Genuine and believable platonic friendship shoehorned into a forced romance

>genuine and believable platonic friendship shoehorned into a forced romance
Did this piss anyone else off? I mean even as a kid I knew those two had no business dating.

Attached: Kim_Possible_and_Ron_Stoppable.jpg (180x135, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YpGmz_hl07o
drive.google.com/file/d/1qnAeFTU_WzyVcWf_NPPrUtESV3MtoHXl/view
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Ron should have been with Monique

And kim should be been with shego

And draken should be been with dnamy

It made me mad too as a kid . I couldn’t enjoy the final season cause of it.

Same.

>genuine and believable platonic friendship shoehorned into a forced romance
No
Platonic relationship turning into a romantic relationship is way, way better than romantic relationships popping up out of nowhere "at first sight".
Nothing is more harmful to people's understanding of relationships than media teaching kids and adults alike that friendship is incompatible with romance, and that you will just know the love of your life after one date.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 57K)

OBVIOUS COUPLE BAD
CRACK SHIP GOOD

Except they showed interest a few times throughout the series. And they're childhood friends so it's not like it's hard to believe. Did it happen a bit too quickly? Sure. Did the pay off work? I think so.
youtube.com/watch?v=YpGmz_hl07o

>forced
It was planned from the start mate.
Descriptions from the Series-pitch Bible mentioned Ron crushing on Kim (see pic).
They probably pushed the ship tease to season 3 so it wouldn't already be exhausting before the big setup.
Just look how annoying StarMarco was with all the "ooh look, they totally like each other, are they gonna hook up? Nope, not yet. Oooh!"

Attached: Kim-RonBios.jpg (600x800, 141K)

Yeah it was fucking bullshit.
But no more bullshit than the other retarded relationships in most media.

Sounds like someone's best friends rejected their confession

Attached: 1450415224384.png (223x250, 58K)

>REEEEEE FUCKING HETERONORMATIVITY GOT IN THE WAY FROM MY SHITTY YURI SHIP

>shitting on straight ships during pride month
IMAGINE MOY SHAWK

>this is your brain in /pol/

>crackship is better than the official one
>creators try to pander to crackshippers by creating a shitty as fuck clone of their ship
God bless Korra

Realistically Ron should have gotten no one. He's an unattractive social outcast retard. No decent looking pussy would have ever wanted him. Also the fat boy who refuses to leave his room? He also didn't deserve love. Pure wish fulfillment. Physically unappealing guys getting pussy WAY out of their league.

Its still kinda obvious that faggots shit on straight ships during pride month.

Sounds like you're a seething virgin that is still obsessed about CHAD stoppable.

Kys Ronfag

I thought it was fine. It would be weird if physical attraction was never addressed. Plus, shared experience and trust in life and death situations goes a long way. Loved when they were friends, loved when they got together.

The worst is when people think that
>two characters have thematic similarities despite having nothing in common
>CLEARLY meant to be together

What the fuck was "forced" about it? Ron crushing on Kim was happening from the very beginning and it unraveled and paid off at the end like it was supposed to. Maybe recent shows like Star have broken your brain or some shit but this is how ship shit is meant to be done.

Attached: 1536552921341.jpg (450x450, 16K)

Romance doesn't belong in kids' action cartoons in general. Fuck shipping and fuck horny girls who clamor for that shit.

>muh love will spoil the friendship "argument"
where do mongols like that come from?

And marco should be been with jackie

Stop. The only reason losers or betas get decent or HOT pussy thrown their way is because it's fiction. In real life guys like Ron at best get a twat that's a 4/10.

Sounds like someone's projecting

In general romance is never depicted accurately anywhere in media. If it was done realistically? Many men would be pissed off and angry and stressed unable to stomach reality.

Jackie went gay after dating Marco. Kinda activates those almonds don't it.

>NOOOOOOOOOOO THIS CARTOON ABOUT HIGH SCHOOL SPIES IS SUPPOSED TO BE GROUNDED AND REALISTIC
seek sunlight

Sweet, a KP thread!

Full of incels shitting on ron for being a good guy and people against the "gay agenda"

Well...yeah. Where do you think you are?

