Why didn't Jameson sell out Peter?

Why didn't Jameson sell out Peter?

Attached: 1494764684361.jpg (500x260, 31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CNp399CFCU8
youtu.be/4eIq1b5vvk0
youtu.be/AOlNZa3Drrs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

because why Jameson is a slimeball he is still a journalist with integrity and doesn't sell out his source

based

that scene was amazing.
anyone got a clip?

found it myself
youtube.com/watch?v=CNp399CFCU8

Jameson was in control of the situation. He wouldn't let some green-costumed faggot working with Spider-Man bully him into giving that information.

He refused greenpill

What's that even supposed to mean?

Attached: bf4.jpg (200x182, 10K)

cause JJJ despite his many flaws, is good on the inside.

I think he's referring to the PS4 game.

Oh dear. He doesn’t know it. youtu.be/4eIq1b5vvk0

Kek, nice fucking ending

Attached: double kek.png (355x328, 65K)

Attached: JJJ.png (1215x817, 222K)

based and jameson-pilled

YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I SACRIFICED

Attached: just buy my shit up.jpg (1956x2068, 397K)

Deleted original comment because I thought everybody here knew at this point, but here it is with spoilers.

Because he wasn’t in a movie where the director thought it would be funny to turn him into an Alex Jones parody.

To a faggot? NEVER!

>MCU: we will ruin every last ting you love

>people want jjj to return
>disney decided to spit on his legacy for a cheap political attack

>implying jjj being an alex jones type doesn't make perfect sense
how it is a political attack? do you think Alex Jones has a simple 'right or left' side view of politics?

Jameson is supposed to critique the news media being unfair and slanderous. Alex Jones isn’t a real journalist, I doubt he even has any viewers that aren’t watching him ironically for laughs.

It's the same thing as the PS4 version of the character which was pretty great.

>Jameson is supposed to critique the news media being unfair and slanderous. Alex Jones isn’t a real journalist, I doubt he even has any viewers that aren’t watching him ironically for laughs.
Alex jones is unironically more trustworthy then most MSM

oh wow how shocking, the daily bugle is "controversial!" and he has an issue with spider-man! this totally upends the spider-man mythos!

Attached: 94C0601D-0610-44F5-8F27-54AE0A14425D.jpg (800x450, 48K)

>that ending
Goddammit user.

Attached: Kek.gif (290x163, 923K)

This, he's not a sell out

Why did Mysterio reveal his identity?

Because Jameson might be an abrasive asshole and hate Spider-Man, but he's not the type of person that would sell out a teen under his employment to a murderous psychopath dressed like a power rangers villain over some pictures.

I hope in the 3rd movie, he ends up regaining his secret identity again. Like, he manages to cover it up. Can use the skrulls for it.

Because at the end of the day, he runs an honest paper. He's more than willing to run a story that makes out Spidey to be the bad guy but Jameson would be DAMNED if its ran with illegitimate sources or fabrications. The fact he fired Eddie Brock on the spot when it was revealed he manipulated photos for his stories should tell you all you need to know

Do you also have that one in which JJJ takes one for the team?

he got me again.

Attached: 1561618907479-1.jpg (680x432, 40K)

FUCK NOT AGAIN

Attached: IMG_0878.jpg (2048x1116, 255K)

they really ruined JJ's character with that

oh fuck you

you're a goddamn genius, user.

No, but you've piqued my interest. Do you remember any details?

I'm not defending journalists or the MSM but Alex Jones isn't trustworthy. He just starts off with a kernel of truth then spitballs into stream of consciousness rants that are 99% nonsense.

He's like the WWE. Everyone knows it's fake but the fans watch it as pure entertainment.

That's like saying a sack of shit is unironically better than a heaping pile of crap. It's technically correct, but you still don't want either.

>youtu.be/4eIq1b5vvk0
Oh dear.

This.

based and menace-pilled

Attached: jameson spiderman shame.jpg (2574x2010, 1.33M)

This is literally perfect for JJJ in the modern age.

Literally no.

He's an asshole but not a snitch

Here you go!

Attached: Fearless Publisher.jpg (994x976, 112K)

Attached: 1561675608762.png (1195x574, 1.02M)

Jameson recently finding out Peter's identity was the best thing ever. They have the best friendly bantz.

No it just sucks.

t.Slott

People love to say that it's because deep-down Jameson is actually a good guy, which is why he didn't sell-out Parker, but Parker was the only one capable of getting him decent Spider-Man pictures. If he blabbed it could have gotten Parker hurt or killed, cutting off his source of good photos.

