How accurate is it?

How accurate is it?
youtu.be/K3vYbF3_TAk

Attached: xhiCD1zPCZ8i_640x360.jpg (640x360, 36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

yiff.party/patreon_data/107724/27466702/StiB_RWBY_Extras.mp3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

fuck if I know I've never watched a single episode of that trash

I watched the first few episodes and the animation was unbearable, don't know much about anything else.

Yes, it's pretty much true. Still have no idea why he treats being able to shapeshift into a bird as like some horrible curse.

Isn't he also unlucky to be around?

It was actually Raven who compared being able to turn into a bird as a curse. I'm sure in JelloApocalypse's impassioned speech he made the mistake of confusing the two. People who turn into birds all look alike to me too.

Attached: tumblr_pbvojlUrWt1u4lqxpo1_1280.jpg (1280x1544, 519K)

yiff.party/patreon_data/107724/27466702/StiB_RWBY_Extras.mp3

>jelloapocalypse

Attached: 8622fdd45f9add9bc3a93edff5872213c43f10e0_hq.jpg (512x764, 53K)

>Yang and Black are Gay? I dunno, I heard they double-teamed a guy!
Okay that's pretty funny.

Attached: Yang and Blake Double Team A Guy.jpg (480x360, 33K)

>yang and blake not talking
false.
>the section w ruby and qrow
replace it with yang and raven

>the gay subtext was an afterthought (implying after Monty's death)
lies

Attached: Haloid ending.png (514x303, 288K)

Its a compilation of the most common complaints and arguments the fanbase have had since he end of the most current volume.
He does a great Qrow though.

>It was actually Raven who compared being able to turn into a bird as a curse
I guess that's true, but the point of the bit was to point out that the overwhelming majority of ire the show directs at Ozpin is unwarranted, or at the very least confusingly disproportionate.

I've seen every episode and can confirm its all true. Being a Qrow sucks.

That's Qrow's semblance doing that

More fun than the actual show

I swear there was a scene that ruby also talked about about them being turning into birds, and everyone just accepting it as a bad thing.

I mean, sure, Raven might have been the one to mention it like being a curse, but it seems to be generally accepted to be a bad thing by every character for some reason.

WHAT DO YOU DO WITH A DRUNK SAILOR

There was no such scene, Raven was attempting to manipulate Yang.
Oz did talk a little about it after but that is where we learn that he can split his magic and give it to people, something he did for Raven and Qrow.
But because its just magic they have full control over it.

So as someone who doesn't watch the show, can anyone explain to me how the fuck they justify this as a bad thing?

They don't, Raven is a coward and was attempting to manipulate her daughter to stay with her bandit tribe.
Daughter chose her half-sister over her mother and the mother used the bird thing as a final manipulation.
The daughter still chose her sister and the mother gave a warning to not trust the guy that is directing the heroes to save the world.

Said guy does withhold otherwise vital info but isn't really a bad guy, he was literally tasked by the gods of the world to unite humanity.

They don't. At least, if you're not the audience RWBY is currently trying to pander to.

There's been an enormous amount of anger directed towards Ozpin last volume, and it's conveyed by the writing that we're supposed to find him despicable, which is confusing because it's largely unjustified.

But my sister watched the volume 6 finale with some girl acquaintances, and she told me they all loved it, were screaming "yaassss" whenever Yang and Blake had a moment, became enraged whenever Ozpin was mentioned, and reacted with disgust whenever a male character was onscreen.

So I guess there's enough people who are willing to give their incomprehensible writing a pass.

If anything, it's a little forgiving.

I didn't realize people still fell for the narrative style of 'point at character and say they're bad'.

I'm sure that Jaune and Ruby hugging sent them into a frenzy then.

They should get this dude to voice Qrow

People who say stuff Jello called out was hinted at or slow burned are giving Miles and especially Kerry far too much credit as writers.

Monty didn't carefully lay out Volumes of building up Yang and Blake as a couple, he wanted Blake to fuck the monkey in the cliche "Serious girl falls for easy going boy" romance.

They apparently do if they're completely blinded by their own sense of self-righteousness.

It's not too surprising considering how lacking in self-awareness everyone is nowadays

>tfw company that makes the show you're shitting on pays you to shit on them

People use "Monty's vision" as a sacred cow to deflect or make criticism when the show takes a turn that the viewrbase doesn't care for.
That the VA's do this regularly to deflect criticism is also a problem.

Sounds like she's completely free to not use her magical powers that Ozpin gave her if she hates him and the bird curse so much.

Will she ever return

Attached: EA25FC65-1A56-43F1-BA0F-F912BDF37E99.jpg (1001x797, 167K)

Am I the only one that likes Jello's voice for Ruby better than Lindsay's?

She is, later revealed to be a massive hypocrite anyway, given that she is one of six people on the planet to have access to real magic without limits.
Basically Raven is afraid of the villain of the series and is terrified of what will happen to her by fighting against her.

No.
May and her team are also M.I.A. too.
Fucking RIP.

No. Its pretty common that he has a pretty good voice for i.
Miles can apparently do a really good Weiss too.

The writers clearly wanted Ozpin to be a morally grey behind the scenes type character pulling the strings(WIZARD OF OZ, YA GET IT?) To write a character who does bad things but for good reasons, where the ends justify the means. But I honestly cant think of anything hes done wrong but suddenly all the characters just find him despicable for no reason. Finding out he gave Raven and Qrow the ability to turn into birds is suppose to be the big reveal and shocking twist, but like that ability sounds fucking awesome and super useful, plus they have full control over it. Also dont get me started on that raging Hulk guys backstory for hating Ozpin.
Miles and Kerry are fucking shit at writing but the core RT audience are children who dont question their fake internet friends.

Attached: 1551417860808.jpg (1124x1102, 228K)

Wow.

Is Qrow less of a bitch about it, at least?

No. It was surprisingly good.

Lindsay has somehow gotten worse as the show went on, someone needs to tell her that her character is growing up and to stop sounding like a mouse whose been sucking on helium.

He punches Oscar in the face

It's useless. By vol 10, her voice will be so high-pitched only animals will be able to hear it.

Nice to know that being a drunk lunatic runs in the family.

According to Shane M&K have been shitting on Montys vision anyways and the show has taken a complete left turn from where he originally wanted it to go

Disappointingly, no. He punches Ozpin (in Oscar's body), declares meeting Ozpin to be the worst thing that's happened to him, and becomes a useless, sad, sack of shit for the rest of the volume.

None of this makes sense for his character, considering what he's experienced and gone through.

He is, right up until he learns that the big good doesn't have a plan for dealing with the ultimate villain of the series.

I'd take his letter with a fistfull of salt and many of the changes Shane claimed they made were ultimately for the better.
Like Pyrrha having any chance of beating Cinder 1on1, or Raven attacking JNPR for no real reason.

Reminder that RT doesn't pay its animators for any OT they are forced to constantly work but hire people like Micheal B Jordan to do VA work for them.

Attached: 1516992336357.png (653x578, 688K)

He was 100% team Oz, the straw the broke the camels back was that Oz had no plan to deal with Salem.
Until that point he was onboard.

Which is understandable, because he spend most of his life after joining Beacon and turning from a bandit into a decent person following a guy that was meant to save the world.

I can think of a few things he's done wrong.
>Didn't tell them about the Relic being a Grimm Magnet.
>Saying the Relic had no questions at the time when it did.
>Bringing people into his circle to fight something that has no actual solution.
Though none of these really matter since these can be justified pretty easily.
M&K want to make Oz seem like a bad person, but they also need him because they couldn't just keep him dead, and he's the only one who actually knows anything. Effectively, they've written themselves into a corner.

Attached: image.jpg (292x315, 21K)

Ozpin is like a more shifty Mortal Kombat Raiden from what I understand. In that nigga keeps fucking things up

God I don't even care that it should be Raven instead of Qrow, I can't stop watching the Qrow scenes in this shit.

>>Didn't tell them about the Relic being a Grimm Magnet.
Yeah, this was wrong. Dick move on Oz's part.
>>Saying the Relic had no questions at the time when it did.
Did Oz know anything about that? I don't remember the scene.
>>Bringing people into his circle to fight something that has no actual solution.
This is also understandable, but he really should've been divulging more info than he has.

His only flaw is that he doesn't tell his allies important shit that could help them and inform their decisions about tackling certain issues.
He is a good guy, but he doesn't work on full disclosure and that is more than enough to make his allies not trust him.

needs more breadcrumbs

Attached: breab.png (500x298, 175K)

So what I'm to gather from this is that Ozpin isn't evil, he's just kinda stupid sometimes.

>just kinda stupid sometimes
He's not even that.
He's guarded, and maybe his judgement could be questioned in a couple of places, but seeing the show expecting us to view him as scum is genuinely confusing.

Everyone in RWBY is kinda stupid sometimes.
Oz just got the worst of it this volume because the writers trying to depict him as morally grey wound up creating a divide.
He makes bad choices at times, he is only human. He makes mistakes, he admits that much.

But his only falult is not giving his allies the info they'll need. Or sharing more about the overall situation with said allies. But its understandable he doesn't share everything.

How the hell do you people put up with this shit

Attached: te.jpg (979x1024, 82K)

Given his, "Do you really think Leo was the first?" Line, it's easy to say that he's seen tons of people turn on him the second they discover the truth. Fuck, Yang went from
>We're not going to turn our backs on you
To
>HOW COULD YOU THINK THAT WAS OKAY???!!! OZ MAN BAD REEEEEEEE!!!!
in the span of two episodes. That entire Jinn sequence only proved Ozpin completely right in not trusting them, when they reacted exactly the way he said they would.

Yep. That's about it. Certainly more than I can say for plenty of other characters, who are regularly stupid.

Got suckered in easy, had to stay because I like a couple of the characters.

>Given his
I know, I'm just saying that he isn't giving them much to go off.
They don't need the whole truth, but they do need to know certain things.
Like the relic is a Grimm magnet.

Somewhat yes. He's a huge control freak, and now that there was a (huge) ripple in his plan everybody is understandably mad at him for not telling them in advance and that he didn't really have a plan B.
>seeing the show expecting us to view him as scum is genuinely confusing
I really don't think that's the case. There still are some missing pieces in that puzzle, and Ruby (who is basically the one we are supposed to be relating on a moral level) is never really mad at him. All the ones who actively hate him are people who are emotionally unstable (Crow, Jaune, Yang) and who have to calm their anger and try to understand why he did what he did despite his (huge) failures.

I'd argue the only one that may actually hate Oz is Jaune.
Qrow seems chill after V6 and Yang really distrusts Oz but likely doesn't hate him.

Jaune really does not like Oz.

Not really, but my sis told me the thing that REALLY sent them into a frenzy is when Oz's consciousness briefly showed up again to guide Oscar to safety when he was going to crash land. For some reason. They apparently view it as a violation of "consent."

