Black character

>Black character
>Has lightning powers
Frankly this is so common it seems racist.

Attached: 9F150C2F-C418-4F08-BB59-48F3E3E51609.jpg (634x964, 192K)

>Asian character
>Good at math

Attached: Incredible_Hulk_Vol_1_106_page_02_Amadeus_Cho_(Earth-616).jpg (518x754, 296K)

>Black character
>Super intelligent
It feels like every modern writer is afraid of writing a black character with average intelligence now. Steel is good, Riri Williams seems forced

Aside from Black Lightning, Lightning, Black Vulcan and Static Shock what other Black Characters have lightning powers?

Attached: FA675F02-F24D-4272-9A89-72F60D226939.jpg (1324x2048, 452K)

>white people
>psychic powers.

Miles is average

>Character is a telepath
>Male: Evil or eventually becomes so
>Female: Wholly good or becomes good.
Child prodigies in general are getting obnoxious. Just because they have the capacity to be brilliant doesn't mean they have the education. And a child definitely shouldn't be able to beat an adult in a fight of martial arts skills assuming the adult has any training.

Doing anything UNcommon would have people complaining about racism.

Storm. Bumblebee and Miles Morales to an extent. Aqualad. Jakeem Thunder.

Attached: 250px-Professor_Charles_'X'_Xavier.png (250x345, 150K)

Bumblebee has shrinking powers, her stings are actual weaponry

Aqualads weapons are hard water constructs

Jakeem Thunder has no powers and uses a Genie

The only one you listed that has somewhat legit lightening powers is Storm

>had an oc back in middle school
>had lightning powers
I don't get it either

Attached: 1426294031551.gif (300x191, 1.32M)

After they've spent years systematically wrecking his good will, he may be good on paper but there's a constant spectre of who he's secretly controlling/manipulating now.

Even when Jean Grey does the same shit its because she's helping and getting in people's head is purely out of caring.

Miles is gifted but not super genius

I don't go very a fuck. Static, while yes, he falls into that trope, doesn't let it define him. He's static shock, not black lightning. He's pretty much the teenage equivalent of Jon Stewart or Spawn in that his character isn't validated by nor revolvs around being black. Only on the best of ways that we see him deal with Black street thugs with superpowers sometimes. Which is also done well. The TV show had the white guy be his partner, his best friend, never his side kick. Even though they may have joked about it sometimes.

>Based Static not letting the hood define him.
>Beats up drug dealers to keep his city safe.
>Best friend is a white guy.
>No one treats him like miles Morales of marvel for some reason???

I hate both companies and when they both fall and all their characters become open domain we'll see a flux of better shit be produced, I promise. Imagine all the writers taking their fav characters and going to based Image. To see Todd work on SPIDER-MAN Again Even as editor in chief would be hardcore asf.

Attached: 1512280993641.jpg (988x896, 232K)

I think it's more that creating a genius character is still a cheap way of giving them easy access to technology or ways of thinking that would be considered absurd for an average person, and writers will chuck a bunch of crap at a new character to make them stick. It's especially bad now when every writer wants to make their make on a legacy by introducing something new, and thus wholly theirs.

That's why they gave the white guy (forget his name) above avg Intel. Because static was a street smart kid and he was the tech guy. That combo is dynamic asf.

Attached: 1493928380733.jpg (304x400, 41K)

Holy shit you are such a retarded casual. I hate when retards like you pretend to be an authority on something you don't know anything about.

Aqualad, specifically Kaldur, DOES have electricity powers in addition to his hard water powers. I'll even quote his wikipedia page to show how you could have avoided this embarassment by a simple google search:

"He is later given a pair of "Water Bearers", weapons which allow him to focus that power, creating shapes and weapons with the water.[12] In addition, he is able to discharge powerful bolts of electricity from his fingertips in a manner similar to that of an Electric eel."

Jakeem's genie is an ELECTRIC genie you retard. It has been shown to electocute people many times. He basically just has an electric stand, which means he has electricity powers once removed.

Who cares if Bumblebee's weaponry is what makes her shoot electricity? It is still her primary form of attack and part of her gimmick. You are splitting hairs like the retard you are.

I'll get flamed for saying this, but I prefer Riri over Steel. She has an actual personality(it may not be likable) and does stuff.