I want more wholesome Connverse in S6. Got a fair amount of it in S5 but more is always good.

Jackie only went gay because Marco was such a bad boyfriend

She was never going to be in lesbians with Shego. Get over it, and your creepy selves.

You fags are worse than the zutara shippers.

I think its an issue when friendship is consistently treated like true love, with very little media saying "dude, just find someone else to be your lover"

False. I’ve been friends with benefits for a girl for three years and we have no romantic feelings for each other nor will we ever. I have a girlfriend who is fine with it and has no problem because she can see we are completely platonic aside from fucking.

Why's everybody shitting on Ron?
He's a master of Monkey Kungfu.
He's the school mascot and everybody loved him, except for Bonnie.

(((Ron)))

And yet Jarcucks won't quit bitching about how "HE SHOULD'VE STAYED WITH JACKIE WAAAAAAAAAH!". Its funny af

>bonnie
She hates everyone because she thinks she's a Stacy when she isn't

Wow, your gf is a fucking cuck

Personally, I really enjoyed it cause they never tried to create some contrived reason for them to split up or something like that. Ron and Kim kept their dynamic while still a couple which is super rare with cartoons these days.

That doesnt count though, That's just fanfiction S4 jackie forced in by cotugno and her creepy lapdogs. S4 is not even really cannon; it was forced by execs.

What point are you disproving?

How many times have we had this thread this month alone? Whoever you are, user, whatever drives you to make this threads, know this: you can tell the truth to us. Tell us whatever is hurting you and we'll listen. Recognising a problem is the first step to solve it.

>S4 is not even really cannon; it was forced by execs.
The cope is strong in this one

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-11_at_11.58.38_PM.png (836x472, 302K)

Damn, didn't know there were irl cuckqueans.

All you're adding to the discussion is that you're a sex fiend, this really isn't terribly relevant to romance or romance writing.

>How many times have we had this thread this month alone?
user its pride month, what the fuck do you expect from flaming faggots?

A cartoon being unrealistic?
Fucking hell, stop the presses

It's true though. No copes about it. Just cause you dont like it, and love how terrible S4 turned out doesnt mean the last season wasnt thrown-together headcannon garabge.

She’s joined us before at times so she isn’t a cuck.
That men and women’s friendship will always turn romantic.

this still doesn't explain that Kim Possible outrage.

Personally I "didn't mind" but I don't even know if it is a proper way to put it. I'm not a fan of that show. I just watched a some episodes and clips so when I found out they were coupe I was like: okay that happened, it's only natural because they were best friends in the first place.

Why I think people are butthurt over it is because they see Ron as a loser just because he is a comedic character and they ship Kim with themselfs. To put it simply they are jealous.

Oh, in that case happy pride month user.

didn't know bobby miller browsed Yea Forums

Nah putting Kim and Ron together was obviously just some faggots wet dream.

I thought that cuckqueens were a myth. Is your friend-with-benefits considered the bull?

>It's true though.
No it isn't.
>No copes about it.
Bullshit.
>Just cause you dont like it, and love how terrible S4 turned out doesnt mean the last season wasnt thrown-together headcannon garabge.
Now you're just being stupid. Also its canon. Cannon is a smooth bore artillery piece.

Ron was a faggot.
Kim was not into him, and it was obvious.

I like Ron and Kim together but if you only watched like a couple episodes, you have no right to call people out as 'jealous' because you don't really understand the context.
Most people don't like Ron because he's ugly and his voice is very grating. Kim and Shego have a very dedicated following like Harry/Hermione. Ron is the Ron ironically.

>Ron was a faggot.
Now you're just projecting

>She’s joined us before at times so she isn’t a cuck.
Nah she’s still a cuck

No, Ron was the one not into Kim.
Kim was hot for Ron but didn't want to bring it up because Bonnie would absolutely destroy her socially.
Ron deeply valued their friendship above everything, except maybe nachos.