A lot of us won't anymore. Or some of us, at least--I can't speak for the portion of the fanbase on Yea Forums. The last volume, while it was a huge hit with the fans who want Yang and Blake to be a thing, was kind of the point where a number of us will drop the show.

A lot of us got into it at first--despite recognizing that it wasn't "good"--for a variety of reasons, some of the more prominent ones being the fight choreography, the butt-metal, and the odd, clumsy charm the series had as a passion project with some interesting ideas that no one expected to take off the way it did.

With Monty gone, it feels like the bomb-ass fights are no longer the selling point. And while the writing was always bad, now it feels like it has nothing to offer besides that.

You should put your sister out of her misery.

Very. The only way he could have been more accurate would have been if he had more time to include the cut ideas he had for the video.

Attached: F455AE56-0F22-4E2B-9351-5A8BADF6C782.jpg (580x1274, 483K)

F

>The last volume was kind of the point where a number of us will drop the show.
Just wait for the next trailer to reveal Penny 2.0 and for those fans to say "okay, just ONE more season then I'll definitively drop this shitshow."

Attached: 3r9715ly00t21.jpg (680x381, 49K)

Said ideas were?

M.I.A. May!

>Said ideas were?
Patreon exclusive. No word on if Jello will eventually post them on Youtube for the rest of his followers, but otherwise, they're behind the paywall.

DOESNT MATTER WHEN QROW IS WRITTEN OUT OF THE SHOW BECAUSE HIS VA IS A RAPIST

Oh well.

more like his VA is overrated

Same, then was told by a rabid fan friend that it gets much better if you just watch two more seasons.

Attached: b7e.png (1086x1292, 82K)

JelloApocolypse is a loser who isn't funny when actually trying to give "Proper critique" or "Analysis". His [x] in 5 sentences was funnier because of how quick and to the point it was.

>Ruby (who is basically the one we are supposed to be relating on a moral level)
This is perhaps one of the worst handled things about the show.

Judging from the writing, Ruby is supposed to be a "paragon" character, in that she has the least character growth because her ideals are the ones that everyone should try to aspire to, but she's done shit that's gotten them in trouble that isn't addressed and is not held accountable for and her impassioned speeches are silly and feel like they come from nowhere.

His character was so completely neutered last volume--both in terms of characterization and abilities--for the purpose of giving the girls more of a spotlight. It's not a loss at this point.

Redpilled me on RWBY, What is this show about and why are people getting mad about ship?

why is everyone trying to imitate weeb-shit?

I'm pretty sure a lot of us will just check the wiki or plot synopsis in the event that happens and not bother with the show.

Weeb webtoon made by a guy at RT that had a fetish for girls with flashy weapons and an autistic need to create stylish fights.
Story is a mess of ideas and characters are hit or miss.

People are too invested over ships in the fandom and everybody knows it, people are mad about lots of things so just ignore them.

Because it sells

>"the one we are supposed to be relating on a moral level"
>paragon
That's the word I was derping on!

>Jellys spot on Qrow voice and his better than the actual VA Ruby voice
Damn that was actually really good.

Attached: bobby.jpg (585x548, 17K)

It does get better volume by volume but its difficult to watch before the switch to Maya in Volume 4.

Attached: 1.jpg (1280x591, 208K)

anime is super mainstream right now and has been for at least 5-6 years.

RWBY is a show about 4 young women who go to a special academy to become huntresses and fight evil shadow monsters called Grimm.
People are mad because an overrated edgy villain was killed in a lackluster manner by two of the main female leads who might also be in love

>gets better volume by volume
>2 is worse than 1
>4 is worse than 3
>5 is worse than 4

Attached: 1544890544811.jpg (283x248, 15K)

Post more bird man

Attached: qrow.jpg (1920x1080, 230K)

V4+ look prettier and are gold for reaction images.

Attached: 01.jpg (640x640, 61K)

Attached: 1501128061395.jpg (1056x1920, 365K)

Attached: 342342424.jpg (738x1083, 126K)

Your sister sounds like a cunt

Jello is an annoying entitled whiny ass bitch, change my mind.

You can only post ice cream from here on out

Attached: 04BB9525-43F1-43F3-A639-7291279844EE.jpg (1448x2048, 351K)

The problem I personally had with 4 was that the plot got sidetracked into Ren and Nora shit. And the issue I had with that, other than not being important to the overall plot, was that it made me realize how much better I like Ren and Nora than the actual main team we're supposed to be following and it made me wish the show was about them instead of the other clowns.

Attached: boop177319.jpg (1280x1536, 332K)

Attached: s06e12_[1080p].ts_snapshot_10.44_[2019.01.20_04.56.49].png (1920x1080, 2.18M)

Revoke that rule or I post something you will likely not enjoy.

Volumes are so shorts I really don't see the point in comparing them one by one, it's like saying "chapter 12 of this book is better than chapter 15".
We can compare Era 1 (1-3) and Era 2 (4-now) tho. They both have a lot of pros and cons, but I think Era 2's weakness are more the result of incompetence when in the first Era's low points were mostly due to low budget and lower general scope. Still like Era 2 tho.

She's not. I guess it wasn't obvious from my post, but she was complaining to me about them, and doesn't share their viewpoint.

Someone posted the audio earlier in the thread.

I like RNJR more than RWBY, still want that spin-off comic.

Attached: 001.jpg (1280x1810, 340K)

what the fuck draws this type of person to rwby in the first place? it doesn't seem uncommon.

Oh, sweet.

Attached: god i wish that were me.jpg (500x137, 8K)

nice

Attached: mob.jpg (358x358, 16K)

Protags are four girls.
That alone is enough.
Same people that complain that Jaune is a thing.

V4+ does look prettier. But it's also way less stylised. The colours don't pop like they used to. Which was the main thing that made RWBY look unique. Now it just has graphics somewhere inbetween the ps2 and ps3.

Attached: 1479762191488.png (1156x1641, 929K)

A complaint about the show is that it's caught up in trying to pander to that type of audience. And considering that a lot of the cast on that show fall into that category and actively fan the flames, it's not too surprising, although disappointing.

Attached: 373.png (600x600, 258K)

Attached: Q-T.png (500x474, 116K)

Nah, even straight girls complain about Jaune. I don't think people hate him. They just want more of Ruby and less of Miles' self-insert.

I donno man, I like the style of the Maya volumes over the poser ones.
Everything felt kinda flat in V1-3 where as V4+ added more colour to the world around them.

>They just want more of Ruby and less of Miles' self-insert.
Blake dominates the show more than Jaune ever did and that self-insert comment was debunked forever ago.
Nowadays Miles doesn't even write Jaune's scenes. Its all Kerry.

But Ruby's the worst character

So what’s Raven doing at Taiyang’s house

Attached: B737FA62-6B4C-4CA9-8232-274269940741.jpg (700x543, 104K)

Shitting in the woods.
First thing she did was fuck off, shitty bandit whore.

Avoiding Tai and all her other responsibilities, probably being a bird

Will someone read that Team CFVY book?
I'm still somewhat mad that they got relegated to side material for basically being too OP.

Attached: D9dibmzXUAE_Ffz.jpg (1214x2048, 426K)

They added more colour. But it was also saturated. Yang's hair isn't bright spun gold anymore. Ruby's rose petals don't have a stark contrast to the lighting they use. It's about quality over quantity. Maya is more generic in how it looks and that makes it have a wider appeal. But it also takes away the originality of the red, white, black and yellow trailers.

Trying to start a new family, since their old one went off on a suicide mission.

Attached: 61237475_584642105357966_4970687626196788955_n.jpg (640x640, 57K)

>CFVY.
>Being OP.
Kek.
They are good against Grimm but the only member of the team that's actually good against people 1v1 is Fox.
Coco is downright terrible against people.

I've never before met fans of a thing that they hate so much yet are so agreeable about it. You are all a very agreeable bunch.

Attached: coffe.jpg (390x500, 35K)

Blake dominating the show is also a problem. Your whataboutism really just brought up more problems with the show.
>that self-insert comment was debunked forever ago.
Except for the part where it contradicted what Miles had said at a panel. What Miles said on Reddit is different to how he actually feels.
>Nowadays Miles doesn't even write Jaune's scenes. Its all Kerry.
Then Kerry needs to stop trying to please Miles by giving the self-insert more shit to do than Ruby.

Who is this? OC?

New character in the novel

I'm not sure if that is a insult or compliment, I guess you alright at well.

I heard a brief summary.
From what I remember, apparently it follows Lion King 1 1/2 logic and makes Team CVFY present for a lot of important events affecting RWBY for the purpose of making them feel more relevant.

Coco is super gay and flirts with chicks a lot. Fox, despite not having a single line of dialogue in the show, is apparently has a snarky sense of humor. Yatsu's semblance can erase memory to some extent, and he dislikes using it due to a mishap he had in the past.

I donno man, I agree with Yang's hair but Ruby's petals were never an especially stand-out thing for outside of the times the scene went white to accommodate them.
That happened maybe three times in the whole show?

The world around them felt lifeless in my opinion but V4+ added vibrancy to the environment and it shows. As a result the characters look more at home to me, while in Poser they looked alien to the world around them at times.

>fans
I don't know how many of us consider ourselves fans. I'm a former fan, I guess. And Yea Forums is hardly representative of a fanbase in any capacity.

Eh I disagree about V4, that volume was very washed out for the most part, V5-6 is where things started looking vibrant

We have the full spoilers out about now, if user wants he can go google.

Oh, yeah, definitely. Volumes 4 and above look better. I'm not taking that achievement away from the folks that are working 100+ hour weeks for RWBY. The effort pays off. It's just less unique. I got into RWBY because of how the trailers looked. With volume 4+ the graphics are nicer; but there's nothing that really stands out.

Attached: F63BCBAC-D8F5-4FD4-81D1-6902D7A0B28B.png (1280x1811, 1.31M)

I'm sorry, please inform your sister of my apologies.

V4 has a real stand out scene which sold me on Maya to be honest.
Ruby watching Jaune train at night.

Feel like I'm obligated to post something like this now.

Attached: I donno.jpg (774x1033, 107K)

Attached: 1493093572966.png (227x374, 102K)

yang's yangs!

Attached: 1548559894560.jpg (758x1000, 118K)

Tell me what you hate most about this show?

Attached: Detn1XyUcAAxx1d.jpg (837x1200, 88K)

Unironically both his fanbase and hatebase.

Ruby’s voice. Nails on a fucking chalkboard. And how there’s barely a million people populating this world

It is a very pretty scene.

I hate that we were shown that Adam received severe abuse from his time working under the SDC and instead of having Weiss just even know about it, it was pushed aside for Blake

cringe dialogue

I posted the wrong thing, forgive me user.
I have misplaced my Neo folder.

