Who has the worst superhero name?

Who has the worst superhero name?

Attached: 9A865E98-A06E-4D9C-9173-F195A1F4D57B.jpg (1066x1600, 343K)

Deku's wife likes it, so thats all that matters.

>Superman, Batman, Spiderman, Ironman
God those are so fucking boring and awful

Reminder Deku and Ochako WILL get together and have babies together, and there is nothing you or Bakugou can do to change that fact.

Ohchunko's going to get fat as fuck while she's pregnant.

Why don't more heroes have wives? This is why all superhero comics are terrible

Troq.

You mean Kacchan's wife

>Not Deku and Froppy
Booooo

Because they usually end up dead, or have their marriage erased in deals with the devil.

>Deku getting with ANYONE but Togashi
Lad. She's a Ryona fag, he's constantly getting fucked up, some things were just meant to be.

ignoring your shitty anime pic, serious answer: The Tick.

easily.

>Another thread about MHA, Naruto or DBZ
Anime will never be taken seriously or be shown to have even decent quality. Yea Forums really does a great job showing how weak and inferior anime truly is

Iconic and simple, you BnHA shill.

Why does Yea Forums keep spamming this board with BnHA shit?

>the tick
>>>a superhero

>man with superpowers fights crime

And that's not a superhero because?

It's probably Yea Forums, Yea Forums doesn't really have crossboarders coming in but rather is inhabited by cowards afraid to spread out into other boards so rather they take topics they want to talk about and try to force threads about them.

This is considered Yea Forums's "greatest work"
This is why anime will never be even close to touching western animation

Who would write that? They could write anything their imagination comes up with and they wrote that? No wonder these nerds dont get more dates

Why does his suit still have the hood and--I dunno what to call it, smile plate?--if when he never even uses them? The smile plate even has that sharp end pointed directly at his fucking face and any time he's doing anything all I can think about is how fucking dangerous it is.

Nonsense, she won't gain a single pound.

Attached: cheating_the_scale_by_better_with_salt-dbaaabx.png (1474x2515, 1.71M)

Poundcakes
I know shes a villain whatever

Attached: poundcakes_pouncy4.jpg (299x500, 61K)

Krumbs you autistic bitch get the fuck off Yea Forums you sad excuse for a cow

What does Deku even mean?
I don't speak Weeabonese.

Attached: The Gay Ghost.jpg (1050x1476, 1.53M)

Is there a language joke I'm missing here?

It's something admittedly lost in translation. Izuku's name can also be read as "Deku" which means "one who can't achieve anything" which is why Bakugo labels him that name. Ochaco gives Izuku Midoriya the idea that it could also mean "one who could do anything" and why he chose the name.

Attached: Deku.jpg (432x1146, 90K)

Can't do Anything.
But thanks to the weirdness of the language it sounds close to Can do Anything or some shit.
Basically Bakugo called him a retard by removing a letter from his name and it stuck.

Apparently Deku can mean two things, 1.useless or pathetic or 2.someone that tries his best, the main guy was called Deku for the first reason all his life, until the girl in OP picture told him that he reminds her of the second meaning

I mean, obviously, but C'mon. Froppy feels like she could easily be main girl.

Because he sucks

Shut up you Yea Forumsutist. Yea Forumsmrades have plenty of shit we talk about without having to crossboard, and fucking Yea Forums had a thread going mot even two days ago.

>Reminder Yea Forums is retarded
>Reminder that anime's greatest work is clearly Cowboy Bebop

Everytime I think of Deku I think of Deku nuts from Zelda LMAO, what a lame superhero name. Even All-Might is better, you'd think for someone who idolizes heroes, he'd make a good name. But what can you expect from this wannabe cape garbage.

>What does Deku even mean?
It was a nickname given to him by Autistic Vegeta and it's a misreading of his name and means wooden figure, implying that he is useless.
The obvious wife character thought it sounded like jap for "I can do it" (dekiru) so he stuck with it.

Status-Quo is the most powerful and dangerous villain to exist in DC/Marvel.

