Melissa McCarthy Joins The Little Mermaid as Ursula

>Melissa McCarthy may be ready to help some poor unfortunate souls in Disney’s live-action version of “The Little Mermaid.”

>Sources tell Variety that while the deal is not yet completed, McCarthy is in early talks to play the sea witch Ursula in the live-action adaptation of “The Little Mermaid.”

>As Disney preps its live-action version of the undersea tale, there’s a lot of buzz about the cast. Disney and the production team behind it are looking to make contemporary and compelling casting choices, while still paying homage to the beloved animated original.

>“Mary Poppins Returns” director Rob Marshall is helming. The film will incorporate the original songs from the 1989 animated hit as well as new tunes from Alan Menken and Lin-Manuel Miranda. Miranda is also producing the film along with Marshall, Marc Platt and John DeLuca. David Magee wrote the script.

>Jessica Virtue and Allison Erlikhman are overseeing for the studio.

Attached: melissa-mccarthy-little-mermaid-ursula-1176789-1280x0.jpg (1280x718, 90K)

Other urls found in this thread:

variety.com/2019/film/news/melissa-mccarthy-little-mermaid-ursula-1203217481/
youtube.com/watch?v=HSWj5_-F9Q4
youtube.com/watch?v=1mz6tw5Zddg
youtube.com/watch?v=iIAD9vIvL-A
youtu.be/AypyABiVDes
google.com/search?q=h2o just add water
youtu.be/1mz6tw5Zddg
youtube.com/watch?v=XaCrQL_8eMY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

variety.com/2019/film/news/melissa-mccarthy-little-mermaid-ursula-1203217481/

This will mark one of the first family-friendly roles for McCarthy, who has built her career on adult comedies including “Spy,” “The Heat” and “Bridesmaids,” which earned her an Oscar nomination for best supporting actress. She was most recently seen in “Can You Ever Forgive Me?,” a dramatic turn that also earned her an Oscar nomination, this time for best actress.

Attached: little mermaid.png (1024x576, 246K)

Well she's fat enough, I guess

>contemporary and compelling casting choices

The Ginger Purge continues

>not a fat man in drag
I thought disney was progressive

im posting this to threads these relating to these cheapmakes from now on
youtube.com/watch?v=HSWj5_-F9Q4

Melissa McCarthy is hit or miss. Hope she can portray Ursula's oozing charm and cruelty

>hit or miss
No. She is all miss

but not sexy enough

I don't understand see the charm or sexiness of ursula at all.

Somehow a perfect casting, little mermaid was always shot so i dont care though

Attached: 75FFDDDD-C86E-4FFF-9CFD-7C72CE14E3E0.png (596x864, 459K)

I would never call her sexy, but she was very charismatic and oozing with personality. Ms. McCarthy doesn’t have anything in her resume that makes me believe she can pull that off.

Fair points all.

I don't care, I wasn't going to see it.

Lame. They should've cast Harvey Fierstein.

Everyone knows Ursula was modeled after a black chick. Get that woman from the gyno-ghostbusters.

I'm 200% in, give me more Menken songs

Ursula should be black or a man. Her character is flamboyant and feminine with a deep voice, McCarthy’s whole shtick is how gross and unladylike she is, the only thing that she’s got in common with the character is the fact that she’s fat. Honestly I would choose Chris Farley over her if the man was still alive. Jennifer Saunders or Glenn close if it had to be a white woman. I think phylicia rashad looks the part and she could be pretty funny on the cosbey show.

>ursula falls over and farts
Great.

>Everyone knows Ursula was modeled after a black chick
Speak for yourself you fucking shit for brains imbecile
it's common knowledge that Ursula was modeled after a fat dude wearing a dress.

Literally, unironically, she was designed after Divine, a drag queen

Attached: 5524736bbf741a40e9bac73206a516b2.jpg (1000x1240, 183K)

Wut. Ursula was modeled after a white drag queen.

Attached: A-17142-1433207945-5095.jpeg.jpg (600x616, 100K)

>looking to make contemporary and compelling casting choices

Hollywood, you can't cast Tessa Thompson for every role.

I like her stealing the movie cruella deville style but chances are disney is just gonna try to make this an aquaman action ripoff

WHY?!

Attached: Paquita_la_del_Barrio.jpg (245x281, 17K)

Her song was so good, will they deliver it well on the remake?
Also, why they fuck they didn't made a proper Jafar Prince Ali

what, was bruce vilanch not available?

