Despite it's flaws, this is still a better Spider-Man movie than Homecoming

Despite it's flaws, this is still a better Spider-Man movie than Homecoming.

Attached: MV5BMjMyOTM4MDMxNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjIyNzExOA@@._V1_.jpg (1381x2048, 888K)

No
The actor in no way acts like Peter parker, hes just an obnoxious shithead. The lizard was the only decent thing in this movie

Wrong

Attached: Keaton homecoming.jpg (1200x800, 344K)

Hell no, Homecoming had Ned Leeds which makes it the best MCU movie ever

No, it's just dumb for completely different reasons. Both films are WAY fucking off point when it comes to Spider-Man. Yeah I'm still mad about Rhino and all the pointless Sinister Six setup that ultimately fucked up the plot of the sequel. As for ASM1, Uncle Ben died over chocolate milk, and Peter is an irresponsible twat at the end.

Let's not get crazy here.

nah

Agreed

Gwen Stacy was still white so no

You mean Ganke?

Fuck off retard.

You're allowed to be wrong.

Wow so some fat loser version of Harry that no one cars about. Idiot.

based

I care about him

If you're going to say mad and unreasonable things like that, at least attempt to explain yourself

Attached: e92.jpg (680x673, 34K)

He's cool and I like him.

It's a 'meh' film but I agree with you , it is a better SPIDER-MAN movie than Homecoming.
That's really not hard to be fair.

He's closer to Peter Parker than Tobey and Tom.
Not accurate but closer.

At least it had Gwen, even though she didn't get blacked.

Attached: 1537409308310.jpg (450x600, 70K)

unironically no, for all the Shit MCU Spidey gets, He's Miles better than ASM

Attached: ganes.jpg (318x159, 5K)

How?
In terms of capturing the character of Peter Parker, how?

I've not even seen Homecoming and I'm convinced that it cannot be worse than TASM.

tobey is literally 1:1 original parker

Holland captures optimistic Peter Parker pretty well; he's nervous, awkward, but he sticks up for everyone, even his villains when they get caught in bad situations (I mean, before arresting them ofc). His quips can be insulting, but they're more good natured even when they are. He misses his uncle, he respects / is scared of his aunt, and he treats his superiors, equals, and lessers equally nice. He's so good natured, as experience hasn't toughened him yet, that he followed his idol to rescue a dude he barely knew into space, and fought existance's most feared creature without question.

Garfield kills Electro, taunts the lizard, and outright creates the Green Goblin by letting his best friend die. He treats his aunt and uncle like shit, bad mouths his parents, breaks up with his girlfriend falsely twice over the same thing, and proceeds to get her killed. When she does die, his mourning is encapsulated in a pretty shitty montage. He's angry and vengeful with no reason to be, which when something genuinely tragic does happen, it makes the wistful gazing to the horizon seem daft.

In short

>Holland is an optimistic, fresh, and still learning Spiderman, whose tests will gradually change him
>Garfield is a sourpuss whose writing apes MacGuire's at a lower quality.

Iron Boy 1 and 2 sucked the joy out of everything Spider-Man stands for.

>Uncle Ben died over chocolate milk

There's nothing wrong with that.

No he isn't
please read comics

I still hate that costume. Every time I so much as glance at it, I can't help but basketball.

autistic retard

Try reading some Silver age you fucking child

Well duh

You mean the knock off of Miles Morales' fat friend?

Ned has been around as long as Harry has, actually a few issues before him, if memory serves.

I have
You haven't.

Yawn. If the world was uncucked, Far From Home would bomb and they'd beg Raimi to finish Spider-Man 4.

>If memory serves
Your memory of browsing Spider-Man wikipedia pages after watching Homecoming?

I have the first three Omnibus and read them all
And stop typing like this, makes you look like a pissy female

Ned Leeds ASM #17
Harry Osborne ASM #31
Stop pretending you read, Yea Forums

Attached: 23a97b0e7c37807fc14499a4aee74d681b1ccc9d2d32c373fea97e6309f3e728.jpg (410x308, 22K)

Hey if i like all of the spiderman actors equally, am I retarded?

I think they're all hot in their own way and I want them to hug me.

Not the point, nigger. The character in Homecoming isn't Ned Leeds, he's Ganke Lee under a different name.

read them again faggot, you obviously didn't take anything in if you think Tobey Maguire's dogshit performace is accurate to it.

I don't give a fuck about your regrets about growing up with Bendis, fuck off, the Sony movies were trash, deal with it.