Ron felt way too much like a writers self-insert after awhile. He went from being a dorky supportive friend to having every female in the show crushing on him, becoming a football quarterback with a hot cheerleader girlfriend and a prophesised chosen one of that monkey kungfu magic shit. It felt obnoxious after a while, especially in the last season.
You can tell they just started pandering to shipping cancer in ways that made no sense, like suddenly in the movie finale, shego is a tsundere for drakken and loves him when nothing of the sort was ever even hinted at in the series. Early seasons are far better cause they were devoid of this. Character shipping and the drama that it entails always leads to show degredation.

bwahahaha I knew it

jelly all the way

>he's ugly and his voice is very grating.

most jelly "arguments" in the whole world

>you have no right to call people out as 'jealous' because you don't really understand the context.

what's there to understand? It's mostly episodic show, I watched flashback episodes when they were kids (as if, not teenagers) I saw them interacting. You are jealous and it's fucking pathetic because they are period characters.

>completely platonic aside from fucking.
I don't think you should be analyzing any kind of relationship. Your shit's a dumpster fire.

Seriously, it makes my relationship with my ex wife look stable.

SEETHING

How am i seething when you're the one bitching about Season 4? Are you working in your mental gymastics for next year?

Did kids really care about shipping back then?
I know I certainly didn't.
I felt like it was a distraction from the action and comedy.

Not so much "jealousy" so much as people not really understanding how someone as hot as Kim can go for a beta male like Ron.
Couples like that might happen in real life but I think it's more rare. So when it happens in a cartoon, people can't fathom someone that could get any guy would go for an ugly dude.
Also you don't understand that support for Kim x Shego was huge and still is today. So people (mostly shippers) were pissed their headcanon was smashed.
The hate on Ron has amplified since to the point people even started insulting fans of Ron too.

They didn't. But teenagers watched this show too.

>not really understanding how someone as hot as Kim can go for a beta male like Ron.

in normal world imperfect people get laid too, deal with it.

Also it's really hard to masturbate when it's guy on girl, most people on here prefer hot lesbian action which is understandable.
I'd show you what I mean but I'd get banned.

Then how come I am still a virgin at the age of 27

Nah it was always the endgame like For Ron Kim is pretty much the center of his world, he feels strongly enough about her that he is willing to go on globetrotting adventures and risk his life on a regular basis, even though he hates that stuff and, at least at the beginning of the series, was woefully unprepared for it, that's not the kind of thing you do for your friend who happens to be a girl.

For Kim Ron is pretty much it for her, she won't totally commit to the world of superscience and heroes/villains or to normalcy, and the only other person in her life straddling that line is Ron. You also have to consider that despite being a goofball he's probably one of the most formidable guys in her dating field, he's able to hold his own against a variety of heroes and villains in a fight, whenever he applies himself to something, be it sports, the arts, finance, villainy, he instantly reaches an elite level in the field.

Kim/Shego wouldn't work even if Kim was gay, which she clearly isn't, but anyways Shego and Kim are both looking to wear the pants in a relationship and while the relationship could maybe work in a normal circumstance it's not going to work in a world where Shego will have global justice pursuing her for most of her life, there's no way in hell she and Drakken don't go back to villainy after the series end. Best Kim/Shego can do is a catwoman/batman type relationship where they can flirt and fuck but never have anything more than that due to their refusal to compromise their lifestyles or morals to be with one another.

Shego/Drakken was a bullshit move though there is no way that's going to work out and it's going to make their working relationship hell afterwards.

>two attractive people of opposite sex who get along well enough to be best friends
>they shouldn't try to date each other because...???

Are you people that complain about this shit literal children?

It's been factually proven platonic friendships do not work.

Ron isn't really a beta male. He's bad at looking cool to teenagers. By any adult valuation of potential he's an 11/10 giga-chad.

Just be yourself.

>Kim/Shego wouldn't work
Kim redeems Shego. Shego becomes a teacher. Done. It's even hinted at in the show.

You didn't try hard enough

No, Shego could only be good if her brain was mangled by a machine that forces her to be good.
Shego loves being evil, it's what she wants.

Then why did they mock shippers in the extra season by having a story where Kim lost her memory of Ron being her boyfriend and didn't believe it when she was told, remarking that "some people read too much into things"?

Drama, thats why

>some people read too much into things
Is the irony lost on you or what man

why all know ron belonged to bonnie

Attached: bonnie.gif (500x281, 1.18M)

Bonnie dumped Ron for Junior my man.

