Sorry im late to the party, I just watched this, what does Yea Forums think of it?

Sorry im late to the party, I just watched this, what does Yea Forums think of it?
youtube.com/watch?v=YiJa-H1Xyg4

Attached: captainXY.jpg (1813x735, 158K)

Sonichu shit.

better than world of light

You take that back

Attached: 24E8CBC9-9254-417B-B727-57B19E95EEE5.png (2000x861, 786K)

...im actually mad that Captain N is a girl. This person just watched she-ra, peeled off it's skin and pasted on captain n's. The male representation is non existent. The only reason we have pitt is because we get palutena in the process si it's canceled out. Theres probably a reason for all that, but i doubt it. I watched it twice and im not sure what any of it is about, aside from the usual "human in a fantasy world" thing. Oh, and also, lol, shut down by Nintendo in 3...2..

Attached: mega.jpg (238x480, 28K)

I don't remember there being a party about this here. If you want viral marketing, try elsewhere.

not trying to viral it user. im just mad that now, for there to be any kind of action cartoon, it's gotta have a bunch of girls in it.

>The only reason we have pitt is because we get palutena in the process si it's canceled out. Theres probably a reason for all that, but i doubt it.
It's because the majority of spoken dialogue is taken from the Palutena's Guidance segments, which mainly feature Palutena, Pit, and Viridi (who got used for the female villager). It's possible there was an agenda to it, but realistically, it was the most practical option available.

Nintendo fans need to stop shilling for free 24/7 and focus on filling the void in their souls they pretend they can fill by playing children's games

I appreciated the Elite Beat Agents & ARMS references.

what

Pretty interesting, some of the dialogue is kinda awful but I understand it's a lot of voice clips ripped from the source. Falco and King K. Rool speaking in absolutely AWFUL quality is absolute kino though.

Are Fox and Mario dead, though? What's up with that? I love Nu-Pit's illiteracy and stupid antic, but I'd probably choose a different group of Nintendo characters to separate itself from the original Captain N group, though.

Attached: gohda mii.png (664x655, 482K)

DOOM

>Are Fox and Mario dead, though?
Removed due to the Nintendo's tendency to litigate the shit out of fan projects featuring their more noticable IPs, just look at A Fox in Space.

PROS
>I liked the brief montage of news shit in the beginning
>It's framed and paced like an actual movie trailer
>World is basically Wreck it Ralph but better
>Girl going through gauntlet of different games provides variety in action scenes
>Obscure references like the little Famicom disc guy
>Jim Cummings as K. Rool
>That room with all the different Zeldas hanging out
CONS
>Medusa is the big bad, when she wasn't even the biggest bad in her own game. Why not Ganondorf, or even Tabuu?
>Why are Falco, Ashley, and the AC mayor on some sort of grand council with Palutena?
>DeDeDe is hardly considered a real bad guy anymore
>This is more of a nitpick, but the typos in the DOOM thing at the end
>I understand why voice clips were used, but taken out of context, the lines from the vidya characters just makes them feel disingenuous

Wish Captain N was a dude.

>Pit: "Are you sure this guy's really a human?"
Captain N isn't referred to with gendered pronouns at any point, so Pit's comment is the closest thing. What are the odds N's just a guy with long hair? Or what if the point is that you can't tell and it's up to the viewer to decide? The description for the video always refers to them strictly as "Captain N", almost seeming like they're going out of their way to avoid using pronouns. N's design is androgynous enough that they could easily be either.

Attached: file.png (1020x1500, 3.87M)

Its captain N. Who gives a shit about the girl protagonist? It’s not like the original show had a strong or memorable protagonist or anything. If any property would be ok to have a female mc it’s this one, because it’s so awful that almost any change is acceptable.

Id be down if it ever actually happened

uh, why is Kevin a girl? Where's Princess Lana? Who is the girl with the sidecut green hair?

It doesn't make sense to make the villain Medusa when Mother Brain was the Big Bad of the original

>What are the odds N's just a guy with long hair?

0%

I'm a little bummed this isn't a real full project.
>mfw Splatoon inklings
God I miss that game so much, I wish I could afford a Switch.

Attached: 1496589378139.png (1280x1033, 338K)

... is she a lesbian too?

The original is shit though, a reboot that changes everything about it wouldn’t be a bad thing.

If the original is shit and you don't want to keep anything about it then why reboot it instead of just making a new thing

I like everything except
>Power glove
Way over done and cheesy. And
>Cyber Demon
Doesn't belong in there. Should only be Nintendo IPs or exclusives. He probably only put it in there because they just played new Doom.

Why don't they have the new guy use Labo instead of Power Gloves

Not that guy and haven't seen the original, but it could be because it had a good premise and a bad execution

Not to mention that any execution on the concept of "Isekai into Nintendo land" will automatically be associated with Captain N anyway.

Again, if you like the premise but not the execution, then why also change the premise and characters? This is not "Captain N" it's "Girl goes to Nintendolans"

You can see the outline of a boob there, man.

Don't forget the facial structure, it's one that's usually associated with female characters.

Let's say this became a thing, what characters would you like to see appear?

GRRL GAYMERS

Bump

Hmm... It's alright.
Honestly, I'd prefer a show where Luigi, King Dedede and Ness are stupid best friends going on dumb adventures.
That being said, I really like this King Hippo design.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-06-29 at 3.45.24 PM.png (1154x540, 429K)

>just look at A Fox in Space
Was there some fucky copyright nonsense I wasn't aware of bts, or is that just why it's called "A Fox in Space"?

Could be interesting. Don't care that it appears they made the MC female. It is not like the MC from the original was interesting.

I am really leary about rebooting an old franchise, nowadays. SJW seem to get involved and try to live their fantasies through it instead of making their own thing.

Wasn't Captain N just boy goes to Nintendoland? I do remember the Nintendo characters to cross back over. There was an episode where Motherbrain brainwashed a whole town by doing something to the ink everything was printed on.

I would like to see Captain N appear in Captain N

As the MC or like what > talked about?

I mean if Kevin was actually in it then it's better than nothing. I'd prefer it to be an actual reboot of the original though rather than star some random girl with a reference thrown in to the original

Why have we even had multiple threads about a fan animation though? This feels like shilling

it's hard to get past the trailer format for me
trailers are already derivative
and this is derivative of trailers
so it gives me peak cringe

but otherwise as a show concept, it would have a lot of 20-40 year old fans, but almost no kids would watch this. is that worth funding? from a business standpoint, honestly maybe.

but to me it reeks of an animation student that hides their crippling anxiety with clickbait virtue signaling and trips to disneyland to escape adulthood.

so nah.

Attached: colloquial.png (278x286, 148K)

What an odd choice of supporting cast

I mean I understand not going with the biggest guys like Mario and Link but the Villager? Falco?

snoycope

there would be more substance and discussion to this show if it had Bowsette