Why was everybody against her becoming a police officer? I mean, they mention her being too small...

why was everybody against her becoming a police officer? I mean, they mention her being too small, but what about the mice city, the police department must have mice officers to patrol the mice citizens, you can't just send an elephant to chase a thief inside that place.

Attached: tgrtvg.jpg (736x1108, 57K)

Because she was literally a diversity hire; she got the job via legislation Bellweather forced through. She didn't get the job on merit and on her first day she demanded to be assigned high profile cases rather than prove herself on the job by starting at the bottom (meter maid) and working her way up. She then superseded her superior's authority, again, on her first fucking day. Then she made under the table deals with the fucking Shrew Mafia and incited a race war.

Everyone was against Judy being a cop because they knew she would be REALLY BAD at it.

because realistically speaking, she will be dead if the criminal is a lion, a bear or a big predator, there’s no way in shit she can compete with that
Maybe nick could tho
Also she can’t be in mice city forever because she would get bored

user they literally spend an entire montage to how she's the most qualified recruit in her class specifically to avoid being seen as a diversity hire.

That said, she did break half a dozen rules and incite a panic.Real police deal with the mafia all the time, though, so that's fairly realistic.

>Because she was literally a diversity hire; she got the job via legislation Bellweather forced through.

She didn't get the job because of the diversity initiative.

She got the OPPORTUNITY because of the diversity initiative.

Didn't they show her beating a bear or a rhino or something in a boxing match during her training montage?

you can say the same for any other non-predator officer, I mean, they have sheep officers, what can a sheep do against a lion or a bear? if you are gonna say they have tasers then they can also give one to her.

ah yes, I forgot the race war

>She got the OPPORTUNITY because of the diversity initiative.

It was a quota. They were required by law to hire a prey animal for the force regardless of qualifications. Judy was shown to be the ONLY prey animal to actually register and graduate from the police academy, so the job was hers and hers alone.

and you right there have summrized why multiculturalism is bad, good

The prey inclusivity legislation was pushed through by Bellweather (as part of her evil scheme) specifically for Judy. She was the only prey actively trying to graduate from the academy; the legislation was done exclusively for her benefit. And again, it was all part of Bellweather's plan because she knew that she could manipulate Judy.

>They were required by law to hire a prey animal for the force regardless of qualifications.

Why are you making things up?

This is literal bullshit because Chief Bogo is a bull -- a prey animal.

She still did extremely well on the tests and would be rejected regardless of the policy if she failed, so I fail to see a problem. Sure if someone more qualified got rejected because of her it would be but she was the most qualified in the end regardless of why she got allowed in at first. And the fact that she did not get assigned a higher position but started from the bottom shows that they weren't trying to push her beyond the initial opportunity at all.

Besides the political reasons, she is not actually physically fit for the job. She had to work harder to just to qualify. She has only ever been in one fight and she got through that by wacky cartoon opportunistic kicking. If a macro fauna catches her she cold be crumpled up like a papr cup.

Seriously, most of the force in zootopia have shits bigger than her.

She was still too large to effectively patrol and enforce micro districts like that. They probably have police sub departments of their own

>This is literal bullshit because Chief Bogo is a bull -- a prey animal.

The Prey and Predator classes in Zootopia weren't divided by carnivore and herbivore lines, but based on size and strength. A beast as huge as a water buffalo isn't prey. Neither is an elephant or a rhino. Prey are small and weak and cannot defend themselves. Shrews are carnivores but are Prey class in this world.

Chief Bogo is an African buffalo. They are predators.

>The Prey and Predator classes in Zootopia weren't divided by carnivore and herbivore lines, but based on size and strength

Why are you making more things up?

Mr. Otterton was small and weak, but still a predator.

No, they're not. Chief Bogo is a prey animal, even though he's strong.

It's funny how minds are being blown in this thread.

Mice city has a mob; they burned the last 3 police officers to death and the current one is on the payroll.

The movie was produced with the confirmation biased lesson that Diversity Quotas are a Good Thing and Merit Based Employment is Racist. So of course the movie was going to go out of its way to manufacture a contrived scenario where an unqualified recruit saved the day to prove the Diversity Quotas always work and merit is for Literal Klansmen.

If Bogo was a classified as a Prey animal in the rules of the Zootopia universe, then they wouldn't have needed special legislation to get Judy hired. Bellweather's legislation was specifically to get Prey animals hired as police officers. Wouldn't make any sense if the Chief of Police was already a Prey animal, now would it?

>she demanded to be assigned high profile cases rather than prove herself on the job by starting at the bottom (meter maid)

user confirmed to not be paying attention to the movie

Attached: P2JFIsd.jpg (539x533, 37K)

This whole 'too small' thing never made any sense to me because there is such an obvious advantage to having small scale officers in a city where mammals like Duke Weaselton exist. What are large scale officers going to do if someone tiny slips in between buildings or under doors, nothing unless they have to break down every door or gas small spaces. It just doesn't make a lot of sense that they don't have specially trained small scale squads for those types of situations.

>Bellweather's legislation was specifically to get Prey animals hired as police officers.