>That men and women’s friendship will always turn romantic.
please cite the part of that post that postulated this.

>Nothing is more harmful to people's understanding of relationships than media teaching kids and adults alike that friendship is incompatible with romance, and that you will just know the love of your life after one date.

>Wade in the flesh
THIS SHOULD NOT BE

It aired. It's canon. Deal with it bitch before I suck your dick dry like the fag you are.

>believing what user's saying
Tsh, what a loser, MY gf personally finds me hot milfs to impregnate every weekend and loves to watch. Now that what it means to be an absolute chad

And tom should be been with oskar

Based

I said in NORMAL world while I believe you live among NORMIES (people who claim and pretend to be normal)

Kim possible writers were obviously based and didn't come from dysfunctional familes

There should have been more eye-poking scenes in this show.

Attached: Kim.Possible.S01E21.Low.Budget.1080p.WEB-DL.x265.10bit.EAC3.2.0-RCVR[UTR].mkv_snapshot_11.48_[2019.0 (1920x1080, 541K)

this implies the exact opposite

Not the same guy, but cuckqueens are pretty common in my experience. I'm not into that kind of thing, but I've dated several women who were.

Best ship

Attached: CF80FC93-1496-4E2E-8704-A365135DF095.jpg (352x288, 50K)

I felt Ron exploited Kim's emotional vulnerability

> more eye-poking scenes in this show.
That is a weird fetish even for this site.

Yeah sure, the guy who didn't act at first because he was scared of what it'd do to their friendship.

>I felt Ron exploited Kim's emotional vulnerability
Oh i get it, you're an idiot.

>A highly successful secret agent can't handle her emotions
Stop projecting your victim complex.

I'm not gonna lie that makes kind of sense. Like Kim wouldn't just get with Ron right away would she? I know it's a kid's movie but the way they came together didn't make much sense. It's shown Ron was attracted to her, but not the other way around.

gay sex in general is just more visually and sexually satisfying.

It’s how things were meant to be.

check out RonxMrPossible

Not really.
Even in this picture it’s obvious.
His character was terrible except for Rufus and nachos and I guess being the comedic relief on missions.

Completely doubtful.
I didn’t see Ron going after Brock.
He didn’t resist at all.

Why am I quoted here?
You didn’t even respond to anything I said.

because I yr little shit
grow up

He speaks the truth!

Comedic relief who single-handedly wins almost all of Kim's missions by tripping into the villain at just the right angle (to say nothing of when he goes into Monkey God Mode). Meanwhile, all Kim ever does is fight Shego and/or use a gadget.

Don't project your issues on us just because you have no friends.

Tf did I do to you?

Me. It kinda pissed me off.

Okay, but that’s the way it’s written. Ron taking out the bad guy through luck is great for comedic relief, but obviously Kim has the skills.
As for “Monkey God Mode”, very true. I forgot they did that. That should have been a much larger part of his character.

Monkey God mode was cringe bro

Nowhere near as cringe as whatever the fuck his character is without it

It's worse, like deviantart super saiyan sonic the hedgehog shit

Okay, okay. Fine.
But, they really could have done way better with his character in general

>OBVIOUS COUPLE BAD
most male/female friendships don't actually end up with dating
those that do don't always last

nowhere does this sentence imply that EVERY friendship will turn romantic, you absolute retard.
It just says that it's POSSIBLE for a friendship to turn into romance. Which it is. It also says that it's bullshit to suggest that true love happens at first sight, which is also generally true.

Attached: snapshot20150611020159.png (478x418, 97K)

Men and women can't hold a platonic relationship as long as one is attracted to the other.

>tries to tell her how he feels
>gets cock blocked by his bald hamster
>doesn't bring up the confession again
>doesn't push kim for an answer
>apparently forgot he even confessed when he has no idea why Kim is rushing him to prom
Oh yeah, he totally exploited(!)

The fuck is Brock?

>those that do don't always last
I have absolutely no research to back it up, but I am willing to to believe that statistically, you would find that relationships which evolved from friendship are more likely to last than relationships established with strangers.

If only because there is 20 times more of the latter, as love (and sex) hungry men and women can go through half a dozen boyfriends/girlfriends in their life, while many of those people don't even have close opposite-sex friends.