Jesus fucking Christ, Japan. This is High School level philosophies of "deep". Aka, the kiddy pool. Then again, looking at who it is marketed to and the fact Japan thinks black and white morality is literal, makes way too much sense

Another way you can look at it is Deku taking the name and owning it, and thus a subtle fuck you to Bakugo

>show makes a big deal about how using too much power breaks his arms and can cause permanent damage
>takes over 60+ episodes for him to realize he can use his feet too

Is Deku retarded?

Are you really going to get butthurt about a name like that when Batman, Superman, Spider-man and Ironman are the four most famous superheros?

Yes, he was trying too hard to be AllMight.
Who himself relied too much on very straight forward dumb muscle that came to him naturally.

His name is unironically Retard Man.

>missing the clear point of Season 1 being Deku copying his idol All Might, while Season 2 was him realizing to be his own different person
I think you're the retard tbqh

I thought that was magneto

Actually it's IRONICALLY retard

>it took him an entire season to realize that acting on his own was better
Christ. Weebs are fucking children.

Well as of now Deku can use 20% of OFA in his fists without breaking his arms. So he's slowly going back to punching, a developing his own fighting style using kicks and finger flicks with special gloves

Most heroes have decent names that get to the point. Elongated Man is the only one I can think of that doesn't sound great then again I never really liked the character that much.

BnHA names on the other hand..

Those are iconic and aren't trying to be deep or anything. They're cool names and mesh well together. Stan Lee said that he went through many names when coming up with Spider-Man and went with Spider-Man because Spider and Man flowed well together.

Glob Herman doesn't belong in this thread, that nigga knows what's up

Now I wonder how that double meaning + joke + name can be translated for that maximum "a-ha" factor (i.e the way of some comics like Astérix)...what name would we give the English counterpart to "Deku"?

t. someone very interested in languages and translations in general

Attached: 1503008550776.png (640x480, 387K)

Thiiiiiick

Attached: WE_MAIN_2_0051_Ochako_Uraraka-Complete50.jpg (1200x928, 87K)

>Stan had to try his hardest and still came up with trash
Jeez

Those names don't suck. Also explains it well.

Fool? In this sense that someone can be foolish implying stupid, or foolish to even try a crazy scheme (yet works out anyway)

You're talking about the guy that had to rely on alliteration and rhythm to not forget the names of his characters, user.

And he still did.
>Hulk had a total name change to explain away his fuck up
>He accidentally calls Thor, Bruce Banner in the early Avengers comics

I don't know, is there a word or phrase that has a double meaning?
I can really only think of backhanded compliments which seem to be the exact opposite.
Good-for-Nothing?

So would their children inherit any of Deku's powers or would they just be gravity manipulators?

Not him but do you mean everyone forgetting Banner's real first name is Robert and his middle name is Bruce?

He was still a good writer and that's what should count.
I'm trying to work on my own stuff and coming up with good names is the hardest thing to do.

Genius comes to mind, it's been done sarcastically for so fucking long that it sort of holds a double meaning.

The adventures of goofy hero called The Fool trying to do his best to help sounds pretty cool, maybe something like Madman

Rock maybe? Knight/Night. I'm no expert, but I feel the English language is too technical and not flowery enough for these things to work the same way, I can't think of any double meaning words that are opposites rather than two completely different unrelated things

>He's a good writer
Well his artists were.

No because OFA can only be passed on willingly and after consuming the predecessors DNA. Which I know, you're going to make a semen joke here, but that would only result in Ochaco getting OFA at best

He's morally obligated yo wear it since he's a huge mama's boy.

This. I am helping a friend to work with his story and dear God the names are the hardest part to work with. I have to tell him to go and put fucking names to his characters and not noises that sounds like the noises your stomach do.

>Which I know, you're going to make a semen joke here,
I mean man, the six user of the quirk was bald, they need to make that joke

None of All for One, as for his parent's quirks. It depends on if he simply didn't inherit either parent's quirk or if he simply expressed quirklessness and has latent Quirks in genes that could be passed on.
In which case, his kids could possibly be full on tk users or pyros.