What does that have to do with anything?

WHEELS UP PARKER

>TASM
1 had the most accurate Pete and Spidey. Charming story and settings. TASM 2 was a royal mess because Sony got greedy as fuck and ruined the story.

>Raimi
Spidey 1 was good. 2 was mediocre and 3 was a downright mess. Nostalgia and memes are a hell of a drug. Harry and Peter were the best parts of it. Dafoe Goblin and Otto can't be matched.

>MCU
Homecoming looks great but felt soulless and pandered very hard to Iron Man. It would have worked if they'd established Peter before Civil War but introducing Peter as a clueless side-kick character and not showing any of the CW comic book nuance and Peter's agency in choosing his sides made it awkward to watch. I've not watched FFH yet.

The point of Ben's death is that it's Pete's fault. Pete's personal grievance with the original victim doesn't really matter, the point is that he could have easily stopped the robbery and chose not to.

>1 had the most accurate Pete
"No!"

>1 had the most accurate Pete and Spidey.
That's fucking bullshit. Garfield's Peter was an irresponsible dick who hardly had Parker Luck

Is this bait

Andrew Garfield is easily the closest to angsty Silver Age Spider-Man of the Lee/Ditko era

>Spider-Man 2 mediocre
Wow you just revealed what a massive faggot you are and any opinion from you is automatically invalidated.

>Andrew Garfield is easily the closest to angsty Silver Age Spider-Man of the Lee/Ditko era
Nope. None of them are accurate, but Garfield's Spidey is inaccurate in truly irritating ways. Tobey's Spider-Man was drawn to become a hero because he internalized his Uncle's message of power and responsibility, after he saw it was true when Ben died. Holland's decision happens off-screen and before Civil War, but is implied to be a lesson he internalized about preventing "bad things happening" because he can, and Ben is conspicuously already gone, so a similar dynamic is strongly indicated. Garfield's Spidey though, starts his heroic campaign as a path of vengeance though. He spends an unnecessary amount of time in the film looking for his Uncle's killer not because of responsibility but because he's mad. Comics Peter was an angry teen too, in a way that neither Tobey or Holland's Peters embodied, but he was angry about being a poor nerd in high school that Flash Thompson and the cool kids would mock. His heroic actions were driven by his more heroic ideals, and his anger was what made him more of a human teen. Garfield barely even seems like a nerd though. Even though they show him in a science lab all the time, they also seem to want to present him as a cool edgy loner who skateboards in the halls, and stands up to Flash before he even gets bitten by the Spider. He's not Peter Parker, but worse, he's changed into a distortion of Peter Parker that feels like it's made by people who don't get the core of Peter Parker at all.

>he's nervous, awkward

Holland has none of the wit and cleverness that help offset the awkwardness which is why he comes off as borderline stupid
>His quips can be insulting, but they're more good natured even when they are
They're tepid to the point of banality
> he respects / is scared of his aunt

616 Peter has almost ALWAYS been seen as doting and caring for his Aunt. He respects her a great deal but fear is a huge stretch
> taunts the lizard,
Yup, that's what Spider-Man does

Not even gonna comment on the rest because it is pretty clear you don't have much experience with early Spider-Man if any Spider-Man at all. When will casuals stop speaking with such authority?

>inb4 you're blinded by nostalgia or some shit like that.
Spider-Man 2 is a legit masterpiece,and it's a work of art in not only capeshit but also cinema in general.

but Peter Parker is an edgy loner that stands up to Flash before he even gets bitten by the spider.
You seem to have preconceived notions about what kind of person rides a skateboard that's colouring your opinion of this depiction. This movie came out in 2012, not 2002. Skateboarding wasn't cool then, just like it isn't now.

All they did in ASM is basically prolong the sequence in Amazing Fantasy #15 in which Peter hunts Uncel Ben's killer before he dies. IMO of the robber had gotten away then Peter 616 would have done the same thing as ASM. Peter learns after having to confront the Lizard on the bridge that using his powers for good is the way to go, which is why he completely abandons the search for whoever killed Uncle Ben and just begins crime-fighting
>Garfield barely even seems like a nerd though
This has always been a lame criticism. I agree that Siony was perhaps amiss to try to update Peter's image but he is essentially a socially inept nerd who puts on a spiky haircut and a skateboard in an attempt to be cool, but obviously fails as he is still ignored

Otto was good. The rest, like MJ etc, was not.

It's really not.

Spider-Man 2 is a visual masterpiece that's ruined by the movie's plot and the performance of its lead actor and actress.