I think he meant Brick, like Brick Flagg. The football guy.

Autocorrect.
Calm tf down

>Ron taking out the bad guy through luck is great for comedic relief,
But when it's done in almost every episode, it completely undermines the whole point of Kim.

Maybe he was the main character the whole time.

>Monique
I think you meant Yori

Attached: Yoribio.jpg (250x233, 11K)

>dem puffy sleeves
I love this shows artstyle

I like them as a couple

Attached: 155383de14fa9e1f105294684.jpg (1165x1467, 119K)

>S4 is not even really cannon; it was forced by execs.

I am truly astonished by your ignorance of how masterfully woven the relationship between Star and Marco is depicted throughout the series.
Allow me to enlighten you to the truth.

drive.google.com/file/d/1qnAeFTU_WzyVcWf_NPPrUtESV3MtoHXl/view

If you’re fucking, it’s not platonic. Not fucking is the very definition of a platonic relationship. You’re in an open relationship. And your girlfriend is either very openminded or very dumb.

Attached: DLlWs8jx_400x400.jpg (400x400, 28K)

Ron virtually without exception wanted what was best for Kim and looked out for her as best he could.

Kim shoots Ron a thousand dirty looks throughout the series because she thinks he's annoying and refuses to believe it when she meets someone who is more impressed with Ron then her.

Ron deserved better.

I never watched the final season. I mind it less that way.

They’re mad Ron wasn’t a chad and had a harem

but he was and had many females pinning after him through out the series

Anti-Semite

>You fags are worse than the zutara shippers.
I don't think anything is worse then zutara shippers. Except people that ship Ty Lee and Azula. Fucking retards.

they're going to make it canon in the netflix show and it will ruin Azula as a character

Shego and Drakken were practically an old married couple anyways.

>Shego loves being evil
Shego seems to understand the world she lives in better than anyone else, really she could walk into the Venture Bros and be at home. She's going to go back to evil because it's more profitable and more fun, plus there are no real consequences because prisons are easily escaped and you usually escape anyways.

Like I said earlier she values Kim more as an opponent than as a relationship prospect, Batman and Catwoman at best.

that's why they are the best ship
they are a realistic couple

Don't get me started on that, especially on a thread not about that. All I'm going to say is that salt mines will be opened and one of the greatest shit storms will be seen on Yea Forums.

I don't know; she often seems very motivated in trying to rip Kim to pieces.

Speaking of forced shipping.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 13K)

I found Kim to be boring and Ron annoying.

>WAAAAAAH STOP FORCING HETEROSEXUALITY IN MY GAY SHIP WAAAAAAAAAH!

Lmao, it's not even that. It literally was forced. The creators made it happen bc they though that's what fans wanted.

I shipped Katara and Zuko.

>142 pages

Attached: cringe.gif (320x240, 3.89M)

No

Dude.

Who tf didn't ship Zuko and Sokka?

he's homophobic
the fucking bigot

Shame.

>Shego seems to understand the world she lives in better than anyone else, really she could walk into the Venture Bros and be at home

yeah, Drakken and Shego had a pretty Ventures Brothers vibe going. They would just talk about nothing and give each other tons of shit.

You know, I'm kind of surprised Ron and Shego never got an episode where they had to work together and discovered how much they had in common, both being under appreciated side kicks.

I also vaguely remember in either the team go episode or some side comic that shego was bullied as a kid, giving her a similar childhood to Ron.

I guess they didn't want to retread the concept behind the Ms Go ep.

It's weird, 90% of the time I like yuri ships more than hetero ships but in Kim Possible Kim/Ron and Shego/Drakken are just perfect and my absolute favorites and I've never liked Kim/Shego.

It was like one of the best ships to ever happen in canon. Fuck off.

Wow I've never seen a blowjob as an insult before.
Is it because you'd be so good they'd have to turn gay?

Did you even watch the Moodulator episode (also the origin of the in/famous little black dress) in season 3? After that it was 100% obvious they were going to get together and it was only a question of when.

Honestly this sounds like more reason to be a dick. I mean, if angering someone is just gonna make them suckle my dick I'm probably gonna just gonna intentionally piss them off.