One-For-All isn't hereditary, but Deku's mom has a quirk that lets her attract small objects, so the gravity manipulation probably wouldn't just be from Ochako

Attached: Attraction_of_small_objects.gif (167x293, 416K)

>Deku's mom has a quirk that lets her attract small objects
I forgot about that. Just like Finley on the Misfits but with less tying-up-your-girlfriend.

Let's see.
>King Explosion Murder
No, fuck you. You're Bomb Blast. It's what you do, and it's a play on bombast, which is fitting given your characteristic of boastful arrogance.

>Deku
I don't even know what else I'd call you besides Kid Allmight - which is worse - so sure, be Loser-boy or whatever.

>Uravity
Too on the nose. You're Ms. Mass. Not because you actually manipulate the mass of objects, but because you're fat. Also you negate gravity which is a function of mass and distance.

>Todoroki
Thermafrost. Easiest one.

Attached: aqua-teen-deadpool-hed-page-2018.jpg (1320x660, 445K)

Keep whining, weeb

>spoiler
Is he writing fantasy?
Most of the shit I outline is urban fantasy and war stuff, and picking normal names for normal human characters is a pain; even with a guiding principle for naming characters I can't do it most of the time.

>Deku
Little Might?

God she was such a looker before becoming a damn Hobbit
You also forgot Deku actually has a damn dad, which might as well not matter at this point given how nonexistent he is in the plot

>You
It's a big site, stop believing only one person can reply to you.

Why go with Bomb blast and not just go with Bombast? Or Boombastic even.
Though you lose the whole appeal of King Explosion Murder being a purposefully bad and edgy name.
Also Todoroki misses the point of him being an unimaginative autist.

SMALL MIGHT. Goddammit you fools are slow. It's been the go-to joke since forever

But no seriously why King Explosion Murder?
Why not Heatblast?

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (2560x1440, 1015K)

Wait what? user, that wasn't an insult, I was commenting on how Deku's dad might as well be dead or not referenced at all. I didn't mention anything about samefagging

Ben 10 already took it.

>that wasn't an insult
I didn't say it was. Fuck, you're awful at discussion.

So what makes OFA, and presumably AFO, so special?
I guess I can get the strength and other secondary powers not being hereditary but why would the base powers not be hereditary like every other power in the world?

Might Mite

Are you genuinely retarded? Because you started this whole thing thinking I called you out specifically

>Gets irrationally pissy because he was confused for someone else on an ANONYMOUS image board.
>Spergs out even more when someone thinks your irrationally pissy behavior is motivated by feelings insult, and not just for the sake of being belligerent
user, i don’t think you have any position to be complaining about other people’s social skills.

Deku can be Bone Breaker

>Bomb blast and not just go with Bombast?
Because Bomb Blast describes his ability and already sounds like Bombast.
>You miss the point of his name being lame on purpose
it's also a pun that doesn't translate well (like most of these) and the point of this thread is to point out lame superhero names. So why does that matter? We're talking about the names on their own not the characterization behind why they suck.

Well he also chose sparky sparky boom man. But that was already taken

>sparky sparky boom man
Sounds too British.

Its from Avatar

That explains why I'd never heard of it.

I’m sorry for your loss.

On another note, What if the two of them had a baby?, Would it have on for all?, That's excluding if Deku's suppressed quirk genes actually get expressed

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (500x519, 58K)

Read the thread before you post.

>because it's not serious
>because he's not associated with the big two
Take your pick.

Commodore Donny Planet

Attached: Commodore Donny Planet.png (827x355, 826K)

I appreciate the apology but it's not necessary.

Attached: donut_fork.png (302x302, 111K)

I pick the third option
>You're retarded and you have no argument.

>Read
What do you think I amI?, a faggot?

Big Deal, It's not like MoA is gonna sue, If it was to me Kirishima's hero name would be Ironhide

>Ironhide
Such heroic adademia.

Attached: Megatron-Transformers.jpg (628x442, 72K)

How is his name not Riptile?

