Darth Vader to Appear in Marvel Comics #1000

newsarama.com/45791-darth-vader-boards-marvel-comics-1000.html

Why is no one talking about this???

Are they finally growing a pair and making Star Wars apart of Marvel?

Attached: DarthVaderMarvel.png (1400x1400, 1.91M)

>caring about Disney wars
lol

...wouldn't this have been something to reveal in the issue itself?

You're either an idiot or a normie

Because no one cares

Could he beat Thanos?

Fare how would he?

I’m here for the salt

Attached: F2EB3099-BCAF-4374-8203-FD7A264007C7.jpg (185x192, 7K)

Please god no.
Vader was the only good comic they've published in a decade.

I hate to be both, like you. Yikes.

>A long time ago in a galaxy far far away

Even if they are part of 616, they wouldn't cross over with the main marvel books at all.

>marvel
>continuity
hearty kek

>Tony finds Anakin's lightsaber in the Avengers Celestial-Mobile

>not liking Conan

Marvel said a while back that Star Wars wouldn't cross over with anything else. So no.

Eh, it's alright... which is fantastic by nuMarvel standards.
I kinda wonder if the creative teams for both of them are shunned by the rest of the soi-chugging staff for being decent at their jobs, instead of SJW propagandists.

>no u
Great rebuttal, sure showed me

>celebration of everything Marvel Comics
>wHy Is VaDeR tHeRe
Idiots

Marvel says a lot of things. Remember no more events?

Well this page definitely will be cut out when this comic is printed in my country. The rights to Marvel and Star Wars comics are held by different companies.

Your brain is in a state of disrepair

They never said that. Are you stupid? They said no more events for 18 months, which they did.
Everyone knows this, but it won't stop retards from pushing a narrative.

Shut the fuck, you fucking imbecile.

Why are you so mad, though?

>caring about Disvel

>which they did.
no they didn't

... Yes, they did. Why don't you check how many months passed between Secret Empire and War of the Realms?

You idiot, Infinity Countdown #1 was released in March of last year.

not that I blame you, but you're forgetting Infinity Countdown/Infinity Wars

That's not a linewide, crossover event, though. Neither were Damnation, Infinity Wars or Age of X. War of the Realms was the FIRST linewide crossover event since Secret Empire, and that's what they meant in first place.

See Infinity Countdown wasn't bad, anyway. Wars was the lazy one.

>Luke, you will travel to Blackspire Outpost TM and drink cauliflower milk and build your first lightsaber for only 200 credits

Yeah, this will sure serr a mirrion copies

Attached: akira_yoshida.jpg (330x330, 33K)

It’s going to be a poster on someone’s wall.

>oink oink keep saying the DC pig

No, it's something to boost sales of the issue.

Someone's been taking too many red pills.

Wait what the fuck

100% guaranteed this is testing the water for a film crossover because they’re desperate for Star Wars to be making Marvel money.

I legit think about this alot cause the star wars films are becoming dead ends

>how to kill a sucessful franchise over ONE movie
granted, as a whole Disney was shitting the bed, but it's one movie all what normies care

I thought this book was a page covering each year of Marvel

They can say Indiana Jones takes place in the MCU, and not really miss anything.

Kind of, but's telling an overarching story.

they made star wars comics before disney

All the data is pointing to RoS being a financial disappointment. I’ll be genuinely surprised if it makes more than TLJ.

>spend $4 billion on a franchise and an additional $3 billion on building theme parks
>still not in the black after five years
>kill merchandising sales of an unstoppable 35-year cash juggernaut in less than a year
>$700 million+ falloff in returns movie-to movie (TFA $2.1 billion vs TLJ $1.3 billion/R1 $1 billion vs Solo $300 million)
>first bonafide loss-making flop in history of franchise (Solo)

The brand is tarnished forever at this point. If I was Bob Iger I’d have Kennedy and her team publicly flayed in the Disneyland courtyard at the height of summer for this abject failure.

Remember when Marvel said they had 'years of stories' for post-Civil War Spider-Man?

How about the time they said they'd never cross Ultimate and 616 because it would mean they had 'run out of stories to tell'?

Oh! And the time they said Peter Parker was gone forever?

I don't, because I wasn't reading comics back then... I started in 2011 with Cosmic Marvel in lieu of the GOTG movie. Sorry.

It is, but the story continued in Marvel Comics #1001.
I can't seem to find Marvel Comics #999 for my collection though

Well with solo's case the reason why it underperformed was because it came out too early, if it were delayed to December like the other films, it probably would have done a little better, nothing too spectacular like TFA but not a bomb either. Oh yeah and the fact it was a spinoff movie.

people still care about Star Wars?
I thought Disney killed all interest in that franchise

Now, I'd say you are right but the only competition for Solo was Hotel Transylvania 3 and Jurassic World 2. Solo was forever doomed.