>Pelirroja inmunda, pez rastrero, escoria del oceano, te estoy hablando a ti.

>will they deliver it well on the remake?
Of course not. How many have they fucked up by now? They're not going to do any of them justice of any sort.

If Aladdin is any indication, they put effort into one musical number and half-ass the others. And you know damn well it's going to be Under the Sea.

Well, there's another Live Action Disney Remake you can write off, then.

Fuck, man. In the Age of LGBTQIABCDEF, you'd think they'd go in for a drag queen.

Nah she can be good if they don't let her improv

user, if he comes back it'll just be for a rescore of the film. "Speechless" in the Aladdin remake wasn't even written by him. We'll have to wait for S3 of Tangled for more Menkino.

Attached: balloondudeseriously.jpg (1520x1185, 123K)

Why the fuck don't you automatically write them off you nigger

>In the Age of LGBTQIABCDEF, you'd think they'd go in for a drag queen.
Honestly, no, I don't think they would.
I know that a lot of people like Ursula as a character, and they like the inspiration, but they don't really like the idea of "let's take this sexually nonconformist person and make them into the villain of the story".

In today's age, they want to make the queer characters into heroes, because in the days of the past, you could only really make them villains. You would never have a drag queen or a gay protagonist in a Disney movie, but it was okay to have a high-pitched-voice-speaking flamboyant evildoer.

Attached: AcaRm.jpg (639x480, 40K)

>disney will ruin mulan and hercules with live action shit
>lilo and stitch hopefully gets under the radar since they could just use moana instead

It's a drag queen thing. She talks and acts and moves like she's Marilyn Monroe with such confidence and sincerity you can help but be charmed

It didn't sound like him, but I wasn't sure

>Disney not using its devil magic to revive Divine and casting him in the role

Oh, wonderful. That's exactly what we need to make Ursula come to life. Not Pat Carroll's bombastic voice, but rather a whiny schmuck screeching about her vagina.

Oh, well. It's not like I was going to go see it anyway.

And not some drag cuck.

Go watch Divine in Pink Flamingos or Female Trouble

>disney putting a straight white woman in transface

crossed the line

Black Caldron is safe.

>Ursula
>not sexy

Attached: 71444963.jpg (203x209, 14K)

Isn't Ursula black? Is this whitewashing?

>Black Cauldron is safe.

Attached: variety disney black cauldron.png (720x1234, 501K)

No, she's purple. Racist.

At least Treasure Planet is safe on grounds of being a scifi version of something else

Caught that too.

You're being, like, extra retarded.

Attached: Divine_in_Heaven_T-shirt.jpg (257x388, 19K)

Can she sing.. at all? Honestly getting a woman with as much bite in her voice as Pat Carroll has is what they need to worry about. Not whether or not she's fat enough. Hell a man probably would be better. They're probably too afraid to cast a black woman because mite b raciss.

Hell cast a black man. youtube.com/watch?v=1mz6tw5Zddg

Queers gonna freak

>trans erasure in the Current Year

Attached: owl surviving the internet.jpg (500x534, 66K)

Eight legs

Seven vagánias

please don't rain on my gay parade

This but unironically. Melissa is not camp enough for this role. Fat doesn’t make you camp.

Ursula without the voice of Pat Carroll just isn't Ursula at all.

Also she gets hit by a large object at some point, one of her core strengths as an actress.

youtube.com/watch?v=iIAD9vIvL-A

HNNNGGGGGGG THICC

DOA before filming even started.

They won't need much makeup.

Rebel Wilson, who can sing, already performed Ursula's song for Disney. Why they can not use her?
youtu.be/AypyABiVDes

Stop Posting.

Attached: sdfsadf.jpg (1049x579, 152K)

This guy gets it.

Attached: 29415480_757354294470173_7817636877325828096_n.jpg (1080x1350, 112K)

Always look at the competition: google.com/search?q=h2o just add water
However I have to admit, it's badly written and only suitable for children.

Attached: H2o-Just-Add-Water-h2o-just-add-water-8957357-1280-1024.jpg (1280x1024, 204K)

I can't wait!

Attached: Ursula Loses Head on-the-little-mermaid-ride-at-disneyland-and-keeps-on-singing-social.jpg (750x422, 38K)

That's fine just as long as Ariel, King Triton ,and Prince Eric aren't race swapped into black people. I wanna be able to enjoy the movie.