Attached: Even Lizard is better.png (587x390, 201K)

Arms-Fall-Off Boy. At least shoot for something like Man-at-Arms or Armageddon.

Attached: falloff.jpg (262x231, 13K)

I like Red Riot for him actually. Red hair, super power makes him like a shield. Red Riot shield. It's one of the only ones that works well in English. That and Ingenium. Figures that they're both legacy names.

They named like that cuz ther were the firts ones.

Also complex and deep names scare people back then.

This
How incredibly braindead do you have to be to unironically like a character called "superman" or "batman" past your infancy? This is the name a toddler would come up for his doodle, even Sonichu is more clever and inventive than Superman, not to mention that Sonichu has more personality than all capeshit characters in history combined.

Imagine having sex and accidentally think about passing on your power and your lover gets it because you forgot to wear a rubber. OFA, more like STD am I right?

Here’s a good superhero comic plot idea, combine MHA with It Follows and the league of villains are trying to steal OfA by sending their sexiest agents to seduce Deku or whatever fictional OfA holder so they can steal it. It would be the lewdest, most R-rated superhero comic of all time

Diamondhead?

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (480x360, 26K)

It’s a gas mask, I think. His mommy made it, so he’s trying to keep most of it intact, too.

Something like “Bonehead” could work, I guess. Means stupid, but also stubborn/unrelenting and relates to strength.

How many times are you gonna samefag. Stay seething that BnHA is shit

I don't like shonen and that was my first post
I just think capefags are retarded and it pleases me to let you know

Attached: c6b.png (1000x1000, 177K)

She's even hotter now, you damn plebian.

Attached: 1913685_Inko_Midoriya_My_Hero_Academia.jpg (750x979, 106K)

I'd pound her cakes if you know what I'm sayin.

Maybe something like "Wannabe"

Derogatory at first, but reappropriated to match his zeal/determination

No, she's going to get killed off by a villain while Deku watches, followed by half a chapter of him absolutely losing it going berserk in grief/anger and almost vaporizing everyone around him. bet

>T. Himiko Toga

Yea Forums needs elitism
Prove me wrong

the characters who made the name where also children when they came up with it, literally end of middleschool beginning of highschool.

Thot/Thought

This retarded niggress

Attached: 6052386-rco018.jpg (435x811, 83K)

AFO may well be hereditary, but OFA is a power that AFO essentially designed and created custom for his brother, but it mixed with his brother's own quirk to become something unique and only capable of being transferred and not passed down.

Crash Dummy. They're only good for being destroyed, and is also a slang term for dumb fall-guy (dummy's right there in the name), but Crash test dummies also save lots of lives. And traditionally Deku refers to a plain wooden doll.

It's clunky and requires too much explanation, but whatever, best I could come up with while trying to retain the spirit of the alias.

Attached: crash-dummy.jpg (162x186, 6K)

Hall monitors need death
Prove me right

>Prove me wrong
Elitism is one of the reasons consolewars and shonenwars started in Yea Forums and Yea Forums and directly what bred wikipediaspammers on Yea Forums

>Ghost rider
>Not actually a rider
>Doesnt even have a vehicle
>He like fucking ethereal beings

The Burka Avenger.

Elitism kills internet communities, prove me wrong

>Deku
>DCEU

Lack of elitism is what turned Yea Forums into tumblr and Yea Forums into the shit hole that it is

"Try-Hard"

Kamala Khan

stinky frogposter

Fuck your "communities" you retarded nigger. This isnt like some fucking forum where you wanna be all buddy buddy with fags and encourage more of them to join in. The less casual newfag on here the better

Kill your fucking self

>says the casual newfag trying to form their own enclave of pretend friends so they could have their daily suggested social interaction
Fuck elitism, newfag!
t. oldfag

What? I never read Ghost Rider's comics, but I thought he sold his soul and became a revenant that rides a motorcycle. So he is a ghostly figure that rides.

Attached: Hilda05.jpg (207x216, 25K)

>I now want a crossover crisis where Marvel and DC team up to fight STATUS QUO so they can finally move on with their lives.

