The sad thing is, if the original writers hadn't left, Zuko and Katara would've ended up a couple

The sad thing is, if the original writers hadn't left, Zuko and Katara would've ended up a couple.

It was what they wanted for the ending, and were working toward.

Attached: zutara4ever.jpg (480x360, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/XKwJ4/#0
imgur.com/gallery/XcMWY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Netflix is making the conscious choice to reopen this.

>It was what they wanted for the ending, and were working toward.
what's weird is that you're not posting a picture of the two of them kissi-

oh wait
that never happened huh

>Opening saltmines that should be closed.
Netflix wants the internet to burn, doesn't it?

Still a better pairing that Aang and Katara that came out of nowhere.

You must suffer for your lack of vision

>implying the Internet hasn’t been on Fire even back when The Invader Zim fandom and Narutards were in their infancy
It was always burning, Since the world’s been turning.

Can't reopen what never closed.

Zutarans have had over a decade to stop being The Worst Shippers Ever. They refuse.

>Aang falling for her is literally the first thing he does in the show
>came out of nowhere

Okay chief.

user come on, that hook wasn’t even baited, have some dignity.

>dignity
>here

Attached: this is where I am.png (478x368, 268K)

You'd think Voltron taught them to stop poking the shipper trashpile.

Is this the Asuka vs Rei of Yea Forums?

We didn't start the flamewar?

It kinda did? The writers on Voltron repeatedly said that they weren't doing shipping in the show. There were barely any romantic moments, virtually no pairings at the end.

Didn't stop shippers from constructing entire castles on the clouds, then breaking out the pitchforks when the ending didn't provide those ships.

...All the things they could've been pissed about with the ending, and they picked the ships...

Asuka is clearly better in every way, so I guess this is the Rei.

I'd argue that Zutara marked a change though. We've had ship-wars for a long time, but with Zutara you had nonsense like death-threats over fanfic, and fans trying to animate their own ending, going so far as to try and get the actual voice actors to provide dialogue.

We've always had shitty shippers, but ATLA hit at a time when social media was making it possible for things to become far far worse.

Attached: zuzu.png (794x1024, 486K)

>fiery redhead = zuko
>collected bluehead = katara
I guess so

Evangelion didn't end with Shinji and one of the girls hooking up and having several kids though. Avatar did. Evangelion kept the ship war going because there was no resolution. With Avatar, you've just got people throwing feces at the wall and howling because they didn't get the ending they'd been insisting they were deffo going to get.

wat

I dont give two shits about sóyvatar but KEK if retard Netflix makes shipping fags seeth and orgasm at the same time

>Evangelion kept the ship war going because there was no resolution.
But there was. Rei's died, Asuka wishes she was dead, and Shinji wants to be alone.

Shinji's also gay.

People will be too busy staring in horror at how badly Netflix flubs this. You'd need the fucking budget of Black Panther for every episode to pull off the choreography, sets, special effects, wardrobe design, cinematography, etc. that the original series could do easily ~because it was drawn~.

Eh, it's not the same. Shinji didn't pick one girl over the other. Katara not only picked Aang, she honestly never even considered Zuko a possibility. It's more inexcusable to still be a Zuko-Katara shipper. The writers said who she picked, move the fuck on.

Zutara shills are drawn almost entirely from people with severely low emotional intelligence quotient (EQ), as evidenced by 1) their misinterpreting two characters' hate/redemption arc over sharing a profound maternal loss as romantic tension, 2) their inability to let it go after more than a decade, and 3) their defiance in the face of evidence to acknowledge or attempt to understand what genuine romantic tension looks or feels like. Not all autistic special-needs children are Zutara fags, but all Zutara fags are autistic, special-needs, and emotionally stunted.

Attached: mmm.jpg (640x480, 40K)

>he uses s o y unironically
Buddy i think that puts you lower on the totem pole than shippers.

You guys got HIBYs isn't that enough?

I get the whole Katara picking Aang thing. I'm not saying I'm one of those people. My thing is I never got the shipping in Evangelion because the characters were just too fucked up for love.