Attached: Divine a2dee2c191638636e0089cc1bbf170fb.jpg (520x442, 75K)

They should have offered it to Travolta.

Attached: Edna Turnblad.png (480x768, 551K)

>Ursula is based on a real life drag queen.
>Companies all fall over themselves to appear more woke than each other these days.
>Instead of hiring an ugly drag queen to portray Ursula, they just take an already established and already filthy rich comedian.
So much for that Disney wokeness. Can't have ugly drag queens in movies aimed at kids. That would carry the risk of hurting the bottom line when angry soccer moms refuse to take their kids to movies.

Attached: 1528421304535.png (1061x800, 1.04M)

Is she the only fat girl they could think of? Isn't there a hot one that could play Ursula? Or are they going to try and make Melissa try to be seductive?

Travolta looks like he has down syndrome in drag tho.

Hernione couldn't fucking sing either

Ursula was designed after a drag queen but she wasn't a drag queen she was just a fat woman

The original animator animated Ursula as a frumpy fat sea witch,
>image very related

Nobody at the studio liked it, so he turned to a "Fabulous" drag queen named Devin for inspiration. She went from looking like a fat slob to a sassy diva and it was approved.

Attached: Ursuladrawing.jpg (1600x1320, 175K)

You think the outrage mobs will give a shit about that?

They'll get all raging as soon as they learn "Muh Representation" isn't being "fulfilled".

Even I'd say 90 percent of them didn't know who the fuck Divine was before this.

>“Mary Poppins Returns” director Rob Marshall is helming.

Welp I'm out. He shot way too much of that film like a fucking stage play.

maybe more

And Fart and Food jokes.

Goddamn that shitpost is too obvious.

Attached: FA92AFF7-6F06-46FA-9E65-4AD94AD27A87.jpg (1244x1992, 430K)

>Variety

You’ve been redpilled hard muh dude.

Yeah but who better to portray ugly yet sassy fat women with too much makeup, than drag queen artists specializing in it?

except nobody is arguing that except you, /pol/tard.

>Even I'd say 90 percent of them didn't know who the fuck Divine was before this.
Seconding this, but to be fair that same audience also pushed for a drag queen to voice a character in Steven Universe.
Disney's not touching him after what happened to Bolt.

Because you're not a faggot.

You should be happy about this.

Fuck off faggot

>Can't have ugly drag queens in movies aimed at kids
I see nothing wrong with this. Why can't demented faggots keep their shit away from children? Why should Disney encourage that degenerate shit?

No, Ursula is not a drag queen. You've addressed this. So why should the live action version be?

>not getting Titus in drag
Disney making poor choices again I see
youtu.be/1mz6tw5Zddg

Attached: 000D5F95-9882-4B69-BD36-4F22CB0CA81A.gif (480x270, 1.07M)

What does variety have to do with being red pilled?

Glenn Close is probably being reserved for Cruella's mother (they want Emma Stone for Cruella)

Her attitude was sexy if you think about it again

Out of all the actresses I don't like it had to be her that plays a sea witch whose design is based on a crossdresser.

Attached: 1z21rx4.gif (350x196, 1.61M)

Is there like a list of Disney cartoons that we can count down how many more of these things we'll have to go through?
Little Mermaid
Pochohaunttus
Mulan
Nightmare Before Christmas
Peter Pan
Seriously, how many more of these are left til we move on?

Can't wait for Toy Story live action adaptation

>Lin-Manuel Miranda
He is aweful.

Peter Pan has been a fucking stage play back when my grandfather was killing Japs.

Ghetto fat black chicks.

Ariel will be black and Ursula white. What a world to live in

Dear god...I never knew. I just met SO many fat chicks in the hood who acted just like Ursula before the movie even was concieved. Wonder if that's where Divine got his act...

So far it seems like Tarzan is the only one safe. At least until Disney gets their hands on the movie rights again.

Will they paint her purple

This. Found it delightfully offensive when I saw the headline and most of the reaction beside men in dresses was "that's great". What a back-handed compliment lol

>Ariel, King Triton
>not race swapped
And where do you expect Disney to find actual merfolk to play them?

>mermaids don't exist so Ariel should be black
I bet you patted yourself on the back and everything.

>Disney’s live-action version of “The Little Mermaid.”
Just fucking stop

Rest in Pepperoni, live action Little Mermaid.