I was annoyed into reading this series by a friend who insisted this series did Superman correct and I came away deeply annoyed by the utter bullshit they were spewing and confusion about what Japan holds as important in terms of heroism.

Then I watched Kamen Rider and realized that no, it's not that Japan doesn't understand heroism, the problem is this fucking series.

Can someone explain to me the cause of this dissonance? I don't really consume a lot of manga but reading through my hero, while they carry and act upon some of the traits of heroism there is a disconnect that occasionally flares up throughout the series. While characters act like heroes when you need the big moment of self sacrifice, they likewise also have these bizzare moments of glory hunting and obsession with being better than those around them and proving themselves to be the number 1 hero, whatever the fuck that means.

>calls other people capefags while watching the weeb equivilent of capeshit
you cant make this shit up

Attached: 1482369202165.png (892x597, 594K)

Fellow oldfag, and I concur. Fuck the sekret club mentality, and fuck this whiny little faggot that doesn't know how to report and hide a thread he thinks is against the rules.

Attached: 326.png (512x512, 361K)

elitism is literally just a shitflinging and chode measuring contest you autist

Apparently it's a cultural thing. The way I understand it, ranking is a fairly big thing in Japan, especially in schools, so a manga about a hero school would showcase people having an obsession with rank. Apparently it just continues after school, so even professional heroes are obsessed with rank.

So like you said, it's not so much that Japan doesn't understand heroism, but that this author for whatever reason decided to inject the cultural preoccupation with status into the story.

Battle shonen influence I guess. Gotta be a ranking system. Gotta be the best.

Vegetable Animal Mineral Man is probably up there, but he's a villain.

Take a setting with super-powered mutants. Make them the majority population almost overnight. Make them all Government registered, privately sponsored and ranked. Make being a super hero not a matter of great power/responsibility, but a job, like being deputized. Have it be a lucrative job, and heroes advertise themselves to the public like pro wrestlers.

Such is the bizarre system that came into being when one day most people on Earth starting developing super powers and everyone was forced to just roll with it all at once. More than being a secret vigilante doing the right thing based on your personal code, you're a guy with a marketable talent in a system designed to make people feel like super powers are fun and more importantly, everything's under control.

They're kids. They understand the basic ideas behind heroism, but they're also struggling with self, identity, petty feelings, hormones, etc. One of the major themes is that they're imperfect. They're learning to be heroes but they're not there yet. When shit really hits the fan they usually pull themselves together and demonstrate for a few moments what their full potential is, but in the meantime its kind of a shit show.
Teenagers who might later become something awesome still make really bad decisions, and concern themselves with the wrongs things, in real life too. All the time.

Call someone retard all their life
They change their name to retard to "own" it
What a retard

The adults are like that too though.

Isn't that disconnect a major plot point, and that obsession with glory and status within professional hero culture the reason why many of the villains exist? I could have sworn reconciling that disconnect between selfless heroism and selfish ambition was something the 'teachers' were forced to acknowledge.

But the issue is that, it's not only the teenagers but also the adults. All Might, the paragon of virtue is genuinely kind of horrible mentor in terms of teaching heroism to his pupils, and I'm probably beating on a dead horse but god Bakugo is a little shit. I understand that he starts to show heroic virtues, but before that the path he was on was not being monitored or influenced by the heroes above him. The story just kind of had him having these heroic virtues, despite being an outright borderline monstrous bully at the beginning.
I don't have an issue with that, but that the attitude is internalized by so many of the characters, including the ones that we are supposed to few as heroic individuals.

They acknowledge it, but they don't really do anything about it as far as I can remember. It's basically paid lip service at the moment.

That's a great name though

>they could write anything
No, they cant editors have the final word

Honey Badger, and they do it again with Speed Weasel

Attached: file.png (495x495, 485K)

If I recall correctly, All-Might and Deku are treated as exceptions to that problem and thus stand out as examples of true heroic virtue in a culture mired in the very issues you described. But I guess it is treated as intractable to some extent. I think a lot of it has to do with maintaining public perception and thus public order by enforcing that weird system, so even if you're out to do the right thing you kinda have to adapt into it and play the rank game on top of virtue and sacrifice, etc.