The fans?
I donno, I can't really think of anything I really hate outside of minor gripes here and there.
Like no giant knight fight in V6.
I feel like Oscar was a pointless character to have, but whatever.

Attached: 02.jpg (658x926, 111K)

Attached: DD50B4ED-3276-4E1D-80D3-2B871A1597EA.png (1251x1920, 1.02M)

One of the best in the show, two volumes on there isn't really anything to top it in my opinion.

I hate that we have to wait for a bullshit lorebook to come out just to find out ages/heights

Attached: Davids fucking pissed.png (232x380, 87K)

Bearing in mind that the lorebook might not even have that information because it is marketed as a lore/production book.
Enjoy your slightly updated World of Remnant user.

Attached: 24.png (1280x670, 1018K)

I'm hoping it'll have ages and heights since the person in charge of the book did acknowledge that's what people want on Twitter

the djinn reveal was pretty good

I'm just not optimistic, we know Ruby is 17 but I feel like it's gonna be the single laziest thing around.
Any info it gives is likely to be promptly ignored.

Attached: 10.png (900x756, 423K)

So with all the drama surrounding rwby atm. When is the next volume suspected to be out?

All my japanese cartoons were doin' it

GO BACK TO /trash/

october this year

When it comes to the show, I hate the level of incompetence the most. The people glitching through walls, characters contradicting themselves and fumbled themes and political messages. But, really, this all comes to what I hate most about RWBY as a product. The people making it don't care and just want to keep pushing the vehicle that advertises RWBY merchandise. Animators are working stupidly long hours, for low pay, and are being routinely replaced all for a show that Rooster Teeth doesn't care about.

I'll remain cautiously optimistic for now

Attached: Screenshot_20190630-150924_Chrome.jpg (1073x1526, 547K)

Tell me what you Love most about this show?

I suppose, Lost Fable was also pretty good as a whole.
But the V4 scene was damn-near perfect.

I want to motorboat Emerald through her cleavage window!

If I was still invested in the show, I'd be somewhat disappointed that her design has gotten less vibrant after vol 3.

Attached: em7_400.gif (300x300, 1.98M)

This, I guess.
There's so much wrong with the show I was unsure of how to answer, but I guess "incompetence," as broad an answer as it is, is the best single-word description one could give about it.

Please do.
I wonder if we'll see Jaune's "true emblem" that was theorised to hell and back.
I await further news, thanks user.

The world and its characters.

At one point in time it was Monty's fights. Then it was a couple of song on the OST.

Currently, it's probably the porn and nothing else.

13 hours later you post this

Attached: 1483947070279.gif (300x225, 1.75M)

>Jaune's "true emblem"
lmao what

I've been very busy.

yang and her story

Attached: yang_wearing_a_tifa_costume_by_camwooo_dd9n8c3-fullview.jpg (1024x1522, 147K)

Is anyone else like really into RWBY when it's coming out, posting in the threads and all that, but as soon as the volume ends you just completely forget about it until the next?

Attached: 1548581109390.png (1024x1536, 560K)

Jaune's kit is a hand-me-down.
Back in the day people wondered if the symbol on the shield was Jaune's or his great-grandfather's.
If the latter, what was Jaune's true emblem?

I stick around until my other fandoms start up, unfortunately they're taking forever to get started

It was Pumpkin Pete. Essentially, Miles made a joke about Jaune's true emblem being underneath his armor. He was making a joke, but it fueled some speculation.
Then we find out there was a bunny underneath it.

>people who still like the show are showing up
Well, it was a good time while it lasted.

She's such a babe, goddammit

Attached: rubem2316451.png (1029x710, 503K)

Well now I feel silly.

What I'm learning from the failures. I like trying to figure out what went wrong and what could have been done better.

Yeah, Raven was manipulating Yang there, but it was still framed in such a way that she was wronged by being "cursed" to turn into a bird, and Qrow was in the same boat as her.

It's just that Miles and Kerry don't know how to write.

The show has progressively gotten worse. Aside from improving the quality of the non-fight animation, it feels like they're getting less competent the longer they go on.

Nice!

How even did that happen? Is there an explanation for how and why Ozpin gave Raven and Qrow these powers, or are they just kind in the nebulous IN THE PAST zone?

Never given exactly how it was done, if the process was invasive or whatever (but likely not).
Oz has the power to split his magic between people, this is how the Maidens came to be when he split his magic equally between four girl.
He can do this for multiple people but he is lacking in magic nowadays because he has given it to many different people.

Lliterally just to self insert as Ruby, Yang or the crossdressing Arc boy.

They're phoning it in, that's why. Listen to the volume 5 commentary. Kerry sounds like he'd rather be doing anything other than talking about RWBY and sounds delighted at any opportunity to talk about something else. Also Miles became the chief writer at Rooster Teeth, so his attention is split, and Grey is focused on Gen;Lock. Which is what RT hopes will replace RWBY.

>Said guy does withhold otherwise vital info but isn't really a bad guy, he was literally tasked by the gods of the world to unite humanity.
Granted but the gods are kinda dicks.

They are just really, really stupid.
Like holy fuck, its like they didn't understand their own creations.

Attached: 345343.png (1024x624, 689K)

>Gen;Lock. Which is what RT hopes will replace RWBY.
I know its true but they really fucked that up.

>They are just really, really stupid.
>Like holy fuck, its like they didn't understand their own creations.
If that isn't a metaphor for the show itself, I don't know what is.

Attached: wrgwergsdfrgbsfrbsdfb.png (437x629, 257K)

>Never given exactly how it was done, if the process was invasive or whatever (but likely not).

I want to reply to this in an unabrasive way but the only thought that comes to mind reading it is that this is the worst method of storytelling I've heard of in some time.

That's what happens when you get Grey to do something. The guy spends half his time doing his best Dave Rubin impression by blocking people on twitter. I know he's a talented veteran voice actor. But director is a bit of a reach.
Salem's only mistake was going to the wrong god first.

We're only shown twice what happens when magic is transferred through improper means and sure enough, it seems very fucking painful.
But Oz says that his ability to share his magic about freely was literally god-given.

In both circumstances that it was shown to be painful, the circumstances involved Grimm or a machine that was designed to rip souls out of a person's body and send it elsewhere.

>Salem's only mistake was going to the wrong god first.
Ain't that the truth.

With the lighting and all, I guess it makes sense her hair doesn't look "glowy" like it used to, but she looks worse.

Attached: emerald.png (703x728, 306K)

>no lion mom

Attached: sometimes_you_lose.jpg (586x651, 55K)

yes she is in a dark place bro

bit of a better comparison

Attached: V5 em.png (505x663, 236K)

Unless her and her team went to Atlas and not back to Haven, she is fucked.

Attached: 2432.jpg (768x1024, 311K)

gib mint chocolate please

Attached: 1478840955173.png (778x512, 45K)

Dark God is total bro tier.

>Flare for theatrics.
>Gave humans magic.
>Created monsters for them to fight.
>Allowed for death so that people get to chill in the afterlife.
>Departed the planet like a boss and gave them a cool moon.
>Has the better dragon form.
The day Remnant discovered metal was the day the GoD got the followers he always wanted.

I like the show's music...

Attached: b7207c39d1f3e84e808840de8000825d757dbdafr1-998-1180v2_hq.jpg (866x1024, 71K)

The songs tend to be weak lyrically, but the ost is unquestionably the most competent thing about the show.

Who doesn't love Casey Lee?

Attached: 1561928024422.jpg (237x213, 12K)

All we got is a small cone of the only ice cream you will need

Attached: 4057DB74-0053-498C-A10F-7EDA8CB6AA59.jpg (1210x2048, 277K)

Will RT ever use nude models for the characters, so we can have more outfit options?

Attached: 3.png (1035x765, 874K)

>triple dubs
Neo is best girl

that'd be too convenient and useful

>What a sweet relief
>When you rest in peace

Attached: 1549715302256.webm (940x450, 1.19M)

>best part of V6 and got best song
Cant be beat

Attached: chibi neo evil smile.png (242x287, 70K)

I would prefer real music pieces over some college girl singing if you ask me. Look at the more ambient, yet beautiful tracks in western games like Dragon Age or Witcher.

Attached: 1555409315883.jpg (2048x1148, 237K)

Attached: 80E7C3BA-43F6-481F-A533-EBF9CC709307.jpg (240x320, 21K)

Unfortunately, RT is rife with nepotism.

i only like her appearance being similar to Sera from Megaman Legends.

Attached: file.png (283x1156, 229K)

bigger

Attached: Freaked Bug.png (510x755, 444K)

The orchestra version of time to say goodbye is pretty good.

Attached: 1514774814469.png (1029x710, 461K)

JELLO DID BOTH!?

Redpill me, Yea Forums. Is this series worth watching? All 6 seasons?

Attached: 1555984748406.jpg (217x199, 21K)

It's weird how her voice actress only got the job because she was Shane's wife, yet she's still holding it down. I would have thought that she would have been replaced at some point.

It's binge-able, if it's worth it is up to you

Not really. The show was dated for 2012. The fights, that were good then, are pretty mediocre now and better stuff has simply come and gone. The main thing is the good character designs. Without them, the show would be nothing.

>Also Miles became the chief writer at Rooster Teeth, so his attention is split
That explains why Camp Camp's been pretty... weird lately. Between it, RvB, RWBY, and whatever else, Miles doesn't seem to have the time to keep everything 100% in check, and he keeps relying on guest writers.

At least the music is solid.

Yes

I'd say that he's amazing but Ruby's actual voice already sounds like a grown man imitating a teenage girl so....

Jordan was always the main guy for Camp Camp. It's his project. Miles, to be fair, did add some nuance, seeing as how he was a camp counsellor. The problem is that Camp Camp didn't have a solid foundation. It's a bunch of jokes weaved into a plot. So, that gave them more freedom at the start. But, eventually, things were bound to get unstructured.
It always comes down to the planning phase with Rooster Teeth. I've just now noticed that.

Oh god no

fuck off

yes its fine retards will try to get you to hate it over stupid shit

>The show has progressively gotten worse
the only one that really bad is volume 5 why are retards trying to shit on everything this show does

rt shill detected

i love when people talk about shit they know nothing about

Attached: 1516582187648.gif (300x300, 1.49M)

>y-y-y-you are a shill
get a better argument

Attached: 1561682764885.gif (500x250, 819K)

I'm sorry we're pointing out the flaws in a show you like. Do you need a hug?