Steel has no personality and did nothing interesting.

>Jakeem's genie is an ELECTRIC genie you retard

No it's not retard. It's a 5th Dimensional Imp like Mxyplyzyk, Batmite and Quisp

Conceptually I prefer Steel. I think he's a victim of Shaq tainting the brand and DC thinking no one wants him. To me, Henry Irons is an awesome and commendable man who used what skills he had and tried to fill BIG shoes in Superman's absence.

Attached: Steel.jpg (500x700, 55K)

>Hurr durr this retcon that came later invalidates the years and years of canon where it was indeed an electric genie

Even then, it STILL has electrcity powers you fucking retard. Just kill yourself. You were proven wrong, now take the L.

I don't even think miles venom blast is even lightning.

>I've never actually read any comics involving Steel

just admit you are a casual

It’s name is fucking Thunder

It's a bioelectric charge.

Holy shit your reading comperhension is terrible. Did I ever mention Miles in my post? No, I didn't, you fucking retard. But just to prove you wrong even more, once again if you just fucking GOOGLED Miles Morales instead of making retarded assumptions you would see, right there on his fucking wikipedia page:

"Bio-electric energy threads produced from fingers"

So he does indeed make electricity you fucking retard.

Jesus , calm down.

>i don't understand how comics work

GTFO back to Yea Forums you casualscum.

Because they are shaped like thunderbolt. But in reality they are 5D beings from a world of imagination and magic.

>getting this mad after being BTFO

lmao

Be less retarded and dont talk about things you dont know about

>thinking "current canon" dominates and overrites previous canon

Wow, what a fucking retard you are. You must get really mad reading silver age comics where Jay Garrick is on Earth 2.

"B-B-BUT HE WAS RETCONNED AS BEING ON THE SAME EARTH! THIS DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE!!!! REEEEEEE" - You, the retarded retard.

I only saying it's doesn't actually like bio electric. And even harms guys like electro.

You are the one that was proven wrong and you can't seem to tolerate that .

That's how comics work. You are proving time and time again that you are a casual tourist.

>reading silver age comics where Jay Garrick is on Earth 2.

Yes? What's your point? He was from Earth 2 and then he was folded into the mainline Earth. That's literally the character's history. You are the one that's doesn't seem to understand that.

John Henry Irons is based.
Are you talking about John Henry Irons or his niece? I'm more familiar with John.

The only thing I read with his niece was Abnett's Titans run. I was not impressed. Her spot on the team could have been filled by anyone else since she was so bland.

>That's how comics work.

Lol, not isn't you dumbass. All of the writers who wrote the character thought of him as an electric genie until it was retconned otherwise. So there are years and years of stories created with the idea that he is an electric genie.

I feel bad for you that you are so autistic you can't understand the difference between real world intent and fictional stories :/

>mexican character
>is a pretty cute fuckboy

Attached: ixxqnasy6fadvzvwjdsf.png (800x450, 547K)

>shoots electricity and has electricity powers
>doesn't count because he is 5D LOL

What? Why would you think this way? It doesn't matter if he is an imp, he still has electricity powers and does electricticity things........ you are wrong.

Only a wikipedia reader would get this salty over semantics.

>get btfo
>it d-d-didn't matter anyway!

yikes

Doesn't matter where the powers come from (innate, weapons, magic, etc.) just that they are one of the defining attributes of the character. It has become a cliche to pair black characters with electric abilities.

He was written as a 5D Imp during the Jakeem Thunder days because that's how the people who created these comics understood it. Both within the framework of the comics and within the minds of his creators. You are literally trying to impose a interpretation that has no basis in either comics or in actual reality.

>Ginger
>Has fire powers

>Ugly person
>Has transforming/beastial powers

>American Native
>Has spirit/werewolf powers

Some things just make sense.

>Mexican character
>To remind you that he's a mexican, he sometimes says random words in Spanish
>He also has a familia to protect and take care of

Those aren't mexicans, those are chicanos claiming to be Mexicans. Fucking stop, I want one Mexican character whose nationality isn't what makes him stand out amongst others

Attached: 1561512192979.jpg (492x449, 48K)

>You are literally trying to impose a interpretation that has no basis in either comics or in actual reality.