>sóy
And into the it goes, Zoomer.

Wait why

Making sense has never been a prerequisite for shipping.

HIBY is even at least as entertaining as the actual Avatar comics.

Kawarou is ded too

Nice selfie, user

Attached: Enormous soy.jpg (400x400, 30K)

>How I Became Yours
I had repressed that, you fucker.

This pairing is hot garbage tho it's still better than Korrasami

It has for ships that are actually GOOD.

Just because your gay lover dies doesn't mean you stop being gay

We get it, everyone in Evangelion is gay and dead.

Through no action of their own they're no longer the worst. They've been surpassed by NaruSaku fans.

Because goddamn. At least Zuko and Katara are good characters and competent.

>NaruSaku
No one cares about shitty characters from dogshit manga

Well true, but we're in a Zutara thread so I don't thing good ships are on the menu here

Because the people who use it are the kind of low-brainpower dregs who latch onto any cultural flotsam that comes their way and obsess over it before getting distracted by the next coinable phrase that someone uses. These are people who have never entertained an original or creative thought in their life and would prefer to avoid doing so, so they can pretend to be a part pf something greater, when in reality, they are pure bandwagoners who would jump onto a train heading off a cliff if it had a rage face painted on it.
Like this fag, .

Ohoho you missed out on an ocean of tears man.
It was fucking hilarious. Nothing Yea Forums related has ever caused as much butthurt as Naruto's ending. Nothing has derailed fan delusions as hard. It was a beautiful trainwreck of comedy.

I’m inclined to agree, but i think we’re both biased to think less of Narutards, just for following such a terrible show in the first place. In terms of behavior, they’re probably about equal.
>No one cares about shitty characters from dogshit manga
I wish i lived in your world. It sounds like a nice place.

>It's better than Korrasami

It's really not, and that's saying a lot. Asami and Korra was the writers going "fuck, we want to pair our lead off, but we've made every guy in the cast a terrible choice. But what if... oh Bryke, you clever devils..."

But Zuko chased Katara and the others around the world for months, threatening them at every turn, and the moment she let down her guard and considered that he might not be that bad he betrayed everyone, nearly getting them all killed. She's meant to look past all that and fall into his arms because, what... he's "deep"? I've seen batshit crazy ships in my day, and lazy pairing-offs, but Zutara takes the cake.

I think that degree of separation is why I found it funnier whereas Zutara's butthurt was just sad.

I can understand where you're coming from but I think that onions thing is no different than fedoraposting and all the other stuff trolls like using, it's just an easy meme to use to insult someone, like calling someone a virgin or a neckbeard. It's not really fair to judge someone based on one thing they said. We're on Yea Forums, isn't that part of board culture?

The comics have good art and a handful of nice character moments. Honestly, that's about as much as we could've hoped for in some stuff filling in the gaps between ATLA and LoK.

The sad thing is that you fags are still talking about the shipping in a show that handled anything romantic terribly and ended 15 years ago. Every. Fucking. Day

Have you ever watched Naruto? It's basically the Avatar of Yea Forums.

low effort shitposting degrades the user 1.5 times more than it does the target

>Zutara fans must now resort to rewriting history

>108448711
They're you go faggot.

>now

They were rewriting history before the dust settled.

What's weird is that you have a picture of him saved for some reason

Surely not... no.
user, please tell me you don't jerk off to him

>Have you ever watched Naruto?
Yes, much to regret
> It's basically the Avatar of Yea Forums.
I don’t think it’s possible to begin a discussion with someone whose sense of good and bad is this far gone.

Attached: 4F107EB7-F563-472B-94A5-4B0DBBE874F5.jpg (417x503, 72K)

Judging people for one thing they said isn't just board culture, it's literally the only way an anonymous board can function.

He clearly wasn't talking about quality, but if he was he wouldn't even be that wrong. At the time of Avatar Naruto hadn't devolved into retarded diarrhea yet, it was merely a mediocre animated show, like Avatar.

