Im not a huge fan of diversity in comica but i do like his marvel before sjw series where he reviews older comics...

Im not a huge fan of diversity in comica but i do like his marvel before sjw series where he reviews older comics. Are there any other channels of just a guy shooting the shit about older comics like this?

Attached: Richard-Meyer.png (750x400, 206K)

> marvel before sjw

It's cute people think that's a thing.

> what is Stan's Soapbox

the "sjw" term grates the shit out of me but there is a point to be made that in the past decade or so theres been a sharp increase in writers telling stories for the sake of their own status rather than for the story itself.

That, i believe, is what people truly mean (even if they cant articulate why) when they try to make a difference between modern works containing politics and older works containing politics. Its the fact that one has politics as a part of the story, to further the narrative of the tale, while the other is for the ego of the author to the detriment of the story being told.

Theres a pretty clear window around 2012 where it started declining rapidly because Ike kicked out the editors, in Marvels case.

also to answer OPs question, Comic Pop is pretty alright from time to time.

I though that we were done with threads about this faggot.

Comicsgate as a movement is the same cancerous dreck that in prevalent in a lot of boomer conservatism you see in /the donald/ and Fox News just applied to comics.

But from an apolitical perspective I do like Diversity and Comics. I think he actually has some solid insights when not going after left wing low hanging fruit.

>13:07:20
Well shit, I meant to type "is" in between "that" and "prevalent" not "in".

This thread is only marginally related to Yea Forums, just letting you know, mods. How's the lawsuit going? Is he able to meet the alimony payments for his three kids from three different ex-wives?

> asking about youtubers who review old comics isnt Yea Forums

Stan's Soapbox gets cherry-picked by Marvel, reusing only the most SJW-sounding ones.

he laughs at his own jokes in his videos

Only good comic Youtubers
>Strange Brain Parts
>Strip Panel Naked
>Earl Grey
The rest are garbage

Cartoonist Kayfabe is pretty much the king. Recommended by Ya Boi himself

imagine thinking comics weren't always SJW heavy

dae the x-men

Comics were always heavy on social justice, the problem is that what defines "social justice" has changed in modern times to actions that are far more cancerous. Where sexuality was once celebrated now must be denied/covered up and be as asexual as possible to avoid offending non-readers, while feminity and masculinity alike must be played down or flipped in order to attract a non-existent potential reader base. Still, the pendulum will swing differently soon enough and there are still great stories and art to be found plenty, like always. Understanding this is what separates agitated readers from comicgators.

Stan's Soapbox positions would be considered conservative by modern standards. I.e. don't judge people on their race or creed but instead on merit. This is now politically incorrect as it is being 'color blind' and meritocratic instead of being hyper-aware of race and 'white privilege' and preferentially treating POC in order to dismantle the white patriarchal power structure.

The left was pozzed by SJW nonsense after Occupy Wallstreet was seen as a threat by the powers that be

If you actually give a shit about comics and not whiney political gossipy bullshit: Cartoonist Kayfabe

"You shouldn't be an asshole to people who are different" is a different message than "white men are evil" and "I'm a superhero for being a black woman surfer with a my own business"

These are correct.

I dont understand how the concept of racial equality can possibly exist without meritocratical thinking. To think otherwise is simply to not believe in equality, no longer judging those by their actions but by the arbitrary factors of their birth.

Alternatively, the identity politics and SJW lunatics that had been festering for over a decade online, and for far longer in academia, were brought into the public eye by Occupy. After they failed to destroy capitalism, they used social media to destroy entertainment and culture with much more success.

Ya, but that’s the lefts thinking right now. I’m hoping after Trump wins in 2020 that by 2024 the left will have calmed the dick down by then and move to a more moderate position.

Based

Disingenuous. He's not "just a guy", he's been involved knee deep in the whole comicsgate shit, and on top of that he's a terrible reviewer with little to zero knowledge of what he's doing.