Why do studios keep making movies nobody wants? Did they learn nothing from Ferdinand and The Star?

Why do studios keep making movies nobody wants? Did they learn nothing from Ferdinand and The Star?

>Hump follows the misadventures of Rami, a timid, yet kindhearted camel who sets out on a daring journey across the Arabian Desert with a pair of unlikely companions, an ill-tempered goat and an overconfident desert fox, determined to reunite him with his owner and best friend, Omar, a 10 year-old Bedouin boy.

Attached: hump.png (880x533, 945K)

Other urls found in this thread:

moviebratspictures.com/projects/hump/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Maybe they are convinced kids will like it enough to get the money back.

>Did they learn anything from Ferdinand and The Star?
They could've if those movies weren't so forgettable

>Why do studios keep making movies nobody wants?
I agree. Hollywood is taking far too many risks. They need to stick to safe, marketable sequels to existing and lucrative properties.

Is Tarif a ripoff of that one character from Zootopia

The "animated movie about real animals" thing is hitting its stride apparently
And you know what, ill appreciate it since itll replace the shitty "live-action movie about real animals" trend

i mean. at least these are cute designs? MAYBE it'll get some kids watching it? I honestly don't know.

>Ferdinand was nominated for an Oscar
WHAT?!

Fuck all of this cutesy kiddy crap. I want animated movies for MEN. I can’t wait for this.

Attached: C7F295BE-C233-404A-BBCC-64678A601B07.jpg (520x809, 71K)

9 out of 10 times it's a money laundering/tax writeoff scheme

that 1 sincere attempt is some amateur's passion project

Attached: listen dipshit.jpg (590x290, 40K)

They use them as training movies for new workers and can write off the losses
>T. Movie industry employee.

have you left your cave recently?

Attached: bossbaby.jpg (1000x562, 81K)

..are you the guy who worked on Queen's Corgi?

moviebratspictures.com/projects/hump/

>so much soul in the concept art

we all know how it's gonna end up
in wallmart's bargain bin

Attached: Hump-new-poster.jpg (1500x2221, 505K)

You don't speak for me.

so it's like Ice Age but in desert, right?

Attached: fennec-peek.jpg (308x418, 19K)

I believe it is a stealth CHRIST movie. Has to be stealth, cause Jesus Religion is no longer that prevalent.

>across the Arabian Desert

Qatari Money.

Let me rephrase that. Why does Holywood keeping making by the numbers bland movies that don't really appeal to anyone?

Ferdinand was great tho fuck you.

It's probably better off that way. Shows tend to be more shit when the themes are blatant.

Two reasons:

1) These studios know they can throw something animated out there and get parents looking for something to babysit their kids for two hours. They slap something together and hope to make enough for a profit before negative word of mouth gets around.

2) Nobody expected Despicable Me to be a hit. The studios are hoping to hit lightning in a bottle again and franchise it to death.

Pretty much this.

Secret Life of Pets did ridiculously well and every now and then you get a smash hit among these films, which is presumably what the suits are going for. Half ass making something opposed to crafting a Disney masterpiece and sooner or later you get Minions, or even a new Shrek, or what have you.

...or there's a "Producers" scheme going on where they make a summertime turd on purpose, IDK. This seems less likely but you never know.

That’s not a bad idea, actually. Specially for new directors. They can only learn so much from short films, so why not let their first full-length movie be a safe bet that won’t bankrupt the studio?