>pointing out the flaws
>putting words in the people mouths saying they hate doing the show now

Attached: 1474311018110.png (152x197, 61K)

Normally, I'd agree with you. But, Kerry is leaving RT and spent the whole volume 5 commentary trying to talk about anything other than RWBY. I didn't put words in anyone's mouth, the man is done with RWBY.

she gets like 4 lines per season.
hard to fuck that up

good if he does fuck off he is the fool they tried to push neptune as a cool Ladys Man and they have more people helping them do the writing than just 2 people

it's not her fault he went crazy

For someone accusing people of putting words into other people mouths. You sure do presume a lot on behalf of others.

why do you think neptune became more and more of a joke fool

Yeah. I know that, and you know that, and RT also know that. But I didn't think they sweated the small details. Especially when they were had already fired Mercury's voice actor for minimal defiance. It seemed like they were just going to wipe the slate clean.

I like mint chocolate chip.

Attached: 84975.jpg (680x943, 73K)

Because he was always a joke, fool.

It's a modern Saturday morning action cartoon with likable character writing.

I don't really understand why people are so hell bent on hating it.

Read the fucking thread

Attached: 1539395215635.png (1413x958, 72K)

>But, Kerry is leaving RT
Wait, really?

no he got that from his ass

She has a nice voice for an amateur. She also manages to be a better voice actress than all four of the main cast.

Supposedly he's been considering it. I think it depends on whether or not a better job offer comes along.

>entire first half of the thread gives legitimate criticisms of the show's shortcomings
>bait

im not talking about those dumbass

Attached: Emerald_Profile.png (250x500, 144K)

Was RWBY good before Monty got murdered?

Attached: yuck.jpg (500x500, 25K)

Attached: em7436.jpg (496x496, 80K)

listening to video game music is on the same level of cringy as listening to webseries music

For it's time it was unique and that helped alot. It's aged badly though.

Not really, no, but this somewhat summarizes the appeal it used to have for me.

Attached: D91014E6-8E68-4629-A90A-39B9E52EE988.jpg (1448x2048, 254K)

Atlas story arc will be metropolitan mayhem kino. Corruption. Mob bosses. Weiss.

I can’t wait.

>its really, really fucking boring.

only saw the first 2 seasons, but jesus why would I waste more time on something with such a bad start.

It was worse when Monty was alive. It has been on an upward trend since Volume 3.

>upward trend since Volume 3

Attached: 01415988922614.jpg (732x442, 53K)

Depends. Do you think Pyrrha almost beating a serious maiden 1v1 and only losing because of ruby showing up a good idea?

I want to fuck Salem

The character writing is less erratic, everything in the show is more unified, and as much as people bitch about the endings of the volumes and how they got stuck in a house, we actually got character interactions that were sorely lacking in the first few volumes and indications that these characters interacted with more than just their designated pair.

Volumes 1 and 2 were a production nightmare where Miles and Kerry and Gray were scrambling to buy time and produce something halfway coherent.

why do idiots say this miles and kerry have always done the reading

does anyone have that one copypasta of Emerald living with user, falling in love and being happy?

Attached: em30438496d_hq.gif (300x300, 1.1M)

Except for the part where he says RWBY Chibi is better than base RWBY it's completely accurate.

The motivations behind character actions are poorly defined. There's a greater degree of interaction and the world is bigger, but everything is so badly executed they'd have been better off scaling down their ambitions for the series.

For volumes 1-3, the writing could get cringey as fuck, but you weren't scratching your head in confusion at how incomprehensibly people would act in response to something nearly as much.

>The motivations behind character actions are poorly defined.
Who for example? Ruby's motivation is to do good, Jaune is to support and protect his friends, Ren and Nora are to support Jaune and protect each other.

Yang has slowly made Ruby and Blake and little bit Weiss the center of her world and wants to protect them as she lost all hope in Raven, Blake is the messiest but is clearly motivated by her mess of issues relating to Adam, the White Fang and Yang and Weiss just wants to be with her team again after realizing how shit the SDC is.
>There's a greater degree of interaction and the world is bigger, but everything is so badly executed they'd have been better off scaling down their ambitions for the series.
But it's not even that fucking ambitious. It's still a straight forward as fuck fantasy plot with a set series of goals, a set villain, and a cast of villains that despite growing in the latter seasons is also shrinking.

>at how incomprehensibly people would act in response to something nearly as much.
Let me guess. Cinder at Haven. That is what you are thinking of isn't it?

Sometimes I come across fan projects that handle the show material better than RT does, whether it's stories, comics, or plans for a fan reboot. Pic not really related.

I'll probably continue to check out fan stuff even though I've dropped the show.

Attached: AAAA.png (1317x1809, 240K)

I think his expectations were as low as they were gonna go, by that point. In a vacuum, it'd be a fairer assessment.

bad meme

Attached: D-B0h-bVUAAYmWR.webm (400x300, 70K)

I don't he meant it in that way. He just said that Chibi ultilizes the characters better

>character said joke so its better

Attached: dd.jpg (2001x1125, 178K)

I think Blake and Ruby have talked more in RWBY Chibi than in canon

>a show with jokes is better than a joke of a show
No shit!

Yeah, I dislike that Adam was really built up as an ensemble villain (history with blake, cutting off yang's arm, slavery under weiss's family, and potentially silver eyes like ruby) and then they just sort of forget about that.

Like they throw away this great villain so they can build him up as an abusive ex and give three full seasons of focus to Blake, who only gets blander with the focus because that's how ensemble shows fucking work, you have to develop every character equally (it's like how "maximize x*y under the condition x+y=10" is maximized at x=y=5, ensemble casts multiply each other together and overly focusing on one just gives you less depth overall).

and then it's like oh okay i guess these two girls like each other now despite never interacting, blake clearly getting romance flags with monkey boy, and yang having the personality and character development of a wet paper bag. oh, and remember when she was angry at blake for fucking abandoning her for two full seasons? (i'd be mad too if i had that much screentime stolen) guess that's over now! let's kill off our most developed villain so blake can have her trophy wife! (not like they were going anywhere with adam anyways, way to ruin his potential)

RWBY Chibi has Roman so it's infinitely better

First three are definitely worth it. I watched the rest because like, why not? But nothing after Monty died has had any particular wow factor to it.

There are 3 threads about Rooster Teeth on Yea Forums, 2 attempts on Yea Forums, and now this. Is it because RTX is in a week and people need to get their hits in before a RWBY Trailer or Death Battle reveals the Link Battle Royale or something?

Nah, man, I'm a professional editor. Seasons 4+ are the sort of thing we'd publish in our young adult section no questions asked. We wouldn't touch Seasons 1-3.

You might think that means 4-6 are better but you'd be wrong.

Make an actual point.

>They're better
>But they're not actually better because of my taste.

>Adam was really built up as an ensemble villain

Attached: HaHaHah.png (504x529, 458K)

i mean this is the right board for this

They'd have better luck pushing "Oz Man Bad!" if they harped more on the fact that Hunters are child soldiers fighting in a war started by an ancient domestic dispute.

Budget isn't the problem, the problem is the shit writing that just got shittier as time went on. It's gotten to the point where literal fanfiction is better than the actual show.

You'd love the manga then. Basically cuts out all the bs, and is a better written story for it.

It was always awful, don't let anyone on Yea Forums try to fool you otherwise.

It's bland, boring shit.

Underrated.

you make fanfic dont you fool

Need Emerald hallucination version.

The real question is who's who.

Cinder and Ultima- I-i mean Salem

At the cost of character interaction.

The manga is the same problem I have with Cross Tag Battle. Japan loves to keep characters on a singular trope because its mroe marketable.

>Yang is only the hot head "I love fighting" girl
>Weiss is always the ice queen and that's it.
>Ruby only cares about weapons. Lol

the one reedeming factor of later seasons is that they grew beyond just that. I'd heavily doubt if they let japan write RWBY we would have gotten stuff like yang losing her arm or Weiss actually developing until like 20 volumes in.

No

Go fuck you're self nigger

Again No...

Attached: 1560822336821.jpg (400x400, 81K)

the action in vol 1 and 2 are pretty good
but they are filled with the most retarded shit
>foodfight
>not having any idea what the fuck the bad guys are doing
>trying to make us believe anyone would pull out a fucking scroll in the middle of a fight
>school dance
>finale of vol 2 being the most anticlimatic shit imaginable

This.

you can even see it in the fandom. Most of japan's fan artists focus on the 1-3 designs because the first three volumes were the closest to generic anime and their comfort zone.

I still remember that vid RT did of Miles and Kerry going to japan to Vol 3's premiere and meeting the japanese seyuus and fans and the only thing they remember jaune for is the "vomit Boy" joke that hadn't been relevant since vol 1.

For those who haven't seen the show
>Didn't tell them about the Relic being a Grimm Magnet.
He didn't want to tell them because he was worried that their fear would turn the relic into a Grimm-er magnet
>Saying the Relic had no questions at the time when it did.
He has secrets because of see below
>Bringing people into his circle to fight something that has no actual solution.
The alternative is to NOT fight the thing that'll kill everyone, and he thought that they'd loose hope if they knew WHICH THEY DID

Overall, Ozpin tends to come across as a man out of his depth and doing REALLY well in an impossible situation. And who has seen so much that he's basically a precognitive.
Honestly, the entire later volumes RWBY and Ozpin can be summed up as a dad telling his kids not to touch a stove and the kids then get mad at him when they tie him up to touch it anyway.

Don't forget

>Stingers at the end of seasons that lead to nothing because Monty just threw them there because "It looked cool!"

>he thinks shit that gets published is necessarily better
>especially in the YA section
No, dumbass, it's the stuff we think will sell to retarded children who have no sense of taste. We'd fucking publish Hunger Games but we'd never publish 1984. Hunger Games is edgy and counterculture and will sell gangbusters. 1984 is weird and niche and the general demographic wouldn't appreciate it.

1984's not even that great of a dystopia, but it's still worlds better than the shitty popcorn that is Hunger Games. Likewise, seasons 1-3 are worse for casual viewing, they're less polished, they have less of a true "plot", but they have sharp qualities and strong identities that break through those minor flaws.

>Blake's ex lover, mentor, partner.
>SDC logo branded on his face.
>Cut off Yangs are and gave her PTSD
>Rose motif like Ruby's.

I know it sounds funny but Adam had everything he needed to be Team RWBYs antagonist. But he only deals with Yang and Blake. The rest of the team probably don't even know he's dead, and I doubt if they were told they would care.

I'm talking about early Adam. he had the potential to be a villain for every member of the cast. They steered him away from that direction when Monty died and turned him just into Blake's villain (and by extension Yang's villain since Yang only exists to be arm candy at this point)

Attached: 1561574618520.jpg (1344x654, 73K)

adam fags are sad

>", but they have sharp qualities and strong identities that break through those minor flaws.
But nothing has changed other than Monty no longer animating fight scenes. As much as people bitch that the show has changed all that has changed is that it has more time to breathe.

