Is it gonna be shit?

is it gonna be shit?

youtube.com/watch?v=BVkxgmhO0Bk

Attached: amazon-the-boys-series-cast.jpg (825x464, 42K)

Probably.

It's Garth Ennis, so yes

count on it
that way you'll be pleasantly suprised if it isn't
but it will

Maybe but I'll still watch it for Karl Urban.

>no cock sucking scene
Yeah. Lame PG-13 with some blood so R... Meh.

Can't hate any series with the balls to have spice girls in the trailer.

Preacher would have been a god tier show if they'd halved the episode count for the same series. I like series that are trash and know they're trash.

Needs to go all in with the sex, not just the gore though.

Depends how they do the book's bait and switch from "lol capes suck" to Surprisingly deep espionage thriller after the G-Men massacre. Or if they go all the way in with Love Sausage

its a damn shame they couldnt get simon pegg to be hughie

Too old for the role now. He's playing a different character instead.

I dunno but I can already see morons in Facebook using the show as an example of how super heroes are fascists

I wonder if they might be shills.

>Not using "Boys are back in town" for the trailer music
Yeah it's gonna be shit.

Eh, while they would probably have stupid reasonings, it wouldn't be totally out of line.
I mean there was a nazi superman in the book, and one of the later covers was superpeople herding along a line to the gas chambers.

most likely

That's the issue though, they see cartoonishly incompetent and evil superheroes and apply that to actual, non-ironic ones. Doesn't help that Man of Steel exists.

It's going to suck, it was good in the first place because the idea of subverting superheroes and showing the collateral damage and stress they cause society was new and interesting at the time.

We also live in a time without any nuance permitted in our entertainment, the story about the gay superhero that got murdered? It couldn't be written with that kind of depth, any character that is gay will have to be 100% angelic and a great person, any character who is critical of them must be a full blown nazi, probably with several gratuitous references to the current political climate in their dialogue. The main characters certainly won't be saying poof and faggot, I guess the writers will have to find some other way to show they're not politically correct social butterflies but I don't have any faith in an Amazon writer's ability to do that while simultaneously not crossing any lines. Of the decent Boys storylines I can't really think of any I'd expect would be any good written with modern sensibilities in mind, we live in surprisingly prudish times.

The cast is weird, but The Female looks just too normal.

Attached: The Female.jpg (400x523, 47K)

The first season was an entirely pointless and didn’t have anything to do with the comics nor did it do anything interesting at all. Hopefully they learned and just follow the books not make up shit

>Seth Rogen
What the fuck did you expect? lol

Attached: 0c0.jpg (604x604, 54K)

I'll never know since I avoid edgy shit most of the time.

Why was the black one Scary Spice?