So does that mean Aang would have ended up with Azula? I mean it would mean she beat Zuko. Because while Zuko's artic wrench can only bend one element her bf can bend all of them. Such a specimen would be a far more suitable suitor for the future firelord than some ice peasant. Plus it means she will have done what Zuko failed at, capturing the Avatar.

Plus cute scenes where Aang tries to explain why murder, decimation, and massacres are bad.

Why is Naruto bad aside from the filler? I just don't get it man. Do you not like awesome fights and cool characters?

Did you read/watch it? The manga fell apart after the timeskip and devolved into Uchiha/Naruto wank and shitty reincarnation nonsense and become DBZ shit where Naruto and Sasuke powered up a million times at the end along with Madara's bullshit power ups and not to mention the final villain. Early part II was okay, but it fucked up in the end, Kishimoto was sick of his manga and the Fourth Shinobi war arc was badly written garbage. The ONLY good thing out of the last arc was Guy vs Madara. and the Kakashi vs Obito fight in the anime I guess.

Well the post he was replying to was commenting on the Quality of Naruto and also used the word “it’s” so I’m pretty sure he did mean both quality and present tense, but even if he didn’t it still wouldn’t be true. For one, Yea Forums fucking hates Naruto. They’ve hated Naruto for so long they even have a board advertisement made out of a post about how and why it and its fans are awful. On Yea Forums, outside of a few Contrarians, Avatar is still regarded as a generally good show despite its flaws in hindsight.

Furthermore, while they were closer in quality back then, there was still a degree of separation. Avatar had some mediocre aspects, like the anachronistic-feminism schtick, Among many other generally enjoyed parts of the show. Naruto had a few redeemable aspects, but most of what was there was still mediocre, but is looked upon more fondly now, because at least back then it had the potential to go up, rather than spiraling down even worse.

Nah.
The only people that wanted Zuko and Katara to get together were Zuko-fangirls that self-inserted into Katara.

What cool characters, we barely got to see any likable ones. Sakura started as a turbo-bitch and only got worse, Sasuke was a selfish callous asshole who took every chance that he got to be awful which everyone, including Naruto, kept enabling, and Even Naruto, who was by far the most redeemable of the three, could still get pretty annoying.

And the fights were only cool, a fraction of the time. More often than not, it just devolved into Powerlevel wankery, just like the plot.

Unless it is the only anime you have ever watched, i don’t see how you could think it’s GOOD.

the only girl Zuko had sexual tension with is Azula so idk what you zutarians are talking about

Why are Zutara faggots so desperate to make their shipping real? It's pathetic.

Oh gee golly another fucking Zutara thread. I wonder what half truths the teenage girl self inserters are going to spew out this time!

Attached: 1557712503505.png (256x256, 210K)

>teenage girl self inserters on Yea Forums
They're on tumblr and pininterest, not here

>Teenage
user it’s been over a decade. These aren’t teenage girls doing this anymore, they're full grown women at this point, some of them nearing their thrities.

>Nothing Yea Forums related has ever caused as much butthurt as Naruto's ending

Already forgotten about Voltron I see?

Sometimes I forget avatar was over a decade ago. Can't wait for netflix to rape my childhood even further than Korra and the comics did.
Hall of anal devastation was on a whole different tier. I'll never forget experiencing that shit in real time. Naruto was a wild ride in general.

Attached: 1525777956252.jpg (1800x5443, 2.28M)

New teenage girls that get into the show or the older viewer's daughters that they pass down their shipping legacy to.

not this shit again

Why would Katara want a bald scrawny kid that's main power is making breezes when she could be with a royal prince charming with fire abilities that stem from dragons?

Voltron was but a splash compared to Naruto’s tsunami. You don’t remember how popular Anime was back then amongst awkward or angsty teenagers, especially one that pandered as well to those demographics as Naruto. That shit sold like hot cakes. It was THE basic bitch anime of the 2000’s. And even when the quality deteriorated there were still plenty of people who stuck around to the end, even if for no other reason than the sake of completion or the enjoyment of the rage.