Attached: 1319716965949.jpg (1000x735, 503K)

>Risking his life at the hands of an homicidal maniac for pictures of spider-man
On character.

Attached: jjj.png (625x360, 370K)

>Slander is spoken. In print is libel.
Goddamn. It made me laugh.

Attached: BEF05F89-C1AE-4D21-B669-53BD8F8D4E77.jpg (1200x793, 451K)

I found his Alex Jones parody better in the PS4 version. Still no Simmons though.

Oh fuck, that ending

Attached: 580.png (244x284, 57K)

Unless it is MCU JJJ, he will reveal the secret identity of a known and confirmed hero just because he had an agenda to sell.

I hate being too young to understand the humor when I first watched this.

Are you serious?

It came out seventeen years ago, user.

Attached: oh christ.gif (550x328, 654K)

I never noticed that line was avr'd before.

>that Jameson used his show to help people defend themselves during the devil's breath incident
>that Jameson agreed that Spider-Man saved people during it
He is not Alex Jones
He is not a political satire
He is Just J.Jonah Jameson

MCU JJJ has not ties to Spider Man or Peter Parker, hence has no reason not to tell the identity of some random bum

MCU JJJ believes Spider-Man is a murderer who killed a hero.

Nigga, the MCU Spider-Man movies don't even have Uncle Ben as part of the character's history. MCU Spidey is Iron Man's sidekick-turned-successor. And MJ is a negress now. Don't bitch about source accuracy, that was never an option.

>Boo hoo don't tell me valid reasons I'm wrong, I'll pull out my unrelated Uncle Ben BS again if you do!
Absolutely pathetic retort.

because he was sent by marvel editorial to destroy the concept of ditko spider-man remaining the MCU

spidey is going to be a globetrotting tech hero quipmaster iron man/deadpool hybrid

all of that great character drama has been removed, every single supporting character has been gutted, the base concept of the hero entirely upended for what is now basically entirely original material

man I sure do miss Spider-Man

Iron Man is MCU Uncle Ben, fag.

>man I sure do miss Spider-Man
Don't just lie on the internet.

Ship of Theseus, my friend

Then it makes even more sense for Jonah to give out Spider Man's identity

>nazi_ages_really_fast.gif

>massive dramatic character moment undercut with cut to credits to be "shocking"

yeah go fuck yourself

i'm not even mad that they dropped the secret identity if they give so little shit about the dramatic stakes of the thing that they treat it like this rather than actually explore it on screen

marvel just doesn't have any respect for the quality of the character's original backstory, and they're going to make an assload of money anyway

Ok, you got me there.

Brain worms gotcha good

youtu.be/AOlNZa3Drrs

J.K. Simmons should hve played The Comedian.

>he is still a journalist with integrity
I know this is supposed to be fiction but I can only have so much suspension of disbelief.

the guy just blew open his will and he killed peole the previous day he dose not want Peter killed or anything

My feelings exactly user. God damn, what a world.

fpbp

No way that glass would hold.

Attached: 220px-Jim_Webb_official_110th_Congress_photo.jpg (220x278, 13K)

>Of course it'd hold! What do you take me for, an idiot? I've got a list of enemies as long as my Johnson and that's just the ones with superpowers. That glass is bulletproof, bombproof, fireproof, soundproof, and you'd better believe its tsunamiproof!

Attached: jjj.jpg (1200x600, 73K)

its 2019, newspapers are dead, grandpa

Fuck you. 10/10 good job

Hey does anyone have the audio of JJ berating a dead post-endgame Peter?

>a bloo bloo bloo

JJ is fairly old, it's believable he grew up and then learned his trade at a time when some journalists actually had standards and morals.

Possibly because JJJ never backs down. Not to cops, authority figures, anyone. In the face of a whole rouge police force murdering his informant and partner, he still decides to expose them, putting himself in direct risk.

Might also explain why he hates Spider-Man, as one of the corrupt cops who directly killed his partner was labeled as a “hero.”

I’m half way tempted to storytime it, as it’s an excellent mix of Harold’s Game and JJJ flashbacks. In case I don’t, it’s Web of Spider-Man 52.

Attached: 84215D2A-4D00-42D2-86BB-9AE12125D21E.jpg (966x1479, 514K)

>That ending
Raimi really was a visionary.

The fact that You're right makes me really sad, user.
>man I sure miss Spider-Man
me too, user, me too...

Quite interested in good Jonah stories outside of the Ultverse.

>I’m half way tempted to storytime it, as it’s an excellent mix of Harold’s Game and JJJ flashbacks. In case I don’t, it’s Web of Spider-Man 52.
Go for it man, I'll read it.

didn't he get black mailed by SpOck and became his bitch until peter came back?