>All they did in ASM is basically prolong the sequence in Amazing Fantasy #15 in which Peter hunts Uncel Ben's killer before he dies.
No, the character of it is fundamentally different. Peter knows who the killer is at the time of his uncle's death, before he finds the guy. He knows it was his actions that led to Ben's death, but that's not what's driving him, it's anger at the guy who fired the gun. If you don't see how that affects the themes of the story, I can't help you.

Attached: 7c8.png (345x304, 110K)

>but Peter Parker is an edgy loner that stands up to Flash before he even gets bitten by the spider.
Bitch where?

Attached: Peter gets cucked.png (823x800, 1.74M)

Peter has a mean streak in the comics with villains and it turns up multiple times. I'm happy at least one adaptation honored it.

Attached: tumblr_inline_pm6issKjWZ1rquizl_1280.jpg (964x483, 257K)

And you still don't get the difference between "mean streak" and fundamentally misrepresenting The initial driving incident that leads him to become a superhero.

It's still better than Spider-Man 3, though.

But both Raimi and Webb showed it the same way.

No they didn't. Spider-Man doesn't actually go around confronting criminals in Raimi's films until after the implications of the robber incident have set in. Webb has him initially be "Spider-Man" the vigilante as a response to the robber killing his uncle, whereas Raimi has it in response to Peter's realization that he could have saved his uncles life, and didn't.

No, it's just a gay, edgy remake of Spider-Man.

Attached: image.jpg (497x493, 35K)

holy shit the last page, if he wasn't bitten by a spider he would have been a school shooter

I agree

I’m not saying you’re right or wrong but it’s almost 2020, writing like a woman or man has little to with piss or anything really

Attached: 438B10C8-41D1-4EA5-876C-7B4E09897AA8.gif (500x282, 497K)

>hes just an obnoxious shithead
Read the original Spider-Man comics, Peter Parker didn't let Uncle Ben die because he was scammed out his money but because he just didn't feel like it

Attached: refusalofthecall.jpg (400x392, 68K)

The Raimi trilogy will always be the best spider man

You're brain dead if you think other wise

Attached: hmlspst6qjo11.jpg (800x450, 42K)

Remember when Toby lost his powers because being a Superhero made him feel bad? He couldn't wall crawl and his eyesight deteriorated because of his feelings.
Spiderman 2 was kinda trash.

>1 had the most accurate Pete and Spidey
>people believe this
I can understand the argument he was an "accurate" Spidey (even though he wasn't) but why do many retards think he was a good Peter? He was the antithesis of what Peter Parker was, I never once believed that he was a down on his luck nerd and the traditional traits they actually managed to incorporate to his character felt unnatural and forced.

I fucking hate Spider-Man fans. And I am one.

There's not a mean bone in Raimi Peter's body until Venom takes hold. They kept most of his angst to like a few minutes in first movie when he goes out for revenge against Uncle Ben's killer but that's swiftly replaced by horror at the realization he let the killer escape in the first place.

You're gay.

His Peter was shit but I really liked his Spidey

Woah, careful there buddy. I wouldn't want you to get too emotional and become a cripple.

Remember when the Lizard discovered Garfield's identity because he put his name on his camera that he took around with him as Spider-Man?

Yeah. Ned Leeds first appeared in ASM #18 and Harry Osborn first appeared in ASM #31

But it's not Ned Leeds in Homecoming.
He shares nothing in common with the character but the name.

He had so many examples of Parker luck. Just because he was a prettier boy than Tobey doesn't mean he wasn't down and out.

we only had him for a short time, but he’s the most accurate Peter Parker

Attached: 0593D8C7-FE65-47A6-9257-086C65F4EE30.jpg (1280x720, 156K)

>He spends an unnecessary amount of time in the film looking for his Uncle's killer not because of responsibility but because he's mad
That's literally what happens in the issue.
It's not till the end untill after he's confronted the killer and realises it's the one he failed to stop that he realises 'the great power comes with great responsibility' lesson.

Yeah he's not a good Peter Parker, just closer then Tobey and Tom is all.

Homecoming blows Amazing Spider-man out of water at least because most of its action scenes were during the day, not just one in school.

>Holland captures optimistic Peter Parker pretty well; he's nervous, awkward, but he sticks up for everyone, even his villains when they get caught in bad situations (I mean, before arresting them ofc). His quips can be insulting, but they're more good natured even when they are.
You have described a character who is nothing like Peter Parker.

Bitch here, just a few pages later. Are you a shill of some sort, or just terminally stupid?

