Have read Watchmen countless times

>have read Watchmen countless times
>skip the gay pirate shit every time

still haven't read a word of it lol

Attached: 6a00d8341c630a53ef014e5f9296b3970c.jpg (640x425, 22K)

Yea fuck that gay shit ive read it once and nothing memorable comes to mind

>be watchmen casual
>oooh a watchmen animated movie
>its about pirates or something
>it was so bad I don't even rememeber what happened in it

out of every fictional piece of culture in the watchmen universe the most unbelievable thing was that "pirate media" would become a big craze in america

It's the worst part in the comic.

I have never heard anyone drop praise for it.

Weird too since the actual text stories are interesting.

Glad you killed yourself.

And why are you telling us this, user? What does it add to our lives to know this, or to yours to let us know? It is always foolish to skip parts of a story, especially one as complex as 'Watchmen'.

Attached: ABSWTCHMN-B-405.jpg (1680x2618, 1.64M)

>2019
>not enjoying the EC Comics pirate throwback scenes in Watchmen
I sure hope you guys don't do this yaaaarrrrrrr

Attached: costanza pirate 1324022306767.jpg (250x250, 13K)

Read it once and never will again.

Plebs that pirate story is important to Adrian.

It's not capeshit so it's automatically better then the rest of the comic

>Capeshit bad
Kys

>only read Watchmen once
>skimmed through exactly one Sandman comic
>old dude at library recommended Fables, for that reason alone dropped all interest in the series
Fear me Yea Forums, for I am the GigaPleb.

Well what DO you like, mate?

My nigga. Haha i forgot there were butt pitates until this post unlocked a memory of me skipping all of that shit.

How is a man making a raft from bloated corpses not memorable?

Attached: 1_ZNqztaWkd8qIpWp58T6OpA.jpg (1800x1440, 2.47M)

its literately the best part

>reading comics
never gonna make it

Attached: 8FD37D98-F421-48B3-8D4C-BD5D56B94F6E.jpg (279x304, 10K)

Low, unworthy men, who think themselves comics connaisseurs when in truth they are worse than the most depraved casuals.

How?

don't even remember there being a...pirate? section

I've never read Watchmen or Sandman, and on top of that, I really haven't felt like I'm missing something transcendental.
Or maybe I am, who knows... But I've never really felt compelled to check if it's true.

Yeah I know, "nobody asked", I guess it's a way of letting people know there's some like me out there.

see

It shows that Adrian, despite putting on a brave face, is traumatized by what he did, even though he didn't witness the consequences first-hand yet.

He is the man from the pirate story - and I realize this means nothing to you because you haven't read it.

Most people are like you. And no, you haven't missed anything 'transcendental'. I fucking love comics, but I don't think they are a key to another dimension or a way to save the world.

Still, if you can spare the time, you should. They're good reads.

Fables is mediocre shit, so you saved yourself some time.

Did you just watch the movie user? Whenever we go to that newspaper stand we get a snippet of The Black Freighter, the comic inside a comic that the boy is reading. At the end you find out The Black Freighter is an allegory for Adrian's plan.

What an unusual thread.

Honestly,I skip Black Freighter whenever I reread the book too, but for reference its themes play paralel (and foreshadow) the book proper, so it's not a complete waste.

Characters like Adrian, who are supposed to be hyper intelligent yet are written to be as stupid and shortsighted as any man of common intelligence, are the most infuriating to me because it shows a lack of awareness both in the written universe and the writers themselves. I really enjoy Alan Moore's stuff but Watchmen is pleb material. The pirate side story just serve as another reminder of how much Adrian had cucked himself to his own plans, when someone that powerful and smart would know better than to fall into a grade school level folly.

It's a fun read, but not Moore's best by far. Not missing much.

It's supposed to parallel Adrian's story. The marooned man sees the pirate ship heading in the vague direction of his home, so he thinks they're going to attack the town and kill his wife. Like how Adrian believes World War III is on the horizon and inevitable.

So the man makes a raft out of the dead bodies of his former crew. Which for Adrian, I think it is supposed to be the Comedian and all the people that made the squid that he killed to keep the secret.

Then the marooned man makes it home, assumes the pirates have taken over, so he murders a bunch of people on the way to his house, cause he thinks they're all pirates or pirate allies, gets to his house and sees a figure in the darkness, which he again assumes is a pirate and kills them. But it turns out it was his wife. You see, the pirates the never came at all, but in his fear that they would attack the town and kill his wife, he attacked the town and killed his wife. And that's Adrian squiding New York.

But while Adrian and the marooned man did far less damage then what they imagined would happen, they still became lesser versions of what the very thing they were trying to stop. The thing that might not have come at all.