Also, Bakugou types turning hero isn't exactly rare is it? Brusque assholes turning hero and becoming the bullies' bully. He rubs everyone the wrong way, but he seems to know what the right thing is and tries to do it even if he hurts everyone's fragile feelings. I feel like there's a western term for that I'm forgetting.

They get paid for doing "heroic" deeds. They are basically civil servants and once they reach a certain level of popularity they kinda just coast on sponsorships and merchandise.
Have you not reached the Stain arc? I won't spoil it for you but they do address how most heroes are just doing it for the money, with Stain espousing that All Might is the only TRUE hero. Though he later recognizes Deku as a true hero as well because of his self sacrificial nature

Remember when MacGruff the Crime Dog showed up and started browbeating everyone for saving people with unsanctioned acts of selfless virtue? It just made me want to see more vigilante heroes.

>Well as of now Deku can use 20% of OFA in his fists without breaking his arms
I really hate this percentage shit. "Oh I can only use 20% but I need to beat this guy. I will now conveniently be able to use 30%!" It's stupid here and it was stupid when Freeza did the "I'm only using 1% of my power silly Saiyan Ohohohohoh" crap

The issue with Stain was that despite all his autism about “muh true heroes”, when it comes down to it even people who are only heroes for money like Mt. Lady were willing to risk their lives to help people.
MHA is a great example of how the East and West view superheroes. Japan has ranking, no secret identities, being a hero isn’t a great sacrifice that someone undergoes but just a job that they great trained for. While the US heroes are basically random people who decided to take matters in their own hands and essentially be vigilantes at the cost of their personal lives. Someone like Bakugo wouldn’t be given the time of day and be seen as more if a menace than a hero in DC/Marvel. Especially since his view on heroism is completely fucked since he views All Might as the best hero because he always wins and only that.

You should've been around when he finally figured out how to kick.

There's an entire spin-off series about a guy who couldn't get his hero license because he chose to rescue someone on his way to the exam and missed it. A lot of people consider its themes to be a hell of a lot stronger than the main series for that reason.

Attached: 513iG6YjZKL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (333x499, 44K)

>Have you not reached the Stain arc?
I fucking dropped it well before anything remotely like that. I heard through podcasts what happens then.

Like I said. Despite All-Might and Deku being the exceptions who are true heroes, All-Might still espouses those beliefs. Deku as well.

I understand what you are saying in that, it is a concept that is explored, but I genuinely find the exploration kind of half assed because they are still not blowing those concepts away like they should be. The concepts are still there like bizzare constraints that they are forced to live under. I don't know if it's a greater Japanese cultural thing, or a product of it being a shounen like someone else said, but it feels half hearted in condemning that attitude.

Do they abandon the glory hunting and obsession with being the number one hero?

>Also, Bakugou types turning hero isn't exactly rare is it? Brusque assholes turning hero and becoming the bullies' bully. He rubs everyone the wrong way, but he seems to know what the right thing is and tries to do it even if he hurts everyone's fragile feelings. I feel like there's a western term for that I'm forgetting.
The issue isn't that Bakugo is a heroic individual who acts like a bully. It's that he's still a bully with no real action taken to shape him to be a better person.

It's not the fact that he's an antihero asshole. It's that he's this antihero asshole who is directly pupiled to individuals who should be looking at that attitude and doing something about it but they allow it because he might be the number one hero if Deku doesn't try harder.

So just looking this up. Holy shit does this seem to get American Superheroes a lot more. The reason he missed his exam is exactly the issue I have with the main series.

This. People make a big deal about Bakugo rejecting the chance to be a villain, but at the end of the day he still just views the hero position as a rank to aspire to. The situation may as well have been
>hey kid wanna be a dentist
>NO FUCK YOU I WANT TO BE A FIREFIGHTER

His motives are still purely selfish and he still behaves like a maniac. Just because he rejected the chance to be a villain in favor of staying on the path to being a hero doesn't make him fit for it because he doesn't actually care about virtues of heroism. He just wants to be the best at winning fights.