Shipping are for femcels

Only if the ships are bad. If they’re good then it’s for Patricians.

t. femcel

Naruto and Avatar shipping wars were pretty bad, but Digimon was arguably worse with Taiora and Sorato.

T. Plebian.

Wasn’t that entirely due to the dubbers putting in subtexts where none existed originally?

It's over user...

Attached: let it go.gif (308x246, 937K)

HAHA Zutara fags are factually the most delusional and pathetic people on the planet

Attached: s.gif (300x178, 1.94M)

But they're reopening it without the writers that ship Zutara

Yes.

Attached: 2A2E2125-F623-426B-9979-FB56E73F26F3.jpg (730x450, 120K)

It would be cool to actually talk about Avatar in any capacity besides shipping, incest and foot fetish shit.

I got nothin but time, what you got on your mind?

How do you prevent ship wars anyway?
One Piece's Oda is the only example I can think of and how he stated boldly that no one ends up together throughout or at the end of the story

Then say something instead of just passive-aggressively whining you prat.

>Jerks off to Asuka's comatose body
>Gay
Shinji is at least bi

Probably.

t.femcel

take a bath

>Netflix is going to start this all over again

Attached: i cant not again im not strong enough.png (600x425, 305K)

Unwashed peasants have no right to tell others to bathe.

'Because the bald scrawny kid is The Avatar, and the royal prince charming's face is a schmuck whose face hideously scarred.

cope and seething femcel

do some squats and jogging while you're at it

There were no writers that shipped Zutara. Batshit insane Zutarans made fake interviews with Aaron Ehasz, where he said that he was pushing Zutara and those damn evil fuckers Bryke stopped him.

When he did real interviews for The Dragon Prince he talked a little about how he'd come across the fake interviews and they made him sad.

Imagine being that much of a shitheel. You didn't get the ship you wanted, so you make up an interview with a writer so you can get an imaginary pat on the back and all your friends can congratulate you on finding the "proof" that they were right all along.

Imagine the life you'd need to live to be that desperate for affirmation.

Well its Oda's manga, no one can really tell him what he can and can't do. He is far too popular for editors to attempt to micromanage him. Also didn't care for the SJWs that told him to stop drawing sexy women.

Attached: hell yeah.jpg (434x438, 186K)

>He’s obsessed with his Bogeyman because it’s the only angle he can work off of to try and push his lack of taste.
The amount of butthurt this plebian is experiencing would rival a virgin and a gay orgy.

Attached: F133B393-54C8-402C-AF51-AABE5980A863.gif (250x300, 1.07M)

>Also didn't care for the SJWs that told him to stop drawing sexy women.

I mean, it's not like he could stop if he wanted to. He's able to pull off sexbombs and monstrous freaks. If he tried to pull off "healthy BMI" he'd have a stroke.

The fact that One Piece hasn’t lost any traction is astpunding to me. Also did he ever drop that “Sanji bends over backwards for Nami because he’s absolutely infatuated with her” schtick yet or does he plan on keeping that going till the end. Because that got old fairly fast.

cope

Do it.

More than a decade has passed, and shippers have only gotten worse.

NaruSaku and IchiRukia were 2 of the things to behold, there were some other similar but nothing to how fucking nuclear this 2 went
imgur.com/a/XKwJ4/#0
imgur.com/gallery/XcMWY

Attached: vouTvm5.jpg (1031x866, 113K)

>IchiRukia
Oh my god i forgot Bleach was a thing. Why the fuck did people tick with that show for so long after it went bad?

It’s funny how Kubo turned Orihime from an underdog with potential to generic housewife and doujin material without being subtle about it, even encouraging the last.

Oh, and putting all the blame on the editorial. The guy is Japanese Bendis

Kataang was always endgame. Stop the lies.

"its jump, it CANT be that bad"
then it was

I'm aware just I hoped to never here them talk about it again. My ex gf use to rant about it all the time when we would rewatch the original series together.

You could write a paper on the way that Bleach managed to fool people into thinking it was good. Some weird mass shared delusion.

>Zutarian gf
Not to pry, but what made you guys split? I know shipping zutara speaks for itself but was there any other blatant thing she did?