That's where you're wrong. Nowhere is that stated or implied. The police force has several prey animals including rams, elephants and bulls. What it was lacking was "small, defenseless" animals, which is harder to classify, but a group which bunnies are certainly a part of.

>Chief Bogo is a bull -- a prey animal.

Bison are not prey animals! Anytime it takes a tiger risking having a broken jaw and broken bones to eat you then you do not count as a prey animal.

Not him but I’m not sure I understand what the picture is meant to say here

To add onto that, the movie specifically showcases examples of strong prey (Bogo) and weak predators (Otterton) to show different examples of how stereotypes aren't always true. It didn't focus on it much, but it was there.

imagine if we got initial premise

Attached: d23_2013.jpg (680x478, 39K)

Did you completely miss the whole predator vs prey thing going on? Judy is a prey animal, and was automatically assumed to not be a good fit for the job as a predator, especially if she had to go against something like a bear or enraged lion. And if micro districts/small animals were a concern you had the likes of foxes, meercats, and others to deal with them.
I think its less about her size and more about the fact that she is a rabbit. Rabbits aren’t exactly the first thing to come to mind when you think of dangerous/powerful animals, let alone small animals.

The application specifically denotes Police Officer (which Judy applied for) and Parking Enforcement (which was what she was assigned to do). Her application was for Police Officer but Bogo broke the rules by making her Parking Enforcement.

It'd be like if you applied and got hired to be a secretary and your boss didn't like you so he made you a janitor instead. Bogo was actually discriminating against her and breaking the rules, which is why Judy was so pissed.

>Bison are not prey animals!

wat.

>Anytime it takes a tiger risking having a broken jaw ... then you do not count as a prey animal.

wat.

>predator: I can mess you up by biting you.
>prey: when you bite something there is a squeeking sound.

As i understand the movie.

Read what I said user, "dangerous/powerful animals' come in all sizes. Doesn't matter if she's a rabbit small scale officers are still trained at the academy to deal with criminals.

Except that rabbits are neither dangerous nor powerful, which is why she got shat on for trying to become a cop and even when she did first become one. Whereas animals like foxes and cats can and will attack and hurt something, rabbits tend to just run away and fuck a lot.

Then eveeything is a prey animal then since it the animals that take down things in that size predatate on other predators or even their own species.

Nowhere is that stated or implied in the movie.

Predators eat meat (or in the movie, fish and bugs) and can go savage. This includes wolves, foxes, bears, and otters. They're the minority.

Prey animals eat plant matter. This includes rabbits, bovine, and sheep. They're the majority.

herbivores can't be predators but they are extremely territorial

Attached: 11.jpg (650x822, 311K)

Please graduate high school before visiting this site, thanks. I'm serious.

>Are you a citizen of zootopia

REeeeeeee!

prey supremacy

Attached: you're a credit to your people.jpg (3024x4032, 849K)

So you want to send rhinos and elephants into mice town, tree tops and other environments they won't be able to move in? That's the most retarded thing I've read today. The fact that they didn't already have dedicated cops for certain areas is retarded and you're being even dumber for saying it should stay that way. Not every cop needs to be at peak physical condition as proven both by real life and in the movie, they need people to give tickets and patrol streets and respond to minor disturbances to which always at least two cops are sent anyway. Most regular cops don't see action that often unless they work in some American ghetto, which you probably live in and cannot comprehend that the most of the first world isn't as pathological and requires different approach than sending armed soldiers to threaten local primitives into temporary submission.

So then Bellweather specifically wrote the legislation for rabbit inclusivity and not just prey? All the more proof that Judy got the job because Bellweather made it fucking illegal NOT to hire her, not because of anything she actually accomplished or proved.

>the "Have you ever been arrested" section was originally checked off as YES but then scribbled out and re-checked as NO.

Judy lied on the application so her friend could get into the academy. She's a fucking terrible cop (just ask her associates in the Mafia).

he did it himself

he wanted to be honest citizen so much

Attached: 1458527387822.jpg (800x600, 348K)

>So then Bellweather specifically wrote the legislation for rabbit inclusivity and not just prey?

Why are you making things up?

All we know is that it was called the "mammal inclusion initiative".

>Why are you making things up?
>Why are you making more things up?
>Why are you making things up?

Are you autistic? You keep saying the same thing on infinite loop. That's what autistic people do, user.

Don't they have guns?

Cool, wanna answer the question then?

>can go savage.
>I was in the bathroom for the entire third act.

does da rabbit ladie have da big boom boom to da chase the big woofers and lionman peoples?
I wanr to pet her and eat lettuce by my dada tell mes i can'tttt

>She's a fucking terrible cop (just ask her associates in the Mafia).

To be fair, this was on top of unwarranted site searches, blackmailing a law abiding citizen and subsequently putting him in direct danger, on top of a wholy unauthorized investigation. She breaks rules and crosses lines.

Besides threatening them with water, judy didn't witness them actually have proof or witness them commiting any crimes. Although that is typical of the mob.

>She breaks rules and crosses lines.