What pisses me off is that the teachers just let him treat all his classmates like dogshit while punishing every other student who steps out of line.
There've been like three teachers who have thought "Bakugo's anger and pride are going to be a problem" and then done absolutely nothing about it.

Attached: Sigh.jpg (423x360, 41K)

>insisted this series did Superman correct
Wrong manga. He meant One Punch Man.

That one also has ranks and glory whores but the system itself is much more vilified and not treated as an absolute necessity. Not sure if user would consider that better or what.

This straight up sounds like the concept the author had before he completely changed the story to make it work better for Shounen.

Reading the first chapter, it feels like he switched no powers for weakish powers.

>He meant One Punch Man.
>Bored asshole who just wants to fight someone who is challenging is Superman done right
Go fuck yourself.

That’s even more off

Now just put him at odds with the increasingly corrupt Pro Hero system and you've got something like s-CRY-ed.

But dammit Yea Forums! What about my school setting and tournament arcs?!!

Attached: 0.jpg (576x1296, 73K)

Anime is the best animation in the world and the most influential.

>Guy doesn't become a pro hero because he missed the exam to save someone.
>Regardless keeps doing good Samaritan stuff because being good feels good.
>Mentor is a guy who lost his superpowers but decided fuck it he still needs to do good in the world
>Love intrest is shit.
WHY IS MY HERO ACADEMIA SO MUCH SHITTIER THAN THIS SPINOFF.

>Bored asshole who just wants to fight someone who is challenging is Superman done right
When put that way it sounds oddly familiar to another, far more popular Japanese Superman expy. Care to guess which one?

>Love interest is shit.
Compared to Uraraka? Savage.

Well, nah, I don't hate Uraraka actually. At least she got to show a little guts and ingenuity when getting her ass beat, and has painted the whole hero-for-money thing in a more forgiving light than most characters. She just wants to do right by her folks and help lots of people in the process.

Deku spend all his life studying All Might and others heros' quirks and seeing people use their powers in the every day that he should have come to that realizazion soon.

I realize I'm way behind on the series, just watching it on Toonami.
But all Deku does is copy other heroes. All that studying and every move he's ever done he's stolen from someone else and adapted it to his quirk.
It makes a little since that he wanted to be the next All Might so he was tunnel focused on only copying him.

Deku will cope.

Attached: Deku Uraraka thumbs up.jpg (850x594, 39K)

not bad

Why we really came here

Alien Queen would be better name than Pinky.
Change my mind.

Attached: 1559869032553.jpg (882x1200, 360K)

I won't because it is.

>A lot of people consider its themes to be a hell of a lot stronger than the main series for that reason.
Those people are retarded contrarians

OFA can't be passed on, and not all children inherit the exact same powers as their parent so its possible they might have a different quirk than gravity girl.

Like they might end up displaying flame breath or telekinesis style powers instead since you can have quirks like your ancestors beyond your parents.

>While characters act like heroes when you need the big moment of self sacrifice, they likewise also have these bizzare moments of glory hunting and obsession with being better than those around them and proving themselves to be the number 1 hero, whatever the fuck that means.
Are you retarded? The whole system is centered upon who is worthy to carry upon the symbol of peace and the characters have to prove that they're the besr of the best but being the best hero is completely different from being an actual one this us further shown with Endeavor a character who by all accounts us a great hero but he's a terrible person which haa causes the public to have a negative opinion of him but can't ignore his status as 1#. The manga is essentially about finding the ideal personification of what it means to be a hero.

>All-Might still espouses those beliefs. Deku as well.
No they don't. Deku doesn't even care about being the best hero to begin with.
>but I genuinely find the exploration kind of half assed because they are still not blowing those concepts away like they should be.
What are you talking about? They're characters that embody that fucking concept. Heros are treated as a profession more than anything an any act if vigilantism or even using your power to help people is banned.

