James Cameron's 1995 SPIDER-MAN Script

Interesting read.

script-o-rama.com/movie_scripts/s/spider-man-scriptment.html

>Peter is an angry incel who hates the rich popular kids.
>MJ is a manipulative rich girl who initially befriends Peter so he will do her science report.
>Flash is a psycho who frequently beats MJ.
>Jameson is the crooked owner of a television network.
>Peter gets bitten by a spy that ate a radioactive fly.
>Peter has organic webs but lies about them being artificial to not revolt people.
>The villains are Electro and Sandman.
>Electro’s real name is Carlton Strand and he’s a thief who got electromagnetic powers and used them to become a wealthy businessman.
>Sandman’s real name is Boyd and he’s an ex-soldier whose DNA was fused with sand in a failed teleportation experiment.
>Electro believes “mutants” born from freak accidents such as himself and Sandman are the rightful rulers of Earth and tries to get Spider-Man to join them.
>When Peter refuses, Electro bribes Jameson to ruin Spider-Man’s reputation and turn the city against him.
>Electro and Sandman kidnap MJ to lure Peter into a fight at the World Trade Center, Peter ends up killing both.
>MJ finds out who Peter really is and they get together.
>Lots of edgy shit like lots of profanity (Spider-Man gets called a faggot and calls Electro “motherfucker”), Peter jumping Flash and beating him to a bloody pulp, Peter peeping on MJ while she’s changing due to his “new predatory urges”, Electro being unable to fuck due to his powers, MJ fucking Spidey with his mask on atop the Brooklyn Bridge, Electro electrocuting MJ by kissing her by force, Sandman getting zapped by Electro and turned into an agonizing glass man, Peter getting traumatized by a kid gangbanber falling to his death in front of him, etc.

Cool proposed cast, though. Leonardo DiCaprio as Spider-Man, prime Nikki Cox as MJ, Lance Henriksen as Electro and Michael Biehn as Sandman, plus Gloria Stuart as Aunt May and Tommy Lee Jones as Jameson.

Attached: James Cameron's SPIDER-MAN.png (925x565, 754K)

there's also another idea with Arnold Schwarzenegger as Doc Ock.

>Prime Nikki Cox as MJ
God, my dick wouldn't be able to handle it.

Not exactly.

Cannon Pictures was developing a Spider-Man movie featuring Doctor Octopus as the villain in the late 1980's (they wanted Tom Cruise as Peter and Bob Hoskins as Otto), but they went bankrupt. The producer who held the rights made a deal with Carolco Pictures to make the movie, and expected them to stick with the Doc Ock script he had co-written. When Cameron began circling the projects, this producer, Menahen Golan, pushed for Schwarzenegger as Doc Ock since he was Cameron's frequent collaborator, but Cameron didn't like the current script and wrote his own version, which is the script OP is talking about.

Attached: Doc Ock.jpg (600x338, 43K)

I can see young Leo being a decent Spidey

Cast the rest of the peak 90's Cameron-verse characters, Yea Forums.

I, for one, propose Nicolas Cage as Green Goblin.

Attached: Perfection.jpg (650x365, 31K)

Oh man that would've been amazing.

Ed Harris as Captain Stacy could've worked.

For once, we got the better end.
Would watch though, it is so edgy it could become inadvertently comedic. The cast looks nice though.

Skip Westcott

Attached: MV5BMTY1NzMyODc3Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzE2MzA1NDM@._V1_UY317_CR87,0,214,317_AL_.jpg (214x317, 11K)

Brad Dourif as Mysterio
Lundgren as Venom
Robert Loggia as Vulture
Jeremy irons as Norman Osborn

>Peter is an angry incel who hates the rich popular kids
Actually accurate, did Jim read the comics unlike so many people who have tried to adapt Spidey?

Attached: [laughing hysterically] toguro.gif (256x192, 229K)

>ugly old man forcing himself on a boy's beautiful teenage girlfriend
Just like my crappy hentais

>Spider-Man gets called a faggot
Did Raimi ghostwrite this?

More like Raimi took tips from James Cameron

That dude actually looks like a pissed off electrician, so that would be pretty cool.

>>Electro’s real name is Carlton Strand and he’s a thief who got electromagnetic powers and used them to become a wealthy businessman
>Electro being competent

This was before Ultimate so they actually based this off of the 616 stuff

Just like real life Hollywood, you mean.

Sounds fucking awesome. Would've watched it in a heartbeat

>Sandman and Electro (the actual one, at least) got excluded from Spider-Man TAS for this

Attached: 1561241436902.jpg (469x364, 31K)

It was a different time.

Ed Asner as Vulture.

And Otto became a tall, buff chad with a thick Austrian accent because of

For the record Sandman being turned to glass by another member of the S6 did happen in 616, in 1990.

I'm sure James Cameron would have made this workable but o don't like any of this
Especially Tommy Lee Jones as Jameson
He's not good when he's playing a high energy maniac which he was in Batman Forever so we know at least one of these things would have failed

>Parker! I cannot sanction your buffoonery!
I dunno, could have worked without the giggling madman quality he decided to give Dent.

Yea Forums would rather talk about movies that don't even exist than read a comic book

I thought Sandman wasn't in it because they already had Hydro-man? And some other reason I'm forgetting why.

Is it as bad as Yea Forums and Yea Forums when it comes to people not being into the medium the board is about?

Open a comics thread then, whiner.

Lance henrickson as electro wouldve been awesome

Jim Carrey as Carnage

>Peter gets bitten by a spy that ate a radioactive fly.
??? wut

>DiCaprio playing an incel character
Wow how dumb is hollywood.

I think there was some kind of Spider Embargo, to my understanding, so they used Hydro-Man instead.

Spider.