AoTSH vs SaTam

Ok Yea Forums let's decide which one of these 90s Sonic cartoons is better.

strawpoll.me/18253821

Attached: AdventuresofSonicTheHedgehogVSsatam.png (1356x484, 1.29M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xZEPgLkzhwE
youtube.com/watch?v=4MyPWXB5o-Q
youtu.be/k7kHapncTTY
youtube.com/watch?v=HnyGSl3K-IE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

is this even a competition?
AoTSH gave us this youtube.com/watch?v=xZEPgLkzhwE

PINGUS

youtube.com/watch?v=4MyPWXB5o-Q

Boom > OVA > Adventures > Satam >>>>>>>>>> Underground
Never saw X minus the annotation boys ragging on an ep so can't put it in.

You have good taste.

But what did you think about the Mania and Overdrive shorts?

Have not seen them, and this thread'll be ded by the time I get to them.
But they're probably aight.

If you truly haven't been paying attention to the climates of the last few years, most people have fallen out of love with SatAM, due to realizing it feels like a show that wasn't made with Sonic in mind and he was forced in at the last second while it focuses on an actually unlikeable character. Meanwhile AOSTH has increased in popularity thanks to the meme fuel that is Baldry's Robotnik and YTPs.

Do you want severely watered down Looney Tunes or do you want an average to good STAR WARS BIKER MICE FROM MARS EXTREME DINOSAURS CARTOON?

Personally I'd go for the latter, not just because I'm a Shounen fag, but simply because it's produced better than "Adventures" and better than Sonic X.

I'd seriously pick the writers of SatAm to do Sonic X over the Sonic X writers which felt like shittier versions of Totally Spies.

However I would also take the writers of Biker Mice from Mars, Swat Kats, TMNT 2003, Extreme Dinosaurs, etc. over the writers of Sonic SatAM.

SaTam seems like fun when watched for all the incoherent, over-the-top mess that dominates its writing: youtu.be/k7kHapncTTY

Does Sonic Underground have anything else than an ironic following?

Attached: bardonic_bartleby_x_sonic___fix_my_junk_baby__by_bartlebygotbooty-d6lvt6l.png (756x499, 311K)

Sonic Boom felt like an even weaker version of Brave and the Bold. Sonic Boom feels like I'm watching The Penguins of Madagascar or King Julian cartoon show.

This series could be improved immediately if we modified Sonic's lines and gave him a different voice actor.

Ehhhh on Boom being over the OVA, the rest is correct tho

>due to realizing it feels like a show that wasn't made with Sonic in mind
and here I thought it was because it was never good.

fpbp

Ironically, for all of the shit it got for looking it was designed on drugs, the juvenile humor, and PINGAS, Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog was the closest that western studios ever got to adapting the Classic games. Take away all the zany Looney Tunes and big bottom bois, and you're basically stuck with the premise of the games:
>
Sonic & Tails, going around the world to save furry animals from the clutches of Dr. Robotnik and stop his schemes of world domination.
> Ivo's lackeys are also Badniks ripped from the games.

Most of the time, the people who have high praise for SatAM are the ones who didn't really jive with the concept the video games where presenting them. They preferred something that make sense to a culture raised on toy commercials -
>evil and edgy super villain keeps failing to stop an intrepid group of young character archetypes that champion something moral...like the environment.

In short, those who preferred SatAM and western Sonic in general where looking for something that WASN'T the video games...and this is speaking as an ArchieFag and a SEGASonic hater.

Sonic X didn't feel like Totally Spies ... Sonic X felt like watching Yu Gi Oh or DBZ.

> Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog was the closest that western studios ever got to adapting the Classic games.
And it was directed/executed as cheesy and pathetic as The Super Mario Super Show and the Zelda cartoon show. It was fucking atrocious. The Sonic movie special by Japan had the same zany bullshit, but superior.

I want a Sonic cartoon directed by Genndy Tartakovsky, Don Bluth, and a few others.

>Diet Looney Tunes
or
>The Sally Acorn Show, featuring Sonic from the "Sonic the Hedgehog" franchise
Fuck it, I choose the OVA. That's a "90's cartoon", right?

Attached: C3WuBS7WYAADFBD.jpg (629x424, 59K)

It's not like weebs ever explore anything outside their autism alley.

Attached: 1561749812449.jpg (828x686, 160K)

I liked Boom, Mania Adventures and Night of the Werehog too m8

>And it was directed/executed as cheesy and pathetic as The Super Mario Super Show and the Zelda cartoon show. It was fucking atrocious.