She's a loose cannon, but dammit, she gets RESULTS!

Alot of people in the movie are big animals so you'd need class 3 or 4 weapons. Basically, guns bigger than nick or judy themselves.

But i think the real reason is that its a disney movie so no-no on guns. Just DMSO laced rounds of a paintball gun.

The only weapon they showed Judy carrying was pepper spray. Did she have a taser, too? I don't remember.

>Her application was for Police Officer but Bogo broke the rules by making her Parking Enforcement.

I dont know if thats actually a violation. Although, i assume parking detail is actually part of the department and she was a regular cop in the field.

If parking was actually a different department then Bogo was actually wrong, assumkng they skipped him filling out forms and making calls to do it.

Don't forget the time she did illegal blackmail which should have gotten her fired

Not in the movie. In promos she did, I think.

Disney has banned guns (realistic guns at least) for quite a few years now. Any new material goes around it with them not having it, and any character that did have guns they get creative in how to present them in modern times

She used a tranq gun in one of the early promos for the movie, so I'm guessing that's the analog for firearms in the Zootopia universe and they don't have anything fires bullets.

>Panchito Pistoles was renamed Panchito Gonzales and he carries cellphones in his holsters, now

They're only making things worse.

This is why I still come here

Attached: 1352CC7A-F089-41A0-946F-02C7FD6D839B.jpg (750x1044, 647K)

>they knew she would be REALLY BAD at it.

The assumed she would be bad at it, turns out she was pretty good at the whole investigtion thing.

That whole thing where they shouted she was dead during training wasnt just hazing, she did stand a real chance of dying in the field.

Like those crossbow guys in frozen? Those gus were 1800 year operators!

I was disappointed the film didn't include a lesson about needing to put in your time when you're starting out. You're new and you're starting at the bottom because that's where everyone new starts.

You could have had the chief of police water buffalo show her his academy photo and first assignment manually controlling a four way stop at a busy intersection during a holiday or something - just some shitty job that still needs to be done a police officer. Show up on time, do this thing for a while, demonstrate you aren't a shitter, and you'll be on your way but no one is going to open any doors for the newbie that doesn't want to pay their dues.

Especially with the ridiculous expectations of kids today that could have been a good lesson for them to see. Even Top of Her Class Judy Hopps has to start at the bottom.

Cops probably shouldn't be making deals with organized crime syndicates to torture intel out of people. Not good cops, anyway.

That's just Ducktales being the cringe it is, LoTTC and Mickey Mouse 2013 have done way better jobs implementing Panchito without guns
I don't think Pistoles was ever official, but no one in hell is calling him Gonzales

Attached: fdebf26f09949c18dc6883fb13da25.jpg (1191x671, 87K)

Panchito *long stream of Spanish names* Gonzales actually was his real name, if you go back and watch the original Three Caballeros to check. "Pistoles" was his nickname.

No, but by the book cop is much harder to write as a protagonist for kids than one who has to break rules to get results in a harmless world where crime is mostly childish scams and humorous effects.

I mean the movie kinda proves it with how every ordeal she underwent involved luck, running away and some friend/backup saving her each time. Just another reason it should've stuck with Nick's original plot.

Prople trying really hard to project real world politics into childrens media?

Autistic people also make things up to get out of difficult discussions.

She cute

Attached: 5e9dd7de54a8a4e03a087982682d1c0b.jpg (600x900, 482K)

Attached: 1c17403d506962b4502e1371b037fb28.jpg (909x1280, 224K)

Attached: 1467432575674.png (500x460, 140K)

Attached: juddy_post_workout_sketch_by_brachyartz-dckj7sz.png (484x733, 239K)

>why was everybody against her becoming a police officer?
I tought it was because she was small and weak but then the movie dropped that in favor of everyone is nice and decent when drug isn't involved.
Sooo who know

Attached: 1552103627001.jpg (754x800, 73K)

Attached: elastibunny_by_brachyartz-dckj0hm.png (589x923, 177K)

Attached: 1470158295.kevinsano_judbutt_u18chan.png (900x900, 350K)

Not gonna lie, her cousin's pretty hot.

Attached: valerio-dreelrayk-buonfantino-ana.jpg (850x1342, 195K)

Hippos are omnivores.

I thought it came out in House of Mouse and in the original he just went by Panchito

To be fair, things didn't escalate until the Chief threatened to fire her for comforting a histeric woman and catching a robber.

If he wanted her off the force he could hae just done nothing and let her get disenfranchised.

Then stop making things up, user.

She graduated top of her class.
Clearly she was qualified.

They are also psychotic.

What is this Chinese shit?

>I was disappointed the film didn't include a lesson about needing to put in your time when you're starting out.

2 problems with this: It would've needlessly got in the way of the storyline. Two: I seriously doubt the current self-entitled generation respect or value this work ethic. In fact, any kind of ethics in particular.

Attached: Larry.Must-B-More-2-life.jpg (612x663, 64K)

Attached: F0F8DDD4-D3E2-4286-A680-EBE7EDEE9F5C.png (731x1101, 217K)

Collared Nick is such a hot character.