I wish it had more time to breathe, how do characters who are supposed to be a group of close friends on the same team not even interact with eachother one for nearly an entire season, namely Blake and Ruby or Weiss and Yang.

>how do characters who are supposed to be a group of close friends on the same team not even interact with eachother one for nearly an entire season
>Saying this while trying to defend the first three volumes.

ARE YOU GENUINELY RETARDED.

>adam fags are death
Fix for you buddy

No?

Count how many times Blake and Ruby talk to eachother in volume 6 for example. Its less than 5.

>Likewise, seasons 1-3 are worse for casual viewing, they're less polished, they have less of a true "plot", but they have sharp qualities and strong identities that break through those minor flaws.
What sharp qualities? What strong identities? The first three volumes were defined by a lack of a strong identity and purpose due to the chaotic nature of the production. Monty was a mess in terms of what exactly he wanted the show to be and often the writing staff would have to half ass and half bake the show into being something workable.

People can call this charming all they want, but what that resulted in was an unfocused mess that succeeded despite itself. Monty's fight scenes are no longer in play. That is undeniable. But everything the show is doing now, is what the show was doing before, except without a lot of the chaotic behind the scenes issues. Characters aren't being given arcs after a volume because Monty decided to throw something in.

And that is better than what we used to get because often you'd have characters completely and utterly not acknowledge the existence of other characters. The lack of conversation in volume 6 didn't lead us to believe that Ruby was just utterly ignorant of Blake's existence.

What bothered me the most though is Yang and Qrow not talking at all, even when he was having a rough time, they're supposed to be family but only Ruby seemed to care or even try to offer help.

And that is an issue. But again far better than what used to happen.

>people actually think volumes 1-3 is better than 4-6
Are people just mad that the show was always for Tumblr girls?

Pretty much.

Killing Pyrrha was a mistake :^]

>But everything the show is doing now, is what the show was doing before,
I mean this is a show called RWBY yet the titular team was split up for two whole seasons. Yang got no focus and Blake got fucktons of it. Most of the characters have actually regressed in personality, especially in the more plot-driven volume 6.

You say the 1-3 are unfocused, but I say 4-6 are the unfocused ones. Those seasons accomplish fucking NOTHING. 1-3 manage to introduce all the characters, fit in a bunch of cool fight scenes, set up all the dynamics, have a nifty tournament arc, and have competent villains present throughout with actual consequences caused by their plots. What the fuck has happened in 4-6 by comparison? Walking places, sitting around doing nothing, and generally not interacting because the entire party split up for two fucking seasons.

Pyrrha was the mistake

Pyrrha having bigger boobs than Yang was a mistake

>1-3 manage to introduce all the characters, fit in a bunch of cool fight scenes, set up all the dynamics, have a nifty tournament arc, and have competent villains present throughout with actual consequences caused by their plots
Let's go through these step by step.
>to introduce all the character
Except it didn't. As a consequence of how it came out, although we were literally introduced to all of the characters, all of the characters did not get the focus they actually needed or wanted. It's funny you bring up the fact that the show is called RWBY but the team was split, when the first three volumes barely focused on RWBY as a team, and almost not at all in certain places. You want to know why I would call volumes 1-3 unfocused in terms of character introductions and characterization in general? Because Jaune was a major player in both volumes to the point of taking up a significant portion of the screen time of both volumes. He and Pyrrha were made the focus of two arcs across two seasons and a major across the third and in comparison while RWBY got their arcs in, entire pairs were not even remotely explored. Ren and Nora were introduced, but also clearly only there to fill out the rest of JP's team.
> fit in a bunch of cool fight scenes,
Have you ever actually gone back to see how many fight scenes are actually in the first three volumes? Three had the most, but the first two basically had three each on average. With them being less than five to ten minutes . RWBY barely had any fucking fight scenes.
>set up all the dynamics
Characters barely interacted with each other. People straight up until the fourth volumes did not know if Ren and Nora were friends with anyone in RWBY or if Ruby and Blake knew anything about each other. Or even Yang and Weiss. What fucking dynamics are you thinking of?

I've never watched RWBY but I want too fuck the white one.

Attached: Weiss_Schnee_(BlazBlue_Cross_Tag_Battle,_Character_Select_Artwork).png (958x1168, 528K)

>People actually think anything is better than V3

It's gone so far past a joke at this point. People try to be contrarian and it's sad because of how painfully obvious it is.

The only aspect of V3 that falters is the choreography of some fights, but at least there was actually some emotional investment and consequences to the fights this time around, unlike every other fight since where literally NOTHING of actual worth happens outside of Adam (who was conveniently allowed to fall in the water so they can play the "no body lel" card if needed).

Qrow survived his poison. They killed the Knuck. Weiss survived her harpoon. Cinder survived her fall. All the actual characters survived the attack on Blake's Palace and the chameleon was forgiven. Everyone took out the White Fang with no issues. They all defeated the sea monster and then the army lady let them free.

No fight has actually mattered since Pyrrha died.

Same. I've only played her in BBTAG and she seems to be the best of the bunch.

>and have competent villains present throughout with actual consequences caused by their plots.
Do you remember what those competent villains actually did and the consequences of their plots?
When you actually break down what they did, all of their plans only succeeded because of massive ass pulls and fucking inanely complicated plans that made little to no sense. For the first volume there was barely any coherency to what they were planning and volume 2 was actually a massive wet fart in how little the plan made sense and how little consequence it had. Do you remember watching volume 2 and how fucking disapointed everyone was that it was solved by fucking CFVY in less than five minutes?
>Those seasons accomplish fucking NOTHING
Except they closed off pretty much all of the left over plotlines of the first three volumes, gave as bad as the backstory was more characterization and backstory to Ren and Nora as well asBlake, Raven Qrow, Salem, Ozpin. Set up the main goal of the show with the crew now having an idea of what they have to actually do to defeat Salem,
How do you defend the meandering mess that is Jaune Arc is bullied and Jaune Arc tries to date Weiss and say that fucking nothing happened in volumes 4-6? At least when we diverted in 4 to focus on a non-RWBY we didn't have to sit through a high school drama.

This, RWBY lacks basic story arc/act structure and as a result, it really feels nothing at all matters in the grand scheme of things.

>(who was conveniently allowed to fall in the water so they can play the "no body lel" card if needed).
They literally showed him cracking his lifeless spine on rocks.

>RWBY lacks basic story arc/act structure
Explain.

You do understand that at the end of the day RWBY is not a show about people dying hopelessly?

These complaints Qrow survived his poison. They killed the Knuck. Weiss survived her harpoon. Cinder survived her fall. All the actual characters survived the attack on Blake's Palace and the chameleon was forgiven. Everyone took out the White Fang with no issues. They all defeated the sea monster and then the army lady let them free.

All of that is completely in line with the kind of story RWBY is. Why did everyone get convinced by volume 3 that RWBY was suddenly game of thrones?

I'm probably giving the writers too much credit here, but I think it's supposed to be a dramatic shift in perspective that left them unable to see things the way others people do. Like... imagine everyone was born with only one half of their body for long enough that it's all anyone remembers, and everyone is hopping around on one leg fumbling with only one arm, and half-blond with only one eye, but then some guy gives you the ability to temporarily grow another leg to stand on. Suddenly, yes, you can run and jump like no one else could even dream of, but that's just it: you now have some idea of just how fucked up and incomplete you really are and you're the only one that sees it. And the guy that did this is actively hiding it from everyone - for their own good, so they don't suffer knowing what you do... except the reason he let brought you into the fold is because he's getting desperate in the last stages of a war to decide if humanity lives or dies.

all the wasted potencial
the fanfics have more congruence than the original show

Why is Weiss the only good thing left on the show?

Attached: Weiss_ProfilePic_Normal.png (250x500, 161K)

I really dont, but my music tastes are strange so it could be ok.

>Except it didn't.
It LITERALLY did. I'm not talking about character development or focus. I'm saying that it had the actual responsibility to introduce the ENTIRE FUCKING SETTING and all the characters involved, and it did that in a far more graceful way than seasons 4-6 have handled any of their shit AND in a shorter total runtime.

> He and Pyrrha were made the focus of two arcs across two seasons and a major across the third
Because Monty wanted Pyrrha to fucking die. Build up a story, use the main characters as a base around which to build other things, and then describe the final effects of the story. You know, an actual fucking payoff? That thing that seasons 4-6 don't fucking have? Seasons 1-3 are focused, they have a solid fucking idea of what they're trying to build up to. Seasons 4-6 are the ones that fucking "meander".

>Three had the most, but the first two basically had three each on average. With them being less than five to ten minutes
The fucking seasons had shorter runtimes back then, though, so it was a higher concentration of fighting.

>Ruby and Blake knew anything about each other. Or even Yang and Weiss.
Yeah, because these pairs have totally gotten better-developed. Oh, no, wait, that development time was spent on Blake's Emo Journey with a guy she doesn't even end up with romantically. How the fuck is that "focused"?

>Ren and Nora, Raven Qrow, Salem, Ozpin
so fucking side characters?

>Set up the main goal of the show with the crew now having an idea of what they have to actually do to defeat Salem,
WOW, SURE GLAD WE TOOK THREE FUCKING SEASONS TO DO THAT (remember how this all actually only happened in a few episodes and the rest was filler?)

>sit through a high school drama.
Oh fuck off, as if a poorly-executed adventure fantasy is any better. At least the high school setting wasn't constantly trying to accomplish some nonsensical save the world plot.

the maya models are full nude, M&K said that in an interview, to adapt better the outfits to the "physics" engine

See, I'm so split on this matter. Because I just can't imagine that the writers are so incompetent that they wouldn't realize what that scene would look like. They literally just ended the last season with Cinder "dying" and falling into the water, and she's still alive.

Like who actually boards out a classic Disney death and thinks "yeah, that little spine crack at the end is definitely going to signal to the viewers that he's dead".

It almost seems more likely that he's going to come back in a ninja wheelchair or something, that's how ridiculous him actually dying seems with how that scene was directed.

>what is neo
Weiss is trash

>I'm saying that it had the actual responsibility to introduce the ENTIRE FUCKING SETTING
And did so in the most clumsy way. You do remember that to introduce the concepts of aura they made Jaune's backstory a fucking mess that they haven't wanted to touch at all and you do realize that they created an entire side series because of how little was actually done to make any sense of the world the characters were inhabiting. By the time of volume 3 we were still having questions having to be answered by supplementary material.
>Because Monty wanted Pyrrha to fucking die.
And how does that excuse the fact that in comparison RWBY got shit all. Actually read the complaint. It was not only that Jaune and Pyrrha got focus, but the focus took up so much time and as a result the other characters got barely anything and for three volumes the other half of JNPR were none characters and we had entire dynamics in RWBY that nobody fucking knew about.
>Yeah, because these pairs have totally gotten better-developed.
Yes. We actually know they're friends now. They've had actual moments together. And as for Blake's emo journey with Sun, that was not the fucking reason behind that fucking journey. Do you really think the entire point of Blakes plot was to hook up with Sun and that not happening means her plotline was unfocused?
>Qrow, Salem, Ozpin
>Side characters.
>WOW, SURE GLAD WE TOOK THREE FUCKING SEASONS TO DO THAT (remember how this all actually only happened in a few episodes and the rest was filler?)
>Filler
What does that word fucking mean? Filler. What was filler? What do you want to call filler? Them acting like friends before talking about what was going on? That was filler? The moments that actually went somewhere with establishing them as being friends with each other? Giving characters actual characterization and backstory is filler to you?

anyone has After the fall pdf?
preeeettyy Rubes-tier pleaaase?