WTF did you expect? Name me one fucking writer in the early 90's that ever admitted they knew ANYTHING about video games outside of Pac-Man or fucking Pong? These Yea Forums cartoons where nothing more than the same commercialized garbage from the 80's but instead of trying to sell something that writers understood (toys and action figures), they had to somehow make 13 episode cartoon season out of nonsense computer sprites...from Japan.

I'm surprised the AoSTH team bothered to make the effort to even look at official material, let alone incorporate into their show (half-assed sure, but still..)

Jeezus why are zoomers so dumb? Go back to your animus, you kid-

Oh...

> The Sonic movie special by Japan had the same zany bullshit, but superior.

Not it didn't. It was a typical action/adventure movie with a Sci-Fi-Fantasy aesthetic. The only zaniness came from some visual gags and Eggman and the monkey waifu. As much as that movie is one of the best SANIKs ever, I understand why that would have never made it into a series; it would have gotten boring and stale too quickly, and Eggman and Monkey Girl would've kept stealing the spotlight.

No Sonic anime has ever been good anyways.

AoStH gave us sex, violence and fun, capped off with Filmation moralising. SatAM gave us Dulcy and some bints who needed a comic to make them enjoyable.

Attached: C612B2C9-D150-4F95-8333-A0511433F18D.jpg (1280x946, 345K)

>It's like my Japanese animes

Where did you get saucy pic?

FGP on Twitter.

AoStH has better waifus for every taste.

Attached: D2FAA899-0706-45BD-BE84-7177504CFCE8.jpg (1024x697, 118K)

AoStH without doubt.

>WTF did you expect?
BWahahaha butthurt executive or just executive's lapdog drone?

You know what was indeed a decent cartoon show based off a video game franchise? MEGAMAN. That shit spawned so many animated series and good animation it's criminal nobody talks about it. Nobody talks about it because its GOOD.

Octo Girl/Squid Lady is the best Sonic girl and is criminally underrated.

Attached: 32F67C85-F70C-4F9E-B417-DC14463F1A3E.jpg (774x1033, 64K)

Super Fighting Robot.

He just uploaded a new song, by the way.
youtube.com/watch?v=HnyGSl3K-IE

I don't know why I have these saved.

Attached: octo4.png (561x497, 179K)

Every little bit helps

Attached: BDDEA64D-6A27-4C1E-B356-70CC9EFF8401.png (917x703, 578K)

Depends what you are looking for. They are totally different

AoTSH made far more memes and had more impact in that regard if that is what you care about though.

Attached: C3E1C231-C75D-4DA2-8101-C70D071496F2.jpg (2480x3508, 1.67M)

Attached: 9DFDD795-81F0-4F04-9DA9-DD981D261881.jpg (600x1057, 55K)

Attached: 1FF0FA5D-2AE8-4879-8DC8-B905C8A9DD2B.png (956x836, 186K)

Adventures ironically and Satam unironically

best post

>BWahahaha butthurt executive or just executive's lapdog drone?

An optimist but a realist.

Also, not some brat who only grew up with a GameCube.

>a decent cartoon show based off a video game franchise?
>MEGAMAN

"Decent" is being generous, all things considered. While yeah, MegaMan's first solo cartoon was a lot more faithful to the source than Sonic's, it lacked any of the pathos or the humor of the games, everyone was unnecessarily jacked up, ton of recycled animation, and plots felt they where recycled from Transformers and G.I.Joe .
The cool things about this show is as follows:
- Ian Cortlet as MegaMan
- Scott McNeil as Herr Wiley and Douche ProtoMan
- Gutman's ass

that's it.

Oh and I guess that one episode with MURICAN (CANADIAN?) MegaMan X, Vile and Spark Mandril.

every other show: Shonen bullshit or that awful CGI show. pick your poison.

>That shit spawned so many animated series
That is did...

>good animation

Ok, now I know you're a fucking zoomer. MegaMan has NEVER had any kino animation outside of the intro to the first cartoon.

Let me guess, the peak of your MM viewing experience happened in NT Warrior, didn't it?

> it's criminal nobody talks about it.
>Nobody talks about it because its GOOD.

No. Nobody talks about it because MegaMan are either standard baby anime or standard Saturday Morning Cartoon fare. The only "decent" MegaMan show was the first one, with each frequent reboot is less stellar than the last.

For all their faults, Sonic's shows at least have something to talk about, good or bad.