There's dudes way worse than Bakugo in western comics that still get portrayed as heroes, he's not even close to being as much of a scumbag 'antihero' as he could be if he was from the edgy examples of DC or Marvel.

>WHY IS MY HERO ACADEMIA SO MUCH SHITTIER THAN THIS SPINOFF.
>Nobody actually cares about it unless Knuckleduster is on screen because its actually quite boring otherwise
A better question is why people like it.

same reason people here like panty&stocking
it's anime but heavily western inspired

cute feet

He cares about succeeding All-Might as the public symbol that maintains peace. So while he doesn't care about recognition and status for the sake of self gratification or pride, he does care about being the world's security blanket. Otherwise society might well break down with everyone and their grandmama being a civilian version of various cape comic figures. I believe that's the fear here, if I recall.

I never understood the hype for MHA. It has an interesting concept and the design/animation is great but other than that it's a very generic shonen anime.

Its a refined shonen. It doesn't have the failings of typical shonen also just about every girl is likable.

Pan pizza is that you?

cosmic boy
miracle man

the transferability part is just the brother's original quirk. i don't see why it couldn't be passed down to offspring

its nurutu in the age of avengers craze

how new are you?

Attached: whizzer.gif (210x450, 34K)

>>Reminder that anime's greatest work is clearly Cowboy Bebop
>can't argue with that
>See you later Space Cowboy

>It doesn't have the failings of typical shonen

Attached: DD2782DC-CE75-4F63-B068-52F41AD7A309.jpg (236x240, 16K)

You say that like its a bad thing

Good. She seems like a nice girl

Matter-Eater-Lad

>I don't know if it's a greater Japanese cultural thing, or a product of it being a shounen like someone else said, but it feels half hearted in condemning that attitude.
It’s a product of shonen because it’s definitely an aspect of Japanese culture. Their entire education grading system all throughout school openly (as in publicly posted) includes comparing your scores to your peers to hopefully drive you to succeed more, and students with excellent academic records often get more privileges then less successful students.
So as early on as high school school basically they’re forcing their kids into a social one-upsmanship competition.

The Elongated man is a fucking terrible name. At least call him The Elongator or something.

Attached: 1_v8tFUAzZVdURb2nqYqtQ0Q.jpg (1280x641, 160K)

Ok, clarify this for me. AFO is the power to take other people's quirks for yourself. OFA is the power to transfer quirks held to others.

Does this mean All-Might/Deku's super strength is just a separate quirk that the AFO guy took from someone else and gave to his brother along with OFA?

Why not the Long Long Man, while we're at it?

Pretty much.
Story even mentions that nobody knows why he did that; maybe his younger brother was the one person he felt genuine affection for.

LOOOONG LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!

Long man is not a bad name though.

ok, but what I'm going for is the super strength is unrelated to OFA, so the whole genetic inheritability thing likely would be that Deku's kid would inherit the power to transfer quirks (with or without the power to take them to begin with, so if it's without, it'd be a power with no effect), rather than the super strength.

Although technically AFO wouldn't be in Deku's inheritable genetic material, unless receiving it rewrites the genes in everything down to your sperm or something.

*sax*

No idea. Likely doesn’t matter in the context of a children’s show; nobody’s going to have any sex.

Blockhead would be the best

The Shocker

>not froppy and edgelord lombardi

True. But then, All-Might's master lady did have children, the bad guy with hands all over is her grandson. I'm not up to date so I don't know if OFA inheritability plays into his story. But then, again, she had already passed OFA to All-Might when she had kids, so maybe it wasn't in her DNA anymore. Eh, who knows.

>American superheroes are basically vigilantes who are usually hiding who they are and often suffer quite a bit for their heroism but still do it anyway because it’s the right thing to do, excepting the anti-hero archetypes.
>Japanese superheroes are literally just civil servants with silly outfits on and their peers love them for succeeding even if they’re actually assholes who eventually collect a paycheck and have kids and retire.

Pretty sure says something negative about both cultures actually, but damned if I know what it is.