>Oh fuck off, as if a poorly-executed adventure fantasy is any better
No you fucking retard. It was literally high school drama plots. Jaune being fucking bullied and Jaune wanting to fuck Weiss but having a love triangle.
You have your fucking nostaliga goggles on so fucking hard that you are genuinely trying to argue that volumes 1-3 were focused. The seasons constantly went from one extreme to the other in terms of tone and themes. Volume 3 was so fucking far away from the previous volumes that it convinced people that anyone could die in a series that never had that ideal.
For fucks sake. It was not a high concentration of fighting. It was literally nothing. Three fucking scenes a volume.

Adam could've been a decent villian for Blake and Weiss had they fid the whole conflict between Blake snd Weiss in the decond volume better/longer.
Yang could've had Hazel chop off her arm, and he'd probably be a better foil for her and it would still fit since their both brutes with anger issues and family drama involving Oz.

He got stabbed twice and we saw he smash into the rocks. That was not remotely like what happened with Cinder.

Why didn't Jaune know what aura is but knew what Hunter's were?

Someone had to be forced into the audience surrogate, even if it makes his character worse by doing so.

So to introduce a basic bitch concept about the world, they made a major character's backstory make absolutely no sense.

>Adam's character song doesn't mention Blake at all

Attached: 1519850627997.png (354x484, 208K)

>being completely frozen
>having spikes of ice growing out of your heart / lungs, abdomen, and thighs
>falling what appears to be several hundred feet onto water (aka solid concrete) while completely frozen
oh yeah these are all classic signs of life

More signs than Adam got
Also Cinders VA practically confirming her being alive by saying she's excited to do more with her and Adam's VA making it clear he's finished

>By the time of volume 3 we were still having questions having to be answered by supplementary material.
As opposed to all the in-depth world-building they've done in 4-6? Again, even if it was "clumsy and incomplete", they actually fucking accomplished the introduction

>And how does that excuse the fact that in comparison RWBY got shit all
Because something actually got fucking accomplished and relationships were developed between RWBY and Jaune / Pyrrha that could later be exploited for PAYOFF. Again, 4-6 have fucking NONE of that, they accomplish fucking nothing, they're the fucking unfocused chapters. They split Blake away from the rest of the party and give fucktons of focus to Blake / Sun and they don't even have the fucking decency to kill one of them off or have them fuck him at the end of it. You say that 1-3 are unfocused because they don't build RWBY enough, but neither do fucking 4-6 and when 1-3 spent time focusing on side characters, they actually DID something with it.

>Yes. We actually know they're friends now.
Yeah, Ruby and Blake, what fantastic friends. As fucking if. 1-3 managed to do way more development in a way shorter time.

Did Yang and Weiss even fucking talk in s6? I honestly can't remember. It's not much of a development if you proceed to entirely ignore it the next season.

> Do you really think the entire point of Blakes plot was to hook up with Sun
No, I don't "think" that was the point. I'm suggesting that if that WERE the point, it'd be a dramatic improvement and it'd actually fucking make sense. It'd be focused. As it is, they accomplished fuck-all and wasted fucktons of screentime.

>The moments that actually went somewhere with establishing them as being friends with each other? Giving characters actual characterization and backstory is filler to you?
I don't remember any of this happening. What I remember is a lot of walking or sitting in a house while people got mad at Ozpin.

Cinder surviving being electrocuted, frozen, falling 50 feet, thawing out underwater without suffocating, manage to get back to the surface, somehow digging her way out of that fucking cave, and STILL being a smug bitch after failing AGAIN. Will always and forever be bullshit, and no amount of sad puppy dog, shitty ass backstory will ever make up for it.

>No, I don't "think" that was the point. I'm suggesting that if that WERE the point, it'd be a dramatic improvement and it'd actually fucking make sense. It'd be focused. As it is, they accomplished fuck-all and wasted fucktons of screentime.
That arc resolved Blake's issues, ended with Adam losing the support of the White Fang and put him in the position to be killed. And you think it would have been better served if it was just to make Black Sun happen.

Holy shit.

>they actually fucking accomplished the introduction
Except they did. They outright explained Salem, Ozpin, magic and nobody's character was ruined to do so.
>Again, 4-6 have fucking NONE of that,
They do and again, that doesn't excuse the horrible characterization and pacing of volumes 1-3 no matter how much you keep saying that.
>1-3 managed to do way more development in a way shorter time.
No it didn't.
>I don't remember any of this happening.
Because you didn't watch the show.
>I'm suggesting that if that WERE the point, it'd be a dramatic improvement and it'd actually fucking make sense. It'd be focused. As it is, they accomplished fuck-all and wasted fucktons of screentime.
And this is the big one. The stupidest fucking point made. It accomplished fuck all? It resolved major storylines, led to Adam getting killed and removed the White Fang from play. DID YOU WATCH THE SHOW YOU ARE BITCHING ABOUT?

Your sister sounds pretty based desu

>No you fucking retard.
"No"? What the fuck are you even replying to? AS IF A FUCKING SHITTY ADVENTURE FANTASY IS BETTER THAN HIGH SCHOOL DRAMA. I'm mocking your fucking tastes. I'm saying that what RWBY currently is isn't any fucking more interesting than it used to be, and that the fucking drama plots were more valuable to the story than any of the ridiculous world-saving shit that's happened since.

>nostalgia goggles
Oh fuck off, you have "anti-nostalgia" googles. Everything new is better, it's shiny and the models are prettier so that makes it good.

I watched 1-3 when 4 was just finishing up airing, FYI, and you'd better not pull out some nonsensical oldfag argument. I don't have "nostalgia". If I had "nostalgia" for 1-3 I'd have "nostalgia" for 4 as well. And I've gone back and watched 1-4 just to confirm this, and you know what? 1-3 are still fucking better.

>It was not a high concentration of fighting. It was literally nothing. Three fucking scenes a volume.

> And you think it would have been better served if it was just to make Black Sun happen.
Yeah. Or Sun dying, or Blake dying, or Menagerie getting nuked, fucking anything. We spent two fucking seasons on Blake's issues and "putting Adam in a position to be killed", and then another full season killing him? Are you insane? How is that a fair fucking tradeoff? We spent 3 seasons on Pyrrha dying and Beacon getting fucking NUKED, you're going to try to claim that there was more "focus" in volumes 4-6?

>I'm saying that what RWBY currently is isn't any fucking more interesting than it used to be, and that the fucking drama plots were more valuable to the story than any of the ridiculous world-saving shit that's happened since.
>Jaune Arc being bullied and Jaune, Weiss, Pyrrha, and Neptune being in a love rectangle was more valuable to the story than the actual plot.

Weiss is the worst of the 4 in TAG that she was majorly buffed twice just to make her decent

And even then Mitsuru is simply better

>How is that a fair fucking tradeoff? We spent 3 seasons on Pyrrha dying and Beacon getting fucking NUKED, you're going to try to claim that there was more "focus" in volumes 4-6?
Yes.

>and that the fucking drama plots were more valuable to the story than any of the ridiculous world-saving shit that's happened since.

Attached: niggawhy.jpg (600x422, 93K)

>Somebody is actually defending the fucking Jaune arcs.

The completely unfocused writing that spent 90% of season one developing a side character before half of the four main characters were even established, completely forgot about all of season two, then tried to tell a dozen stories at once in season four only for season five to have nothing in it but filler until the last minute.

They got Weiss wrong but yeah this is all correct. You can only like this show if you have a lot of bullshit tolerance.

Attached: 1546424404630.png (812x1036, 844K)

>A-Adam is super cool and he was going to be the main villain of the show and fight the entire cast at once, Monty told me himself! Muh vision!
Adamfags are the most retarded people in a fandom of retards

Attached: Edge.png (314x105, 11K)

We need a training arc

The cast had the same stuff for volumes with only Weiss and Yang having noticeable improvements. But I feel that Aura and Semblance can be pushed further to include specialised techniques and stuff

>They outright explained Salem, Ozpin, magic
Wow, those 3 lore-based episodes in season 6 totally forgive the other 30+ episodes where nothing happens. Fucking hell, look how clumsy that was all handled, too. Just literally have a fucking narrator drop a bunch of exposition on you, jesus christ.

>and nobody's character was ruined to do so.
Oh fuck off, everyone was complaining about "Plot Device Ruby" and "Depressed Qrow" and "Irrationally Mad At Ozpin Everyone" the entire last season. They absolutely did ruin characters in service to their shitty plot and their shitty world building. And when exactly did 1-3 outright ruin characters? HOW did it ruin characters and setting concepts when it was fucking INTRODUCING them?

>They do
>No it didn't.
We're clearly at a fucking impasse, you could at least try to develop some sort of argument instead of just contradicting what I say.

>Because you didn't watch the show.
Or maybe I just don't have bargain-bin taste like you do, dipshit. I don't even think RWBY is that good, but at least 1-3 had something of fucking value in them.

>It resolved major storylines
Like what? Yang went and found her mom? Yeah, that resolved so much, they totally didn't raise more questions than they answered and then completely forget she existed in the next season. They killed Cinder? Lol no she's alive. Found the relic? Whoops, turns out Salem's unkillable, one step forwards, two steps back!

>led to Adam getting killed and removed the White Fang from play
Oh, awesome, I'm glad this amazing payoff was presented in the weakest, least interesting way possible and that all of Sun's screen time in seasons 4 and 5 was well-spent when he delivered the final blow against Adam! I'm sure glad that that entire final fight was used as a way to get Blake and Yang together when they literally had not talked in two seasons. And the White Fang? Had only interacted with BLAKE since s4, Salem was getting the focus otherwise.

>They got Weiss wrong
>dislikes Ruby and loses every fight she's in
They're half right

We got a wicked 'training arc' in V5 user, don't tell me you've forgotten about Ruby's sick headbutt skills?

>REEEEEE SUN SHOULD'VE KILLED ADAM

Attached: Neosnicker.png (1045x1165, 196K)

>the other 30+ episodes where nothing happens.
How does nothing happen? You keep saying that nothing happens but you outright say you don't remember major plot points.