Attached: raimi is trash.png (326x473, 381K)

The entire scene is fucking stupid though. Uncle Ben, a geriatric, decides to be a hero against an armed robber who wasn't even violent in the crime he committed. Peter is mad at the store owner because of a fucking chocolate milk. I know they couldn't just copy the Raimi movie exactly but almost all the changes they made for the sake of being different are just noticeably worse. In the movie, Peter is trying to profit off his powers and after getting gypped let's the robber go only to find that Uncle Ben randomly gets carjacked. It's a clear action and consequence causality and it puts far more blame karmic blame on Peter, making the whole "with great power comes great responsibility" thing hit even harder. Peter doesn't find out that he could have stopped Uncle Ben's death in the peak of his anger and you can see the horror dawn on Maguire's face. Peter doesn't wait for the robber to get away either, he immediately goes after him hellbent on revenge. It achieves the point in far less time too, Uncle Ben's death and Peter's revenge only takes five minutes tops in the Raimi film. In TAM they meander about on a plot point everyone and their mother knows about. The Raimi films just works so much better thematically and from a story standpoint, in condenses all the good stuff about Spider-Man's origin without needing to drag anything out.

Garfield is definitely the closest to Ditko.

He's essentially a loner by choice, even though people actually like him (seriously go count how much people invite him out for events in the early issues), he's arrogant and thinks the rest of the world doesn't matter unless it likes him.

I'm sure people raging about the basketball scene never read the issue where Peter one shots Flash in front of his gym class.

Have you ever read a Spider-Man comic?

I agree with you on the themes and story, as a movie it's closer.
Just characterisation wise, Garfield is closer than Tobey and Tom, though still far from accurate.

>I'm sure people raging about the basketball scene never read the issue where Peter one shots Flash in front of his gym class.
But in that issue Peter didn't want to hurt Flash with his strength, he only agreed to fight because he was angry and he realized this was a mistake.
In the movie he used his powers to humilliate him.
Fun fact: Flash breaks his glasses on that issue and they never reappear again.

Now you're trolling.

>t. retard

>only agreed to fight because he was angry and he realized this was a mistake.
>In the movie he used his powers to humilliate him

It's pretty much the same thing in the film, he's angry at him for saying something to that girl and decides to push Flash.

Once he actually breaks the hoop, he immediately realizes that he messed up.

>Garfield kills Electro
Because he had no other option, and, as the sequel plans revealed, Electro wasn't even dead.

>taunts the lizard
Once, and it's the kind of "good natured" taunt you're praising Holland for.

>outright creates the Green Goblin by letting his best friend die.
That's not what happened.

>He treats his aunt and uncle like shit
No, he doesn't. He has his angsty moments like any normal teenager, but he clearly loves them both very much.

>badmouths his parents
When?

>breaks up with his girlfriend falsely twice over the same thing
It's not "falsely". He was torn.

>and proceeds to get her killed.
She wanted to be there.

>When she does die, his mourning is encapsulated in a pretty shitty montage.
Beside the point.

>He's angry and vengeful with no reason to be
He's only angry and vengeful when Uncle Ben dies. Otherwise he's his normal quippy self.

>which when something genuinely tragic does happen, it makes the wistful gazing to the horizon seem daft.
Wrong.

>Uncle Ben died over chocolate milk
I keep seeing this memed and I don't understand what the problem with it is. The entire purpose of Uncle Ben's death is that it showcases how Peter could've prevented it had he not been so petty over something inconsequential. The reason the whole "power and responsibility" thing resonates is because it's a small moment, where he chose to be a dick, rather than a big one.

Because it's now pathetic
>Original
>"Well that's someone elses problem! I'm a hot shot wrestler now
>Movie version
>STORE CLERK WAS MEAN TO ME AND I COULDNT BUY CHOCOLATE MILKIE!

Read a book, faggot

Attached: Peter's mistake.jpg (1041x1600, 531K)

It's petty, and that's exactly what should be.

Why because it uses classic troupes yet again? I don’t even mind this movie but people like you are the biggest tards that just don’t get they COULDN'T HAVE DONE THAT. It’s the third reboot you tardy tard contrarian.

Just no...

No, you're missing the point. Before Peter got a big head because his powers gave him what he always wanted, tying back to what Uncle Ben said about being responsible with power. The ASM movie version is him getting assblasted over fucking milk and has nothing to do with his powers

You got the wrong dimension, pal.

Attached: images (4).jpg (783x391, 25K)