youtube.com/watch?v=OtgNUSomRZE

youtube.com/watch?v=o3Qs_vB7vZg

Attached: Shazam.jpg (1280x536, 354K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NYF0CsikHe4
youtube.com/watch?v=JrhX6AehEiE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Thanks.

Attached: 1530736530659.jpg (1080x1080, 98K)

there's more Grace

That's a lot of deleted scene's

See, if they re-released it with these it'd be one movie that's worth going back for.

The "Family Beats" ending, as goofy and corny as it is, would've been better than the whole "I brought Superman to school" with the guy from the neck down.
I think Shazam should've stuck to their guns and commit to its cheesiness, it would've given it a more distinctive tone and on top of that, given the necessary focus to the rest of the cast who almost felt incidentally his sidekicks.

But finished, of course
those fight scenes would be cool, the actual movie was lacking

Attached: Shazam deleted.webm (1280x536, 2.81M)

That empty throne and two reds still bugs me, just make her white or something.

Don't know where it would fit but the one of Freddy flying would be great to have in the movie

It's cute, but I see why they cut it out. They opted to use the "kid playing with toys" moment for the main fight. There's only a few of these - throne scene, additional power descriptions, school scenes - that you could squeeze in to the current theatrical cut. The rest are alternates to scenes they decided to go with.

The empty throne is for Adam, who wears black, as does the Asian kid, so you'd still have two of the same color in the end.

the jap wears gray

I miss the Directors cut. What happened? They all sold really great. Is really that expensive to put new scenes on the film? It all can be done with a computer now.

it's fun, but screams 'sequel that might not actually happen' so i can understand why they cut it.

>that mockery of Ricky and Morty
fucking based

I thought it was a sky blue compared to Freddy's royal blue.

It just looks blueish in the scene due to the setting lighting

Attached: Shazam! (31).webm (960x400, 2.94M)

i feel sorry for all those people the wizard judged too harshly then threw away

That was the point

I'm torn on whether I would have kept the christmas party instead of the boardroom

The boardroom is so surprisingly brutal

yes
but the ending of the christmas party version was better I think, the sins appearing on the mirror and talking inside his mind instead of just talking to him that there's a champion in front of his father

While the Boardroom is brutal, I feel like the Christmas party a more mature approach to it.
The lack of the sins killing them is nice since it shows you what Sivana can do on his own and then the scene with him just talking to the remains of his father while eating the Christmas Dinner in the dark and then the sins showing up in the reflections.

even with all those deleted scenes the movie still feels too long for the story it's trying to tell.

>The empty throne is for Adam, who wears black, as does the Asian kid
Might just be your particular brand of colorblindness at work here, user.

Is Adam not a villain? Like, dude who killed all the original wizards villain?

It's a weird take on Sivana and I certainly sould have preferred something closer to the original but at least he killed all those people. I feel like the real Sivana would have liked that

What was the creative decision behind making Mary's outfit red? Was it only because she had it during the silver age and Johns wasn't aware she had a white outfit for so long?

Most of making a movie is editing.

It's her traditional outfit that gives respect to her as the original Marvel sidekick and it's a big hint that she's his blood sister. Also honestly, red looks better.

You're wrong, but that's okay, I don't hold it against you.

T to get into the details, the Marvel Family wasn't pubslished during the silver age(the sixties), ans she received her white outfit in the nineties and kept it until they put her in black and brainwashed her evil in later 00's, and she's been in red during her new 52/rebirth appearances... But I agree, why the fuck are they putting Mary in red instead of white, in both the comics and the film, especially since everybody else gets their own color.

He is a villain, but he didn't kill all the wizards. Modern day Black Adam is an anti-authoritarian who was warped by their abuse into a violent authoritarian, both before and after New 52. He's violent and sometimes evil, but they like to play him as possibly redeemable.

Mary came after Freddy (and the lieutenants) had already been introduced in the golden age. And you are just wrong, White is better.