You know what happened in volumes 4 and 5 and 6? We got character moments and characterization that you keep saying you don't remember.
>Oh fuck off, everyone was complaining about "Plot Device Ruby" and "Depressed Qrow" and "Irrationally Mad At Ozpin Everyone" the entire last season
But that all makes fucking sense within the canon. It's not Jaune not knowing what aura is but wanting to be a Hunter. Depressed Qrow was depressed because he found out a major earth shattering thing. Ozpin was mad because they forced him to relive the worst moments of his long long shitty life.
>Like what?
Blake's issues with the White Fang. Weiss and her desire to take over the SDC. Yang and her fucking mother. The mystery of who Salem was. Jaune and the trauma of Pyrrha's death.
>and that all of Sun's screen time in seasons 4 and 5 was well-spent when he delivered the final blow against Adam!
I don't even know what to say to that.

>Sun's screentime needed to end with him killing Adam.

Attached: iu1.jpg (610x405, 32K)

Yeah, because you know what? They accomplished shit. They legitimately fucking accomplished shit. Jaune and Pyrrha were integral members of the plot whose development actively and logically led to the events that eventually took place, whose results were climactic and far-reaching.

>jaune bullied
Means Pyrrha gets closer to him, trains him, this all sets the stage for their relationship and for Jaune being a sad boy the next few volumes (although they've so far utterly failed to develop on that, way to go retarded writers)

>Jaune crushing on Weiss
Contributes to his future sadness. Gives Pyrrha obvious motivation as she tries to get closer to him, to impress him, and is a large contributer to why at the end Pyrrha sacrifices herself, because she and Jaune are literally not fucking close enough for him to stop her.

>Pyrrha's sacrifice
Delays Cinder AND provides Ruby the motivation to silver eye, which wounds Cinder.

>the plot in general
Gives Cinder magic and results in the fucking destruction of an entire city and school, the entire focal point of the series so far, and kickstarts their big old journey.

This shit is IMPORTANT. IMPORTANT things happen because of that dumb high school drama. Less important things have happened on their entire big long journey, Blake's soul-searching adventure, finding a relic, finding Yang's mom is a witch, less important things have happened as a cause of ALL OF THAT than due to Jaune and Pyrrha's high school drama. THAT is a lack of focus.

Yeah but she has like five minutes of character development. That's six more minutes than all her teammates.

>THAT is a lack of focus.
No it's not. You genuinely don't understand what focus is.

>That is a lack of focus
No what you described of the Jaune Arcs is a lack of focus. Pyrrha and Jaune's relationship did accomplish all that, but ultimately Jaune is being forced into a more prominent role as a result of it. He took precedence in the first three volumes over the named in the title cast. It could have been called Jaune the show and Ruby could have been his love intrest and we wouldn't have to change much about the series.
That is a lack of focus.

Attached: dbmt0ul-a5d3fa48-a15b-4a79-a79d-8af77ae9dc6e.png (750x1280, 833K)

So Jaune is a important main character who struck major blows against the evil side right?

>I don't even know what to say to that.
Jesus christ you guys. What did Sun accomplish? No, really. What did he accomplish? They spend all this time building him up and then he just fucks of to nowhere. I'm not a fan of the guy. I liked Bumblebee, if anything. But they take an asset, a resource, that they have poured hours of screentime into, and they drop him, he's gone, he has nothing to do with the resolution of the apparently "vitally important" plot he was a part of. This isn't a main complaint. This is just yet another example of the unfocused writing 4-6 have. They split the fucking party in 2 and they do nothing with half of it. Everything they did with 2 parties they could have done with 1 party and no Sun.

> It's not Jaune not knowing what aura is but wanting to be a Hunter.
A minor fucking nitpick? This is the lynchpin you're basing your entire argument on? Hell, I'm going back and watching that scene, Jaune LITERALLY never says "oh, I did not know that thing you were talking about existed". It's possible he knew it was a thing but didn't know that much about it. It's possible that normal people in general don't know much about aura, and Jaune just wanted to be a fucking Huntsman without knowing the details, like a kid who wants to be a fucking astronaut.

>It could have been called Jaune the show and Ruby could have been his love intrest and we wouldn't have to change much about the series.
Yeah, you could. But you could say much the same shit about 4-6, Jaune didn't get any LESS important, the show is STILL called RWBY despite half the team not even being in contact for two whole seasons, and in the end you're saying "it's not focused because the title isn't EXACTLY what the show is about" while I'm saying "it's not focused because the show itself clearly has no fucking clue what destination it's heading towards and doesn't reward large spans of development with equally large payoffs".

No, because in SEASONS FOUR THROUGH SIX they have completely mishandled the plot and squandered Jaune's previous, MASSIVE character investment, like they do everything else. You can't blame seasons 1-3 for setting something big up and then ALSO blame seasons 1-3 when seasons 4-6 completely fail to make use of that setup.

>You can't blame seasons 1-3 for setting something big up and then ALSO blame seasons 1-3 when seasons 4-6 completely fail to make use of that setup.
Yes we can, because Jaune was never supposed to have all that set up. That is the issue. That is why RWBY volumes 1-3 are being called unfocused and messes.

Pyrrha was meant to die, but Jaune was never meant to take as much precedence as he did. Volumes 1-3 were originally planned as a single compressed season that due to production issues were stretched over five years and three volumes. Jaune was never supposed to have that much investment into him, because nearly everything they did with him was to give Monty time to animate because everything having to do with the girls was labour intensive. This is something they've discussed themselves.

Volumes 4-6 are them trying to get the series back on track. And while you say Jaune didn't get any less important, have you noticed that they are actively trying to pull back on his screentime to actually focus on RWBY? That's because they always meant to do that but the production of the first volumes completely fucked them over.

This. Killing Pyrrha in such a manner was such a shitshow because of how lacking the writers were in following through with the implications of her death. They send Jaune in an emotional spiral only to magically pull him out of it in a single scene in season 6 because they couldn’t commit to that storyline (for whatever reason).

Worse still, in order to avoid addressing Jaune’s plot seriously, they also trivialize Pyrrha’s by trying to spin it as some heartwarming tale of “trying” or whatever the fuck to make it seem as though Pyrrha’s death was somehow fulfilling and ideal.

If this is what JNPR was brought into the story for, JNPR was a mistake.

>Jaune LITERALLY never says "oh, I did not know that thing you were talking about existed".
But he didn't know what it was, didn't understand what it was, had to have Pyrrha explain the entire concept to him and everything you're talking about makes even less sense once you consider that every year there is a massive tournament broadcasted to the entire world that spells out what aura is and how it works.
>What did Sun accomplish
He helped and supported Blake. That is why his last words before leaving was that he did it for the right reasons. I didn't like it but its not what you are fucking painting it as.

>have you noticed that they are actively trying to pull back on his screentime to actually focus on RWBY?
You must mean in volume 6, because in volume 4/5 he still was overshadowing Ruby.

Bullshit, sorry. Volume 4/5 had way more Ruby than Jaune. Hell, Ruby had an entire ending monologue for Volume 4.

No I mean in volumes 4 and 5. They had to acknowledge the fact that Pyrrha died and the effect it had on Jaune, but even Miles discussed that they had to make him less prominent because of how much time he had taken almost by accident.

>(for whatever reason)
Have you never looked into the production of the first three volumes.

>Adam's character song
There are character songs now? Where?

I’ve seen bits and pieces but I can’t believe that the early production was so bad as to make this sort of storyboarding mistake. This is something you actually go out of your way to fuck up, and as hacky as 1-3 was, it was 3 years to think up of a simple plot structure for JNPR. They had plenty of time to lay off the gas and stop building them up.

>I’ve seen bits and pieces but I can’t believe that the early production was so bad as to make this sort of storyboarding mistake.
Monty fucking died because of how bad he made his situation, not others, how bad he made his situation and his right hand man was a genuinely mentally ill dumbass who in the aftermath released a letter detailing what he believed to be the sins of the company that revealed how unbelievably fucking retarded Monty was in terms of production.

>I’ve seen bits and pieces but I can’t believe that the early production was so bad as to make this sort of storyboarding mistake.
They didn't have storyboards.

here you go user, one hot plate of some fanfic

Attached: AnonXEmerald.png (8311x2894, 2.86M)

>The rest of the team probably don't even know he's dead
Blake had to have mentioned him being dead at the end of Volume 6. Weiss commented on all the shit she went through.

That just means they're barbie dolls.

>he has nothing to do with the resolution of the apparently "vitally important" plot he was a part of
He did though. The White Fang plot ended in Volume 5 (terribly, but it did end) and he was there for that. Adam in Volume 6 was largely his personal vendetta, hell, he even kills the remainder of the Fang at the start of the Volume.
I think the actual fight setting was anticlimatic as fuck but if you thought anyone but Yang was going to be Adam's final opponent after Volume 3's ending, her arc in Volume 4, and Armed and Ready merely existing, I really don't know what to say to delusion that strong.

Attached: 1503762729832.png (601x529, 117K)

I use storyboarding as a general term, not the specific act of storytelling.

You don’t just create a character without a specific end in mind, especially when you make them so focused on like JNPR. Jaune is the typical underdog-turned-avenger with a lost leonore in Pyrrha - that tripe is something that is very simple and common so I highly doubt they didn’t plan the two with that sort of story in mind.

>You don’t just create a character without a specific end in mind, especially when you make them so focused on like JNPR. Jaune is the typical underdog-turned-avenger with a lost leonore in Pyrrha - that tripe is something that is very simple and common so I highly doubt they didn’t plan the two with that sort of story in mind.
Holy shit you don't know anything about the production of RWBY.

The maidens were shit Monty threw in right before they started on volume 3 because he replayed a FINAL FANTASY game.

user, as cringe as RT’s production is, they did plan out Salem from the very beginning. They aren’t fruit flies with no comprehension of time and thus have no idea how to plan out a story.

Monty designed characters and a world in a rather nutty way, we all know the cringe ass details, but there was still many planned elements.

How you could fail to plan out JNPR, I do not know. Especially when you try and make them as prominent as RWBY in the first couple volumes.

Now if we had a whole episode dedicated rob SSSN, maybe i’d Believe that RT is just riddled by LSD and doing what feels ‘aesthetic’, but that didn’t happen.

>ow you could fail to plan out JNPR, I do not know
The first three volumes were meant to be a single volume that took three volumes and five years to come out. All the planned character developments of RWBY had to be stalled because those moments also had fight scenes attached to them.

Monty Oumygod Heart Attack!!

Pretty sure the maidens were a concept that was planned but they were still on the fence on. It was so dramatically bashed in as you frame it... even though it was still pretty bad.

That’s not as bad as creating characters for which you have no coherent story.