Man marvel is fucking pissed at how much Detective Comics #1000 sold, aren’t they?
IIRC Star Wars#1 is the only comic this century to have sold more, hence this move

Is this all part of Yoshida's march to 1 million copies sold?
He was acting like a child a few days ago when Newsarama suggested that "MC 1000" was the book that was being targeted for 1 million issues, and Yoshida responded with a "I-I-I never said that it would be that book."
He really implied that it would be though.
The original article was about how the order numbers were looking soft compared to expectations.

>IIRC Star Wars#1 is the only comic this century to have sold more, hence this move
Thanks to Lootcrate's and at least 68 variant covers

He actually didn't say it, that's true. But he's been playing two fields here: Marvel Comics #1000 (and #1001) and JJ and Larsen's Spider-Man issues. The latter actually has more of a chance to get huge sales because it actually has, you know, skilled artists behind it, while the other one has celebrity clout which may not play well among regular readers given how it happened.
But MC #1000 is stacked enough to sell that much. I just assume he's playing it safe by not putting a number on it.

Just in case some of you don't know what I'm talking about:

>Later this year, three of Marvel's most legendary creators return to the friendly neighborhood with AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: GOING BIG #1!

>Erik Larsen, Gerry Conway, and Mark Bagley unite for a special Marvel 80th anniversary one-shot about the hero they helped become the most beloved character in all of fiction. Written by Conway and Larsen with art by Larsen, Bagley, and more, this killer Spidey story will keep you guessing until the very last page...

Attached: mar80thasm2019001_cov.jpg (914x1375, 338K)

Can his peepee sell 1 million copies?

Yawn. Call me when they get McFarlane on board. Or if they dig up an unreleased Ditko issue.

Star Wars should never ever cross over with Earth related shit. I know they did that in one of the Infinite comics already but it dilutes the entire universe. Something which disney already did I guess. In essence, fuck nuWars.

Attached: Disney_Lawyer_spots_someone_disliking_the_mouse.gif (640x480, 75K)

We got quite the elitist over here, folks.

Attached: 1544924484984.jpg (250x234, 13K)

It doesn’t matter.

Kathleen Kennedy ruined the Skywalker bloodline and is permanently killing the bloodline (with Luke dying a virgin and Kylo dying in rots).

All Vader ever did was worthless, both the good and bad. Even his sacrifice was pointless.

The only thing that now matters in Star Wars is Rey the Mary Sue and how she is the greatest Jedi/person in the universe.

/thread

They couldnt. Disney had saved December for that stupid Mary Poppins movie which also underperformed.

Epic

Attached: 1537011812199.png (644x800, 15K)

As someone who hates SJWs I think Marvel is doing good right now.

I mean, how wasn't it line wide? You had the space crew, Avengers and even X-Men characters involved with Wolverine.

Anything Star Wars post Disney buy out doesn't exist.

"Linewide" means it involves tie-ins, which these events didn't. There was a 6-issue mini, and a handful other minis disconnected from the ongoings, which you could pick (or not) if you wanted but weren't fully essential. The same goes for Age of X, Extermination, Damnation, No Surrender/No Road Home...
Civil War II, Secret Empire and War of the Realms are full linewide, and I think Absolute Carnage will be also (doesn't it cross over with Spider-Man and Venom?).

>Darth Vader to Appear in Marvel Comics #1000

Attached: Marvel soyboy.gif (800x800, 230K)

>DC pig being retarted as usual

>>>/farm/

Don't even bother replying, just report them as "low quality", that's what they are anyway. Bunch of punk-ass motherfuckers who can't even articulate their dislike.

>DC pig
I didn't know you were a Muslim now, Ladderbro.

>report any post you don't like
Remember that overreporting is a bannable offense.

This is a really lame gimmick, and if anything, it shows off how bad marvel's current position is. Especially considering one of their biggest classic characters is the fucking cunt who inspired Vader's creation. If we're lucky, Marvel will enter a King Features Syndicate like state by the end of the 2020's and be rendered a licensing library for merchandise and reprint rights.

>it shows off how bad marvel's current position is.
Yeah, absolutely... It's Marvel and not DC who's hurting right now, and overshipping to death.

Attached: publisher_market_shares-may2019.png (756x726, 88K)

>he's a capefag

Attached: 1540228774627.jpg (960x492, 56K)

If Marvel wasn't doing bad, they wouldn't be publishing those crap event books.

