Nick Artist Program

Well Yea Forums? You have what it takes? Opportunities await!

Attached: 88FE0FF2-C630-4DE9-A324-78A493FC5FB9.jpg (635x768, 184K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nickanimation.com/artist-program
docs.google.com/document/d/12WKNq7gotajS1ljgbSoIBOzOQcX_drE_Z6ef0vE62NU/edit?usp=drivesdk
docs.google.com/document/d/14KQTmoKHC5KROlTXxB40RWYO0wU42oLXPYxceP0b5r0/edit?usp=drivesdk
youtube.com/watch?v=tmYcZDb5j_g
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Truth be told working for Nick almost feels like career suicide. What if they put me on the Loud House team. They won't even let me make an episode half as good as The Green House ever was

Also Craig of the Creek is a much better series then Loud House.

No one watches Nig of the Nog. If you're going to shill for CN at least name a cartoon that actually competes with TLH in the ratings like..... uh.............. I'll get back to you on that not really :^)

Attached: 1495059220680.jpg (451x524, 67K)

Craig of the Creek has better waifus and you're fucking delusional if your waifus are anything other then pure horseshit.

Attached: Eliza and Frufru.jpg (8000x5895, 1.93M)

nickanimation.com/artist-program
>How to Apply
You must be 18 years or older to participate. Participation in the Nick Artist Program is a full-time job. You must possess and present evidence of identification and United States employment eligibility (valid for the duration of the Program). If you have previously applied to the Program and have not been selected, you are welcome and encouraged to apply again. However, you are required to submit an updated portfolio or storyboard, supplemental materials, and/or reel each time you apply.
>What we're looking for
Your portfolio should show diversity in skill. Organize your portfolio by highlighting your main passion first. Include an appropriate number of images to showcase your skills (a minimum of 5 images and a maximum of up to 25 images).

Please submit work such as:

Character designs
Environments
Props
Color and paintings
Sketches and works in progress, as well as completed compositions
Life drawings
Animal sketches

Lol what the fuck is the point? Didn't Nick all year round get like a Baker's Dozen worth of shorts including one based on Harpy Gee and literally out of all those shorts the only show that got greenlit was Welcome to the Wayne which was Nick trying to capitalize on the "We want the Adventure Time/Gravity Falls audience"

Now to be fair...90% of all those shorts were unwatchable garbage. I hate how those shorts pail in comparison to the equally bad but for a different reason garbage we were getting in the Oh Yeah era of Cartoons but at least during that era we got MLATR and Chalk Zone

I think it's more like a summer internship where you get paid idk not really a job appliance

Why would anyone want to work for Nick? Their cartoon department is a joke.

Fuck it, I'm going to give it a try.

the whole channel is joke.

Exactly, a total sinking ship. You're better off sucking John K's dick than getting anywhere at Nick.

Why? So my cartoon gets sidelined by reruns of Spongebob and live action fuckstains?

At least you won’t get std’s working for nick.

Why would I do that? They'll never greenlight my proposal for a cartoon involving three lesbian 10 year old girls who fight crime and wear really revealing costumes.

>working at nick for any other reason than to get connections and references
I can't believe the stupidity in this thread.

They greenlit a show from a man who smeared shit all over two beloved CN classics and did incest comics on the side, I'm sure you'll be just fine.

We did not deserve Savino.

>professional artist
>best job ever
>not hell on earth
Even with the "muh crunch is bad I want to work whenever I want" journalist nonsense going on, it can't be enjoyable, in any way, ever.

Name one good reference that you can get out of Nickelodeon than waiting for an opportunity at Cartoon Network, Disney, or everywhere else.

No one is going to take you seriously if the people you can get connected with is an incestuous artist, someone who has died, and literally who's that have no experience whatsoever in the field.

Hell, it's better than "a guy on Yea Forums jerked off to my drawings".

Don't you know? Anybody who hasn't been blacklisted already has an STD!

all the people working at loud house have a new reference to add to their paper and increase their chances of landing a stable job at cartoons, and Katie Rice is still working.

meanwhile John K shit out Cans without Labels.

Savino, please.

Savino's drawings have been jerked to many a time by faggots here. It's nothing much of a step up to be honest. You would be better off killing yourself to get into Disney or CN to get a few connections to help you out.

>"a guy on the internet jerked off to my drawings".
Isnt that how most people who worked in anime started?

They have been doing that every year since at least 2003 or so. They have around 4-8 shorts made, and usually just one is picked. Some years they never pick any to be made into a series. Like in 2013 and 2015

Honestly, I want to work at Nick so I can pitch a cartoon that I've been thinking of since several years ago.
There's two Google Docs outlining the plot of the series.
docs.google.com/document/d/12WKNq7gotajS1ljgbSoIBOzOQcX_drE_Z6ef0vE62NU/edit?usp=drivesdk
docs.google.com/document/d/14KQTmoKHC5KROlTXxB40RWYO0wU42oLXPYxceP0b5r0/edit?usp=drivesdk
(Ignore the first paragraph on both of the docs)

>want to work at Nick
Sorry to ruin your dreams, but prepared to be crushed by Spongebib reruns and Schinder shows

Attached: FB_IMG_1561681460446.jpg (200x202, 6K)

Is usually everyone's first approach with going into the industry to work at Nickelodeon? You don't have to jump such impressive steps so far if you're not ready for it. A lot of people (Storyboarders, designers, animators, editors, etc...) have to start out small and see what abilities can take them where. You just can't wake up one day and say that'll you'll work for Nick or Disney. It takes time, and the time is your ultimate test to see whether or not you are willing to become a part of the industry.

