So, there's quite a couple of Spidey threads in the catalog...

So, there's quite a couple of Spidey threads in the catalog, most of which talk about how great Raimi's Peter Parker/Spiderman was, how the MCU fucked over that character, yada yada.

But what about pic related? I've not played this game, how would you rate this game's Spiderman compared to Tobey/Garfield/Holland?

Attached: PS4 man.jpg (792x800, 96K)

It's way, way better than any flick.

the sam ray films is very better than this game stop that it is ugly in they you can tell peter and mary jay really like each other crhistin dust acted really well and she was just cute redhead the way she should be not the gay different weird thing we have with iron boy

This . Aside from the annoying MJ stealth missions and some tacked on DLC, it's genuinely a fantastic Spider-Man experience any fan should enjoy. Personally I enjoy it WAY better than any Spidey film to date, and can't wait for the sequel.
Learn English, fuckwit

Attached: Spider-Man PS4 Sinister Six.jpg (1186x1800, 1023K)

hahhah fuck off fag go back to sucking disney cuck because the sam ray film are the best spiderman film we still have, they really loved the character you could tell there are passion with toby macguire christy dust and sam ray thye really studied the original stan lee comicbooks and they did a great job and they were great films not like the bad films with marvel disney and alone sony and that's the best part of it because you has no arguments you have to fucking come up iwth lol learn english because youre totally butt wiped because yo uneed to drag sack for daddy disney lmao

But the game we're talking about was made by Sony with no apparent input from Disney.

Attached: link.jpg (936x781, 95K)

is this trolling or just elite autism?

Please please PLEASE just give MJ spider-powers next game too. I can't do more stealth reporter shit unless I'm Eddie

Attached: Mary Jane Spinneret.jpg (855x1210, 224K)

What did he mean by this?

For a freeroam Spidey-game, it's definitely up there with Spider-Man 2. My only beef with it is that PC NEVER EVER

Attached: 1545430999734.png (1920x1080, 2.7M)

Main reason I love this game? Peter's not a teen. I really don't get why every Spider-man now has to be teen Peter.
Also, I liked Miles as a character in this game (as well as Into the Spider-verse).

It was made by insomniac not Sony itself

Miles and venom are already going to make a glut of spider people, just let MJ be as bitchy as she was in the first game

>I really don't get why every Spider-Man has to be a teen
Max appeal to the younger fanbase while mildly alienating the older fans. Merch sells more with kids and teens and young adults.

Peter's a bit of a little bitch in there.

MJ had a rather weak appeal in the game. Like your poor man's Lois Lane. Then again it's 2019 and love interests are no longer allowed to be "just love interests".

It's slightly a step up from Web of Shadows, but only because WoS had a weirder whiny voice.

I don’t mind them taking the it girl factor out of MJ. As great as it was it’s something that works best in a longer form narrative where we see them grow up. I like MJ owning a boutique or owning a night club, both provide depth to her without erasing what’s already there and allow her to be the bread winner without having the odd, only word I can think of is rivalry, against peter in trying to do good for nyc

Better than any of the movies. The only bad things about it were the DLC and anything involving MJ.

Yeah, good point. Yuri's voice is far better than Vaugh- however you spell his last name, but at least WoS Peter didn't let Felicia or MJ walk all over him, so there's that. Instead it was Widow.

I always saw MJ being the good housewife supporting Peter in everything he does because of what he does. Because she respects and loves him and wants him to have the best possible time when he's out of the mask. Similar to how May started writing counter letters to Spider-Man's detractors. Was nice.

They tried to have their cake and eat it too with the villains.
Pete's in his mid 20s, but he's never fought any of his big foes before. A decade as Spider-Man, but never facing Doc Ock, or Green Goblin or even Venom.

This. It's what the MCU could have and should have been. Respects the source material, everyone except MJ feel just right, uses fresh story beats, and doesn't start in high school for the umpteenth time.

She always hated spider-man but loved peter, she understood his reasons of doing it but was always frustrated with his insistence on using it to sabotage every other aspect of his life. It’s why those moments when MJ supported peters need to be spider-man were so sweet because she really was making a sacrifice supporting his fight. Fuck man now I wanna go back and re read post marriage Pete.

What was the biggest threat he encountered anyway? Like, before the game's timeline. So far we got Black Cat, Hammerhead, and Shocker. Probably missing some references to other villains.

Movies will always have a weak link because of the length when compared to longer story tellings like 8 episode shows or video game length.

Attached: 1424101963591.jpg (1388x1725, 1.24M)

ayyyy

Didn't Peter hit his wife during their married life?

Attached: 1478773807170.jpg (1280x1228, 407K)

He had dealt with Rhino, Electro, Scorpion, Vulture, and Sandman too. Theres probably others that I'm forgetting as well.