Attached: Marymarvel_white.jpg (381x600, 49K)

black looked good on her though

Attached: mary marvel2.jpg (544x800, 129K)

Evil Mary a shit

The first black costume did. Countdown was a crap story though. The second design in final crisis has fucked up hair that ruins it. And it all ends on a downer note with her being fired by the wizard for being brainwashed evil after he came back to life. She should have either over came her brainwashing with her own goodness or gotten a redemption arc. Fuck even letting final crisis be the end of the plot with her being saved by Freddy and purified of Desaad would have good but they flipped her right back to being bad and under Adam's thrall in JSA.

Basically the first costume design was the only good thing to come out of the corruption plot.

One of the reasons I never understood peoples' hate for Curse of Shazam was how utterly shit Captain Marvel had been under DC for literally decades before. I cannot think of a single good story that wasn't an Elseworlds that featured him or his family from the 90's and 00's.

i don't think mary can be his blood sister in this contiuity. unless she's related to his father somehow.

it was. but it was still sad. imagine some wise old wizard telling you you're shit at a formative age, must have fucked up more kids than just sivana.

Power of Shazam was from the nineties and was fantastic. What the the fuck do you have against it? First Thunder was from the 2000's as was Mary membership with the JLI reunion group in Formerly Known as the Justice League, both which are well liked. Things only went to shit during the mid-late 2000's after Infinite Crisis.

Curse is kind of a mixed bag. It has some problems, but most of them have either been fixed or are being fixed.Right now I just want I just want Mary back in white and for her and the others to have proper good sounding codenames.

First Thunder is well liked (especially for the scene where Superman tells the wizard that Captain Marvel is a stupid idea nobody should ever do that's not happy at all) but I hate how much it hinges on abusing Billy Batson. It's a story that breaks Captain Marvel, trying to drag him into a grittier, darker world where he doesn't belong. Power of Shazam is fine, it's yet another take on Captain Marvel trying to make it more grounded but the worst I can say is it's sort of dull, and JLI is good but not because of Mary Marvel or what her setting brought to the table. You're right that the 90's weren't as awful for Captain Marvel as the 00's were, but I wouldn't call it by outright good.

Is that first scene an entirely different version of Sivana's family?

yes
having John Glover was much better so I'm glad they replaced them
his brother was better in the final version too

Another one that I wasn't finding in good quality

youtube.com/watch?v=NYF0CsikHe4

Attached: Darla blackmail.jpg (1280x532, 170K)

Also this
youtube.com/watch?v=JrhX6AehEiE

wow there's a lot

Yep.

THAT'S A LOT OF CUTS

it's not even all of it
they say about 30 minutes were cut or redone differently

That's enough for an entire different movie altogether. How the fuck did they make so much content, only to cut it at the end? Compared to Endgame or Captain Marvel, where it's only a handful of scenes that are even too short to be considered consequential.

At best she can be his half sister

poor production, blame Geoff Johns for being retarded

kys

Spoiler alert: most of these were cut because China didn't like them. It's why the black lady was replaced with a Chinese girl, the Christmas scene was replaced with a business office, and why the fight scene takes place in a downtown area.

None of these changes make sense in the China censorship context. Try again.

Not China censorship. Chinese demographic.

I know that Johns lives rent free in your head WallyGropius but go back to sucking off Slott, it's a much better use of your time.

>It's why the black lady was replaced with a Chinese girl
what?

Don't encourage him, he's one of these who thinks China hates black people.

They definitely do. The Chinese are more racist than southern whites

>we'll never have another film set around Christmas because of China

No, no they aren't. This whole narrative began with a shitty Star Wars TFA poster that removed Finn, but since then both Finn AND the Black Panther cast have been very well received there.
Fuck you for making me respond to your bullshit.

>well recieved
Communist Party film critics literally said that Black Panther was 'so dark I couldn't tell what was going on'.

>Shazam 2 will bet set in a summer camp and be released on Christmas

That was Game of Thrones. Again, fuck you for making me reply.

black panther is the lowest rated MCU movie in their imdb type sites and had the worst box office legs too

Is the BD out?

What does that have to do with racism? You're grasping at straws here just to try and create a false narrative here, which by the way began with the absurd claim that some deleted scenes were removed to appease xenophobic China. Fuck off.
And yes, it has been out for a week, although the deleted scenes haven't been ripped yet in the scene.