>t. wanted to be background designer growing up but have no skill whatsoever

hey guys
this isn't for writers, its for artists
and while working for nick is a great way to get your foot in the door, don't think you'd be going there to pitch ideas

Well them trying to replace Dan Schinder shows.

Also you'll likely be staffed on a show that will not make it to air.

Tacoman here, N A H.
My only option is Cartoon Network. That or making shows about Chespirito

I applied like a year ago and nothing, not even a "fuck you" message.

shame their shorts program is a nowhere boondoggle. Because they passed on some high profile pitches. They tend to horde produced pitch shorts.

youtube.com/watch?v=tmYcZDb5j_g

Animate Los Caquitos.

They should have done the Lesbian Mice show.

Attached: EC596234-DD12-4CF9-9F7F-81554BED0382.gif (300x176, 2.4M)

>Chris Savino's stench is still so seeped in the Loud House that no one wants to work on it and they have to beg online artists to sign up
LMAO

surely they wont just sit on all the awesome pilots they have and not make shows for them while sitting on the rights?
right?

go work calarts for us!
proceed to picture a show that was overtaken by a latino family.

Why would you want to tell your idea to Nickelodeon, only to have them find a way to get rid of you and keep the show?

>loudfag is such a shitbag that he makes fucking murrlogic seem reasonable

Attached: 1559024015737.png (2880x1617, 2.31M)

where'd they get the budget for this?

Nothing good, only Cal Arts expectations
Also
>Let us steal from you and do nothing with it!

finna send my portfolio wish me lucks vros

Attached: chrisbenoit.jpg (640x480, 74K)

I used to have interests in those anounces....but now how the executives and the industry are taking the decisions, I'm not sure...

Damnit. I knew I shouldn't have wasted all my time just drawing Waifus for people on Yea Forums to jack off to.

>Wanting Nick to take your personal proyects to copyright them and never use them at all
Why do people keep falling for this scam?

You realize how many pilots Disney, CN and Netflix make and never release?

Eh I've got nothing to lose

the worst they can tell me is yes

>check faq
>no mention of union minimums/guild
>no mention of salary
>in burbank (i mean no surprise) but to live anywhere near the rent is astronomical unless you can live in someones closet for 1k a month
>show example of previous artists on track who were hired
>all women and/or minorities

ok

Attached: nick.jpg (1202x1298, 317K)

Saved that image because I live near there. Thanks for giving me this weird image I've never known I've needed.

Just pretend you’re a male-passing trans girl with 1/8 Mexican heritage in you

Probably would work

>Having to pretend at all
>Not just painting yourself black

Let's be honest, it's probably a tie. At least somebody jacking off to your drawings means you grasp the basics of anatomy and appealing character design. Can't say that for "I got a pity internship at Nickelodeon once".

>minorities
Do Jews count, or are we no longer trendy?

just do a very convincing Foxy Brown cosplay

>The internship goes through, and I end up finding an affordable place to stay
>they like my ideas
>I have a chance to finally create my dream cartoon
> "Oh user, this doesn't have enough jokes, we need to make a couple little changes"
>the heroine is now fat, and her love interest is now black, muslim and trans
>the female "based sengoku Japan + Kenshin with boobies" gets turned into "kawaii desu nee pantsu"
>my already planned minority character is no longer a paratrooper, but is now a rapper

hell, I live in Germany anyway

Underrated as fuck

Excellent, a new job opportunity for a young hip artist like myself who is totally not an accused sexual molester

Attached: Kris Sabino.jpg (350x449, 30K)

I would just love to see that happen.
Heck, I'd sell my soul to the Devil for it.
Well, that and two billion dollars.

you are the perma victim minority so yea

"This really be a :b:ruh moment."
-CallMeCarson, 2019

Not in California.

You already sold your soul for a Playstation consle back in 2014.

Dude fuck that.
Some shitty console isn't worth my soul.

ngl, I would love to work for Nick so I can worm my way up to CEO and greenlight Harpy Gee and Planet Panic already. Wish Nick would stop pushing Spongebob so hard now that Hillenburg is dead. Seems like they squeezed all the money they could out of that cow.

But honestly, what the Hell would you guys want to come out of Nick in general? Seems like no matter what they air, people will always give it 0 chances or if they do like it don't watch it on the channel or app to support it. Unless it's some big grand adventure series for the lorefags or family cartoon with sly adult humour and waifus, nobody on Yea Forums gives a fuck what Nick produces.