Final Space vs Hellbenders

>One gets pitched and ends up in a bidding war between six different networks and is currently on its second season.

>The other got quickly rejected by Adult Swim despite being better than most of the shit they have on the channel.

What happened? Hellbenders was far more popular on YouTube than Final Space's pilot was.

Attached: WHY.jpg (1272x1398, 353K)

beats me dude

Adult Swim wouldn't air shit if they didn't enjoy shit. Ergo Hellbenders didn't get greenlit. Why do you guys need to ask these questions with such simple answers?

Chris mentioned this, I think on a Sleepycast, being in negotiations with a show, I don't remember if it was Hellbenders or something else, but he said the studio wanted to do some changes, Chris basically just said "nah," and that's where it ended. Basically because Chris wasn't willing to show that he was willing to play ball, at least to some degree, they passed him up either because the show just wouldn't work without the change, or because they want somebody who can be more flexible and not fight the studio at every turn.

This plus their initial pitch was a disaster

having a shows main characters be 2 white men is not ok
you need to add more minorities in it

this but unironically, space isn't inhabited by white males.

Final Space is an efficient show with a larger team on it, and they are able to fulfill a work order to make an entire season and meet the deadline with reasonable quality. Hellbenders was a painstaking two-man hand animation that took two years to make one pitch episode of. Honestly it seems like Final Space can just get the job done easier with less worry, where any network that that took Hellbenders would basically have to run the business for them and set up an entire production studio to complete on time

Yeah, Olan said in an interview that the pilot took about 6-7 months but also with a two man team, Studio Joho. It also had a budget of 15k.

Right place, right time. R&M was at peak popularity by the time FS got pitched and every other network wanted to cash in on its success with something that looked similar.

I still feel like Leo and Satan would've been a better pitch.

I wish final space was 1/10th as good/funny as helbenders are. The lead character of FS is just such a unbearable annoying character who says his lines in this almost half loud whispering tone, no idea how it got a 2nd season (the cat was the only good part and hes dead).

>tfw when no Hellbenders sequel on YouTube
It's not fair,i would have watched the shit ouf of it on YouTube

Eh, Hellbenders doesn't look like a scifi show, so I'm glad that Final Space won.

>Want to make a series
>Scared of pitching it to companies due to fear of it getting cancelled early, being changed too much and stray from original vision, or giving up all the rights completely

It keeps me up at night

Hellbenders was shit, I seriously don’t understand how they thought that it would work for an entire show

The network only wanted the named changed because they greenlite Mr.Pickels not too long ago and they were still running Your Pretty Face Is Going To Hell. Cartoon network/ Adult swim didn't want too many Demonic IP's. Chris said the name was non negotiable and basically threw away a good deal.

The full episode leak was funny as hell and worked in long form.

>space isn't inhabited by white males
Actually the majority of humans currently in space are white males.

Attached: ISS.png (510x448, 551K)

If what they say about Adult Swim not wanting too many demonic shows at the time it probably would have been worse, could work well now though.

Hellbenders isn't good, get over yourself.

-T.retard

t. even bigger retard who couldn't get over himself

I guess Hellbenders is good if you have the same humor as 12 year olds had in Newgrounds heyday.

That's not really a problem with AS have you seen their head guy

Yeah but I'll take newgrounds humour over final space. That show feel stale and lol XD in all the wrong places. At least two jackasses from newgrounds can keep me laughing for 15 minutes straight.

Chris could have said one inane thing to Lazzo and blown the whole deal.

>Hellbenders was far more popular on YouTube than Final Space's pilot was.
Well yeah, because the animators behind it were very popular. If you are capable of ignoring the fact that Zach and Chris made Hellbenders, it is clear as day that Final Space had the more intriguing pilot of the two.

>two jackasses from newgrounds can keep me laughing for 15 minutes straight
Wow. Good for you, I guess.

>implying retard animal babies wasn't the shit back in middle school

I understand you're a friendless, boring loser, but that doesn't mean the rest of us are.

>I understand you're a friendless, boring loser, but that doesn't mean the rest of us are.
lol

>implying retard animal babies wasn't the shit back in middle school
Yeah, in MIDDLE SCHOOL, you fucking retard. If you still find that shit funny it's more likely that you are the friendless loser, or that your friends are spergy losers just like you. I bet you identified yourself as a brony not long ago, you literal manchild.

you can't deny Hellbenders was faster pace with its humour. Why can't we just have a dumb funny cartoon that keeps us laughing for a half hour? why do we need a greater plot or "witty" jokes? Animation can take us to Absurd places in the most mundane settings so why would I watch
>Mediocre in Space