I'm glad they're not holding off on the sequel, it's good they're filming it soon before the kids get too old.

Really liked Shazam!, just wish the Sins were more memorable or had more personality. Think they should have color-coded the sins to make them more easily distinctive.

That's just smart business

Better than casting a 20 year old that looks like a teenager so you can take 3 years between movies

I feel they should had left the seventh throne scene, it could had been a nice nod to Black Adam's future movie.

I can see why they cut it, since it kind of moves Darla from endearing to annoying movie "cute kid".

Attached: big_1499836001_image.jpg (1280x564, 92K)

I downloaded the blu-ray with extras
There's 37 minutes of deleted scenes (counting the title screens)

Attached: Sivana family.jpg (1283x801, 199K)

The only additional stuff besides what has been posted is the alternate scene of kid sivana and him in the Rock of Eternity is slightly different (and the theatrical version is better), and a slightly different take of Billy meeting the foster family

Also, a lot of shots are actually in the movie but are between shots that aren't, so it gets padded somewhat

Pretty fun stuff

Attached: Shazam bonus.webm (1280x536, 2.38M)

Is this about MCU Spider-Man cause the main cast of those movies look like college seniors.

Attached: 8B678DF1-308E-4E9E-B459-FAA18F03D37D.jpg (200x200, 10K)

bump

which completely fits if you're comparing it to the 90s cartoon.

wat

Luckily the sins are still alive so maybe later down the line they'll break free and have tale human form like in the comics.

so the lightning basically makes him have an orgasm. I can't imagine why they cut this

She was annoying from the start.

You wish.

Man I wish they included the scene where Freddy hangs from his underwear

Attached: Shazam! (14).webm (1280x536, 2.36M)

>That's a lot of deleted scene's

Didn't the entire movie get rewritten midway through Principal Photography? That would explain all the deleted scenes.

no
and most of these scenes were just deleted and could have been in the movie, not alternate versions

for you

What's the next step of their master plan?

A director's cut would probably look like a very different movie

Except for anyone with bushy eyebrows, he'd probably rather torture them just for kicks.
But yeah, this version of Sivana just doesn't work.

Christmas Party is definitely a better version.

...and it's over!

we can go homes now

they wanted the raimi audience

The director is talking about the cuts on twitter, it was his decision. He says he's the kind of director whose director's cut would tend to be shorter, not longer

...Ok then someone else's cut, with the cool scenes back in.

Vids seem to have been canned.

>How the fuck did they make so much content, only to cut it at the end?
That's part of the movie making process, user. Of you notice, these cut scenes are alternates or additions to scenes that made it into the movie. The "Sivana kills his family at the Christmas party" scene was an alternate to the "Sivana kills his family at the boardroom" scene. Some of these, like the "additional power descriptions at the warehouse" scene was cut because they likely felt it was extraneous or would have made the scene feel like it dragged to much. Tgis is how movies are made. Most movies have hours of footage of alternate scenes or even the same scenes shot with different angles or dialogue deliveries that are discarded after selecting to footage to go with. Most people just never see it. There's likely more fiotage from thus movie left on the cutting room floor that's simply not interesting enough to make it as a DVD featurette

I'll never be able to take this shit seriously. Those blow up Spongebob anchor arms muscle suits are ridiculous.

Captain's Muscles were real

there is definitely more
the Mary actress said her fighting scenes didn't make it into the movie, and they're also not on the bonus material

I'm glad the amazon prime version will also have all the bonus stuff since I pre-ordered it for not having a blu-ray player

This

If you think about the change to the boardroom scene for instance, it provides an opportunity to show that Sivana lets the sins out of his body which is the cruz of the finale

The cut of the wizard let's us go straight into the Sivana flashback which is much more effective at starting the movie, ans so on and so forth, etc. etc.

Jesus christ those suits look so bad

It was meant to show that SIvana could let the sins out of his body to act on their own, so it works as a way to showcase that

Attached: Shazam.jpg (750x750, 129K)

Holey Money

no

>This video contains content from Warner Bros. Entertainment, who has blocked it on copyright grounds
Boooooooooooo!

There was a lot of practical effects in this movie

Attached: ouch.webm (1280x536, 2.18M)