>Pretty sure the maidens were a concept that was planned but they were still on the fence on
No. Monty straight up came up with the concept before volume 3. It was mentioned in either the letter or commentary.

They still had these very clear character development moments, along with Jaune and Pyrrha on top of it. They weren’t exactly struggling with “how should we develop Weiss”, it was more production struggles with animating in poster and actually building a render farm about that and hiring a team.

Those were the big problems of Volumes 1-3, not planning out Blake’s WF plotline with Sun.

>Volume 4/5 had way more Ruby than Jaune
The problem with Jaune and Ruby in volume 4/5 isn't screen time. It's substance.

Volume 4, Ruby is sharing the spotlight with Jaune, but in the end Jaune edges out more and still manages to overshadow Ruby's presence in that volume since this volume focuses mainly on JNR.
We get brief moments focuses on Ruby too that volume. We get waking up in the middle of the night due to ptsd from beacon, but almost immediately we're followed with what Jaune's doing during those scenes and his drama with Pyrrha.
We're learning more about Jaune's family.
We're starting to see the beginnings of his distrust with Ozpin, bitterness, his feelings on Ruby being hunted, the maidens and Gods during the campfire scene(Ruby gets a few moments to to give input in that scene as well)
He's the one planning the strategies to take down the two main Grimm we see in the volume.
We finally get a moment of where Ruby is starting to process her grief, until Jaune cuts her short and gives her the cheer her up speech.

They try to make him less prominent, in the end he ends up having maybe 2 lines less than Ruby that volume.

Volume 5. Jaune does have less of a presence, but so does Ruby to be honest. And aside from a fight scene here and generic friendship speech there, Ruby doesn't really do much here either. Towards the end, focus shifts right back to Jaune, him gaining his semblance, his drama with Cinder and Oz. And this is despite Ruby having more lines than him in this volume.

>They weren’t exactly struggling with “how should we develop Weiss”
That's not what the struggle was. The struggle was they couldn't make the show and how to default to other less intensive plotlines to fill for time.

So Jaune's arcs were several episodes long and took up a significant portion of the volumes.

Strange. I swore there was a part to it where Monty had planned for the maidens along with the relics but only convinced the rest of the writers during volume 3. My memory might be hazy, it’s worth a review.

And still, even if what you say is true (it is believable), that doesn’t change the fact that the act of creating a character and planning their story is so much more basic and rudimentary than a plot element like the maidens.

RT might have been impulsive and reckless and silly with a lot of RWBY things, but I can’t imagine they fudged characters like that. I can’t believe RT would design Roman without touching on his demise.

>that doesn’t change the fact that the act of creating a character and planning their story is so much more basic and rudimentary than a plot element like the maidens.
He made up Neo because he saw a cosplayer, didn't tell Miles and Kerry about how he was going to ruin what was supposed to be a massive reveal with Penny because he wanted to make a fight scene look cooler, actively over estimated his own ability to produce animations and apparently just used to make shit up while listening to Linkin Park.
>I can’t believe RT would design Roman without touching on his demise.
Are you the guy who has been arguing this entire time about fucking volumes 1-3 being more focused?

Implying that Jaune’s storyline wasn’t intensive... all of that was a direct setup to Volume 3’s finale and what was to come, that is not some simple filler they inserted to fill time. It was intended to be a critical story best.

They could have had Renora misadventures, more Penny issues, brought CVFY in for some gossip, but they invested hard on Jaune’s story.

>I can’t believe RT would design Roman without touching on his demise.
Roman was meant to be dead by the first volume, but they kept him around because they liked Gray, but also because due to production issues they couldn't introduce the next tier of villian after him so soon.

He was killed off because he was supposed to be dead for two seasons by that point.

>all of that was a direct setup to Volume 3’s finale and what was to come
A volume 3 finale they changed mid production because of how little it matched with Jaune's previous characterization and how fucking inane it had gotten due to all the stupid bullshit Monty threw on it.

I'm pretty sure Roman was suppose to be a one off villain for volume 1 but they liked the character and kept him around.

People seem to think that Monty was just able to toss in shit left and right and M/K just had to roll with it. But M/K were perfectly capable of putting their foot down on a lot of shit if how Pyrrha was originally suppose to die is anything to go by.

>But M/K were perfectly capable of putting their foot down on a lot of shit if how Pyrrha was originally suppose to die is anything to go by.
They straight up changed that after Monty died. Listen to interviews. Jaune it seems was going to be the reason Pyrrha died well until halfway through the volume airing.

In Volume 5, Ruby had a whole speech with Qrow and also had a whole segment on trying to improve her fighting. Her failed attempts to talk down the villains and her silver eyes are way more forward-thinking than Jaune having a cringy semblance reveal. Ruby has only increased in focus, with her anxieties and concerns in volume 4/5 being redressed and explored with her actually getting a mentor for her eyes, while Jaune has actually regressed in focus and importance, abandoning the prime source of drama in his character thanks to spiritual “she’s with me in spirit” hootnany.

Ren and Nora’s Development in volume 4 is nice, but it is not something that benefits Jaune.

Which interview? Because only Shane's letter seems to imply that.

The recap ones after each episode. Gray unsubtely hints that Jaune would do something that would turn the whole fanbase against him. While his fuck up guarding the chamber could be it, the intensity was far too much for that to be it. Alongside the letter it doesn't outright make that what happened but they clearly went a different route when Monty died.

Everything feels like they're rushing to wrap it up too quickly after barely developing any of the characters. Roman is too popular with the fans, so better kill him off! Trying to tell your audience who to cheer/boo and then forcing your way when they don't do what you tell them to is never a good thing. Cinder comes back when she has no reason to. Salem and her gang serve as foils just fine and that conclusion was satisfying after all she did. Adam showing up out of nowhere at the end of this last volume made no sense, especially when he said he'd been tracking them the whole way. Of course, while they rested at the house and were perfectly vulnerable he didn't strike. There was also no way to tell where they would be after the trainwreck. Now Salem going Wicked Witch herself signals that they're going to race towards the finish in this volume possibly. It's sloppy. Monty was the one with the passion to pace it right. These people can't hold their loads and don't have the level of passion for it that Monty had to take the time to pace it right.

If the news media is any indication, it still does work.

It was tumblr. People made fanart on there, then the people there became the loudest, most obnoxious group of fans, so RT thought they were the majority.

Agreed.

Ruby learning how to headbutt and refusal to ask follow-up questions is why I point out most of the problems with Ruby and Jaune is based on substance.

Ruby's lack of close combat skills gets dropped in volume 6, along with whatever the fuck was the reason Weiss forgot how to fight.
Ruby finds out the truth of her silver eye powers, not by seeking out the truth, but by conveniently meeting up with former silver eyed warrior(who also happened to be a super cool hunter that no one mentions until just that moment)on her way to Atlas.
I disagree about Ruby increasing in focus in later volumes. Ruby didn't have any issues getting focus in volumes 1-3 even when she was sharing the spotlight with her teammates. It's more they were wasting valuable time in episodes that could be as short as 6 minutes some weeks, on Jaune and his issues that could've been spent on something far more important.

>Monty was the one with the passion to pace it right.

If the story treated Jaune like the supporting character that he is then they would have had more time to both establish and develop team RWBY. Jaune is not a title character, he did not receive a trailer, he is not in any promotional material, he is not the character that viewers came into RWBY to see. Jaune is for all intents and purposes a supporting character he isn't and should have never been treated as a main character.

You don't need him to learn about Phrya, because they could have just made Phrrya RWBY's friend and cut out the middle man. He isn't needed to help understand the setting because the world and its mechanics because the setting is a school, they could have just had the characters recap on it in a lesson.

Jaune's issues are only important to Jaune's character not not to the show itself. Jaune is irrelevant.

Finally someone that gets it.

Jaune is this show's Lars.
It fortunately means that he can be salvaged.
For starters, he needs to realize that he's not doing all that quest to avenge Pyrrha, and I think that they're on the right tracks following that one scene with not-Pyrrha.

Attached: bingo bongo.png (236x236, 71K)

Did best girl ever come back?

Attached: bb1f10d620f560635390215ff766e4d5.jpg (552x782, 44K)

Got the interview?

No but she got a book.

Sorry I meant in terms of line delivery and personality.

Likely because her VA is the only one that gives a shit about her performance.

>he isn't and should have never been treated as a main character.
But like

This brings up the question of what is competent storytelling. Like, okay, he shouldn't have existed, JNPR should never have existed, it should have just been RWBY and they slowly slowly eased into other people existing, yeah, okay, sure, go with that. But that isn't what happened, and now the writers have a choice to make. So far, in the entire series, the most important events have been centered around Pyrrha and Jaune. They had a ton of development and spotlight in the first few seasons.

Do you just ignore that or do you keep going and go like "okay I guess this is what the show is now"? Because it happened, and you can never undo that, and you can either choose to make use of what you have or you can ignore it entirely and try to start fresh. I can't help but feel like competent writing does the former, especially since to this very day you have absolutely nothing that tops what happened with Jaune and Pyrrha, that's still the highest-stakes most developed most emotionally-charged event. Ruby's robot friend died, they all lost their school, they failed, Jessica Nigri got fire powers, ozpin died.

Like if you had something to replace that all with, if fucking menagerie explodes and Blake loses her entire family and adam went and cut off another of Yang's body parts and Sun died and Jaune died because he has no fucking semblance and it turns out the Schnee corp was behind it and is secretly evil, etc. etc., then at least you can like, you can justify it, I think. But still we have nothing that jars the show enough to shake away the events that happened three seasons ago. So I think it still doesn't make sense to be phasing Jaune out to focus on others when like, ostensibly he's the protagonist of the show, or at least if RWBY is the protag then he's the main character.

Not that guy but competent production and writing wouldn't have put them in this position anyway.
Jaune isn't the MC, he has the title of main boy but he isn't the main character.

Competent writing wouldn't ignore previous events of the series but they'd build on them and use them to make everyone grow and change.
Ignoring previous events ain't competent but addressing them and making use of them is, Pyrrha was apparently as much Ruby's friend as she was Jaune's and Ruby even lost Penny.
Where is Ruby's grief? Why do we see none of it? Have Ruby and Jaune grieve together even, people have been waiting for that since the forest scene of V4.

The only real way to fix it currently would be have JNR leave the current plot, maybe send them back to Beacon and give them an episode or two a volume. Three at most. RWBY tackle the main threats while JNR lay the groundwork for the homecoming arc.

That’s fucking wrong you mongol
It had better style in volume 1 and 2 and 3
there was soul and character, there is none of that after it, it started feeling like I was playing The Wolf Among Us
>HAHA Did you catch that FAIRY TALE REFERENCE oh we so smart
>who cares if ruby weiss Yang and especially Blake’s outfit and face looked like shit