Right? I mean it's not like DC isn't doing events right now or anything, no sir, they're completely devoid of all that shit!
Also
>retail share considerably lower than Marvel's by a full 12%, but somehow their unit share is only 1% lower
Makes you think!

>DC is leaving the direct market while Marvel floods it
It makes you think, yes.

>retail share considerably lower than Marvel's by a full 12%, but somehow their unit share is only 1% lower
>Makes you think!
"Year of the Villain" cost $0.25 and was included in the unit market share. They could have sold 600K of those, but Diamond refuses to put those on the actual list of issues ordered because they consider them to be promotional items. That inflated their unit market share, but not the retail market share because it only cost twenty-five cents

>while Marvel floods it
Nigga the unit share indicates the opposite, DC IS overshipping.
>That inflated their unit market share
By 12%? Yeah, right.

>DC IS overshipping
I will believe it when our guy Higgins tweets about it.

>DC IS overshipping.
which titles?

spidey can finally show off his lightsaber skills again

Attached: doom vs spider-man 2.jpg (400x233, 58K)

>Star Wars is Marvel's "watchmen" arc.

Marvel's printed a lot of shit but I've liked a lot of their recent stuff

Savage Avengers is like a brofest /tg/ campaign.

Add to the list of possibilities here:
>Darth Vader gets a symbiote
>Darth Vader wears an Iron Man Variant
>Darth Vader wears the Infinity Gauntlet
>Darth Vader becomes the Herald of Galactus
>Darth Vader in Asgardian Armor
>Darth Vader becomes Soreceror Supreme
>Darth Vader's armor is possessed by Ultron
>Darth Vader Hulks out
>Darth Vader fights Doctor Doom
>Darth Vader gets cucked by Norman Osborn
>Darth Vader gets raped by Marcus
>Darth Vader is healed by a blood transfusion from Wolverine
>Darth Vader is shocked to see he's a fictional character in that world
>Darth Vader can't use the force because it doesn't exist in the MU
>Darth Vader is cloned by the Jackal
>Darth Vader injects the Super Soldier serum
>Darth Vader takes over and we'll get the Age of Vader event
>Darth Vader reprograms the sentinels to hunt down Rebel scum
>Darth Vader in the Savage Land
>Darth Vader makes Vibranium armor
>Darth Vader is infected by the Brood
>Darth Vader gets his ass kicked by Carol Danvers
>Darth Vader uses Wanda's reality warping powers to his advantage
>Darth Vader meets Big Hero 6
>Darth Vader fixes his medical problems using Zola's cloning methods
>Darth Vader uses the Death Star on Half-World
>Darth Vader initiates the Empire/Kree war
>Darth Vader gets mindraped by Charles Xavier
>Darth Vader's life support gets fucked up by Magneto
>Darth Vader uses Pym Particles on himself
>Darth Vader takes the MHG
>Darth Vader is exposed to the Terrigen Mist
>Darth Vader upgrades himself with Apocalypse's tech
>Darth Vader becomes part of Mojo's reality show
>Darth Vader is turned into a new MODOK
>Darth Vader meets a Skrull impersonating Padme
>Darth Vader takes the Lizard serum
>Darth Vader on Ego
>Darth Vader Vs Conan the Barbarian
>Darth Vader uses Doc Ock's tentacles
>Darth Vader uses the Muramasa Blade
>Darth Vader goes to the Cancerverse
>Darth Vader gets shot by the Punisher
>Darth Vader just shows up in a story unrelated to the MU.

Attached: darth vader and kylo ren.png (1000x618, 503K)

>Star Wars apart of Marvel?

Ugh. As if Star Wars wasn't already shit enough.

Because we don't want it to happen

Answer me honestly: Are some of you guys just finding out Marvel has been releasing Star Wars comics since fucking forever?

I just want a Death Star vs galactus fight

I'm surprised they are only doing it now, if it was DC they would have milked it with cross-overs with anyone.

They’ll probably be watching a movie or he’ll be on a poster or something. Though an elseworlds Vader vs Avengers would be neat

And it would have been fun.

>ofc a DCpig is lurking a Marvel thread ready to jump in and defend the hive

Oh, how come this doesn't surprises me anymore i wonder.

u idiots should fucking read :

Marvel Comics #1000 will be strong with the Force.

StarWars.com is excited to reveal that the landmark comic celebrating 80 years of the House of Ideas will include a new, one-page Star Wars story written by Charles Soule (Poe Dameron) with art by Terry Dodson (Princess Leia).

its not crossing over with the marvel universe

why isn't there an Indiana Jones comic right now

I'm getting MC 1000 for DeFalco/Frenz

I thought it was obvious? Oh well, you can't reason with outrage peddlers.

Kek at the last two.

Star Wars was already apart from Marvel you brainlet.