The DLC missions were kind of lame but I did like elements of the story

I definitely do agree that the IP lends itself a lot better to a more long form medium. I've always felt that Spider-Man should have been a Netflix show considering that and the fact that he'd be the perfect character to bridge the gap between the city heroes and the wider movie universe. I know it has become cool to hate the Netflix shows but Daredevil was very good and it would have at least been better than the Iron Lad shit.

Fucking how? I love the game but Jesus this was leftovers
>First mission and all the Black Cat stuff doesn't matter
>Hammerhead sucks as a main threat
>No Silvermane
>HUGE Yuri character development out of nowhere

That was the clone saga, it was retconned

Swarm and I’m sure he’s helped out the Avengers here and there with some of their villains. Him not facing Ock or Goblin for most of his career is an odd choice though.

Which spidey game got the ps3 should I get? I have spiderman for the ps1 raimis spiderman 2 for the ps2 and marvels spiderman for the PS4

Thing is that Spider-Man is too...expensive? an ip to be lent to Netflix. They always go for the bigger bucks unless they decide to go Smallville/Gotham which in that case they'll probably give the show meager special effects like the old tv shows.

Lizard and Mysterio are referenced in the collectable backpacks

Felt like filler/padding and baits for the second game's storyline. In other words, they were true DLC and not cut content that's important to the game's overall story.

Swarm might show up in the sequel as well as these two

Attached: SWARM.jpg (1040x1600, 496K)

It definitely would have required a bigger budget than a lot of Netflix shows but I don't see it being too much more than something like the Witcher for example. It would have been a pretty big draw as well if marketed properly.

The ASM games were pretty meh. If you're looking for adventure, play the Shattered Dimensions/Edge of Time games. If you're looking for a symbiote game, get Ult Spider-Man and/or Web of Shadows. You won't get much of a feel for the symbiote in Shattered Dimensions.

oh right, they're in the halloween party mission too

The trivia quiz boss fight in Web of Shadows was better than anything in this game.

I’m just looking for a good game really, i stopped buying spiderman games after I got ultimate and didn’t like the webswinging. Doesn’t have to be amazing either, it’s more for a look for having a spiderman game for every console

It was alright but it's not enough to rival an entire game.

It's better but the supporting cast is still as bad. MJ is such a bad fucking character holy fucking shit.

I hope she's exactly as awful as she was in the first game and Peter tells her to go fuck herself.

Did they ever explain what the chalk zone is?

>It definitely would have required a bigger budget than a lot of Netflix shows but I don't see it being too much more than something like the Witcher for example. It would have been a pretty big draw as well if marketed properly.

Iron Fist required a massive budget as well. Spidey wouldve gotten raped.

It's a pretty good Peter, he feels alot like the one from the 90's show

sidenote, Homecoming was fucking awful, is FFH any better?

Ask on Yea Forums
>stupid snoy shit
Ask anywhere else
>great game

Thank god

Don’t be to happy, that same retcon came bundled in one more day and it also retconned Mayday out completely

It is when the entire game is uninspired trash
Everybody already played this game in 2011 when it was called Arkham City, and I'm pretty sure even then we agreed that Arkham Asylum was better.

The Miles and MJ sections can best be described as imagine someone taking you to a themepark to let you do your homework.

So is Sandman, and Chameleon is mentioned at one point. That leaves Goblin, Hobgoblin, Venom, Kraven, Hydroman, and Morbius unfought.

He's honestly great, but MJ is such a bad character you can almost feel her suck the charisma out of him when she's in the room. Some people like say that's what good about their dynamic, but personally I wasn't a fan.

Attached: 1530990518745.gif (250x188, 1.66M)

Nah, more like wannabe MGS stealth but with instant gameovers and AI that's insultingly easy to bypass.

Can’t wait for Wraith next game.

Attached: 0D0A48F8-B2C0-4C34-B1E3-EA35D9ACB1D1.jpg (431x711, 55K)

Great characterization, only complaints are feminist cunt MJ, and Aunt May being de aged. Bonus points for making Miles more likable, even though I didn't care for his gameplay section.

Wait Morbious was mentioned? Honestly I'll doubt he'll be a villain, as hes been more of an anti hero in the latter part of Peter's hero career

Sandman
Lizard
Mysterio
Swarm
Chameleon
Blood Spider
And he met everyone in the game before, minus Ock and Lee

Excellent Ock, Good villains (except Hammerhead), Good Peter, okay May, somewhat likeable Miles.
There are several problems with the female characters though, they try to make them involved/impressive and it comes across as stupid. Black Cat (average looks aside) is okay decent but MJ falls into a weird "why do you tell me, a non-powered person, to not get involved fighting baddies that you, a super-powered person, fights?" situation which is dumb as fuck.
Also, Slavmommy Sable is fun, but to hype her strength they add some dumb moments, like FUCKING SPIDERMAN'S HAND HURTING AFTER HIGH FIVING HER, WHAT THE FUCK, THIS ISN'T POSSIBLE.