Do you honestly think he was always a fifth dimensional imp? Are you this ignorant about comics? He was a genie from fucking Badhnisia for the vast majority of its existence you underdeveloped autist.

Also, the original discussion was about whether or not he qualifies as having electricity powers. Once again I'll reiterate my point since you are too stupid to actually read:

"It doesn't matter if he is an imp, he still has electricity powers and does electricticity things"

You originally brought up him being an imp as if that somehow invalidates his electricity powers, which it does not.

Good job not understanding basic English. I hope someone puts you out of your misery soon and ends your life.

>He was written as a 5D Imp during the Jakeem Thunder days because that's how the people who created these comics understood it.

That isn't true. The idea that Yz was a fifth dimensional imp didn't happen until a JL/JSA crossover special with Jakeem in it. There a good set of comics with Jaeem and Yz written before this crossover. And there is no evidence to support that they had planned that retcon from the beginning of Jakeem's tenure.

Suck a dick you fake fan.

Stop shiting blood brotha

Kill yourself.

It's about the contrast of the bright blue/yellow electricity against dark skin makes a visually striking image.

>White character
>Can fly and has super strength
Frankly this is so common it seems racist.

This is how retarded you sound.

Attached: 52417140_2421189317909716_6059100511259328512_n.jpg (720x642, 40K)

I mean your the one sounding like a spaz user

Still shiting blood better call 911 for you nibba

>And a child definitely shouldn't be able to beat an adult in a fight of martial arts skills assuming the adult has any training.
I hate the fact that fiction seems to believe that being more educated or intelligent means you can beat anyone in a fight that's lower than you on the IQ scale. That's not how it works. If you're facing a guy who has more than 20 pounds on you with more than a couple inches of reach than you have, you're going to lose the fight more often than not, even if you have more fighting experience or have more knowledge in tactics, especially if your opponent has some experience in fighting and tactics as well.

Weight classes exist for a reason, and even my martial arts teacher didn't want me sparring with students who were noticeably shorter and thinner than me, despite being more experienced, because I could seriously injure them, even if I wasn't attempting to do so. He, along with the rest of the class, knows that being more intelligent doesn't change the fact that it can't compensate for reach and muscle mass against opponents who are initiated in such strategies and know how to counter them.

Xavier is a dick in the comics too. He literally sent the Hulk exiled into Space, brainwashed Scott into forgetting his long-lost brother that he thought sacrificed his life for him because he couldn't cope, and did the same for the X-men. It came to the point that he was kicked out from his own school by one of his most loyal student: Cyclops.

Aren't the majority of the because DC couldn't use Black Lightning for some reason and made a bunch of knock offs? And I'm pretty sure Static was created using inspiration from Black Lightning and Spider-Man. Not to mention as far as elemental powers go electricity offers a lot in terms of abilities, is a great visual, and can easily be considered non-lethal. Plus you can play around with the source be it magical, bio-electric, the character is an energy being, or like Static manipulation of electromagnetism.

virgil isn't super intelligent

>Black character
>fucks all of the white women
Frankly this is so common it seems based

Nah, there are two reasons why they do this.
1. super genius character makes it easy to BS your way out of problems so you as a writer don't have to challenge yourself.
2. "why not make the character black?" is the motto of the day, so the two bad writer tropes combine into one.

Not to piss off Vergilfags, but I think the only hope for Static is for him to be turned into a Black Lightning sidekick

Black Lightning's sidekicks should be his daughters(if and when DC decides to bring them back).

Static should be his own hero.

Its when it’s a child Prodigy that it becomes obnoxious.

Because its good colorsheme

I have an OC black girl but she has super speed

>tfw no mexican character who stops illegal immigrants

>I hate the fact that fiction seems to believe that being more educated or intelligent means you can beat anyone in a fight that's lower than you on the IQ scale.
Blame Batman.

Preptime is a cancer, and it's tainted everything else.

Maybe we can just be happy that Black Lightning has been so influential on the medium and ultimately left an enduring mark.

Attached: black lightning mask.jpg (800x596, 89K)

>The afro is part of the mask

Fuck me that's hilarious.

>Lo llaman... El Ninguna Manera José

>Black guy
>has lightning powers
>good

>White guy
>has lightning powers
>evil

Bio electric is the same as normal electric

bump

Also, the counterpart.