Asian characters in comics and cartoons

Why do Asian representations still suck in western comics, cartoons, and films? Can we ever fix this shit? What should we do for it? Manga and anime are doing well in the west. Its nice but I believe we need another solution to it.
Also, "asians" here means literally every asian guy from every asian region/country.

Pic not really related.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 218K)

do they really?
or do you mean the X-Men films just don't highlight any of them?

America only has black and white

>still suck in western comics, cartoons
Another casual thread
>flim
go to Yea Forums

Because Asians are high on the privilege pyramid (only whites are higher). They’re not as vocal about sjw shit like blacks are. Not to mention they already have plenty of representation from media in their home countries; American blacks are too different to native Africans to identify with African media.
It’s why Joshua Luna is such a meme here; very few Asian Americans have that level of victim complex.

Adding to this, I think because historically asian people haven't had the same type of racially charged history black people do in America.

Not only that Asian people make up a smaller percentage of the overall american population compared to black and hispanic people. Not even getting into the various nationalities of asian people.

That isn't to say that they didn't experience racial prejudice. They certainly did, particularly during wartime.

There seems to be this idea particularly among the regressive, social justice asshole types that believe in self-flagellating, so to speak, in order to make up for past history. To use their perspective its easy to see why they would do so for black and hispanic people but not so much for asians.

So unsurprisingly there is a bigger push for black representation and less for asians.

By western comics you mean American comics, right? Honestly, you just need to give it time. Most comic writers base their work in the cultures they know, you're not going to find many American writers who are comfortable writing foreign characters in foreign countries. There's talented writers creating new asian american characters all the time now. Look at how big Kamala Khan has gotten.
If you're looking for another solution, maybe take a look at the history of Milestone comics. Back in the 90's a bunch of black creators thought that the minority characters in the big 2 were shit and made their own imprint. Static got a 90s cartoon from it. Icon, Rocket, and Hardware are all in the Young Justice cartoon.... While you're there, check out their book Xombi. It's a fantasy/horror story about a Korean-American guy who made himself immortal through nanomachines, it's wonderful.

>victim complex
oh fuck off

americans only see blacks as their minority since it is their pet race

Wish that's the case user..unfortunately when folks say Asian..they only think of the Oriental looking folk. Not say, Indians, Malays or the occasional East Timor guy.

As far as cartoons go there are plenty of asian characters

The problem is a lot of them are asian females.
They're not created for a diversity quota or because it fits in with the setting of the story. They exist because the author/creator has some yellow fever and they always have them shipped romantically with the creator's avatar/self insert. You rarely if ever see asian males in cartoons.

Attached: giphy.gif (500x281, 747K)

My Asian team line up for Dc...

> Peacock
Chinese vigilante who appeared in a Batman arc pre new 52.

> Aura
From Superboy & The Ravers, same powers as Magneto.

> Unnamed Japanese Goddess who appeared alongside the Shazam Wizard to condemn Pandora, Phantom Stranger & The Spectre.

> Sonia Sato / Judomaster (pre new 52)

Would be open to Katana also being on the team.

Attached: imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-4YNV7Jo3X8xrSQ.jpg (1745x780, 1.56M)

Or if there is an Asian male, he'd be the stereotypical Asian dad. Always angry for some reason.

>The problem is a lot of them are asian females. They're not created for a diversity quota or because it fits in with the setting of the story. They exist because the author/creator has some yellow fever and they always have them shipped romantically with the creator's avatar/self insert.
The story I’m writing has gender swapped yellow fever (amwf), is that better or worse

>goddess
weren't they all wizards?

when they did it really well (new superman)
nobody bought it and it got canned

Attached: _81027868_judd_trump_china_fans.jpg (800x333, 45K)

>Can we ever fix this shit?
Watch anime read comics
all the Asian you will ever want

i honestly dont like the asian hulk

Because Asians don't play the race card like niggers do.

I mean.... if you are crying because you cant see "your people" in media i kind of have to think want to victimize yourself no matter what.

I like the entire Justice League of China and Silk (after Slott of course)
Also don't go into the Luna Snow thread, fucking waifufags are livid over there

Attached: The Justice League of China.jpg (1988x3056, 1.3M)

>amwf

Rare and based.

They have their own media which is right up there with western comics, some will argue that it's well above it. I don't really think the word "fix" is needed as nothing is broken. If an asian wants a role model they got tons of them being made in their own homeland, I dunno why it has to fall on the shoulders of the west to accommodate everyone in their media. Hell when it comes to fighting manga I can't get two steps in to the fucking thing without the protag being some inheritor of mighty nip samurai genes. Just go look at Baki, if they made a tournament involving the strongest people in the world 19/20 of them would be Japanese who got strong by being Japanese. Shit, the canon reason USA left Vietnam in that universe is because they fought some Super Japan man.

Attached: 23.jpg (1073x1523, 626K)

You know I always wonder why doesn't western asian characters have a transformation hero? Kind of like a tribute to Casshern.

Asian dude here. I don't care about representation bullshit. Asians are generally emotionally mature enough to not need to project themselves into fiction. Write a fucking story and stop pandering.

>Black people
>Gets mad for being stereotyped as dumb people

>Asian people
>has no problem with being stereotyped as the smartest beings on the planet.

Makes sense to me. I mean is there really a "negative cannotation" towards asians?

>Wanting American company to make Asian superheroes.
>Not have Asian company male Asian superheroes and have them collab with American companies for a crossover

This is why you suck donkey balls op

Attached: 6417362-2520975358-42837.png (594x615, 670K)