Yeah, honestly, Ursula is one of the few roles I think would’ve been perfect for this or something like it, and they’re kinda wasting the opportunity here.

Like she's fat but not nearly venemous enough.
Why not just get an actual drag queen?
Oh shit, why not get Eddie Izzard?

Nah, drag queens are considered outdated and transphobic right now among the queers, making them problematic. Trannies are insecure at the prospect of men who are comfortable being men who simply wear women’s clothes but don’t mind not being considered literal women and don’t want to chop their dicks off.

Attached: 1561676308039.png (1139x1079, 470K)

Is Lilo and Stitch popular in China? I know it’s huge in Japan, and I can sorta imagine Disney doing a new Lilo and Stitch movie just for Japan. But if it’s big enough in China too, I’d think that’d make it almost a guarantee.

Well Divine's too fucking dead.

>Why not just get an actual drag queen?
See , you'd end up with Emerald's VA in a fat suit.

I thought they'd go with Lizzo
youtube.com/watch?v=XaCrQL_8eMY

No, she was a fat octopus person. I don’t know what octopi have going on under their tentacles, but I can only imagine it’s different enough from the human vagina that you’d might as well not call the female comparable to a woman.

I guess the principal should apply to mermaids too, but whatever.

Probably more than even this, but it’s a useful reference.

Attached: DB9AA755-363F-4F19-A5DD-A66178E46A2B.png (1010x912, 1.63M)

>I don’t know what octopi have going on under their tentacles, but I can only imagine it’s different enough from the human vagina that you’d might as well not call the female comparable to a woman.
It's a real mindfuck.

Attached: octopus mating.jpg (624x351, 30K)

mermaids are girls so octopus mermaids have octopussies

Oh they do it through the gill thingy on the side? I always thought they did it somewhere near the mouth. This actually makes a little more sense. Still disturbing, of course.

>the dude fists the chick’s ear

Neat.

and a lot of males have an extended dong-arm so that if the female decides to eat him he can gtfo quickly.

What the fuck, they do it in the siphon? I already knew male octopi produce sperm using one of their tentacles, but I assumed there was a third hole on females. Or that maybe she absorbed it directly through her skin in some way, like how some squid shoot packets of sperm directly into the body. This is like getting pregnant from a blowjob.

Quads of truth

Do they only get one dick arm? It’s really suck if that were the one they lost in a fight or something.

>contemporary and compelling casting choices
We're not getting redheaded Ariel with white porcelain skin aren't we?

Attached: berisad.png (392x495, 221K)

You only get one dick.

How is that progressive though

Wasn't the tarzan author the white man's burden guy, raise a big enough stink about that and you could probably scare Disney out of making it anyway.

No, I think you’re thinking of Rudyard Kipling, who wrote the Jungle Book. He went on record as having a few really colonialist opinions and I think the “white man’s burden” quote might even come from him.

Edgar Rice Burroughs, who wrote Tarzan, also made Tarzan with an extremely colonial attitude in mind. But I’ve heard he wrote it that way on purpose as a joke. Dunno if he seriously bought into all of it or if he was having a laugh and then it backfired when people loved it unironically.

Attached: Dat_bd6067_364746.png (378x366, 99K)

yeah, that bitch has crazy pipes, one of those voices that could cut steel

U think they hang in there after they find out about the bestial coprophasia?

do it have a beak doe?

Attached: colossal-squid-beak.jpg (680x480, 187K)

They're just gonna autotune the shit out of it.
The one that's gonna hurt the most is the Hercules remake because fuck, they'll never get the muses right.

>youtube.com/watch?v=1mz6tw5Zddg
That's actually pretty damn good.
I want him and James Monroe Iglehart to do a musical together.

Melissa McCarthy isn't a "muh vagina", she's a "muh obesity"

>Titus
unexpectedly based casting

They should have cast a skinny woman as Ursula and had her put on weight for the role ha ha wouldn't that be weird

I honestly like melissa mccarthy but wtf there is no way she'll be able to live up to original performance at all

Attached: 1506983520890.jpg (500x381, 27K)

Given how John Carter of Mars was basically White Man isekai'd into Mars, one could say it's in line with the common attitudes.

Getting around racist tropes by using sci fi is a proud American tradition

his voice too high

t.

Attached: 1561654384065.jpg (506x675, 182K)