, I'll jot some notes later.

He should finish the story...

The second half of this show is kino.

Big Hero 6, basically.

>When scifi channel devoted a whole day to the ova.

Good times.

God, I miss the 80s-90s anime style.

Attached: Lunar.Silver.Star.Story.full.801229.jpg (1024x768, 283K)

My only beef with it is the fucking mascots/familiars

Much like how a lot of what people like about retro video games was only present because of the hardware limitations of the time, what anime was like then was due to economic and cultural trends, as well as the medium on which it was spread. None of those things will ever come back because what made them exist in the first place will never come back.

And as technology continues to advance we'll move further and further away from those limitations that made those artistic creations possible and in to the triteness that we have now.

This is not a case of nostalgia as I was born after this "golden age" ended, nor is it a case of "le wrong generation", but just the reality of the way things are going: worse and worse over time. It's like anti-Whig History, were things are just regressing to a worse state as time goes on.

But going back to animation, one thing that these limitations caused, which I love, is how vibrant, or dark, the light sources were. You'd have lights made by shining a light through the back of the cell, and it would bleed slightly in to the surrounding scenery, as well as create a "real" light which digital media just can't capture. it's the same with blacks, which were blacker due to the nature of CRT televisions at the time.

What are you talking about?

Where do you think it should have started off from the 97 series?

I have the funny feeling that there are more shows like BGC, but they're pretty rare.

mangadex.org/title/14460/kenrantaru-grande-sc-ne

Attached: 14460v11.jpg (844x1200, 199K)

burn up W

Can you picture a really strong woman in a biomechanical armor suit?

Or just make more Patlabor. I'd watch the fuck outta some more of that.

What's that show like?

police using mechs that's about it.

youtube.com/watch?v=Y8eE8wQjIc4&list=PLuc42f6Y7cV1CK4vRJZ_nwXuOhLWnb9f-

Attached: Patlabor.png (638x438, 490K)

Oh wait I remember hearing about that, I'll have to watch that show, looks good.

There are two different continuities. One a is dramedy and the other is a serious thriller.

I already like them both.

The show was pretty bad, but man that OP slaps

I suppose some shows from the united states might have more power armor teams.

They're both a bit whacky and serious at times.

I agree, especially considering that Bubblegum Crisis' title is a reference to the Japanese bubble economy, which burst after the 80s and put the country into a recession that still affects them today.
I'm still hopeful that the development of new technologies, while it might not cause a return to the old methods of making things, would lead to some pretty cool shit down the road.
Still, the essence of cyberpunk will be around simply because parts of the world WILL be in dystopian crisis. The indie game Va11 HallA was made by a couple of Venezuelans, for example, and shit's real dark over there.

Attached: jill gif.gif (500x274, 446K)

Did you get the notes down?

No, but I have slept a while.

Same here, my time zone is EST so I really couldn't stay up much longer. You gonna get those notes done?

I'll start soon.

Alright, just make sure to get to it.

I've made Lancer's Personal Info card.

Attached: PI-Card.png (990x1694, 66K)

Anything about her personality? Likes and dislikes? Even a favorite food can say something about a character and make them feel more real.

She loves reading, watching movies, biking, paper crafts, fishing, collecting art and rocks and she likes listening to music

You should probably trim that a bit.

You can start off with limited notes about the characters and setting, and expand on them once you've gotten the gist of it down.
atla.fans/archives/ipbible.pdf
Here's the IP bible for Avatar the Last Airbender. The final product was expansive, but it all started from simple notes.

Yeah that sounds pretty okay,
I'll do that.

Is this show good?

Kiss my ass

>Still, the essence of cyberpunk will be around simply because parts of the world WILL be in dystopian crisis. The indie game Va11 HallA was made by a couple of Venezuelans, for example, and shit's real dark over there.

I'd argue cyberpunk is even more relevant everywhere else due to the near universality of surveillance states and economic dependence on technology. Not as flashy as fighting robots with mech suits but Amazon deploys drone fleets over cities and Facebook keeps profiles of you without even having an account just because your face metrics showed up in the background of somebody elses' photo.

Any progress on those notes?

I wrote a little bit, still working on it

Alright. Do you have a plan on where to post it, in case this thread dies before you're ready?

Google Docs

there any BGC games?

Bubblegum Crash had a very loose text adventure game for the PC Engine.

youtube.com/watch?v=09IA7FJkwKk

Oh gosh, that is very nice.

Almost every day

You'd have thought an arcade beat em up would have been a no brainer.

Attached: 1365462330609.jpg (2083x1402, 501K)

I wouldn't mind that.

Like you got four characters, make 7-8 stages maybe one of which is a motorcycle level because, fuck yeah, and call it a day.

>Techo Slums
>Fancier part of town
>Highway chase
>AD Police head quarters
>Another city street
>A shoot em up section with Motoslave in flight mode
>Genom Building

Boom.

Attached: Bubblegum Crisis 01 [1080p_Hi10P_Blu-Ray_FLAC] [Hark0n] [992BCB35].mkv_snapshot_08.57_[2018.07.26_04 (1440x1080, 224K)

anons, don't do this to me

Attached: yotsu (3).jpg (479x558, 48K)

The only thing Im gonna make you do is have a good day.

Wish there were modern BGC games.

This thread just reminds me of the sorry state of Yea Forums /m/aterial that isn't fucking transformers.

For some reason, all this talk of BGC games just made me think of Metal Warriors.
youtube.com/watch?v=CZTJ1guQwMo

Attached: snes_metal_warriors_p_0iqmyn.jpg (475x347, 30K)

Oh fuck, I want to play it.

There's good stuff out there if you know where to look.

Attached: 250px-Dynamo-joe01.jpg (250x391, 36K)

Is that a kitty?

That's a weird looking stray cat

Yes but it is still cute

those are sexy mechas

It's great, but my personal favorite mecha game is Gun Hazard.
youtube.com/watch?v=hcgsEd1hfvo

Attached: gun hazard.png (411x300, 202K)

Man, Amano can be really hit and miss.

Dax Griffin (young Hank Pym) from Ant-Man was in the commercial for it.
youtube.com/watch?v=kfWzonnY1cI

>Any answer involving giant robot shows

Attached: 1511750487946.png (345x325, 278K)

Is largo the most baller villain ever? Let the space laser wash over you

Attached: 31F95743-E114-448C-8D11-D5F69B6CA29F.png (619x500, 388K)

youtube.com/watch?v=hFfw4okoJO8

Did you get it down yet?

>I think an Americanized cartoon for Bubblegum Crisis would be cool.
Nowadays, it would most likely be done in CGI, and it would probably look like this:
youtube.com/watch?v=hyO6W_KVsWE

BTW, I'm surprised nobody's suggested Batman Beyond as the Yea Forums equivalent of Bubblegum Crisis yet.

Attached: seesBGC.jpg (753x945, 267K)

Because Beyond is the equivalent of Midnight Goku or Cyber City Oedo

Attached: Brainiac_Super_Friends_2.jpg (354x357, 22K)