Do it, user. Please.

Yes but it's Slott, he would've made God himself a bitch if SpOck was involved.

Attached: kirb max.png (2001x1125, 1.1M)

Hah! You can't fool me I checked the end just to be sure

Meanwhile the MCU is turning the Daily Bugle into Infowars (which I can assure you means the writers don't think their version of JJJ has integrity).

The thing that pisses me off is that casuals will treat this garbage as holy writ.

He's still out there, user.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 80K)

You’re not Martin Luther King! You’re not!

>as long as my Johnson
so 2 inches?

He's a hard ass, not a bitch that tells a guy his source especially when by doing so he might aswell kill Peter himself.

Journalists have never had standards or morals, it's a job of selling a product and they'll go as far as they think they can get away with without completely destroying their reputation. Try researching some newspaper articles from WW2, it's absolute drivel.

Secret Identities are pointless in an age when you can find anybody in any of a million ways.
A superhero would be the first fucking person to get doxed

Damn it Todd.

Wow. ass.

>that ending
TODD DOES IT AGAIN

So, 3rd movie is the clone saga then? Only one way to put the genie back in the bottle.

Strength of character.

Attached: jjjjjjjjjjjj.jpg (1249x1920, 709K)

>Back to Beta?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 91K)

I mean, we've already had two movie franchises of that. If they do something interesting with it, I'm game.

At least he’ll only be around for one more, since they’ll probably kill him off for miles in the next one

Universe, now.

wait, why do people rag on PS4 JJ? Aside from the occasional outlandish conspiracy theory he was completely right the entire game.

Fucking based

He still wouldn't out a kid or sell him as a murderer.

Joke aside, take a look at 0:48 when they show the reaction of the Daily Bugle staff.

>Betty Brant stands there watching what will happen with Jameson. We can assume she obviously is worried what will happen with her boss.
>Robbie is hurrying everyone to evacuate the place. After all, who is in charge when Jameson is not available?
>And Hoffman... drops his files and runs away. 'Nuff said.

This scene is not only a character establishing moment for Jameson, but, in a more subtle way, for his closest staff too.

Should I post it in this thread or make another? First storytime thread I’ve done.

he really was.

Darin DePaul's performance helps a lot.

I hope in the sequel, we actually get a part where we get to see JJJ in the flesh, some fun bants between him and Peter and even a gold moment of JJJ being a good guy.

Nice observation user

>ending
Ah you son of a bitch.

did parker not have spidersense in the raimiverse?

Uncle Ben was still a thing in the MCU, he was referenced in Peter's first big scene with Tony. They were just smart enough to know we dont need to see him die for the 800th fucking time so they just allude to it

>part after the game is done where JJJ begrudgingly admits Spider-Man saved the city and he's thankful for it
>immediately goes back to ragging on Spidey in the next broadcast

Attached: 1506374446210.jpg (782x577, 30K)

That’s fine, but the focus of both his movies, and the ancillary movies he’s been in, have been on Stark. Living up to Stark, impressing Stark, now being his successor. A whole lot of time is dedicated to that relationship, as opposed to his Aunt or deceased Uncle. Interpretations may always vary, but these are basic tenants of Spider-Man and not giving them their due is about as sensical as having Batman retire.

Look at this way, Homecoming pays homage to the single most classic Spidey scene of all time. If This Be My Destiny. Now, originally, what gave him strength in this iconic moment? His sick, dying aunt and Peter being unable to save her as he was unable to save Ben. In the movie, what gives him strength? A Mufasas moment with Stark’s reflection and wanting to stop Toomes from stealing his toys. It’s really not the same and robs the character of his tragic gravitas.

it's on and off at times, could avoid a car from behind, but couldn't avoid the new goblin.

Fuck it. I’m doing it on another thread. Those who want it come along, that way the flow of conversation isn’t bombarded by panels.

We see that when he fires Eddie Brock for fraud.

And Spider Man would never become Iron Man's bitch boy. The MCU literally shits on most of the (good) characters stories and personalities for the sake of making it more palatable to the average idiot movie goer. Same reason why they turned Thor into a fucking joke, or cucked the Hulk...

You expected more?

hell yes.

Attached: when the qt is just right.jpg (810x1080, 159K)

That's the closest we've had for a long time and that's a sad fact.

>They were just smart enough to know we dont need to see him die for the 800th fucking time so they just allude to it
Again with this fucking shit argument.

I'm trying to find the audio clip for this. Which one is it?