I agree with guy above. I don't remember much of the movie but the only reason why they are together is because Kim is Kim Possible, caught between two worlds, if she were to be in a relationship it would make sense for her to be with someone who can be apart of both of her worlds. I doubt she would be happy if she were in either of them solely. I think it's more like she is emotional vulnerable around Ron, because he gets her and her experiences'.

I'll just slide this here...

Attached: kim possible cuck.jpg (801x1000, 351K)

So, would you have sex with him then?

Agreed, Ron is the type who shows up to the 10 year reunion in a luxury care and doesn't even realize he's showing off.

Katara self-insert femcel detected

They needed to boost the ratings and them dating was the easiest way to do it.

He's not even ugly

Maybe not in-universe, but comparatively to all the women, he is.
This is the only fanart I've got of him where he looks halfway decent.

Attached: kp kim ron kiss.jpg (500x400, 32K)

Yes, and I'm big into the childhood friends developing into a cute relationship. The idea worked, but actually seeing how little chemistry they had as a couple just killed it for me.

Anything that cucks Kim
fanfiction.net/s/9440365/1/Shattered-Souls

Attached: d36xg7c-acb7345c-d1a3-4556-ba77-302ebe1518ea.jpg (1054x732, 571K)

This was a great ship and nobody has a reason to complain about it.

Ironically most of these fics start with Kim cucking Ron.

Nope I was pretty much Ron and my best friend way smarter and who I thought was out of my league, confessed to me and now we’re married. If you want good friends that don’t date watch Buffy, Xander never gets Buffy.

yeah but he gets the far superior anya
and gets in there with willow
desu buffy is the undateable one

No, I thought it was sweet and made way more sense than any of the alternatives. My mom didn't like it though, and thought their prom kiss scene was inappropriate. She's probably just an angry hater like you guys.

My reaction to that prom kiss was:
"Wait...You can actually have that in a cartoon?"
"Yes, and it was beautiful!!"

Because they probably tongued? That kiss was filled with 12 years of frustration.

I'll honestly never get why people never think about this:
Not every cartoon was made capable of sending that one particular message you wanted across. Specially one about about "Sometimes friends are better to stay JUST FRIENDS. No reason why, we just wanted to show you that even when it'll cripple the story we had in mind, and instead pander to your contrarian opinions you make to piss people on Internet message boards!"

>genuine and believable platonic friendship
unless one of them is gay, there's no way a one-on-one guy and girl friendship is anything other than one party secretly having feelings for the other and either biding their time or just ignoring them in favour of getting to spend time with someone they love.

They were both gay in this case.

You niggas are displaying emotional depth

Attached: trump.jpg (1160x629, 188K)

Holy shit, they actually are.

Attached: 1488020188388.jpg (439x432, 48K)

The only thing being projected is reality.

>she won't totally commit to the world of superscience and heroes/villains or to normalcy, and the only other person in her life straddling that line is Ron.
There is no line between the two in that series. Crazy fuckers are all over the place and normies are only bothered if they're trying to blow up the city or whatever. The superhero shit being as part of Kim's life as cheer-leading practice and homework was the central running gag of the series. This is why they didn't do a secrecy shtick.

Shego is CUTE

Attached: Kim.Possible.S01E08.Mind.Games_snapshot_11.01_[2019.06.16_01.56.11].jpg (1920x1080, 714K)

Please tell me there is more of this

I bet that Bonnie was secretly attracted to Ron on some level, if only because he got together with Kim, and since Kim was her rival, Bonnie wanted to steal him. Also there was that whole thing about him being "beneath" her, socially, and thus was a sort of forbidden fruit.

But they did work together in the episode where Ron becomes a villain, remember? Ron (or rather, Zorpox) showed himself to be far more capable, with a greater propensity for cruelty, than Drakken, and that got Shego in line.

Otherwise, Shego was the more dominant and aggressive half in her working relationship with Drakken, while Kim treated Ron with mild exasperation at his worst.

Shego is only a henchgirl because she's too lazy to be a headlining villain herself.

That's great and all. But you in no way proved him wrong. He didn't say all platonic turn into romance.

Attached: IMG_20190618_221915.jpg (1440x1090, 158K)